PDA

View Full Version : Slavery is bad. Change my mind.

RandomGuy
06-16-2021, 07:11 AM
Just curious to see who is for it.

Christians should be fine with it, if they are following their bible.

DarrinS
06-16-2021, 07:19 AM
Candidate for "the filter"

LaSíSí
06-16-2021, 07:21 AM
Candidate for "the filter"

Spurtacular
06-16-2021, 07:23 AM
Were RandomCuck paying attention, he'd know conservatives have been arguing how the (Democrats') system has turned people into slaves already.

:lol Blue anons essentially been arguing that slavery good, tbh.

boutons_deux
06-16-2021, 07:42 AM

After some leaks, emails exposed, black congregations in the Confederate Baptist Convention are considering de-Conventioning.

RandomGuy
06-16-2021, 10:00 AM
Cuck

:lmao

RandomGuy
06-16-2021, 10:01 AM
Were RandomCuck paying attention, he'd know conservatives have been arguing how the (Democrats') system has turned people into slaves already.

:lol Blue anons essentially been arguing that slavery good, tbh.

Let's explore this.

Living wage: Good or bad?

koriwhat
06-16-2021, 01:51 PM

You're a fucking idiot bro but with that said you should direct your statement to Robert Byrd Klansman loving Biden and see what he has to say. Come'On man!

koriwhat
06-16-2021, 01:54 PM
Let's explore this.

What exactly is a living wage? I used to collect rent and some were section 8; I wish I only had to pay $25/mo for rent to live. Can't live great on $7.25, or whatever the min is rn, but you can still live though you might need assistance which is given to most. If you want a "living" wage then adapt and learn new skills that will position you to make what you do into a career sans flipping burgers.

RandomGuy
06-16-2021, 02:00 PM
(hits "view post" out of mild curiosity)

What exactly is a living wage? I used to collect rent and some were section 8; I wish I only had to pay $25/mo for rent to live. Can't live great on $7.25, or whatever the min is rn, but you can still live though you might need assistance which is given to most. If you want a "living" wage then adapt and learn new skills that will position you to make what you do into a career sans flipping burgers.

Seems to me you are fine with slavery. Wages below what is required for subsistence seems to meet the reasonable definition of slavery.

You just want to dance around the terms. If work is worth doing, it is worth paying a human enough to do it.

koriwhat
06-16-2021, 02:06 PM
(hits "view post" out of mild curiosity)

Seems to me you are fine with slavery. Wages below what is required for subsistence seems to meet the reasonable definition of slavery.

You just want to dance around the terms. If work is worth doing, it is worth paying a human enough to do it.

Lol You can play pretend however much you'd like child. I don't eat McDonalds Master.

I'm all for people not being complacent and thinking a kids job is a career while never wanting to better themselves and pull themselves out of the hell they accepted.

Thread
06-16-2021, 04:10 PM
Bend over. I'll change your fuckin' mind.

Spurtacular
06-16-2021, 04:35 PM
:lmao

Spurtacular
06-16-2021, 04:36 PM
Let's explore this.

Let me know when you start supplying a living wage.

spurraider21
06-16-2021, 04:53 PM
i dont care for the "its slavery unless you get a living wage" rhetoric. if you want to argue for a living wage, just do that. no need to make an equivalence to chattel slavery

Spurtacular
06-16-2021, 04:55 PM
i dont care for the "its slavery unless you get a living wage" rhetoric. if you want to argue for a living wage, just do that. no need to make an equivalence to chattel slavery

You don't care for it because you know it's a retarded argument on its face :tu

But there is more valid forms of systematic enslavement that I don't need to get into.

spurraider21
06-16-2021, 04:59 PM
You don't care for it because you know it's a retarded argument on its face :tu

But there is more valid forms of systematic enslavement that I don't need to get into.
when i say "i dont care for" something it means i dislike that thing, not just that im indifferent

RandomGuy
06-17-2021, 08:51 AM

Purely equivalent? I don't think I would go that far, but it certainly seems in principle at least similar.

Both full chattel slaves, and people who work at less than a true living wage are trading labor for enough to live at rates that clearly benefit the owner of the slave or owner of the business at the expense of the worker.

Seems hard to find a defining line between providing a gross insufficient paycheck, and merely trading a minimum amount of food/shelter/clothes.

RandomGuy
06-17-2021, 08:52 AM
Lol You can play pretend however much you'd like child. I don't eat McDonalds Master.

I'm all for people not being complacent and thinking a kids job is a career while never wanting to better themselves and pull themselves out of the hell they accepted.

"a kids job".

What is the average age of the person that works at McDonalds?

RandomGuy
06-17-2021, 08:54 AM
Let me know when you start supplying a living wage.

Already do.

Living wage: good or bad?

spurraider21
06-17-2021, 12:19 PM
Purely equivalent? I don't think I would go that far, but it certainly seems in principle at least similar.

Both full chattel slaves, and people who work at less than a true living wage are trading labor for enough to live at rates that clearly benefit the owner of the slave or owner of the business at the expense of the worker.

Seems hard to find a defining line between providing a gross insufficient paycheck, and merely trading a minimum amount of food/shelter/clothes.
chattel slavery means you are somebody's personal property. it means you have no agency. it means your labor for that particular "employer" is compulsory. that's pretty different from being an employee in today's US. you can make a better case for this in other countries with sweatshops and whatnot

koriwhat
06-17-2021, 06:09 PM
"a kids job".

What's the average "mentality" of those working at McDonalds should be the real question. Not my fault if you're stuck in arrested development and never thought of a future worth a fuck enough to strive for instead of flipping burgers. IDC what these overthehill forever burger flippers ages are; they aren't the demographic McDonald's and the like seek for employment but considering how many no-skill workers there are out there way past their teens in the end starts becoming the demographic after all; especially since teens and now 20-30 year olds don't even want to work and choose to leech our tax dollars away.

DMC
06-17-2021, 07:13 PM
chattel slavery means you are somebody's personal property. it means you have no agency. it means your labor for that particular "employer" is compulsory. that's pretty different from being an employee in today's US. you can make a better case for this in other countries with sweatshops and whatnot

RG's stupid ass getting lectured again. You'd think he'd finally shut his ignorant ass Wild Cobra of the left mouth but nope.

Thread
06-17-2021, 07:20 PM
"a kids job".

I worked there when I was kid. I inadvertently fucked up and put the middle bun of a Big Mac on the bottom and the bottom bun in the middle. I still remember that tray of 24 Big Macs sliding into the garbage. You'd a thought I'd stormed the Capitol. I was thoroughly rousted, called everything but a white teenager, and had my clip-on black bow tie torn from my shirt. And I was forced to Ajax the freezers! The coup de grace? My hours were cut from 20 hours a week to 2.

Ghazi
06-17-2021, 07:40 PM
THREAD my boy

DMC
06-17-2021, 09:05 PM
I worked there when I was kid. I inadvertently fucked up and put the middle bun of a Big Mac on the bottom and the bottom bun in the middle. I still remember that tray of 24 Big Macs sliding into the garbage. You'd a thought I'd stormed the Capitol. I was thoroughly rousted, called everything but a white teenager, and had my clip-on black bow tie torn from my shirt. And I was forced to Ajax the freezers! The coup de grace? My hours were cut from 20 hours a week to 2.

Did they show you which buns to put the meat between and introduce you to the special sauce?

Thread
06-17-2021, 09:24 PM
Did they show you which buns to put the meat between and introduce you to the special sauce?

No. No training whatsoever. Well, I started off badly. The "locker room" was in the basement and I had a dickens of a time getting that gd bow tie on. Finally get up top and back then it was a different management style. "Where the hell you been? It's on crooked. Get over there and dress those burgers."

Fuck up #2...I poured too much mustard in vat. I thought it was low. "GD it, we won't use that much mustard in two days. Get over there and Ajax the freezers."

Mistake #1: "Do I get a free meal?"

He didn't even say anything, D. Just looked at me like I was dirty dirt.

I get home, lower than skunk shit..."What happened, honey?"

"I didn't do to good, Girl, I mean mom. Can you make me a cornbread?"

"Sure, baby."

"Dale, get in here! McDowell is pitching. Is she gonna make us a cornbread?"

tee, hee.

spurraider21
06-17-2021, 09:34 PM
:lmao he didnt get it

Thread
06-17-2021, 09:57 PM
:lmao he didnt get it

I got it, I got it: meat, buns, mud on turtle. Ya happy now, you silly SOB, you?

daboom1
06-17-2021, 11:01 PM
I got it, I got it: meat, buns, mud on turtle. Ya happy now, you silly SOB, you?

21 lives for the cynical gotcha.

It's his religion.

Ef-man
06-17-2021, 11:08 PM
21 lives for the cynical gotcha.

It's his religion.

A regular barrell of monkeys that only a fake christian would quote to feel better for not keeping his word, amirite?

DMC
06-17-2021, 11:25 PM
A regular barrell of monkeys that only a fake christian would quote to feel better for not keeping his word, amirite?

What's worse, a fake Christian or a real one?

Thread
06-17-2021, 11:46 PM

Don't talk thru a 3rd person to me, Ef. You got something on your chest aside from your chin be a man and say it aloud.

- Pappy

Ef-man
06-18-2021, 12:14 AM
Don't talk thru a 3rd person to me, Ef. You got something on your chest aside from your chin be a man and say it aloud.

- Pappy

Is qchrisy your account?

If not, we move on.

Thread
06-18-2021, 01:03 AM
Is qchrisy your account?

If not, we move on.

Apology accepted, Ef.

FrostKing
06-18-2021, 04:08 AM
Where is this phantom slavery?

Most people want to work & enjoy their money not cry over what their long extended relatives experienced

Get over it. People faced worse and more recently. Overcame and are prosperous. You are not a caged animal, stop thinking like one.

FrostKing
06-18-2021, 04:13 AM
Dzien dobry from Łódź by the way. Have not seen or heard Nazis mentioned yet on my trip. Move on. History is in the past, look forward. It is a great one if you make it :0

Winehole23
06-18-2021, 06:23 AM

Dirks_Finale
06-18-2021, 07:36 AM

He is correct in that the hard left does want to focus on negativity and country shaming/indentity politics.

But this day should have been a federal holiday a long time ago, imo.

Winehole23
06-18-2021, 07:38 AM
He is correct in that the hard left does want to focus on negativity and country shaming/indentity politics.

But this day should have been a federal holiday a long time ago, imo.Teaching real US history isn't shaming -- it's knowledge about one's country and prepares young people to live in it. Feeding them fairy tales about the US being faultless and the best ever is the real political indoctrination, tbh.

Winehole23
06-18-2021, 07:43 AM
sorry US history hurts your feelings, snowflake

Dirks_Finale
06-18-2021, 07:45 AM
Teaching real US history isn't shaming -- it's knowledge about one's country and prepares young people to live in it. Feeding them fairy tales about the US being faultless and the best ever is the real political indoctrination, tbh.

We've been teaching real US history in schools for quite sometime now. And we honor Lincoln because of his stand agaisnt slavery, yes?

No problem there, but if the negativity is all you focus on then you are country shaming.

Winehole23
06-18-2021, 08:24 AM
We've been teaching real US history in schools for quite sometime now. And we honor Lincoln because of his stand agaisnt slavery, yes?
lol no

Neo-confederate bullshit is still being taught in public schools in the south.

Ef-man
06-18-2021, 10:49 AM
Apology accepted, Ef.

Insecurity understood, Thread.

Chucho
06-18-2021, 11:00 AM
Americans LOVE to pretend their 1st world privilege is a crime against humanity. They have no grasp on how shitty life is for the vast majority of the planet.

Americans LOVE slavery. The top trendy brands in this country- Nike, Apple, Starbucks (to name just a few) are abhorrent human-rights violators who still market to the disenfranchised Americans in very disproportionate manners and force these slave goods into the hands of the few that don't have dollars. Sorry, not everyone needs or deserves absurd luxuries we devalue everyday we think we, the highest living standard beneficiaries, are really suffering.

Muricans are sad, stupid and in MASSIVE denial. Our buying habits completely contradict the faux moralism of this society.

Chucho
06-18-2021, 11:03 AM
Am I reading those tweets right? They want to change Independence Day to a celebration of the worst times in American history?? This from a society that pretends having memorials of failed Confederate losers is too traumatizing to keep up to remind us of the worst times in American history?

This. Fucking. Country.

spurraider21
06-18-2021, 11:14 AM
Am I reading those tweets right? They want to change Independence Day to a celebration of the worst times in American history?? This from a society that pretends having memorials of failed Confederate losers is too traumatizing to keep up to remind us of the worst times in American history?

This. Fucking. Country.
Not to mention nobody is changing Independence Day. We will still have July 4

just a bunch of snowflakes tbh

spurraider21
06-18-2021, 11:17 AM
Americans LOVE to pretend their 1st world privilege is a crime against humanity. They have no grasp on how shitty life is for the vast majority of the planet.

Americans LOVE slavery. The top trendy brands in this country- Nike, Apple, Starbucks (to name just a few) are abhorrent human-rights violators who still market to the disenfranchised Americans in very disproportionate manners and force these slave goods into the hands of the few that don't have dollars. Sorry, not everyone needs or deserves absurd luxuries we devalue everyday we think we, the highest living standard beneficiaries, are really suffering.

Muricans are sad, stupid and in MASSIVE denial. Our buying habits completely contradict the faux moralism of this society.
Tbh sounds like you agree that our first world privilege is a crime against humanity since it perpetuates those slave like conditions abroad. Unless you think those conditions are fine.

Chucho
06-18-2021, 11:33 AM
Tbh sounds like you agree that our first world privilege is a crime against humanity since it perpetuates those slave like conditions abroad. Unless you think those conditions are fine.

I agree Americans are giant hypocrites and don't act as they speak.

spurraider21
06-18-2021, 11:41 AM
I agree Americans are giant hypocrites and don't act as they speak.
are you included?

RandomGuy
06-21-2021, 09:16 AM

and there is a good defining line.

ChumpDumper
06-21-2021, 12:56 PM

No problem there, but if the negativity is all you focus on then you are country shaming.We shouldn't deify the traitors because of their stand for slavery.

We currently do.

Thread
06-21-2021, 01:05 PM

No problem there, but if the negativity is all you focus on then you are country shaming.

...& you'll end up in the reeducation camps for that.

tee, hee.

Trill Clinton
06-21-2021, 01:42 PM
This is why we need CRT

spurraider21
06-21-2021, 02:26 PM
:lol the idea that 6th grade students walk into a classroom and the teacher says "settle down kids, let's get started on today's lesson in critical race theory"

Thread
06-21-2021, 03:49 PM
:lol the idea that 6th grade students walk into a classroom and the teacher says "settle down kids, let's get started on today's lesson in critical race theory"

...but CNN would insist they eat it up and would even have a teacher on the dais..."Oh, yes, and the parents too, backed us 100% and I'm a conservative!"

"No." Wolf Blitzer

She nods then..."Yes, Wolf, I am, but I'm considering changing parties, but I'm going to wait until we can rid ourselves of...I won't speak his name...tee, hee, (Wolf nods into the camera) but once he's gone and we can get back to ideals of the Republican party and platform I'll be back. Until then I'm going to vote my conscience. Now, where is the buffet, I didn't see it in the green room?"

...they break..."Mesothelihoma, that's-all-we-do, so call and get your check if a loved one died in the last half century, maybe longer!"

Trill Clinton
06-21-2021, 04:00 PM

textbook publishers who are working on a history book for students should definitely take CRT

RandomGuy
06-21-2021, 04:20 PM
This is why we need CRT

Saw a meme that suggested we replace the phrase CRT with "facts" and it all makes so much more sense.

RandomGuy
06-21-2021, 04:22 PM

We like cheap stuff and don't like to see where it is made. There is a lot of shady shit that it seems a lot of us just don't want to acknowledge.

RandomGuy
06-21-2021, 04:24 PM
RG's stupid ass getting lectured again. You'd think he'd finally shut his ignorant ass Wild Cobra of the left mouth but nope.

Translation:

"I don't understand nuanced conversations". :lol

Keep going for the lazy, half-ass understanding. You do you, boo.

RandomGuy
06-21-2021, 04:28 PM

We asked Republicans to explain Critical Race Theory—they couldn’t
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/critical-race-theory-republicans/

Murder, torture, genocide are all things one should be ashamed of. Follow the evidence where it leads. The truth is the truth. Facts are facts.

https://static.politico.com/dims4/default/d64e648/2147483647/resize/1160x/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2F16%2F68%2 Fa7d6f4cf4e2380dd2675fc451aff%2F191117-wounded-knee-gty-773.jpg

DMC
06-21-2021, 10:21 PM
Translation:

"I don't understand nuanced conversations". :lol

Keep going for the lazy, half-ass understanding. You do you, boo.

"Nuanced" :lol

you ignorant motherfucker

daboom1
06-21-2021, 11:33 PM
"boo" :lol

Spurtacular
06-21-2021, 11:38 PM
We asked Republicans to explain Critical Race Theory—they couldn’t

It's the latest reason to defund public schools :tu

daboom1
06-22-2021, 12:49 AM
Can RandomGuy explain CRT?

RandomGuy
06-22-2021, 08:06 AM
"Nuanced" :lol

you ignorant motherfucker

Translation:

"I'm lazy"

RandomGuy
06-22-2021, 08:08 AM
Can RandomGuy explain CRT?

No fucking clue. Racism isn't a touchy topic if you aren't a racist.

Conservatives are the ones passing laws banning whatever it is. Kinda up to you morons to define what you have your panties in a bunch about.

You tell me.

(edit to take an honest stab at it)
As close as I can figure, it basically says "racism exists and is bad".

Thread
06-22-2021, 08:09 AM
No fucking clue. Racism isn't a touchy topic if you aren't a racist.

Conservatives are the ones passing laws banning whatever it is. Kinda up to you morons to define what you have your panties in a bunch about.

You tell me.

Just tell the truth, RG. It's race hustlingPERIOD

RandomGuy
06-22-2021, 08:16 AM
This message is hidden because Thread is on your ignore list.

Sweet sweet bliss.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2021, 08:53 AM
Can RandomGuy explain CRT?Enough to know it's not taught in any K-12 class.

Can you?

You're the one shitting your pants about it, Qhris.

daboom1
06-22-2021, 05:54 PM
Enough to know it's not taught in any K-12 class.

What a fail :lol

daboom1
06-22-2021, 05:55 PM
HDg3Lam-b_o

ChumpDumper
06-22-2021, 06:25 PM
What a fail :lol:lol what part of critical race theory triggers you so badly, Qhris?

It's your issue. Explain yourself.