PDA

View Full Version : Donovan Mitchell Trade?

Dverde
06-29-2021, 07:45 PM
Rumors circling he is unhappy with the Jazz. Didn’t like his injury management and the conservative state of Utah isn’t woke enough for him. Doesn’t really move the needle for me….

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10006695-donovan-mitchell-trade-rumors-dwyane-wade-concerned-about-jazz-stars-desire-to-stay

slick'81
06-29-2021, 08:03 PM
They definitely wouldnt want derozan . Not sure what else wed have to offer

offset formation
06-29-2021, 08:20 PM
Rumors circling he is unhappy with the Jazz. Didn’t like his injury management and the conservative state of Utah isn’t woke enough for him. Doesn’t really move the needle for me….

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10006695-donovan-mitchell-trade-rumors-dwyane-wade-concerned-about-jazz-stars-desire-to-stay

IF TRUE...Then wtf did he just sign an extension there?

Look I hate me some conservatives more than most but have the courage of your convictions and skip town after your rookie deal ends. bet on yourself to get that max somewhere else.

I'm increasingly starting to hate the nba, or at least their supermax BS that's kept exactly one superstar at home since the last CBA.

spurs10
06-29-2021, 08:33 PM
Donovan Mitchell to the Spurs would of course be great. He's a special talent. Don't know how we could pull that off, but I guess one can dream.

tbdog
06-29-2021, 09:34 PM
Jazz were number one seed. I can't forsee any trade that improves them. If jazz had to trade him, they'll just ask for Beal straight up.

daslicer
06-29-2021, 09:46 PM

Look I hate me some conservatives more than most but have the courage of your convictions and skip town after your rookie deal ends. bet on yourself to get that max somewhere else.

I'm increasingly starting to hate the nba, or at least their supermax BS that's kept exactly one superstar at home since the last CBA.

Agreed that's how I feel. He should have just taken the qualifying option and then left as an FA. These guys if they hate the market they play in should just save all their money on their rookie deal and just take the qualifying option. Even if you get hurt you will be fine financially for the rest of your life as long as you have saved your money.

dokdok
06-29-2021, 09:54 PM
Wow now Mitchell as well? This league is becoming ridiculous with all the unhappy players wanting trades. May as well just delete all teams except the NY and LA teams and just have 15 man allstar rosters instead.

Seventyniner
06-29-2021, 09:55 PM

This is how things work now. You sign the huge contract, then force your way out.

daslicer
06-29-2021, 09:56 PM
Wow now Mitchell as well? This league is becoming ridiculous with all the unhappy players wanting trades. May as well just delete all teams except the NY and LA teams and just have 15 man allstar rosters instead.

Your forgot to add in Miami. That's the only other place these guys like to play in besides LA or NYC.

daslicer
06-29-2021, 09:57 PM
This is how things work now. You sign the huge contract, then force your way out.

One of these owners needs to have a Reinsdorf-Pippen moment and not budge when these chodes want to force their way out.

paperboy77
06-29-2021, 10:11 PM
Agreed that's how I feel. He should have just taken the qualifying option and then left as an FA. These guys if they hate the market they play in should just save all their money on their rookie deal and just take the qualifying option. Even if you get hurt you will be fine financially for the rest of your life as long as you have saved your money.

These fuckers make so much money they can’t possibly blow it.

Mr. Body
06-29-2021, 10:13 PM

Super teams and an almost unwatchable game with terrible officiating and players diving for fouls all the time.

daslicer
06-29-2021, 10:16 PM
These fuckers make so much money they can’t possibly blow it.

You'll be surprised how much money they waste on stupid things. I have seen some documentaries about it. Jalen Rose once even mentioned that on his rookie deal he wasted all of his money on buying stuff for his friends and family. Antoine Walker made over 100 million during his career but after his career was over he had to file for bankruptcy.

John B
06-29-2021, 10:32 PM
I’d ship the entire roster, plus the Coyote and Elliott, and Becky.

John B
06-29-2021, 10:38 PM
It’s amazing how a small market like San Antonio was able to squeeze 5 titles. Obviously Timmy was the big reason, but also Manu and Tony sacrificing salary. If was just pure planets aligning for the Spurs. It might be impossible to replicate.

offset formation
06-29-2021, 10:40 PM
I’d ship the entire roster, plus the Coyote and Elliott, and Becky.

Whoa...you went too far with the Coyote. And maybe Sean. And probably the entire roster.

But I get your point.

John B
06-29-2021, 10:46 PM
Whoa...you went too far with the Coyote. And maybe Sean. And probably the entire roster.

But I get your point.

Because imo a star like Donovan can attract other talents and so on. Spurs desperately need a tier 1 star to build a team on.

daslicer
06-29-2021, 10:59 PM
It’s amazing how a small market like San Antonio was able to squeeze 5 titles. Obviously Timmy was the big reason, but also Manu and Tony sacrificing salary. If was just pure planets aligning for the Spurs. It might be impossible to replicate.

It was a once in a lifetime event that will never be replicated. Tim had high IQ as a person on and off the court. He was an introvert who hated the bright lights and was repulsed by big markets such as NYC,LA. He was also genuinely a good person which 99 percent of these Superstar players are not. Add in Duncan's humility and you have a great leader who brings stability into the locker room.

Manu and Tony were euros which also helped in keeping them in SA. Say what you want about Tony but he wasn't Hollywood enough to want to leave SA. He was very comfortable playing with the Spurs and enjoyed being on a winning team. Manu was a humble guy who just cared about winning and thus why he stayed with the Spurs.

You are not going to find a trio ever like that again that's just concerned about winning and not concerned about their brands.

Dverde
06-29-2021, 11:22 PM
All indications were Donovan was happy in Utah until Critical Race Theory stuff came up. I find him too inconsistent to build a franchise around. Solid beta #2 player, but the Spurs don’t have any true alpha to pair with him.

KobesAchilles
06-29-2021, 11:52 PM
You always take star players and then ask questions later. We are devoid of talent and need some badly. We don’t have anything to offer Utah anyways but if we did then yeah you go ahead and make that deal

alpha_HaZE
06-30-2021, 12:51 AM
Oh yes, if he is not happily playing with Cobert, he is going to love Jakob.

R. DeMurre
06-30-2021, 01:47 AM
Oh yes, if he is not happily playing with Cobert, he is going to love Jakob.

From what I've read I think with Gobert it's a personality issue, not a style of play issue.

EasyMoney
06-30-2021, 08:27 AM
His max contract hasn't even kicked in yet.

Dex
06-30-2021, 09:20 AM

It's the way business is done these days. Grab that bag, then start pouting to the media that you aren't happy. As examples, see Westbrook, Harden, PG, etc.

I expect Luka will do the same thing after Dallas backs up the truck of cash for him.

Say what you want about LeBron or Kevin Durant...but at least they played out their contracts before they skipped town.

If you think moving a malcontent Kawhi was hard with one year left on a reasonable deal, imagine trying to move a malcontent Kawhi with a 5-year supermax who only wants to go to Los Angeles. So glad the Spurs didn't fall for that shit.

Seventyniner
06-30-2021, 09:59 AM
Why would you want to trade for a star that has a shown a willingness to force his way out of a situation he doesn't like? If it vaults you into contention, like the Raptors with the Number Two trade, you do it anyway and worry about the future later. But imo Mitchell would only turn the Spurs into a second-round exit at best.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-30-2021, 10:46 AM

I hate to break this news, but the state of Texas isn't exactly looked upon as very "woke" either. :lol

buttsR4rebounding
07-03-2021, 05:55 PM
If the Spurs still like Wiseman And since GS is in Win Now Mode. I wonder if there would be any legs to Wiseman, Wiggins and 7 for White and Poeltl. Poeltl may be the best screening big in the league. Curry and Thompson would feast. Curry, White, Thompson, Green and Poeltl would be a damn good defensive 5 even covering some for Curry.

mo7888
07-03-2021, 06:03 PM
If the Spurs still like Wiseman And since GS is in Win Now Mode. I wonder if there would be any legs to Wiseman, Wiggins and 7 for White and Poeltl. Poeltl may be the best screening big in the league. Curry and Thompson would feast. Curry, White, Thompson, Green and Poeltl would be a damn good defensive 5 even covering some for Curry.

I'd think they could get more for that package (Beal, Simmons etc) but, from our perspective...yea I'd be all over that..

KingKev
07-04-2021, 04:43 AM

That trade isn’t even close to a salary match. GS might consider Wiggins and a second for White and Poetl lol but Wisemen and the 7th pick? C’mon now.

tbdog
07-04-2021, 04:58 AM
That trade isn’t even close to a salary match. GS might consider Wiggins and a second for White and Poetl lol but Wisemen and the 7th pick? C’mon now.

Spurs can use salary space and don't need to match. Also, It will take a pick by Warriors just to get rid of Wiggins. Not 7th though. Then the argument to be made is Wiseman for White and Poeltl in a win now situation. Something to consider by the Dubs.

KingKev
07-04-2021, 07:24 AM
Spurs can use salary space and don't need to match. Also, It will take a pick by Warriors just to get rid of Wiggins. Not 7th though. Then the argument to be made is Wiseman for White and Poeltl in a win now situation. Something to consider by the Dubs.

I stand corrected on the salary match. Wiggins had a pretty good year over all. Still overpaid but his contract isn't that bad; no worse than what DDR will likely get. Wiggins and the 14th would fetch more than Jak/White I bet.

cjw
07-04-2021, 08:18 AM

Even if you hate who you work for, if they can pay you a boatload more than anyone else and it guarantees you generational wealth (kids and their kids), you take it and figure out the details later.

Stars have shown a new path where contracts don’t matter and they can force their way out via trade a year after signing.