PDA

View Full Version : Sam Smith has the Spurs picking Lampe in mock draft

Hawk
05-23-2003, 10:35 AM
28. San Antonio. Maciej Lampe, Poland. Seven-footer who is years away, so they could hide him overseas.Link (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-030522smith,1,5306272.column?coll=cs%2Dbulls%2Dhea dlines)

Mark in Austin
05-23-2003, 02:59 PM
he'll be a top 15 pick, and probably mid lottery.

Nbadan
05-24-2003, 06:47 AM
Yeah, Lampe will be gone by the time the Spurs pick.

Nbadan
05-24-2003, 06:55 AM
However, two players that may still be around at #28 include Anderson Varejao and Zarko Carbakarka. Of the two I would take Carbakarka, who could probably contribute off the bench immediately. The Spurs were rumored to be looking at Varejao last year before he pulled out of the draft. Good thing too, since the Spurs decided to go after Kristic anyway.

scott
06-06-2003, 12:13 PM
ESPN has him going to the Knicks at #9

Mark in Austin
06-09-2003, 01:21 AM
Anderson will be gone before the Spurs pick, too. He'll either be taken or pull out and wait another year.

Nbadan
06-10-2003, 07:40 AM
Your exactly right about Varejo, who will pull out of the draft anyday now because of a huge (1 million) payout he would have to make to his current Euro team. The only way he would have stayed was if he was a lottery pick which he clearly isn't. The latest ESPN mock draft has the Spurs taking Zaur Pachulia. This pick would make alot of sense given their supposed infatuation with Nenad Krystic in last years draft.

If the Spurs do pick Pachulia, expect him to stay in Istanbul for at least one more year.

T Park Num 9
06-17-2003, 05:56 AM
could this pachulia fill a Willis like role.

Big man who rebounds and can score in a tight spot?

If you draft a player this year, (wich i dont think they will since itll go against there cap) you gotta look at filling FUTURE positions.

I would go after, a swing man or future big man.

I have confidence in the Spurs scouts.

Pick us a good second rounder boys :music

oldschooladidas
06-19-2003, 05:38 AM
Lampe seems to be the top foreign player that no one says anything about. Pavel, Darko and others, you hear about, but Lampe no one seems to mention (as far as his actual SKILLS go)