PDA

View Full Version : Ebi's Demise A Cautionary Lesson for All

wildbill2u
11-18-2005, 02:31 PM
John Lopez article in Houston Chronicle about local Houston player Ebi.

"NDUDI Ebi's dream is not over, but we should hope the
charade is.

There will come a time when one of Houston's greatest schoolboy basketball players will realize he was just a gullible, misinformed kid.

Maybe that time will come when the checks from the Minnesota Timberwolves stop coming next year. Maybe it will be when Ebi is hustling for $50,000 a year in Europe, but hopefully it will be sooner."

For rest of article see: http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3469569

mookie2001
11-18-2005, 02:34 PM
it will be when Ebi is hustling for $50,000 a year in Europe
poor Ndudi

ploto
11-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Teams are showing interest in signing Ebi, notably the San Antonio Spurs and Denver Nuggets.

Guess we went with Scales for now, but I wonder if when Brent and Mike come back if we might cut Alex or Melvin and try out Ebi. Look what we did with Jax.

SenorSpur
11-18-2005, 03:32 PM
I wonder if the Spurs still feel this guy is worth a look. Remember SJax!

grjr
11-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Arn Tellum

timvp
11-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Good read.

Hopefully he figures it out and is willing to work again. The Spurs would be a perfect place for him.

wildbill2u
11-18-2005, 05:57 PM
This guy has a serious attitude problem right now, probably egged on by his agent and hangers-on. I don't think you take on a project that says he ought to be starting in NBA in the face of evidence to the contrary-- such as being let go by the team that made you a high draft pick. Shouldn't this register with this kid?

There's no evidence that the Spurs made any permanent change in SJAX. Last year he went into the stands after a fan and in another incident threatened the ex-Spur coach who brought him to the Pacers. We are not a pyschological rehab institution.

The Spurs have a really good policy of getting rid of head-cases at the first opportunity. Who needs a cancer in the locker room when you can mold other players, perhaps of lesser physical ability, into the team-first attitude of our Champions?

That's why they don't run after Spreewell and some other talents. Why take a chance on breaking the machine if it ain't broke?