PDA

View Full Version : Ladies, if you were married to a Spurs player...

spurschick
11-20-2005, 12:11 AM
or even if you were a steady girlfriend of one, would you cheer and clap for your man during the game? I'm not trying to diss any Spurs' wives, but the ones I see at the game seem rather disinterested. They seem to spend most of the game talking to their girlfriends and I almost never see them show any kind of emotion, even when their husbands do something spectacular. The only one I ever see really into the game is Eva. Is this because they are so used to their husbands winning that they see it as a walk in the park now?

Thoughts?

SequSpur
11-20-2005, 12:18 AM
or even if you were a steady girlfriend of one, would you cheer and clap for your man during the game? I'm not trying to diss any Spurs' wives, but the ones I see at the game seem rather disinterested. They seem to spend most of the game talking to their girlfriends and I almost never see them show any kind of emotion, even when their husbands do something spectacular. The only one I ever see really into the game is Eva. Is this because they are so used to their husbands winning that they see it as a walk in the park now?

Thoughts?

It's because they don't know shit about basketball or they are not Spurs fans.

They are just beyitches.

clooneyschick04
11-20-2005, 12:33 AM
I know if my man were on any team sport I would cheer and clap and do all I could to support him and his team.

angel_luv
11-20-2005, 12:36 AM
I would cheer like mad and then some. I am already crazy supportive and I am nowhere near even first date status.
=)

Horry For 3!
11-20-2005, 12:36 AM
It depends if they care for basketball or not. If they don't care for basketball then they probably won't really cheer or anything.

Yet, my mom doesn't care for sports but when my step-dad is coaching his Varsity Boys team, she cheers for them.

timvp
11-20-2005, 12:37 AM
If the Spurs signed me tomorrow, I wouldn't want Kori cheering for me. That'd be lame. I'd want her sitting their figuring out what kind of purse to buy next or what kind of alcohol beverage to down at half time.

Gotta play it cool.

:smokin

pseudofan
11-20-2005, 12:38 AM
I hate bowling and golf. I don't cheer for things I don't like. So if my man played for the Spurs and I didn't like basketball, I would go out of obligation...not to cheer.

Trainwreck2100
11-20-2005, 12:40 AM
Well i wouodn't say Spurs, but if my wife was in the WNBa, I'd be afraid she is a lesbian.

angel_luv
11-20-2005, 12:40 AM
If the Spurs signed me tomorrow, I wouldn't want Kori cheering for me. That'd be lame. I'd want her sitting their figuring out what kind of purse to buy next or what kind of alcohol beverage to down at half time.

Gotta play it cool.

:smokin

I wonder how the Spurs feel about their women and how they do or don't cheer?

clooneyschick04
11-20-2005, 12:42 AM

Y'all can call me "uncool" but I'd want my other half to be cheering for me.

timvp
11-20-2005, 12:43 AM

The players would be embarrassed if their wives were jumping up and down celebrating.

LuvBones
11-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Well, it's because we're fans. Maybe to the wives/gf, their guys playing basketball is just a job. It's the same like dating a singer.. I'd go to some of his shows but I'm not going to be going crazy at his concert or anything. It's just a job.

angel_luv
11-20-2005, 12:46 AM
The players would be embarrassed if their wives were jumping up and down celebrating.

I never thought of that. I don't know if I could just sit and not cheer. It just comes out. I can't help it.

timvp
11-20-2005, 12:48 AM
I never thought of that. I don't know if I could just sit and not cheer. It just comes out. I can't help it.

After a couple years of watching Rasho, you'd get used to it. But if he dunks it, then you'd have permission to go crazy.

:elephant

angel_luv
11-20-2005, 12:55 AM
After a couple years of watching Rasho, you'd get used to it. But if he dunks it, then you'd have permission to go crazy.

:elephant

Thanks! :D I did tonight!

I was actually trying to be indifferent but failed miserably.

T Park
11-20-2005, 01:06 AM
Yardly seems to get excited when Bruce does something good.

SpursWoman
11-20-2005, 01:09 AM
I couldn't imagine not cheering on my man.....

Or dogging him when he's sucking ass.... :lmao :makeout :angel

Zombie
11-20-2005, 01:11 AM
Would you want your Husband/wife to come to work with you and cheer you on?

SpursWoman
11-20-2005, 01:13 AM
Well, the other 18,000 cheering fans can't fit all in my office....so it'd be kind of ackward. :spin

And I'm an accountant...wtf would he cheer for? Because I balanced? :lol

angel_luv
11-20-2005, 01:17 AM
Would you want your Husband/wife to come to work with you and cheer you on?

But people go to sports to root people on. It seems strange to me that the players wives, who ought to love them the most, would be the ones to not cheer.

Vashner
11-20-2005, 01:51 AM
This thread is no good without pic's of Brent Barry's wife....

TDMVPDPOY
11-20-2005, 02:31 AM
we dont want no golddigger :D:D

wouldnt it be cool if one of the players on team actually went up another players wife and pull a karl malone on her, im hunting lil "their ethnic" girls...

Old School Chic
11-20-2005, 03:04 AM
I agree with Spurschick... Half of the time the Wives/Girlfriends are just there...
Except for Eva. She always seems to be Into It.

If I'm not planning on cheering on my man, then why even bother to go to the games.
It seems like Mrs. Duncan Is just Interested In making sure that no other woman wonders off with her man. :rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
11-20-2005, 03:06 AM
As long as the checks keep coming...

spurschick
11-20-2005, 09:34 AM

Please explain. Why would they be embarrassed? If there are already 18,000 people on their feet and screaming, it seems to be that those NOT cheering are going to stand out more. I think I would be more embarrassed if my spouse WASN'T cheering for me.

Summers
11-20-2005, 09:44 AM
I agree with Spurschick. It seems weird to me that the wives don't cheer that much. At least give your man a polite golf clap when he scores.

Shelly
11-20-2005, 09:55 AM
Well, the other 18,000 cheering fans can't fit all in my office....so it'd be kind of ackward. :spin

And I'm an accountant...wtf would he cheer for? Because I balanced? :lol

:rollin

I'd cheer you for that. Hell, I've been known to mutter to myself, "Oh, you ARE a genius!" when I figure out a journal entry that needs to be made correctly! :lol

Uh...not that I ever make mistakes :nerd

angel_luv
11-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Please explain. Why would they be embarrassed? If there are already 18,000 people on their feet and screaming, it seems to be that those NOT cheering are going to stand out more. I think I would be more embarrassed if my spouse WASN'T cheering for me.

I thought and said the exact same thing. Maybe the difference of opinion is in the female's outlook vs the male's.

Carie
11-20-2005, 05:28 PM
I've always thought it was weird too. Except this year with Amy, she's too busy holding Baby Duncan. But for me personally? I'd be cheering my butt off, like I always do when John participates in sports.

Samurai Jane
11-20-2005, 09:52 PM
When my hubby was playing flag football, I was the loudest one out there.. even got into a little smacktalk with the opposing team one time. Yep... I live to embarrass my hubby.. :lol :makeout

HoopStar
11-20-2005, 11:33 PM
If I was in the NBA, I would want my girl to cheer me on and not just sit there and count my money. But I'll be embarrassed if she saw me sitting on the bench throughout the game. But she probably wouldn't care less because I'll bring home the same paycheck for her to spend.

pseudofan
11-21-2005, 01:04 AM
Ladies, if you were married to a Spurs player......

It would be the one with the deepest pockets and the biggest......SHOES :lol

Carie
11-21-2005, 01:15 AM
Ladies, if you were married to a Spurs player......

It would be the one with the deepest pockets and the biggest......SHOES :lol
:lol

Yeah, shoes size is very important :)

2Blonde
11-21-2005, 01:18 PM
My first husband was a middle school coach. Football, track and wrestling. I spent more time at sporting events than I could count. So I'm probably qualified to answer this one. When you have sat through thousands of hours of athletics, just because your not jumping up and down that doesn't mean you don't support your husabnd or boyfriend. There are many ways to be supportive. You listen to him after the game, you fix him dinner, you keep him company, you give him a safe a happy home to come to, you be a loving partner, you help keep him focused, yada, yada, yada...

angel_luv
11-21-2005, 01:21 PM
My first husband was a middle school coach. Football, track and wrestling. I spent more time at sporting events than I could count. So I'm probably qualified to answer this one. When you have sat through thousands of hours of athletics, just because your not jumping up and down that doesn't mean you don't support your husabnd or boyfriend. There are many ways to be supportive. You listen to him after the game, you fix him dinner, you keep him company, you give him a safe a happy home to come to, you be a loving partner, you help keep him focused, yada, yada, yada...

I hear that but a question- would it have offended your husband if you were constantly cheering for him?

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 01:23 PM
:lol

Yeah, shoes size is very important :)

My Rasho wears about a 15/16. :smokin :lol

Jimcs50
11-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Eva gets it.

boutons
11-21-2005, 01:58 PM
If the (jaded) wives must to go the (just the home) games PRO FORMA, they might as well enjoy their great seats and pass the time more quickly and pleasantly cheering on their favorite millionaire's efforts and his team (it may be presumptious to think their favorite millionaire is also their husband :) ). Have drink or two, loosen up, go nuts, join the mob of fans. How about some PRO FORMA enthusiasm?

I'm sure they are all extremely enthusiatic fans of those 6-digit paychecks.

"rich ice-queen bitches" are such a turn-off.

Talk about "biting the hand that feeds you" ...

pache100
11-21-2005, 02:00 PM
It depends if they care for basketball or not. If they don't care for basketball then they probably won't really cheer or anything.

Wonder why they bother to come to the games, then?

2Blonde
11-21-2005, 02:11 PM
I hear that but a question- would it have offended your husband if you were constantly cheering for him?
Certainly not. And I always did cheer for him and his team. Maybe not by jumping up and down, but I always congratulated them afterward. Unless of course they were playing my alma mater. :lol
Before we had a child I spent a lot more of my focus and attention on his interest in sports, but after our daughter was born I had to devote more of my energy to other things and even when I was at sporting events many times I was talking to the other wives about children and other daily things. I don't think it takes away from the importance of your husband but your world just expands and this time becomes one of your social outlets and a chance to bond and talk with other women who might be experiencing the same things in life that you are.

pache100
11-21-2005, 02:13 PM
what about the mammas?

have u seen AI's mamma jump up n down when her boy scores

I don't know that I've ever seen AI's mama at a game (but, then, about the only time I watch 6er's games is when they are playing the Spurs...pretty small percentage of their games). But Ambrose and Freda certainly cheered everytime David Robinson did something. And Sean Elliott's whole family stayed on their feet most of the time when Sean was on the floor and they were at the game. I just don't think it's that far-fetched to expect someone (wife, parent, sibling, kid, whatever) to at least APPEAR to be interested when they attend the game of someone playing sports. If you're not interested, STAY HOME. It's not a show of support to attend the game if you're not showing support.

pache100
11-21-2005, 02:40 PM
maybe they can't get excited bc they watch 80+ games a year

Apparently they are NOT watching. I thought that's what we were discussing.

angel_luv
11-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Hey I am excited for 82 games plus play offs without the paycheck. Come on ladies! :lol

2Blonde
11-21-2005, 06:04 PM
Exactly...
Supportive?....yes
Excited?...Probably not until closer to the playoff when it gets more frenzied.

Carie
11-21-2005, 06:09 PM
My Rasho wears about a 15/16. :smokin :lolAs does mine :)

As do most of the season ticket holders, but they still get excited.

Puppy Dog
11-21-2005, 08:02 PM
well, most of the ladies in this forum have or have had a man at one time...

when was the last time you cheered for your man? or did you ever?

thanks in advance. :tu

Carie
11-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Um, when was the last time he participated in a sporting event? I'd say the Chicago Marathon in 2002. Almost lost my voice.

lilmads
11-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Here's what I noticed about Eva.. she really does get into it.. but only when Tony's doin well or he makes a shot.. Other than that I saw her chatting with Manu's wife and some other lady! Ah well, maybe that was just the island style... :)

Puppy Dog
11-21-2005, 08:33 PM
the next question i have is why are people watching the players wives and not the game itself...:lmao

ShoogarBear
11-21-2005, 08:56 PM
whottt still gets excited whenever Barry has a good game . . .

angel_luv
11-21-2005, 09:03 PM
When I have a boyfriend, I plan to be his best friend and biggest supporter

Of course the expression of that support will have to vary depending on his career choice. :lol

lilmads
11-21-2005, 09:04 PM
the next question i have is why are people watching the players wives and not the game itself...:lmao

It's just something you notice:) I think it's a girl thing noticing things like these...

ObiwanGinobili
11-21-2005, 09:09 PM
well, most of the ladies in this forum have or have had a man at one time...

when was the last time you cheered for your man? or did you ever?

thanks in advance. :tu

my hubby used to enter a lot of powerlifting and weightlifting competitions.
Now I'm all for healthy living and everythign ... but these competitions were not my cup o' tea. Hanging out in a hot gym, doing weigh-ins and hearing "yeah - thats it! it;s all you buddy all you!! push it out! come on!!" all day with the smell of sweaty socks and jack strap in your nose was not my idea of a fun time.
But i'm a wife and he;s my hubby and I wanted to support him in everythgin he does. I went to everyone and I was one of the loudest spectators ever. I even talked smack about some of the other guys (once I talked smack right to this one guys trainer :oops)
And when Emo won (almost all the time :fro) I jumped up & down clapping my hands like charlie gettng the keys to the chocolate factory.

angel_luv
01-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Bump! :spin

For anyone was as curious as me:
Gino was in his chat for a bit tonight. I brought up our discussion here and asked what he thought.

Gino told me, " it's uncool to go NUTS for every shot your husband makes, but it's ok to cheer"

So there you go. :lol

To be fair, some one did ask what happens if the wives were to go nuts. Gino said:" nothing... it just strange..."

angel_luv
01-23-2006, 12:11 AM
That was all.

David Bowie
01-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Yes, ince I am a Spurs fan. However, a lot of them may not be basketball fans and may be disinterested in basketball. I'm also sure theyre pretty sick and tired of ther husbands/boyfriends talking and worrying about basketball and getting injured because of basketball and being away from the family.

Samr
01-23-2006, 12:25 AM
You're going to get biased answers because this is a basketball forum.

If I was married/dating some star female soccer player, I would not care in the least. And I would not be at every game. Not because it's soccer, but because from my hypothetical possition, it's a job. The same way it is for a lot of professional athletes. For the fan, it is entertainment, just like being the CEO of a massive company may seem like a dream job. For the CEO, it's work.

Of course, I would make sure to stop by the locker room after the game.