PDA

View Full Version : Tim won't start in the all star game this year

TDfan2007
11-19-2005, 02:05 PM
NBA.com has placed McGrady as a forward which means that he and KG will most likely get the starting nod. There goes Tim's streak.

:depressed

exstatic
11-19-2005, 02:31 PM
??? Tim has beaten KG out before. It was a year when Shaq was injured, and KG had a shit fit, because they selected DRob as the replacement. He whined and politiced, and they started him at Center for the West.

Tim will start. This year is more clear cut than most. There was a period of 4 years or so when it was Tim, KG and Webber ( a younger, peak Webber). Tim ALWAYS started.

jman3000
11-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Would it really be that bad if he didn't start? Yeah, it's a great honor but he already has an allstar mvp. I for one wouldn't mind seeing Tim get fewer minutes in a pretty meaningless game. He has nothing else to prove as far as how he stands amongst the rest of the leagues' stars.

mookie2001
11-19-2005, 03:14 PM
NBA.com has placed McGrady as a forward which means that he and KG will most likely get the starting nod. There goes Tim's streak.

:depressed
hey that almost makes sense

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Would it really be that bad if he didn't start?

Considering he's got this going for him:

# Named an All-Star seven straight seasons (no game was held in 1999)

# Among active players ranks fifth in All-Star action in total points, with 102, and is tops in rebounds, with 90

The more run he gets the better (and yes that means starting).

spurs=bling
11-19-2005, 03:22 PM
all of us could fix that problem :)

spurschick
11-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Personally, I don't care who makes the All-Star team. I know that Timmy will be there one way or the other and probably Tony or Manu, but the goal this year is a repeat. I would almost rather they all take that week off to get ready for the home stretch of the season and the playoffs.

PM5K
11-19-2005, 04:50 PM
It's a popularity contest, this has nothing to do with who the best players are. You should know that by the fact that Yao got a start over Shaq...

dbreiden83080
11-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Would that annoy me yes it would, but the All star game is a joke anyway. Vince Carter started each of his last 2 years in toronto and he was having garbage seasons.

lilmads
11-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Hopefully Timmy will start! It's up to us as voters basically and the more we vote the better:)
And if he doesn't, consider it a popularity contest, which it really is!

Banks91
11-19-2005, 06:37 PM
For Duncan to be the starter, he has to beat out Garnett, cuz i dont think he will beat out Mcgrady. Not cuz of american fans mind you, but cuz of the chinese fans that will vote for Mcgrady while also votin for Yao. And i think, considering a fair amount of people think Duncan is slightly ahead of Garnett, and we will have a very good record come all-star break, he will get voted as a starter.

dbreiden83080
11-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Everyone will be talking about how awful the voting system is if Duncan is not starting in the game

sanman53
11-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Do you all think Tim will be upset if he doesnt start?

Horry For 3!
11-19-2005, 07:23 PM
The All-Star is stupid. It is just favorite players which it should be best players playing. I always vote who were playing the best that year.

Notorious H.O.P.
11-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Everyone will be talking about how awful the voting system is if Duncan is not starting in the game

That has always been the argument but it won't change any time soon. The All-Star voting is a popularity contest, not about who is obviously better than the others.

And people have complained in the past but the league knows where their bread is buttered. Fans select the players = more fans watch the game = better ratings.

Rummpd
11-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Is this the same McGrady that had 6 points last night?

Banks91
11-19-2005, 09:04 PM
its not about what mcgrady does this season, cuz he will have china backin him up, since he is Yao's teammate

MI21
11-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Good.

Coaches play the starters more minutes because that's who the fans want to see. Less minutes for Tim in a meaningless game that he isn't made for = good.

FilSpursFan
11-19-2005, 10:44 PM
The "Franchise" always starts too but did not go to playoffs..

Who cares if TD doesnt start..

:hat

Mavs<Spurs
11-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Is this the same McGrady that had 6 points last night?

Yeah, you know, the one who has been injured most of this young season.

It appears that the person who started the thread thinks that the fact that McGrady has been injured most of the season won't affect the vote outcome. That does not make sense to me or to most fans. Most fans know that as good as TMac is (when healthy), TD>TMac by a lot, including this year.