PDA

View Full Version : Holt-ing Pattern: If the Spurs win the Championship

Ghost Writer
05-14-2003, 05:40 PM
Should the front office still pursue Jason Kidd?

I'm not so sure.

My opinion has not wavered since we knew the Spurs were entering into a two season Holt-ing Pattern back in 2001:

Popovich proved in 1999 that we can coach the Spurs to a title with a Twin Towers format of two All-Star frontcourt mates.

The time to upgrade Tony Parker was in 2001 when we could've traded his rights and spare parts for Gary Payton.

If we win the title this year, logic dictates that Tony Parker was "good enough" to get the job done and that Jason Kidd is not a necessity.

However, with David Robinson retiring, one half of the Twin Towers will need to be replaced.

That's why Jermaine O'Neal was and is the best choice to pursue as a free agent this summer, whether the Spurs win the title or not.

Feel free to agree or disagree here.

:cooldevil

baseline bum
05-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Plan B?

O'Neal would be an excellent addition, but it wasn't Jermaine who said he'll see what "The Alamo has to offer" July 1st.

Kidd's the floor general who ensures these collapses of our offesne don't happen in pressure situations.

SequSpur
05-14-2003, 05:49 PM
My sources have informed me that the Spurs have begun discussions with Gary Payton and J. Oneals.. agent... Looks like it is a done deal... They should be here in the Alamo City come July 2..

The Mariachis have been scheduled already... I have inside sources with the Urban Dance Group for a welcome to SA party for Payton and Oneal... Kidd is off the table...

What is said in chat stays in chat...

Ghost Writer
05-14-2003, 05:49 PM
baseline bum, I am not naive enough tto say that the Spurs should not bring a superstar like Kidd in if he wants to play here, but on the same token, Jermaine O'Neal is a much better fit for my previously stated reasons.

Did y'all read the article in this week's SportsIllustrated promoting Jermaine O'Neal as San Antonio's #1 free agent target?

Question.

SequSpur
05-14-2003, 05:53 PM
1. Payton
2. Manu
3. Bowen
4. Duncan
5. Oneal
6. Championship

timvp
05-14-2003, 06:04 PM
Jermaine O'Neal makes a lot more sense than Jason Kidd.

O'Neal is younger and fits in with the needs better. If he played center, he'd be the second best center in the game.

Adding Kidd is too risky now.

Nbadan
05-14-2003, 06:11 PM
My sources have informed me

Sequ has his own sources?

My sources have informed me that Thursday is the end of the world as we know it.

You thought The Core was only a movie (http://www.zetatalk.com)

SequSpur
05-14-2003, 06:14 PM
Yep.... External sources... you see, da Spurs have to schedule the entertainment for the arrival and I have connections with that entertainment... Ahah!! Spurs request entertainment on or about 7/1/03 for Welcome.. ahah...

Sources are Oneal and Payton... More to come....

What is said in chat stays in chat...

texbound
05-14-2003, 06:14 PM
O'Neal would be an excellent addition, but it wasn't Jermaine who said he'll see what "The Alamo has to offer" July 1st.

True, but I believe J. O'neal did say that he'll look at San Antonio and Tim Duncan, Tracy McGrady and Orlando and Indiana and Reggie Miller. Whoever has the best supporting cast. If I'm not mistaken, Tim Duncan and his supporting cast are still playing while those other players he mentioned are already breaking 100 on the links.

Tex

Nbadan
05-14-2003, 06:19 PM
Come on Sequ, how long can it take to hire a few bad mariachis and throw a bad suit and cowboy boots on Holt? :smokin

SequSpur
05-14-2003, 06:20 PM
This is top notched talent brotha, not that stuff your family hires for reunions and Sweet 16 parties...

This is the big time now brotha..

2003, the Year of the Free Agent!

Nbadan
05-14-2003, 06:25 PM
We'll see, but George Strait will be at my house, So I don't know who the Spurs are gettin. :p

SequSpur
05-14-2003, 06:34 PM
:rollin :rollin :rollin

Marcus Bryant
05-15-2003, 10:22 AM
The time to upgrade Tony Parker was in 2001 when we could've traded his rights and spare parts for Gary Payton.

Tony Parker, Malik Rose, and then lose your one chance at adding a max level free agent like 24 year old Jermaine O'Neal this summer for the next decade. Fvcking brilliant. Of course, you want to throw all that away to change a team that is on the verge of knocking off the Lakers. Had the Spurs done what you wanted them to then you would now be bemoaning the fact that Payton's contract would royally be fucking the Spurs this summer when DRob retired. Give your crackhead ideas a rest already.

T Park Num 9
05-15-2003, 10:24 AM
http://photos.imageevent.com/loonman/newer//not-this-again.jpg

SAmikeyp
05-15-2003, 10:36 AM
That's why Jermaine O'Neal was and is the best choice to pursue as a free agent this summer, whether the Spurs win the title or not.

Agreed. Tim and Jermaine in the front court will reap us benefits well into the future.

Ghost Writer
05-15-2003, 11:08 AM
”Tony Parker, Malik Rose, and then lose your one chance at adding a max level free agent like 24 year old Jermaine O'Neal this summer for the next decade. Fvcking brilliant.” — MarcusBryant
Wrong. Gary Payton is not locked up beyond this season, @ssh0le. David Robinson would still be retiring and the Spurs would not have to re-up Payton this summer if they didn’t want to. Therefore, the Spurs could still go after whoever they want this summer.

”Of course, you want to throw all that away to change a team that is on the verge of knocking off the Lakers.” — Marcus Bryant
Wrong. You add Payton to the Spurs last year and this year and we may have another title in the bag. You continue to overrate Rose. Parker is not on Payton’s level.

”Had the Spurs done what you wanted them to then you would now be bemoaning the fact that Payton's contract would royally be fucking the Spurs this summer when DRob retired. Give your crackhead ideas a rest already.” — Marcus Bryant
Wrong. David Robinson would still be retiring and the Spurs would not have to re-up Payton this summer if they didn’t want to. Therefore, the Spurs could still go after whoever they want this summer.

Marcus Bryant, you're the retard who wants to make Jason Kidd the #1 priority this summer after we could've had Gary Payton two years ago! :rollin

Dinner is served, biyatch.

Marcus Bryant
05-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Wrong. Gary Payton is not locked up beyond this season, @ssh0le. David Robinson would still be retiring and the Spurs would not have to re-up Payton this summer if they didn’t want to. Therefore, the Spurs could still go after whoever they want this summer.

Wrong. Payton required an extension at that time. Overlooking this inconvenient fact for you, do the Spurs ship out Parker and Rose for a two year rental of Payton?

Wrong. You add Payton to the Spurs last year and this year and we may have another title in the bag. You continue to overrate Rose. Parker is not on Payton’s level.

Without Rose there is no bench. Who exactly is the backup PF/C in your scenario who can give you 10 and 6 in 25 minutes a game? How do you expect DRob's health to hold up when he has to play extended minutes due to the lack of bench depth? This isn't a video game where players are amazingly fresh all the time. Of course I am not surprised by your pedestrian view of Rose.

Payton on the Spurs guarantees nothing except a weaker supporting cast and greater limitations on improving that team for the next friggin' decade.

Wrong. David Robinson would still be retiring and the Spurs would not have to re-up Payton this summer if they didn’t want to. Therefore, the Spurs could still go after whoever they want this summer.

Again, Payton gets the extension at that time. DRob coming off the cap doesn't matter then. And of course you have to recreate a bench and hope that the Spurs can find some way to add another young talent of Parker's caliber.

Marcus Bryant, you're the retard who wants to make Jason Kidd the #1 priority this summer after we could've had Gary Payton two years ago!

First off, a little fat white **** like you who pickles his brain with grain alchol and shares nights with his "bud" in a single bed should never refer to anyone else as a "retard".

Secondly, there is a difference between giving up your youth, your bench,and you ability to add a max free agent this summer for an aging guard demanding a 3 to 4 year max extension. Kidd is 30 not 34 like Payton was back in 2001. If you want to complain about having Kidd and Duncan together in their primes along with their current collection of youthful talent then go right ahead...because anyone outside of you and Admiral's Payton cluster-**** society knows what is preferable.

Dinner is served, biyatch.

Sorry, I don't like tossed salad like your "boy".

SequSpur
05-15-2003, 11:52 AM
Wow!!! Great Stuff!!!

:pc

spurster
05-15-2003, 12:46 PM
If the Spurs win the Championship, I would expect that the person who invented the phrase "The Holting Pattern" to eat supersized portions of crow for however long we have been subject to his rantings.

Ghost Writer
05-15-2003, 01:31 PM
”Wrong. Payton required an extension at that time. Overlooking this inconvenient fact for you, do the Spurs ship out Parker and Rose for a two year rental of Payton?” — MB
You said he required an extension. He wanted an extension from Seattle. After he was traded, did he demand an extension? No.

And yes, I absolutely ship out Parker and Rose for two years of Payton, Duncan and Robinson.

I like winning.

”Without Rose there is no bench. Who exactly is the backup PF/C in your scenario who can give you 10 and 6 in 25 minutes a game? How do you expect DRob's health to hold up when he has to play extended minutes due to the lack of bench depth?” — MB
In case you haven’t noticed, Robinson’s health hasn’t exactly held up with Rose under contract. We got Rose after Charlotte dumped him and turned a cast-off bench ‘tweener into a quality bench ‘tweener.

With the front office’s proficiency in finding diamonds in the rough, I was not worried about finding another cheap backup for Robinson.

Kevin Willis did a fine job in the beginning of the season before Rose figured out why he’s making starter’s money this season.

”Payton on the Spurs guarantees nothing except a weaker supporting cast and greater limitations on improving that team for the next friggin' decade.” — MB
More incorrect assumptions. Payton would’ve given the Spurs and Duncan a bonafide second star to battle Shaq and Kobe at the cost of a unproven rookie PG, a bench big man and two guys who don’t play anymore.

Your insistence that Payton would’ve demanded or gotten an extension from the Spurs is absurd. Payton does not have a contract to date, moron. I told you that Steve Smith would be benched this season — $9 million contract and all — and you didn’t believe me. We could’ve gotten Payton for 2 years and if he didn’t work out or if we wanted to get younger, let him walk this summer just like Milwaukee will probably do.

”Again, Payton gets the extension at that time. DRob coming off the cap doesn't matter then. And of course you have to recreate a bench and hope that the Spurs can find some way to add another young talent of Parker's caliber.” — MB
That’s not true and proven by reality over your stupid conjectures. Payton was moaning for a contract extension from Seattle and when they wouldn’t give it, they eventually traded him. Payton does not have a contract extension to this day!

You overrate benches. A smart NBA fan knows that championship basketball is predicated on a two-star system and role players.

You also diminish the fact that the Spurs front office excels at filling out benches with cheap, undervalued talent that eventually blossom in the Spurs system.

”First off, a little fat white **** like you who pickles his brain with grain alchol and shares nights with his "bud" in a single bed should never refer to anyone else as a "retard".” — MB
I’m down to a buck 65. You are still ugly, retard.

”Secondly, there is a difference between giving up your youth, your bench,and you ability to add a max free agent this summer for an aging guard demanding a 3 to 4 year max extension. Kidd is 30 not 34 like Payton was back in 2001. If you want to complain about having Kidd and Duncan together in their primes along with their current collection of youthful talent then go right ahead...because anyone outside of you and Admiral's Payton cluster-**** society knows what is preferable.” — MB
Did I miss the memo or did we get beat by the Lakers last year?

Were Payton and Rose difference makers?

I’ve already destroyed your pathetic assumption that Payton would’ve gotten an extension from the Spurs.

Payton, Robinson and Duncan from 2001-03 > PossiblyKidd and Duncan in 2003

Trades guarantees an exchange to get talent, whereas cap space guarantees nothing but the ability to sign free agent talent.

Jermaine O’Neal is, was, and should always be the preferable option this summer, and if the Spurs traded for Payton, they could’ve won a title or two, let Payton walk and still go after O’Neal this summer.

”Sorry, I don't like tossed salad like your "boy".” — MB
How can I be a homosexual if I fvcked your moms last night?

Question.

P.S.

And that is how you slice, dice and stir fry a former Forum “legend”.

SequSpur
05-15-2003, 01:48 PM
Wow... Holy Shit!!! Great Stuff Guys...!!! Old Schooling like a mofo...

You all make this worth while....

Kudos to GW and MB....

"Put the money in the bag"

ChumpDumper
05-15-2003, 03:20 PM
:argue

Girls, girls--you're both pretty.

Perhaps we should stay on topic.

TwoHandJam
05-15-2003, 03:54 PM
Did someone say Jermaine O'Neal?
Dig the sig.

||
vv

Marcus Bryant
05-15-2003, 03:59 PM
You said he required an extension. He wanted an extension from Seattle. After he was traded, did he demand an extension? No.

Apparently he doesn't want to be in Milwaukee long term and wanted out of Seattle.

And yes, I absolutely ship out Parker and Rose for two years of Payton, Duncan and Robinson.

I like winning.

You like names. That's all you ever liked. You have no concept that it takes more than that to win.

In case you haven’t noticed, Robinson’s health hasn’t exactly held up with Rose under contract.

And it would be worse if Rose wasn't there. Learn.

We got Rose after Charlotte dumped him and turned a cast-off bench ‘tweener into a quality bench ‘tweener.

Rose is one of the top 6th men in the game. He's had no problem at all playing the 4 as well as stepping into the starting lineup when needed. In fact the Spurs have an excellent record when he starts and DRob is wearing street clothes. Find me a non-"tweener" who puts up 10 and 6 in 20 minutes a game. "Tweener" means nothing except that your ignorant ass can look up his height on NBA.com and see that he is listed at 6'7". BFD.

With the front office’s proficiency in finding diamonds in the rough, I was not worried about finding another cheap backup for Robinson.

Oh yeah. Great bigmen are a dime a dozen in today's NBA.

Kevin Willis did a fine job in the beginning of the season before Rose figured out why he’s making starter’s money this season.

Ha. Rose is making less than the NBA average this season, chump.

More incorrect assumptions. Payton would’ve given the Spurs and Duncan a bonafide second star to battle Shaq and Kobe at the cost of a unproven rookie PG, a bench big man and two guys who don’t play anymore.

Ha. No bench. Limited youth. No future.

Your insistence that Payton would’ve demanded or gotten an extension from the Spurs is absurd. Payton does not have a contract to date, moron. I told you that Steve Smith would be benched this season — $9 million contract and all — and you didn’t believe me. We could’ve gotten Payton for 2 years and if he didn’t work out or if we wanted to get younger, let him walk this summer just like Milwaukee will probably do.

Nope. Payton was rather clear about the extension at the time. And wait a second...if Payton is so great, why let him go? Why let him go after you give up Rose and Parker? And of course...why deal for Payton when you could sign him 2 years later without giving up anyone?

That’s not true and proven by reality over your stupid conjectures. Payton was moaning for a contract extension from Seattle and when they wouldn’t give it, they eventually traded him. Payton does not have a contract extension to this day!

Because he doesn't want to be in Milwaukee long term.

You overrate benches. A smart NBA fan knows that championship basketball is predicated on a two-star system and role players.

Ridiculous. Benches are vital, especially when your starting center is in the physical shape that DRob is in.

You also diminish the fact that the Spurs front office excels at filling out benches with cheap, undervalued talent that eventually blossom in the Spurs system.

Yeah. It's real easy to find someone like Rose. Real easy.

I’m down to a buck 65. You are still ugly, retard.

Ha. You should be reeling all the hot guys in now.

Did I miss the memo or did we get beat by the Lakers last year?

Were Payton and Rose difference makers?

What has a Payton-led team done in the last 2 seasons?

Yeah, Rose isn't good. If only he was 6'9" and a "balla" (<---presumably a term that only a "smart NBA fan" would use) then he wouldn't be a tweener and would be one of the league's top 6th men.

I’ve already destroyed your pathetic assumption that Payton would’ve gotten an extension from the Spurs.

Ha. This was rather clear in the summer of 2001. You accepted this as a given then.

Payton, Robinson and Duncan from 2001-03 > PossiblyKidd and Duncan in 2003

...and for the next 5 seasons? Get real, chump. You wanted the Spurs to blow their future all for two seasons. The Spurs cannot afford to do that and they did not do that. This summer is the last time that the Spurs can add a major talent to their team for the long haul, not some aging guard for a couple of seasons.

Trades guarantees an exchange to get talent, whereas cap space guarantees nothing but the ability to sign free agent talent.

Trades with what as the bait? You just let Parker and Rose go.

Jermaine O’Neal is, was, and should always be the preferable option this summer, and if the Spurs traded for Payton, they could’ve won a title or two, let Payton walk and still go after O’Neal this summer.

So you end this (presumable) championship formula just after two seasons? WTF?

And that is how you slice, dice and stir fry a former Forum “legend”.

Ha. That is how your ignorant adolescent view of the game is once again, exposed.

Quick quiz...who's more important to the Spurs...Rose or SJackson?

Man in Black1
05-15-2003, 04:02 PM
:brotha

That type of shit-talking is strictly PAY-PER-VIEW.

2 diametrically opposed views yet they are passionate about the same team.

Its a strange world but having these 2 be as staunch as the rest helps to keep forums like this into turning into a quick circle jerk. I'm off the opinion that just because we all don't think the same that that is a good thing AS LONG AS WE LIVE SILVER & BLACK.

:smokin2

Marcus Bryant
05-15-2003, 04:03 PM
If the Spurs win the Championship, I would expect that the person who invented the phrase "The Holting Pattern" to eat supersized portions of crow for however long we have been subject to his rantings.

Don't hold your breath. He'll claim that he has been a fan of the Spurs' front office for the longest time...longer than any of the rest of us and that he likes the fact that Holt makes decisions that defy conventional wisdom in today's NBA.

baseline bum
05-15-2003, 04:04 PM
I know I'm not the only one who remembers the way Ghost bitched about our team's old age constantly during the 99-00 and 00-01 seasons.

Everytime I ask Ghost exactly which minimum player was going to come in and be the next Malik Rose I hear nothing. BTW, WTF is with the way you act like Parker being a good player was some freaking fluke the Spurs didn't see coming?

Marcus Bryant
05-15-2003, 04:10 PM
Exactly bbum. The Spurs were too old then. Why couldn't they be young? He bitched about that forever and never bothered to understand what role the salary cap played in that. That's the standard for the little bitch. He whines without any effort to actually understand why. And it's always the same old shit. 24/7. Of course that is when he isn't coming up with quality takes such as "the Spurs need some ballas" and the Spurs "need a black assistant coach". Well, at least he said black instead of "negro".

Ghost Writer
05-15-2003, 04:24 PM
I'm not going to repeat myself. I already dissected the MarcusBryant stance.

Here's the simple recap of my thinking:

The two superstar theory is one that was endorsed by MarcusBryant before in his arguments for Kidd in 2003. I agree that two stars is better than one and a nice supporting cast. (See: Los Angeles Lakers Titles 2000-02)

Payton could've put the Spurs over the top the past two years.

Payton said he wanted an extension from Seattle, not the team that was trading for him. Payton still doesn't have a contract.

The front office found Malik Rose once. I'm confident they could find another Malik Rose again. The front office has a history of finding such diamonds in the rough, baseline bum. I mentioned Stephen Jackson when he became a free agent. You want me to predict every undervalued free agent that the Spurs should get? Leave filling out the bench to the expert front office staff. I can't believe I'm discussing Malik Rose and GAry Payton in the same sentence!

Payton + Robinson + Duncan 2001-03 > Parker + Rose + Robinson + Duncan 2001-03 > The Possibility of Duncan + Kidd > 2003

If Payton helped the Twin Towers to a title or two the past two seasons, they could look at extending his contract. If they felt that his skills were diminishing or they wanted to get younger or replace Robinson, they could part company with him in 2003 and go after J. O'Neal or J. Kidd.

Frankly, I'm not worried about a contract extension that never was or the sacrifice of an unproven PG or a backup big to get the best PG of our time to play with Tim Duncan and David Robinson over the last two seasons.

Marcus Bryant
05-15-2003, 04:33 PM
The only thing you have dissected is your stupidity.

> The Possibility of Duncan + Kidd > 2003

Of course in your 'analysis' one has to ignore what happens beyond the 2002-03 season. Because that is when the Spurs, with limited youth, no bench, and hamstrung by Payton's contract offer Duncan limited prospects for the future in SA. Great. Take this current team and add a Jermaine O'Neal or a Kidd to it for the next 6 seasons. That is what this is about...the last opportunity to add a talent like that for virtually the next decade, not give that all up and a good portion of your current young talent for two last shots. I don't want to see Duncan locked into another situation like DRob was during 1989-96. Apparently you do.

And for the last two years you wanted the Spurs to have pulled the trigger on this possible trade with the explicit understanding that it meant that Payton would receive a max extension for the 4 seasons after 2002-03.

Don't change your tune now.

baseline bum
05-15-2003, 04:47 PM
How good was Malik Rose in 1997-98 when Pop found him? How about Jax last year when Pop found him? Your lineup entering the second round last year vs LA would have been:

C Mark Bryant
PF Tim Duncan
SF Bruce Bowen
SG Charles Smith
PG Gary Payton

6 Steve Kerr
7 Brian Skinner?
8 Zarko Paspalj
9 Coyote
10 Vinny Del Negro
11 Julius Nwosu
12 IR spot for DRob

In the 1 in a million shot that beats Shaq and Kobe prepare for the sweep from the boys in Arco.

ChumpDumper
05-15-2003, 04:50 PM
Ok, so if the Spurs win the championship in 2003, we'll still be bitching about 2001.

That's a lock.

Marcus Bryant
05-15-2003, 05:21 PM
bbum, don't forget that GW never wanted Bowen to start. No starting gig for Bowen in SA means that Bowen is never in SA.

Ghost Writer
05-15-2003, 05:45 PM
baseline bum, you normally "think outside the Pop". How fair is it for you to ask me to predict how the Spurs would fill out their bench back in 2001? By the time the playoffs rolled around in 2002, who knows who would be in the 8-man rotation, but I think that Duncan-Robinson-Payton is a good start. Throw in veterans like M. Bryant, D. Ferry, T. Porter and youngsters like A. MCaskill, S. Jackson and J. Hart and who knows what they could've accomplished given the time and opportunity.

I do like my projected lineup for the following 2002-03 season:

PF Duncan
SF Bowen
C Robinson
PG Payton
SG Jackson

Bench:

Willis
Ginobili

Don't overrate a bench. It's a two-star system that's been successful over the years in the NBA.

MarcusBryant:

For the fifth time, the contract extension was The Glove's way of either getting money out of Seattle to stay or forcing them to trade him elsewhere. Look what happened.

Boiled down, you would rather stay pat with an unproven PG and a bench big man than bring in perennial All-Star Payton for two years.

Yet two years later, you want want to throw max money at Jason Kidd.

You are an oxymoron.

Morphgizmo
05-15-2003, 06:10 PM
Payton may have put us over the top in the past two years. It's a good argument, Payton has been studly. However, Kobe and Shaq with nothing coming off the bench is still much better than Tim and Payton with nothing coming off the bench. Plus, I don't think any possible combinations of superstars would have beat that team over the past two years, save for maybe a TMac-Duncan combo. They've just been too good.

The only reason we have a shot this year is because the Laker role players have taken a dive while ours have improved. Kobe and Shaq are still as dominating as ever but they are getting zero help.

It comes down to this.

Would we have been better served by shooting our wad during the two or three best years of the Kobe and Shaq show? Or will it be better to keep our depth and then add a superstar after the Lakers decline a little over the next six or seven years?

Had we moved Parker and Malik for a Payton two year rental and then signed Kidd or O'neal this summer we would still be in pretty good shape. I agree with Casper there. But, if we add O'neal while keeping Duncan and Parker we'll be in excellent shape. If we get Kidd and end up trading Parker for value we're still better off than the Payton option.

I'll take the possibility of six or seven years of elite contention (Parker, Dunc, FA, bench) after the Lake Show slows down, than that of a great chance at contention (Payton, Dunc, no bench) during the Lakers unbelievable run.

Morphgizmo
05-15-2003, 06:20 PM
It's kind of a weird analogy, but I look at this situation like a hockey power play.

I would rather have a 2:00 minute 5 on 3 power play than a 4:00 minute 5 on 4.

The possibilty of Parker, Malik and their trade value plus Dunc and Max FA is far better than two years of Dunc and Payton followed by Dunc and max FA.

Marcus Bryant
05-15-2003, 07:04 PM
MarcusBryant:

For the fifth time, the contract extension was The Glove's way of either getting money out of Seattle to stay or forcing them to trade him elsewhere. Look what happened.

At the time you make a trade for Payton, you give him an extension. 2001 not 2003, chump.

Boiled down, you would rather stay pat with an unproven PG and a bench big man than bring in perennial All-Star Payton for two years.

Boiled down, you eviscerate the Spurs future for one year of Payton, Duncan, and DRob. No bench. DRob expected to play extended minutes because you dumped Rose. One fucking year.

Yet two years later, you want want to throw max money at Jason Kidd.

Sure. 30 year old JKidd not 35 year old Gary Payton.

You are an oxymoron.

Ha. Do us all a favor and get a fucking clue.

Admiral
05-15-2003, 07:34 PM
At the time you make a trade for Payton, you give him an extension. 2001 not 2003, chump. -Marcus Bryant

Marcus, you seem to be confusing Payton's preference in 2001 with some kind of absolute law. Think back to 2001. The Sonics were a fringe playoff team, good for a 7 or 8 seed at best. Payton wanted out, because he wanted to win a title and knew that wouldn't happen in Seattle. Yes, he wanted a contract extension, but do you honestly think that he would've refused a trade to San Antonio and the chance to play alongside Robinson and Duncan simply because we wouldn't guarantee an extension? On top of that, Payton had no guarantee from Seattle with respect to an extension. If we wanted to make a deal, we could've and Payton would have an expiring contract this summer.

...because anyone outside of you and Admiral's Payton cluster-**** society knows what is preferable. -Marcus Bryant

A fine example of the classy work we've come to expect from Marcus Bryant. :rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
05-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Payton required an extension from the Spurs.

Trading away your best backup big with an aging center with health problems makes no sense whatsoever. All you want is the Spurs to screw their future just so your boy DRob goes out on top. Sorry, I'm a Spurs fan not exclusively a DRob fan like you.

DRob could not be relied upon as we found out in the 2002 playoffs...and you expect his back to hold up when the Spurs deal away their top backup? Get real.

ChumpDumper
05-15-2003, 07:48 PM
http://www.deephousepage.com/smilies/deadhorse.gif

T Park Num 9
06-17-2003, 06:02 AM
Alright,

we won the ring.

Is EVERYONE on teh Jermaine Oneal bandwagon???

spurster
06-17-2003, 03:44 PM

Here's one for today.

http://www.nature1st.org/pages/crows.jpg