PDA

View Full Version : _New HP Pavillion Notebooks 378.00 each!

mouse
11-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Walmart (Bandera and Mainland) has a preview ad of thier upcoming "Black Friday" sales the day after Thanksgiving.

HP Pavillion ze2308 Notebook
AMD Mobile Sempron 2600+ Processor
256MB DDR SDRAM Memory
40GB Hard Drive
DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
802.11b/g Wireless Networking
15" TFT XGA Display
(limit 1 per customer)

$378.00 (no rebates)

Sale from 5-11 AM, and a few other GREAT price electronics.

fraga
11-20-2005, 05:01 PM
That sh!t is mine...I saw it first...

RichieRich
11-20-2005, 05:02 PM
That is a great deal. I may even grab one of those.

ChumpDumper
11-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Some other rumored Black Friday deals can be found here (http://w888.lunarpages.com/bf.htm).

SequSpur
11-20-2005, 05:28 PM
I am all over that.

spurs=bling
11-20-2005, 05:32 PM
what about my area????

or is just at that walmart.

mouse
11-20-2005, 05:40 PM
I am not sure, here is the original topic...

http://p078.ezboard.com/f550undergroundfrm7.showMessage?topicID=7226.topic

Vashner
11-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Loss leaders... (old retail trick to bring in people with rat bait)

I bet they will be sold out in 5 minutes after the heard runs in...

mouse
11-20-2005, 06:14 PM
I Remember last year some sort of sale like this one. they showed people standing in line for hours, and when the gates opened many got trampled on, I think someone died, anyone remember the story? and what it was that was on sale?

KEDA
11-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Thanks, now I get to see all of the competitons ads!!!

we dont even have our ad, but its on the site!

wonderful!

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-20-2005, 07:09 PM
If you're trying to plan for Friday, here's every ad for every store......

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/

Good luck with that Wal Mart laptop, there's going to be like 5 a store.

mouse
11-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Funny how everyone will be running through the stores like a bunch of looters, and they just happen to call it Black friday. :lmao

ZStomp
11-20-2005, 07:48 PM
^^ :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-20-2005, 09:02 PM
:lmao

GoldToe
11-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Funny how everyone will be running through the stores like a bunch of looters, and they just happen to call it Black friday. :lmao

Some are already outside of Wal-Marts.

http://k04.com/pics/29519072389.gif

gollum
11-20-2005, 11:41 PM

^ :lmao

I didn't see the looter at first :lol

Looter
11-20-2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the new sig gold toe, you know how to sock it to me :smokin

easjer
11-21-2005, 09:53 AM
The rumor about someone being trampled to death in the rush for these sales is just that - a rumor. Urban legend if you will.

Although - having been a regular at black Friday sales for the past 7 years, it can be a little dangerous and scary. Two? Three? years ago, after I nearly got trampled in the bid for $20 DVD players at WalMart, there was reportedly a woman who DID get trampled, and was taken to the hospital. WalMart gave her a ton of free stuff so she wouldn't sue, and then it came out that this was the fourth or fifth time she'd been 'trampled' in these kind of sales, and it was all a scam she'd been running.

The best thing to do, if you really want this item or a similar limited quantity early bird item is to go to the 24 hour WalMart. They keep the items going on sale wrapped up, but crowds form around them beginning between 2-4:00 (depending on the scale of the deal). If you are early enough, you can get them and run.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2005, 02:01 AM
Dell has been selling their bottom feeder laptop for $399 (after $100) rebate off and on for the past few weeks. This time it's on their small business site (http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=s81103s), but they really don't care about who is buying in case you want to avoid a trampling or two.

Puppy Dog
11-22-2005, 02:12 AM
you know what? the heck with retail.

to have one built is so much cheaper, and if i ever really wanted retail?

costco just has the most for the money...so screw the lines too.

SequSpur
11-22-2005, 02:15 AM
Dude I am getting these for my whole family

Odalay!

SequSpur
11-23-2005, 12:26 AM
So when do the ads come out? Because I am hittin it.

AlamoSpursFan
11-23-2005, 01:08 AM
The ad I got in my mail today says the laptops will be $488.

SequSpur
11-23-2005, 01:10 AM
dude, check out walmart.com.

every walmart in SA is having this 378 deal.

AlamoSpursFan
11-23-2005, 01:14 AM
I think the $488 one might be a little more tricked out and not limited to 5 per store.

I left the ad in the truck and I'm too damn lazy to go out and get it.

maxpower
11-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Loss leaders... (old retail trick to bring in people with rat bait)

I bet they will be sold out in 5 minutes after the heard runs in...

Here is someone who has never been to a Wal-Mart Black Friday sale.

They have traditionally had pallets and pallets of their hot items down their aisles.

Duff McCartney
11-23-2005, 12:48 PM
We have a PC Desktop on sale at OD for 99 dollars. But people are probably gonna get pissed off because it's only available through order.

Duff McCartney
11-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks, now I get to see all of the competitons ads!!!

we dont even have our ad, but its on the site!

wonderful!

Yeah spent most of yesterday rearranging everything in the store and setting up all the shit we are gonna have on sale.

Puppy Dog
11-23-2005, 02:36 PM
We have a PC Desktop on sale at OD for 99 dollars. But people are probably gonna get pissed off because it's only available through order.

i'm very interested, is this online? i'll check now...thanks for the heads up brother. :tu

batman2883
11-23-2005, 02:48 PM
i HAVE THE BLACKLIST AND I CAN SEE ANY STORES ADS I'VE HAD IT FOR LIKE THE PAST MONTH OR SO, I HAVE FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES I LOVE ME

kris
11-23-2005, 03:51 PM
I usually leave this stuff to the birds, but I think I might be able to use a new computer. I'm not overly up to date on prices on electronics - what are the steals among steals on black friday? Are there any strategy tips on the best stores to go to first and at what time?

Duff or Keda, do you have any insider info tips?

I kind of like the hysteria of this kind of stuff for the 30 minutes or so it lasts while I'm waiting in line until the time I get the product, though. I usually know when to make my surge forward ala Lamont Jordan.

tlongII
11-23-2005, 03:53 PM
I usually leave this stuff to the birds, but I think I might be able to use a new computer. I'm not overly up to date on prices on electronics - what are the steals among steals on black friday? Are there any strategy tips on the best stores to go to first and at what time?

I kind of like the hysteria of this kind of stuff for the 30 minutes or so it lasts while I'm waiting in line until the time I get the product, though. I usually know when to make my surge forward ala Lamont Jordan.

Just give Duff the money and have him get something for you.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Three hundred, Seventy Eight Dollahs?!?!?!?????

http://www.thebunce.co.uk/bunceimages/explosion.jpg
(my chode)

Duff McCartney
11-23-2005, 05:13 PM

You might want to get there early..and when I say early I mean like a day early. I know that there are people that are gonna camp out at the Best Buy across the parking lot from the store.

There's gonna be a huge amount of people.

MannyIsGod
11-23-2005, 05:30 PM
That OD 99 dollar deal sounds like a good computer, but be warned there are about 300 dollars in mail in rebates. I fucking hate rebates.

KEDA
11-23-2005, 05:37 PM
That OD 99 dollar deal sounds like a good computer, but be warned there are about 300 dollars in mail in rebates. I fucking hate rebates.

OK, heres the deal

both the desktop and laptop are special order only, we do not have these items in the stores.

But, because they are special order, that means that you can come in anytime on Friday or Saturday and order them. Also these computers do not include shipping, which for the desktop is about 99$ because they have to ship that heavy 17 inch CRT monitor. Im not sure about the laptop shipping, I would assume it would be considerably less. Also these computer prices are AFTER mail in rebates which usually take about 7-10 weeks to get back.

Ill be here at the store until close, if you guys have any other questions, either come by, or call and I will try to answer them.

SequSpur
11-24-2005, 12:57 AM
where do you work?

ZStomp
11-24-2005, 01:29 AM
Just give Duff the money and have him get something for you.

Vashner
11-24-2005, 02:41 AM
Yea rebates blow.. they expect people to never use them.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2005, 01:31 PM
OK, heres the deal

both the desktop and laptop are special order only, we do not have these items in the stores.

But, because they are special order, that means that you can come in anytime on Friday or Saturday and order them. Also these computers do not include shipping, which for the desktop is about 99$ because they have to ship that heavy 17 inch CRT monitor. Im not sure about the laptop shipping, I would assume it would be considerably less. Also these computer prices are AFTER mail in rebates which usually take about 7-10 weeks to get back.

Ill be here at the store until close, if you guys have any other questions, either come by, or call and I will try to answer them.I actually like the idea of ordering instead of fighting for the 10 or so laptops that might be in the store -- too bad it's not available online, but they want folks in the stores. Fortunately I know of an OD in a relative backwater area here, so traffic won't be too much of an issue should I choose to go.

Vashner
11-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Again it's a loss leader. Leaving you pay shipping means they company dragged your ass into it's store to spend money. At no retail spending cost to them.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2005, 05:40 PM
For those who prefer online deals Dell Home (http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?CS=19&kc=6W300&oc=d81105a) has their new bottom-feeder notebook on sale for $459.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Again it's a loss leader. Leaving you pay shipping means they company dragged your ass into it's store to spend money. At no retail spending cost to them.Yeah, right next to the grocery store where I pick up Shiner after work-- the horror....

Really depends on the shipping cost of the notebook.

Vashner
11-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Where's the Kofi Annan 100 dollar laptop!
Dumper - I am just telling you how they used the loss leader method. Before I worked for military I used to work for a major office products store and the national VP told me about how the scheme works. We sold some crap computers for 100 bucks just to get people in to sell them all the other products in the store.

Like I said it's rat cheese bait. Remember my job is to inform you blue pills about the real world instead of what's programmed by KFC and CNN.

MannyIsGod
11-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Who cares what it is if the Laptop is a good deal? I hate rebates so I'd be more inclined to go with a different offer, but the price on that notebook is flat out good.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2005, 06:13 PM
So if I stroll over to OD Saturday after picking up a 12 of Shiner, order the notebook without getting anything else -- what does that mean?

Just because you were a shill doesn't mean everyone is stupid enough to fall for it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Remember my job is to inform you blue pills about the real world instead of what's programmed by KFC and CNN.

Many times, I wish it were your job to inform us that you've decided to shut the hell up.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2005, 06:35 PM
but they want folks in the stores.Next time, try telling me something I didn't already know and acknowledged, assner.

If I go, I'll let you know if I ended up picking up a suite of office furniture as well.

Vashner
11-24-2005, 06:36 PM
See how commies want to silence the good guys!

But yea 400 bucks is a good price. Hopefully prices and performance will go down. The PCI-E mobile interface standard is the future. You can get XBox 360 performance level with a Nvidia 6800 or 7800 GT in the compact PCI-E for notebooks. As well as ATI X800. I don't know if X1800 shader 3.0 chipset will be offered for notebooks. This should push non performance laptop prices down.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2005, 06:40 PM
My notebook needs are pretty modest , I do like the 14" widescreen form factor but might end up getting a Toshiba because they currently have better graphics options.

Silver21_Black20
11-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Damn...378...I want one... :depressed

MannyIsGod
11-24-2005, 06:55 PM
I like the screen as well. I'm severely tempted to get one, but I'm going to hold off for awhile. I have a feeling Dell will end up putting out something that will make me smile in the spring.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-24-2005, 06:58 PM
See how commies want to silence the assholes!

There...I fixed it for you.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2005, 07:01 PM
I don't know what Dell's product cycle is, but that last one I just linked is a new model with the 14" widescreen available. Only crappy Intel graphics though - may be awhile before notebooks of that size come with upgradeable graphics.

fraga
11-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Damn internet got it wrong..the paper says 499.99 for the Walmart laptop...either way..that's still a good price...I'll send my wife to go hunt one down...

KEDA
11-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Again it's a loss leader. Leaving you pay shipping means they company dragged your ass into it's store to spend money. At no retail spending cost to them.

How do you figure that it is no cost to us?

I work for the company that is selling the special order laptop.

I guarantee you that we are making no money on those laptops, why do you think they are called LOSS LEADERS. And what about advertising those flyers in todays paper wern't free. Many stores ran a negative margin on this day last year, as most retailers do on black friday. The objective for retialers tomorrow is to drive bottom line sales, not profit margin. And if, by some reason we do turn a profit tomorrow, then we did more than what we expected.

Why dont you just say "WOW thats a good deal on a laptop" or "Nah, I think Im going to save my money for a better deal".

I am not dragging your ass anywhere, Im not forcing you to go anywhere either, all we are doing as a company, is offering you a pretty good deal on a laptop, you dont have to purchase it, and you can take your business elsewhere.

And one other note, ALL special order computers, laptops or desktops, are required to pay shipping, no special charges are being added for the holidays, this is a standard charge.

Vashner
11-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Was talking about the mail order deal. They just want foot traffic instead of "giving" you a good deal. We are talking about big chain stores not mom and pop. Chain stores don't give a fuck if you get a deal or not. They just want money.

Trainwreck2100
11-24-2005, 11:17 PM
How do you figure that it is no cost to us?

I work for the company that is selling the special order laptop.

I guarantee you that we are making no money on those laptops, why do you think they are called LOSS LEADERS. And what about advertising those flyers in todays paper wern't free. Many stores ran a negative margin on this day last year, as most retailers do on black friday. The objective for retialers tomorrow is to drive bottom line sales, not profit margin. And if, by some reason we do turn a profit tomorrow, then we did more than what we expected.

Why dont you just say "WOW thats a good deal on a laptop" or "Nah, I think Im going to save my money for a better deal".

I am not dragging your ass anywhere, Im not forcing you to go anywhere either, all we are doing as a company, is offering you a pretty good deal on a laptop, you dont have to purchase it, and you can take your business elsewhere.

And one other note, ALL special order computers, laptops or desktops, are required to pay shipping, no special charges are being added for the holidays, this is a standard charge.

I'm lost, how much for the special order laptops from OD?

MannyIsGod
11-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Was talking about the mail order deal. They just want foot traffic instead of "giving" you a good deal. We are talking about big chain stores not mom and pop. Chain stores don't give a fuck if you get a deal or not. They just want money.
Dude, thats business?

mugatu
11-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Hey trainWreck? where did you get your flaming font from?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-25-2005, 12:58 AM

http://www.frontiernet.net/~joe14580/captain%20obvious.jpg

Trainwreck2100
11-25-2005, 01:03 AM
Hey trainWreck? where did you get your flaming font from?

flamingtext.com

SequSpur
11-25-2005, 01:14 AM
just came from walmart, there are already about 100+ mofos lined up in damn store around the electronics dept.

losers.

Zombie
11-25-2005, 01:17 AM
Atleast they are indoors! :lol
I bet each store only has about 5 of these laptops.

Trainwreck2100
11-25-2005, 01:26 AM
just came from walmart, there are already about 100+ mofos lined up in damn store around the electronics dept.

losers.

That's why you don't go to a supercenter, but to one that has to close. We got that gem from a friend that works at a Wal Mart in Houston

SequSpur
11-25-2005, 01:31 AM
where is one in sA? all the ones closed to me are supercenters

Trainwreck2100
11-25-2005, 01:42 AM
jones maltsberger.

mugatu
11-25-2005, 02:04 AM
flamingtext.com

http://69.42.73.76/netfu/tmp10020/coollogo_com_258832446.gif

Trainwreck2100
11-25-2005, 02:09 AM
http://69.42.73.76/netfu/tmp10020/coollogo_com_258832446.gif

You can't ever hyperlink from the site, you have to save it and then host it, cause it drops it in like 2 hours

Richard Pryor
11-25-2005, 02:55 AM

losers.

Just say you lost you mommy and work you way up to the front you short motherfucker. :lmao :p

Solid D
11-25-2005, 09:20 AM

losers.

There is just something a bit ironic about you calling them "losers" after posting your eyewitness account from there early in the morning of the sale.

TDMVPDPOY
11-25-2005, 12:07 PM
buy it and go onto eebay resell it

Solid D
11-25-2005, 05:34 PM
Did anyone get a notebook?

davi78239
11-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Hell No!! Me and my girlfriends 3 brothers and sisters all went to get one, but that sure as hell didn't happen. We went to the SuperCenter on Austin HWY and boy let me tell you!! There was rioting and fights nearly breaking out!! They had no orderly line system, people were in the back wating to see what was gonna come out of the back and just jumping on to things. At this store, they were only gonna have 8 or 12, I believe. When they came out, there was a huge rush, which had to be broken off by constables and Wal-Mart staff and it got pretty damn ugly!! People even got some wrestled away from them from staff because they were so out of control and didn't let the staff set them down where they were initially going to in the first place. So then, the ones that got taken away to the back, were eventually brought back out and thrown up in the air (I kid you not) and people were coming down with them to the ground fighting. The constable and security had really control things and help the individual who got to it first, get away with it safely. Now after all this crap on my side of town, I heard that at I-10 and Dezavala, they had orderly fashion lines for each product and it was basically first come first serve. The employees went through and got each persons names up in the front and put them on the empty laptop boxes. When it was time to bring them out, the people with their names on a box got theirs. When taken to the front, the cashier would ask for ID to verify that you are on the person on the box, and then you would get the actual laptop. Boy, next time I'm going to the nicer sides of town. Hell, we were there since 11:00 p.m. and didn't get shit at that Wal-mart!! Had we been at a nicer one like De Zavala, we would of gotten our shit for sure being there that early!! Oh well, we know for next time if there is a next time. Never seen such crazier shit in my life!! So, did anyone manage to get one these damn things after all? We're just gonna go half and half on the one that circuit city is offering for 799.00 that includes a printer and internet card. We'll go see if there's any in stock tonight and if not, just order it online. I think this sale is good for just today and tommorow.

Vashner
11-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Told ya..
Mr Miagisan told me about loss leaders and stuff...
Sale on.. Sale off!
http://www.margorochelle.com/htm/p/084.jpg

ChumpDumper
11-25-2005, 06:21 PM
I think if I pick anything up this week, it'll be the new Dell (http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?CS=19&kc=6W300&oc=d81105a) I listed earlier. I don't think there's a link to it on the main site, so the deal might stay a bit longer than some of the others from Dell. Current ship date is December 12.

Either that or hold off and buy a custom Toshiba later.

KEDA
11-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Yeah, H P was so overwhelmed by the special orders from us, that they shut the site down at 9:20am. So I have been chewed out about 35 times today, and its the samen "false advertising" story every time.

But if you look at the very bottom of our ad, it says quantities limited, so usually when a customer sees this, it does nothing but make them even more ma at me, and I have doen nothing.

Yeah, today has sucked a big chorizo!

N.Y. Johnny
11-25-2005, 06:52 PM

hahah its Pat Battle!!!! i didn't think i'd ever see her in a Spurs forum holy shit!!! :elephant

Vashner
11-25-2005, 08:45 PM
WTF I want my $100 Kofi Annan Deluxe Laptop
http://www.laptopical.com/100-dollar-laptop.jpg