PDA

View Full Version : When are the worship services (at the church of Tony)?

Mavs<Spurs
11-21-2005, 02:13 PM
I've always thought that Tony was pretty good, despite imperfections we all noticed (jumpshot, free throws).

However, this season, combined with the improvements I have seen over the last couple of years, has made me a true believer.

Tony has outplayed Tim and Manu so far this season and it very well may last through out the season.

BTW, what's up with all of Tim's turnovers? Is it because he handles the ball so much, poor decision making or all the pressure and attention he demands when he is posting up?

Anyways, as a converted person (after a born again experience (after the Suns game)), I guess I need to find out when the worship service is? I might even drag some friends with me. I guess the Creed is: Tony must make the All Star team!

Tony made every big play down the stretch during the Suns game. He got several key rebounds, a couple of steals (despite the terrible blown call down the sideline), shut down Steve Nash with practically perfect D (can I get a witness- see that forced shot Steve threw up which did not even draw iron) and scored the key baskets to win the game for us. He must have made about 8 huge plays in the fourth quarter to win the game for us. :fro

Big time Props to Tony Parker!!!

:fro

pache100
11-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Six times a day.

Oh, wait. What am I thinking? That's Islam.

Just whenever you feel like it. (Excellent post, BTW!)

boutons
11-21-2005, 02:46 PM
"BTW, what's up with all of Tim's turnovers? Is it because he handles the ball so much, poor decision making or all the pressure and attention he demands when he is posting up?"

yes. When he gets the ball, a maelstrom of hands and arms and bodies descends upon him. We know, everybody else knows, Tim neutralized, Spurs neutralized.

His biggest fault, imo, in that situation is putting the ball on the floor. Instant TO.

Mavs<Spurs
11-21-2005, 03:02 PM
"BTW, what's up with all of Tim's turnovers? Is it because he handles the ball so much, poor decision making or all the pressure and attention he demands when he is posting up?"

yes. When he gets the ball, a maelstrom of hands and arms and bodies descends upon him. We know, everybody else knows, Tim neutralized, Spurs neutralized.

His biggest fault, imo, in that situation is putting the ball on the floor. Instant TO.

Cardinal sin as you are pointing out. Big men should almost always keep the ball up, virtually never bringing it down to where smaller defenders can get it. They instantly lose their height/weight advantage. Guards and even smaller forwards are almost invariably better ball handlers, often more coordinated, and will win that contest just about every single time.

Four turnovers last game. Turnovers were a major problem for us last year. Manu and Tony (I know 6 turnovers, but in general) have cut down on their turnovers consistently.

The Big Fundamental needs to apply this fundamental rule.

ZStomp
11-21-2005, 03:04 PM
:sleep :sleep

Another Chruch of whoever thread...

Mavs<Spurs
11-21-2005, 03:09 PM

Sleeping in church again?

The Pastor's gonna call you on it! He might do it in front of the entire congregation. Be careful, or he might not let you take communion, treating you like an unbeliever.

Hebrews 10:24-26: Let us not forsake the assembling of ourselves together!!!

Making the worship service at church is important!

Consider this a gentle exhortation!

:fro

Dre_7
11-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Hebrews 10:24-26: Let us not forsake the assembling of ourselves together!!!

Exodus 20:3!!

Consider that a gentle exhortation!

Mavs<Spurs
11-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Parece que me tomo en serio, en vez de reconocer que estaba haciendo un chiste no mas. Usted se equivoco.

Entonces, seria mejor si puede calmarse y leer lo que escribo, tomando el contexto en mente.

Dre_7
11-21-2005, 04:10 PM
I understand you guys are just jokin around, it just seems very foolish to me. That is my opinion.

pache100
11-21-2005, 04:13 PM
I understand you guys are just jokin around, it just seems very foolish to me. That is my opinion.

It is foolish. Lighten up!

Mavs<Spurs
11-21-2005, 04:32 PM
It is foolish. Lighten up!

Thank you.

pache100.

:tu :tu

Mavs<Spurs
11-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Thank you.

pache100.

:tu :tu

My goodness! One would have thought that I committed the unpardonable sin (Hebreos 6:4-6) or perhaps the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (Mateo 12 versiculos 31 y 32).

Why do you think that I know these verses off of the top of my head?

You have several choices, but the most obvious reason is the correct one. :fro

Dre_7
11-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Personally, I just think it is stupid and not funny at all. Thats just my opinion.

Puppy Dog
11-21-2005, 08:38 PM
I am offended by all these 'Church of whoever' posts.

why don't you guys and dolls shoot a little higher.

SpursIndonesia
11-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Six times a day.

Oh, wait. What am I thinking? That's Islam.

Just whenever you feel like it. (Excellent post, BTW!)

Nope, that's five times a day, the Mosque of Mohammed can give you conviction on that issue
:angel

Mavs<Spurs
11-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Personally, I just think it is stupid and not funny at all. Thats just my opinion.

It looks like you escalated the language.

If you acknowledge that it is just your opinion, then why make such a big deal out of it?

If you think that you have some sort of objective basis for your views which I am compelled to accept, tell me what it is. Of course, the problem with doing this is that you very well may be taking something out of context and I have been known to help people by putting it back in context. Let's just say that I have taught more than one hermeneutics class. Over Turkey Day, I can conduct another one if you want. Now, if you want I can recite verbatim three books for you, word for word. I've forgotten more of the Bible than you will probably ever know.

Amazing how little legalists know of the Bible and how easy it is to show this. Kind of reminds one of N. T. times when the Savior did the same thing.

Chill out, Dre7.

Dre_7
11-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Chill out, Dre7.

I am not pissed or anything. If you thought I was upset or something, than I am sorry. Sometimes it is hard to get the true meaning of something accross via words on a screen. I am not a legalist, and I am sorry if you think that. I am also sorry if you took something I said as a big deal. Thats not what I meant.

All these church threads are all meant as jokes (I hope) so I was messing around with my first post as well. Sorry if I didnt make my point.

If you think that you have some sort of objective basis for your views which I am compelled to accept, tell me what it is. Of course, the problem with doing this is that you very well may be taking something out of context and I have been known to help people by putting it back in context. Let's just say that I have taught more than one hermeneutics class. Over Turkey Day, I can conduct another one if you want. Now, if you want I can recite verbatim three books for you, word for word. I've forgotten more of the Bible than you will probably ever know.

Amazing how little legalists know of the Bible and how easy it is to show this. Kind of reminds one of N. T. times when the Savior did the same thing.

Dont take this the wrong way, but that last quote seems some what arrogant(sp?). I am not saying that it is, it just seems that way by what it says.

ALVAREZ6
11-21-2005, 09:55 PM
This shit's gettin old......

Cant_Be_Faded
11-21-2005, 10:18 PM

Shall I make a Church of Urkel thread too? :smokin

LittleGeneral
11-21-2005, 11:14 PM
BTW, what's up with all of Tim's turnovers?

WTF?

Tim's averaging 2.5 TO's a game.

George W. Bush
11-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Just so everyone knows, I just finished 7 Hail Timmy's and 10 Our Father Manu's.

Now where in the sam hell is my Saint Tony prayer card?