PDA

View Full Version : Who are you rooting for???

Spurs Biggest Fan
11-17-2005, 01:02 AM
Aside from the Spurs...

Name your top 5 teams you want to see succeed this season (meaning: win their division or make the playoffs, or just to see a particular player have a good season i.e. Devin Brown in Utah)...

As for me well here are mine in no particular order :fro

Philly - cuz I like AI
Utah - for Devin Brown
Phoenix - Nash is my favorite player in the league not in a Spurs uniform :)
Cleveland - Want to see Lebron overtake Kobe as the league's next coming of Jordan
Memphis - I like Pau Gasol too :)

Let's hear yours!

AI-square
11-17-2005, 01:11 AM
Philly - cuz I like AI and Webber and Iguodala and Dalembert and...
Cleveland - It's about time LeBron got to the playoffs
LA Lakers - cuz of McKie
Houston - I like Mutombo, T-Mac and Yao
Phoenix - Nash and Amare

SequSpur
11-17-2005, 01:16 AM
I root for the Spurs and no one else.

mavsfan1000
11-17-2005, 01:20 AM
1. Detroit
2. Sacramento
3. Phoenix
4. Cleveland
5. Washington

1Parker1
11-17-2005, 01:21 AM
Philly--For obvious reasons :)
Detroit--They earned my respect after last season
Lakers--Between Kobe and Shaq, I hate Shaq more. So, it'd be nice to show up Shaq for once
Wizards--I kind of like Arenas

IceColdBrewski
11-17-2005, 01:29 AM
Spurs and Spurs only. No other team matters.

TPMG2007
11-17-2005, 01:30 AM
I think everyone will kill me, but

1. Dallas-Dirk's my second favorite player
2. Houston- I love Yao, I feel he gets little respect and I hope T-Mac can get into the second round.
3. Memphis-I love Pau Gasol and Shane Battier. I've watched Battier since his Duke days.
4. LA Clippers-I hope they make the playoffs. Also hope Lakers miss playoffs. It would be a shock if they could stay in the second seed, but I don't think they will.
5. Phoenix- Because I love Steve Nash.

conqueso
11-17-2005, 01:30 AM
Detroit - because they play the right way
Atlanta - because they've sucked for so long
Golden State - ditto
Dallas - because they're where the Spurs were 10 or 11 years ago and I feel their pain...and because they're a TX team, and because their owner has a lame ass blog that for some reason I'm addicted to
Lakers - because every time the Spurs lose I get pissed and vow that I hate them and will never root for them again and will move to LA and become a Lakers fan

Kori Ellis
11-17-2005, 01:32 AM
Clippers - Because I like Elton Brand.
Bobcats - Because it's fun to see them beat up on teams like Indy tonight when they were supposed to suck so badly.
Hawks - Because their organization sucks and I feel sorry for the players.

I don't think I have two more.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-17-2005, 01:36 AM
Nuggets - of course

Bucks - My fellow countryman Bogut and i like pretty much their whole team (especially Tj Ford, Mo Williams and redd)

Suns - Coz of James Jones

Pistons - I like Billups and i like them shutting up all the critics

Hawks - Same as Kori, i feel sorry for them and think they have a great future

ChumpDumper
11-17-2005, 01:40 AM
Clips - They got really serious all the sudden, didn't they?
Bobcats - A living clinic on how to start a pro franchise
Detroit - Spur-like
Cleveland - see above
Washington and Chicago tie for 5th - young and buying the coach's vision

Pistons < Spurs
11-17-2005, 02:00 AM
Clippers: Brand is the man. He gets forgotten playing for the Clips'
Orlando: I love Grant and Howard
Washington: They're fun to watch. Jamison is awesome. And Arenas is the shit.
Cleveland: LBJ
Utah: Mehmet Okur!!! He will be a top 10 player within 2 years.

zwbgr
11-17-2005, 02:04 AM
Bobcats - because of Brezec and they're loosers
Hornets - they're loosers too
Atlanta - same here
Indiana - i like Artest and Jasikevicius
Warriors - just because

conqueso
11-17-2005, 02:09 AM
Bobcats - because of Brezec and they're loosers
Hornets - they're loosers too
Atlanta - same here
Indiana - i like Artest and Jasikevicius
Warriors - just because

Wait a minute...you like Artest?

Why?

Vashner
11-17-2005, 02:18 AM
Knicks only.. screw everyone else...

zwbgr
11-17-2005, 02:18 AM
I don't know exactly why. I like his name :D. No, no, he's a good player. I know he's figter, but that doesn't matter :D

Horry For 3!
11-17-2005, 02:33 AM
I don't really like any other teams other than the Spurs.

TDMVPDPOY
11-17-2005, 02:39 AM
everyother team in the pacific division not name la lakers :D:D > fakers

zwbgr
11-17-2005, 02:45 AM
lakers - suckers

NZHayden
11-17-2005, 04:41 AM
no/okc hornets - cause of katrina
bucks - bogut
cavs - lebron and wilks
celtics - tony allen and i like the colour green
warriors - baron davis

dnlasers
11-17-2005, 05:03 AM
Spurs and nobody else

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
11-17-2005, 05:19 AM
I don't root for, but I like seeing them do well:

Bulls
Pistons

10-tka
11-17-2005, 05:33 AM
For all the teams with Slovenians in their roster (Hornets, Lakers, Bobcats) and Orlando - Steve Francis is my favorite b-ball player.

SpursIndonesia
11-17-2005, 05:51 AM
Well, if for some bizarro reason the Spurs can't make it to the final, these are the teams that i wouldn't have to be in pain watching them carrying LOB Trophy

1. Rockets, i'm a big fan of Yao, and seeing him taking his team all the way would shut all the naysayers around

2. Pistons, i've become a secret admirer of this team, great built team for my taste

3. Clippers, LA's having a champ other than Lakers ? That would be sweet and a chance for mug rubbing throughout a yr on Fakers fans :D

xcoriate
11-17-2005, 06:41 AM
Bucks - Bogut, ooh yeah.
Sixers - I used too hate AI, now I respect his heart.
Toronto - I feel sorry for them
Hornets - When I was little kid (like 8yo or so) I had a thing for em, early 90s with Larry Johnson, Zo and Mugsy, nice.......

ZStomp
11-17-2005, 06:46 AM
I root for the Spurs and no one else.

Ditto.

FreshPrince22
11-17-2005, 07:26 AM
Aside from the Pistons I root for:

- Clippers (I live in LA now, and I sure as hell won't root for the Lakers. EB Rocks)
- Spurs (bittersweet, because I respect/like the team, but I want homecourt when we meet again in the Finals so I go back and forth :fro )
- Whoever's playing the Pacers
________
KYARALOVE (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/kyaralove)

gospursgojas
11-17-2005, 09:02 AM
The Warriors b/c Ive been telling everyone that they will be the surprise team in this years playoffs

sandman
11-17-2005, 09:12 AM
I respect some other teams like Detroit and Indiana because they play the game a lot like the Spurs. I respect Jerry Sloan. But, I root for no other team than the Spurs.

JUUOT
11-17-2005, 09:13 AM
1) SPURS will always be at the top of the list
2) boris diaw in phoenix. reasons is i think he is as talented as tony they are competing for the top 3 best french basketball player of all time. it is great to see Boris suddenly bursting with the SUNS. i have been hoping for this all summer
3) Warriors. i was on this summer bandwagon anoouncing them as the surprise team. but then they signed dunleavy to long term...if they fail it would mean pietrus could be available for SPURS... team to watch
4) Being a canadian by adoption i started looking this team. and you know what! they convinced me they had HEART. bosh and villanueva are very promising and james + calderon is a good duo. like Kori for atlanta they are my pity team

pache100
11-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Besides the Spurs:

1) Utah (because of Devin Brown)
2) Cleveland (because I think Lebron deserves a good year...and I'm a big Danny Ferry and Mike Brown fan)
3) Detroit (because I like Big Ben, Tayshaun, and Rip)
4) New Orleans (same reason I'm rooting for the Saints - I'd like to see them overcome their situation)
5) New York (I'd like to see Larry Brown succeed one more time...and I still love Malik)

sanman53
11-17-2005, 09:33 AM
Knicks: Id like to see LB do something good with that group.
Cavs: LeBrons good!
Detroit: Great fans!
Memphis: Gasol and Battier
Sadly, Lakers (dont hate me): I wanted to see them succeed without the big aristotle (lol). Cant stand the guy!

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Utah-For Devin of course, but I dig Ivan Drago-lite, and Jerry Sloan may be one of the top five coaches of all time in professional sports.

Detroit-I liked them more last year because they played a lot like the Spurs, but now I'm rooting for them as a big F-U to Larry Brown.

Bobcats-Okafor is a class act and it's fun to root for an underdog.

sa_butta
11-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Spurs are the only team that matters to me.

Spurminator
11-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Pistons, Bobcats, Mavericks, Jazz, Bucks

MiNuS
11-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Any team that doesn't have Kobe,Phil Jackson,Larry Brown,Shaq,AI,Artest.
For some reason I don't like the Pistons but I don't hate them,I just don't particularly root for them.

I root for the Rockets. I believe TMac is the closest to MJ the NBA has had so far.

shelshor
11-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Celtics
Bobcats
Clippers
Bucks
Warriors

Mainly because they've been bad for so long

conqueso
11-17-2005, 12:21 PM
I root for the Rockets. I believe TMac is the closest to MJ the NBA has had so far.

You must mean in overall impact, because TMac can't (or doesn't) play any defense whatsoever.

Jordan was NBA All-Defensive First Team NINE times (that's two fewer TD and D-Rob combined). McGrady won't make the team, first or second, ever in his career.

But in offensive ability, I hear your point; McGrady can put the ball in the bucket like Jordan did early in his career. The big difference I see between them is that McGrady is a little bitch dedicated solely to scoring a ton of points, whereas Jordan was arguably the best perimeter defender ever along with being the most potent offensive threat of his era.

McGrady's only halfway there, but a coach like VanGundy might be enough to inspire a change of heart.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-17-2005, 12:27 PM
You must mean in overall impact, because TMac can't (or doesn't) play any defense whatsoever.

Jordan was NBA All-Defensive First Team NINE times (that's two fewer TD and D-Rob combined). McGrady won't make the team, first or second, ever in his career.

But in offensive ability, I hear your point; McGrady can put the ball in the bucket like Jordan did early in his career. The big difference I see between them is that McGrady is a little bitch dedicated solely to scoring a ton of points, whereas Jordan was arguably the best perimeter defender ever along with being the most potent offensive threat of his era.

McGrady's only halfway there, but a coach like VanGundy might be enough to inspire a change of heart.

Believe it or not T-Mac's D is pretty good when he wants to play it, which isn't as often as he should. I don't question his D as much as I would his heart or his ability to get his teammates involved.

SWC Bonfire
11-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Bucks
Bobcats
Warriors
Clippers

conqueso
11-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Believe it or not T-Mac's D is pretty good when he wants to play it, which isn't as often as he should. I don't question his D as much as I would his heart or his ability to get his teammates involved.

Yeah, that's probably a better appraisal...based on his length, quickness, and overall athletic ability, he doesn't really have any excuse to slack on defense like he does.

But it raises an interesting question, probably more appropriate for another thread: Which NBA player has come the closest to matching Jordan, in both individual accomplishment and overall skill?

My vote is for Kobe, even though it pains me to the very core of my being to admit that.

tsb2000
11-17-2005, 02:15 PM
For me, there's the Spurs, and a bunch of other teams that just suck. That's the way it is, and will always be for me. I don't root for players on other teams. If Tim Duncan were traded tomorrow- from that moment on, he is the enemy. I didn't root for the Bulls way back when Gervin was traded to them. I feel that way now about Devin as well as Malik. I'm sure they're nice guys, but we're talking hoops- they are now the enemy.

It's Spurs till I die! :)

bdubya
11-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Spurs - they obviously earned my respect last June, and they did it with class. (Plus I want a rematch this June - if by some fluke the Spurs don't make the Finals, and Detroit beats some other team, it just wouldn't be quite as sweet).

Philly - Although I don't like Webber, I gotta love AIx2.

Chicago - it's where I live, and they're scrappy as heck.

That's about it. (I liked Houston when they had three ex-Piston guards, but trading Mike James was just a stupid thing to do. )

woodseed
11-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Detroit (highly respect this team)
Houston (I like McGrady and Yao)
Philly (Iverson)
Indiana (my childhood)
Washington (where I live now)