PDA

View Full Version : interesting fact

NZHayden
11-17-2005, 05:43 AM
hey guys i was randomly reading the newspaper and they had a little colum on the side with music news and it mentioned this country singer by the name of keith urban, he had just won some kind of award. now i've heard of him before, he's always been identified as an australian country singer though. the thing is when i kept reading the article in the paper it said he was born in Whangarei. yes whangarei! my home town! that is crazy, i just thought i would share that with you guys.
i also googled for a profile of him and it had him down as being born in whangarei here's the link (http://www.who2.com/keithurban.html).

NZHayden
11-17-2005, 05:45 AM
ohh on a basketball note, nz tall black captain pero cameron is also from whangarei

ObiwanGinobili
11-17-2005, 07:34 AM
"Pero"..... neat name.

xcoriate
11-17-2005, 07:59 AM
his an Australian just like Crowe was, but you can have him back now :p

Extra Stout
11-17-2005, 10:13 AM
A Kiwi country singer is by definition a poser.

Extra Stout
11-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Same with an Aussie.

Sorry to have to break that to y'all.

Extra Stout
11-17-2005, 10:15 AM
And if any Aussies try to become Tejano stars, they will be posers as well.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Any chance we can talk you guys into taking him back. If I hear one more of his shitty love songs that sound like they were written by a fourteen year old girl he's going to get hurt.

SWC Bonfire
11-17-2005, 10:18 AM
"Pero"..... neat name.

For a "but"-head :lol

Extra Stout
11-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Any chance we can talk you guys into taking him back. If I hear one more of his shitty love songs that sound like they were written by a fourteen year old girl he's going to get hurt.

While we're at it, can they take Kenny Chesney too?

SWC Bonfire
11-17-2005, 10:21 AM

:lol Go ahead and take pretty much all of them on national radio, then.

pache100
11-17-2005, 10:27 AM
hey guys i was randomly reading the newspaper and they had a little colum on the side with music news and it mentioned this country singer by the name of keith urban, he had just won some kind of award. link (http://www.who2.com/keithurban.html).

He won two prestigious awards on Tuesday night at the CMA (Country Music Association) awards show in New York, beating out some outstanding American artists for both. He won "Best Male Vocalist" and "Entertainer of the Year". I don't think the CMAs carry as much weight for one's career as the ACM (Academy of Country Music), but it's nothing to sneeze at. We'll see if Keith does as well with the ACM.

Congratulations on your "degree of separation" fame (being from the same home town)!

While we're at it, can they take Kenny Chesney too?

You are not allowed to take Kenny Chesney anywhere. I forbid it.

There's a really good way to cure that...it's called CHANGE THE STATION. Or, simply TURN YOUR RADIO OFF.

KEDA
11-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Keith is a damn good guitar player, and I for one like his music.

SWC Bonfire
11-17-2005, 10:32 AM
There's a really good way to cure that...it's called CHANGE THE STATION. Or, simply TURN YOUR RADIO OFF.

Which I do on a regular basis. 680 AM is pretty damn good after hearing this kind of smaltzy crap.

batman2883
11-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Interesting fact.....country music sucks balls, as does anyone who sings country music or attempts to dance country music...that is all

Summers
11-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Keith is a damn good guitar player, and I for one like his music.

Yep. That's what I was going to say. He can pick an amazing riff. Even if he is an Aussie... or a Kiwi... whatever. :lol

Oh, God, I can't stop myself.... Plus, he's hot!! :)

Extra Stout
11-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Yep. That's what I was going to say. He can pick an amazing riff. Even if he is an Aussie... or a Kiwi... whatever. :lol

Oh, God, I can't stop myself.... Plus, he's hot!! :)
No female Keith Urban fan is ever allowed to complain about a girl who sells a lot of albums solely based upon her breast size or lack of clothing in public.

Carie
11-17-2005, 01:40 PM
I love Keith Urban, but in no way find him attractive. Am I allowed to complain about those naked girls? :)

Extra Stout
11-17-2005, 01:44 PM
I love Keith Urban, but in no way find him attractive. Am I allowed to complain about those naked girls? :)
No, because if you like Keith Urban for his msuic you obviously have no taste and those girls could be Norah Jones, Aretha Franklin, and Bette Midler combined for all you know.

Carie
11-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Or it could be that my taste just differs from yours.

And if any of those 'naked' girls had half the talent of any of these women, I for one wouldn't be making a statement that their bodies are the only thing selling their records. For example, I think Christina has an amazing voice, but she's not exactly a modest dresser. I've never made a crack about her music selling only because of her looks.

Extra Stout
11-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Or it could be that my taste just differs from yours.
No, there are things are a matter of taste and then there are things that are just bad, like velvet paintings of dogs playing poker, fuchsia, British food, East German architecture, rhinestone-encrusted stirrup pants, and Keith Urban music.

ObiwanGinobili
11-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Interesting fact.....country music sucks balls, as does anyone who sings country music or attempts to dance country music...that is all

whatever!

interesting fact:

country music is the best "i'm so drunk i pissed myself" music!! :drunk :hat

SpursWoman
11-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Yeah, Christina has an awesome voice...whereas Britney is terrible.

Who the hell is Keith Urban? :lol

SWC Bonfire
11-17-2005, 01:58 PM
No, there are things are a matter of taste and then there are things that are just bad, like velvet paintings of dogs playing poker, fuchsia, British food, East German architecture, rhinestone-encrusted stirrup pants, and Keith Urban music.

You don't like dishes made of organ meats and legumes and near-monolithic unfinished concrete structures?

And when you have a Shiner Brewery-endorsed velvet painting of dogs playing poker hanging over the 6'X12' Shiner Bocktoberfest Parking highway sign, now that's fine art, buddy. :tu

Extra Stout
11-17-2005, 02:01 PM
You don't like dishes made of organ meats and legumes and near-monolithic unfinished concrete structures?
Sorry. I know that's getting kind of personal for Aggies (West Campus).

SWC Bonfire
11-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Sorry. I know that's getting kind of personal for Aggies (West Campus).

Not to me...never had a single class on West Campus... unless you count handball at the Rec Center.

Guru of Nothing
11-17-2005, 02:17 PM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drh000/h019/h01961vhg2o.jpg

NZHayden
11-17-2005, 07:01 PM
?

Guru of Nothing
11-17-2005, 09:17 PM
?

It was just a random interjection of the latest CD cover for a cool band from New Zealand called The Bats. I caught them on an NPR segment a few months ago and they have been on my to-do list ever since.