PDA

View Full Version : The Gluttony Begins: Office Potluck

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Our Thanksgiving office potluck was today....and I'm already Thanksgiving'd out... :vomit :sleep :lol

I brought a huge pan of cornbread dressing that would feed at least 60 people....and it was the first thing GONE. :wow

So for my brilliant dressing, I have to give myself one of these:

http://www.fullsportpress.com/backpatternew.gif

I worked hard on it, dammit! :lmao

JoeChalupa
11-21-2005, 01:23 PM
I love Stovetop dressing. :)

Just kidding, I'm sure you can cook up a storm!!

We are not having an office Thanksgiving potluck this year and I'm glad.

Suns Fan
11-21-2005, 01:24 PM
I wonder if people will need this

http://www.fullsportpress.com/backpatternew.gif

when they are barfing later :lmao

mouse
11-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I wonder if Tpark's office potluck is roasted corn, and funnel cakes :lmao

SpursWoman
Mine was homemade .... :)

And maybe I'm just used to having to cook for a ton of people, but when you make something for a big group, shouldn't you at least double the recipe? Unless it's a dessert thing, I don't get it....

I made a homemade pumpkin pound cake with cinnamon glaze that but for the piece I took to bring home...is gone now, too. :smokin

SpursWoman
I wonder if people will need this

when they are barfing later :lmao.

I'm a good cook, thanks. :)

Slomo
11-21-2005, 01:29 PM
When the subject is food I need more info.

What's a potluck?
What exactly is the dish you made?

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 01:31 PM
A potluck is a dinner where everyone brings a different dish...then have like a buffet. It's where you find out, exactly, which of your co-workers can't cook worth a shit and say a little prayer for their families. :lol

I made cornbread dressing....there's like a million and 1 variations, but mine was green onions & celery sauted in butter, ground beef browned with onions...then all mixed together with dried bread crumbs, soaked with turkey stock..covered with foil and baked for an hour. :)

Deadbeat Dad
11-21-2005, 01:33 PM

Tpark? and potluck? when he's done good luck finding anything left in the pot :lmao

Slomo
11-21-2005, 01:34 PM
A potluck is a dinner where everyone brings a different dish...then have like a buffet. It's where you find out, exactly, which of your co-workers can't cook worth a shit and say a little prayer for their families. :lol
nice concept :tu

So who stinks at cooking in your company?

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 01:36 PM
I don't know yet, there were things there that I was just too chicken to try. :lol

Slomo
11-21-2005, 01:39 PM
:lmao

MiNuS
11-21-2005, 01:49 PM
My perfect ThanksGiving meal would be:

Grilled food.Grilled ribs,fajitas,smoked Sirloin,and ofcourse Cabrito asado!

sigh. Thing is my wife is "traditional" with the DRY turkey and mash potatoes,corn, and stuffing.

Summers
11-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Mm... sounds good. I personally like to take the foil off at the end, so the top gets a little dry and crispy. It absorbs more gravy that way. :lol

Summers
11-21-2005, 01:51 PM
My perfect ThanksGiving meal would be:

Grilled food.Grilled ribs,fajitas,smoked Sirloin,and ofcourse Cabrito asado!

sigh. Thing is my wife is "traditional" with the DRY turkey and mash potatoes,corn, and stuffing.

It's not dry if you soak it in a brine the night before.

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Mm... sounds good. I personally like to take the foil off at the end, so the top gets a little dry and crispy. It absorbs more gravy that way. :lol

I take it off the last 20 minutes... :)

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Oh, and I'm the new kid on the block (so to speak) around here ... so it was important for me that whatever I brought absolutely had to be good. :oops :)

MiNuS
11-21-2005, 01:58 PM
My mother in law cooks it. BUT let me tell you,it is one of the most photogenic turkies on earth! With grapes and garnishes around the damn bird!

oh well!

gay abc
11-21-2005, 02:15 PM
we call it FAT WEEK here at work instead of potluck :lol - the girls make me cook my famous king ranch chicken......

DADDY'S FAMOUS KING RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE

8-9 boiled chicken breasts (save a couple of cups of the broth)
2 cans rotel tomatoes (chunky style)
3 cans cream of chicken soup
2 small cans of sliced black olives (drained)
1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
2 bunches of green onions (chopped)
Corn tortillas
Velvetta cheese
Shredded Colby jack cheese

In large stock pot - simmer cooked chicken (I pull the chicken apart into bite size pieces), rotel tomatoes, cream of chicken soup, olives, corn, green onions and about 2 or 3 cups of the chicken broth for about 30-45 minutes

In large casserole dish - layer corn tortillas (slice them in about 1 inch squares), then velvetta cheese (use a cheese slicer), then chicken mixture (repeat) - last, put a top layer of corn tortillas and cover with the shredded Colby jack cheese - save a little of the green onions and olives for garnish

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes or until cheese bubbles and browns (not burnt)

I usually make this the night before and refrigerate it overnight - if you intend to make and serve it the same day/evening, the baking time should be reduced to half since the casserole will not be cold

Note: I use the following spices when boiling the chicken: salt, pepper, garlic powder, comino and poultry seasoning

SWC Bonfire
11-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Cook the bird upside down in a portable hot cooker so that the breast gets marinaded in the juices from the dark meat. It works, but sometimes puts a scald mark on the outside of the breast. If presentation is your thing, you may have to stick to dry turkey.

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 02:33 PM
we call it FAT WEEK here at work instead of potluck :lol - the girls make me cook my famous king ranch chicken......

DADDY'S FAMOUS KING RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE

8-9 boiled chicken breasts (save a couple of cups of the broth)
2 cans rotel tomatoes (chunky style)
3 cans cream of chicken soup
2 small cans of sliced black olives (drained)
1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
2 bunches of green onions (chopped)
Corn tortillas
Velvetta cheese
Shredded Colby jack cheese

In large stock pot - simmer cooked chicken (I pull the chicken apart into bite size pieces), rotel tomatoes, cream of chicken soup, olives, corn, green onions and about 2 or 3 cups of the chicken broth for about 30-45 minutes

In large casserole dish - layer corn tortillas (slice them in about 1 inch squares), then velvetta cheese (use a cheese slicer), then chicken mixture (repeat) - last, put a top layer of corn tortillas and cover with the shredded Colby jack cheese - save a little of the green onions and olives for garnish

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes or until cheese bubbles and browns (not burnt)

I usually make this the night before and refrigerate it overnight - if you intend to make and serve it the same day/evening, the baking time should be reduced to half since the casserole will not be cold

Note: I use the following spices when boiling the chicken: salt, pepper, garlic powder, comino and poultry seasoning

Thanks!!

I'm actually LMAO at that ... I didn't have enough chicken stock last night for the dressing and I had no desire whatsoever to go back to HEB, so I grabbed some chicken out of the freezer and boiled it to make more. I told User I could make King Ranch chicken or chicken soup or something with all of this damn boiled chicken I had absolutely no need to cook.

You just saved me from having to actually find a good recipe. :elephant :lol

The sone
11-21-2005, 02:55 PM
someones been watching mr brown...
http://img278.imageshack.us/img278/4913/brown4tk.jpg

SequSpur
11-21-2005, 03:52 PM

:lol

samikeyp
11-21-2005, 03:56 PM
mmmm....potluck

Solid D
11-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Keep the corn away from Sequ.

SequSpur
11-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Keep the corn away from Sequ.

corn floats.

Debbie Downer
11-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Tparks:"At least I have a job and own my own buissness you out of work midget" comeback, in 3...................................2............. .................

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 04:03 PM
corn floats.

I also made a creamed corn dish that came out with a little too much liquid.

Your name came up when we were trying to resolve the problem. :lol :lol

SequSpur
11-21-2005, 04:04 PM
I also made a creamed corn dish that came out with a little too much liquid.
Your name came up when we were trying to resolve the problem. :lol :lol

Thanks for thinking of me at such a festive time of year. :angel :angel

CrazyOne
11-21-2005, 04:05 PM
For our office potluck, I made blueberry cheesecake... no leftovers, for sure.

Summers
11-21-2005, 04:08 PM
someones been watching mr brown...
http://img278.imageshack.us/img278/4913/brown4tk.jpg

:lol Yes, his is the recipe I use to make the brine. The turkey comes out perfect everytime.

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 04:35 PM

Oh, yum..... :)

There's like 2 pieces of this turtle chocolate cheescake someone bought that I've been eyeballing for the last hour or so...but I still feel a little nauseous from earlier. :lol

batman2883
11-21-2005, 04:35 PM
fuck that shit our office is having a fucking fingerfood potluck for thanksgiving what kind of shit is that, i want stuffing, turkey, gravy, rolls, and pie god damn it not little pigs in a blanket and cheese and crackers..

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 04:48 PM
fuck that shit our office is having a fucking fingerfood potluck for thanksgiving what kind of shit is that, i want stuffing, turkey, gravy, rolls, and pie god damn it not little pigs in a blanket and cheese and crackers..

We usually start hiring at the end of January/beginning of February.... :lol

KEDA
11-21-2005, 04:49 PM

you better bring one tomorrow night then, we arent having a league potluck, but I want a cheesecake!!

KEDA
11-21-2005, 04:51 PM
oh and we are having one tomorrow, and Im scheduled to bring

Rudy's Creamed Corn!!!!!!!!

Shelly
11-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Alton Brown rules as does Rudy's creamed corn!

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 05:12 PM
I was going to make homemade creamed corn to bring that would put Rudy's to shame...but when I did the math and figured I'd be shucking, cutting and scraping about 60 ears of corn to make an acceptable amount, I figured I just don't like my job that much. :lol

Shelly
11-21-2005, 05:14 PM
I was going to make homemade creamed corn to bring that would put Rudy's to shame...but when I did the math and figured I'd be shucking, cutting and scraping about 60 ears of corn to make an acceptable amount, I figured I just don't like my job that much. :lol

Are you cooking for Thanksgiving or going to someone's house?

I've got an apple pie in the oven right now. It smells gooooooood!

KEDA
11-21-2005, 05:14 PM

that post is useless without samples!

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 05:20 PM

Are you cooking for Thanksgiving or going to someone's house?

I've got an apple pie in the oven right now. It smells gooooooood!

I'd rather just skip it all together....my brother & I are both stalling and it's pissing my sister-in-law off. My vote is for Chinese Buffet....we did the big club party yesterday and the thing here today, I'm already turkey'd out. :lol

that post is useless without samples!

Well, if I can ever make it to another GTG (:depressed), I'll try to bring at least a little. :)

Shelly
11-21-2005, 05:28 PM
My mil is coming to town and I think I'll let her cook the turkey :nerd

KEDA
11-21-2005, 05:43 PM
SW how about PF Changs for Thanksgiving, I heard the General Tso Turkey is outstanding! Also I might reccoment the Cornbread Dressing Stuffed Pot Stickers.

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 05:53 PM
I'd rather pig out on white-meat rangoon. :lol

T Park
11-21-2005, 06:05 PM
damn, chinese sounds good for dinner tonight.

BTW, is SW not the pimpest woman on the board?

Does this, does that.

Shes the swiss army knife of posters.

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 06:14 PM
:lol :)

I SCORED!!

The President, CEO...baddest mofo in the building...just came and asked for the recipe for the Pumpkin/Cinnamon pound cake...apparantly he & his wife are gourmet bakers and he just loved my cake.

:smokin

Okay, I can go home now, put on my fat pants & plop my ass on the couch until the Spurs game comes on....mission accomplished :lol

KEDA
11-21-2005, 06:20 PM

I SCORED!!

Does USER know?

Shelly
11-21-2005, 06:21 PM

I SCORED!!

The President, CEO...baddest mofo in the building...just came and asked for the recipe for the Pumpkin/Cinnamon pound cake...apparantly he & his wife are gourmet bakers and he just loved my cake.

:smokin

Okay, I can go home now, put on my fat pants & plop my ass on the couch until the Spurs game comes on....mission accomplished :lol

Tell him he only gets the recipe if you get a raise!!!!

Solid D
11-21-2005, 06:30 PM

Okay, I can go home now, put on my fat pants

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too funny!!!

Suns Fan
11-21-2005, 06:47 PM
damn, chinese sounds good for dinner tonight.

Grab a thigh...........

http://images.skymall.com/images/products/f2/26/04/69661398x.jpg

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 06:54 PM
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too funny!!!

aka my favorite old sweatpants or my flannel jammie bottoms that are a little too big...for those days when everything just fits a liiiiiittttttle too tight.

:oops :lol

SpursWoman
11-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Tell him he only gets the recipe if you get a raise!!!!

I just did last month...and a little more Christmas cheer today on top of that... :smokin :lol

Clandestino
11-21-2005, 07:29 PM

too fucking crazy! :lmao

slayermin
11-21-2005, 08:43 PM
So is gluttony considered a real sin? Just curious.