PDA

View Full Version : Time to fill the Dome

decendant of alamo battle
11-19-2005, 01:45 AM
Tickets are half priced so fill the Dome for the Lions game and show them fans in Louisiana who has to pay full price for theirs that the A Dome will be full while the Tiger Stadium will not be.

samikeyp
11-19-2005, 01:46 AM
Mayor Hardburger

:lol

Nice. :)

exstatic
11-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Benson would rather have a half full dome than cut the ticket prices in half.

My prediction: ~40,000

Vashner
11-19-2005, 03:25 PM
I looked on Ticketmaster and they where still full price??

exstatic
11-19-2005, 03:42 PM
He's spoofing you. They didn't cut prices. He's a La. Saints fan, and wants to see SA fail.

2centsworth
11-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Tickets are half priced so fill the Dome for the Lions game and show them fans in Louisiana who has to pay full price for theirs that the A Dome will be full while the Tiger Stadium will not be.
English please.

Horry For 3!
11-19-2005, 09:44 PM
That would be fucked up if they did make it half price. Because of people who bought it full price like me.

TheWriter
11-20-2005, 12:15 AM
Considering tickets go as low as 10 dollars in Baton Rouge and they barely get 30,000 people to go see an NFL game... very sad.

What's sadder is bitter, lonely, and sad Saints fans at SaintsReport.com spreading false rumors about tickets being half price when they're not.

SA210
11-20-2005, 10:32 AM
^^^ what's the ticket count so far for Dec. 24?

decendant of alamo battle
11-22-2005, 03:07 PM
http://saintsreport.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1842515

Oh, Gee!!
11-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Fuck the Saints and Benson. I hope they play not one game in SA next year

TheWriter
11-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Did you see that one thread... where um... a Saints... um... official... said no discounts have been offered.

Um... shut the fuck up jerkoff.

Extra Stout
11-23-2005, 10:57 AM
The Saints? You mean that team with the lowlife used-car salesman owner who tried to make San Antonio take all the heat for his desire to bail on his neighbors in their time of need?

You mean the guy who made S.A. look like a bunch of vultures when he had his eyes focused on Los Angeles the whole time?

Folks who have tickets to the Lions game should try to get refunds. There are better things to do on Christmas Eve, such as standing out in the cold rain, spending time with an irritating in-law, babysitting hyperactive undisciplined 3-year-olds, getting crushed in a crowd at the mall, having a reindeer land on you, or setting your house on fire with makeshift luminarias.

F the Aints.

I have an even better idea. Throw footballs into the windshields of his dealership inventory. F'ing fatass scum.

j-6
11-23-2005, 11:09 AM
You forgot about the McCheese humping Benson's leg for the whole country to see. It's funny how clear everything looks two months later. I oughta go bump some of those Saints threads where you, me, MB, and SWC Bonfire were absolutely villified for not taking all the spoonfed bullshit of Hardberger and Benson.

Extra Stout
11-23-2005, 11:12 AM
You forgot about the McCheese humping Benson's leg for the whole country to see. It's funny how clear everything looks two months later. I oughta go bump some of those Saints threads where you, me, MB, and SWC Bonfire were absolutely villified for not taking all the spoonfed bullshit of Hardberger and Benson.
San Antonio's like the insecure single woman who puts out on the first date because she thinks it will make him love her.

Oh, Gee!!
11-23-2005, 11:26 AM
I have been saying the same thing that ES is saying. Benson is a fucking snake that used our city to get his big payday in L.A.

Extra Stout
11-23-2005, 02:20 PM
I have been saying the same thing that ES is saying. Benson is a fucking snake that used our city to get his big payday in L.A.We agree on something??!!

DOES... NOT... COMPUTE...

TILT

TILT

TILT

Oh, Gee!!
11-23-2005, 02:29 PM
you're annoying

Extra Stout
11-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks. I try.

baseline bum
11-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Nah. I hope San Antonio gives him 30,000 or less just like Red Stick since he bailed on us. Better yet, make them play in the parking lot like their practices.

Sports Writer JJ
11-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Hey guys, they are in fact giving half price tickets in San Antonio.

They are not giving half price tickets in Baton Rouge.

It is not a matter of wanting San Antonio to fail. We want our owner to give Louisiana a Chance to keep the team but he is stacking the deck.

The following posts I make to show Benson's Character, not to attack the fine city of San Antonio in any way.

The first game in The Almodome Benson donated 8000 tickets to displaced people of Katrina, at no point in Baton Rouge (whose population had doubled because of Katrina) have any Hurricane evacuees been offered any tickets for free.

There are NO $10.00 tickets in Baton Rouge, I dont know where you heard that, and its not true. The Absolute cheapest you can get are the $25.00 plus delivery in the EU section (uhh, the SUPER nose bleeds)

The half price tickets are not a "Public price" as I understand it, because All hell would break lose if it got out that the Tickets for San Antonio and not for Baton Rouge.

Letters were sent to Various Companies and Organizations in San Antonio to offer these tickets (its $30.00 for the $55.00 tickets as I understand it)

Please understand guys that out cries are cries of frustration, Benson is bending us over and hammering us... He has rigged ticket sales for Baton Rouge since Day one to ENSURE that we have low turn outs and very few people really know whats going on.

He has deliberately understaffewd the baton Rouge office and even had disconnected phone service for a long long time.

The Will call windows were understaffed... The first game in Baton Rouge some people had to wait 3 hours (after being sent to the wrong window [actually a trailor] twice) to get thier tickets.

There has been very very minimal advertising for the games in Baton Rouge.

People are being fired and resigning at an alarming rate in the organization.

So please accept my apology as a Louisianan and a New Orleans Saints fan is someone lashes out at you guys about this, and understand our plight, that after so many people lost loved ones, thier homes, thier businesses and thier lives in Katrina, that Benson is trying to move our Saints too.

We are frustrated, our Teams owner is Fucking us, everyone turns a deaf ear to the truth and blames the fans in Baton Rouge for a 30,000 attendence.

If I may ask you guys one question,

Having heard all the talking points about the team, and its moving, ask yourselves a few questions:

Do you really want a losing team like the Saints?

Do you really want a pro team owned by Tom Benson?

Can you have a little compassion for frustrated New Orleans Saints fans who have lost so much already and are now losing our team as well?

exstatic
11-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Letters were sent to Various Companies and Organizations in San Antonio to offer these tickets (its $30.00 for the $55.00 tickets as I understand it)

Very conveniently AND unprovable. The lawfirm where I work was on the email routing for the first sales pitch, where they offered regular one game tickets, and 3 game packs. Haven't heard ANYTHING about half price tickets, and they would have passed it down if they had gotten word. This is a myth, propagated by bitter Saints fans to explain why we can pack a dome twice (pre Benson jilting) and you can't put fannies in the seats in BR.

He has deliberately understaffewd the baton Rouge office and even had disconnected phone service for a long long time.

The Will call windows were understaffed... The first game in Baton Rouge some people had to wait 3 hours (after being sent to the wrong window [actually a trailor] twice) to get thier tickets.

And yet, even in the second half, the stadium still had (drumroll) ~30K people. Nice try, but a weak excuse. People didn't buy them. It's funny that you think the deck is stacked in our favor. Benson had to fire Fielkow because he was "slow handing" ticket sales here.

Do you really want a losing team like the Saints?

Do you really want a pro team owned by Tom Benson?

Right back atcha, 'cause if the Saints come back, so does their owner. If he sells, they're going to LA. You're NEVER getting a Saints team without Benson.

I've always had a theory that the good people of The Big Easy do not love the Saints. Rather, they hate them, and need them more now than ever to kick around. I've seen plenty of other bad teams, but at no time have I ever seen fans of another team put paper bags over their heads.

Mr. Ash
11-26-2005, 10:14 PM
The Absolute cheapest you can get are the $25.00 plus delivery in the EU section (uhh, the SUPER nose bleeds)

I see the EU seats as $15 face. Do you mean $25 including delivery?

I have friends in the employee benefits areas (employee discounts and events) of two of the larger corporations in San Antonio, and neither has heard of this offer. My company (a very large employer) has also not released any information about this offer. Can you expand on "Various Companies", or was this just a rumor you heard?

So please accept my apology as a Louisianan and a New Orleans Saints fan is someone lashes out at you guys about this, and understand our plight, that after so many people lost loved ones, thier homes, thier businesses and thier lives in Katrina, that Benson is trying to move our Saints too.

I have nothing but sympathy for the people of New Orleans, and I have donated my time and my money to your cause, as has the city and people of San Antonio. I don't really take the childish attitude of a handful of football fans (not you specifically) on a small internet site personally.

exstatic
11-27-2005, 12:04 AM
I see the EU seats as $15 face. Do you mean $25 including delivery?

Don't interfere with his pitty party with a few mere facts.

All I've seen so far from these losers at SR is lies, and excuses as to why it's SO hard to support their team, and what a bad, bad man Tom Benson is. That's not supporting your team, that's bitching and moaning. Get your ass to whatever Tickemaster outlet, or box office that you need to, wait in line as long as you need to, pay your measley $15 and get your ass in those stands. Period.

SA210
11-27-2005, 11:11 AM
How many sold so far for Dec 24th game?

McKenzie
11-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Don't interfere with his pitty party with a few mere facts.

All I've seen so far from these losers at SR is lies, and excuses as to why it's SO hard to support their team, and what a bad, bad man Tom Benson is. That's not supporting your team, that's bitching and moaning. Get your ass to whatever Tickemaster outlet, or box office that you need to, wait in line as long as you need to, pay your measley $15 and get your ass in those stands. Period.

LOL...I love this post.

Oh, and my employer is a corporate sponsor. We haven't been offered any ticket deals, either. SR does it again.

j-6
11-27-2005, 01:21 PM
I was emailed these two pictures after I blogged about the BR/SA ticket situation following the Dolphins game. Notice the spelling of "Alamadome" over the NFL logo.

http://www.lucky-trader.com/flyer2.jpg
http://www.lucky-trader.com/flyerbot.jpg

exstatic
11-27-2005, 02:15 PM
How many sold so far for Dec 24th game?

They're not releasing numbers. My attendance guess, based on the LONG interval between games 2 and 3, the holiday weekend, and Benson's cold feet would be about 40,000 for the game.

Between Benson's utter silence, and Tagliabue's endless yammering about how shitty an NFL market we are, people are losing interest in a team that's likely headed to LA anyway, if not next year, then soon afterwards.

Look at this as a dress rehearsal. After all, the Spurs weren't the first NBA team to play regular season games here in SA, either. The Rockets had that honor. I still think Jacksonville is in play. They've done the cease-fire with their city council, but their stadium naming rights (Alltel) expire in '07 and the city definitely wants a piece of that. Their (college) stadium has gaping empty sections on Sundays, and their city is fighting them on naming rights cash for EVERYTHING, including the two touchdown clubs. They can fill a stadium here every Sunday, and sell naming rights to the bathrooms for all San Antonio will care. Sell the suites, name each seat, name the stadium the Jaguar Motor Car Company Dome.

McKenzie
11-27-2005, 09:32 PM
What a drag all of this is. *sigh*

I personally think that the NFL should make up loses to the Saints by giving them a stable, nearly normal, playing field for the next 2 years, with the firm option to go back to NOLA if the city is ready in '07. Leave them in SA while the people of Louisiana make a conserted effort to rebuild and regain what they need to keep a team. That gives NOLA a fighting chance. It also gives the organization time to regain lost monies that will exceed the $20 mil lost on season tickets for '05, and GOD knows how much more in the relocation receipe. That includes all losses suffered by Benson and any employee, be they ticket folks or million dollar baby players. We would re-look the scene after '07. If NOLA can't take the team back, then and only then should TAG look at a new home for the then de-frocked, de-black&gold, de-fleur-de-lies-Saints, as the colors and rights would stay at home for an expansion in the future.

Face it. SA is in a better postion right now to sell tickets than those in dire strights in LA. I say we host these guys until NOLA can prove that there will be a significant home to return to. If that effort fails, then and only then should TAG get to plunk an NFL team where he likes.

All those people calling US vultures for offering a home? What the fuck do you call TAG in this gig? All he wants is to put a team in L.A. and his turkey buzzard ass has been flying over the Saints for some time.

exstatic
11-27-2005, 10:10 PM
The players are starting to get pissy about it now. These guys want to be IN ONE PLACE, and I can't blame them. There are STILL hints being dropped about a split schedule. They want their families with them, and some stability and a place to call homefield.

If we get the FULL schedule here, I'm in for season tix, even though I know they probably won't stay. Otherwise, I probably won't go. I think people attended a partial schedule this year because of both the novelty, and the hope of more. Without either of those, a partial schedule will be a DAMN tough sell here. Just play the fucking schedule in BR, and leave us out of it. The sad thing would be to see preseason game crowds there. It may number in the hundreds.

McKenzie
11-27-2005, 10:18 PM
I side with naming SA as the home site for 2 reasons:

1) Player stability and the end of an endless road game.
2) A better ecomony to help recap loses to the organization.

I'd love to walk away with the SAINTS, but in all fairness, they should be allowed to go home for that first right. Then they become an option for us or whatever. We still would get a bunch of "playing time" under our belts for the future of NFL in this city.

McKenzie
11-27-2005, 10:22 PM
Additionally, I'd like to see a full schedule as well. After watching Ernie Conwell in pre-game interviews, it seems the players are becoming more aggressive in their stance to find a stable home. Not many of these NO players/staffers can afford to be paying double rent/morgages as they most assuredly are cuurently. Hope the league does something before the guys REALLY get pissed off.

CubanMustGo
11-27-2005, 11:38 PM
It's really amazing how the NBA is overjoyed to have the Hornets playing a full season in OKC ... THIS YEAR ... while those losers in the NFL front office are STILL jerking the Saints around for NEXT YEAR.

Hell, NBA.com even calls them the NO/OKC Hornets.

McKenzie
11-27-2005, 11:51 PM
It's really amazing how the NBA is overjoyed to have the Hornets playing a full season in OKC ... THIS YEAR ... while those losers in the NFL front office are STILL jerking the Saints around for NEXT YEAR.

Hell, NBA.com even calls them the NO/OKC Hornets.

The Hornets picked that name as soon as they arrived in OKC. They have been working against the SAINTS from day 1. They have a far different agenda.....lol....mostly a stance that does NOT include the plight of the SAINTS. Anything the SAINTS did, the Hornets went against. Research it. Check it out. The Hornets have been very fair weathered. They could give a fuck about Nawlins.

Screw the Hornets. They do not have any alligence to the NFL or the SAINTS. Let them forge whatever relationship with whomever at this point.

exstatic
11-28-2005, 12:57 AM
That's probably because the NBA doesn't feel like it got caught with it's hand in the cookie jar, and feels less guilt of a New Orleans-less league. Tagliabue has had a hard on for the Saints for a while.

Sports Writer JJ
11-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Very conveniently AND unprovable. The lawfirm where I work was on the email routing for the first sales pitch, where they offered regular one game tickets, and 3 game packs. Haven't heard ANYTHING about half price tickets, and they would have passed it down if they had gotten word. This is a myth, propagated by bitter Saints fans to explain why we can pack a dome twice (pre Benson jilting) and you can't put fannies in the seats in BR.

And yet, even in the second half, the stadium still had (drumroll) ~30K people. Nice try, but a weak excuse. People didn't buy them. It's funny that you think the deck is stacked in our favor. Benson had to fire Fielkow because he was "slow handing" ticket sales here.

Right back atcha, 'cause if the Saints come back, so does their owner. If he sells, they're going to LA. You're NEVER getting a Saints team without Benson.

I've always had a theory that the good people of The Big Easy do not love the Saints. Rather, they hate them, and need them more now than ever to kick around. I've seen plenty of other bad teams, but at no time have I ever seen fans of another team put paper bags over their heads.

The almost half price tickets have been proven. If you dont believe it call the number on the flier and ask for that special.

Seriously guys I have tried my best to be civil, classy, and respectful of your board and explain our position, and have even offered an apology for the fans that do not act like this and I get blasted non stop from you guys.

We put 65K in the first game before benson pulled his "My life's in danger" act.

You call us whiners, and dismiss everything we say as lies.

Mr Ash, Yes I meant $25.00 after deliever... My fault. Honest mistake.

exstatic, I am not asking for a pity party but the end of classless unneccessary tourching like you have done.

By the way Fielkow was fired for going public with Bensons plan to move to San Antonio, I will post media links that discuss this. Not only was he not "Slow handing" Ticket sales in SA, He offered discounts on the first game and gave away 8000 tickets.

Since Fielkows firing there have been a rash of resignations ion the organization in protest to things benson is doing. The media you hear about the team, about Louisiana and about benson, Is simply Benson propaganda. the media about this is far different outside SA than it is inside SA.

Now I will admit the Baton Rouge area has not supported the team like we really needed them to. But there are MANY reasons why. and they are reasons not excuses. You can dismiss them as whining or a pity party as much as you want but that does not make them no less true. You cite the attendence for 2 games this season, but do not mention before the hurricane we had 36 consecutive sell outs. Thats is a VERY large sign of support, not to mention we have always had very strong attendence for almost 40 years despite 40 years of very sub par football. I think the track record really speaks for itself.

You call them excuses, in a classless manor in my opinion, Do you not think that the Hurricane temporarily put Saints fans in a Financial strain? Do you not think that it Temporarily displaced many many fans? How are those not legitimate reasons?

Do you honestly believe that benson Did not Fully intend to move the team to SA? Do you not think that is a very very poor thing to do to the City that made him so much money. You dont think he stecked the deck in SA's favor? Media outlets everywhere around the country do.

Please let the senseless attacks cease, and we can talk about this like civilized adults, and not like a bunch of Jets fans (there was 2 stabbings and 7 or 8 arrests at the Jets game Sunday) I have never said anything negative about your city or its fans, I have come here to make you aware of what benson is doing or at least is intending to do. I came here to plead the case of Louisiana Saints fans who have not been able to catch a single break since August 30 and I have tried to do so tastefully and respectfully.

If you want facts, Please read the following links before replying:

http://denverpost.com/sports/ci_3260717
http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-4/1133247918104430.xml
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5103186
http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-4/113169397889570.xml
http://www.nola.com/newslogs/breakingtp/index.ssf?/mtlogs/nola_Times-Picayune/archives/2005_11_09.html#092892
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA20051109.02C.watercooler.page2.28c39b6.html
http://reg.timesrecordnews.com/trn/web/loginForm?from=www.timesrecordnews.com/trn/sp_pro_football/article/0,1891,TRN_5727_4221854,00.html
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/football/nfl/stories/MYSA110405.1D.FBNsaints.benson.254ddee.html
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-051103pierson,1,6176355.column?ctrack=1&cset=true
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051104/SPORTS/511040331/1001/SPORTS
http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-20/113108674646490.xml
http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051102/SPORTS/511020305/1006
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NO/9016899
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/110105dntexsasaints.16d88f71.html
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jonah_freedman/10/31/the.rant/index.html
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2208747&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/051028
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051027/COL0504/510270346/1177/SPORTS
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/oconnor/2005-10-24-keeping-score-saints_x.htm
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jeffri_chadiha/10/25/nfl.lessons/1.html
http://www.wwltv.com/sports/stories/WWL101705Commentary.104de4180.html
http://www.wwltv.com/sports/saints/stories/WWL101705commentarytwo.105048a2c.html

I apologize for the length of the post, I was however tired of being called a liar and a whiner.

Please carefully review the links I have provided, I can provide more if this is not convincing. Again I have nothing negative to say about your city or the fans here, Those of you that objectionately discussed the issue with out the classless name calling thanks you, I hope these links are proof enough that we are not lying. I apologize again if any New Orleans Saints fan has lashed out at you. Please understand that Benson has done his best to sabatoge The Saints staying in Louisiana, and we are not just "whining about it" We have been very proactive in contacting league officals as well as area media, raising money to make other fans aware of what is happening.

If you guys want me to go away, If I am a fly in your soup type inconvience, just tell me, and I will leave.

But Please stop calling the Fans that have lost thier homes and Family member in the hurricane Whiners because we are tired of Benson trying to screw us over.

Sports Writer JJ
11-30-2005, 12:48 PM
A little more info from you guys,even though I am branded a "Liar" Take it as you wish, or dismiss me, but this is true.

Benson has no interest in moving the Team to LA.

He is trying to set up his inheritence. He has a trust set up to be the beneficiary when he dies and rita will run the trust. Rita lives in SA, has other business interests there and wanted to move the team there for her.

This way she is able to avoid the inheritence tax.

If Benson sells the team he will have to pay 10's of millions of dollars in capitol gains taxes.

He has been planning to move the team to SA for years and has had various obsticles. The hurricane gave him an out. He is trying to use it.

The NFL offices are VERY displeased with SA's mayor and his various comments that created a shitstorm. He may have cost SA the chance of ever having an NFL team.

Extra Stout
11-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Seriously guys I have tried my best to be civil, classy, and respectful of your board and explain our position, and have even offered an apology for the fans that do not act like this and I get blasted non stop from you guys.
Isn't the long-term future of the Saints pretty much set now? They'll be in Los Angeles by 2009 at the latest. The only question is where they'll play in the meantime.

So, what's the point of pleading your case to San Antonians? Are you also performing this act on Laker boards?

Since Fielkows firing there have been a rash of resignations ion the organization in protest to things benson is doing. The media you hear about the team, about Louisiana and about benson, Is simply Benson propaganda. the media about this is far different outside SA than it is inside SA. Apparently it's also different outside Louisiana.

What I'm reading and hearing from a vantage point neither in S.A. nor Louisiana is that New Orleans is several years away from completing even the cleanup stage, that half the residents of Orleans Parish are gone permanently, that the tourism and convention economy essentially has been destroyed for the forseeable future, and that the destruction of the New Orleans economy is having a ripple effect on all of Louisiana such that the state government may go bankrupt.

I'm reading and hearing that nobody really knows where the reconstruction money is going to come from, that Congress is reeling from constituents' protests at the notion of sending hundreds of billions of dollars to Louisiana, and thus is being very stingy with the purse strings.

I'm reading and hearing that geologists can't even agree on whether it's feasible to reconstruct a metropolitan area of 1+ million on the existing site, and that the New Orleans of the future may be more of a Mobile in terms of scale, at best.

What's understood is that all of this talk about returning to New Orleans is just lip service so as not to appear insensitive to people who have lost everything; meanwhile, the business case for professional sports in the region has evaporated, perhaps forever.

The "sensitive" way to handle this from a PR standpoint is to announce a temporary relocation with a full commitment to return to New Orleans once it is ready, which of course it never will be. Then, a few years down the road, the "temporary" relocation becomes permanent. This is how the NBA has handled the Hornets, who obviously are in Oklahoma City for good. Benson and the NFL have bungled it and ended up with egg on their faces.

It's also understood that relocation of the Saints to San Antonio is not going to happen, because right now Benson is dependent upon Tagliabue and the other owners to survive (Benson won't even be able to acquire players without help), and they won't let him move anyplace but Southern California. San Antonio saw the handwriting on the wall with respect to L.A. and so broke protocol with regard to "sensitivity" and tried to swoop in and pickpocket the team.

Hardberger et al. expressed quite tactlessly what folks already know: the Saints are finished in New Orleans and will be relocated. You can villify Benson, but Tagliabue, for all his platitudes, isn't bringing them back.

You call them excuses, in a classless manor in my opinion, Do you not think that the Hurricane temporarily put Saints fans in a Financial strain? Do you not think that it Temporarily displaced many many fans? How are those not legitimate reasons?
I would not disagree that circumstances have created a financial strain and that many have been displaced, but I would disagree that the situation is temporary.

I don't think the problem is that Saints fans are being disloyal or failing to step up to the plate, I think the problem is that Katrina destroyed the economy and there's no way the region can support professional football again in my lifetime. It sucks, it's tragic, but that's the hand reality has dealt.

But arguing these things with San Antonians has become a moot point because they're not getting the Saints either. They're going to Los Angeles.

Extra Stout
11-30-2005, 01:23 PM
Benson has no interest in moving the Team to LA.
But he's not in total control anymore. Without assistance from the league, the team won't stay afloat long enough to move it anywhere.

So either Benson does what Tagliabue wants, or the Saints go bankrupt.

The NFL offices are VERY displeased with SA's mayor and his various comments that created a shitstorm. He may have cost SA the chance of ever having an NFL team.
:rolleyes Money talks. If S.A. builds a revenue-rich stadium, all this will be water under the bridge.

Of course, building a stadium is a pretty huge "if." I might die an old man without it ever happening.

Sports Writer JJ
11-30-2005, 02:42 PM
Extra stout, I think your assessment of Congress's concerns and stinginess is dead on. The issue is compounded by the history in my state of corrupt and inept polticians and more fiscal waste than you can shake a stick at. The pork Laden bill our elected officals initially sent to congress was a joke and laughable. after that thats when things got bleaker for our case for federal assistance.

The geology information that is being kicked around now is comepletely skewed and accellerated. The information assumes no efforts by the Nation and state will be made to slow or circumvent the problems. There is plenty of other geologists that have differing opinions. Today the Feds said they will pay for the levees to be constructed proplerly. With the $$ they have already dumped into NO they are not going to turn thier backs on it... Especially with Congressional elections upcoming. NO is rebuilding and getting back online faster than the doom and gloom media is reporting and things are not as bad as some make it out to be. There is still a lot of work to be done in NO, but conservative estimates put us at half a million people in the greater NO metro area by the end of 2007. Numbers I hear say the current population is nearing 100K including the surrounding areas. Also there are a lot of people commuting from BR because they are waiting for housing in NO. In the next few months as remodeling and new construction of housing begins nearing completetion we will start seeing signifigant population growth.

As far as benson having to do what tags says, I understand there are all kinds of legal implications, but you may be right, the team may end up in LA by 2009 and there may be nothing benson can do about it. However with all of the public statements from Tags assuring that he wants to keep The Saints in the Gulf region, i believe him and here is why. Prior to the Hurricane the gulf South region was the NFL's fourth biggest TV market. Although the Saints are not an elite franchise by any means we have always been in the top half of revenue. And i believe we make more money than just about any team in a "small market."

i understand your mayor says there is no way he will build Benson a staduim.

I actually first came to the Spurstalk board because I was hearing of "board wars" LOL if you will. the arguements between posters at SR.com and the posters here, I came to see what was going on and I thought the whole thing was silly, so I tried to explain what was going on in Louisiana and offered an apology for any Louisiana fan that may have gone overboard. Since then I have been shocked at the perception of most people in SA of whats going on in the State and in the Organization. So I was hoping to bridge some gaps, but I guess I am not much of a diplomat because i dont seem to be building any understanding between us.

So the only thing i really disagree on is your accessment of the economy here. We suffered some set back but we will be back on track by mid 2007. The populations numbers may be lower than they were, but we will certainly have a NFL team sustainable population in the very near future. There are not other teams around NO for a good while and there are TONS of Saints fans all over the state of Louisiana and in Mississippi and in Alabama. They were not and are still not drawing from just the New Orleans area.

I think tags will give NO a chance to be profitable before he gives up on it, unlike Benson, and I think NO will be profitable for the organization and the NFL.

For the record, I think there is a strong chance either the chargers or the Jags will move to LA for different reasons... I understand that the League really likes the idea of the Chargers going to LA because LA is close enough to SD to not alientate the existing fans... I hear it all hinges on SD building a new staduim or not so it looks like that will be up to the City of SD (thats speculation, not fact, from some one who is in the know enough to make such a speculation) so take that with a grain of salt. As a Saints fan I am an eternal optimist.

i was and still am shocked and appauled at the dismissal of Louisiana fans and calling us Liars and whiners. I really thought that was unneccessary. thanks for a well thought out valid response with out unnesseccarily flaming me. If you think discussing it with San Antonians is a moot point, I will leave you guys in peace now.

Good luck to your World Champion Spurs! Ginobili is the man!

Sports Writer JJ
11-30-2005, 03:04 PM
Lastly I would like to say, the NFL does a lot of commericals about "community" and they claim thats what is most important to them.

They have a chance right now to Help an NFL community in need. We need businesses to stay in New Orleans and rebuild, not to close up shop and move.

If the Saints leave NO it will be a devistaing and irrespnsible blow to area business. the team bring a LOT of revenure into the area. Revenure that is certainly sorely needed at this difficult time.

So is the NFL "Community" just a PR ploy or are theyy a caring organization?

We will know for sure sometime between now and 2009.

Extra Stout
11-30-2005, 04:00 PM
However with all of the public statements from Tags assuring that he wants to keep The Saints in the Gulf region, i believe him and here is why. Prior to the Hurricane the gulf South region was the NFL's fourth biggest TV market. Although the Saints are not an elite franchise by any means we have always been in the top half of revenue. And i believe we make more money than just about any team in a "small market."
I dispute the assertion that the Saints TV market is #4. They are broadcast in all of Louisiana except Shreveport when the Cowboys conflict, all of Mississippi except the Memphis suburbs, and greater Mobile, AL. That area has fewer than 8 million people. Or are you including other teams' markets in the "Gulf South?"

Sports Writer JJ
11-30-2005, 04:16 PM
I should reread These long posts more carefully...

the gulf south has the fourth highest TV ratings, not markets...

I believe this is from one of the links I posted, but I'd have to search for it to be sure.

I'll be glad to find the link for you if neccessary, however It make take some time.

Extra Stout
11-30-2005, 04:16 PM
So is the NFL "Community" just a PR ploy or are theyy a caring organization?

We will know for sure sometime between now and 2009.
They're a business first and foremost. So I think you already know the answer even if you're not ready to accept it yet.

Extra Stout
11-30-2005, 04:23 PM

It is not unusual for small markets to have very high ratings. Green Bay typically is #1, and Buffalo tends to be pretty high.

In the NBA, for example, the Spurs usually are at or near the top in local TV ratings.

But advertisers would be interested in the formula (ratings x market size x average income), which would knock the Gulf South down to #31, possibly ahead of Jacksonville.

NINERS4LIFE
11-30-2005, 04:58 PM

I believe this is from one of the links I posted, but I'd have to search for it to be sure.

I'll be glad to find the link for you if neccessary, however It make take some time.

SO YOU ARE A LIAR !!!!!

Sports Writer JJ
11-30-2005, 05:07 PM
SO YOU ARE A LIAR !!!!!

Apparently so..thanks...

Stout we are WAY above 31, Actually I believe the Colts are 31rst. Revenue sharing includes a few other things besides TV money ( like licencing and merchandising and so fort)

If you wanna finish our reasonal discussion about Saints revenue please PM me. I think this will be my last post.

/flameon~goodbye

exstatic
11-30-2005, 10:48 PM
BTW, I never called Louisiana fans liars, just those fucks at SR that won't brook a discussion. You, of course, are free to say what you want here, and I am free to say what I want back. That's the nature of a discussion board, which SR definitely is NOT.

That flier for the Saints/Lions game is a joke, BTW, if you didn't know. No NFL team would ever market a game in such a funny, creative, semi-irreverant way. There are no half price specials. You've heard it from people here with strong HR connections to the largest corporations here. If it makes you feel better to believe that, then please do. It's a delusion invented at SR, though.

Sports Writer JJ
12-01-2005, 10:37 AM
BTW, I never called Louisiana fans liars, just those fucks at SR that won't brook a discussion. You, of course, are free to say what you want here, and I am free to say what I want back. That's the nature of a discussion board, which SR definitely is NOT.

That flier for the Saints/Lions game is a joke, BTW, if you didn't know. No NFL team would ever market a game in such a funny, creative, semi-irreverant way. There are no half price specials. You've heard it from people here with strong HR connections to the largest corporations here. If it makes you feel better to believe that, then please do. It's a delusion invented at SR, though.

I actually called the number and ordered some of the half price tickets as a Christmas gift to some friends within Driving distance to SA.

I also have in my possession a very simular looking flier from 2003 offering half price tickets to the company I work for in Louisiana.

If you think that no NFL offers discounted tickets to anyone you are mistaken. All the companies that have luxury box seats are able to buy discounted tickets, you can get group packages that are sometimes close to half price.

Your statements "No NFL team would ever market a game in such a funny, creative, semi-irreverant way. There are no half price specials." shows your level of ignorence on the subject.

Those "Fucks" at SR.com (real classy by the way) are Louisiana football fans. I have tried to explain what happened but no one wants to hear the truth. People who were at least claiming to be from San Antonio were coming to the board, and saying some really tasteless and classless things to people who were losing everything. The SR.com site was being flooded by SA peaple some bragging about stealing our team, some saying horrible things about the people on the board and so forth. They got everyone whizzed off and defensive, and then the mods decided it would be best to just block anyone that said anything anywhere even close to questionable. If you want to be mad at someone be mad at the people of San Antonio that had no class and came to SR.com and made some REALLY brutal comments while people were identifying dead family members and realizing they lost everything.

This maybe a message board, but SR.com is a community, Most of the posters know several other posters personally, We tailgate together before the games, Many fish together, we know each others wives, and children. Maybe the moderators over reacted, maybe not, but they were NOT going to have people making some of the comments they were making about these people and thier families.

Maybe New Orleans is unable to support a team, was a true statement when SA people began getting banned, but we were still knee deep in water - literally and people were dying, there was a better time and a better way than what we saw by the new posters at SR.com.

There is always two sides to a coin exstatic, I am sure that if you knew what was going on when it was going on you would have been more sympathetic to the Mods decisions. However you are not. But I have tried to be reasonable, and most here have been reasonable back, but Simply because I am from SR.com I am subject to attacks and dismissals like your dismissal of the flier, All you had to do was pick up the phone and call, and you would not look like such an asshole right now. Just because I am from SR.com does not mean I am out spreading lies. I posted like a dozen or so links to show you where we are getting this stuff. We posted a picture complete with a phone number and email about the almost half price tickets, but instead of taking 30 seconds to see if what we are saying is true, just 30 seconds, instead you call us "Fucks, Whiners, and Liars" and make statements like: "No NFL team would ever market a game in such a funny, creative, semi-irreverant way. There are no half price specials."

Go ahead and call them, no apology will be neccessary. and Again I apologize on behalf of an SR.com fan that may have over reacted.

gameFACE
12-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Maybe New Orleans is unable to support a team, was a true statement when SA people began getting banned, but we were still knee deep in water
I would imagine more and more Saints fans are coming to grips with the idea that the team is not coming back.

and Again I apologize on behalf of an SR.com fan that may have over reacted.
You shouldn't have to apologize for shit. Not for anyone or anything. But I understand what you're doing.

The almost half price tickets have been proven. If you dont believe it call the number on the flier and ask for that special.

I understand that someone at the Saints office may have SAID that there is an offer. But are do you know of anyone who actually has some of these tickets IN HAND?

McKensie and exstatic brought up some good points about why the Saints could play in SA next year even if it's temporary. But SA also has it's own stadium dilemna. That's another topic, though.

Sports Writer JJ
12-01-2005, 05:02 PM
SA does have thier own issues as well, You should all read the article by the denver post the first one I posted if you think SA has been all hunky dory for the team. (not the fans fault though)

I think that they will be forced to split time again next year, at least that is the current buzz in the league offices.

Benson is Unwilling to not play games in SA, The League is unwilling for there to not be any game in Louisiana.

However Benson's Louisiana Sabotage appears to have worked. with sales only in the low to mid 30k range for Sunday in Tiger Staduim, and Tags and benson both going to that game, I think there is a lot better chance that all the games will be played in SA than it is that they will all be played in BR.

However I simply want people to realize that Benson has purposely Sabotaged us. and then when that gets dismissed as whining it really pisses me off.

The majority of Saints fans would have been fine if Benson and the NFL has said We are dedictaed to trying to make NO work after the hurricane. And if it was financially unfeasible to stay after trying, there would not have been a damned thing we could have said about it.

BUT there was still water standing in the 9th ward and the Mayor of SA publically says that he and Benson have already beguin talks to move the team permanently to SA.

Plenty of people in the know fullt expect the truth will come to light at some point about benson's sabotage, and it will when Fielkow files his lawsuit that the area media is anticipating.

Yes, We know of people that have those discounted tickets in hand. You can call the number listed and ask about them and they'll sell them to you at that price. If you already bought tickets for the game, call and see if they will exchange them for more of the discounted tickets.

Sports Writer JJ
12-01-2005, 05:35 PM
A few excepts from that article about the players and playing in SA:

They moved their offices from New Orleans to San Antonio. They bus 20 minutes to practice, to high school fields, and one of the fields they use is mostly dirt. Their weight room is under a tent. Only two of the players and two of the coaches have moved their families to San Antonio. The others have their families scattered throughout Louisiana and the rest of the country.

Before playing at Green Bay in their fifth game of the season, the Saints tried to practice one day and could not get on the field because of a Special Olympics event. The next day, an ROTC group had first dibs, preventing practice.

On one occasion they were able to practice in the Alamodome in San Antonio and workers laid down the artificial turf. But there was no padding underneath. Just concrete. The players practiced on it, anyway, forgoing riding one more dreaded bus to practice.

Benson pretty basically up and moved everyone to SA and did nothing to help the team, The Mayor was too busy drooling over the idea of having a team to help straighten out the logistical problems.

I understand they will have no where for training camp in SA because the Women NCAA tourney of somekind will be in the Alamodome.

I am not knocking SA's ability to support an NFL team but Benson did stack the Deck, He gave out 8000 tickets to the first game, He is offering the discount I mentioned, He has purposely understaffed the BR ticket sales office... People have actually resigned over that, Then he basically goes Kenny Rodgers on a WWL reporter who KNEW TOM WELL, this reporter had interviewed him tons of times in NO. Vows never to come back to Tiger Staduim (we see how long that lasted) and claimed his life was in Danger...

However read this interview from the head of LSU Security:

LSU, anchor refute Benson's comments
November 4, 2005
ADVERTISEMENT
By Glenn Guilbeau
[email protected]

BATON ROUGE -- When E.F. Hutton talks, people listen.

When New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson talks, people refute him -- lately his own people.

Benson said security at Tiger Stadium for the Saints-Miami Dolphins game on Sunday was "inadequate to nonexistent" and that he and members of his family "could have all been severely injured or killed," in an e-mail to NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue early this week.

Benson also said he would not return to Baton Rouge for the remaining three Saints home games in Tiger Stadium this season or for however many Saints games are played in the stadium next season while the Louisiana Superdome is being rebuilt from Hurricane Katrina damage. The Saints "host" the Chicago Bears at 3:05 p.m. Sunday in Tiger Stadium.

An e-mail by Greg Bensel, the Saints director of media and public relations, to a member of LSU's athletic department on Wednesday said the Saints organization had no issues with LSU's security at the Saints game.

"He didn't mention Mr. Benson by name," said LSU police chief Ricky Adams, who has a copy of the same e-mail. "But he said they would handle the security issue with their own people themselves."

No other Saints "people" have complained or spoken of any security-related matter other than Benson, whom fans yelled obscenities at as he left Tiger Stadium late in his team's 21-6 loss to Miami along with his wife Gayle and grandchildren Rita Benson LeBlanc and Ryan LeBlanc, who both work for the Saints.

Benson was caught on camera by WWL-TV in New Orleans saying to one fan, "Come get me, I dare you."

The full article is available on the shreveport times link I posted earlier in this thread...

It just really gets under my skin that he is getting away with all of this, That we come here and try to explain that Benson is trying to fuck over the State of Louisiana and I get called Liars whiners and Fucks. I just though that was classless.

I have provided all the evidence needed. If you HONESTLY look at the evidence and read the articles that I have provided for you, you will come to the same conclusion.

I hope my state gets to keep the Saints, but I know that means we will be forced to keep benson.

I know your city wants a football team, Trust me you dont want Benson in SA. Go throw footballs into his car lots like someone suggested, and try to get yourselves a local group to buy him out if he is sucessful moving there.

But all I ask if that you know that he turned his back on the Region that made him so much money when they really needed him. He is an unscrupulus Unethic bastard. I will be sad if/when the Saints leave. I will rejoyce the day Benson is gone.

Sports Writer JJ
12-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Now the media is picking up on the Ticket's fixing by benson:

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-21/1133507046162130.xml

Sonia_TX
12-02-2005, 03:03 PM
We just ordered our tickets but didn't know where we were sitting. We got them yesterday and have section 107. It's in a corner (I was hoping they were on a side) but it's better than not being there. Can't wait!!