PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Game 2006 Balloting

spursupporter
11-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Everyone log on to nba.com and vote for the spurs now!!! :elephant :elephant :elephant

samikeyp
11-17-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm there

lilmads
11-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Me too!:)

Bruno
11-17-2005, 07:28 PM
Great news for TP and Manu, TMac is a forward this year.

Bruno
11-17-2005, 07:46 PM
For West guards, you have :
Ray Allen
Mike Bibby
Kobe Bryant
Baron Davis
Manu
Steve Nash
Tony
Jason Richardson

Even if it's too soon :

4 or 5 will be selected :
For Kobe and Nash it's sure (they will both be selected by the public).
Baron davis will miss gamesand he isn't so good, Bibby and Kings sucks this year.
TP will likely be selected as backup PG. :elephant
One or two players will be taken among : Manu, Richardson and Allen.

TPMG2007
11-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Great news for TP and Manu, TMac is a forward this year.

This sucks. I fear for Duncan. I hope the fans will be smart.

dknights411
11-17-2005, 07:51 PM
All I can say is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pricefreak2125/Voteforparker.jpg

All your dreams will come true!!! :spin

sa_butta
11-17-2005, 07:54 PM
done, and I like the highlight reel afterwards that is cool.

Bruno
11-17-2005, 07:55 PM
This sucks. I fear for Duncan. I hope the fans will be smart.

Fans have taken Yao over Shaq two years ago (chinese voters).
It will be a though fight between KG, TD and tmac vut the final MVP will help TD.

xcoriate
11-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Duncan better start, I'll be so cut if he doesn't.

Vashner
11-17-2005, 07:59 PM
WTF I don't see TP on the list??

spurschick
11-17-2005, 08:06 PM
WTF I don't see TP on the list??

He's there

ZStomp
11-17-2005, 08:24 PM
All I can say is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pricefreak2125/Voteforparker.jpg

All your dreams will come true!!! :spin

Doesn't he say, "All your wildest dreams will come true"?

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
11-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Vote for all the Spurs...or else...

:lol

Kobayagi
11-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Vote for Rasho :king

AI-square
11-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Isn't it a bit early for the balloting?

I've voted for Manu and Tim Duncan.. as well as Billups, Nash, Iverson, etc..

dknights411
11-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Doesn't he say, "All your wildest dreams will come true"?

I think so. I didn't watch the whole movie myself, so I just guessed. :angel

TDMVPDPOY
11-18-2005, 12:56 AM
I know who i be voting and tp is not one of them, you can count the 100-200 votes gino n duncan will be gettin from me, since i have summer school and not many ppl will be on campus :):)

JMarkJohns
11-18-2005, 12:59 AM
Coming straight from a Suns fan, past the stats, nothing in Nash's play says he deserves an All-Star bid. Marion yes, but no one else thus far.

I like Duncan, Ginobili and Parker from the Spurs.

dbreiden83080
11-18-2005, 01:04 AM
If it is not TD and KG starting it is just a joke, but whatever it is a damn popularity contest, how could arguably the best player in the NBA be a reserve in the all star game under any circumstances.

midgetonadonkey
11-18-2005, 01:06 AM
I know who i be voting and tp is not one of them, you can count the 100-200 votes gino n duncan will be gettin from me, since i have summer school and not many ppl will be on campus :):)

Why the Parker hate? Just curious.

Tek_XX
11-18-2005, 01:07 AM
Hopefully the chinese will be smart and go with the real deal instead of Yao's teammate.

ambchang
11-18-2005, 01:13 AM
Fans have taken Yao over Shaq two years ago (chinese voters).
It will be a though fight between KG, TD and tmac vut the final MVP will help TD.
could you people stop saying that? Chinese voters voted Shaq over Yao, it was the US voters who voted Yao ahead of Shaq, and the Chinese don't have as many PCs as the Americans, alright?

howard2
11-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Vote for your favorite all-star players.
Vote via NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/allstar2006/asb/eng/ballot.html?from=sweeps)

{Here is a list of Spurs via San Antonio Express-News article.}
Well-represented: The Spurs have six players on this season's All-Star ballot.

Tim Duncan, Ginobili, Tony Parker, Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry and Finley are all on the Western Conference ballot.

Balloting began Thursday{Nov 17th} and continues through Jan. 22. Fans can vote at NBA arenas, on the league's Web site at NBA.com and in select movie theaters.

{You can write in a player too.}

The All-Star Game is Feb. 19 at Houston's Toyota Center.

MiNuS
11-18-2005, 05:37 PM
voted for:

Western: Parker,Duncan,Ginobili,Bowen and Yao(C)
Eastern:Billups,Artest,AI,B Wallace,?

Bloodline666
11-18-2005, 06:51 PM
My votes:

Western Conference
Forwards: Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan
Guards: Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker
Center: Yao Ming

Eastern Conference
Forwards: Ron Artest and Rasheed Wallace
Guards: Rip Hamilton and Dwyane Wade
Center: SHAQ

Bruno
11-18-2005, 06:55 PM
It's a shame that Kandiman is preselected and not Rasho.

JMarkJohns
11-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Yeah, Bruce Bowen is truly worthy of a vote over Garnett, Brand, Gasol and McGrady :rolleyes Oh, and Marion, Dirk, Kirilenko and Peja ...

:rolleyes :rolleyes

I just don't want to see the same people complain when their all-star gets snubbed in favor of someone who really shouldn't be there, but was voted in by fans.

Sweetmelody
11-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Yeah, Bruce Bowen is truly worthy of a vote over Garnett, Brand, Gasol and McGrady :rolleyes Oh, and Marion, Dirk, Kirilenko and Peja ...

:rolleyes :rolleyes

Well, I voted for Bruce...and all the other spurs because well, I am a spurs fan :elephant

JMarkJohns
11-18-2005, 08:16 PM
And so when Parker doesn't get the nod because some dope the fans voted in stole it, I suppose you'll bitch because you're a Spurs fan?!

Fine. Enjoy being part of the problem, then part of those who argue there's a problem, but not one who decides to do anything about it.

Fan voting is a joke for this very reason.

TDMVPDPOY
11-18-2005, 08:58 PM
I dont think fan voting has any problem, only problem i see is players who have been injured for most of the games in first half of teh season get selected into the squad like VC, then again a player like duncan dubbed boring to watch is always at the ASG, shows that sum fans know who really deserves to be on the squad....

JMarkJohns
11-18-2005, 09:14 PM
So you think it's a problem when fans vote in a player who's barely, if ever played for that particular season, but don't think fan voting is a problem?

How about when Yao Ming fans outvote Shaq? How about then those same fans vote in Francis as a starter over truly deserving players like Nash, Bibby? Would it interest you to know that Francis received the most votes amongst Western guards (not name Kobe) while a Rockett, then mysteriously failed to make the top-10 in the East last year as part of the Magic... Coincidense, or just another example of fan voting getting things VERY wrong?

Fan voting is a HUGE problem and people who vote for Bowen or say Kurt Thomas for Phoenix are only adding to the problem.

Bloodline666
11-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Fan voting is a HUGE problem and people who vote for Bowen or say Kurt Thomas for Phoenix are only adding to the problem.
Err...what's wrong with Bowen being in the All-Star game?

JMarkJohns
11-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Are you serious? Over the names I stated? Please tell me you're not as dumb as the question you just posed...

Err... :rolleyes

sandman
11-19-2005, 12:36 AM
Are you serious? Over the names I stated? Please tell me you're not as dumb as the question you just posed...

Err... :rolleyes

The "flaw" of the fan-based voting process is also one of the only ways that fans can take an active role in what happens in the L. Take the game for what it is and enjoy it. If there are several thousand fans in SA who have the time and the compunction to attempt to get BB voted in, more power to them. They love their team.

JMarkJohns
11-19-2005, 12:45 AM
Fine, then don't bitch when Parker or Ginobili doesn't make it because the fans voted in someone who didn't truly deserve the honor.

Simple as that.

Don't vote Bruce Bowen if you want to bitch about voting later on.

BB on an all-star team is a joke. A complete and utter joke. He's a fine player and does a great job at his role, but he's not an All-Star and even his inclusion on the voting lists is a mockery to players who'll truly deserve the honor.

Vote... but it is really freakin dumb to think that BB :rolleyes is fit company.

sandman
11-19-2005, 12:56 AM
Fine, then don't bitch when Parker or Ginobili doesn't make it because the fans voted in someone who didn't truly deserve the honor.

Simple as that.

Don't vote Bruce Bowen if you want to bitch about voting later on.

BB on an all-star team is a joke. A complete and utter joke. He's a fine player and does a great job at his role, but he's not an All-Star and even his inclusion on the voting lists is a mockery to players who'll truly deserve the honor.

Vote... but it is really freakin dumb to think that BB :rolleyes is fit company.

I am not saying that BB is the most worthy player on the ballot to make the team. I for one do vote, albeit subjectively, for the best players to make the team. I would not vote for Horry or Finley either. It's a meaningless game.

And I promise I won't bitch about certain players not making the team. But I also won't bitch because someone makes the team only based on popularity. I will reserve that for the All-NBA team announcements!

JMarkJohns
11-19-2005, 01:07 AM
Frankly, I don't care who does what or when or why.

I just don't like seeing people vote based on bias, then whine and cry when their favorite players get snubbed because others did the same, but for different players and did it more often.

Both are stupid.

xcoriate
11-19-2005, 04:09 AM
JMarkJohns is dead right.

Bowen in no way or shape deserves to make an all-star team, he only plays one side of the ball at a high level, and its not the side that the all-star game emphasises. Anyone that votes for Bowen is an idiot.

My Selections for the west,
Duncan
Manu
Parker
Marion
Yao

Horry For 3!
11-19-2005, 04:24 AM
Western: PG Tony Parker SG Manu Ginobili SF Kevin Garnett PF Tim Duncan C Marcus Camby

Eastern: PG Allen Iverson SG: Dwyane Wade SF LeBron James PF Paul Pierce C Ben Wallace

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
11-19-2005, 05:11 AM
West: Parker, Ginobili, Garnett, Duncan, Yao

East: Billups, Iverson, Lebron, J. O'Neal, Shaq

hussker
11-19-2005, 09:02 AM
could you people stop saying that? Chinese voters voted Shaq over Yao, it was the US voters who voted Yao ahead of Shaq, and the Chinese don't have as many PCs as the Americans, alright?

Yeah...it's called communism...

ducks
11-19-2005, 09:50 AM
nov 18 The Spurs are represented by six players in the All-Star ballots, which were released Thursday. F Tim Duncan, F Robert Horry, F Bruce Bowen, G Tony Parker, G Manu Ginobili and G Michael Finley will all be vying for a place in the 2006 All-Star game at the Toyota Center in Houston. ... Finley missed his fifth straight game Thursday because of a sore left groin. G Brent Barry has also missed the last five games after hurting his back against Chicago on November 7 in just two minutes of action.

angel_luv
11-19-2005, 02:12 PM
I noticed Sho didn't make it this year. However we are still very well represented. I want Gino to make it the most out of all our nominees. Timmy is a given.

usckk
11-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Imagine 3 Spurs starting at the All-Star game. hehe

MaNuMaNiAc
11-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Frankly, I don't care who does what or when or why.

I just don't like seeing people vote based on bias, then whine and cry when their favorite players get snubbed because others did the same, but for different players and did it more often.

Both are stupid.
hmmm... anyone else see whats wrong with his statements? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

Marklar MM
11-19-2005, 02:51 PM
You guys and gals remember when Carter was voted in as a starter for all-star game, even though he missed like 7/8ths of the first half of the season with injury. :) Fan voting at its best.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-19-2005, 03:17 PM
JMarksJohn,

With all due respect, piss off.

The voting is for the fans. If the fans of SA want to vote for Bowen, that's their prerogative.

Shit, Yao will get a lot of votes because he's Chinese. Lord knows in a run and gun A-S game he has no business being on the floor but still is.

Same for TMac. I really don't care to watch some asshat brick his way to 30% shooting, but he'll be there.

Doesn't make it right.

Besides, it could be fun if Bowen made it - we don't ask him to score that much in our offense, but he used to be a 30 PPG guy back in the day, let's see if he can still fill it up :spin

I don't really give a damn though as long as Tim, Tony, and Manu make it, after that it's gravy.

But getting righteous on a Spurs bulletin board about Spurs fans voting for Spurs to play in the All Star game will get you nowhere. Run along now, time to go find your Steve Nash blowup doll to play with.

Cherry
11-19-2005, 05:16 PM
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4039/voteformanu3er.png

Sweetmelody
11-19-2005, 06:05 PM

I would never bitch - would I be disappointed- of course!
I also know there are many other talented athletes but the voting is for fans so I can vote for whoever the hell I want.

Bowen in no way or shape deserves to make an all-star team, he only plays one side of the ball at a high level, and its not the side that the all-star game emphasises. Anyone that votes for Bowen is an idiot.

Thanks for calling me an idiot. :rolleyes

ambchang
11-20-2005, 12:59 AM
If anything, don't vote for Spurs player. In fact, pray that they won't even be selected by coaches. Have them rest the weekend, come back recuperated, and go kick some butt in games with real meaning!

JMarkJohns
11-20-2005, 02:40 AM
JMarksJohn,

With all due respect, piss off.

The voting is for the fans. If the fans of SA want to vote for Bowen, that's their prerogative.

But getting righteous on a Spurs bulletin board about Spurs fans voting for Spurs to play in the All Star game will get you nowhere. Run along now, time to go find your Steve Nash blowup doll to play with.

How cute, ya ya stopped effin' yer farm animal long enough to reply... thanks.

I'm not on Nash's bandwagon, you dolt. Or do you just pick and choose the threads you read here? I clearly stated yesterday that Nash's defensive inability would cost the Suns the game. How was the games last FG scored? Oh, Parker on Nash, that's right... I also clearly state earlier in this thread that Nash shouldn't be an All-Star this year, because beyond stats, he's done nothing to deserve it.

Keep talking. Sure, it's a game for the fans, but it doesn't mean it gives them the right to both, 1. vote in undeserving players and 2. then bitch when their deserving player doesn't make it due to fan voting.

You're entitled to your opinion, but if you honestly believe Bruce Bowen deserves an All-Star nod, then you have A LOT to learn about basketball.

Fine player who's greatat his role, but he belongs nowhere near an All-Star game.

But do as you wish... it is your site, your right, no matter how wrong you are, afterall...