PDA

View Full Version : Itw Tp 15/11

leonarth
11-16-2005, 04:58 AM
• November 15, 2005

« No excuses »

Tony, how do you explain the loss against Washington ?

We do not have any excuse. We had played the day before in Boston but with a comfortable lead going into the 4th quarter our starters almost did not play the last 12 minutes ; hence we cannot talk about fatigue. It is only due to Gilbert Arenas who was on fire and very impressive (43 points). The last time we had played them, he had finished the game on a 0/13. I think he remembered that game. With a Tim Duncan a bit below his usual self (3/18) it was a bit tough to stay in the game

Defensively, how did you organize yourselves ?

I started the game on Arenas. As everything he was trying was going in, Pop decided to put Bruce Bowen on him for the second quarter but the result was much the same and when a player is that successful there is not much to be done. You have to wait for the storm to pass but unfortunately for us, the storm lasted all game long.

You’d rather defend on a small a speedy guard such as Iverson and Francis or a bigger one like Jaric and Miller ?

I have no preferences. With Pop, if you don’t defend you end up on the bench. You have no choice; you have to give your maximum whatever the opponent. Once every ten games you will face a player that will catch on fire and this is what happened Saturday with Arenas. Fortunately for me, it is not like this all the time.

What are the news regarding Brent Barry and Michael Finley ?

Brent did not practice yesterday. Finley did a few drills but could not play in a 5-on-5. I think they will miss another one or two games.

The relative ‘old’ age of a few teammates is not the weak point of this Spurs’ team ?

It is a double sided edge to have players older than 32. for now, we’ve always managed well with our ‘old’ guys Gregg Popovich is extremely careful with them by scheduling light practices. As an example of this, during the October training camp, we only did a two a day (2 practices sessions the same day) only once. In all of the other teams in the leagues, they usually do that for at least two weeks. Pop knows his job very well and he understood that we must be in shape when the playoffs time comes.

http://www.tp9.net/en/index1.php

Bruno
11-16-2005, 07:28 AM
Thanks.

It's not a real ITW, it's the transcript of his radio show.
Last week, it was bad done (sentences were add that Tony didn't say), this week it was correct.

Tony has said too that he will begin to work with Chip the 3's in two weeks.