PDA

View Full Version : Clippers gonna win...book it

offset formation
06-14-2021, 10:52 AM
Just like when neph was in Toronto, injuries to all the other team's star players are starting to take their toll. Neph is gonna win another because no one was healthy.

Not sure why the basketball gods seem to favor this fuck and his grifting uncle, but the stars do seem to align.

tonski117
06-14-2021, 12:45 PM
Utah vs philly finals

slick'81
06-14-2021, 01:41 PM
Hes gotta get through utah first

daslicer
06-14-2021, 06:21 PM
It's not looking good right now but the only solace I can take is that Clippers will continue to face herculean obstacles every round without having home court advantage for the rest of the playoffs.

exstatic
06-14-2021, 06:28 PM
Utah has too many weapons. A creator/scorer in Spider. A scorer in Clarkson. A GAGGLE of high level 3 point shooters, both starting and off the bench. I don’t think the LAC have enough defenders to keep up.

DeRozan m8
06-14-2021, 07:22 PM
Nah...the Clippers really aren't very good tbh

Took a career playoff performance by nephew just to get past Luka and his shit team

timtonymanu
06-14-2021, 08:37 PM
I thought Utah looked like the better team after Game 2 and then Game 3 happened. Clippers at their best blew them out while Utah had to win close games in both of their home games. Utah has to win tonight to have a chance to win this because I feel like the Clippers are more capable of beating them on the road than Utah winning on the road against them, tbh.

widowmaker
06-14-2021, 09:20 PM
What if he tears his acl or ends up in a helicopter crash?

exstatic
06-14-2021, 09:39 PM
I thought Utah looked like the better team after Game 2 and then Game 3 happened. Clippers at their best blew them out while Utah had to win close games in both of their home games. Utah has to win tonight to have a chance to win this because I feel like the Clippers are more capable of beating them on the road than Utah winning on the road against them, tbh.

The scores in the games don’t matter. If it’s by 1 or 41, it counts as one win for the team. Some posters don’t realize it, but the 2007 Suns scored more points in the series, but lost 4-2.

timtonymanu
06-14-2021, 10:08 PM
The scores in the games don’t matter. If it’s by 1 or 41, it counts as one win for the team. Some posters don’t realize it, but the 2007 Suns scored more points in the series, but lost 4-2.

Wasn’t necessarily my main point. I just think the Clippers still have the higher ceiling and in these two home games for them, they are reaching it. Conley being out hurts the Jazz a lot for sure, but I think the clippers look like the better team right now.

Arcadian
06-14-2021, 10:12 PM
They certainly could. :lol At people counting them out after 2 games again.

FutureMan
06-14-2021, 11:29 PM
4th seeds don’t win finals. The NBA would have to REALLY go out of their way to rig it.

pookenstein
06-15-2021, 03:48 AM
I also think they'll win it. In fact I bet on them winning it all after they beat the Mavs and again bet on them winning the Utha series after being down 2-0.

Fireball
06-15-2021, 07:58 AM
now he got injured himself ... it hits everyone ... that nasty dunk though

offset formation
06-15-2021, 09:56 AM
I also think they'll win it. In fact I bet on them winning it all after they beat the Mavs and again bet on them winning the Utha series after being down 2-0.

It's punishment from the God ducks believes in for the historic run we had and now we have to watch neph ring while we get worse.

I know because he is smiting neph's potential enemies with unparalleled injuries on each title run. All the more reason to hate ducks and his god.

offset formation
06-15-2021, 09:57 AM
4th seeds don’t win finals. The NBA would have to REALLY go out of their way to rig it.

oh. grasshopper.

jjspur
06-15-2021, 10:10 AM
Sorry bud, but its Phoenix or Utah. Don't think Brooklyn, Milwaukee, or the clippers can keep up with Phoenix or win a defensive duel with Utah. Maybe next year or the year after that or after that or .......yo get the picture.

offset formation
06-15-2021, 10:11 AM
Sorry bud, but its Phoenix or Utah. Don't think Brooklyn, Milwaukee, or the clippers can keep up with Phoenix or win a defensive duel with Utah. Maybe next year or the year after that or after that or .......yo get the picture.

it's already been decided by duck's God and by Adam Silver

exstatic
06-16-2021, 09:11 AM
https://twitter.com/windhorstespn/status/1405150340010422281?s=21

John B
06-16-2021, 09:34 AM
Will Balmer drive him to the gym for Game 7? Kawhi has a player option and don’t want to rush his ass :lmao

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-16-2021, 11:52 AM

Yeah, I think we all saw this one coming. When I saw his knee compress a bit in game 4, I knew he was likely done for the year. Probably going to hang them up until 2023 knowing Kawhi's injury tolerance.

MoSpur02
06-16-2021, 11:58 AM
Per Shams, the Clippers fear he has an ACL injury. He is done. Probably will most of if not all of next season.

poopbox
06-16-2021, 11:58 AM
So Kawhi leonard has an injury that is going to keep him out while being on the last year of his deal with only a player option year left :lmao

Wonder where we have seen this before :lmao

Leetonidas
06-16-2021, 12:07 PM
Lol glass man can't stay healthy without load managing half the season

Dex
06-16-2021, 12:09 PM
So Kawhi leonard has an injury that is going to keep him out while being on the last year of his deal with only a player option year left :lmao

Kawhi: :cry I really just want to go to Brooklyn, it's like my second home :cry

daslicer
06-16-2021, 12:20 PM
Kawhi: :cry I really just want to go to Brooklyn, it's like my second home :cry

More like Manhattan since the Knicks have cap space to offer him the max while Brooklyn is capped out.

daslicer
06-16-2021, 12:21 PM

The question is will he take the team diagnosis seriously or will he need to see 10 other doctors because he simply doesn't want to believe in the diagnosis.

SpurPadre
06-16-2021, 12:24 PM
Such a great fucking day!

LeBowen
06-16-2021, 12:26 PM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...oh, wait.

Fuck him.

K...
06-16-2021, 12:32 PM
The "welcome kawhi back" thread now makes sense. He is sufficiently tosb.

lefty
06-16-2021, 12:33 PM
Nice jinx feggit

SPURt
06-16-2021, 12:36 PM
What if he tears his acl or ends up in a helicopter crash?
What dark magic do you possess good sir?!

Dejounte
06-16-2021, 12:47 PM
Nah still doubting it. He will be back to play just in time for the WCF.

either that or Paul George will lead the team to a ring and Kawhi will share the glory

John B
06-16-2021, 12:59 PM
My hopes of small market teams in the Finals :ihit...

slick'81
06-16-2021, 01:09 PM
Not going to wish injury on anybody but.......karma is a biatch

poopbox
06-16-2021, 01:12 PM
The question is will he take the team diagnosis seriously or will he need to see 10 other doctors because he simply doesn't want to believe in the diagnosis.

The funny thing is that since he left the spurs he hasn't been "San Antonio" Kawhi where he would guard the other teams best or second best offensive player the majority of the game, he became just another guy who only really guards the other teams best player at the end of the the game. Except for game 4 against Utah where from the opening tip he played fantastic defense on everyone on the Jazz and pretty much made it so they couldn't even get into first gear on offense. The absolute one time he plays like that in the playoffs, it ends with a leg injury and now he is out indefinitely :lmao

All that load management for nothing and now the clippers will have to decide if they are going to max out a guy with a degenerative issue in his right leg and multiple injuries to his left leg or NOT pay him and go forward with Paul George as there best player with no draft picks in forever.

Clips are operating over the cap so its not like they can really even sign anyone to replace Kawhi :lmao

All that tampering and shit they did and look what it got them :lmao

Ice009
06-16-2021, 01:23 PM
Per Shams, the Clippers fear he has an ACL injury. He is done. Probably will most of if not all of next season.

Wow, what happened? How did the injury occur? Was it a freak landing?

John B
06-16-2021, 01:27 PM
Not going to wish injury on anybody but.......karma is a biatch

Nah let's just be true here.. fuck yeah! :lmao

emanueldavidginobili

woah

D-Robinson 50 fan
Yeah, I think we all saw this one coming. When I saw his knee compress a bit in game 4, I knew he was likely done for the year. Probably going to hang them up until 2023 knowing Kawhi's injury tolerance.

I said the same thing when he didn’t even finish out the fourth quarter.

i knew his injury was way worse than he let on after the game. No way in hell with the Clippers losing that lead and barely holding on would a non injured Kawhi not get game time.

lmbebo
06-16-2021, 02:03 PM
Injury couldn't have happened to a better guy ... may his healing and rehab be a long arduous process... but otherwise he be healthy.

gospursgojas
06-16-2021, 02:03 PM
Lol Blamer gave up ownership, private jet, bought him a home to live in San Diego, kicked the girls out of their locker room
for him.... for this?? :lol

Uncle Dennis seeing those NY bright lights and dollar signs.

exstatic
06-16-2021, 02:07 PM
The Karma wheel turns slowly sometimes, but it always turns.

I’m wondering if he now wishes he had played that season in SA. He’s sitting on about 11 thousand points, and if it’s an ACL, he’ll miss most, or all of next season, and have a compromised recovery season after that. He’ll be 31 after the recovery season. I’d say his HOF case is in doubt.

exstatic
06-16-2021, 02:14 PM
Lol Blamer gave up ownership, private jet, bought him a home to live in San Diego, kicked the girls out of their locker room
for him.... for this?? :lol

Uncle Dennis seeing those NY bright lights and dollar signs.

They didn’t get any ownership. After uncle D threw his weight around during FA, there was a very thorough investigation. If there had been some sort of ownership conveyed, it would have been quietly reversed.

timtonymanu
06-16-2021, 02:36 PM
:lol avoiding the Lakers so you could play 7 games against Doncic and fatiguing yourself in the process

Still, I have a feeling the Jazz will lay an egg or one of their players will “Zaza” Mitchell on the way out. Someone like Beverley.

exstatic
06-16-2021, 02:47 PM
:lol avoiding the Lakers so you could play 7 games against Doncic and fatiguing yourself in the process

Still, I have a feeling the Jazz will lay an egg or one of their players will “Zaza” Mitchell on the way out. Someone like Beverley.

The Jazz are too deep. Good defense and a shit load of shooters. Wouldn’t do any good to damage Mitchell, because the Clippers are fucked, even if they advance.

Maddog
06-16-2021, 03:00 PM
All that load management for nothing and now the clippers will have to decide if they are going to max out a guy with a degenerative issue in his right leg and multiple injuries to his left leg or NOT pay him and go forward with Paul George as there best player with no draft picks in forever.

Clips are operating over the cap so its not like they can really even sign anyone to replace Kawhi :lmao

All that tampering and shit they did and look what it got them :lmao
If, IF he has a serious injury, he'll in all likelyhood opt in as he has a players option. That will just kick the can down the road for a year.

Gibbz
06-16-2021, 03:03 PM
Imagine the Clippers' future prospects if Kawhi happened to opt out. Shit would be more dire than even Houston or Orlando.

daslicer
06-16-2021, 03:07 PM
Imagine the Clippers' future prospects if Kawhi happened to opt out. Shit would be more dire than even Houston or Orlando.

It could be still dire depending on if the injury is an actual ACL tear. Kawhi is going to turn 30 at the end of this month. He's no longer a very young player. The ACL injury is terrible to have once you are 30 and older because the recovery is much harder vs a young 20 year old.

gospursgojas
06-16-2021, 03:34 PM
It could be still dire depending on if the injury is an actual ACL tear. Kawhi is going to turn 30 at the end of this month. He's no longer a very young player. The ACL injury is terrible to have once you are 30 and older because the recovery is much harder vs a young 20 year old.

Not to mention his quad is degenerative. Leg gonna fall off

TD 21
06-16-2021, 04:16 PM
Nah still doubting it. He will be back to play just in time for the WCF.

either that or Paul George will lead the team to a ring and Kawhi will share the glory

I get the same sense. Without Conley and with Mitchell less than 100% and due for regression to the mean, I still think the Clippers have a better team and win this series.

It didn't seem like it, but hopefully he tore his ACL. Not only because he deserves it, but because this would truly be the most open playoffs in at least modern history.

BacktoBasics
06-16-2021, 04:22 PM
I’m rooting for amputation.

daslicer
06-16-2021, 04:24 PM
I get the same sense. Without Conley and with Mitchell less than 100% and due for regression to the mean, I still think the Clippers have a better team and win this series.

It didn't seem like it, but hopefully he tore his ACL. Not only because he deserves it, but because this would truly be the most open playoffs in at least modern history.

They said originally that it was an ACL sprain. Even the least serious ACL sprains take 2-4 weeks to heal. Knowing how slow of healer Kawhi is I would put it at 4 weeks. That would make him out for the WCF if the Clippers are somehow won against the Jazz.

TD 21
06-16-2021, 04:34 PM
They said originally that it was an ACL sprain. Even the least serious ACL sprains take 2-4 weeks to heal. Knowing how slow of healer Kawhi is I would put it at 4 weeks. That would make him out for the WCF if the Clippers are somehow won against the Jazz.

Fair enough. Let's say you're right about the timeline: I still think they can win the West, pending Paul's prognosis. If he's good to go for game 1, hard to see him letting a golden opportunity like this slip through his fingers.

widowmaker
06-16-2021, 04:39 PM
What dark magic do you possess good sir?!

I just play my cards right buddy. Fuck nephew.

rjv
06-16-2021, 05:02 PM
the kawhi quad strikes again!

emanueldavidginobili
06-16-2021, 05:06 PM
The Karma wheel turns slowly sometimes, but it always turns.

I’m wondering if he now wishes he had played that season in SA. He’s sitting on about 11 thousand points, and if it’s an ACL, he’ll miss most, or all of next season, and have a compromised recovery season after that. He’ll be 31 after the recovery season. I’d say his HOF case is in doubt.

You can’t be serious lmao. He could retire today and get in. Ben Wallace is getting inducted ffs.

daslicer
06-16-2021, 05:14 PM
Fair enough. Let's say you're right about the timeline: I still think they can win the West, pending Paul's prognosis. If he's good to go for game 1, hard to see him letting a golden opportunity like this slip through his fingers.

If it’s 4 weeks then there is no chance he will be back for the WCF.

widowmaker
06-16-2021, 05:16 PM
Pandemic P din do nuffin

exstatic
06-16-2021, 05:21 PM
You can’t be serious lmao. He could retire today and get in. Ben Wallace is getting inducted ffs.

Ben Wallace was a travesty. Kawhi also doesn’t have the defensive chops that Wallace had. K had maybe 3 dominant years. Ben terrorized the paint for a decade.

Other than the horrible induction of Wallace, I think every other US NBA player to be inducted in the last 40 years has bumped up against or exceeded 20 K points. Kawhi has 11K, a damaged quad, and a blown knee, and will turn 30 in a few weeks.

TD 21
06-16-2021, 05:27 PM
If it’s 4 weeks then there is no chance he will be back for the WCF.

No, I mean the Clippers can finish off the Jazz (in their current state) and the Suns (if Paul has to miss time) without him.

exstatic
06-16-2021, 05:32 PM
No, I mean the Clippers can finish off the Jazz (in their current state) and the Suns (if Paul has to miss time) without him.

They’re not very good without Kawhi. They can win games, but not series. For fucks sake, their best player right now is Playoff Pee.

emanueldavidginobili
06-16-2021, 05:46 PM
Ben Wallace was a travesty. Kawhi also doesn’t have the defensive chops that Wallace had. K had maybe 3 dominant years. Ben terrorized the paint for a decade.

Other than the horrible induction of Wallace, I think every other US NBA player to be inducted in the last 40 years has bumped up against or exceeded 20 K points. Kawhi has 11K, a damaged quad, and a blown knee, and will turn 30 in a few weeks.

He’s one of three players to win finals MVP on two different teams and one of 10 players to win DPOTY multiple times. KL is a lock right now IMO.

exstatic
06-16-2021, 06:01 PM
He’s one of three players to win finals MVP on two different teams and one of 10 players to win DPOTY multiple times. KL is a lock right now IMO.

Cornbread Maxwell won a FMVP for Boston, and has about 600 less points scored, and he’s not in the HOF.

TD 21
06-16-2021, 06:09 PM
They’re not very good without Kawhi. They can win games, but not series. For fucks sake, their best player right now is Playoff Pee.

Don't know if they stay small to start or go big (guessing the former), but either way George, Morris, Batum, Jackson, Beverley, Zubac, Kennard, Mann, with Rondo, Cousins, Patterson as ancillary options, is still a viable rotation, especially given the competition.

Neither the Jazz nor Suns have a superstar either nor are they teeming with creators.

daslicer
06-16-2021, 06:34 PM

If they lose game 5 to the Jazz they will lose the series. If they somehow win the series and play the Suns I have heard Chris Paul could comeback for game 4. All the Suns would have to do is win 1 out of 3 games without Chris. If they are down 2-1 instead of 3-0 then the Suns will win the series with Chris being back.

Twisted_Dawg
06-16-2021, 07:05 PM
....."The Clippers had said on Tuesday that Leonard was fine after not being listed on the injury report ahead of this crucial Game 5. Now, Leonard appears to be out for at least Wednesday and could be in danger of missing the rest of the series. This could mean Leonard went for an MRI or additional testing yesterday that revealed something else, something potentially more serious. That’s the only reason you would think Kawhi would miss such a big game."

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-16-2021, 08:16 PM
fractured the bone he’s been growing in his quad

Calm
06-16-2021, 08:45 PM
you guys are sick in the head and need help

Mr. Body
06-16-2021, 08:59 PM
Have to say, this was a genius level jinx thread.

Spur4ever
06-17-2021, 01:39 AM
I hate the guy just as much as anyone but I would never wish injury or be happy when the injury happens. When he pulled his shit I just wished he wouldn’t ever win anything ever again and hoped he would be a complete failure after the Spurs made him into what he became

John B
06-17-2021, 04:46 AM
And then PG13 delivered a Durantesque 37-16-5 to take the series lead and a chance to finish it at home. I hate it but the ESPN guys love it. So much drama in this years playoff.

DeRozan m8
06-17-2021, 06:36 AM
I hate the guy just as much as anyone but I would never wish injury or be happy when the injury happens. When he pulled his shit I just wished he wouldn’t ever win anything ever again and hoped he would be a complete failure after the Spurs made him into what he became

Well, he got gifted a chip after leaving us and the Warriors were decimated by injuries.

So the basketball gods gotta do their thing....torn acl it is...hopefully

spursreport
06-17-2021, 02:53 PM
This is a brilliant move from Kawhi. If it was an acl tear, they would have confirmed it. He is pushing his teammates to step their games up, and he has successfully done that. This team truly looks out for each other. Kawhi will be back in the WCF as this injury is not truly that bad. Clips are winning it all.

slick'81
06-17-2021, 02:57 PM
Well, he got gifted a chip after leaving us and the Warriors were decimated by injuries.

So the basketball gods gotta do their thing....torn acl it is...hopefully

I hope it isnt. Wishing ill will on the autistic mute will do our spurs no favors

DeRozan m8
06-17-2021, 03:51 PM
I hope it isnt. Wishing ill will on the autistic mute will do our spurs no favors

We ain't getting any favours, regardless.

It's been a train wreck since he abandoned us and its not getting any better soon

look_at_g_shred
06-18-2021, 11:04 AM
So did he tear it? What is taking so long?

daslicer
06-18-2021, 11:17 AM
This is a brilliant move from Kawhi. If it was an acl tear, they would have confirmed it. He is pushing his teammates to step their games up, and he has successfully done that. This team truly looks out for each other. Kawhi will be back in the WCF as this injury is not truly that bad. Clips are winning it all.

Who knows what it is. It could be torn but the Clippers might not want to release that info so they can continue to sell tickets. He could also be in denial of the injury just like he was when the Spurs told him his quad was messed up and he refused to believe them.

John B
06-18-2021, 11:21 AM
So did he tear it? What is taking so long?

Oh that Christmas morning feeling :lol

offset formation
06-20-2021, 08:23 AM
So it's all falling into place as predicted. More games lost by all-stars in the post-season than any other playoffs ever, including neph.

The biggest threat/contender in the East just went down. Harden basically useless after fist 15 seconds of Game 1. And Kyrie done after Game 2.

Even with neph out he'll ring because Phoenix is without CP, and somebody else will undoubtedly go down. That's how fucked up fate is treating spursfandom. He's got the best supporting cast by far.

He's a bitch ass but the dominoes fall for him time and time again.

R. DeMurre
06-20-2021, 09:11 AM
One nice thing about these crazy playoff has been the conspiracy theorists being wrong and, of course, not admitting it. First it was "no way is Adam Silver & the NBA is letting LeBron's Lakers lose in the first round," which was wrong. Then it was "no way Adam Silver & the NBA is letting big market Brooklyn lose to small market Milwaukee." Wrong again.

Dirks_Finale
06-20-2021, 10:22 AM
One nice thing about these crazy playoff has been the conspiracy theorists being wrong and, of course, not admitting it. First it was "no way is Adam Silver & the NBA is letting LeBron's Lakers lose in the first round," which was wrong. Then it was "no way Adam Silver & the NBA is letting big market Brooklyn lose to small market Milwaukee." Wrong again.

Personally, I had that corrupt feeling about the NBA under Stern. I do not feel that way about Silver.

offset formation
07-01-2021, 01:34 AM
There for a minute, I thought they might still pull it off. fuck neph. Youre welcome...jinx MOJO still in effect, mofos.

DMC
07-01-2021, 01:49 PM
Sorry you can't call jinx after the fact.

widowmaker
07-01-2021, 06:21 PM
Im the one that called it the night before that faggit tore his ACL

offset formation
07-01-2021, 08:10 PM
Sorry you can't call jinx after the fact.

if you call it a jinx thread it ceases to be one.

others above caught the purpose of this thread.

jjspur
07-01-2021, 08:20 PM
Clippers gonna win ...... book it ........HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH. Your humor does slay me.
At least Paul George came to play. New found respect for him. I won't call him squishy P any more. As for that gimpy ass teammate of his ... well don't get me started on that subject. Just glad that NBA media darlings Lebron, KD, and Kawitter are not in the finals.

slick'81
07-01-2021, 09:43 PM
I def appreciate op's effort

timtonymanu
07-01-2021, 09:46 PM
Okay but how many of these "Clippers will win" picks were honestly just us fans mentally preparing for the worst outcome over a jinx attempt? Cause that was definitely me lol.

BackHome
07-01-2021, 10:45 PM

To be honest Injuries did in both teams

offset formation
07-02-2021, 02:23 AM
Okay but how many of these "Clippers will win" picks were honestly just us fans mentally preparing for the worst outcome over a jinx attempt? Cause that was definitely me lol.

fear of this led me to do everything in my power to not only jinx nephew but also that traitorous asshat MM. Also kinda hated Paul G and some others on that team for always flexing on ppl after a dunk or something. They're collectively, see pat bev, just a bunch of fucksticks on multiple layers.

was I fearful? you betcha.
was this a jinx thread? you gotdamn right it was.