PDA

View Full Version : Keon Clark

Ghost Writer
06-23-2003, 12:14 PM
What's his availability?

How much will he cost?

Clark is an up-tempo, high-energy center who can rebound and block shots just like Robinson. Clark would not command the same salary as a superstar big man like Elton Brand or Jermaine O'Neal, though.

That may open up opportunities for a sign-and-trade involving Tony Parker and Jason Kidd.

Would you go to war with this lineup?:

PF Duncan
SF Bowen
C Clark
PG Kidd
SG Jackson

Bench:

PF Rose
SG Ginobili
PG Claxton
C Willis
SG Kerr

Is Clark a lock to re-siagn with the Kings?

Questions.

:cooldevil

travis2
06-23-2003, 12:17 PM
I had that question this weekend...

What would be his downside? Is he worth pursuing?

I really don't know all that much about him...what little I've heard seems to be good...

ducks
06-23-2003, 12:21 PM
I was high on him but he sucked with the kings. he is VERY Skinny.
Spurs were intersted in him then the crack theing came out. The kings are not high on him as vlade's replacement so he can not be too great. I am beginning to think he was overrated with the raptos.

kohai
06-23-2003, 12:27 PM
Shaq would be running around all game, unaware that Keon was wedged in his ass crack. THAT'S his downside.

He is VERY athletic, but frankly, he's making Malik $$ now, and we'd have to pay him MORE to play here, and we all know how you hate paying a non-star that kind of $$$. :wink

Ghost Writer
06-23-2003, 12:37 PM
What was the crack thing?

I thought Keon did well backing up Divac this past season.

Just a thought.

ducks
06-23-2003, 12:42 PM
rember the magic were instered in clark and then clark got caught with 2 grams of of green stuff then the magic backed offf right then and there. it was in the news.

Clark is ok but I am not as high on him as last year. last year I wanted Clark.

clarks stats (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3256/career)

Ghost Writer
06-23-2003, 12:45 PM
2 blocks a game in 23 minutes per.

Not too shabby.

ducks
06-23-2003, 01:03 PM
does not clark have an option for this year? also some say he will stay becaus ethere is to many fa's aviable this year.

kohai
06-23-2003, 01:38 PM
Ghost - He's a shotblocker, but he's also a twig, weighing in at 221 lbs. He's really more of a weakside shotblocker, and provides only marginal post defense, lacking the leg and trunk strength to hold his ground against typical post players.

He does have an option this summer, but in this FA crop, he'd be crazy to exercise it. I think his next year $$$ are about $5M, and it would be tough for him to get it in this market.

Ghost Writer
06-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Yeah, Clark would be tossed around by Shaq. I'm just llooking at creative ways to replace Robinson's interior defense.

Mark in Austin
06-23-2003, 02:29 PM
I'd rather take my chances with Kendrick Perkins, Malick Badiene, Slavko Vranes, or Zaur Pauchulia at 800,000 per year than Keon at 5,000,000 per.

Keon is best suited as an energy guy coming focused off the bench, not as a starter, imo.

timvp
06-23-2003, 02:35 PM
Clark would be a huge waste of money. If you are going to throw away that amount of money, you might as well go after Olowokandi. At least he has some potential.

KClark is too skinny to play regular minutes. Notice how he only averaged 23 minutes a game even though Webber, Divac and Pollard were out for long stretches of time. He can throw down a couple dunks and block a few shots, but that's about it.

Admiral
06-23-2003, 02:39 PM
Our money would be better spent on P.J. Brown. Clark's athleticism is not enough to make up for his lack of bulk. We need a guy we can count on every night to give us quality minutes at center. P.J. Brown is far from my first choice this summer, but you can count on him to bring it every night, work hard, and be a team player.

Besides, just looking at Keon Clark can make you drop a couple of I.Q. points. :lol

adidas11
06-23-2003, 02:53 PM
For my team, the Lakers, I would love to have Clark. His athleticism would be a welcome boost to my team, and despite his slender frame, our paint dominance is mainly through Shaq anyhow.

But as for your team, finding a replacement for Drob, Clark would NOT be ideal. Unless you want to depend on Tim Duncan to be the main force in the paint for you. Clark is a energy player, similar to Malik Rose. He did very well for the Kings last year, but only as the energy player off the bench.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-23-2003, 03:03 PM
Mark,

Even at 800K per, Kendrick is not worth it. He'd get thrown around like a rag doll too, and can't jump very high either.

AHF

Ghost Writer
06-23-2003, 03:13 PM
You guys missed the boat on the need for shotblocking.

ducks
06-23-2003, 04:06 PM
addias you are right clark would help the lakers more then the spurs

kohai
06-23-2003, 06:04 PM
You guys missed the boat on the need for shotblocking.

??? Elton Brand and J O'Neal both block more shots than Clark. Oh, I see. You're already assuming the worst. Sorry, I don't share that viewpoint.

Sigmund Freud
06-23-2003, 06:33 PM
From my initial analysis, it seems that GhostWriter is suffering from a mild case of hysteria. Keon Clark would not be a wise investment.

Ghost Writer
06-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Bi-polar disorder, Sigmund.

I can go from Jermaine O'Neal to Keon Clark or Elton Brand to Michael Olowokandi in a matter of minutes. :wtf

Sigmund Freud
06-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Hysteria is correct, Ghost Writer. You seem to get excessively and uncontrollably excited about Olowokandi one minute, and Keon Clark the next. If you were thinking rationally, you would realize that neither is a long-term solution.

Do not question Freud.

Truthsayer
06-23-2003, 07:27 PM
Keon Clark would be a good backup for Malik Rose if we had to start Malik. Their numbers are pretty much identical except that Keon gets more blocks. Malik's advantage is he is stronger and bulkier and can play better post defense. I wouldn't want to have to rely on Keon as a starting center and I wouldn't even think of paying him more than Malik.

adidas11
06-23-2003, 08:47 PM
Truthsayer, your center for next year is Tim Duncan. Anyone else that you pick up will be the PF.