And nothing of value was lost.

slick'81
06-28-2021, 01:21 AM
Pop losing another talented assistant...nothing to see here

becky remains

Dejounte
06-28-2021, 01:24 AM
IMO, this says two things:

1) Pop is indeed retiring. Think about it. It’s going to be a pain to look for new assistant coaches all over again. With Hardy gone, and Becky almost out, who else does he have to take under his wings? Coaching next season will have less purpose.

2) the next head coach will not come internally. Becky was almost gone. If they were serious about keeping these two, neither coach would look outside. I mean, unless Pop remains for a few more years, which would be insane. Pop allowed his assistant coaches to coach by committee this past season. I’d assume that was to lessen his workload. Is he really going back to shouldering all the responsibility?

How does Hardy think he’s going to land a head coaching job going from learning under Pop to learning under Ime? This is a big hint for something.

szkorhetz
06-28-2021, 01:49 AM
Brett Brown will take over in San Antonio.

This is harsh reality.

Em-City
06-28-2021, 01:50 AM
Maybe Hardy goes because he knows Becky is getting the HC gig.

slick'81
06-28-2021, 01:52 AM

This is harsh reality.

Could pop bring him in as an assistant to replace will this season? Or is becky the defacto #2 now?

Dejounte
06-28-2021, 01:57 AM
Maybe Hardy goes because he knows Becky is getting the HC gig.

The Spurs don’t go from 90% losing Becky to four other teams into “Hey Becky, since you were rejected by all those teams, we’re making you the new head coach!”.

slick'81
06-28-2021, 02:02 AM
Maybe spurs dip in the college ranks or maybe pop isnt going anywhere

Spursfanfromafar
06-28-2021, 02:20 AM
Am waiting for Manu Ginobili to take the plunge in the assistant coaches' ranks, his lovely family willing, of course.

The Truth #6
06-28-2021, 05:14 AM
Unless something big comes out to explain all this, it hints at more dysfunction.

slick'81
06-28-2021, 06:02 AM
Unless something big comes out to explain all this, it hints at more dysfunction.

Isnt this just hardy getting a promotion on the bench,and raise? Where is the dysfunction?If pop is staying on or they hire a coach outside the orginization then hardy should probably go

duncan2150
06-28-2021, 06:14 AM

1) Pop is indeed retiring. Think about it. It’s going to be a pain to look for new assistant coaches all over again. With Hardy gone, and Becky almost out, who else does he have to take under his wings? Coaching next season will have less purpose.

2) the next head coach will not come internally. Becky was almost gone. If they were serious about keeping these two, neither coach would look outside. I mean, unless Pop remains for a few more years, which would be insane. Pop allowed his assistant coaches to coach by committee this past season. I’d assume that was to lessen his workload. Is he really going back to shouldering all the responsibility?

How does Hardy think he’s going to land a head coaching job going from learning under Pop to learning under Ime? This is a big hint for something.
Imo that just say that pop will Be the coach next year, hardy get a promotion in Boston because of that.

But you may right on your no. 2 , i don't see it now. I think if pop is Gone we'll probably know it.

duncan2150
06-28-2021, 06:18 AM

Imo that just say that pop will Be the coach next year, hardy get a promotion in Boston because of that.

But you may right on your no. 2 , i don't see it now. I think if pop is Gone we'll probably have know it.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-28-2021, 06:55 AM
so ..

1) pop is staying
2) pop is staying a few more years
3) becky is the next hc
4) brett brown is the next hc
5) the next hc won't come internally
6) spurs will dip into ncaa
7) the org is fucked

lmao thanks spurstalk

JeffDuncan
06-28-2021, 07:01 AM

It’s easy to explain. The Celtics are serious about making changes, to be competitive. The Spurs, not so much.

Will Hardy would rather coach a winner.

The Truth #6
06-28-2021, 07:51 AM
Isnt this just hardy getting a promotion on the bench,and raise? Where is the dysfunction?If pop is staying on or they hire a coach outside the orginization then hardy should probably go

Notice I said “unless”.

Uriel
06-28-2021, 09:26 AM

This is harsh reality.
Honestly, I’ll take him. Unless Coach Bud somehow becomes available.

Kurgan
06-28-2021, 09:33 AM
Honestly, I’ll take him. Unless Coach Bud somehow becomes available.

Bud is going to be a made man in Milwaukee when the Bucks win the title this year. His job will be safe for years. I don't see any scenario where they don't win - Clippers are gimpy, Suns and Hawks are unimpressive overall.

ragas
06-28-2021, 09:42 AM
Spurs continue to make other teams better.

Trill Clinton
06-28-2021, 09:42 AM
Oh well

John B
06-28-2021, 10:10 AM
My take, Becky will be the new head coach, and Hardy knows that. It may be immediately after the Olympics

Vic Petro
06-28-2021, 10:14 AM
Hammon impressed Portland officials and was generally liked among Blazers staffers, sources said. But when Portland reached out for intel from San Antonio figures, the background on Hammon was not nearly as complimentary pertaining to various aspects of day-to-day coaching responsibilities. That sentiment has been echoed by sources around the league. Blazers personnel then cast doubt that Hammon was the candidate to steer the ship through such delicate waters with Lillard.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2945304-inside-the-highly-scrutinized-nba-head-coaching-hires-in-portland-dallas (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2945304-inside-the-highly-scrutinized-nba-head-coaching-hires-in-portland-dallas)

Degoat
06-28-2021, 10:20 AM
Interesting stuff happening! I dont think this tells us anything other than that Will Hardy wasn’t being groomed to be Pops successor after all. Pop has all sorts of coaching connections, he could bring anyone in to be an assistant coach

rjv
06-28-2021, 10:30 AM
Interesting stuff happening! I dont think this tells us anything other than that Will Hardy wasn’t being groomed to be Pops successor after all. Pop has all sorts of coaching connections, he could bring anyone in to be an assistant coach

I agree-and no one here on ST really knows what is going on behind the scenes so there will be a lot of speculation. we'll know when we know.

K...
06-28-2021, 10:36 AM
Mr. Jim Boylen is always ready to take a job.

Chomag
06-28-2021, 10:39 AM
You guys honestly thought Pop was hanging it up? Everything is pointing to the opposite.

rjv
06-28-2021, 11:03 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2945304-inside-the-highly-scrutinized-nba-head-coaching-hires-in-portland-dallas (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2945304-inside-the-highly-scrutinized-nba-head-coaching-hires-in-portland-dallas)

what i got out of this article, more than anything else, was that this hire was going to come down to what made lillard happy.

spurs1990
06-28-2021, 11:09 AM
Am waiting for Manu Ginobili to take the plunge in the assistant coaches' ranks, his lovely family willing, of course.

Manu as your next head coach. That and a TD return to the bench and we're talking.

Apart from that unlikely event, to Coach Bud or Coach Monty Williams - come on home fellas.

poopbox
06-28-2021, 11:16 AM
The Spurs don’t go from 90% losing Becky to four other teams into “Hey Becky, since you were rejected by all those teams, we’re making you the new head coach!”.

I don't think Becky was actually in the running for any of those jobs.

The only thing this might mean is that Pop is not in fact retiring after this season.

K...
06-28-2021, 11:47 AM
Manu as your next head coach. That and a TD return to the bench and we're talking.

Apart from that unlikely event, to Coach Bud or Coach Monty Williams - come on home fellas.

One of two likely coaches of the nba finals are going to be fired? Look you're getting jlm boylen and you will like it

offset formation
06-28-2021, 11:51 AM

Did you see the report from Portland that their Intel from SA sourceson Hammon was not good?

offset formation
06-28-2021, 11:53 AM
I don't think Becky was actually in the running for any of those jobs.

The only thing this might mean is that Pop is not in fact retiring after this season.

That's not what the reports on Portland said. The owner wanted her. But when they did Intel from her colleagues inSA, they were not favorable.

Noooooot a good look for her potential coaching capabilities.

Dejounte
06-28-2021, 11:59 AM
That's not what the reports on Portland said. The owner wanted her. But when they did Intel from her colleagues inSA, they were not favorable.

What does this mean? Her coworkers threw her under the bus?

offset formation
06-28-2021, 12:02 PM
What does this mean? Her coworkers threw her under the bus?

Somebody did. Says "San Antonio figures" IIRC. Guessing they might have gotten poor feedback from at least one assistant and/or player, current or former. And also "echoed by sources around the League." No bueno if true.

EDIT: Here is the quote:

Hammon impressed Portland officials and was generally liked among Blazers staffers, sources said. But when Portland reached out for intel from San Antonio figures, the background on Hammon was not nearly as complimentary pertaining to various aspects of day-to-day coaching responsibilities. That sentiment has been echoed by sources around the league. Blazers personnel then cast doubt that Hammon was the candidate to steer the ship through such delicate waters with Lillard.

Dejounte
06-28-2021, 12:07 PM
Somebody did. Says "San Antonio figures" IIRC. Guessing they might have gotten poor feedback from at least one assistant and/or player, current or former. And also "echoed by sources around the League." No bueno if true.

EDIT: Here is the quote:

That’s fucked, if true. How petty does one have to be to go out of their way to ruin another person’s opportunity?

R. DeMurre
06-28-2021, 12:15 PM
so ..

1) pop is staying
2) pop is staying a few more years
3) becky is the next hc
4) brett brown is the next hc
5) the next hc won't come internally
6) spurs will dip into ncaa
7) the org is fucked

lmao thanks spurstalk

:lol Exactly... the number of fans who confuse being interested or passionate about their favorite team with the idea that they somehow have an inside track on what they're thinking is hilarious. So many wild unlikely guesses here that people want to present as "I've got my finger on the pulse!"

K...
06-28-2021, 12:16 PM
That’s fucked, if true. How petty does one have to be to go out of their way to ruin another person’s opportunity?

Read the other threaad. Its too unbelievable that pop or anyone would shit on a coach like the article. This is a pr spin.

BacktoBasics
06-28-2021, 12:29 PM

Sounds like horseshit deflection and fabrication by a group that got caught up in cancel culture.

GAustex
06-28-2021, 12:30 PM
I get asked about workers in my line of work all the time.
If the person in question sucks then I say they suck.

EricB
06-28-2021, 12:37 PM

if you believed that bunch of crap, and think also that’s how the Spurs operate,

then I’ve got some nice ocean front property in Scottsdale to sell you

EricB
06-28-2021, 12:37 PM
Sounds like horseshit deflection and fabrication by a group that got caught up in cancel culture.

ding ding ding

KobesAchilles
06-28-2021, 12:49 PM
Yeah the Spurs have never talked shit about anybody when it comes to coaching. Hell Pop was defending Brett Brown to the media after going like 10 and 72. And now all of a sudden we are going to say negative shit about a woman who could become the first female coach in NBA history? That makes zero sense. This is Portland throwing shit against the wall and hoping nobody looks too hard into this. They hired a rapist over Becky and are now having to justify why.

I hope Pop comes out and says nothing but glowing things about Becky to shut up these bs rumors. Too many people/organizations have been taking shots at the Spurs and it makes one wonder if they ever respected us in the first place

rjv
06-28-2021, 01:16 PM
bruce bowen was on record last night praising everything about Becky. He even referred to her as a basketball savant. Like KobeAchilles said, an organization like the spurs-which gave a 2nd chance to kelvin sampson on the heels of his NCAA infractions scandal-suddenly undermines its own? yeah, right...

Atl Spur
06-28-2021, 01:57 PM
Our new coach may be Lloyd Pierce......he has a sharp bball mind! Pop loves him..

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-28-2021, 02:01 PM
Damn.

happy for him but it sucks we are losing so many assistants each season

D-Robinson 50 fan
06-28-2021, 02:08 PM
If Pop is gone and the organization knows this why would they wait so long to get a replacement? Unless the Bill Self rumors have some validity to them or if they have their eye on some of the remaining playoff coaches………

It just makes no sense to wait too long to find a replacement coach if Pop is seriously leaving though. They just lost one assistant coach and they still could lose another one.

I think Pop is coming back next season as far as the front office knows unless they already have a successor lined up that is close and we don’t know or forgot about.

Maddog
06-28-2021, 02:28 PM
Yeah the Spurs have never talked shit about anybody when it comes to coaching. Hell Pop was defending Brett Brown to the media after going like 10 and 72. And now all of a sudden we are going to say negative shit about a woman who could become the first female coach in NBA history? That makes zero sense. This is Portland throwing shit against the wall and hoping nobody looks too hard into this. They hired a rapist over Becky and are now having to justify why.

I hope Pop comes out and says nothing but glowing things about Becky to shut up these bs rumors. Too many people/organizations have been taking shots at the Spurs and it makes one wonder if they ever respected us in the first place

The Spurs don't talk shit about anyone.
Look at nephew. They never said anything negative until it got so far they didn't even know what was going on

rogcl1
06-28-2021, 02:43 PM

This. Spot on.

slick'81
06-28-2021, 02:52 PM
You guys honestly thought Pop was hanging it up? Everything is pointing to the opposite.

This. All the bs rumors and speculation are basically because we are all assuming pop retires. The old fart isnt going anywhere,becky will stay as his right hand gal, and spurs probably hire another no name video guy to replace will

ducks
06-28-2021, 02:59 PM
So pop hardly gives becky day to say stuff
What a fucking control creep

Seventyniner
06-28-2021, 03:10 PM
Read the other threaad. Its too unbelievable that pop or anyone would shit on a coach like the article. This is a pr spin.

That or it's a former Spurs staffer who had a grudge. I can't imagine anyone currently with the organization saying such things about any current staff member, even one given permission to interview for a head coaching position elsewhere.

EricB
06-28-2021, 03:41 PM

well said and 100% correct

EricB
06-28-2021, 03:42 PM
Our new coach may be Lloyd Pierce......he has a sharp bball mind! Pop loves him..

If I were to guess it would be Becky or the other assistant on the Olympic basketball team

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-28-2021, 03:45 PM
My guess is that Pop hasn't told anyone what he plans to do and so the assistants are all weighing their options. Becky may be next in line, but doesn't know when that might be. Pop was supposed to follow Tim into retirement but he didn't follow through with that. Maybe the assistants think he's going to stay there forever.

objective
06-28-2021, 03:54 PM
Can't imagine anyone with the team cautioning against her. Hell, has any Spurs assistant had a hard time finding a better job? Freaking Jim Boylan somehow didn't have enough bad things a said about him to prevent him getting a full time head gig and he's the guy who forgot to put Kawhi back in the game in the second half.

Jacque Vaughn somehow went from a second row intern to head coach of the magic after a long career as an uncreative backup who couldn't pass or shoot. He couldn't even make the front row.

People in the org would talk her up. Because the lower guys all want to advance. Whether that's going with her or moving up the ladder in SA after she's gone.

And other people in the org would be glad to be rid of her if she wasn't good at her job. Because then there would be no backlash for firing her as an assistant.

Not claiming she's a coaching genius. It's beyond strange that Pop refused to make her the #1 assistant as far as coaching when he's ejected, but that may be down to Pop's unreliable coaching acumen at this stage. If Pop didn't want her around he wouldn't protect Olshey from making that mistake, he's no buddy of his.

slick'81
06-28-2021, 04:02 PM
If I were to guess it would be Becky or the other assistant on the Olympic basketball team

1. Jay wright
2. B-ham

offset formation
06-28-2021, 06:35 PM
if you believed that bunch of crap, and think also that’s how the Spurs operate,

then I’ve got some nice ocean front property in Scottsdale to sell you

fine, take away the Spurs stuff entirely and you're still left with corroboration from other league sources.

I'll readily admit I don't like her but I am hoping she finds employment elsewhere so she doesn't work here. But you seem to be dismissing it out of hand as though there's the slightest possibility she just isn't the right coach for the post-Pop era.

I've made it clear I stopped rooting for her the second she didn't take a knee with the team. Was completely inexcusable to me. plus she's not the most qualified and seems just to want to break the threshold of being the first rather than sticking around to build her knowledge under Pop.

long story short, I want her out so I wish she had gotten the job.

CGD
06-28-2021, 07:13 PM

This is some bullshit. This is a hit piece orchestrated out of the Portland side; Spurs ranks don’t leak garbage like that.

superbigtime
06-28-2021, 07:14 PM
Good for Boston. Bad for SAS.

EricB
06-28-2021, 08:00 PM
fine, take away the Spurs stuff entirely and you're still left with corroboration from other league sources.

I'll readily admit I don't like her but I am hoping she finds employment elsewhere so she doesn't work here. But you seem to be dismissing it out of hand as though there's the slightest possibility she just isn't the right coach for the post-Pop era.

I've made it clear I stopped rooting for her the second she didn't take a knee with the team. Was completely inexcusable to me. plus she's not the most qualified and seems just to want to break the threshold of being the first rather than sticking around to build her knowledge under Pop.

long story short, I want her out so I wish she had gotten the job.

what An absolute load of horseshit

itzsoweezee
06-28-2021, 08:04 PM
I've made it clear I stopped rooting for her the second she didn't take a knee with the team. Was completely inexcusable to me.

Wait, I don’t remember that. Was it just her or the whole coaching staff?

slick'81
06-28-2021, 09:12 PM

she stood with pop

offset formation
06-28-2021, 09:53 PM

The other coaches did. Everyone did. But she stayed standing next to Pop while crying. Pop gets a pass given who he is and as outspoken as he's been on these issues. Her? Not so much.

offset formation
06-28-2021, 09:57 PM
what An absolute load of horseshit

so your contention is that it's absolutely impossible she's rubbed ppl the wrong way around the Spurs organization? Or around the League, as the article states?

You realize that Portland's owner, a lady, publicly stated she wanted them to be "trail blazers" in hiring the first woman.

I'm well sourced on all my claims. You just seem to pull your hopes from your ass.

timtonymanu
06-28-2021, 10:02 PM
so your contention is that it's absolutely impossible she's rubbed ppl the wrong way around the Spurs organization? Or around the League, as the article states?

You realize that Portland's owner, a lady, publicly stated she wanted them to be "trail blazers" in hiring the first woman.

I'm well sourced on all my claims. You just seem to pull your hopes from your ass.

A lot of his "sources" have been wrong too. :lol I guess his source is the hot dog vendor guy.

objective
06-28-2021, 11:01 PM
The other coaches did. Everyone did. But she stayed standing next to Pop while crying. Pop gets a pass given who he is and as outspoken as he's been on these issues. Her? Not so much.

Kind of surprised that she'd care so much about the USA flag and anthem considering she sold the country out to play for Russia in the Olympics to get $$$

DMC
07-01-2021, 05:09 PM

If you've learned one thing over the past 20+ years of Pop's tenure, it should be that you cannot peg Pop using your own reasoning. Pop has his own timeline and motives, and I can imagine he would be just as motivated by having new coaching talent as having new playing talent. He's a teacher.

HankChinaski
07-02-2021, 08:12 AM
Kind of surprised that she'd care so much about the USA flag and anthem considering she sold the country out to play for Russia in the Olympics to get $$$

I thought she didn't make the USA team but wanted to compete in the olympics hence why she joined the russian squad. I would have to go back an look all this up because I am not absolutely certain on it.

Dejounte
07-02-2021, 08:24 AM
If you've learned one thing over the past 20+ years of Pop's tenure, it should be that you cannot peg Pop using your own reasoning. Pop has his own timeline and motives, and I can imagine he would be just as motivated by having new coaching talent as having new playing talent. He's a teacher.

I don’t disagree with you. I’m not suggesting my post was anything more than speculation. I enjoy digging into things deeper, and bringing fresh ideas for discussion.

DMC
07-02-2021, 08:28 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-a-NEHtWjL_w/T1QE7PGOLJI/AAAAAAAACK4/DSc7jkua_Jk/s1600/Mike-DAntoni-and-the-Pringles-Guy.jpg

K...
07-02-2021, 08:41 AM
I thought she didn't make the USA team but wanted to compete in the olympics hence why she joined the russian squad. I would have to go back an look all this up because I am not absolutely certain on it.

That's correct. It was opportunistic which is fucking USA if i ever saw it.

HankChinaski
07-02-2021, 11:37 AM
That's correct. It was opportunistic which is fucking USA if i ever saw it.
That made me laugh.

TimDunkem
07-02-2021, 12:26 PM
So pop hardly gives becky day to say stuff
What a fucking control creep

There's a reason "BeCkY DiDnT GaMEPlaN 2DaY, It wAs TIm" was suddenly a thing when Pop was ejected while Becky was lead assistant for the first time.

It was literally never a thing before that. It was always the next assistant up after Pop.

Go on. Find an instance where it wasn't Bud, Messina, etc who took over the nights when Pop was ejected. Suddenly the rules changed when it was Becky's turn.

:lmao Nuh uh. You're going to break glass ceilings when POP says it's time, bitch.

exstatic
07-02-2021, 01:35 PM

This is harsh reality.

Bret took over in the depths of The Process, and did a good job of developing the young players, but was fired for not making the ECFs. Guess what? They still haven’t made the ECFs.

Chinook
07-02-2021, 02:03 PM
There's a reason "BeCkY DiDnT GaMEPlaN 2DaY, It wAs TIm" was suddenly a thing when Pop was ejected while Becky was lead assistant for the first time.

It was literally never a thing before that. It was always the next assistant up after Pop.

Go on. Find an instance where it wasn't Bud, Messina, etc who took over the nights when Pop was ejected. Suddenly the rules changed when it was Becky's turn.

:lmao Nuh uh. You're going to break glass ceilings when POP says it's time, bitch.

I think the Spurs had a lead assistant who was the clear #2 until Messina left. Basically since then it's been the kids all jockeying for the spot. I'd imagine it's Hammond unambiguously unless some random vet like Stotts joins up.

TimDunkem
07-02-2021, 03:54 PM
I think the Spurs had a lead assistant who was the clear #2 until Messina left. Basically since then it's been the kids all jockeying for the spot. I'd imagine it's Hammond unambiguously unless some random vet like Stotts joins up.

Didn't Boylen end up coaching the couple of games Pop was ejected from during his time here? And if Becky is so great, why was she still jockeying? The whole thing is confusing. No rhyme or reason for a lot of Spurs/Pop decisions these days.

Chinook
07-02-2021, 05:11 PM
Didn't Boylen end up coaching the couple of games Pop was ejected from during his time here? And if Becky is so great, why was she still jockeying? The whole thing is confusing. No rhyme or reason for a lot of Spurs/Pop decisions these days.

Yes, but Boylen was before Messina.

Don't color me someone who assumes Becky has to be some great coach. Wouldn't know.

I do think it's weird how she didn't even get a summer league to herself. Could be a Pop thing not actually believing in her, and it could be a thing where she doesn't actually want a top spot yet and is just interviewing for experience and to try to normalize women doing that.

rjv
07-02-2021, 05:20 PM
bottom line is that nobody knows what is really up with hammon's standing. it's all just comes down to whose speculation has the best makeup or doesn't come off as to far-fetched. i guess we'll know a little more towards the start of camp.

K...
07-02-2021, 06:52 PM
my take is that pop was a bit off after kawhi and his wife so things like pushing for becky to take the next step went out the window. hiring TD was an odd thing but it think TD cared about POP and thought i was necessary but never cared about coaching.

Becky really needs to go to another big market. The spurs assistants all got hired on the backs of pop's prime. There's no sexiness around the spurs now. Of course if she is the next coach here, it's as good a job as any. She knows the guys and no one thinks they're a diva here. That's why portland did not make sense (unless they were trading lillard)

tbdog
07-03-2021, 04:47 AM
Do you guys find it somewhat strange that teams are interviewing and hiring assistant coaches while the Spurs aren't? (at least reportedly)

exstatic
07-03-2021, 09:03 AM
Yes, but Boylen was before Messina.

Don't color me someone who assumes Becky has to be some great coach. Wouldn't know.

I do think it's weird how she didn't even get a summer league to herself. Could be a Pop thing not actually believing in her, and it could be a thing where she doesn't actually want a top spot yet and is just interviewing for experience and to try to normalize women doing that.

She had the 2015 SL team. Won the title.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/7/20/9007901/nba-summer-league-scores-championship-spurs-suns-becky-hammon

Truth4sale$
07-03-2021, 09:52 AM
Do you guys find it somewhat strange that teams are interviewing and hiring assistant coaches while the Spurs aren't? (at least reportedly)

I think the Spurs like to keep it "in house", so they will likely promote an Austin Spurs coach like Blake hern or whom ever is the video coordinator

Chinook
07-03-2021, 11:18 AM
She had the 2015 SL team. Won the title.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/7/20/9007901/nba-summer-league-scores-championship-spurs-suns-becky-hammon

No. She and Hardy split that year. Hardy did Utah and Becky Vegas. Believe me, as an Anderson head, I didn't forget that year. But Becky still not getting the sole nod even the following year was odd. Very much felt like Pop not knowing which of the two he saw the most in.

K...
07-03-2021, 12:11 PM

other teams have something to play for. you could hire any coach in SA and reach the same outcome-late mid lottery. We don't have the basketball savvy (maybe white could do it) that could take advantage a high level coach so it won't matter. Spurs is a bottom 5 coaching opening that isn't even open.

Rosewood
07-03-2021, 02:35 PM
Idk names of coaches nor do I normally care, but this isn't the shooting coach that everyone touts as a top shooting teacher in the league is it??

objective
07-03-2021, 03:28 PM
I think the Spurs like to keep it "in house", so they will likely promote an Austin Spurs coach like Blake hern or whom ever is the video coordinator

Ahearn was already poached, he joined the Grizzlies as an assistant coach last year

K...
07-03-2021, 03:32 PM
Idk names of coaches nor do I normally care, but this isn't the shooting coach that everyone touts as a top shooting teacher in the league is it??

No will hardy is just a kid who started at the bottom. Its a big deal because we lost a lot of assistant coaches and have been struggling with green coaches, becky, hardy, and tim duncan.

JeffDuncan
07-03-2021, 04:19 PM

The shooting coach is Chip Engelland.

exstatic
07-03-2021, 05:45 PM
No. She and Hardy split that year. Hardy did Utah and Becky Vegas. Believe me, as an Anderson head, I didn't forget that year. But Becky still not getting the sole nod even the following year was odd. Very much felt like Pop not knowing which of the two he saw the most in.

It’s not a reward or advancement chit. Basically low assistant(s) on the totem pole pulls SL duty.

JeffDuncan
07-03-2021, 09:27 PM
It’s not a reward or advancement chit. Basically low assistant(s) on the totem pole pulls SL duty.

Lol. Gosh, the trash that gets posted here. For example, Coach Bud coached the Vegas SL team in 2010, which was his 14th year as an assistant coach. No, he was not the low man.

slick'81
07-03-2021, 09:30 PM
Lol. Gosh, the trash that gets posted here. For example, Coach Bud coached the Vegas SL team in 2010, which was his 14th year as an assistant coach. No, he was not the low man.

:rollin

exstatic
07-04-2021, 12:18 AM

Wow. You only had to go back a BIT more than a decade to find an exception. YTMND. :lol

The Truth #6
07-04-2021, 07:32 PM
bottom line is that nobody knows what is really up with hammon's standing. it's all just comes down to whose speculation has the best makeup or doesn't come off as to far-fetched. i guess we'll know a little more towards the start of camp.

Probably the best way to look at it.