PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about bidding on Ebay?

Horry For 3!
11-21-2005, 02:25 AM
I put money on a Julius Jones jersey with like 5 secs left and I got beat. How is that possible....someone bet with like 2 secs or something? :pctoss

PM5K
11-21-2005, 02:30 AM
I forget what it's called but when you bid you can bid a max, and eBay will automatically raise your bid each time you get outbid up to your max...

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-21-2005, 02:30 AM
It's called "sniping" (for the first question).

Also, your bid may have already been auto-bid (for the second post) ahead of yours, so as you bid, the auto-bid took over for somebody who might have bid more.

There are some auto-snipe programs that bid in the final seconds as well.

Horry For 3!
11-21-2005, 02:50 AM
Bastard, I was pretty fuckin pissed. Because I made a timer and I did it with like 5 secs left. I bet $64 and it said you have been outbid and then it was too late for me to bid again and I lost, the other guy had got it for $65 :bang

Horry For 3!
11-21-2005, 02:53 AM
Alright I put my max bid at $64 for this other.

Right now Current big is :$49.99

So say someone bets $53, mine will go to $54 automatically?

SequSpur
11-21-2005, 02:57 AM
yep

Horry For 3!
11-21-2005, 03:01 AM
yep
Excellent. I hope I get it :) I have been wanting the jersey for awhile now.

RashoFan
11-21-2005, 03:30 AM
Just keep an eye on the bid...you could have someone come in at the last few minutes put in a larger amount for the bid. Say that you are high bidder with item currently at $25.00 and you have a max bid set at $30.00. Someone can can in and put a bid for $50.00 in the last few minutes left, the item will go to them for $30.50
I you knew this already...I apologize for assuming you have limited expirience with EBAY.

Horry For 3!
11-21-2005, 04:04 AM
Just keep an eye on the bid...you could have someone come in at the last few minutes put in a larger amount for the bid. Say that you are high bidder with item currently at $25.00 and you have a max bid set at $30.00. Someone can can in and put a bid for $50.00 in the last few minutes left, the item will go to them for $30.50
I you knew this already...I apologize for assuming you have limited expirience with EBAY.
Yeah. I put my Max bid kinda high so I hope I will get it.

RashoFan
11-21-2005, 04:25 AM
Yeah. I put my Max bid kinda high so I hope I will get it.
Good luck with the bidding...I just got tix to Friday's game via Ebay...

PM5K
11-21-2005, 04:46 AM

Cool!

alamo50
11-21-2005, 06:06 AM

Good luck getting actualy getting them in your hands!

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 08:56 AM

I just posted mine for Friday about 5 minutes ago... :lol :nerd

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Good luck getting actualy getting them in your hands!

I've sold & bought tons of tickets and other things through ebay and never had a problem....I've got 100% positive feedback, and don't mess with anyone less than 98%...at least I don't.

:fro

pache100
11-21-2005, 11:18 AM
I've sold & bought tons of tickets and other things through ebay and never had a problem....I've got 100% positive feedback, and don't mess with anyone less than 98%...at least I don't.

Me, too. I have bought a bunch of stuff, all kinds of stuff. All kinds of sports memorabilia items (all sports, football, basketball, baseball, hockey, NASCAR, boxing), lots of "awareness" merchandise (particularly breast cancer awareness), camping stuff, one of those desktop mini-refrigerators, charms for the stainless steel Italian charm bracelets (you can get some steals on those) and all kinds of other jewelry, books, CDs, DVDs, collectible toys. I've only gotten a couple of things that I didn't think were worth what I paid for them, and I've been doing this for about 5 years.

You just have to decide what the maximun amount is that you are willing to pay for something and do not go higher than that.

I set up my seller's account a long time ago, but I have not sold anything on eBay yet.

Clandestino
11-21-2005, 11:39 AM
www.auctionstealer.com is a good FREE site trying to steal auctions at the last second.. i think esnipe is too

Horry For 3!
11-21-2005, 03:06 PM
I just bought the George Gervin Swingman Jersey for $70 + $10 for shipping! Woooo! The same jersey I put a bet for, some other dude wanted it and it got shot up to like $86 + $12 for shipping. So I got a deal out of that. Sucks for that other dude :lmao

Horry For 3!
11-21-2005, 03:08 PM
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1917/georgegervin3xk.jpg

Beautiful :)

pache100
11-21-2005, 03:09 PM
I just bought the George Gervin Jersey for $70 + $10 for shipping! Woooo! The same jersey I put a bet for, some other dude wanted it and it got shot up to like $86 + $12 for shipping. So I got a deal out of that. Sucks for that other dude :lmao

Sometimes (actually, frequently), the seller on eBay will send you an email after the auction ends and offer you a "second chance" on the same item (when they have more than one item onhand) for the amount of your final bid, even thought the auction went higher than your final bid. I have gotten several great items like that, one NASCAR jacket for about $30 less than the auction price!

pache100
11-21-2005, 03:10 PM
That's GREAT, Horry_For_3!!! Congratulations, beautiful jersey!

ObiwanGinobili
11-21-2005, 03:17 PM
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1917/georgegervin3xk.jpg

Beautiful :)

:tu niiiiice!!! :smokin

Xolotl
11-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Congrats on the jersey I got a Gervin All-star throwback off Ebay. But dangit somebody keeps jacking the Spud Webb jersey when I bid on it :(

Marklar MM
11-21-2005, 03:30 PM
As said, only buy from people who have super high ratings, and not alot of negative feedbacks.

Horry For 3!
11-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Congrats on the jersey I got a Gervin All-star throwback off Ebay. But dangit somebody keeps jacking the Spud Webb jersey when I bid on it :(
I saw some Spud Webb jerseys on there the other day. The Mitchell & Ness ones. That throwback Hawks jersey looks bad ass.

Horry For 3!
11-21-2005, 03:33 PM
As said, only buy from people who have super high ratings, and not alot of negative feedbacks.
Yeah the guy I bought from only had like 2 which was from 12 months ago. He never had any the past 6 months and his rating is 99.9%. So I should be good to go.

Clandestino
11-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Sometimes (actually, frequently), the seller on eBay will send you an email after the auction ends and offer you a "second chance" on the same item (when they have more than one item onhand) for the amount of your final bid, even thought the auction went higher than your final bid. I have gotten several great items like that, one NASCAR jacket for about $30 less than the auction price!

half the time if i lose an auction i e-mail the seller and ask if they have extras... they sell for the same or cheaper price..

timvp
11-21-2005, 07:14 PM
I put money on a Julius Jones jersey

You might as well get the Marion Barber III jersey while you are at it.

:smokin

Horry For 3!
11-21-2005, 09:05 PM
You might as well get the Marion Barber III jersey while you are at it.

:smokin
Barber lll is pretty good but Julius is my boy. I have liked him since he started out at Notre Dame because Notre Dame is my 2nd fav college football team besides #1 Texas.

Horry For 3!
11-22-2005, 01:53 AM
Excellent. I won the Julius Jones jersey. Some bastard decided to bet on it so it got moved up in price. But I had my Max bid at $64 so that is what I got it at.

Oh well. The jersey is retailed at $250 and I got it for $76 that includes shipping so I'm happy. :)

midgetonadonkey
11-22-2005, 02:17 AM
If Barber keeps playing the way he is and if Jones is as injury prone as he seems to be, it would seem like Jones may end up on another team. He doesn't seem to be as good as he seemed to be last season.

SequSpur
11-22-2005, 02:18 AM
Julius Jones jerseys are on sale at Oshmans for 2 for 1. Like 10 bucks or something like that, u got hosed.

Horry For 3!
11-22-2005, 02:54 AM
Julius Jones jerseys are on sale at Oshmans for 2 for 1. Like 10 bucks or something like that, u got hosed.
Nah. It is Authentic and places have it retailed for $250.

Horry For 3!
11-28-2005, 04:47 PM
I got the Julius Jones jersey. The stupid bitch sent me the wrong jersey. It is the Thanksgiving one jersey, even though I wanted that one. The problem is the #2 on the back of the jersey is fucked up.

Do I get a refund or something for this kind of shit?

pache100
11-28-2005, 04:53 PM
I got the Julius Jones jersey. The stupid bitch sent me the wrong jersey. It is the Thanksgiving one jersey, even though I wanted that one. The problem is the #2 on the back of the jersey is fucked up.

Do I get a refund or something for this kind of shit?

Depends on the seller, whether they have posted a "satisfaction guaranteed" or a "all sales final" disclaimer with the item. I'd email them and see what they say. Tell them you will post negative feedback on eBay if they do not make good on their sale (give your money back or send you the item you bid on in good faith). That sometimes does the trick, but not always. Some sellers just don't care if you post negative feedback. If you do post negative feedback, give as many details of why you were not satisfied with the sale as you can in the limited space they give you. Because they will probably post negative feedback for you as the buyer in retaliation.

Horry For 3!
11-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Depends on the seller, whether they have posted a "satisfaction guaranteed" or a "all sales final" disclaimer with the item. I'd email them and see what they say. Tell them you will post negative feedback on eBay if they do not make good on their sale (give your money back or send you the item you bid on in good faith). That sometimes does the trick, but not always. Some sellers just don't care if you post negative feedback. If you do post negative feedback, give as many details of why you were not satisfied with the sale as you can in the limited space they give you. Because they will probably post negative feedback for you as the buyer in retaliation.
Oops. I posted negative feedback already. I guess I won't get shit back now. Oh well. I was trying to fix it up, I think I might be able to. It isn't too bad, you can't see it from far away but up close you can. I'll ask my grandma how to fix it, she knows bout that kind of stuff.

tlongII
11-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Oops. I posted negative feedback already. I guess I won't get shit back now. Oh well. I was trying to fix it up, I think I might be able to. It isn't too bad, you can't see it from far away but up close you can. I'll ask my grandma how to fix it, she knows bout that kind of stuff.

Sorry you got hosed dude.

Horry For 3!
11-28-2005, 05:25 PM
I just looked at the person's policy. It said this....

Seller's return policy:
Item must be returned within: 7 Days
Refund will be given as: Money Back

SpursWoman
11-28-2005, 05:29 PM

You already posted negative feedback on the seller without even trying to contact them first to see if it was just an accident and give them a chance to correct the problem?

A lot of people are earning a living on ebay these days, and feedback score is pretty important. I know I always look at if before I buy something from someone...

Horry For 3!
11-28-2005, 05:31 PM
You already posted negative feedback on the seller without even trying to contact them first to see if it was just an accident and give them a chance to correct the problem?

A lot of people are earning a living on ebay these days, and feedback score is pretty important. I know I always look at if before I buy something from someone...

Yeah, I was pretty pissed off about it. Plus it was my first purchase on ebay, so not happy at all.

j-6
Horry, was the picture and description of the jersey on ebay definitely different from the one you got? If so, go to the dispute console and report the seller.

Horry For 3!
Horry, was the picture and description of the jersey on ebay definitely different from the one you got? If so, go to the dispute console and report the seller.
Yeah. It was way different.

j-6
11-28-2005, 05:32 PM

I actually was going to start a thread asking if anyone here makes significant money off of ebay and if they had any tips to share.

SpursWoman
11-28-2005, 05:34 PM
So you contributed to ruining that seller's reputation for what could have been just an honest mistake in shipping without even letting them know they'd made a mistake?

Sorry for the mix up or whatever, but if you choose to use ebay again in the future, please don't ever buy anything from me. :lol

SpursWoman
11-28-2005, 05:36 PM
I actually was going to start a thread asking if anyone here makes significant money off of ebay and if they had any tips to share.

I don't sell a significant amount of things, just every once in a while...but we did pretty freaking good on playoff tickets last year. :smokin :nerd

Horry For 3!
11-28-2005, 05:51 PM
So you contributed to ruining that seller's reputation for what could have been just an honest mistake in shipping without even letting them know they'd made a mistake?

Sorry for the mix up or whatever, but if you choose to use ebay again in the future, please don't ever buy anything from me. :lol
I e-mailed the seller about it. Nothing back.

SpursWoman
11-28-2005, 05:54 PM
I e-mailed the seller about it. Nothing back.

Oh ... you didn't say that part. :oops :lol

Yeah, that would definitely piss me off. Fuck 'em. :lol

Horry For 3!
11-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Oh ... you didn't say that part. :oops :lol

Yeah, that would definitely piss me off. Fuck 'em. :lol
Yeah, I read some other negatives on that person. Another said same thing as mine. Wrong jersey and seller didn't respond to the e-mails.

SpursWoman
11-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I read some other negatives on that person. Another said same thing as mine. Wrong jersey and seller didn't respond to the e-mails.

You're supposed to check those out BEFORE you buy anything ... :lol :lol

alamo50
11-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Ya damn rookie!

;)

Mixability
11-28-2005, 06:02 PM
I love ebay, I sold my Xbox 360 for a cool $700. That basically paid for the Xbox 360 that I got for myself! :smokin

Horry For 3!
11-28-2005, 06:08 PM
You're supposed to check those out BEFORE you buy anything ... :lol :lol
I did but a lot of people said good things, so I thought I would risk it. I am going to send it back though. Because the jersey isn't even a real one. Its the Thanksgiving Cowboys jersey. The whole top is suppose to be white and the rest blue. Well this one is sleeves white and rest blue. That is a fake. So I am sending it back and getting my money back. If they don't give me my money, i'll get my cousin lawyer on their ass! :)

Mixability
11-28-2005, 06:10 PM
I did but a lot of people said good things, so I thought I would risk it. I am going to send it back though. Because the jersey isn't even a real one. Its the Thanksgiving Cowboys jersey. The whole top is suppose to be white and the rest blue. Well this one is sleeves white and rest blue. That is a fake. So I am sending it back and getting my money back. If they don't give me my money, i'll get my cousin lawyer on their ass! :)

oh yeah i'm sure they're gonna give your money back after you gave negative feedback! :lol

Horry For 3!
11-28-2005, 06:15 PM
I told my mom about it, she is sending it back Wednesday and getting our money back.

Horry For 3!
11-28-2005, 06:16 PM
oh yeah i'm sure they're gonna give your money back after you gave negative feedback! :lol
They have to send the money back, it is a law of ebay.

Plus I have Lawyers in my family so if they don't the bitch will be screwed and I will get even more money than what I paid for it back.

Horry For 3!
11-29-2005, 01:57 AM
Good news. The seller e-mailed me back and sent me a mutally withdrawl of the negative feedbacks. So I withdrawled my negative comment and she said to send the jersey back and she'll refund it.

Excellente

pache100
11-29-2005, 09:38 AM

You could try getting a message to them thru the eBay message system. I was dealing with one seller who would not respond to my emails when I had a problem. I sent him a message through eBay and he responded in about 5 minutes of my message and we got everything straightened out. Turns out he used an email address in his posting of the auction item that he doesn't check very often (which I thought was kinda dumb), but he says it was a mistake. Anyway, I wound up very pleased with the transaction.

Good news. The seller e-mailed me back and sent me a mutally withdrawl of the negative feedbacks. So I withdrawled my negative comment and she said to send the jersey back and she'll refund it.

Excellente

That's good news. There are a few bad ones that just don't care, but most sellers on eBay want to do right by their customers.

Horry For 3!
11-29-2005, 04:52 PM
I just got my George Gervin jersey in the mail today :elephant I'm excited :) it is just as what was shown. Brand new and nothing wrong with it :elephant

I shall be wearing it soon :smokin

pache100
11-29-2005, 04:57 PM
I just got my George Gervin jersey in the mail today :elephant I'm excited :) it is just as what was shown. Brand new and nothing wrong with it :elephant

I shall be wearing it soon :smokin

Great! You are getting into eBay, huh? I've had a lot of fun buying stuff on there, and have gotten some fantastic deals and steals.

Horry For 3!
11-29-2005, 05:21 PM
Great! You are getting into eBay, huh? I've had a lot of fun buying stuff on there, and have gotten some fantastic deals and steals.
Yeah, kinda. I bought 3 jerseys but sending that Julius Jones jersey back because wrong one.