PDA

View Full Version : brian green

NZHayden
11-17-2005, 09:34 PM
anyone heard of this guy?
he's recently signed to the nz breakers. link (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=4&ObjectID=10355769)
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/nzhayden/briangreen.jpg
Basketball: Breakers' new man after the buckets

By Peter Jessup

The new Breakers import, 31-year-old, 1.95m shooting guard Brian Green from San Antonio, flew into Auckland yesterday and went straight to training.

Signed and then released by the Phoenix Suns after college at the University of Nevada, Reno, Green plays in the summer league for the San Antonio Spurs but has spent winters playing in Spain, Cyprus, China, Bosnia and the Philippines.

Green, who has his own sportswear business, knows that the Breakers sit last in the league with just three wins and that points are what are required.

"We need some buckets. My job is to be a go-to guy who can score some points. But I believe firmly in team defence and it's up to us to rotate and help each other out.

"We're at the bottom of the league. I don't think I can make them any worse."

He still aimed for a spot with the Spurs, he said, regularly training with the likes of Tim Duncan and Tony Parker. He knows all about New Zealand through another training buddy, Sean Marks.

"Sean is an unbelievable guy and a real talent. I cannot work out why he doesn't get more court time in the NBA."

Spurs' assistant coach Brett Brown, who used to coach the Auckland Stars, recommended Green to the Breakers.

Green will start in the double-header against the Perth Wildcats at Trusts Stadium tonight and at the Pacific Events Centre in Manukau on Sunday provided he gets an international clearance from Bosnia. "If we can carry over what we did in training today we'll do all right. I can see some athletic players, talented players. The league must be pretty good given the Breakers' position on the table."

A.J. Majstrovich trained yesterday and is confident of playing after a knee injury, and returned Aussie Ben Thompson is also expected to play.

King
11-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Wasn't he David Silver in 90210?

NZHayden
11-17-2005, 10:05 PM
hell for all i know he might have been

TDMVPDPOY
11-18-2005, 12:11 AM
plz no scrub players from nbl man

RashoFan
11-18-2005, 02:22 AM
I know "A" Brian Green..Paramedic in Austin/TravisCounty....but he don't look like him.....:)

implacable44
11-18-2005, 10:19 AM
he's recently signed to the nz breakers. link (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=4&ObjectID=10355769)
Basketball: Breakers' new man after the buckets

By Peter Jessup

The new Breakers import, 31-year-old, 1.95m shooting guard Brian Green from San Antonio, flew into Auckland yesterday and went straight to training.

Signed and then released by the Phoenix Suns after college at the University of Nevada, Reno, Green plays in the summer league for the San Antonio Spurs but has spent winters playing in Spain, Cyprus, China, Bosnia and the Philippines.

Green, who has his own sportswear business, knows that the Breakers sit last in the league with just three wins and that points are what are required.

"We need some buckets. My job is to be a go-to guy who can score some points. But I believe firmly in team defence and it's up to us to rotate and help each other out.

"We're at the bottom of the league. I don't think I can make them any worse."

He still aimed for a spot with the Spurs, he said, regularly training with the likes of Tim Duncan and Tony Parker. He knows all about New Zealand through another training buddy, Sean Marks.

"Sean is an unbelievable guy and a real talent. I cannot work out why he doesn't get more court time in the NBA."

Spurs' assistant coach Brett Brown, who used to coach the Auckland Stars, recommended Green to the Breakers.

Green will start in the double-header against the Perth Wildcats at Trusts Stadium tonight and at the Pacific Events Centre in Manukau on Sunday provided he gets an international clearance from Bosnia. "If we can carry over what we did in training today we'll do all right. I can see some athletic players, talented players. The league must be pretty good given the Breakers' position on the table."

A.J. Majstrovich trained yesterday and is confident of playing after a knee injury, and returned Aussie Ben Thompson is also expected to play.

sam houston product - one of many players from san antonio playing in the minor leagues - brian green, kevin rice, artie griffin, ski jones, gee gervin, andre pitts and there are a few others out there. Ski or Artie have probably had the most success -- maybe Pitts a close third - he is currently over in Iran racking up the points and victories.

implacable44
11-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Gervin is one of the worst human beings around.

I didnt say he was a good guy - I do remember when Lil Bonewitz lit him up in the playoffs though -

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Gervin is one of the worst human beings around.

My oldest brother played ball with Gee back at MacArthur High, and he would agree whole-heartedly with this statement. I once asked him he thought Gee would play in the NBA and he said, without missing a beat, "He'll be in jail before he ever gets in the NBA."

implacable44
11-18-2005, 11:01 AM
My oldest brother played ball with Gee back at MacArthur High, and he would agree whole-heartedly with this statement. I once asked him he thought Gee would play in the NBA and he said, without missing a beat, "He'll be in jail before he ever gets in the NBA."

he is like The Ice Man's brother - Derek - living off the name.

samikeyp
11-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Sad but true. Ice had his troubles but he cleaned up his act. The other two would be wise to follow.

MI21
11-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Breakers got owned by the Wildcats, NZHayden.

Go David Bailey! :)