PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Clippers Suns

MultiTroll
06-22-2021, 11:16 AM
Kawhi Leonard out with injury / load management
Clitter Paul out with Trump-Chyna virus protocol.

Game 2 tonight.

MultiTroll
06-22-2021, 11:21 AM
How many more Steve Balmer spaz outs will we be treated to?

Can Booker keep up the pace or is his brain bound to turn to marshmallow with the Kardashian curse?

Clitter Paul will be back by Game 3 book it. Is Kwa Leonard done for the series?

Kwa Haters: If Clippers go down 0-2 and then Klaw comes back and wins the series you will be sick.

Rummpd
06-22-2021, 11:26 AM
I think Klaw back by game 4 and Clippers squeak by but not upset if the Suns get to finals

GAustex
06-22-2021, 11:55 AM
More interested in the fan fights

lefty
06-22-2021, 04:28 PM
https://twitter.com/blazersbysagar/status/1407418421281648640

MultiTroll
06-23-2021, 11:27 AM
I think Klaw back by game 4 and Clippers squeak by but not upset if the Suns get to finals
Clitter Paul still unknown for Game 3. I would leave the cancer out, but of course Phx will play him if he is cleared.

Kwa Leonard also unknown but i predict out for 3.

MultiTroll
06-23-2021, 11:32 AM
Lot of talk about the Ayton dunk and how about that inbounds pass by Crowder?

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-23-2021, 11:39 AM

Kawhi's probably out for 6 to 8 months. That injury looked severe.

Rummpd
06-23-2021, 02:39 PM
Clippers have the Suns just where they want them based on first two series so nothing to see here.

MultiTroll
06-23-2021, 04:37 PM
Clippers have the Suns just where they want them based on first two series so nothing to see here.
Regardless of what this years reg season and more to the point playoff stats say, I would not start CP0 until the Suns lost.
Other then the 2018 CP0 Rockets up 3-2 and 2 games being totally robbed / choking vs the ABC Disney Warriors, he has been a self centered cancer imo his entire career.

Suns ball movement and open flow seems way better without him. I don't care what the CPO assist stats say. Other players are afraid to cut loose with control freak in the game.

GAustex
06-23-2021, 07:41 PM
No fan fights?

baseline bum
06-23-2021, 10:16 PM
Chris Paul probable for Game 3. Kawhi load managing another game to motivate his team.

Neo.
06-23-2021, 10:19 PM
Chris Paul probable for Game 3. Kawhi load managing another game to motivate his team.

only the greatest of great leaders would think to sit out games to motivate his supporting cast

what a true warrior :cry

MultiTroll
06-23-2021, 10:44 PM
^ Keyboard thumb and still making alts and typing.

Warrior.

Thread
06-23-2021, 10:47 PM

I pray with all me might you're right here, Rummy.

A second alarm has gone off because should the Suns ring here they're fit and proper for a repeat and beyond. There ain't a rotten apple in the whole gd organization. Nary a crumb bum. Not one. All fine chappies.
This organization/players have a pristine appearance about it. A Midas touch has taken place all along the assembly line. Somehow, I have no idea how in this day & age of NBA players.

Never have I thought the past 35 years this would ever take place. I got here at Xmas in '86 and recall sitting in a Hinky Dinky parking lot listening to a Suns/Lakers game on the car radio. Fuckin' Al McCoy with that anti-Lakers grip they all have here in Arizona raised the hackles and I was hit with a hatred so keen for this organization and Media that it's never left me. And I passed it down to the children...

Watching a Suns game on the tv way back there...

-"Goddamn I hate these son-of-a-bitches!"

- "Dale!"///the wife from the kitchen.

- "I hate 'em too, dad." My eldest son in a whisper.

- A couple minutes later..."Dad, why do we hate 'em?"

My day of reckoning is at hand.

Grim business.

illmatic
06-24-2021, 03:05 AM

A second alarm has gone off because should the Suns ring here they're fit and proper for a repeat and beyond. There ain't a rotten apple in the whole gd organization. Nary a crumb bum. Not one. All fine chappies.
This organization/players have a pristine appearance about it. A Midas touch has taken place all along the assembly line. Somehow, I have no idea how in this day & age of NBA players.

Never have I thought the past 35 years this would ever take place. I got here at Xmas in '86 and recall sitting in a Hinky Dinky parking lot listening to a Suns/Lakers game on the car radio. Fuckin' Al McCoy with that anti-Lakers grip they all have here in Arizona raised the hackles and I was hit with a hatred so keen for this organization and Media that it's never left me. And I passed it down to the children...

Grim business.

And I'm happier than a pig in shit. By God it looks like our time has come and the curse is broken.

Thread
06-24-2021, 08:07 AM
And I'm happier than a pig in shit. By God it looks like our time has come and the curse is broken.

50+ year curse. Looks like I've run out of time, ill. How are the fellows over at .net taking it? Is it still up over there, ill?

da_suns_fan
06-24-2021, 10:30 AM

Grim business.

SHAZAMM!

HEARTBREAK HOTEL!

WHAMMO!!!!

baseline bum
06-24-2021, 10:38 AM
SHAZAMM!

HEARTBREAK HOTEL!

WHAMMO!!!!

Your Suns nailing that little boy to the tree of woe tonight?

Thread
06-24-2021, 11:10 AM
SHAZAMM!

HEARTBREAK HOTEL!

WHAMMO!!!!

Hey, da!!! Livin' the high life, eh? As much as I hate to see O & __ go down for the final count, after-the-fact (should it take place) I'll be truly happy for you fellows. No "1 & 52." I'll quit the O & __. You're a damn fine bunch of conversationalists, always have been. You're #1. Spurs Fans #2.

Seems like only yesterday we were at O & 31. I went downtown to scout out the bar we/some of the Suns fans were going to meet at and I graffiti-ed the men's room with a red Magic Marker "O & 31!!!"

I never did go to the meet. Girl forbade it: "You're not going, Dale, they'll beat you up. No! Go watch TV. I'll make you a cornbread."

06-24-2021, 11:45 AM
No "1 & 52." I'll quit the O & __.

Damn. End of an era. Hopefully it doesn't materialize though

da_suns_fan
06-24-2021, 12:35 PM
Hey, da!!! Livin' the high life, eh? As much as I hate to see O & __ go down for the final count, after-the-fact (should it take place) I'll be truly happy for you fellows. No "1 & 52." I'll quit the O & __. You're a damn fine bunch of conversationalists, always have been. You're #1. Spurs Fans #2.

Seems like only yesterday we were at O & 31. I went downtown to scout out the bar we/some of the Suns fans were going to meet at and I graffiti-ed the men's room with a red Magic Marker "O & 31!!!"

I never did go to the meet. Girl forbade it: "You're not going, Dale, they'll beat you up. No! Go watch TV. I'll make you a cornbread."

I will not be attending a finals game.

Twenty years ago, you told me if the Suns were on the verge of winning a championship, you would be there with a trench coat, a strap of dynamite and an evil smile on your face.

da_suns_fan
06-24-2021, 12:41 PM
Never forget that when Cubby had the opportunity to tell Jerry Colangelo, to his face, how he felt about the Suns, Dale instead had a polite conversation in which he expressed his view that Penny Hardaway was the key to the Suns' title hopes.

"I agree" - Jerry

He even remembered your name when saying goodbye.

There are certain people skills that cant be taught. Jerry's wife tells a story about their first date. She says they went to a party and as soon as they entered the room, everyone swarmed over to talk to Jerry (it would be a preview of her life).

That charm totally worked on Dale. Suns fan for life.

Thread
06-24-2021, 04:57 PM
I will not be attending a finals game.

Twenty years ago, you told me if the Suns were on the verge of winning a championship, you would be there with a trench coat, a strap of dynamite and an evil smile on your face.

Now, I have a mohair sweater, a truss, and a limp dick.

Thread
06-24-2021, 05:04 PM
Never forget that when Cubby had the opportunity to tell Jerry Colangelo, to his face, how he felt about the Suns, Dale instead had a polite conversation in which he expressed his view that Penny Hardaway was the key to the Suns' title hopes.

"I agree" - Jerry

He even remembered your name when saying goodbye.

There are certain people skills that cant be taught. Jerry's wife tells a story about their first date. She says they went to a party and as soon as they entered the room, everyone swarmed over to talk to Jerry (it would be a preview of her life).

That charm totally worked on Dale. Suns fan for life.

Yep, at the Arby's there at Town & Country shopping center. I'd just finished my cherry turnover and was reading that month's issue of Penthouse letter's section when I heard that voice behind me talking business. I couldn't go up to him and start in with O & whatever it was then. So, I engaged him on the humdrum. He signed my Arby's receipt, the wife put it away somewhere with all the other shit we've acquired in a half century together. If I asked her where it was now: "I'll get it, I know precisely where it's at. What do you want it for?"

Just like he was on the tv. Dark circles around his eyes, impeccably dressed. Said he loved the taste of Arby's from time-to-time. Shook hands and I left after getting a Jamocha shake to go.

MultiTroll
06-24-2021, 10:28 PM
Silly decision to start and play CP0 big minutes.
Putting him on the low corner block in a zone D. :rollin
Was wondering how Monty Williams playoff chops were. He's another sheep.

Combined with ClipperRef and this one was over.
2-1.

davethedope
06-24-2021, 10:36 PM

2-1.

Well the league had to get it right this time, not to mention Suns just weren't making shots.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-25-2021, 02:02 PM
Ty Lue is a better coach than Doc, tbh.

da_suns_fan
06-25-2021, 03:06 PM
Yep, at the Arby's there at Town & Country shopping center. I'd just finished my cherry turnover and was reading that month's issue of Penthouse letter's section when I heard that voice behind me talking business. I couldn't go up to him and start in with O & whatever it was then. So, I engaged him on the humdrum. He signed my Arby's receipt, the wife put it away somewhere with all the other shit we've acquired in a half century together. If I asked her where it was now: "I'll get it, I know precisely where it's at. What do you want it for?"

Just like he was on the tv. Dark circles around his eyes, impeccably dressed. Said he loved the taste of Arby's from time-to-time. Shook hands and I left after getting a Jamocha shake to go.

HHAHAHAHA.

You have the receipt still? Would love to see it.

da_suns_fan
06-25-2021, 03:07 PM

2-1.

Was it me, or did it seem like they didnt even TRY all that hard. Did everyone get Covid? Did they forget it was the playoffs?

MultiTroll
06-25-2021, 03:26 PM
Well the league had to get it right this time, not to mention Suns just weren't making shots.
Foul #3, and even moreso #4 on Booker seemed a real rigger. We'll have to keep an eye on this.
Cameron Payne out in Game 3 hurt. Even if he does not rack up a lot of cumulative stats, he makes a lot of momentum swing plays and baskets. If he is out in Game 4 that is another problem for Phoenix.

Agree Clipps were shooting well.

Ty Lue is a better coach than Doc, tbh.
100%

MultiTroll
06-25-2021, 03:29 PM
Was it me, or did it seem like they didnt even TRY all that hard. Did everyone get Covid? Did they forget it was the playoffs?
Big time.

Did you notice on D CP0 was planted between the low block and the side arc in some kind of funky Zone D?
I also noticed as shots went up he just stood there as if resting. No attempt to O rebound or move to some transition outlet spot.
Weird.
I've long been a conspiracy theorist on NBA and while i did not see for a fact collusion on last nights game (Other then ClipperRef ringing up Booker) ya it was like both teams were in on it. I mean can you imagine the MAJOR bank that could be and is made off thrown games. Again last nights may not be the perfect example but yes i noticed a lot of standing around and zero urgency on a lot of plays.

Mitch
06-25-2021, 04:42 PM

A true missed opportunity, cub. You prepared your life for that moment tbh

davethedope
06-25-2021, 08:03 PM
Foul #3, and even moreso #4 on Booker seemed a real rigger. We'll have to keep an eye on this.

I liked how Monty called it out too because he put Booker right back in and to me that was like "fine foul him out then or fuck off."

Jeremy
06-26-2021, 12:12 AM

To use Monty's phrase, it did seem like they got happy on the farm a little bit.

Thread
06-26-2021, 03:08 PM
To use Monty's phrase, it did seem like they got happy on the farm a little bit.

Pucker time tonight, Jeremy. Booty holes about to get tight. Are you gonna hang with 'em, or, are you going to let them push around, take your cookie, and then cast you down with the sodomites, where incidentally you'll think you've been fucked by a train? I hope they fuck you like a locomotive, like the 20th Century Limited.

Perhaps a Dutch uncle from Rondo this evening..."I rang across that hall way less than a year ago. Eleven years ago I lost across that hall way. Two years before that I rang 3 thousand miles to the East, to them than traveled those 3 thousand miles there from across that hallway. That fuckin' hall way."

Remember?... -Rudy- & "Devine" gathering 'em close..."No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house and pushes us around.."

Remember? Adelman out of the last timeout imploring Webber thus..."Don't leave him, Chris, not for a second."
The sound of that horn as Horry's shot comes in I shall take to the grave.

You've done the easy part, J, you've made the playoffs.

Now? All you have to do is win the last game you play.

That's it & that's all.

ducks
06-26-2021, 10:04 PM
The Clippers are only down three points despite shooting 37% from the field, and 20% from three. They have one quarter to hope the law of averages kicks in. They need a fourth quarter explosion from Paul George and the team

davethedope
06-26-2021, 10:15 PM
The Clippers are only down three points despite shooting 37% from the field, and 20% from three. They have one quarter to hope the law of averages kicks in. They need a fourth quarter explosion from Paul George and the team

It's actually becoming more and more incredible that one of these four remaining teams is going to be NBA Champion 2021, they all look horrible pretty much...

illmatic
06-26-2021, 11:24 PM
50+ year curse. Looks like I've run out of time, ill. How are the fellows over at .net taking it? Is it still up over there, ill?
.net is still up and kicking. Everyone has grown up. Swingman passed away, Mori has two kids now, and it looks like we're 1 game from the finals since I was a kid. Everyone's in high spirits.

illmatic
06-26-2021, 11:26 PM
Pucker time tonight, Jeremy. Booty holes about to get tight. Are you gonna hang with 'em, or, are you going to let them push around, take your cookie, and then cast you down with the sodomites, where incidentally you'll think you've been fucked by a train? I hope they fuck you like a locomotive, like the 20th Century Limited.

Perhaps a Dutch uncle from Rondo this evening..."I rang across that hall way less than a year ago. Eleven years ago I lost across that hall way. Two years before that I rang 3 thousand miles to the East, to them than traveled those 3 thousand miles there from across that hallway. That fuckin' hall way."

Remember?... -Rudy- & "Devine" gathering 'em close..."No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house and pushes us around.."

Remember? Adelman out of the last timeout imploring Webber thus..."Don't leave him, Chris, not for a second."

That's it & that's all.

5 more

Thread
06-26-2021, 11:38 PM
5 more

ill

Tip 'O the tam, bowin' at the waist.

Thread
06-26-2021, 11:41 PM
.net is still up and kicking. Everyone has grown up. Swingman passed away, Mori has two kids now, and it looks like we're 1 game from the finals since I was a kid. Everyone's in high spirits.

What? O-M-G.

Bitter news, ill.

Condolences to you and your group and to Swing's family.

illmatic
06-26-2021, 11:43 PM
What? O-M-G.

Bitter news, ill.

Condolences to you and your group and to Swing's family.
He had a falling out with the group and left the site sadly. I think Indy found out through his family. This happened a couple years ago.

Thread
06-27-2021, 12:06 AM
He had a falling out with the group and left the site sadly. I think Indy found out through his family. This happened a couple years ago.

He was a force to reckon with that's for certain. He and I went at it hammer & tong for years.

I do feel bad about him leaving the group. I realize that was a big part of his life.

If you think it proper and wise, ill, ask Mori and the group if they'd be gracious and grant me a temporary log-in should you take your first NBA World Title. An in-person congratulations would be in order and I'd be humbled and respectful if you all would allow a few moments for me, perhaps after an initial couple days of celebrating among yourselves.

I'm not trying to jinx you fellows, or, set you up. Just loyal opposition coming to the fore in a monumental moment should it come to fruition.

You guys live in my heart as this group here at ST does as well. Going thru the trials and tribulations as we do leaves a mark, the passage of time never dimming the scars of our good times and bad times.

"5 more"

da_suns_fan
06-27-2021, 12:28 AM

That's it & that's all.

Pure poetry.

da_suns_fan
06-27-2021, 12:29 AM

Thats a good way of phrasing it. We've all grown up.

I remember that board (the old one anyway) being freaking lit when the Suns were in pre-season in Italy in 2007. Getting Amare back. That roller coaster during pre-season. We were sooooo pumped.

illmatic
06-27-2021, 01:18 AM
He was a force to reckon with that's for certain. He and I went at it hammer & tong for years.

I do feel bad about him leaving the group. I realize that was a big part of his life.

If you think it proper and wise, ill, ask Mori and the group if they'd be gracious and grant me a temporary log-in should you take your first NBA World Title. An in-person congratulations would be in order and I'd be humbled and respectful if you all would allow a few moments for me, perhaps after an initial couple days of celebrating among yourselves.

I'm not trying to jinx you fellows, or, set you up. Just loyal opposition coming to the fore in a monumental moment should it come to fruition.

You guys live in my heart as this group here at ST does as well. Going thru the trials and tribulations as we do leaves a mark, the passage of time never dimming the scars of our good times and bad times.

"5 more"

You know I'm your fan. I'll definitely pass the request along.

scanry
06-27-2021, 03:47 AM
Phoenix better ring this year to shut Culburn's 0 & forever shtick.

Thread
06-27-2021, 08:17 AM
You know I'm your fan. I'll definitely pass the request along.

Thanks, ill. I appreciate it.

Thread
06-27-2021, 08:21 AM
Phoenix better ring this year to shut Culburn's 0 & forever shtick.

That would do it, scanster. There'd be no 1 & 52 nonsense. I'd put it/shtick away ever more.

They'd be NBA World ChampionsPERIOD

MultiTroll
06-27-2021, 12:56 PM
Game 4 said to be some of the worst hoop played in decades.

I was watching distracted but from what i caught it was CP0 and Playoff Pee exchanging bricks.

Need Milwaukee or ATL to take out the surviving pretender.

illmatic
06-27-2021, 01:59 PM
Thanks, ill. I appreciate it.

Mori said if we ring you'll get a 1 day pass to the clubhouse

MultiTroll
06-27-2021, 03:52 PM
How the hell is this play not reviewed?
Clippers only behind by one with 7 seconds left. Should become Clipper ball out of bounds.