PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Seemed to Give Up

mando6599
11-18-2005, 08:24 AM
Watching the last 2 minutes of the game, I felt that JVG just conceded the victory to the Spurs. Did anyone else think this? Spurs were up 10 I believe with 1 minute left and, yes that is a lot with only 1 minute, but you've got TMac pretty hot and history on your side. Jon Barry made a 3 in the corner and some other "scrub", maybe Ryan Bowen, was put in and TMac taken out towards the end. Just seems like they gave in. Also, NO ONE fouled a Spur after Houston made that 3 to pull within 6. Spurs just ran out the clock and there was like at least 10-15 seconds on the clock. It almost felt like Game 7 where Manu was running out the clock, but at least Detroit fouled him.

boutons
11-18-2005, 08:31 AM
"JVG just conceded the victory to the Spurs"

Pop conceded to the Wiz with -13 points and 3:05 left.

Jeff had much more justification. He couldn't get his guys to run plays, do much of anything right, all night, although they did a better job stopping the drivers in 2nd half. He would't have been pleased with a W if it was just Tracy going nutz alone again.

easjer
11-18-2005, 09:18 AM
JVG is not pleased with a 40 point win. I mean I know it's early and all - but division rival . . . you try to beat them. It was close enough to win or tie. I thought that was so weird, and clearly Manu did too - did you see the confusion on his face as he was running by guys?

kris
11-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Both of the coaches gave up too soon. I hope they would take the bad W over the bad loss.