PDA

View Full Version : Big Ticket

romsey31
11-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Where do you guys think the Big ticket (KG) is gonna end up? Possible teams include Detroit -(Sheed & Darko) Indy (JO & J Tinsley) and NY (Not sure who).

Mr. Peabody
11-21-2005, 05:42 PM
He probably won't be traded.

samikeyp
11-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Hopefully NY so he can guarantee himself no ring. :)

romsey31
11-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Hopefully NY so he can guarantee himself no ring. :)

There's an article on ESPN.COM about it, you guys can probably check it out.

Solid D
11-21-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm guessing he's a Phil kind of guy.

I'm guessing David Stern wouldn't mind.

SmotPoker
11-21-2005, 06:39 PM
KG can say all he wants to about being a "team player" but hes not, he doesn't make the guys around him better. He'll never win a ring, and probably have his career ended due to injury. But who am I to say.

Leetonidas
11-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, and 1st round draft pick for Garnett. Done.

For some reason I can see that happening, but I hope he goes somewhere like the Hawks, this way Minnesota would be sure he couldn't hurt their chances at the playoffs. He'll only come to SA if we give up Timmy, and that's not happening. But I could see him going to Orlando for Steve Francis and Dwight Howard or Grant Hill.

wildbill2u
11-21-2005, 07:35 PM
He'll probably want to go to a big market town with a chance to win the title for his remaining years in the league. Right now he'd probably go to LA if he has the chance.

I don't know how many years he has left on his contract. I don't think LA could put together a package that would be attractive to the Wolves, but then he could always sull until they traded him if he's that kind of guy.

angel_luv
11-21-2005, 07:37 PM
I don't know of anyone who enjoys getting a Ticket.

Brutalis
11-21-2005, 07:55 PM
New York or Los Angeles.

vbook it.

myhc
11-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, and 1st round draft pick for Garnett. Done.

hahahaha. mchale isn't isiah.

lilmads
11-21-2005, 08:06 PM

:lol

conqueso
11-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Where do you guys think the Big ticket (KG) is gonna end up? Possible teams include Detroit -(Sheed & Darko) Indy (JO & J Tinsley) and NY (Not sure who).

Am I the only one who has nightmares of Garnett ending up in Detroit?

He can play D, especially Flip's weird zones. The other players would make room in the offense for him and his touches. And for once, he'd be on a good team with strong leaders who can take over in the clutch.

God, I hope McHale doesn't do anything crazy and deal KG to the Pistons. KG for Sheed and Darko would make the Pistons better than the Spurs by a decided margin.

td4mvp21
11-21-2005, 09:50 PM

:lol i agree

romsey31
11-22-2005, 08:38 AM

He can play D, especially Flip's weird zones. The other players would make room in the offense for him and his touches. And for once, he'd be on a good team with strong leaders who can take over in the clutch.

God, I hope McHale doesn't do anything crazy and deal KG to the Pistons. KG for Sheed and Darko would make the Pistons better than the Spurs by a decided margin.

I feel you bro, that would spell doom for all Pacer fans.

TDMVPDPOY
11-22-2005, 09:08 AM
and maybe rockets might give up there cashcow yao ming for thsi scrub

romsey31
11-22-2005, 10:01 AM
and maybe rockets might give up there cashcow yao ming for thsi scrub

I dont think any team would be dumb enough to trade Yao, not even Boston...lol

SA210
11-22-2005, 10:40 AM
I would take Garnett, send em our whole bench.

DesiSpur_21
11-22-2005, 11:11 AM
I want to him to goto Clippers, rule LA and kick Kobe's ass

Pistonfan1
11-22-2005, 02:49 PM

Thanks but no thanks. I would give up that much for the big cricket I am sorry. Plus one flaw on KG is he NEVER wants the ball in the clutch and I refuse to have a "superstar" who refuses to do that. Sheed >KG in the 4th quarter of a playoff game...thanks. NO Way on giving up Darko either. KG is a crap defender in the paint but a solid perminter player damnit. On xbox and Ps2 sure Ill have KG on my team but I dont want a stat padder who lacks the balls of making the pressure shots in the 4th. Ill want Joe Dumars head if we do that and HELL NO WILL WE BE BETTER THEN THE SPURS IF WE DO THAT. Duncan OWNS KG in the playoffs and has his number. I am sick of people using the supporting cast card for the big cricket it is getting a little fucking old. Put Duncan or Shaq on that Wolves team and they instantly are title contenders. That is why KG is not in the class of Duncan and Shaq because his impact on teams is losing in the 1st round and it is nothing like what Duncan and Shaqs is.

nkdlunch
11-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Garnett is like Barkley, no matter how hard they play, they'll never get a ring. Detroit is too smart to mess up their great team by getting Garnett, they ain't the Heat or Lakers.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Detroit's been a machine so far this year. There is no way they split up their team for a wannabe winner like KG, no matter how much the gay ESPN media hype wants them to.

DesiSpur_21
11-23-2005, 03:02 AM
How bout KG to sixers for c-webb+wahtever?

Bloodline666
11-23-2005, 03:39 AM

The thing is, I don't see that happening at all...unless the Pistons trade off a few of their bench players and a future first round draft pick.

And even then, the Pistons would just have KG coming off the bench, because they've already got a solid starting lineup as it is (in my opinion, the best in the league right now, I might add). I don't think the Pistons want to take any chances trading any one of their starting five. If I were the Pistons' GM, I sure as HELL wouldn't want to trade off Rip, Chauncey, Sheed, Tayshaun, or Big Ben for anyone or for any reason.

Obstructed_View
11-23-2005, 04:26 AM
I agree. Garnett hasn't proven to be any better in the clutch than Rasheed over the course of his career, and Dumars wouldn't screw the team's chemistry by making a trade. I haven't even seen signs that Garnett is doing anything with all that bulk he supposedly put on, other than carrying it to the nearest microphone.

SlovenianGuy
11-23-2005, 06:31 PM
It won't happen, but I would like to hear what do you think about this trade scenario. It's not my idea, I just found it in another forum.

Minnesota Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Kevin Garnett
6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
22.2 ppg, 13.5 rpg, 5.7 apg in 38.0 minutes

Incoming
Mike Bibby
6-1 PG from Arizona
19.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 6.8 apg in 38.5 minutes
Brent Barry
6-7 SG from Oregon State
7.4 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 2.2 apg in 21.5 minutes
Change in team outlook: +4.8 ppg, -6.9 rpg, and +3.3 apg.

Minnesota Trade Breakdown
Change in team outlook: 0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Mike Bibby
6-1 PG from Arizona
19.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 6.8 apg in 38.5 minutes

Incoming
Manu Ginobili
6-6 SG from Argentina (Foreign)
16.0 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 3.9 apg in 29.6 minutes
Nazr Mohammed
6-10 C from Kentucky
10.9 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 0.5 apg in 28.1 minutes
Change in team outlook: +7.3 ppg, +8.4 rpg, and -2.4 apg.

San Antonio Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Manu Ginobili
6-6 SG from Argentina (Foreign)
16.0 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 3.9 apg in 29.6 minutes
Nazr Mohammed
6-10 C from Kentucky
10.9 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 0.5 apg in 28.1 minutes
Brent Barry
6-7 SG from Oregon State
7.4 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 2.2 apg in 21.5 minutes

Incoming
Kevin Garnett
6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
22.2 ppg, 13.5 rpg, 5.7 apg in 38.0 minutes
Change in team outlook: -12.1 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Minnesota, Sacramento, and San Antonio being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Minnesota, Sacramento, and San Antonio had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.