PDA

View Full Version : Fake or real tree for you this Christmas?

CharlieMac
11-15-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm going with fake. As in not real. As in I'm not dealing with dragging a tree into my house.

Oh, Gee!!
11-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Fake

Bo Malette
11-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Neither. I hate Christmas and life.

ALVAREZ6
11-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Fake.

midgetonadonkey
11-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Fake trees last longer and don't leave all those fucking dry needles everywhere. Real trees smell better though.

ZStomp
11-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Real. I love the smell.

http://www.patchencalifornia.com/images/3trees.jpg

SpursWoman
11-15-2005, 08:12 PM
some kind of synthetic material with lots of christmas tree smelling candles. :tu

Mr. Defense
11-15-2005, 08:20 PM
lets get a charlie brown christmas tree and make it beautiful.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Well you can hang more ornaments on fake trees, heavier ones too.

Real trees can smell great but also give you allergies.

Puppy Dog
11-15-2005, 10:41 PM
regarding heavy ornaments....always remember, less is more. :tu

Deadbeat Dad
11-15-2005, 10:44 PM
people who use fake trees need to have a fake turkey for thanksgiving also.

Puppy Dog
11-15-2005, 11:25 PM
and fake presents...i mean wtf....fake?

who likes fake?

break out the nyquil and a fucking vaccum...

Horry For 3!
11-15-2005, 11:26 PM
We have a fake tree.

Puppy Dog
11-15-2005, 11:29 PM
well...it's the thought that counts....i'm just ragging...:tu

love in the house means a Merry Christmas...even if there is no tree at all...

SmotPoker
11-15-2005, 11:31 PM
I'd say real, but I'm allergic, so I'll have to go with the fake.

Has anyone heard of the new thing to do with trees this year? Hanging them upside down on the ceiling, sounds nutty I know, but very interesting.

Puppy Dog
11-15-2005, 11:31 PM

Has anyone heard of the new thing to do with trees this year? Hanging them upside down on the ceiling, sounds nutty I know, but very interesting.

acid is a helluva drug...

Faccia di Angelo
11-15-2005, 11:32 PM
people who use fake trees need to have a fake turkey for thanksgiving also.
:lol

Real! Always real. I hate the mess and keeping up with the fresh water but I wouldn't want it any other way. I'll miss it this year :(

Puppy Dog
11-15-2005, 11:34 PM
I'll miss it this year :(

do tell why? thanks. if it's not our business, i understand...:tu

Das Texan
11-15-2005, 11:36 PM
the last real tree i had was the one i used for my navitity scene a few years back.

then some mother fuckers stole jesus. Yes they fucking stole Jesus.

fucking pieces of shit.

Puppy Dog
11-15-2005, 11:37 PM
the last real tree i had was the one i used for my navitity scene a few years back.

fucking pieces of shit.

Jesus was the most valuable. You have to forgive them. :tu :angel

Faccia di Angelo
11-15-2005, 11:42 PM
do tell why? thanks. if it's not our business, i understand...:tu
Cause I'm not at home anymore and my parents did the whole "real" tree deal. I always decorated the house and tree nicely and thats when I knew the holidays were here. This year I'm gonna be with someone who's probably gonna ruin Christmas and buy a fake tree and not allow me to be involved at all. Its quite depressing :( This time the holidays just seem to be flying by me.

smeagol
11-15-2005, 11:43 PM
Never understood the whole "real tree" thing. Grow a tres for (I have no clue, how old are those things?) to simply use it for 15 days and then through it away.

Use fake tress, for Godsake!

Faccia di Angelo
11-15-2005, 11:44 PM

fucking pieces of shit.

Are you the one I heard about on the news!? Geez that sucks. Don't let those Jesus robbers deter you. Put that little real tree with the nativity scene back up and be proud.

Puppy Dog
11-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Cause I'm not at home anymore and my parents did the whole "real" tree deal. I always decorated the house and tree nicely and thats when I knew the holidays were here. This year I'm gonna be with someone who's probably gonna ruin Christmas and buy a fake tree and not allow me to be involved at all. Its quite depressing :( This time the holidays just seem to be flying by me.

if your not at home? where are you? may i ask...

and why don't you just talk to the 'someone' and ask them if a real tree can be had...if they are reasonable, and YOU take responsibility for cleanup, and maintainance...why wouldn't a real tree be allowed...

don't be depressed...take control and be happy...that's the way it should be sista. :tu

T Park
11-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Never understood the whole "real tree" thing. Grow a tres for (I have no clue, how old are those things?) to simply use it for 15 days and then through it away.

Yeah pretty much.

Real trees rock.

Get that pine smell first thing you walk in the house.

Cant get that with a fake ass tree.

Fuckin cheapies.

Puppy Dog
11-15-2005, 11:52 PM
there are great $40 dollar trees at walmart...but it's understood that sometimes people don't have the cash, or don't want the hassle, or even that they already have their trees in the garage...

the tree is all about the ambiance....and it's always better to decorate it with someone you love....:tu

N.Y. Johnny
11-15-2005, 11:56 PM

Hey I'm surprised you get a fake tree at all!!!!! OMG i knew this was going to happen to you when you moved into STALAG 17
don't act up and behave and maybe with your Christmas tree, they'll let you guys have "De-Lousing" for the holidays. :lmao

SA210
11-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Real. I love the smell.

http://www.patchencalifornia.com/images/3trees.jpg
agree

Faccia di Angelo
11-16-2005, 12:06 AM
Puppy Dog- I like your positive attitude :tu

Hey I'm surprised you get a fake tree at all!!!!! OMG i knew this was going to happen to you when you moved into STALAG 17
don't act up and behave and maybe with your Christmas tree, they'll let you guys have "De-Lousing" for the holidays. :lmao
:lol shutup Johnny

ZStomp
11-16-2005, 01:46 AM
both of u..be quiet!

Silver21_Black20
11-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Real...the pine fragrance is well worth sweeping the floors every other day :)

SpursWoman
11-16-2005, 07:26 AM
I have 8 huge rubbermaid tubs of Christmas decorations...and User is planning on Griswald-ing the house with lights. As a matter of fact, I may have to try to get an electrician in install a higher capacity circuit box between now and then...so I don't think spirit has anything to do with it.

I don't think a fake tree makes the slightest bit of difference...other than we like to put it up early, and usually no matter how hard I try that fucker is dead by Christmas. No, thanks. :lol

Slomo
11-16-2005, 07:35 AM

:tu

fake

JoeChalupa
11-16-2005, 07:42 AM
Fake. Hang a pine-scented tree as an ornament and I'm done!

Taco
11-16-2005, 10:46 AM
First it was Real

Then Fake

Now it's Real again

so do i have a Feal Tree ?

xrayzebra
11-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Fake trees last longer and don't leave all those fucking dry needles everywhere. Real trees smell better though.

I agree with that. Needles are a pain to get out of the carpet. :depressed
But like the smell of the real thing. Maybe they will come out with a spray.

SWC Bonfire
11-16-2005, 11:07 AM

I think they even had a real tree in Stalag 17...it's in Germany, after all.

I haven't had a tree since I live alone, but I'm German and anything other than a real tree is an abomination to Baby Jesus. :lol

Shelly
11-16-2005, 11:14 AM

I saw that about hanging them upside down.

If there's a power outage in Alamo Hts, we'll know who to blame, coughUSERcough.

I used to always get real and then we bought a fake one. When we lived in Tucson, that tree dried out so fast that if you looked at it, it would drop half it's needles.

This year I think I'm gonna get one of those small rosemary trees and then I can put it outside and use it for cooking.

sa_butta
11-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Fake, but I am going to hate Christmas this year.

SWC Bonfire
11-16-2005, 11:16 AM
This year I think I'm gonna get one of those small rosemary trees and then I can put it outside and use it for cooking.

:tu Rosemary bread kicks ass.

SpursWoman
11-16-2005, 11:24 AM
:tu Rosemary bread kicks ass.

I made the Macaroni Grill recipe Shelly posted for Chris for his birthday ... it was beyond awesome. :tu

2Blonde
11-16-2005, 11:28 AM
We have always bought fake because of asthma & allergies. This year we replaced our 10 year old one with a new 7 1/2 foot tree pre-lit one that rotates. It's awesome. We had the thing put up in 20 minutes. All I have to do is spread out the boughs and hang the ornaments.

atlfan25
11-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Neither

I am putting up a big ass cactus

Shelly
11-16-2005, 11:51 AM
I made the Macaroni Grill recipe Shelly posted for Chris for his birthday ... it was beyond awesome. :tu

That's why I want the rosemary tree! :)

easjer
11-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Fake. Grew up with fakes, love them. Cost effective, easily storable, environmentally friendly, no needles to clean up.

Another alternative if you are short on space, as we are this year, is to hang lighted garland and put your ornaments on the garland.

tlongII
11-16-2005, 01:29 PM
As Oregon supplies most of the christmas trees in the country I recommend getting a real one. It helps our economy.

JoeChalupa
11-16-2005, 01:45 PM
As Oregon supplies most of the christmas trees in the country I recommend getting a real one. It helps our economy.

But it hurts my wallet. My Christmas shopping helps the economy well enough.

sa_butta
11-16-2005, 03:40 PM
treethatbig.wav (http://www.moviewavs.com/0078546128/WAVS/Movies/National_Lampoons_Christmas_Vacation/treethatbig.wav)

NZHayden
11-16-2005, 03:54 PM
fake because my gf has allergies

SWC Bonfire
11-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Actually, a lot of our Christmas trees I think come from the Carolinas or are grown locally.

Shelly
11-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Actually, a lot of our Christmas trees I think come from the Carolinas or are grown locally.

Can't you go to Pipe Creek and cut down your own?

SWC Bonfire
11-16-2005, 04:20 PM
Can't you go to Pipe's Creek and cut down your own?

Sure, there are numerous "cut your own" places around. I was speaking of the ones that are trucked in from out of state.

Ginofan
11-16-2005, 04:24 PM
We go fake. The cats would shred a real one with all their climbing up and down it, and I'm too lazy to pick up needles every damn day!

tlongII
11-16-2005, 05:15 PM

California, Oregon, Michigan, Washington, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and North Carolina are the top Christmas tree producing states. Oregon is the leading producer of Christmas trees - 8.6 million in 1998.

SWC Bonfire
11-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Actually, a lot of our Christmas trees I think come from the Carolinas or are grown locally. :lol

North Carolina is the closest of all that you mentioned, unless maybe lower Michigan is closer.

sa21
11-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Fake

N.Y. Johnny
11-17-2005, 12:29 AM
We go fake. The cats would shred a real one with all their climbing up and down it, and I'm too lazy to pick up needles every damn day!

what you do then, is let some of the wires on the lights on the tree bare and pour some water around the base..enjoy the light show :lmao

spurs=bling
11-18-2005, 05:49 PM
we always get real, it make the house smell good.

Kdfelicity
11-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Definitely real. They smell divine, and half the fun of having a tree is taking the time to go pick one out and bring it home.

To all you complainers of picking the needles up, the mess, and what not, suck it up! Don't be a half-pinter. Go real!