PDA

View Full Version : Fascist dictator promises to arrest members of opposition party

RandomGuy
07-13-2021, 03:52 PM
The opposition party decided not to lend legitimacy to a session planned to restrict voting rights, so here we are.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Texas governor threatens to arrest Democrats who blocked voting law by fleeing state

Texas Democrats have become outlaws, fleeing the state as Republican colleagues and Gov. Greg Abbott threatened to arrest and confine them in a dramatic battle over voting rights.

Late Monday, more than 50 Texas Democrats flew to Washington, D.C., breaking quorum during a special session of the state legislature and effectively stalling Republican colleagues’ proposed voting restrictions.

“We can’t hold this tide back forever. We’re buying some time,” said Rep. Chris Turner, the Texas House Democratic leader, pleading with congressional Democrats to pass a national voting rights bill before the proposed Texas laws are passed.

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-governor-threatens-arrest-democrats-191210188.html

Thread
07-13-2021, 03:55 PM
Well there you go.

The opposition party decided not to lend legitimacy to a session planned to restrict voting rights, so here we are.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Texas governor threatens to arrest Democrats who blocked voting law by fleeing state

Texas Democrats have become outlaws, fleeing the state as Republican colleagues and Gov. Greg Abbott threatened to arrest and confine them in a dramatic battle over voting rights.

Late Monday, more than 50 Texas Democrats flew to Washington, D.C., breaking quorum during a special session of the state legislature and effectively stalling Republican colleagues’ proposed voting restrictions.

“We can’t hold this tide back forever. We’re buying some time,” said Rep. Chris Turner, the Texas House Democratic leader, pleading with congressional Democrats to pass a national voting rights bill before the proposed Texas laws are passed.

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-governor-threatens-arrest-democrats-191210188.html

I gotcha trumped on that one, RG...mother fucker Biden today incited to riot the incited rioters from last Summer to get out there and do their thing again this Summer over this voting rights minutiae...race hustling his white ass off using Jim Crow to incite those incited rioters.

Here we go again.

Adam Lambert
07-13-2021, 04:21 PM
Obstructing legislation by sending an email that says "I filibuster" = Okay

Obstructing legislation by leaving the state = DEMOCRATS BAD

hater
07-13-2021, 04:44 PM
Bidumb and co already done that. In January :lol

boutons_deux
07-13-2021, 05:42 PM
Obstructing legislation by sending an email that says "I filibuster" = Okay

Obstructing legislation by leaving the state = DEMOCRATS BAD

excellent point

what standing does Abbutt have to arrest? on what grounds? what law is being broken by the absent Dems?

boutons_deux
07-13-2021, 05:55 PM
Fascist Abbutt deputizing every citizens into his forced-birth Schutzstaffel

Lawsuit targets Texas abortion law deputizing citizens to enforce six-week ban

Abortion rights advocates and providers filed a federal lawsuit in Texas on Tuesday seeking to block

a new state law empowering individuals to sue anyone assisting a woman with getting an abortion,

including those who provide financial help or drive a pregnant patient to a clinic.

A dozen states have passed laws banning abortion after about six weeks of pregnancy.

But the Texas law, set to take effect in September, goes further by

incentivizing private citizens to help enforce the ban -

awarding them at least $10,000 if their court challenges are successful.

Even religious leaders who counsel a pregnant woman considering an abortion could be liable,

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/healthcare/article/Lawsuit-targets-Texas-abortion-law-six-week-ban-16311392.php

daboom1
07-13-2021, 06:06 PM
Good on Abbott for enforcing the law :tu

daboom1
07-13-2021, 06:08 PM
y5wZf9_A0dc

real news for real people^

ChumpDumper
07-13-2021, 06:56 PM
Which law is that?

Post it.

MultiTroll
07-13-2021, 07:03 PM
Any laws on what a Governor should do in a freeze that is killing people while his ass is being ganged on by his oil and gas overlords?

Spurtacular
07-13-2021, 07:33 PM
Which law is that?

Post it.

Do you support the dereliction of duty?

ChumpDumper
07-13-2021, 07:34 PM
Do you support the dereliction of duty?Qhris said a law was being broken.

Which law, derp?

daboom1
07-13-2021, 07:37 PM
Any laws on what a Governor should do in a freeze that is killing people while his ass is being ganged on by his oil and gas overlords?

Sometimes in life you have to hunker down and weather the storm. Did you want Abbott to come and hold your hand during the freeze? Are you aware of the legislation he has passed since the freeze?

ChumpDumper
07-13-2021, 07:37 PM
Sometimes in life you have to hunker down and weather the storm. Did you want Abbott to come and hold your hand during the freeze? Are you aware of the legislation he has passed since the freeze?In your own words, what legislation has been passed since the freeze, Qhris?

Spurtacular
07-13-2021, 07:41 PM
Qhris said a law was being broken.

Which law, derp?

I wasn't talking about that. You support the dereliction of duty.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2021, 07:43 PM
I wasn't talking about that. You support the dereliction of duty.Is missing a vote dereliction of duty, derp?

Yes or no.

Spurtacular
07-13-2021, 07:47 PM
Is missing a vote dereliction of duty, derp?

Yes or no.
I'll answer for you.

If it's stopping the democratic process, suerly yes.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2021, 07:48 PM
I'll answer for you.

If it's stopping the democratic process, suerly yes.Which democratic process is being stopped in this case, derp?

Adam Lambert
07-13-2021, 07:49 PM

Are you aware of the legislation he has passed since the freeze?

How far up your mother's ass do you have to reach to pull this kind of shit out?

daboom1
07-13-2021, 07:52 PM
Do you support the dereliction of duty?

By law, they can be held in jail for up to 48 hours after their arrests for failure to uphold their oaths of office and failure to do their jobs.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2021, 07:55 PM
By law, they can be held in jail for up to 48 hours after their arrests for failure to uphold their oaths of office and failure to do their jobs.Which law?

pgardn
07-13-2021, 08:00 PM
Which democratic process is being stopped in this case, derp?

Democratic process?

The R's wont even let reporters see what is in the legislation. The people dont even know what is being voted on.
"Democratic" process derp's sorry ass...

daboom1
07-13-2021, 08:03 PM
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1404105305324199938?s=19
https://twitter.com/Burrows4TX/status/1409520307153555461?s=19
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1412511278141161472?s=19
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1412820771274113030?s=19

ChumpDumper
07-13-2021, 08:08 PM
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1412820771274113030?s=19So what is going to guarantee outages like the one that happened in February from happening again?

In your own words.

Spurtacular
07-13-2021, 08:12 PM
So what is going to guarantee outages like the one that happened in February from happening again?

In your own words.

How about a thank you for him taking the time to show you, you ungrateful pube.

daboom1
07-13-2021, 08:12 PM
Hey Chump, hey Lambert:

Z49whgBNCyE

Tell me how my ass tastes? :lol

Spurtacular
07-13-2021, 08:18 PM
Hey Chump, hey Lambert:

Z49whgBNCyE

Tell me how my ass tastes? :lol

:lmao

ChumpDumper
07-13-2021, 08:58 PM
How about a thank you for him taking the time to show you, you ungrateful pube.Thank him for what, derp?

There is absolutely nothing that would guarantee prevention of another outage like February.

:lol you don't even know what we're talking about.

Winehole23
07-13-2021, 10:08 PM
does an advisory letter from the Texas Governor have any legally binding power over ERCOT and the PUC?

honest quesion, i don't know.

ElNono
07-13-2021, 10:30 PM
does an advisory letter from the Texas Governor have any legally binding power over ERCOT and the PUC?

He's the governor? I thought he was the king...

Frenchfred
07-14-2021, 03:11 AM
So what is going to guarantee outages like the one that happened in February from happening again?

In your own words.

PR campaign to cover up his incompetence.

baseline bum
07-14-2021, 09:19 AM
PR campaign to cover up his incompetence.

It's not incompetence, grid worked as designed to.

RandomGuy
07-14-2021, 09:53 AM

I highly doubt it. Will look into it.

RandomGuy
07-14-2021, 09:55 AM
It's not incompetence, grid worked as designed to.

It was designed incompetently?

The risk management was absolutely incompetently mismanaged.

RandomGuy
07-14-2021, 09:56 AM

What law?

Do tell the class, and share that wisdom.

RandomGuy
07-14-2021, 09:57 AM
Sometimes in life you have to hunker down and weather the storm. Did you want Abbott to come and hold your hand during the freeze? Are you aware of the legislation he has passed since the freeze?

Are you aware that governors don't actually pass legislation?

RandomGuy
07-14-2021, 10:00 AM

But setting aside a bit of sloppiness with phrasing, perhaps you could explain what exactly the legislation that got passed actually DOES, and how it addresses the problem.

Unless all you have is handwaving, as usual. Pony up or admit you have no fucking clue.

Ef-man
07-14-2021, 10:10 AM
But setting aside a bit of sloppiness with phrasing, perhaps you could explain what exactly the legislation that got passed actually DOES, and how it addresses the problem.

Unless all you have is handwaving, as usual. Pony up or admit you have no fucking clue.

Qchrisy has great resources at hand (i.e., mom and dad) so he should have an answer for you as soon as they get back from work.

Stay tuned for boom or not.

baseline bum
07-14-2021, 10:20 AM

It worked just as Perry and Abbott intended. They knew this was coming after the rolling blackouts we had in 2011 when it got cold (18F in San Antonio) for one morning.

Trainwreck2100
07-14-2021, 11:53 AM

If you actually read the bills section 2 establishes a commission and that's it, also if 2 people on that commission word at a university the commission is not valid.

Section 3 calls for plans and that's the majority of the bill it just wants submitted emergency plans. Pipeline operators are subject to having to change their facilities though, if they have repeated weatherdifficulties, which the bill doesn't say anything about being retroactive so that means the counter starts now. The real stupid part of section 3 is in the beginning where they say that Texas should establish education on "disaster kits" so already they're giving the game away, passing the buck onto texans for "not being prepared" and admitting power disasters will come. Other than that there is nothing about improving facilities, just energy operators have to produce "plans for bad weather" (paraphrasing). As for the cost thing the state will provide a max price the Energy Operator can charge, but the EO can get that they money lost back if they can prove that they needed it for operations which they definitely will. So it doesn't pass the cost onto the operator, at all. Also it allows for people to apply to be "critical houses" if they are on electricity machines to stay alive. That means literally nothing when a provider has to shut off an entire grid. But it does pass the blame from the fossil fuel industry to the energy company.

As for the water thing, water plants are now "critical infrastructure" which they weren't before? And water companies have to provide plans for giving away water when they're power is cut anyway which SAWS did anyway. Also during a "weather emergency" you can't cut off someone's water, which SAWS said they wouldn't do anyway.

TLDR this is propaganda bullshit and does nothing to prevent further cold related outages

Adam Lambert
07-14-2021, 05:42 PM

You're viewing this too much based on how it impacted customers and not enough on how it impacted energy billionaires.

RandomGuy
07-15-2021, 07:54 AM
If you actually read the bills section 2 establishes a commission and that's it, also if 2 people on that commission word at a university the commission is not valid.

Section 3 calls for plans and that's the majority of the bill it just wants submitted emergency plans. Pipeline operators are subject to having to change their facilities though, if they have repeated weatherdifficulties, which the bill doesn't say anything about being retroactive so that means the counter starts now. The real stupid part of section 3 is in the beginning where they say that Texas should establish education on "disaster kits" so already they're giving the game away, passing the buck onto texans for "not being prepared" and admitting power disasters will come. Other than that there is nothing about improving facilities, just energy operators have to produce "plans for bad weather" (paraphrasing). As for the cost thing the state will provide a max price the Energy Operator can charge, but the EO can get that they money lost back if they can prove that they needed it for operations which they definitely will. So it doesn't pass the cost onto the operator, at all. Also it allows for people to apply to be "critical houses" if they are on electricity machines to stay alive. That means literally nothing when a provider has to shut off an entire grid. But it does pass the blame from the fossil fuel industry to the energy company.

As for the water thing, water plants are now "critical infrastructure" which they weren't before? And water companies have to provide plans for giving away water when they're power is cut anyway which SAWS did anyway. Also during a "weather emergency" you can't cut off someone's water, which SAWS said they wouldn't do anyway.

TLDR this is propaganda bullshit and does nothing to prevent further cold related outages

Absolute quality post. An informed, reasoned analysis. Rare these days, and kudos.

Thread
07-15-2021, 07:56 AM
Absolute quality post. An informed, reasoned analysis. Rare these days, and kudos.

RG & wrecky, sittin' in a tree...k i s s i n g...

RandomGuy
07-15-2021, 08:15 AM
This message is hidden because Thread is on your ignore list.

smh

Thread
07-15-2021, 08:33 AM
This message is hidden because Thread is on your ignore list.

smh

lmcontrollinao!!!

Spurs Homer
07-15-2021, 09:43 AM
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1412820771274113030?s=19

ALL of that ^

had been recommended to be done DECADES AGO!

but texas republi-cunts refused to do it because

PROFITS

now after scores of dead texas citizens

Nazi Guvna’ is touting this?

boutons_deux
07-15-2021, 10:02 AM
"streamline incentives"

Since shithole TX dereg of electricity, electricity Capitalists have pocketed $28B above regulated electricity.

not incentive enough?

koriwhat
07-15-2021, 12:53 PM
They work for us on our dime and they want to be activists? Then fucking go work a 9-5 at HEB and be the activists yall want to be but not doing your job we're paying for should be a crime!

Trainwreck2100
07-15-2021, 01:02 PM
They work for us on our dime and they want to be activists? Then fucking go work a 9-5 at HEB and be the activists yall want to be but not doing your job we're paying for should be a crime!

how much do you think they make

koriwhat
07-15-2021, 01:07 PM
how much do you think they make

Well those in the house make what $147k a yr so I'd say our local reps make less. Either way IDC how much they make as long as they take $0.01 of our tax money they work for us and not the other way around! Fuck their dumbass activism and fuck those that make excuses for them too.

weebo
07-15-2021, 01:19 PM
Well those in the house make what $147k a yr so I'd say our local reps make less. Either way IDC how much they make as long as they take $0.01 of our tax money they work for us and not the other way around! Fuck their dumbass activism and fuck those that make excuses for them too.

They don't just "work" for you dumb ass. And your welfare ass probably doesn't pay enough in taxes to buy a cup of coffee much less pay a state congressmen's salary.

koriwhat
07-15-2021, 01:22 PM
They don't just "work" for you dumb ass. And your welfare ass probably doesn't pay enough in taxes to buy a cup of coffee much less pay a state congressmen's salary.

You truly believe I'm on welfare or have ever been on welfare? :lmao

I'm not like you and your ilk you faux intellectual bitch.

ElNono
07-15-2021, 01:27 PM

They're actually doing their job by not showing up. As far as getting laws passed or not, which is their job, there's no difference between this and filibustering everything and getting nothing done.

koriwhat
07-15-2021, 01:30 PM
They're actually doing their job by not showing up. As far as getting laws passed or not, which is their job, there's no difference between this and filibustering everything and getting nothing done.

Local politicians flying anywhere and leaving their duties behind in the locale isn't them doing their jobs. They aren't in congress so they have no need to fly to DC.

We the people need to start holding these "activists" feet to the flames.

ElNono
07-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Local politicians flying anywhere and leaving their duties behind in the locale isn't them doing their jobs. They aren't in congress so they have no need to fly to DC.

We the people need to start holding these "activists" feet to the flames.

They're no more activists than their peers on the other side of the aisle. And there's no constitutional right to quorum.

Don't hate the players, hate the game.

koriwhat
07-15-2021, 01:34 PM
They're no more activists than their peers on the other side of the aisle. And there's no constitutional right to quorum.

Don't hate the players, hate the game.

Nah I'm definitely going to hate all these political activists living off our tax money. Fuck them all!

ElNono
07-15-2021, 01:35 PM
Nah I'm definitely going to hate all these political activists living off our tax money. Fuck them all!

That'd be all of them.

koriwhat
07-15-2021, 01:39 PM
That'd be all of them.

I don't have a stuttering problem bro. :lol

ElNono
07-15-2021, 01:49 PM
I don't have a stuttering problem bro. :lol

Well, it's not having a problem or not. Part of democracy is having representatives. They're all always paid through tax dollars.

I guess we could have a monarchy or a theocracy, but those are infinitely worse.

koriwhat
07-15-2021, 02:02 PM
Well, it's not having a problem or not. Part of democracy is having representatives. They're all always paid through tax dollars.

I guess we could have a monarchy or a theocracy, but those are infinitely worse.

No, you're making excuses for activism while trying to tie it to representation. It doesn't work that way bro. They can be activists on their own dime and gtfo of public office already.

spurraider21
07-15-2021, 02:14 PM
No, you're making excuses for activism while trying to tie it to representation. It doesn't work that way bro. They can be activists on their own dime and gtfo of public office already.
members of government are by definition activist

ElNono
07-15-2021, 02:39 PM

members of government are by definition activist

Exactly. At the very least, politicians in general are, and specially government representatives.

koriwhat
07-15-2021, 02:41 PM
Yall will keep making excuses for those who do nothing just like those progressive retard reps from TX. :tu

Adam Lambert
07-16-2021, 07:14 PM

pgardn
07-16-2021, 10:03 PM
Yall will keep making excuses for those who do nothing just like those progressive retard reps from TX. :tu

But the conservative reps are OK?
The ones that completely fk you in the ass on your power bill?
And our governor is a fine man because, he is a conservative?

You are out of your mind.

koriwhat
07-17-2021, 12:35 AM
But the conservative reps are OK?
The ones that completely fk you in the ass on your power bill?
And our governor is a fine man because, he is a conservative?

You are out of your mind.

Who literally said that besides you rn? Who? You're losing your mind.