PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical question on Horry...

Phenomanul
11-19-2005, 12:45 PM
If (and it's a very big 'if') the Spurs were able to three-peat....

Would Horry preferentially retire his jersey as a Spur a Laker or a Rocket????

What do you all think his inclinations will be in that regard.

missmyzte
11-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Not Rockets
He did spend 6 1/2 years w/ LA but I think he'd prefer the Spurs

He won't get his jersey retired though, the better question would be which team will he go into the Hall of Fame with ...

MaNuMaNiAc
11-19-2005, 12:59 PM
I don't think you need a team to go to the Hall of Fame with.

Phenomanul
11-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Not Rockets
He did spend 6 1/2 years w/ LA but I think he'd prefer the Spurs

He won't get his jersey retired though, the better question would be which team will he go into the Hall of Fame with ...

If we do three-peat (and if he comes up big like he always does), I'm thinking the Spurs would retire his jersey....

TDMVPDPOY
11-19-2005, 01:06 PM
lets just concentrate on a repeat first then worry about 3peat later on

Phenomanul
11-19-2005, 01:15 PM
lets just concentrate on a repeat first then worry about 3peat later on

I'm not trying to jinx us or anything... It's just that my dislike for the Lakers and my newfound fandom of Horry don't want him associated with the Lakers anymore (sorry missmytze).... his legacy in the Hall of Fame should be with the Silver and Black... for that to happen however, he would need to have as many titles here as he did with LA... (that is why I said 3-peat).

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Why on we wasting our breath talking about a simple three-peat? I think what we're looking at here gentlemen is a minimum eight peat. Because we all know that the greatest team in the world happens to be located in a city in south central Texas and they have a name that starts with an S, ends with an S, and has PUR in the middle. I am of course talking about da Spurs.

DAAAAAA SPURS!

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-19-2005, 01:46 PM
If Avery Johnson can get his number retired for hitting a jumper in NY a few years back, Horry should get his retired considering he saved our asses last year against Detroit.

Phenomanul
11-19-2005, 02:08 PM
If Avery Johnson can get his number retired for hitting a jumper in NY a few years back, Horry should get his retired considering he saved our asses last year against Detroit.

And for missing a three in Game 5 of the 2003 WCSF

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-19-2005, 02:24 PM
I don't know I would want to retire the number of the man who helped gut us in the 95 WCF. Nothing personal Bob.

HoopStar
11-19-2005, 05:13 PM
Horry will retire his jersey as a Spur because that's the last team he played with, I hope.

lilmads
11-19-2005, 05:51 PM
That really is a huge if..
However, if they reach that far (god willing!) Spurs would be his last team, therefore I'm hopin and assumin he's retire his jersey as a Spur...:)

yeahone
11-19-2005, 06:26 PM
spurs all they way if we 3 peat