PDA

View Full Version : Schumers cannabis plan

CosmicCowboy
07-19-2021, 12:41 PM
Even if he had the votes to pass it, is a freaking joke. It should be called the "Gift to the Cartels" plan. Decriminalizing and then tacking on a 25% federal tax on top of state and local taxes for "legal" pot guarantees the now "risk free" uncontrolled black market will always be cheaper, without the safety of the seed to sale regulation of the "legal" market.

boutons_deux
07-19-2021, 12:58 PM
black market is not "risk free", any more than black market cigs are risk free

Ask your boy Trash about tax evasion.

CosmicCowboy
07-19-2021, 01:03 PM
black market is not "risk free", any more than black market cigs are risk free

Ask your boy Trash about tax evasion.

God you are fucking dumb.

The black market becomes risk free from prosecution but the product is far from risk free since there are no controls on pesticides, heavy metals, mold, etc.

boutons_deux
07-19-2021, 01:04 PM
Current Alcohol Excise Tax Rates

https://center-forward.org/explaining-alcohol-excise-taxes/

Will Hunting
07-19-2021, 01:04 PM
:lmao are conservatives now seriously complaining about how liberals aren’t doing enough to legalize weed?

CosmicCowboy
07-19-2021, 01:18 PM
:lmao are conservatives now seriously complaining about how liberals aren’t doing enough to legalize weed?

I don't know about "conservatives", but I am certainly bitching about it.

Will Hunting
07-19-2021, 01:20 PM
I don't know about "conservatives", but I am certainly bitching about it.
Seems like you’re holding Schoom to a higher standard on weed legalization than the party you vote for.

koriwhat
07-19-2021, 01:23 PM
Even if he had the votes to pass it, is a freaking joke. It should be called the "Gift to the Cartels" plan. Decriminalizing and then tacking on a 25% federal tax on top of state and local taxes for "legal" pot guarantees the now "risk free" uncontrolled black market will always be cheaper, without the safety of the seed to sale regulation of the "legal" market.

Yeah for prices circa 2000 at $20-25/g. :lmao

Legal weed fucking sucks!

spurraider21
07-19-2021, 01:24 PM
Decriminalizing it won’t get rid of the black market. Would prevent stupid incarcerations though. Legalizing it would hurt the black market substantially more

spurraider21
07-19-2021, 01:24 PM
God you are fucking dumb.

The black market becomes risk free from prosecution but the product is far from risk free since there are no controls on pesticides, heavy metals, mold, etc.
Decriminalizing would apply to possession/use, not dealing/trafficking

koriwhat
07-19-2021, 01:29 PM
Legalizing it would hurt the black market substantially more

Yeah not at all bro. The stores are merely for tourists or at least that's how it was in LA when I last visited. Everyone out there that I knew bought from delivery black market people and friends.

Blake
07-19-2021, 01:37 PM
Yeah not at all bro. The stores are merely for tourists or at least that's how it was in LA when I last visited. Everyone out there that I knew bought from delivery black market people and friends.

Lol black market kori

Dirks_Finale
07-19-2021, 01:43 PM
Seems like you’re holding Schoom to a higher standard on weed legalization than the party you vote for.

Many of us hold a more libertarian position on this. I think all of it should be legal, tbh.

And I do not use any of it, just think it's fvckin stupid to criminalize it and also continue to incentivize cartels.

Will Hunting
07-19-2021, 01:52 PM
Many of us hold a more libertarian position on this. I think all of it should be legal, tbh.

And I do not use any of it, just think it's fvckin stupid to criminalize it and also continue to incentivize cartels.
I’m not mocking CC for wanting legalized weed, I’m mocking him for the fact he’s blaming Democrats for the fact it hasn’t happened yet. The reason weed isn’t legal is because the GOP is controlled by evangelical culture war retards.

CosmicCowboy
07-19-2021, 01:58 PM
I’m not mocking CC for wanting legalized weed, I’m mocking him for the fact he’s blaming Democrats for the fact it hasn’t happened yet. The reason weed isn’t legal is because the GOP is controlled by evangelical culture war retards.

Neither party completely represents my beliefs. I do believe that if you are the leader of the Senate you should recognize what is achievable and what isn't. They always over reach and can't even get all democrats on board.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2021, 01:58 PM
:lol gotta love it when Trumptards play the libertarian card.

Will Hunting
07-19-2021, 02:06 PM
Neither party completely represents my beliefs. I do believe that if you are the leader of the Senate you should recognize what is achievable and what isn't. They always over reach and can't even get all democrats on board.
Legalized weed is most definitely not achievable when it requires 10 GOP votes + all the shitty Dems like Manchin and Sinema.

Amazing how your extremely principled view of what the senate majority leader should do is only popping up now with a Democrat in charge.

CosmicCowboy
07-19-2021, 02:15 PM
Legalized weed is most definitely not achievable when it requires 10 GOP votes + all the shitty Dems like Manchin and Sinema.

Amazing how your extremely principled view of what the senate majority leader should do is only popping up now with a Democrat in charge.

Mitch sucks as bad as Schumer.

Will Hunting
07-19-2021, 02:24 PM
Btw I think stoners are losers and I don’t smoke weed at all but I do think it should be legal. Where I differ from other Dems is that I don’t think it should be legal to smoke in public. I hate having to walk down the street in DC smelling that shit.

baseline bum
07-19-2021, 02:53 PM
Btw I think stoners are losers and I don’t smoke weed at all but I do think it should be legal. Where I differ from other Dems is that I don’t think it should be legal to smoke in public. I hate having to walk down the street in DC smelling that shit.

Meh no worse than smelling tobacco IMO.

Will Hunting
07-19-2021, 02:54 PM
Meh no worse than smelling tobacco IMO.
If it were up to me tobacco would be banned in public too.

I’d also send anyone dumb enough to smoke tobacco to the gas chamber but that’s a separate issue.

baseline bum
07-19-2021, 02:57 PM

I'm just happy it's out of restaurants and bars out here now.

Will Hunting
07-19-2021, 02:59 PM
I'm just happy it's out of restaurants and bars out here now.
Yeah I fully endorse shaming smokers as much as possible.

Thread
07-19-2021, 03:03 PM

Hi, fart face.

Thread
07-19-2021, 03:04 PM

I’d also send anyone dumb enough to smoke tobacco to the gas chamber but that’s a separate issue.

Bend over. I'll show ya a fuckin' separate issue.

spurraider21
07-19-2021, 03:16 PM
Damn you got a full picture of how all of it works during your anecdotal visit one time :lol

Will Hunting
07-19-2021, 03:21 PM
Bend over. I'll show ya a fuckin' separate issue.
I thought we were burying the hatchet :lol

koriwhat
07-19-2021, 04:04 PM
Damn you got a full picture of how all of it works during your anecdotal visit one time :lol

And you probably have no clue whatsoever. :tu

The weed in those shops sucked bro and better can be had on SATX streets tbh. Their edibles are capped, weed packaged a yr+ in advance, and prices like they were in 2000. You have any experience out there of your own to supply or you just mad I had something to say on the subject?

All the locals told me the shops were worthless, weedmaps and craigslist were the way to go, or better yet grow your own.

Joseph Kony
07-19-2021, 04:05 PM
^ what an idiot :lmao

Thread
07-19-2021, 04:07 PM
I thought we were burying the hatchet :lol

I offered the olive branch to you---you grabbed it out of my hand and beat me like a red headed step child with it. Sure, now you're ready to bury the proverbial's. I'll be the bigger man and bury them with you...

Will!!! Sweetheart!!!!!! Pumpikinpuss!!!!!!!!! The provebials are buried ever more!!!

leemajors
07-19-2021, 04:29 PM
And you probably have no clue whatsoever. :tu

The weed in those shops sucked bro and better can be had on SATX streets tbh. Their edibles are capped, weed packaged a yr+ in advance, and prices like they were in 2000. You have any experience out there of your own to supply or you just mad I had something to say on the subject?

All the locals told me the shops were worthless, weedmaps and craigslist were the way to go, or better yet grow your own.

Weedmaps is just a listing of legal shops.

Will Hunting
07-19-2021, 05:16 PM
I offered the olive branch to you---you grabbed it out of my hand and beat me like a red headed step child with it. Sure, now you're ready to bury the proverbial's. I'll be the bigger man and bury them with you...

Will!!! Sweetheart!!!!!! Pumpikinpuss!!!!!!!!! The provebials are buried ever more!!!
Uh when did I beat you like a red headed step child since we buried the hatchet?

Thread
07-19-2021, 05:18 PM
Uh when did I beat you like a red headed step child since we buried the hatchet?

Apology accepted, old horse.

Will Hunting
07-19-2021, 05:19 PM
Apology accepted, old horse.
Can’t apologize for something I don’t even know about :lol

Will Hunting
07-19-2021, 05:22 PM
Did Joey just admit to buying weed off of Craigslist :lmao:lmao

Thread
07-19-2021, 08:11 PM
Can’t apologize for something I don’t even know about :lol

That's the beauty of your apology, Will.

LaMarcus Bryant
07-20-2021, 10:51 AM
Buying weed on craigslist in a state where it's legal jesus christ :lmao

koriwhat
07-21-2021, 01:57 PM
Weedmaps is just a listing of legal shops.

Yes it is but without it it's very hard to see where those shops are and the better shops with lower prices and better bud. I would see 1 shop and then pop on weedmaps and there would be tons all around me that I never even knew were shops. That app just allows you to visit more than the trendy/bigCo shops.

As well the craigslist shit was the real way to go and the way my buddies get there shit out there. My friends out there refused to visit the shops.

koriwhat
07-21-2021, 01:58 PM
Buying weed on craigslist in a state where it's legal jesus christ :lmao

You want to buy the same, if not worse quality, for a $20-40 premium? I'd rather not but did because I didn't know about the other avenues like CL and how prominent it's used out there for this very thing.

koriwhat
07-21-2021, 01:59 PM

You're an idiot bro.

Blake
07-21-2021, 02:22 PM

Super edgy black market, tbh. Craigslist weed is for losers

Ef-man
07-22-2021, 05:04 PM
This might explain joey.

Schizophrenia linked to marijuana use disorder is on the rise, study finds.

The proportion of schizophrenia cases linked with problematic use of marijuana has increased over the past 25 years, according to a new study from Denmark.

In 1995, 2% of schizophrenia diagnoses in the country were associated with cannabis use disorder. In 2000, it increased to around 4%. Since 2010, that figure increased to 8%, the study found.

"I think it is highly important to use both our study and other studies to highlight and emphasize that cannabis use is not harmless," said Carsten Hjorthøj, an associate professor at the Copenhagen Research Center for Mental Health and an author of the study published in the medical journal JAMA Psychiatry, via email.

"There is, unfortunately, evidence to suggest that cannabis is increasingly seen as a somewhat harmless substance. This is unfortunate, since we see links with schizophrenia, poorer cognitive function, substance use disorders, etc," Hjorthøj wrote.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/health/marijuana-schizophrenia-study-wellness/index.html

CosmicCowboy
07-29-2021, 07:17 PM
Just got back from Crested Butte. It was nice seeing dispensaries as just common businesses like bakeries, restaurants, etc.

Wild Cobra
07-29-2021, 11:45 PM

I haven't seen his particular plan, but here in Oregon, the people love buying the weed that is tested and certified by state authorized laboratories. No added drudgs, THC and CBD contents are labeled. The prices are cheaper than what the illegal weed used to be. The state takes a health cut but now growers can legally grow it without fear of arrest.

Wild Cobra
07-29-2021, 11:47 PM
Decriminalizing it won’t get rid of the black market. Would prevent stupid incarcerations though. Legalizing it would hurt the black market substantially more

Agreed. The black market will no longer be needed. Nobody will buy it unless the black market sells it very, very cheap.

Wild Cobra
07-29-2021, 11:50 PM

If they were smart, they would regulate and tax it.

Wild Cobra
07-29-2021, 11:53 PM

I personally like what has happened. I don't buy the flower, but I will buy the 1 gram oil cartridges and vape it on occasion. This healthier I don't think is available where its illegal.

Wild Cobra
07-29-2021, 11:53 PM

I personally like what has happened. I don't buy the flower, but I will buy the 1 gram oil cartridges and vape it on occasion. This healthier I don't think is available where its illegal.

CosmicCowboy
08-01-2021, 04:20 PM
I haven't seen his particular plan, but here in Oregon, the people love buying the weed that is tested and certified by state authorized laboratories. No added drudgs, THC and Ched seed to sale controlsBD contents are labeled. The prices are cheaper than what the illegal weed used to be. The state takes a health cut but now growers can legally grow it without fear of arrest.

Exactly. I really like the state markets where they have established seed to sale controls where you know exactly what you are getting. I especially like the 10 mg gummies. One of those and a couple fingers of Garrison Brothers on ice and I'm good to go. I am more than willing to pay the tax to have predictable high quality thc.

koriwhat
08-01-2021, 05:40 PM

When I visited LA it wasn't "legal" to smoke in public like walking down Hollywood Blvd but it also wasn't a big deal as long as you kept it on the DL. Either way, I agree, it shouldn't be something you can just willy nilly smoke around whomever or on public streets and I think the same should go for cigarettes.

Have laws changed though and now it's legal to smoke in public in those legal states?

Exactly. I really like the state markets where they have established seed to sale controls where you know exactly what you are getting. I especially like the 10 mg gummies. One of those and a couple fingers of Garrison Brothers on ice and I'm good to go. I am more than willing to pay the tax to have predictable high quality thc.

I wish 10mg worked on me. Shit... I wish 1000mgs worked on me. My body digests that shit differently and it basically has no effect on me whatsoever unfortunately. I gave up edibles after I spent a couple hundred on them out there in LA.

Blake
08-01-2021, 08:45 PM

Whoa a wild cobra appearance

Blake
08-01-2021, 08:47 PM
wish 10mg worked on me. Shit... I wish 1000mgs worked on me. My body digests that shit differently and it basically has no effect on me whatsoever unfortunately

I mean..... You cry every time you get called a druggy

CosmicCowboy
08-02-2021, 09:29 PM
When I visited LA it wasn't "legal" to smoke in public like walking down Hollywood Blvd but it also wasn't a big deal as long as you kept it on the DL. Either way, I agree, it shouldn't be something you can just willy nilly smoke around whomever or on public streets and I think the same should go for cigarettes.

Have laws changed though and now it's legal to smoke in public in those legal states?

I wish 10mg worked on me. Shit... I wish 1000mgs worked on me. My body digests that shit differently and it basically has no effect on me whatsoever unfortunately. I gave up edibles after I spent a couple hundred on them out there in LA.

Well, what the fuck did you expect buying it on Craigslist? Your buds in LA probably laughed their ass off.

diego
08-02-2021, 09:52 PM
tbh i havent seen what the plans are just what was posted here.. Im all for taxing the shit out of it, so long as people are allowed to have 2-3 plants of their own. teach a man to fish!! and let the lazy people pay taxes :lol unfortunately in a lot of places legalization has been designed to maximize profits, be it for the state, cartels, wall st, etc so the law doesnt always permit growing, or the limits are set too low or the requirements too high..

koriwhat
08-03-2021, 12:05 PM
Well, what the fuck did you expect buying it on Craigslist? Your buds in LA probably laughed their ass off.

I don't think your reading comprehension is all that great bud... I didn't buy off of CL and I got ripped off in the dispensaries with bud that was harvested a yr+ earlier.

Then again I also heard, after the fact, that the DT area has the better product and it could be found in the dispensaries down there. I didn't visit the DT area much while out there.

koriwhat
08-03-2021, 12:07 PM
tbh i havent seen what the plans are just what was posted here.. Im all for taxing the shit out of it, so long as people are allowed to have 2-3 plants of their own. teach a man to fish!! and let the lazy people pay taxes :lol unfortunately in a lot of places legalization has been designed to maximize profits, be it for the state, cartels, wall st, etc so the law doesnt always permit growing, or the limits are set too low or the requirements too high..

I still can't believe my buddy that I stayed with in LA doesn't grow. The dude literally works from home doing VFX and has all the time in the world. He buys from his buddy who grows the worst shit ever; he gets quite a bit for dirt cheap but he's literally smoking dirt.

CosmicCowboy
08-03-2021, 01:36 PM
I don't think your reading comprehension is all that great bud... I didn't buy off of CL and I got ripped off in the dispensaries with bud that was harvested a yr+ earlier.

Then again I also heard, after the fact, that the DT area has the better product and it could be found in the dispensaries down there. I didn't visit the DT area much while out there.

As well the craigslist shit was the real way to go and the way my buddies get there shit out there. My friends out there refused to visit the shops.

LaMarcus Bryant
08-03-2021, 01:43 PM
This guy ignores industrial strength coma inducing pharmaceutical grade bud for shit he buys from stripper's boyfriends off Craigslist :lmao

Man I'm losing faith any substantial legislation is going to happen this term. Playbook looks for dems to get fucked on anything they try bc they suck ass at actually doing anything, lose horribly mid-terms, then GOP can usher in a bill and take all the credit, their dumbass fetus brained constituency instantly becomes pro-weed and pretends they wanted it legal all along.

Dem ineptitude tbh

koriwhat
08-03-2021, 03:22 PM
This guy ignores industrial strength coma inducing pharmaceutical grade bud for shit he buys from stripper's boyfriends off Craigslist :lmao

I guess your reading comprehension is shit too... You do realize I was told that CL is the way to go by those out in LA; however, I didn't go to CL for anything whatsoever and got duped into yr old packaged bud in the dispensaries.

Will Hunting
08-09-2021, 12:01 PM

No idea what the law is in DC, but I can tell you that if there is one it’s not being enforced.