PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pain

Old School Chic
11-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Has anyone ever experienced chest pain after cold air hits your chest?

If so, how can you make It go away? :depressed

mookie2001
11-18-2005, 11:25 AM
theres only one way to stop the pain for good

relate to me your will to live

N.Y. Johnny
11-18-2005, 11:27 AM
never had that happen.

Duncan21
11-18-2005, 11:27 AM
i woke up with chest pain this morning, my room was frezzing, it went away after i had a hot shower it might help better in a bath you could also try hot milk

Old School Chic
11-18-2005, 11:38 AM
i woke up with chest pain this morning, my room was frezzing, it went away after i had a hot shower it might help better in a bath you could also try hot milk

That's much less what happened to me. I was covered up real warm and I felt hot so I uncovered myself and BOOM! chest pain started...

It feels ugly. :depressed

alamo50
11-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Put on some damn clothes girl.

SWC Bonfire
11-18-2005, 11:39 AM
That's much less what happened to me. I was covered up real warm and I felt hot so I uncovered myself and BOOM! chest pain started...

It feels ugly. :depressed

Vigorous rubbing of the chest makes it go away. I'm sure you could find some volunteers on the forum to help you out. :lol

Old School Chic
11-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Put on some damn clothes girl.

I did have clothes on. :oops

JoeChalupa
11-18-2005, 11:52 AM
It was cold last night, no chest pains but did suffer from some shrinkage.

Old School Chic
11-18-2005, 11:54 AM
It was cold last night, no chest pains but did suffer from some shrinkage.

:oops

Old School Chic
11-18-2005, 11:58 AM
I don't know how to spell it but my mexican wife makes good menudo that'll warm you up.

Thank you. and you did spell It right.

JoeChalupa
11-18-2005, 12:22 PM
I don't like menudo but some nice hot caldo warms me up and cures the shrinkage.

mookie2001
11-18-2005, 12:24 PM
or as my white former mexican restaurant waiter friend called it, "caldo soup"

orhe
11-18-2005, 01:02 PM
how do you make caldo? is that the one with potatoes and some tomatoe sauce?

Kip Fanatic
11-18-2005, 01:09 PM
Rubbing vicks on your chest always warms it up. You might sweat, but it'll help.

pache100
11-18-2005, 01:19 PM
No fresh veggies like carrots, squash, cabbage, onion, tomato but not the sauce. Its a soup but I don't know all the special ingredients.

It's kind of a "kitchen sink" soup. Everyone I know who makes it just cleans out the fridge and throws anything that's good in the caldo. I know everyone else eats it with tortillas, but I like it with jalepeno cornbread.

midgetonadonkey
11-18-2005, 01:26 PM
I got a pain in my ches' and I cant breef.

SpursWoman
11-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Has anyone ever experienced chest pain after cold air hits your chest?

If you mean inside your chest after you take a breath of cold air? Make sure to breathe through your nose to warm up the air before it hits your lungs.

A little bit of something our coach taught us in track many, many moons ago when running in the cold. :)

If that's not it ... turn the heater on when it's cold outside. :lol

TOP-CHERRY
11-18-2005, 01:51 PM
Man, I could go for some caldo de res right about now!!!!

PakiDan
11-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Ummmm, I had chest pain like that - and found out I had a massive heart attack.....

tlongII
11-18-2005, 02:14 PM
Ummmm, I had chest pain like that - and found out I had a massive heart attack.....

Question - What is a massive heart attack as compared to a heart attack that is not massive? I've always wondered what that meant.

P.S. - Do us a favor and don't have another one.

ShoogarBear
11-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Vigorous rubbing of the chest makes it go away. I'm sure you could find some volunteers on the forum to help you out. :lol

After I saw the first post. my over/under for the number of posts until "chest massage" answer was 5 . . .

ShoogarBear
11-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Rubbing vicks on your chest always warms it up. You might sweat, but it'll help.

For 101 things to do with Vicks, and other cold remedies:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25816

ShoogarBear
11-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Question - What is a massive heart attack as compared to a heart attack that is not massive? I've always wondered what that meant.

P.S. - Do us a favor and don't have another one.

Not all heart attacks are the same. A lot depends on the location and size or the area blocked. There can be differences in the amount of muscle damage, which can translast to a greater surface area or thickness of the heart involved.

Also, more serious heart attacks can lead to permanent impairment in heart function or problems with the values or with problems in the electrical "wiring" of the heart. Luckier peopl can have heart attacks which leave them with heart function mostly preserved, and with proper rehabilitation can go on to fully active lives (including sports).

"Massive" insn't a medical term, but there are other things that can be used to quantify the severity of the attack.

nickbroken
11-18-2005, 02:28 PM
It could be Angina, do you have heart problems, or do they run in your family line, a lot of times it could be nothing, but if you are that worried about it see a doctor, normally it's nothing I have gotten chest pains here and there in my life and it been nothnig, you could of tense up from the cold and put tension on the chest muscles or a number of other things, but if it was after cold air or if you get it when you work or or do activity then it could be Angina, so as I said if it keeps up or you are worried see a doctor.

TOP-CHERRY
11-18-2005, 02:29 PM
All I know is, I'll never put vicks in my nose... again.

SpursWoman
11-18-2005, 02:30 PM
For 101 things to do with Vicks, and other cold remedies:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25816

My mom used to do the same shit to me....hot salt-water and all. :lol

I did it to my daughter last night, as a matter of fact...only I didn't have any Vick's so I used Mentholatum. :)

And it may be nasty, but it really helped her to breathe/sleep a lot better after I did it.

N.Y. Johnny
11-18-2005, 04:46 PM
just take some robitussin'

MiNuS
11-18-2005, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't be able to diagnose it without running a few exams on you and maybe doing a heart catheterization before going for the by-pass.

Solid D
11-18-2005, 05:56 PM
I had the same feeling this morning and I NEVER have chest pains. I wonder if it was the cold or something airborne. That's wierd that others felt that way today.

It went away after I got up and got ready for the day.

Old School Chic
11-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Thanks to everyone for their great advice...

I got off from work early, picked up some tortilla soup from this little mexican restaurant, came home and ate it... It was good. Anyway, I took some tylenol and rubbed some vicks on my chest and took a nap. I woke up a little while ago and the pain is gone :elephant

I'm now getting dressed and on my way to Wal-Mart... I'm planning on buying some flannel pj's and a warm blanket just for me, since all this mess started because my husband took my blanket away last night.

BTW, my heater Is now on... :spin

RashoFan
11-19-2005, 04:20 AM
Thanks to everyone for their great advice...

I got off from work early, picked up some tortilla soup from this little mexican restaurant, came home and ate it... It was good. Anyway, I took some tylenol and rubbed some vicks on my chest and took a nap. I woke up a little while ago and the pain is gone :elephant

I'm now getting dressed and on my way to Wal-Mart... I'm planning on buying some flannel pj's and a warm blanket just for me, since all this mess started because my husband took my blanket away last night.

BTW, my heater Is now on... :spin
If you haved it again in the morning...just call EMS. If they have "12 lead" cardiac monitor, the can do a baseline and take you to the hospital for blood work and treatment. "Blood work" - the lab checks for enzymes in the blood that are released when cardiac muscle is dying(ischemia) ...which can take up to 4 hrs to show up AFTER the ischemia begins. Just to be on the safe side, get checked out. If EMS (SAFD in particular...sorry guys I am calling some of you out) doesn't think you should go "by ambulance" then have someone drive YOU. Please do not try to Drive yourself it is too dangerous to be behind the wheel it that kind of situation.Bottom line....if you are concerned- be concerned and be evaluated by a doctor!!!! Let me know how you are doing....U to Pakidan!!!!!