PDA

View Full Version : Kristaps.....

Atl Spur
06-07-2021, 08:38 AM
Wow! We dodged that bullet! We have options galore because of that move not being made. Trades will be made here soon.......

EasyMoney
06-07-2021, 08:42 AM
There was no bullet to dodge. Lol. He wasn't even on the market long enough, most likely. Dallas swooped in and immediately made an offer the Knicks couldn't refuse.

Unless, you're referring to what Stephen A smith said in 2017 about kawhi potentially being traded to the Knicks for kristaps...

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-07-2021, 08:53 AM
7 feet 3 and plays like he's 6'3. Terrible contract too.

Texas_Ranger
06-07-2021, 09:00 AM
Dallas FO is perhaps the worst in the league. These morons will probably give Hardayway a 60M contract. They had one job in the offseason and that was to get Luka some shooters. What they did was, trade the best shooter on the team for a guy that cant shoot. They'll probably make even mores retarded moves this offseason, cause Cuban already said he loves this team. I really hope Luka leaves that shitty franchise, cause he wont get any help from the morons running that team.

mo7888
06-07-2021, 09:18 AM
Dallas probably moves him this off-season. They'll talk with alot of teams but Atlanta and Portland will be interested I think.

Dex
06-07-2021, 09:22 AM
Dallas FO is perhaps the worst in the league. These morons will probably give Hardayway a 60M contract. They had one job in the offseason and that was to get Luka some shooters. What they did was, trade the best shooter on the team for a guy that cant shoot. They'll probably make even mores retarded moves this offseason, cause Cuban already said he loves this team. I really hope Luka leaves that shitty franchise, cause he wont get any help from the morons running that team.

Yeah, Cuban seems to have a tendency to want to make the flashy move instead of the best one. Bringing in Kristaps fit that bill perfectly even though he showed plenty of red flags in New York...and the only way they can really help the team now would be by trying to move that shitty contract.

Atl Spur
06-07-2021, 09:30 AM
There was no bullet to dodge. Lol. He wasn't even on the market long enough, most likely. Dallas swooped in and immediately made an offer the Knicks couldn't refuse.

Unless, you're referring to what Stephen A smith said in 2017 about kawhi potentially being traded to the Knicks for kristaps...

It was reported San Antonio tampered with him, New York then took exception to that. They were more than happy to screw us over in the Morris debacle! Just a little context for you.....

Texas_Ranger
06-07-2021, 09:44 AM
Yeah, Cuban seems to have a tendency to want to make the flashy move instead of the best one. Bringing in Kristaps fit that bill perfectly even though he showed plenty of red flags in New York...and the only way they can really help the team now would be by trying to move that shitty contract.

i dont think Zingis Pingis was a perfect pick. Anyone that has ever watched Luka play knows what he needs and thats not a big man. He can do just fine with an average big that can play pnr. He does need a guy that can handle the ball with him on the floor (Dragic in national team and Campazzo/Llull in Real Madrid) and a bunch of shooters. I said this long ago, but his perfect teammate would be Klay Thompson and perhaps Beal.

lmbebo
06-07-2021, 10:24 AM
Think there is also some off the court issues between Kristaps and Luka as well.

rjv
06-07-2021, 10:30 AM
kristaps only plays like an all-star when he's up against poeltl. it's going to be very hard for dallas to move him.

KobesAchilles
06-07-2021, 11:06 AM
It was reported San Antonio tampered with him, New York then took exception to that. They were more than happy to screw us over in the Morris debacle! Just a little context for you.....
??

**edit** nvm I found it. I don't trust anything Isola puts out anyways

John B
06-07-2021, 11:16 AM
I mean I hate the Mavs, but looking at bball perspective, that's just egos clashing. LaMarsha hated Lillard but eventually regretted not working out with him. Doncic is the main dog in that team, and the earlier Zingis realize that, the sooner he can play to compliment. Zingis would regret leaving and getting the best opportunity, because Doncic will win his rings. That kid is just amazing and just 22. Fuck I hate the Mavs :lol

rjv
06-07-2021, 12:06 PM
I mean I hate the Mavs, but looking at bball perspective, that's just egos clashing. LaMarsha hated Lillard but eventually regretted not working out with him. Doncic is the main dog in that team, and the earlier Zingis realize that, the sooner he can play to compliment. Zingis would regret leaving and getting the best opportunity, because Doncic will win his rings. That kid is just amazing and just 22. Fuck I hate the Mavs :lol

it's in my DNA to hate the mavs because of the history but this current roster, with luka and boban, has made it harder for me to hate on them. i was really rotting for them to beat the clips.

JeffDuncan
06-07-2021, 12:30 PM
it's in my DNA to hate the mavs because of the history but this current roster, with luka and boban, has made it harder for me to hate on them. i was really rotting for them to beat the clips.

It was great that Boban got the start in that deciding game. I stopped giving a flip about Luka or Leonard, I was cheering for Boban. Lol. Weird, I suppose, or maybe not. Boban made me hope the Mavs would win. He played a good 30 minutes and got a double double anyway. I thought the Mavs should have gone to him more.

SAGirl
06-07-2021, 12:39 PM
Everything you said except hating the Mavs.

TheGreatYacht
06-07-2021, 01:46 PM
Its hard to look good playing next to fat Westbrook tbh

He's not as bad as he looked this series, he's averaged 20 & 9 the last 3 seasons and he's only 26. He'd be the best Center a PG like Dejounte could ask for, and he's easily better than :lol Markannen and/or Poodle :lol

If Hawks re-sign Collins, I wouldn't oppose a Porzingis trade. Poeltl and White should get it done.

JeffDuncan
06-07-2021, 02:05 PM

If Hawks re-sign Collins, I wouldn't oppose a Porzingis trade. Poeltl and White should get it done.

Poeltl + White would be about 8 mil short. And probably a bad trade for the Spurs.

Spurtacular
06-07-2021, 02:13 PM
I didn't see a guy that wanted to be a 1B or even a suitable 2 in the fourth quarter of that Game 7 against the Clippers.

Spurtacular
06-07-2021, 02:13 PM
I didn't see a guy that wanted to be a 1B or even a suitable 2 in the fourth quarter of that Game 7 against the Clippers.

mo7888
06-07-2021, 02:36 PM
Poeltl + White would be about 8 mil short. And probably a bad trade for the Spurs.

We wouldn't need to match salary because we have space.

Texas_Ranger
06-07-2021, 02:58 PM
Its hard to look good playing next to fat Westbrook tbh

He's not as bad as he looked this series, he's averaged 20 & 9 the last 3 seasons and he's only 26. He'd be the best Center a PG like Dejounte could ask for, and he's easily better than :lol Markannen and/or Poodle :lol

so, you like a 7'3 guy that cant post up midgets like Reggie jackson and Pat Beverly, wont play around the rim, cause even a slight touch can hurt him, cant set a pick and all he does is shoot retarded 3 pointers. Oh and he also cant rebound and play defense.
Fuck, I dont like Poeltl, but id never take a 7'3 wannabe Danny Green that will cost 100M.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-07-2021, 03:07 PM

:tu

poopbox
06-07-2021, 03:30 PM
Sign and trade for him and Demar straight up.

Dallas has the worst version of him. We could get at least a much better version due to how differently our team is constructed.

JeffDuncan
06-07-2021, 03:45 PM

That’s true, good point. Guess I’m conditioned to always try to match. The Spurs don’t usually have a lot of cap space. Even so, I wouldn’t give White and Poeltl for him.

mo7888
06-07-2021, 03:46 PM
That’s true, good point. Guess I’m conditioned to always try to match. The Spurs don’t usually have a lot of cap space. Even so, I wouldn’t give White and Poeltl for him.

True dat...we haven't been in the position of having space in quite some time..

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-07-2021, 03:48 PM
I think he was still recovering from injuries which hurt his movement defensively and offensively I think he wasn’t utilized enough and correctly.

but I agree that he has underachieved in Dallas but I think it’s more so due to injuries.

JeffDuncan
06-07-2021, 03:49 PM
Sign and trade for him and Demar straight up.

To me that looks like a much more interesting idea. But I don’t think Luka would accept another player who’s so ball dominant.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-07-2021, 03:52 PM
he’s weak, frabble with questionable iq and character ... but hed be the best player on sa easily

r0drig0lac
06-07-2021, 03:55 PM
There is no motivation to play with a dominant ball like Harden, and it's exactly the same with his younger version (Doncic).

poopbox
06-07-2021, 04:21 PM
To me that looks like a much more interesting idea. But I don’t think Luka would accept another player who’s so ball dominant.

Oh no doubt it would be a terrible fit for the mavs but as a spurs fan I don't give a shit about that. I don't think the mavs are going to be able to do any better in a trade for Porzingis than Kemba, CJ, or sign and trade for Derozan. I would want us to do this deal because we actually get some value out of a player we have no use for and get a player in Porzingis who we can give the green light to on offense, since guys like Poeltl and Dejounte mostly only shoot cause they have to. DJ's 14 shots a game are coming out of necessity rather than that being the way he wants to play.

poopbox
06-07-2021, 04:23 PM

Only willing to do a Derozan sign and trade for Kristaps. We should not be giving up any players to get him, especially someone like white who would be a really good fit with Kristaps.

Just need to hope that nobody throws major money at Derozan and he sees that the way he gets the most money is a sign and trade for Kristaps

JeffDuncan
06-07-2021, 04:30 PM
^ I would be thrilled if we could somehow put Porzi in place of Lyles in that roster spot.

TheGreatYacht
06-07-2021, 04:36 PM
Every time a stat stuffing ball dominant player loses in the playoffs, the supporting cast will always get the blame.

:cry Luka, Lebron, Russ, Harden never have any help :cry

Porzingis will get his touches here and he'd open the paint for Keldon and Dejounte playing off ball as well. Not to mention he'd never let JONAS VALENCIUNAS skull fuck him like he did to someone else...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaCGcKdIvwQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feGi72qXF5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVaUbESkUrc

r0drig0lac
06-07-2021, 04:51 PM
Every time a stat stuffing ball dominant player loses in the playoffs, the supporting cast will always get the blame.

:cry Luka, Lebron, Russ, Harden never have any help :cry

Porzingis will get his touches here and he'd open the paint for Keldon and Dejounte playing off ball as well. Not to mention he'd never let JONAS VALENCIUNAS skull fuck him like he did to someone else...

it's beautiful how spurstalk is in Doncic's balls, but criticizes Harden for doing the exact same thing and doing it MUCH longer.

exstatic
06-07-2021, 05:04 PM
Only willing to do a Derozan sign and trade for Kristaps. We should not be giving up any players to get him, especially someone like white who would be a really good fit with Kristaps.

Just need to hope that nobody throws major money at Derozan and he sees that the way he gets the most money is a sign and trade for Kristaps

Why would they want a mediocre ball dominant player when they already have an outstanding one?

Texas_Ranger
06-07-2021, 05:35 PM
whoever want porzingis here has not watched him play in years and probably has no idea about basketball.

oh and yea, Luka is so bad, that anytime he's on the floor, the Mavs are doing just fine and when he's on the bench, they look like a bunch of retarded kids. The Harden thing is also stupid, as the Rockets were actual contenders and had pretty damn good teams, while I have no idea who thought the Mavs were anything special. The only sad thing is how the Clippers couldnt defeat them in 5.

LittleCriminal
06-07-2021, 06:00 PM
whoever want porzingis here has not watched him play in years and probably has no idea about basketball.

Agreed with this take..

LittleCriminal
06-07-2021, 06:02 PM
Surprised there aren't any posts trading for A. Davis too...lol

TheGreatYacht
06-07-2021, 07:49 PM
Fat-Harden fans :lol

Of course it's gonna look like he had no help. Chucking up 28 FGA per game for the series, more than THJ (14FGA) and KP (10FGA) combined. Last year when Fat Harden wasn't as big of a black hole, Porzingis was actually used properly and he was averaging 24 & 9 against the Clippers before he got hurt. He needs to get out of Dallas before that front runner turns him into Miami Chris Bosh

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-07-2021, 08:38 PM
He needs to get out of Dallas before that front runner turns him into Miami Chris Bosh

a 2 time NBA champion?

Texas_Ranger
06-07-2021, 11:43 PM

Of course it's gonna look like he had no help. Chucking up 28 FGA per game for the series, more than THJ (14FGA) and KP (10FGA) combined. Last year when Fat Harden wasn't as big of a black hole, Porzingis was actually used properly and he was averaging 24 & 9 against the Clippers before he got hurt. He needs to get out of Dallas before that front runner turns him into Miami Chris Bosh

Porzingis can only wish to be Chris Bosh. But all he will ever be is Andrean Bargnani.

rankingtear
06-08-2021, 05:06 AM
As Zach Lowe states they want him to play center so he can get those touches but he can't defend the rim. So they pair him with rim protectors, that in turn demotes him to being a floor spacer on offense. You see the same thing with John Collins of ATL.

That is the dilemma, he can't be used properly offense because the other teams just carves up his defense.

KOC dives deeper on KP scarecrow defense as a center

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM-36NHGaq8

tbdog
06-08-2021, 06:29 AM

Actually Spurs can just offer them a second round pick and eat the contract. Spurs don't have to match.

Atl Spur
06-08-2021, 08:45 AM
Dallas will have to attach compensation to get off this contract, he is considered a terrible investment right now!

mo7888
06-08-2021, 09:10 AM
Dallas will have to attach compensation to get off this contract, he is considered a terrible investment right now!

I don't think that's true at all. There will be plenty of suitors that will want him thinking they can mold him into a better version himself.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-08-2021, 09:26 AM
I don't think that's true at all. There will be plenty of suitors that will want him thinking they can mold him into a better version himself.

Doubt it. He's on the Walker-Love-Westbrook-Wall trade carousel. $100 mil for a broken down player with a bad attitude. Yikes!

mo7888
06-08-2021, 09:32 AM
Doubt it. He's on the Walker-Love-Westbrook-Wall trade carousel. $100 mil for a broken down player with a bad attitude. Yikes!

Maybe...I'm skeptical...either way we'll know this summer...

SpursforSix
06-08-2021, 09:42 AM
it's beautiful how spurstalk is in Doncic's balls, but criticizes Harden for doing the exact same thing and doing it MUCH longer.

Their fist three seasons are nothing alike.

r0drig0lac
06-08-2021, 09:55 AM
Their fist three seasons are nothing alike.

and?

Texas_Ranger
06-08-2021, 10:32 AM
i dont know what people want from Doncic. He is first in potetential assists, he lead the Mavs to the best offense in the histroy of the NBA last year. He's the only reason the series even went to 7 games. People just dont watch Mavs play and then say shit like, he's just as Westbrook or Harden. He also has to have the ball all the time, cause none of his teammates can handle the ball. None of them can create a shot for themselfs as well. Harden had 10X better teammates in Houston and did nothing. Lets see if Doncic can actually do something with a good team. This team is a lotery team without him on the floor. Just look at some games.

The Truth #6
06-08-2021, 10:33 AM
I thought the Mavs already tried to trade him and quickly pulled back when they saw the immediate lack of interest and then tried to save face?

Texas_Ranger
06-08-2021, 10:36 AM
I thought the Mavs already tried to trade him and quickly pulled back when they saw the immediate lack of interest and then tried to save face?

I dont think theres a team that would want a 100M Andrea Bargnani. It will be a miracle to trade him.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-08-2021, 11:09 AM
Kristaps would be great on the Spurs, tbh.

Texas_Ranger
06-08-2021, 11:17 AM
Kristaps would be great on the Spurs, tbh.

he would be a great Trey Lyles replacement. Dont know if Pop would like his defense.

SpursforSix
06-08-2021, 11:49 AM
and?

You're the one that made the comparison between the two. I don't think there is any comparison at this point in their careers. Maybe that has to do with their situations but that would be speculation. But Hardin's stats (pts/rebounds/assists) for the first three years are roughly half of Lukas.

Proxy
06-08-2021, 12:04 PM
Kristaps is a pussy, yall want another RJ?

r0drig0lac
06-08-2021, 12:23 PM
You're the one that made the comparison between the two. I don't think there is any comparison at this point in their careers. Maybe that has to do with their situations but that would be speculation. But Hardin's stats (pts/rebounds/assists) for the first three years are roughly half of Lukas.

age or career point is irrelevant here, we're talking absolute and real value, and they have exactly the same virtues and flaws, the fact that you believe he will be better (or different) than Harden at some point in his career doesn't do that be true in 2021.

SpursforSix
06-08-2021, 12:51 PM
age or career point is irrelevant here, we're talking absolute and real value, and they have exactly the same virtues and flaws, the fact that you believe he will be better (or different) than Harden at some point in his career doesn't do that be true in 2021.

That's fair I guess. But I think a lot of the Luka love is based on how quickly he got to this point. They're historically great numbers which Harden didn't have at the same point. In terms of absolute value for right now and not making projections...OK.

Atl Spur
06-08-2021, 01:03 PM

This! I didn’t respond to dude because it’s super obvious and has been stated multiple times......not to mention the next first round pick they can offer in a trade is 2025!! Dallas is screwed!

Prime BEEF
06-08-2021, 01:39 PM

Fat harden

lmao. Too funny

Texas_Ranger
06-08-2021, 02:08 PM
In non-Luka minutes in this series DAL scored 88 points, LAC scored 131
In 99 possessions when Luka was off the floor Brunson took 26 shots, THJ 21 shots, Richardson 15, Porzingis 15.

But its Luka's fault the giant 7'3 vagina doesnt play like a superstar. If you just watched their games, you can see that Hardaway is a much bigger alpha on offense, than the wannabe shooting guard. Carlisle is also at fault, cause he pretty much forbid Zingis Pingis to play in the post, which he cant do anyway. He's getting destroyed by midgets... but yea, its Luka's fault.

The Truth #6
06-08-2021, 02:12 PM
Wow. Three pages talking about this dickweed?

DMC
06-08-2021, 02:15 PM
Cuban is too involved in the basketball operations. He needs to let basketball people do that. He's a fantasy league player at best but because he spends so much time around it, he thinks he's a basketball mind.

Texas_Ranger
06-08-2021, 02:40 PM
Cuban is too involved in the basketball operations. He needs to let basketball people do that. He's a fantasy league player at best but because he spends so much time around it, he thinks he's a basketball mind.

true. I dont think players love the owners, that are sitting right next to them and always high fiving them after games.

DMC
06-08-2021, 08:52 PM
Probably not but the issue isn't owner/player relations. The issue is people like Cuban think they know more about what it takes to make a good team than people with basketball team building pedigrees. Everyone knows that guy who just recently started doing something and right away he's trying to instruct others. That's what I think of Mark Cuban when it comes to the NBA. I don't think there's any way Rick Carlisle picks some of the shitty players Cuban ends up with. All you need to know to know what Cuban is - he shit on a championship team because he didn't want to pay Tyson Chandler. He got his one ring and after that he's financially savvy enough to know he doesn't have to win to be profitable. This is the problem with an entity that competes within it's own ranks (NBA for example) - they don't have enough real competition to force them to get better due to the financial threat of losing. NY is a good example, profitable as hell, can't win for shit. Why upgrade your home if it doesn't raise the sell price?

Proxy
06-09-2021, 01:20 AM
Sounds like you’re talking about jerry

John B
06-09-2021, 01:03 PM
Porzingis can only wish to be Chris Bosh. But all he will ever be is Andrean Bargnani.
I think that was a sarcasm comparing Zingis to Bosh who coat tail Lebron/Wade. The worst Zingis would do is leave Doncic, who at 22 is already MVP material and eventually will win his ring or two. Damn I hate the Mavs :bang:lol

Atl Spur
06-09-2021, 03:46 PM
I think that was a sarcasm comparing Zingis to Bosh who coat tail Lebron/Wade. The worst Zingis would do is leave Doncic, who at 22 is already MVP material and eventually will win his ring or two. Damn I hate the Mavs :bang:lol

Maybe he’ll ( Doncic ) win a few but it’s not a forgone conclusion! Team building is really a thing regardless of the superstar! Dork only won one...

cd98
06-11-2021, 08:51 AM
I don't think Kristaps has a ton of value right now. I do think Dallas should make a play for DDR. Let him be a two or a three player and take playmaking pressure off of Doncic.

Atl Spur
10-25-2023, 07:27 PM
Good ol’ KP making me look brilliant!

spurraider21
10-25-2023, 07:30 PM
ive always loved KP. shooting has always been my favorite trait. its why i always loved dirk even in the rivalry years. Ray allen on the sonics was one of my favorite players in the league as well

but KP's problem has never been his ability, its been his availability. as long as he's out there, boston is going to be a problem