PDA

View Full Version : Nice Racism: How Progressive White People Perpetuate Racial Harm

DarrinS
07-01-2021, 10:48 PM
Get your copy quick

https://www.amazon.com

DarrinS
07-01-2021, 10:50 PM
https://www.amazon.ca/Nice-Racism-Progressive-People-Perpetuate/dp/1662089317

spurraider21
07-01-2021, 11:43 PM
robin deangelo is very good at making her book titles unnecessarily and counterproductively provocative

ElNono
07-01-2021, 11:49 PM
out of stock, tbh... looks like plenty took the bait

DarrinS
07-02-2021, 12:19 AM
You guys are next. Good luck. :lol

DarrinS
07-02-2021, 12:22 AM
Its all BS, but you have to call it out.

ElNono
07-02-2021, 01:57 AM
did you at least read it?

james evans
07-02-2021, 08:21 AM
I don't have to read this book to know how racism works. I've been alive long enough to witness it. There are only 2 solutions to combat racism. Marching, protesting, and holding up signs is not one of them. Black people complain about these racist white folks, then give all of their money to them. A racist will never respect you unless their finances or health are in jeopardy. I don't care if you don't like me. You can walk up to me not liking anyone black and it's your right that doesn't bother me because chances are, I don't like you either, but you're gonna respect me and I'm going to respect you in the process.

Spurtacular
07-02-2021, 08:48 AM
Amazon not banned it?
Must be a book for Karens like Karrins.

pgardn
07-02-2021, 09:14 AM
So wrong james, so wrong.

If you dont understand the history of how we got to the place we are at now you wont understand how bad feelings can perpetuate. White people who are racist will explain how blacks are inferior intellectually, culturally, and on... and they really believe it. Black people will tell you how white people are greedy, need to dominate others, feel superior intellectually and culturally, and this basic paradigm continues. The basic tendency leads to a great deal of mistrust and hate.

You basically think economic segregation will solve the problem. Thats foolishly simplistic. The basic problem is that people are unable to put themselves in another's predicament. This mistrust is still overwhelmingly present. A black person walks into a store with expensive items and immediately puts hands in pockets, expects very little help on items they wish to buy, and is very careful to not touch anything. So much of shit like this goes on everyday in their lives as a minority entering a business. White people dont dare go to inner city Chicago, Black people know the boundaries in many southern cities when the economics of the housing tell them the police will be on them. White people are very confused concerning the rapidly changing rules of verbal exchange are any more and are understandably more confounded by what they can and cannot say. There is so much more.

But in my mind it comes from a very human way of putting things straight in the head by categorizing based on fundamental false premises. One big one; black people are stupid and lazy. White people are violent and controlling. Much more. You will never understand unless you are able to put yourself in another's position. This apparently is very difficult for many people of all colors and cultures. I find it amazing people are so lazy or consumed with their own position, that they cannot even for a moment put themselves in a different body and situation. Its almost like a child who has no perception of anything outside of self; Totally unable to even fathom the life of another human being. Makes one less human imo. We are supposed to be able to have the ability to take this step in self consciousness unlike other animals. Apparently it just does not happen in people who call themselves human.
It is kind of amazing as many people are taught Christianity in this country which makes it a point to make this leap in consciousness, but leads to exactly the opposite. Me, myself and I. And then we find people who have rejected this side effect of Christianity and the life of Jesus because the majority of Christians they meet are not in the least bit concerned with others. They are certain if they accept Jesus as Lord, thats it, thats the only rule to follow. Nothing else about the life of Jesus is of real concern. I imagine the same thing happens with Islam. Infidel, you must perish.

And yes, I am sure some progressive white people claim to really believe they are on the right path but have never really entertained the thought of reality of the life of another.

Do this James. Think about the life a black girl born to poor parents in the inner city. Then do this, think of a poor white rural girl who never gets any help of any kind and is told that the problem is help is only for the needy black person in urban areas. And the goal in life is to raise offspring llike her. These are the breeding grounds for racism to flourish. Unless they are special, they dont have time to think about others, self survival comes first.
Then understand that there are people, black and white, that thrive on this permanent underclass that serves them so well.

DMC
07-02-2021, 09:18 AM
Meh, she's a woman so her opinion is meaningless.

pgardn
07-02-2021, 09:46 AM
I love this quote my John Stuart Mill

Seems very relevant, but less so now that women are able to write and be read.

"It is a subject on which nothing final can be known." The subject Mill had in mind was the nature of women. Mill claimed that women have been coaxed, cajoled, shoved and squashed into a series of feminine contortions for so many centuries, that it is now quite impossible to define their natural abilities or aspirations.
for me it seems the height of stupidity to relegate 50% of your population to "baby machines" just because of their anatomical strength.

Adam Lambert
07-02-2021, 10:51 AM
You guys are next. Good luck. :lol

Next for what? I don't understand this knee jerk defensiveness when other white people are criticized. Like, you don't have to feel personally attacked. I'm a white progressive and my interest in this book ranges from "not at all" to "maybe I might learn something from a synopsis."

Definitely doesn't rise to "Holt shit, as a white person this book is attacking me personally and going to make my life more difficult in the future" which seems to be your reaction along with other conservatives anytime the subject of race comes up.

Relax. What you do really doesn't matter in the long run. You can stop feeling attacked. No one cares.

ElNono
07-02-2021, 01:26 PM
Next for what? I don't understand this knee jerk defensiveness when other white people are criticized. Like, you don't have to feel personally attacked. I'm a white progressive and my interest in this book ranges from "not at all" to "maybe I might learn something from a synopsis."

Definitely doesn't rise to "Holt shit, as a white person this book is attacking me personally and going to make my life more difficult in the future" which seems to be your reaction along with other conservatives anytime the subject of race comes up.

Relax. What you do really doesn't matter in the long run. You can stop feeling attacked. No one cares.

Racist white people is, apparently, a sensitive topic for Darrin. The book might be good, bad, or somewhere in between, but if it was meant to trigger Darrin types, it's apparently working.

ChumpDumper
07-02-2021, 01:33 PM
Good lord Darrin folds so quickly these days.

Spurtacular
07-02-2021, 01:56 PM
Good lord Darrin folds so quickly these days.

What are you even talking about?

:lol Your blanket