PDA

View Full Version : I am devastated. A very dear friend is dying.

easjer
11-18-2005, 02:30 PM
This man has meant so much in my life. He did so much for me personally, and had so much faith in me. He was a professor of mine, and worked at the college I work for. He is a lovely, dear, funny, inspirational man who is adored by nearly everyone he's touched.

He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in August. The initial prognosis was not good (a few months) but they later decided they could do an intensive burst of radiation and chemo and try surgery. He responded beyond all expectations to the treatment. His oncologist and surgeon were amazed. The tumor was shrunken to the naked eye, and they scheduled a surgery. Everyone felt so hopeful, everything was going worlds better than expected.

This morning, they were able to remove the tumor successfully, but found that the cancer had spread to his liver. The CAT scans had not detected it. He'll be given the option to do more chemo to keep it in check, but the reality is that it's only a matter of time now.

I cannot imagine this world without this amazing human being. I am just devastated. I know no one on here knows him, and it's just a sad thing, but not everyone knows here, and we can't talk about it. I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. I know we all die, but he shouldn't have to go like this. He's a saint among men, always willing to help someone in whatever way he could.

TOP-CHERRY
11-18-2005, 02:33 PM
I am so sorry to hear that, easjer. It's always incredibly saddening when amazing people like him have to go through horrible things like this.

angel_luv
11-18-2005, 02:35 PM
I am so sorry! I will pray for you. And if you ever need to talk, I'll be a good listener. =)

SpursWoman
11-18-2005, 02:41 PM
That is incredibly sad ... I'm so sorry to hear it. :(

Kori Ellis
11-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Easjer - I'm sorry :( There's not much to say at a time like this. God bless.

My aunt died of the same type of cancer rather quickly too at the age of 45.

Vashner
11-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Best wishes to everyone involved. I can only say that when you time comes if you can look back and walked a path that was good and honest. Which is sounds like this gentleman did. That's the best way to carry on.

KEDA
11-18-2005, 03:23 PM
thats the same type of cancer that my grandfather had

my deepest sympathies to you.

2centsworth
11-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news. Sounds like a very special person.

lilmads
11-18-2005, 03:33 PM
So sorry to hear the news... Just this past week an uncle of mine also died of cancer.. I wasn't too close to him but it really sucks to hear such bad news... When you're closer it's even harder... Take good care of yourself...

samikeyp
11-18-2005, 03:34 PM
I feel for you. My thoughts and prayers go with you. My oldest and one of my closest friends in currently battling intestinal cancer and losing. Everyone here is with you.

pache100
11-18-2005, 03:34 PM
I'm so sorry this is happening to your friend. And it's not just happening to him, it's happening to all those who love him. Please keep us posted on how he is doing. I'll keep him (and you) in my thoughts and prayers.

FromWayDowntown
11-18-2005, 03:39 PM
That is devastating for anyone. But when it's someone close and when that person does good in the world, it's all the more difficult. Bless him, his family and friends in their time of need and suffering.

Always remember that your life was blessed by his presence and the fact that you saw the good that he does. Even through the pain of his illness and whatever may come, you can celebrate him and honor his legacy by remembering his life and trying to model your actions on his.

Sympathies to you, easjer.

RashoFan
11-19-2005, 03:02 AM
I am sorry to hear about the sadness in your life right now....my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friend. We are here if you need us.

CharlieMac
11-19-2005, 09:56 AM
I'm really sorry to read this. I pray, I'll send one out your way.

midgetonadonkey
11-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Jah will care for those in need of help. Everything will be alright.

Solid D
11-19-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm sorry easjer. One of the best things you can do is express your love and appreciation for him and realize the positive impact he had on you. His good qualities are things you can use as an example. May God bless your friend and his family. Perhaps this event or his influence will manifest itself into thinking about what life is really about...about our control or lack thereof. May it somehow strengthen you in your days ahead.