PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Rasho Nesterovic Sucks.

SequSpur
09-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Here are his stats from this past years playoffs:

G 10
GS 10
MPG 26.1
FG% .433
FT% .167
OFF 2.10
DEF 3.40
TOT 5.50
APG 1.0
SPG .30
BPG 1.10
TO .80
PF 3.80
PPG 5.9

The fat old lady that lives at the end of my street could play better than this.

These are the stats that matter to me most. If you can't play in the playoffs then please, gtfo.

If this guy is going to start again then someone in management should quit immediately.

Rasho is not even one ball of a David Robinson. Please don't ever let me hear of a poster compare him to the #50. I will go off.

DuffMcCartney
09-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Rasho is not even one ball of a David Robinson. Please don't ever let me hear of a poster compare him to the #50. I will go off.

Seems like you are as stupid as you look Sequ. Nobody ever compares him to David Robinson.

E20
09-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Sequ, Exactly what we ALMOST wanted. His rebounding/muscling we need more. He knows his role. Remember the 7 game road trip where TD was injured Rasho stepped up big time because they needed to score with the bigs he provided that. We're not asking for 15 and 10 from this guy and you can't blame Rasho for the playoffs.

SequSpur
09-01-2004, 12:20 AM
Are you serious?

Exactly what we wanted... a 2nd round loss to LA.... Great...

:rolleyes

With Rasho in the lineup, we have become the Timberwolves.

Early Exit.

Solid D
09-01-2004, 12:21 AM
Maybe Rasho could be the next Coyote. 8)

E20
09-01-2004, 12:23 AM
Riiiiite. With a team that had 6 original players from the 2002-2003 champion ship isn't gonna go that far. We made lot's of changes and our main problems were the 1 and 3 postions. I mean we had Ron Mercer dropped, Shane Heal dropped, Carter dropped. No real SF, No decent backup PG. Rasho had the exact season statistics as Drob did last year.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2004, 12:23 AM
Hey, I wish we had Yao Ming, Kevin Cato and Elden Campell on the Spurs last year too -- that's the only way Shaq could've been effectively slowed.

Figure out how we could've gotten all of them last season, and I'll agree the Spurs were horrible.

SequSpur
09-01-2004, 12:25 AM
We made lot's of changes and our main problems were the 1 and 3 postions. I mean we had Ron Mercer dropped, Shane Heal dropped, Carter dropped. No real SF, No decent backup PG. Rasho had the exact season statistics as Drob did last year.

Thanks for spelling it out for me. Pop's plan. $25 mill down the tube.

E20
09-01-2004, 12:26 AM
Ok Pop and RC didnt' have the best offseason, but I'm thankful we have Rasho.

danyel
09-01-2004, 12:27 AM
I'm soooo glad you posted this Sequ.

This probably means Rasho is gonna have a great season.

When have you been right about anything?

SequSpur
09-01-2004, 12:29 AM
Ron Mercer, Anthony Carter, Shane Heal, Hedo Turkoglue, Malik Rose, Garcia, Rasho Nesterovic, Charlie Ward.....

Actually I have only been wrong about Manu....

And you?

Solid D
09-01-2004, 12:29 AM
http://www.funnypetphotos.com/g/pro/lap_dog.jpg

Sequ gets a little cranky when he has to wait up so late for Pseudofan to come to bed.

SequSpur
09-01-2004, 12:32 AM
:lol

No, she bought a 5 game pack today for this coming season. So now I am forced to at least attend a few games... So I expect nothing but a championship contender, so you damn right... I am cranky and my expectations are higher, because our income was just donated to Rasho's development.

E20
09-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Sequ I guarntee you Rasho will have a break out season.

Solid D
09-01-2004, 12:35 AM
I am cranky and my expectations are higher, because our income was just donated to Rasho's development

:rollin

This is quickly becoming a "Classic Thread".

Spurminator
09-01-2004, 12:38 AM
:blah :sleepy :sleep

Das Texan
09-01-2004, 12:41 AM
:baby

timvp
09-01-2004, 12:43 AM
I am cranky and my expectations are higher, because our income was just donated to Rasho's development.

That made this thread amusing.

E20
09-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Sequ your money went to good use my prediction for Rasho's stats:

PPG 11.4
RPG 7.3
APG 2.1
TO 1.8
MPG. 28.6
FG% 48

gettym
09-01-2004, 12:50 AM
There are very few talented centers in the West... Yao.Magloire,Dampier,Miller, and then I think rasho comes... Rasho isn't great and noone thinks he is but you could be A LOT WORSE OFF

E20
09-01-2004, 12:54 AM
gettym your listing some A - list centers. We need a center to support TD.

Top Centers:
S. O'neal
Y. Ming
B.Wallace
B. Miller
E. Dampier
J. Magloire

Those are 6. Now who thinks Rasho wouldn't deserve a spot in the top 10.

SequSpur
09-01-2004, 12:55 AM
Robert Horry is a better center than Rasho and he doesn't even play center.

Solid D
09-01-2004, 02:05 AM
No, she bought a 5 game pack today for this coming season. So now I am forced to at least attend a few games... So I expect nothing but a championship contender, so you damn right... I am cranky and my expectations are higher, because our income was just donated to Rasho's development.- Sequ

It's the donation that keeps on giving, Sequ.

You'll just sell your share of the 5 games anyway, which translates into a recovery of (on the high side) $250...That's 50 games of Bowling or perhaps 30 games of bowling and one Columbia 300 bowling ball with extra small finger holes. 8)

T Park Num 9
09-01-2004, 02:47 AM
lol@ Solid D:lol

Useruser666
09-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Rasho's numbers aren't that bad. Just compare them against the Coyote not David Robinson. :p

Useruser666 :eyebrow

Slomo15
09-01-2004, 12:13 PM
FYI: Rasho Nesterovic Sucks.
I will go off.

Sequ,
Is this thread about some weird sexual fantasy of yours?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

ducks
09-01-2004, 12:24 PM
did not stephen jackson suck his first year as a spur?
yes rasho is older but he was learning the system
he proved he can do it without duncan they jujst need to do it together

tlongII
09-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Rasho is a decent center. Robert Horry SUCKS ASS!

From Way Downtown
09-01-2004, 12:35 PM
did not stephen jackson suck his first year as a spur?
yes rasho is older but he was learning the system

I don't think "learning the system" is going to make Rasho any more skilled or any less timid, which I think is Sequ's point (assuming that "Rasho sucks" is a shorthand for "Rasho lacks the skills and toughness that are required of a center on a championship caliber team.").

Stephen Jackson's numbers were bad during his first year in San Antonio, but mostly because he didn't play much (9.9 minutes per game in only 23 games) -- he didn't play much because he didn't know what was going on -- once he figured out what was going on, he got to play more minutes and, not surprisingly, his numbers improved.

Rasho, on the other hand, got plenty of opportunity last season (28.7 minutes per in 82 games), so it's not a matter of his figuring out what's up and getting on the floor more regularly. With good minutes last season, Rasho didn't do much statistically, particularly in the playoffs when the Spurs needed him the most. I'd forgive him if his numbers were just down against LA, but he had pretty paltry numbers against Memphis, which hardly has a great inside presence at the 5 spot.

I think there are some good things that Rasho did that can't necessarily be measured with numbers, but the truth is that Rasho needs to bring some numbers (rebounds and blocks, in particular) to the table if the Spurs are going to raise the gold ball in June.

gospurs21
09-01-2004, 12:56 PM
No, she bought a 5 game pack today for this coming season. So now I am forced to at least attend a few games... So I expect nothing but a championship contender, so you damn right... I am cranky and my expectations are higher, because our income was just donated to Rasho's development. - Sequ

Your income = cost of 5 game pack?

That is the saddest thing I ever heard of. Shit I can afford a 25 game pack + apt and car payment on what I make with my raspa tricycle.

I hope she didn't get the pre-season pack.

T Park Num 9
09-01-2004, 07:51 PM
(assuming that "Rasho sucks" is a shorthand for "Rasho lacks the skills and toughness that are required of a center on a championship caliber team.").

FWD

Then you should alert that to Jordan and the Bulls on there run from 96 to 98, when they had the big bruiser Luke Longley and Bill Wennington manning the middle.

Blocked shots?? Did h not average 1.50 to 2 a game last year over 8 to 9 boards a game?

I said in my article in the preseason last year, and ill say it again.

He was aproject player this year ALA Stephen Jackson.

I also said you wouldnt see the results until this season.

I will admit to being wrong, if he coms out and has a same or worse record.

From Way Downtown
09-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Blocked shots?? Did h not average 1.50 to 2 a game last year over 8 to 9 boards a game?

Sure . . . . DURING THE REGULAR SEASON.

Sequ's point (and I think its a valid one) is that Rasho disappeared during the playoffs, where he averaged less than 6 rebounds and a little more than 1 block per game. Last I checked, TPark, teams win championships with their performances during THE PLAYOFFS, and team performance is determined by the performance of individual players. The fact of the matter is that, along with several others who disappeared at playoff time (cough, cough, Hedo, cough, cough), Rasho's numbers went south in a hurry and returned to the kind of numbers he put up at playoff time in Minnesota.

All I'm saying is that the Spurs need better performances from Rasho if they're going to win titles, and agreeing that I'm skeptical about his ability to produce those kinds of performances. I certainly hope your "wait til next year" prediction is right, but I'm not willing to drink the kool-aid on that one quite yet.

Mark in Austin
09-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Then you should alert that to Jordan and the Bulls on there run from 96 to 98, when they had the big bruiser Luke Longley and Bill Wennington manning the middle.

Call me when Longley and Wennington make anywhere near Rasho money, Play Raho minutes, or are as fundamental to the Bulls defensive strategy as Rasho is to the Spurs.

T Park Num 9
09-01-2004, 09:07 PM
Luke made about 3-5 million so your gonna get a call.

Luke Longley started and averaged about 25 28 minutes, same as Rasho

Luke Longley had to guard opposing centers such as Patrick Ewing, Shaquille with the Magic, and others. Id say he had a pretty good role.

:A

From Way Downtown
09-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Luke made about 3-5 million so your gonna get a call.

my eye, he did. In 1995-96, Longley made $2.3 million. In 1996-97, he made $2.79 million (slightly above league average, which was $2.2 million) and in 1997-98 he pulled down $3.184 million (a bit more than $1.0 million over league average of $2.1 million).

It's more like he made 2-3 million during his stay with Chicago, and was right around the league average during that time.

Rasho, by comparison made $5.6 million last season, which was almost $2.0 million more than the league average ($3.783 million).

Luke Longley started and averaged about 25 28 minutes, same as Rasho

During the Bulls second three-peat, Longley averaged 24.4, 22.7, and 25.3 minutes per game during the playoffs. Rasho was at 26.1 during this year's playoffs.

Luke Longley had to guard opposing centers such as Patrick Ewing, Shaquille with the Magic, and others. Id say he had a pretty good role.

Well, Longley faced Ewing once, in the second round in 1996 (4-1 Bulls) and O'Neal once, in the East Finals in 1996 (4-0 Bulls).

But let's also remember, before we say that Longley-esque performances out of Rasho will be enough for the Spurs, that (as Mark correctly pointed out) Longley was not the focus of the Bulls defensive scheme, and that Longley played on teams with: (1) a defensive-minded, rebounding machine; and (2) a group perimeter players who were far superior, offensively, to the group the Spurs put around Rasho.

The Bulls didn't need as much out of Longley (and company) as the Spurs need out of Rasho.

spursfan4life
09-01-2004, 10:56 PM
I THINK RASHO STILL NEEDS TIME TO ADDAPT TO SAN ANTONIO STYLE OF PLAY. BECAUSE HE DID COME FROM MINNESOTA AND THEY PLAY TOTALY DIFFERENT. BESIFES RASHO HAS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE INTIRE WORLD PLAYING BESIDE HIM (TIM DUNCAN) AND CAN ONLY GET BETTERE. AND NOW THAT SHAQ IS GONE FROM THE WEST LOOK FOR RASHO'S NUMBERS TO IMPROVE FROM LAST YEARS................

SequSpur
09-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Comparing the Bulls to the Spurs??

Are you fucking high?

Jordan is the best player ever. Duncan might break the top 50. Totally different roles.

The Bulls validated on every occasion.. The Spurs haven't. Post Robinson, the Spurs haven't done shit.

Rasho is the same player he was in Minnesota. Shitty. I am calling it like it is. You want to know the weakness. Its Rasho. The point guard situation will be discussed next week.

FWD, you are exactly right. His skills are lacking to make the Spurs a legitimate contender. He will not improve on his weaknesses. He will always get killed by Nowitski, Garnett, Ming, and Shaq in a playoff matchup.

Mark in Austin
09-01-2004, 11:38 PM
When you compare playoff numbers to regular season numbers, I wouldn't be suprised if the only player who had a bigger dropoff than Rasho was Keith Van Horrible.

Justifying Rasho's performance by comparing him to Longley is like saying that paying a lot of money for a shitty SUV is okay because there are cheap minivans that are shitty too.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2004, 11:45 PM
So you guys wanted Olowokandi?

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
09-02-2004, 12:03 AM
I think Rasho main problem is Tim Duncan. I mean if Tim gets 22-11 night in night out, It's almost impossible for Rasho to have impressive numbers, otherwise the Spurs would dominate.

The main thing for Rasho to change is his toughness, he needs to show more energy, a little more of fighting wouldn't be bad.

And, remember, this year Shaq is in the East...

Solid D
09-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Sequ, you are right...
Psyche!!!! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

SequSpur
09-02-2004, 12:08 AM
I think Rasho main problem is Tim Duncan.

Exactly! He should quit! He will never do shit standing in the shadows of Garnett and Duncan.....

LMAO.

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
09-02-2004, 12:14 AM
No, but his salary shouldn't be as the current one. He should accept his role as a guy that will score and rebound a lot only when TD is injured. Of course, it's not his fault that the Spurs offered him such contract.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2004, 12:18 AM
Who exactly sets market value for NBA players?

Message board wonks?

SequSpur
09-02-2004, 12:18 AM
Dude, if you're 7 foot tall, you are going to get a contract.

That's it, he is 7 foot. I mean, that's it...

T Park Num 9
09-02-2004, 12:20 AM
Comparing the Bulls to the Spurs??

Are you fucking high?

Jordan is the best player ever. Duncan might break the top 50. Totally different roles.

The Bulls validated on every occasion.. The Spurs haven't. Post Robinson, the Spurs haven't done shit.

Rasho is the same player he was in Minnesota. Shitty. I am calling it like it is. You want to know the weakness. Its Rasho. The point guard situation will be discussed next week.

FWD, you are exactly right. His skills are lacking to make the Spurs a legitimate contender. He will not improve on his weaknesses. He will always get killed by Nowitski, Garnett, Ming, and Shaq in a playoff matchup.
Just Win Baby!

Duncan might break the top 50 huh, the best player on the planet RIGHT NOW!!

But he barely breaks the top 50? Thats big of you.......

He gets killed by Nowitski Garnett and Shaq??

DUH WHO DOESNT!??!?!

AND ANOTHER THING DUMBFUCK HE DOESNT PLAY THE SAME POSTION AS NOWITSKI OR GARNETT YOU IMPTENT SMALL FRY MORON!!!!

God, the idiocy you spew here rivals NBADan's in the political forum.

Post Robinson?? Wow one whole season!! WHEW!!!

SequSpur
09-02-2004, 12:24 AM
You're wacked.

Duncan never guards the top big man on the court. Why? So he stays in the game. Rasho always guards the big man.

Do you have a Rasho jersey?

Answer the question......

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
09-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Should be set by performances, but the Spurs were in need of a big man. Rasho numbers in Minnesotta weren't impressive.

Mark in Austin
09-02-2004, 05:38 AM
Who exactly sets market value for NBA players?

Just because the market established a price doesn't mean I can't complain - especially if he's not even playing up to the minimal expectations that we had for him.

Just because he was the best center out there when we needed one doen't mean we should be satisfied with shitty performances.

xcoriate
09-02-2004, 05:48 AM

Sequ's in denial...

Kevin Kaster
09-02-2004, 07:03 AM
FYI: Rasho Nesterovic Sucks.

Finally, Lakers and Spurs fans can agree.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Just because the market established a price doesn't mean I can't complain - especially if he's not even playing up to the minimal expectations that we had for him.Really, what were your expectations?

That he would be a beast against Shaq?

That he would average a double double in the playoffs?

Rasho is what he is. There are other players on the team who fell much farther below any realistic expectations than Rasho last year.

Maybe you expected Kandi?

T Park Num 9
09-02-2004, 11:36 AM
Duncan never guards the top big man on the court. Why? So he stays in the game. Rasho always guards the big man

He guards the opposing team's center, NOT there star power forward.

Rasho does not guard Nowitzki, he does not guard Garnett.

Chump

Im thinking they wanted 12 and 20 from the guy.

Sequ, once again,

WHO WOULD YOU HAVE SIGNED THAT SUMMER INSTEAD!!!!

:Q

Man in Black1
09-02-2004, 12:29 PM

If Sequ was 5 feet tall then maybe he wouldn't see so many short jokes :)

AS it stands. Olowokandi still sucks and for all the bitching Sequ does, he should know that .4 determined Rasho's fate. Had that shot not fallen, then the Spurs would be champs and then people could say that he did enough. But that is what's wrong with sports fans today...WHEN SHIT GOES WRONG>THEY BITCH FOR A REASON WHY.

Rasho over Olowokandi any day of the week including Sundays.

:brotha

Solid D
09-02-2004, 01:10 PM
True MIB, however Rasho spent much of his time soaking up the fouls the Shaq draws on whoever defends him. In three of the six games vs. the Lakers, Rasho used 5 fouls. Rasho's team D in the first two games also had something to do with the Lakers abandonment of the Triple-post offense.

Once the Lakers changed things up offensively and defensively (lane slough), Pop felt he had to play Horry the major floor time over Rasho, Malik and Kevin.

SequSpur
09-02-2004, 09:17 PM
Finding a way to give Rasho credit is ludicrous.....

There is no hope for you homers.

E20
09-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Sequ OK. You wanted to sign Kidd with the 25 MIL last year right? Then who would have played Center? No good Centers around back in 2003 FA period. Spurs FO did the best thing possible.

SequSpur
09-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Anybody could play center as good or better than Rasho. The dude has a little success because HE IS A FUCKING PRODUCT OF WHAT TIMMAY MAKES HIM.

Tim makes everyone better, because he relieves the pressure, now if some lame ass could make a shot besides him, we would have plenty more titles.

Rasho blows.