PDA

View Full Version : NBA starting five: Players who most want to be traded

howard2
11-20-2005, 09:50 PM
San Antonio Express-News
By Mike Monroe
Nov 20, 2005
Link: San Antonio Express-News (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA112005.14C.BKNstarting.five.26329ba8.html)

NBA starting five: Players who most want to be traded

The five NBA players who most want to be traded, with the chances they will get their wishes:

1. Tim Thomas, Bulls: Thus far this season, Thomas has played only 32 minutes in eight games and scored only 13 points. Says Thomas: "It's just a waste of time being here if I'm not going to play and help the team. On the other hand, it seems like it's a waste of time for the organization. So let's just shake hands and go about it and part ways." —Odds of Bulls being able to trade his $13.6million contract: 10-1.

2. Stephon Marbury, Knicks: It took only seven games for the rift between Marbury, the self-declared "greatest point guard in the NBA" — and Larry Brown to go public. Marbury made it clear he doesn't like having to run set plays most of the time and told Brown he wants to be used like Brown used Allen Iverson in Philadelphia. —Odds of Knicks trading Marbury: 5-2.

3. Jalen Rose, Raptors: The $15million dollar man's 551-game streak of scoring at least one point ended Wednesday when he didn't score and committed four fouls — three offensive — in seven minutes of uninspiring action. Afterward, he made it clear he wasn't happy with his benching. —Odds of Raptors trading Rose: 3-1.

4. Vladimir Radmanovic, SuperSonics: Radmanovic turned down a six-year, $42million contract offer in the summer so he could become a free agent. Naturally, he is unhappy to be averaging only 18 minutes for one of the league's worst teams. His agent says he won't demand a trade but will if things haven't changed after a dozen games. —Odds of Sonics trading Radmanovic: 2-1.

5. Malik Rose, Knicks: Unlike Marbury, the former Spurs player isn't feuding with his coach or causing problems, but Rose can't be happy with his limited role. Accustomed to playing for a title contender, Rose wants to be a contributor on a good team, and he could be. Trouble is, he has four more years at more than $29million. —Odds of Knicks trading Rose: 8-1.

ChumpDumper
11-20-2005, 09:56 PM
We'll have to see how long Malik starts. Showcase or covering for Curry's crappy boarding?

ducks
11-20-2005, 10:30 PM
fryes 22 point outing does not help rose
and fryes good passing skills

ChumpDumper
11-20-2005, 10:35 PM
fryes 22 point outing does not help roseCurry's 2 boards do.

genghisrex
11-20-2005, 11:05 PM
4. Vladimir Radmanovic, SuperSonics: Radmanovic turned down a six-year, $42million contract offer in the summer so he could become a free agent. Naturally, he is unhappy to be averaging only 18 minutes for one of the league's worst teams. His agent says he won't demand a trade but will if things haven't changed after a dozen games. —Odds of Sonics trading Radmanovic: 2-1.
Perhaps I missed something in the new CBA, but I thought Radmanovic took the 1-year qualifying offer, which at least used to mean he couldn't be traded.

kskonn
11-20-2005, 11:05 PM
lee has also been playing some solid minutes.

NZHayden
11-20-2005, 11:12 PM
so when does the vbookie go up? i like the odds

JMarkJohns
11-21-2005, 12:10 AM
I would have to say Garnett is on this list. He may not be vocal, but it's only because he loves the fans. He wants to win and they've given him junk to win with.

CubanMustGo
11-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Hey, Malik started tonight and had 22 minutes. They must be getting ready to do a deal on a trade. :blah

Pandaemonaeon
11-21-2005, 02:11 AM
Sonics Off-Season To-Do List:
1. Rick Sund
2. Ray Allen
3. Nate McMillan
8. Reggie Evans
47. Damien Wilkins
350. Vladimir Radmanovic

exstatic
11-21-2005, 07:26 AM
Perhaps I missed something in the new CBA, but I thought Radmanovic took the 1-year qualifying offer, which at least used to mean he couldn't be traded.

Qualifying offer, or not, no one on any one year contract can be traded. I think that may be why NVE only signed for one year.

angel_luv
11-21-2005, 11:01 AM
5. Malik Rose, Knicks: Unlike Marbury, the former Spurs player isn't feuding with his coach or causing problems, but Rose can't be happy with his limited role. Accustomed to playing for a title contender, Rose wants to be a contributor on a good team, and he could be. Trouble is, he has four more years at more than $29million. —Odds of Knicks trading Rose: 8-1.

I undestand that it is impossible, but I still wish we could get Malik back.

I hope everything starts falling in place for him- if not in New York then somewhere really great. Malik is awesome.

boutons
11-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Malik is awesome.

... perhpas as a person perhaps, but much less awesome as a basketball player.

SenorSpur
11-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Malik is awesome.

... perhpas as a person perhaps, but much less awesome as a basketball player.

Me too. I feel bad that he ended up in such a "shithole" of a team like the Knicks.

As an example of how bad a mess they have, they just signed Jerome James (aka 'Big Snacks') over the summer and not even two months into the season, they're looking to ship him out. Isiah must have known how much of a "dog" this guy was before he signed him. Did he really need Larry Brown to remind him of that fact?