PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Says House Won’t Consider Bipartisan Infrastructure Plan without Reconciliation Proposal

Pages : [1] 2

ducks
07-25-2021, 10:24 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pelosi-says-house-won-t-142726765.html

Winehole23
07-25-2021, 10:59 AM
:tu

Winehole23
07-25-2021, 11:00 AM
Elections have consequences.

The party that holds the House, the Senate and the Presidency doesn't need permission from the opposition to legislate.

Ef-man
07-25-2021, 11:36 AM
If you are opposed to this ducks, reach out to your Republican U.S. Senator.

Am sure they will listen to you.

koriwhat
07-25-2021, 04:44 PM
Hurry up and die already crypt keeper Pelosi because I want to throw a party before Summer ends! :tu

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 11:58 AM
Pelosi and the dem leadership is pushing for a vote on the infrastructure bill. the progressives in the house trying to tank it should be ashamed tbh

Winehole23
09-28-2021, 12:00 PM
sidebar: debt to GDP since 1960

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAXcnklWQAE_WeX?format=jpg&name=medium

Winehole23
09-28-2021, 12:00 PM
Pelosi and the dem leadership is pushing for a vote on the infrastructure bill. the progressives in the house trying to tank it should be ashamed tbhwhy?

Thread
09-28-2021, 12:01 PM
Pelosi and the dem leadership is pushing for a vote on the infrastructure bill. the progressives in the house trying to tank it should be ashamed tbh

Your side wrote the fuckin' book on shame, 21.

Trump President.
Not Clinton.

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 12:22 PM
why?
because the infrastructure bill is going to help a lot of people. holding that up for another bill is the quintessential "playing politics" bad optics.

vote for what's on the table that's going to help people now. if you are unhappy with what you are getting in reconciliation, bring that up on your own time. convince the public that your vision is correct, or win more elections

Winehole23
09-28-2021, 12:28 PM
because the infrastructure bill is going to help a lot of people. holding that up for another bill is the quintessential "playing politics" bad optics.

vote for what's on the table that's going to help people now. if you are unhappy with what you are getting in reconciliation, bring that up on your own time. convince the public that your vision is correct, or win more electionssounds like you're impatient of members trying to bargain for things their constituents want, isn't that what they were elected to do?

so long as they don't actually upset the apple cart, what's wrong with trying to get what they want?

it makes a lot more sense to me than so-called centrists like Manchin and Sinema who make abstract, maximalist demands with no guarantee that they won't torpedo the party's agenda anyway.

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 12:40 PM
sounds like you're impatient of members trying to bargain for things their constituents want, isn't that what they were elected to do?

so long as they don't actually upset the apple cart, what's wrong with trying to get what they want?

it makes a lot more sense to me than so-called centrists like Manchin and Sinema who make abstract, maximalist demands with no guarantee that they won't torpedo the party's agenda anyway.
yeah i have a problem with holding up a solid bill that will help a lot of people in return for changes to a separate bill. we give manchin and sinema a lot of deserved grief because they hold up the party's agenda. i will hold progressives to that same standard when we have a bill like this in the balance

Thread
09-28-2021, 12:42 PM
yeah i have a problem with holding up a solid bill that will help a lot of people in return for changes to a separate bill. we give manchin and sinema a lot of deserved grief because they hold up the party's agenda. i will hold progressives to that same standard when we have a bill like this in the balance

...you forgot the mandatory harumpfff! to your pious post, 21.

Winehole23
09-28-2021, 12:45 PM
yeah i have a problem with holding up a solid bill that will help a lot of people in return for changes to a separate bill. we give manchin and sinema a lot of deserved grief because they hold up the party's agenda. i will hold progressives to that same standard when we have a bill like this in the balancenegotiating is bad as such?

weird take, imho.

Thread
09-28-2021, 12:48 PM
negotiating is bad as such?

weird take, imho.

...but he'll smootch your ass nonetheless, 21. Pull your pants down, fart face.

Winehole23
09-28-2021, 12:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAY7pYSVQAIKRN5?format=jpg&name=large

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 01:01 PM
negotiating is bad as such?

weird take, imho.
if you want to negotiate on the reconciliation bill, have at it. hold that one up. dont hold up a separate bill that already has bipartisan support. their objection isn't even with the infrastructure bill itself. thats my problem.

its the same dumb shit as the forcethevote crap

CosmicCowboy
09-28-2021, 01:11 PM
:lol dumbasses are gonna fuck this up and get nothing. That old saying of the perfect being the enemy of the good applies here perfectly.

Winehole23
09-28-2021, 01:16 PM
if you want to negotiate on the reconciliation bill, have at it. hold that one up. dont hold up a separate bill that already has bipartisan support. their objection isn't even with the infrastructure bill itself. thats my problem.

its the same dumb shit as the forcethevote crapwhether it's dumb shit or not kind of depends on how things turn out.

you could be right.

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 01:19 PM
whether it's dumb shit or not kind of depends on how things turn out.

you could be right.
i dont really need the benefit of hindsight. jeopardizing it is bad enough right now. the infrastructure bill is a good one. get that out. then get to work on reconciliation. and if you are right on the issues, whip the votes, convince the public, etc

and if you are just a fringe wing within one of the parties, then you really dont have as much power as you think. using that to do nothing but obstruct is just tea party all over again. might as well have jayapal go up there and read the cat in the hat

SpursforSix
09-28-2021, 01:21 PM
i dont really need the benefit of hindsight. jeopardizing it is bad enough right now. the infrastructure bill is a good one. get that out. then get to work on reconciliation. and if you are right on the issues, whip the votes, convince the public, etc

and if you are just a fringe wing within one of the parties, then you really dont have as much power as you think. using that to do nothing but obstruct is just tea party all over again. might as well have jayapal go up there and read the cat in the hat

Yep. Get something positive done.

Winehole23
09-28-2021, 01:24 PM

and if you are just a fringe wing within one of the parties, then you really dont have as much power as you think. using that to do nothing but obstruct is just tea party all over again. might as well have jayapal go up there and read the cat in the hat96 members isn't a fringe wing, tbh

but on the whole I agree with you it were better get shit done than grandstand.

CosmicCowboy
09-28-2021, 01:29 PM
96 members isn't a fringe wing, tbh

but on the whole I agree with you it were better get shit done than grandstand.

Jayapal sure seems fringe. Maybe not to you, though.

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 01:54 PM
Jayapal sure seems fringe. Maybe not to you, though.
Ignoring climate change (which the photo op infrastructure bill does) is what’s fringe.

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 01:55 PM

:lmao the photo op bill isn’t good at all. It ignores climate change and was basically written by Rob Portman. The minute that bill passes Sinema and Manchin are a hard no on reconciliation, Jayapal holding the line is the only way both bills pass.

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 01:57 PM
The Rob Portman bill doesn’t have support from a majority of the house right now. That’s the bottom line. If Pelosi put it to a vote right now, it would fail. It’s a shitty bill that Exxon Mobile wrote. That’s the only reason it hasn’t gone to the floor for a vote yet.

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 01:59 PM
:lmao accusing progressives of being the ones holding up the party’s agenda right now.

Manchin and Sinema made a deal with Schumer, they could waste time playing grab ass with Rob Portman as long as they supported reconciliation, and they’re welching on that deal. The progressives have every right to hold them to what they agreed to.

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 02:02 PM
This is the double standard you don’t realize. Why are progressives obligated to vote for the Rob Portman bill just because you personally think they should but when it comes to their bill getting support, they need to bootstrap it and “whip the votes”? Presumably if Manchin and Sinema were right on the issues, they’d be able to whip a majority of the house to vote for their bill. So far they’ve failed to do that and you’re blaming it on progressives.

CosmicCowboy
09-28-2021, 02:12 PM
At this point I'm ready for both bills to go down in flames.

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 02:24 PM
At this point I'm ready for both bills to go down in flames.
BIF is a genuinely bad bill, if for no reason other than the fact it’s basically unpaid for, so I’d love to see it fail.

After 4 months of jerking each other off, the bipartisan senator group managed to come up with the bright idea of “increased unemployment insurance enforcement” as the way to finance a $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill :lmao

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 02:24 PM
:lmao accusing progressives of being the ones holding up the party’s agenda right now.

Manchin and Sinema made a deal with Schumer, they could waste time playing grab ass with Rob Portman as long as they supported reconciliation, and they’re welching on that deal. The progressives have every right to hold them to what they agreed to.
i align much more with the progressives when it comes to policy goals, so its not a matter of team sports for me

but they're objectively the ones holding back the infrastructure bill. its manchin/sinema holding up the big reconciliation package

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 02:26 PM
i align much more with the progressives when it comes to policy goals.

but they're objectively the ones holding back the infrastructure bill. its manchin/sinema holding up the big reconciliation package
Agreed and I’m ok with that. The Rob Portman Infrastructure Bill is a joke and isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 02:26 PM
This is the double standard you don’t realize. Why are progressives obligated to vote for the Rob Portman bill just because you personally think they should but when it comes to their bill getting support, they need to bootstrap it and “whip the votes”? Presumably if Manchin and Sinema were right on the issues, they’d be able to whip a majority of the house to vote for their bill. So far they’ve failed to do that and you’re blaming it on progressives.
because the only way you're getting a non-reconciliation bill through the senate is with bipartisan support. you aren't going to get a very progressive package with the infrastructure bill because you need some republican senators to sign on.

you could be much more aggressive with the reconciliation because you dont need to nuke the filibuster to jam that with 50 votes. you might say fuck the whole thing and just pack all the infrastructure stuff into a bigger reconciliation bill, but that's not going to happen either.

pragmatism has to win out at some point.

RandomGuy
09-28-2021, 02:27 PM

There is large contingency of centrists in the Democratic party that have bizarrely sucked up a lot of the anti-squad right wing propadanda.

Sort of does the work of the fascist party, IMO, and is somewhat counter productive.

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 02:28 PM
because the only way you're getting a non-reconciliation bill through the senate is with bipartisan support. you aren't going to get a very progressive package with the infrastructure bill.

you could be much more aggressive with the reconciliation because you dont need to nuke the filibuster to jam that with 50 votes
Theres nothing in the infrastructure bill that couldn’t have been done through reconciliation though. All Manchin and Sinema did was complicate the process by insisting on letting Rob StopTheSteal Portman bend them over.

Legislation shouldn’t get affirmative action votes just because it’s bipartisan. If it’s shit legislation (which The Rob Portman Infrastructure Plan is) then house reps should be free to vote it down.

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 02:31 PM
Agreed and I’m ok with that. The Rob Portman Infrastructure Bill is a joke and isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.
its not the perfect version of what i wanted. and i think they should pack as much climate based spending in reconciliation as possible. but even as a standalone bill, the infrastructure package will help a lot of people. you want to run down the list of things in that bill that would help people asap? lead pipe removal. tens of billions into transit/rail instead of dumbass hyperloop dreams.

goes without saying roads/bridges and whatnot

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 02:32 PM
you might say fuck the whole thing and just pack all the infrastructure stuff into a bigger reconciliation bill, but that's not going to happen either.

pragmatism has to win out at some point.
Just want to be clear, you’re saying that unnecessarily bifurcating this into two bills where one needs 60 votes and the other needs 50 was the PRAGMATIC approach :lmao

it would sure seem a hell of a lot more easy and pragmatic to just jam everything into the one bill that only needs 50 votes. Artificially creating the need for a super majority is the literal opposite of pragmatism.

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 02:34 PM
Theres nothing in the infrastructure bill that couldn’t have been done through reconciliation though. All Manchin and Sinema did was complicate the process by insisting on letting Rob StopTheSteal Portman bend them over.

Legislation shouldn’t get affirmative action votes just because it’s bipartisan. If it’s shit legislation (which The Rob Portman Infrastructure Plan is) then house reps should be free to vote it down.
the bipartisan aspect of it does play well, imo. in a year with shitshows at the border and in afghanistan, biden being able to present to the public that for the first time in a long time, he was able to get a bipartisan deal done on a subject that has been promised for years now... its one of his big optical wins. and they're going to need more of that to avoid a 2022 bloodbath. being able to get these kinds of deals done is a point to the competency and pragmatism of the administration. and that matters too

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 02:35 PM
Just want to be clear, you’re saying that unnecessarily bifurcating this into two bills where one needs 60 votes and the other needs 50 was the PRAGMATIC approach :lmao

it would sure seem a hell of a lot more easy and pragmatic to just jam everything into the one bill that only needs 50 votes. Artificially creating the need for a super majority is the literal opposite of pragmatism.
but you dont have 50 votes for that.

you think i'm a fan of manchin/sinema? :lol

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 02:35 PM
its not the perfect version of what i wanted. and i think they should pack as much climate based spending in reconciliation as possible. but even as a standalone bill, the infrastructure package will help a lot of people. you want to run down the list of things in that bill that would help people asap? lead pipe removal. tens of billions into transit/rail instead of dumbass hyperloop dreams.

goes without saying roads/bridges and whatnot
1) Youre ignoring the reality that reconciliation is DOA if Sinema and Manchin already have their photo op bill passed. The only leverage progressives have over them is jamming up their bill. There’s no scenario where the Rob Portman Bill passes now and reconciliation passes later no matter how much you want to speak it into existence.

I do have a list of people the Rob Portman bill will help tho

Charles Koch
Darren Woods
Michael Wirth

I can keep going

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 02:37 PM
but you dont have 50 votes for that.

you think i'm a fan of manchin/sinema? :lol
You're blaming the progressives for what's ultimately Manchin and Sinema's fault tho.

It's their fault for complicating this process and making it so we unnecessarily needed 10 Republicans to go along with it, it's not the progressives' fault that they aren't willing to let Manchin and Sinema change the rules again in the 4th quarter.

The reason we don't have 50 votes for the most pragmatic approach is Manchin/Sinema, I fail to see how that means it's the progressives, not them, who aren't being pragmatic.

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 02:40 PM
You're blaming the progressives for what's ultimately Manchin and Sinema's fault tho.

It's their fault for complicating this process and making it so we unnecessarily needed 10 Republicans to go along with it, it's not the progressives' fault that they aren't willing to let Manchin and Sinema change the rules again in the 4th quarter.

The reason we don't have 50 votes for the most pragmatic approach is Manchin/Sinema, I fail to see how that means it's the progressives, not them, who aren't being pragmatic.
no. manchin/sinema are douchebags who are posing a major obstacle to getting a lot of good things done.

the progressives are just trying to stomp their feet hoping to change their minds. it's not going to happen. all they're doing is amplifying the problems caused by manchin/sinema by holding up legislation that will still help a lot of people

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 02:42 PM
no. manchin/sinema are douchebags who are posing a major obstacle to getting a lot of good things done.

the progressives are just trying to stomp their feet hoping to change their minds. it's not going to happen. all they're doing is amplifying the problems caused by manchin/sinema by holding up legislation that will still help a lot of people
But the thing is they're not trying to get Manchin and Sinema to change their minds. They know Manchin and Sinema are bad faith actors who are more likely to support the party's agenda if they have a gun to their head.

The people who actually think reconciliation can still happen if Manchin and Sinema get what they want first and have all the leverage (you) are the ones being naive and failing to understand how things work.

You're intentionally obfuscating around the reality that Manchin and Sinema aren't ever going to support reconciliation if the Portman bill passes first.

Sidenote, I also think that the fact they are amplifying the problems centrists cause is an added bonus. One of the biggest issues in American politics is that people see Manchin and Sinema as "pragmatic, bipartisan dealmakers" when the centrists in congress are the ones who put a roadblock up every time meaningful reform is possible.

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 02:44 PM
But the thing is they're not trying to get Manchin and Sinema to change their minds. They know Manchin and Sinema are bad faith actors who are more likely to support the party's agenda if they have a gun to their head.

The people who actually think reconciliation can still happen if Manchin and Sinema get what they want first and have all the leverage (you) are the ones being naive and failing to understand how things work.

You're intentionally obfuscating around the reality that Manchin and Sinema aren't ever going to support reconciliation if the Portman bill passes first.
im dealing with the reality than manchin/sinema are weak links and are part of the 50 you would need.

i dont think they ever promised a 3.5 trillion reconciliation bill as part of the infrastructure package

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 02:46 PM
im dealing with the reality than manchin/sinema are weak links and are part of the 50 you would need.

i dont think they ever promised a 3.5 trillion reconciliation bill as part of the infrastructure package
Another post where you obfuscate and refuse to address how reconciliation happens when there's no leverage over Manchin and Sinema anymore.

Manchin and Sinema absolutely promised to support reconciliation if they could get their shitty photo op bill, it's why Biden and Schumer gave them 4 months to play grabass with insurrectionist Rob Portman.

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 02:52 PM
the bipartisan aspect of it does play well, imo. in a year with shitshows at the border and in afghanistan, biden being able to present to the public that for the first time in a long time, he was able to get a bipartisan deal done on a subject that has been promised for years now... its one of his big optical wins. and they're going to need more of that to avoid a 2022 bloodbath. being able to get these kinds of deals done is a point to the competency and pragmatism of the administration. and that matters too
"Maybe, just maybe, if we let the Republicans bend us over and fuck up our infrastructure agenda, they'll be really nice to us and won't call us socialists during midterm season!"

If "bipartisanship!" is your biggest selling point, what you're implicitly telling voters is that the other political party makes valid points and should be included in the process. That's terrible politics and its why Democrats underperformed massively last year. The GOP campaigns on "Democrats are evil scum and must be defeated" while Democucks campaign on "I'm go to Washington and work with Republicans on muh bipartisanship". It's an extremely weak campaign message that leads to horrible base enthusiasm.

The way you win elections is jamming a huge infrastructure bill through reconciliation and then campaigning on "Yeah, we did it our way because the GOP's way fucking sucks"

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 03:10 PM
Another post where you obfuscate and refuse to address how reconciliation happens when there's no leverage over Manchin and Sinema anymore.

Manchin and Sinema absolutely promised to support reconciliation if they could get their shitty photo op bill, it's why Biden and Schumer gave them 4 months to play grabass with insurrectionist Rob Portman.
"support reconciliation" didnt imply a blank check, imo. they should have had a number specified in this handshake

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 03:11 PM
"Maybe, just maybe, if we let the Republicans bend us over and fuck up our infrastructure agenda, they'll be really nice to us and won't call us socialists during midterm season!"

If "bipartisanship!" is your biggest selling point, what you're implicitly telling voters is that the other political party makes valid points and should be included in the process. That's terrible politics and its why Democrats underperformed massively last year. The GOP campaigns on "Democrats are evil scum and must be defeated" while Democucks campaign on "I'm go to Washington and work with Republicans on muh bipartisanship". It's an extremely weak campaign message that leads to horrible base enthusiasm.

The way you win elections is jamming a huge infrastructure bill through reconciliation and then campaigning on "Yeah, we did it our way because the GOP's way fucking sucks"
i have no delusions about cocaine mitch and the rest of the republicans being nice. its about what plays with voters. yes, the trumptard newsmax wing of the party is never going to play nice. there are more voters than that

Thread
09-28-2021, 03:13 PM
i have no delusions about cocaine mitch and the rest of the republicans being nice. its about what plays with voters. yes, the trumptard newsmax wing of the party is never going to play nice. there are more voters than that

Only after he dies. The vast lion's share of these people are RINO's biting at the bit to go back to what once was.

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 03:23 PM
The Trumptard Newsmax wing is 70+% of all Republicans now...a majority of all Republican voters think the election was stolen. Why on earth would you campaign on wanting to be bipartisan with these people? The goal should be to convince voters Republicans are evil, not that they're people we should be working with on a bipartisan basis.

Thread
09-28-2021, 03:31 PM
The Trumptard Newsmax wing is 70+% of all Republicans now...a majority of all Republican voters think the election was stolen. Why on earth would you campaign on wanting to be bipartisan with these people? The goal should be to convince voters Republicans are evil, not that they're people we should be working with on a bipartisan basis.

Your "we" can't let go, Will. President Trump has you by the short hairs and is tugging, hard. You thought getting him out would slack your hatred. No, it only increased because he won't "uncle"---he won't"no mas!"---"he won't beg."

You're used to having a person you've curb stomped to crawl, beg, submit to the concentratio...the re education camps, cajole, cry, apologize...et al and etc. That will never happen with President Trump. And if you think his death will stop anything, you're wrong. Those kids, the two eldest boys will pick up the Trump Flag like in "Glory" and will continue on exacting vengeance for their old man. Like the Tate family out in California does for their (Sharon)...it's a family legacy passed on generation to generation to keep those animals locked up in California prisons till the Good Lord opens up the Book on them.

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 03:38 PM
that's not a winning play.

obviously you campaign against republicans. i mean you're literally running against them. but campaigning on a record of being able to get shit done even with fuckwads like mcconnell is a good sell imho

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 03:44 PM
that's not a winning play.

obviously you campaign against republicans. i mean you're literally running against them. but campaigning on a record of being able to get shit done even with fuckwads like mcconnell is a good sell imho
No it’s really not. All it does is sell people on the idea that both parties are good and split government is ideal.

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 03:44 PM
Your "we" can't let go, Will. President Trump has you by the short hairs and is tugging, hard. You thought getting him out would slack your hatred. No, it only increased because he won't "uncle"---he won't"no mas!"---"he won't beg."

You're used to having a person you've curb stomped to crawl, beg, submit to the concentratio...the re education camps, cajole, cry, apologize...et al and etc. That will never happen with President Trump. And if you think his death will stop anything, you're wrong. Those kids, the two eldest boys will pick up the Trump Flag like in "Glory" and will continue on exacting vengeance for their old man. Like the Tate family out in California does for their (Sharon)...it's a family legacy passed on generation to generation to keep those animals locked up in California prisons till the Good Lord opens up the Book on them.
Not reading all that boomer gibberish.

Happy for you though.

Or sorry that happened to you.

Splits
09-28-2021, 04:00 PM
The "centrists" are trying to dilute the Biden campaign promise. The "progressives" are simply holding him to it, not asking for more. They should have started with Bern's $8t bill and negotiated from there. Incompetent party per par

Thread
09-28-2021, 04:16 PM
Not reading all that boomer gibberish.

Happy for you though.

Or sorry that happened to you.

Of course you won't. I read all your stuff though.

Thread
09-28-2021, 04:17 PM
The "centrists" are trying to dilute the Biden campaign promise. The "progressives" are simply holding him to it, not asking for more. They should have started with Bern's $8t bill and negotiated from there. Incompetent party per par

Just remember who christened you "Splits", Splits.

You're old dad Dale.

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 04:18 PM
They needed to get it out of committee first and Bernie did a good job getting a $3.5 trillion bill out of committee with a unanimous vote from Democrats, esp when one of them is Mark Warner.

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 04:18 PM
yes because usually a party bases its policy objectives on the vision of the primary candidate who lost. starting with bernie's proposal as a negotiating tactic would have been retarded because you'd be negotiating against 90% of the democrats in the senate, let alone the republicans lol

Splits
09-28-2021, 04:28 PM
No. The 10% ManchSim needs to be counteracted by 2 Sens from the "progressive" wing and then meet in the middle with the 80% remaining. You're pretending Biden is far left when he and his supporters are right-leaning centrists.

CosmicCowboy
09-28-2021, 04:48 PM
The Progressive Caucus is gonna get the blame when this shit blows up and good riddance to a ridiculous 3.5 trillion plus boondoggle.

The funny part is Republicans can then say...you didn't get your bill passed so you don't need to raise taxes to pay for it.

CosmicCowboy
09-28-2021, 04:49 PM
No. The 10% ManchSim needs to be counteracted by 2 Sens from the "progressive" wing and then meet in the middle with the 80% remaining. You're pretending Biden is far left when he and his supporters are right-leaning centrists.

HaHaHa sleepy Joe is whatever his handlers want him to be.

boutons_deux
09-28-2021, 04:52 PM
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/243452985_4363582163688060_1959838473023076080_n.j pg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=VDrV74ehP24AX--sJC7&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=92f7b4c95c2a4c1001d8d0dbcce0fc2c&oe=617AD85D

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 04:57 PM
The Progressive Caucus is gonna get the blame when this shit blows up and good riddance to a ridiculous 3.5 trillion plus boondoggle.

The funny part is Republicans can then say...you didn't get your bill passed so you don't need to raise taxes to pay for it.
i dont think anybody cares to raise taxes just for the sake of raising them. raise taxes to pay for good programs that help people who need it

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 04:58 PM
how am i pretending biden is far left? my post above this says about the exact opposite

CosmicCowboy
09-28-2021, 06:02 PM
i dont think anybody cares to raise taxes just for the sake of raising them. raise taxes to pay for good programs that help people who need it

Thats pretty funny. "The Rich" are blue teams new boogiemen...the politics of envy.

Trainwreck2100
09-28-2021, 06:15 PM
Thats pretty funny. "The Rich" are blue teams new boogiemen...the politics of envy.

it's not "politics of envy" the R's gave the rich 2 trillion bucks with some understanding we'd get it back, we never got it back so now we have to take it.

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 06:19 PM
Hey at least envying the rich makes sense. Republican politics involve the narrative that the single black mom on Medicaid and food stamps somehow has it made :lol

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 06:41 PM
yeah. the tax scheme should target them more heavily than it does now. if you want to keep tax revenue the same, would still make more tense to tilt it even more toward the wealthy paying more of the share. if you want to increase revenue, bleed them more.

spurraider21
09-28-2021, 06:42 PM
Hey at least envying the rich makes sense. Republican politics involve the narrative that the single black mom on Medicaid and food stamps somehow has it made :lol
8:44 and on. this clip continues to be instructive years later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_A2yw4RPU

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 06:44 PM
It’s also cognitive dissonance at a certain level to complain about inflation and muh tax increases at the same time. The way you stop inflation is but taking liquidity out of the economy, ie, by taking people more.

CosmicCowboy
09-28-2021, 06:49 PM

Can you show me where you read that in their stated position?

Winehole23
09-28-2021, 08:29 PM
Can you show me where you read that in their stated position?it's yours, tbh

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184788&highlight=my+ebt

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 09:29 PM
Can you show me where you read that in their stated position?
:lol moving the goalposts to strictly what’s expressly stated as the GOP position

If you recall the GOP literally didn’t create a party platform last year.

If you want a specific example, Ronald “Those monkeys from those African countries” Reagan fear mongering about the completely made up “Chicago welfare queen” who was abusing the earned income tax credit.

Will Hunting
09-28-2021, 09:32 PM
Right now we should be raising taxes for sake of it. The economy is overheated, there’s inflation, the 2017 tax cut was pointless and did nothing to engineer economic growth, while the deficit is still way too high. The best way to dial inflation back and reduce the deficit right now would be to increase taxes.

Millennial_Messiah
09-28-2021, 09:42 PM
Right now we should be raising taxes for sake of it. The economy is overheated, there’s inflation, the 2017 tax cut was pointless and did nothing to engineer economic growth, while the deficit is still way too high. The best way to dial inflation back and reduce the deficit right now would be to increase taxes.

& cut spending, sequester across the board like the january 2013 sequestration x 10... and stop making and passing stupid ass spending bills.

& increase Fed interest rate to a mandatory minimum 5% at least guaranteed for the next 3 years. crack down on mass borrowing.

Roll back the national debt and consumer goods/real estate prices to 1999, please.

Winehole23
09-28-2021, 10:18 PM
interesting take for Chait

SnakeBoy
09-28-2021, 10:28 PM
interesting take for Chait

Oh there's gonna be a reckoning

Winehole23
09-28-2021, 10:50 PM
He's got a point there

Sure will look like Pelosi did a corrupt deal with Senate "moderates" to deep six Biden's agenda in favor of incremental change without any tangible political benefit if the BIF passes and the big bill doesn't. It's almost like majority rule is too spicy for Dems.

Mitch McConnell and the Republicans don't have that problem.

ElNono
09-28-2021, 11:05 PM
I called this months ago... Manchin and Sinema are going to sink this government. Mitch only ever had this problem with McCain det one time.

Really befuddling how these people (Biden, Chuck, now Pelosi) don't see it from a mile away. Nobody cares about bipartisanship in this environment, especially on legislation that makes one party look good.

Did Mitch care about bipartisanship when packing the SCOTUS? He didn't even think twice about blowing the filibuster over that one.

Both parties are looking for the next attack ad, which now is going to include "he did nothing in 2 years while you were struggling with COVID".

The GOP playbook has been to delay delay delay until the midterms. Manchin and Sinema have been complete enablers on that.

This is obviously until the next Wall Street bailout, then yes, bipartisanship saves the day.

Thread
09-28-2021, 11:23 PM
I called this months ago... Manchin and Sinema are going to sink this government. Mitch only ever had this problem with McCain det one time.

Really befuddling how these people (Biden, Chuck, now Pelosi) don't see it from a mile away. Nobody cares about bipartisanship in this environment, especially on legislation that makes one party look good.

Did Mitch care about bipartisanship when packing the SCOTUS? He didn't even think twice about blowing the filibuster over that one.

Both parties are looking for the next attack ad, which now is going to include "he did nothing in 2 years while you were struggling with COVID".

The GOP playbook has been to delay delay delay until the midterms. Manchin and Sinema have been complete enablers on that.

This is obviously until the next Wall Street bailout, then yes, bipartisanship saves the day.

I pray you're right, El. I'd give my left nut for your (call) to hit on all points.

Sure, I'd lose a host of goodies, but I'll stand that gaffe.

Winehole23
09-28-2021, 11:27 PM
Oh there's gonna be a reckoningdo tell

Thread
09-28-2021, 11:32 PM
do tell

Absolutely, Winester.

SnakeBoy
09-28-2021, 11:39 PM

:lol

I told you it was a win/win election :tu

You could've had Amy

ElNono
09-28-2021, 11:45 PM

You could've had Amy

All I wanted was the big loser gone. I received my wish :tu

Winehole23
09-28-2021, 11:55 PM

You could've had AmyKlobs couldn't beat Biden :lol

https://www.usatoday.com/elections/results/primaries/democratic/

Winehole23
09-28-2021, 11:56 PM
embrace the suck or suck the cope, Snake boi

SnakeBoy
09-29-2021, 12:52 AM

All I wanted was the big loser gone. I received my wish :tu

Sure sounds like you're happy

https://i.imgur.com/nQN84Fs.jpeg

Adam Lambert
09-29-2021, 12:54 AM
My guy lost but you're the real loser here

https://i.imgur.com/nQN84Fs.jpeg

spurraider21
09-29-2021, 01:04 AM

making that sell was a big part of joe's campaign, though.

dems insisting that these bills must happen simultaneously only gives the reupblican senators who WERE on board an out.

ElNono
09-29-2021, 01:11 AM
Sure sounds like you're happy

Old Joe did right by me already, he doesn't owe me a thing.

I just find very amateurish all that talk about bipartisanship and what not if you want to get something done.

Even in the Newt days, the polarization on the street wasn't what it is now.

And you can take off that mask, we know det one last presidential election still hurts :lol

ElNono
09-29-2021, 01:21 AM
making that sell was a big part of joe's campaign, though.

dems insisting that these bills must happen simultaneously only gives the reupblican senators who WERE on board an out.

:lol nobody voted for Joe because muh bipartisanship. He won bigly because non-trumptards were tired of the big loser. You don't need to have a political science degree to know the last election was the GOP cultists vs the rest.

We're a year away from the midterms, and the only thing this administration has to show for from their agenda is a single COVID rescue package.

Let's be honest here, out of all the things this administration proposed (electoral, immigration, criminal reform, etc), infrastructure legislation is far and away the easiest one to tackle. But, they likely won't even get that done, mostly because of Sinema and Manchin.

And should the GOP cult win both chambers of Congress a year from now, I'm not even sure Old Joe ends his term. That's where we're at here.

When somebody brings up in a couple of years why Biden didn't do X or Y despite they had majority in Congress and controlled the executive, I don't want to hear muh filibuster, that's not the reason.

Winehole23
09-29-2021, 10:09 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAdiAtXWQAQpYKB?format=jpg&name=360x360
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAdiAuIXIAcDK3Q?format=jpg&name=360x360

Winehole23
09-29-2021, 11:20 AM
Pelosi wavers

In response to a question about the progressive threat, Pelosi implied there does need to be an agreement on “legislative language” for the budget bill in order for the infrastructure vote to occur.

“I think that we come to a place where we have agreement in legislative language ― not just principal ― in legislative language that the president supports,” Pelosi said Wednesday.

Asked Wednesday if she was specifically saying there had to be an agreement on budget bill text before the infrastructure vote, Pelosi said she wanted the two things done “simultaneously.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nancy-pelosi-infrastructure-budget_n_61547db9e4b075408bd1c326?41j

Winehole23
09-29-2021, 01:32 PM
Woody

Thread
09-29-2021, 02:27 PM
Woody

Couple a cocksuckers, Winester.

CosmicCowboy
09-29-2021, 05:43 PM
Looks like that 3.5 trillion is going down in flames. Now let's see if the "progressives" torpedo the infrastructure deal. They just got too greedy on the "pork for everyone" package.

CosmicCowboy
09-29-2021, 06:13 PM
Woody

Lol, woody has his nose out.

Winehole23
09-30-2021, 07:15 AM

Winehole23
09-30-2021, 07:46 AM
Looks like that 3.5 trillion is going down in flames. Now let's see if the "progressives" torpedo the infrastructure deal. They just got too greedy on the "pork for everyone" package.You didn't bat an eye when five defense contractors got trillions to fight failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. You certainly didn't call it a boondoggle or "pork for everyone."

Thread
09-30-2021, 07:54 AM
You didn't bat an eye when five defense contractors got trillions to fight failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. You certainly didn't call it a boondoggle or "pork for everyone."

Don't fret, Winester, that mother fucker squattin' in the White House will get around to gutting the military and that right soon, son.

ElNono
09-30-2021, 07:56 AM
Don't fret, Winester, that mother fucker squattin' in the White House will get around to gutting the military and that right soon, son.

Can't happen soon enough, tbh

Thread
09-30-2021, 08:04 AM
Can't happen soon enough, tbh

...hard to argue when the top soldier was planning to shoot President Trump to death on spec.

ADDENDUM:::But it kinda a makes sense, El,,,Madonna threatened to blow President Trump up on day 1 and nobody acted like that was against the law, so, it's no surprise that General Milley then felt it was okay for him to attempt the assassination of President Trump.

ElNono
09-30-2021, 08:12 AM
...hard to argue when the top soldier was planning to shoot President Trump to death on spec.

ADDENDUM:::But it kinda a makes sense, El,,,Madonna threatened to blow President Trump up on day 1 and nobody acted like that was against the law, so, it's no surprise that General Milley then felt it was okay for him to attempt the assassination of President Trump.

The good old hero General doing patriotic things... you love to see it...

Thread
09-30-2021, 08:18 AM
The good old hero General doing patriotic things... you love to see it...

...only to the extent that it feathers President Trump's cap due to the reality that the assassination attempt(s) by both Madonna & Milley were unsuccessful...

Trump President.
Not Clinton.

Winehole23
09-30-2021, 08:22 AM
Running up the tab by handing out goodies to rich folks and defense contractors then refusing to pay for it when the the other party has power is by now Republican orthodoxy

https://zfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/2020-04-30-National-Debt-to-GDP-zFacts.jpg

CosmicCowboy
09-30-2021, 08:31 AM
You didn't bat an eye when five defense contractors got trillions to fight failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. You certainly didn't call it a boondoggle or "pork for everyone."

I have been consistent in my disapproval of our nation building in the middle east. You are just making shit up now Blowhole.

Thread
09-30-2021, 08:32 AM
Running up the tab by handing out goodies to rich folks and defense contractors then refusing to pay for it when the the other party has power is by now Republican orthodoxy

https://zfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/2020-04-30-National-Debt-to-GDP-zFacts.jpg

Not so fast, daddy...look what happened when President Trump went against Milley. tee, hee.

Winehole23
09-30-2021, 08:32 AM
I have been consistent in my disapproval of our nation building in the middle east. You are just making shit up now Blowhole.Not about the spending, nary a quibble about defense budgets

Thread
09-30-2021, 08:34 AM
Not about the spending, nary a quibble about defense budgets

Your mother fucker has the con, Winester.

Chop/chop.

CosmicCowboy
09-30-2021, 08:40 AM
Not about the spending, nary a quibble about defense budgets

one requires the other. Duh.

Winehole23
09-30-2021, 08:48 AM
one requires the other. Duh.you disapproved tacitly?

:lmao

Winehole23
09-30-2021, 08:52 AM
kudos to CC for his courageous silence on US defense budgets :lmao

Winehole23
09-30-2021, 09:25 AM
could end up driving more people to them, tbh

https://twitter.com/fdwilkinson/status/1443580220057948178

https://i.redd.it/ei0ns1wwusaz.jpg

Winehole23
09-30-2021, 10:16 AM
damn

CosmicCowboy
09-30-2021, 11:10 AM
kudos to CC for his courageous silence on US defense budgets :lmao

Kudos to Blowhole for multiple goal post moves and strawman whataboutism. Typical Blowhole.

Thread
09-30-2021, 11:17 AM
damn

(They're) mad, well, more like enraged at him and thus have taken off the gloves. Where were (they) the last 20 years?

tee, hee.

spurraider21
09-30-2021, 03:40 PM
the problem is sinema/manchin wont face any pressure or leverage. they are vocally against the big reconciliation bill and they have no shame in owning that they're tanking it. whatever happens to the infra bill, they seem perfectly proud to tank the 3.5 trillion reconciliation bill. theres no additional pressure

meanwhile they can proudly say they voted for the infra bill and its the progressives getting in the way. just makes the dems look incompetent like the republicans with obamacare and mccain thumbs down

Thread
09-30-2021, 04:33 PM
the problem is sinema/manchin wont face any pressure or leverage. they are vocally against the big reconciliation bill and they have no shame in owning that they're tanking it. whatever happens to the infra bill, they seem perfectly proud to tank the 3.5 trillion reconciliation bill. theres no additional pressure

meanwhile they can proudly say they voted for the infra bill and its the progressives getting in the way. just makes the dems look incompetent like the republicans with obamacare and mccain thumbs down

They're already actively threatening to (primary) Sinema as we speak, 21. They don't want to get too overwrought with Manchin, but they've even thrown it is his face about 20 year investments he's got.

Make no mistake the gloves are off. (They) do not want to see Biden get shamed like this in broad daylight, AND most importantly in front of President Trump. (They) want to do that exact same thing to President Trump. Have Biden get the 3.5 trillion then shuffle to a podium and utter "Trump" in some way, shape, or, form, before shuffling back out for an Ovaltine.

spurraider21
09-30-2021, 05:17 PM
They're already actively threatening to (primary) Sinema as we speak, 21. They don't want to get too overwrought with Manchin, but they've even thrown it is his face about 20 year investments he's got.

Make no mistake the gloves are off. (They) do not want to see Biden get shamed like this in broad daylight, AND most importantly in front of President Trump. (They) want to do that exact same thing to President Trump. Have Biden get the 3.5 trillion then shuffle to a podium and utter "Trump" in some way, shape, or, form, before shuffling back out for an Ovaltine.
they absolutely should primary sinema

but in the meantime have to deal with the reality of the current situation. not a fantasy world where sinema/manchin are going to pull a 180 and support a bill they've publicly said they wont

Dirks_Finale
09-30-2021, 05:31 PM

Manchin voted with Trump like 60% of the time. I predict he joins the GOP soon. The more that little twit AOC bad mouths him on camera, the better :lol. Keep at it girl!! Push those buttons.

Dirks_Finale
09-30-2021, 05:32 PM

but in the meantime have to deal with the reality of the current situation. not a fantasy world where sinema/manchin are going to pull a 180 and support a bill they've publicly said they wont

I don't think she cares. I think she has a promising career ahead of her as a lobbyist and she knows it.

spurraider21
09-30-2021, 05:35 PM
I don't think she cares. I think she has a promising career ahead of her as a lobbyist and she knows it.
i dont care if she cares

CosmicCowboy
09-30-2021, 05:49 PM

Good luck running an AOC style progressive against Sinema in Arizona...:lol

Trill Clinton
09-30-2021, 05:58 PM

Nah she burned all those bridges. She'll get a network gig.

CosmicCowboy
09-30-2021, 06:31 PM
If she sticks to her guns she will be reelected in 2024 even if they spitefully try to primary her.

boutons_deux
09-30-2021, 06:59 PM
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/243994323_203290318569217_6501635659348716352_n.jp g?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=BYcf0-4BMRcAX9LNXqp&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=f0cf3229afdcda5d571660e0f5e97e37&oe=617D3A0B

boutons_deux
09-30-2021, 07:07 PM
Joe Manchin whines about $3.5 trillion — but he spent $9.1 trillion on defense

This is a complete crock, as Manchin's own actions prove:

For years, he has been casually voting for bloated defense budgets many times the size of the Biden agenda.

His squalling about overspending is dishonest nonsense, and

he is utterly wrong about what America can afford.

the Democrats' reconciliation package isn't a $3.5 trillion bill; it's a $350 billion one.

Manchin voted for every single one of the military budgets over the last decade —

in 2011 (https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=112&session=1&vote=00230), 2012 (https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=112&session=2&vote=00229), 2013 (https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/113-2013/s284), 2014 (https://www.armed-services.senate.gov/press-releases/senate-armed-services-committee-roll-call-votes-on-national-defense-authorization-act-for-fiscal-year-2015), 2015 (https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=114&session=1&vote=00301), 2016 (https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/manchin-applauds-senate-passage-of-national-defense-authorization-act), 2017 (https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/11/16/2017/manchin-applauds-senate-passage-of-the-national-defense-authorization-act-), 2018 (https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/manchin-votes-to-pass-ndaa-which-includes-reimburseemnt-for-martinsburg-big-springs-water-plant-), 2019 (https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/manchin-votes-to-pass-the-national-defense-authorization-act), and 2020 (https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/manchin-votes-to-move-forward-to-override-president-trumps-veto-of-defense-bill).

He voted for all $9.1 trillion.

https://theweek.com/democrats/1005529/joe-manchin-whines-about-35-trillion-but-he-spent-91-trillion-on-defense

Manchin's bribers handed him bullshit to camouflage his vote to protect his bribers.

CosmicCowboy
09-30-2021, 07:31 PM
Joe Manchin whines about $3.5 trillion — but he spent $9.1 trillion on defense

This is a complete crock, as Manchin's own actions prove:

For years, he has been casually voting for bloated defense budgets many times the size of the Biden agenda.

His squalling about overspending is dishonest nonsense, and

he is utterly wrong about what America can afford.

the Democrats' reconciliation package isn't a $3.5 trillion bill; it's a $350 billion one.

Manchin voted for every single one of the military budgets over the last decade —

in 2011 (https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=112&session=1&vote=00230), 2012 (https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=112&session=2&vote=00229), 2013 (https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/113-2013/s284), 2014 (https://www.armed-services.senate.gov/press-releases/senate-armed-services-committee-roll-call-votes-on-national-defense-authorization-act-for-fiscal-year-2015), 2015 (https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=114&session=1&vote=00301), 2016 (https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/manchin-applauds-senate-passage-of-national-defense-authorization-act), 2017 (https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/11/16/2017/manchin-applauds-senate-passage-of-the-national-defense-authorization-act-), 2018 (https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/manchin-votes-to-pass-ndaa-which-includes-reimburseemnt-for-martinsburg-big-springs-water-plant-), 2019 (https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/manchin-votes-to-pass-the-national-defense-authorization-act), and 2020 (https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/manchin-votes-to-move-forward-to-override-president-trumps-veto-of-defense-bill).

He voted for all $9.1 trillion.

https://theweek.com/democrats/1005529/joe-manchin-whines-about-35-trillion-but-he-spent-91-trillion-on-defense

Manchin's bribers handed him bullshit to camouflage his vote to protect his bribers.

It a good thing nobody gives a shit what you think, Boutons. Your moms second hand smoke in that putrid singlewide has rotted your brain.

Thread
09-30-2021, 08:30 PM
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/243994323_203290318569217_6501635659348716352_n.jp g?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=BYcf0-4BMRcAX9LNXqp&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=f0cf3229afdcda5d571660e0f5e97e37&oe=617D3A0B

She's what 21 refers to as a mudslime.

Winehole23
10-01-2021, 12:45 AM
salt of the earth

Thread
10-01-2021, 12:53 AM
salt of the earth

Have that cocksucker squattin' in the White House cut Manchin a check, Winester. That's how Biden got us out of Aft, minus the 13 children.

Winehole23
10-01-2021, 09:02 AM
"optics"

sure looks like the secret plan was to pass BIF and pass on reconciliation when the above board one -- the one that moved the BIF in the first place -- was to do both at the same time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAi3flGX0AAeO-s?format=jpg&name=small

CosmicCowboy
10-01-2021, 12:44 PM
"optics"

sure looks like the secret plan was to pass BIF and pass on reconciliation when the above board one -- the one that moved the BIF in the first place -- was to do both at the same time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAi3flGX0AAeO-s?format=jpg&name=small

It's dead.

CosmicCowboy
10-01-2021, 12:48 PM

Guess Omar is insane. She and her posse are about to kill the deal completely.

Winehole23
10-01-2021, 01:41 PM
It's dead.eh, we'll see

Thread
10-01-2021, 01:43 PM
It's dead.

I got a feeling I'm never gonna get that $600x2 that Biden stole from both me & President Trump.

Winehole23
10-01-2021, 04:09 PM

Winehole23
10-01-2021, 04:10 PM
so much for the rush to get 'er done

CosmicCowboy
10-01-2021, 07:19 PM
Sleepy Joe translation:

We are fucked. I had to say something.

Thread
10-01-2021, 08:38 PM
Sleepy Joe translation:

He's embarrassed. Not like when he watch watched when the 13 kids came home into Dover, AFB, but still he looks terrible, not so much in front of (us), but in front of President Trump.

Trainwreck2100
10-01-2021, 08:47 PM
salt of the earth

This is easily the dumbest fucking lying ass bullshit, it's not a yacht it's a houseboat that costs less than a condo, and everyone knows that he lives there. Is he still rich as fuck, yes but for fuck sake don't lie about it.

Trainwreck2100
10-01-2021, 08:48 PM

That's the moderates fault for the whole "Biden needs a win now" bullshit they been spouting. Looks like he doesn't feel he needs it

Thread
10-01-2021, 09:37 PM
This is easily the dumbest fucking lying ass bullshit, it's not a yacht it's a houseboat that costs less than a condo, and everyone knows that he lives there. Is he still rich as fuck, yes but for fuck sake don't lie about it.

wrecky, the voice of reason & moderation in troubled times.

wrecky

spurraider21
10-01-2021, 09:40 PM
Sleepy Joe translation:

Not really. He could have sided with moderates and taken side of least resistance.

Thread
10-01-2021, 09:41 PM
Not really. He could have sided with moderates and taken side of least resistance.

...he could even had revealed his (plan), 21.

tee, hee.

ducks
10-01-2021, 10:01 PM
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/186513619_10225818768601687_3644162840860692227_n. jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=GaP0qmlGC78AX-TqYVk&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=4b9f71d00d14d987d20bd122c041f15e&oe=617DC5D8

Thread
10-03-2021, 06:52 PM
Civil question:::does anyone know if the House is a done deal for these two bills, and they just need to get them thru the Senate, or, will the House be a whole new struggle?

CosmicCowboy
10-04-2021, 06:34 PM
Civil question:::does anyone know if the House is a done deal for these two bills, and they just need to get them thru the Senate, or, will the House be a whole new struggle?

Sounds like if the senate passes anything less than 3.5 trillion the progressive caucus in the house will blow the whole deal up for both.

Winehole23
10-04-2021, 09:25 PM
Not really. He could have sided with moderates and taken side of least resistance.Joe Biden, a clear majority of Dem reps and 70% of Dem voters are for the reconciliation bill.

Are you sure that Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema are the path of least resistance?

Winehole23
10-08-2021, 09:07 AM
poor Manchin

Winehole23
10-08-2021, 09:10 AM
on the run

Winehole23
10-12-2021, 08:59 AM
paid family/medical leave, home healthcare, child care, lower Medicare drug prices, Medicare coverage for dental/vision/hearing, universal pre-k, more IRS enforcment, tax increases for those making over $400K( top 3% of earners)

most of these things poll pretty well

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democrats-build-back-better-americans-dont-know-opinion-poll/

Thread
10-12-2021, 09:07 AM
paid family/medical leave, home healthcare, child care, lower Medicare drug prices, Medicare coverage for dental/vision/hearing, universal pre-k, more IRS enforcment, tax increases for those making over $400K( top 3% of earners)

most of these things poll pretty well

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democrats-build-back-better-americans-dont-know-opinion-poll/

I got's nary issues with it. Nary.

Winehole23
10-12-2021, 09:10 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBgI4U5XEAE7j9H?format=jpg&name=large

Thread
10-12-2021, 09:16 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBgI4U5XEAE7j9H?format=jpg&name=large

It's easy for Germany because they have Hitler covering their asses 75+ years after he died. They use all their DI (discretionary income) not on military, that's forbidden. No, their children don't go to the slaughters. Our children go to the slaughters in their place. Then 13 come back and find that mother fucker Biden clock watching.

Let us proceed...

Winehole23
10-13-2021, 01:44 AM

Winehole23
10-16-2021, 04:29 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBxavk0WQAQwLWx?format=jpg&name=900x900

Thread
10-16-2021, 04:36 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBxavk0WQAQwLWx?format=jpg&name=900x900

She's a handful, eh, Winester?
tee, hee.

Winehole23
10-17-2021, 09:36 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FByAYwgWEAIldQt?format=jpg&name=large

Thread
10-17-2021, 09:46 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FByAYwgWEAIldQt?format=jpg&name=large

Manchin not good now. When he was doing President Trump like this Manchin good then.
tee, hee.

Winehole23
10-19-2021, 09:35 AM
this is why we can't afford it

Winehole23
10-19-2021, 06:30 PM
the $100 billion referred to wasn't even requested by DoD, it was simply tacked on by concerned legislators.

Winehole23
10-19-2021, 07:37 PM
red state socialized medicine, sounds amazing

spurraider21
10-19-2021, 07:46 PM
not voting on the infrastructure bill has really ramped up the pressure on the reconciliation package!!

Winehole23
10-19-2021, 10:54 PM
Reminds me of a place I live

Winehole23
10-19-2021, 10:56 PM
not voting on the infrastructure bill has really ramped up the pressure on the reconciliation package!!

1450578317715836931Sleepy Joe said there wasn't any rush to pass anything. Is there one?

DarrinS
10-19-2021, 11:01 PM
Whinoppopotamus not getting his 10 miles in today. Or working.

Sadbert

spurraider21
10-19-2021, 11:04 PM

Sadbert
what's on the menu tonight, barkeep?

SnakeBoy
10-19-2021, 11:24 PM

Sadbert

Did you ever tell grandpa whinehole where you live so he could challenge you to a bicycle race in person?

DarrinS
10-19-2021, 11:32 PM
what's on the menu tonight, barkeep?

Steak and grilled veggies.

DarrinS
10-19-2021, 11:35 PM
Did you ever tell grandpa whinehole where you live so he could challenge you to a bicycle race in person?

My 150 lb body would get destroyed by Wal-Mart scooter whinehole. :lmao

Winehole23
10-19-2021, 11:40 PM
Try me sometime, skinny D

DarrinS
10-19-2021, 11:42 PM

Try me sometime, skinny D

Fatbert

Winehole23
10-19-2021, 11:43 PM
Is that a no?

ChumpDumper
10-19-2021, 11:44 PM
Darrin was riddled with cellulite and COVID now he wants everyone else to be.

DarrinS
10-19-2021, 11:51 PM
Darrin was riddled with cellulite and COVID now he wants everyone else to be.

I don't wish harm on anyone.

ChumpDumper
10-19-2021, 11:52 PM
I don't wish harm on anyone.Your posts contradict you.

Winehole23
10-19-2021, 11:56 PM
I don't wish harm on anyone.Sure you do, you're mean as a snake. Politics on your side is based on getting a kick out of the suffering of others.

DarrinS
10-20-2021, 12:02 AM
Sure you do, you're mean as a snake. Politics on your side is based on getting a kick out of the suffering of others.

If you believe this, no wonder you hate us.

Winehole23
10-20-2021, 12:03 AM
If you believe this, no wonder you hate us.I don't hate anyone, but my eyes are wide open.

Winehole23
10-20-2021, 12:04 AM
Sadism is the core of GOP politics.

Thread
10-20-2021, 03:46 AM
Sadism is the core of GOP politics.

You taught us that tact, Winester.

You can dish it.
You just can't take it.

monosylab1k
10-20-2021, 06:40 AM
Sure you do, you're mean as a snake. Politics on your side is based on getting a kick out of the suffering of others.

If you believe this, no wonder you hate us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_61VrKDhcqI

boutons_deux
10-20-2021, 01:26 PM
Sinema is obviously going to switch

And now Manchin is extorting a switch to throw the Senate back to McConnell if the Dems don't agree to Manchin's hatchet job.

The Constitution has fucked America into unfuckability.

Thread
10-20-2021, 01:37 PM
Sinema is obviously going to switch

And now Manchin is extorting a stwich to throw the Senate back to McConnell if the Dems don't agree to Manchin's hatchet job.

The Constitution has fucked America into unfuckability.

...the reason?...simple...

Trump President.
Not Clinton.

spurraider21
10-20-2021, 02:54 PM
guys i promise... holding off the vote on infrastructure will put pressure on the moderates!

https://twitter.com/Anthony/status/1450905434114699265

SnakeBoy
10-20-2021, 05:20 PM
SCOOP: Manchin Tells Associates He’s Considering Leaving the Democratic Party and Has an Exit Plan
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/10/senator-joe-manchin-democratic-party-exit-plan-biden-infrastructure-deal-exclusive/

CosmicCowboy
10-20-2021, 05:52 PM
LOL Manchin putting the wood to the socialists.

boutons_deux
10-20-2021, 05:54 PM
Sleepy Joe said there wasn't any rush to pass anything. Is there one?

little chance now to pass anything,

but no chance after Sinema and/or Manchin switch parties, give Senate back to McConnell

ElNono
10-20-2021, 05:56 PM
LOL Manchin putting the wood to the moderates.

fify

CosmicCowboy
10-20-2021, 06:05 PM
fify

Nope. He is a moderate.

ElNono
10-20-2021, 10:32 PM
Nope. He is a moderate.

Biden is a moderate. Manchin is flat out a republican...

ElNono
10-20-2021, 10:34 PM
If you can't even negotiate with Brandon, who will bend the knee with almost anything you ask, then you're just trolling or want the administration to go down in flames...

Winehole23
10-20-2021, 11:34 PM
A moderate Democrat is one who votes to please radical, obstructionist Republicans.

Winehole23
10-21-2021, 03:50 AM
GOP has given up on winning new voters and fair elections

Thread
10-21-2021, 03:55 AM
If you can't even negotiate with Brandon, who will bend the knee with almost anything you ask, then you're just trolling or want the administration to go down in flames...

...the latter.

Winehole23
10-21-2021, 10:50 AM
If Manchin succeeds in blocking funding for green energy R&D, the US will essentially be ceding the lead in renewable energy technology to China

researchers from Harvard, Tsinghua University in Beijing, Nankai University in Tianjin and Renmin University of China in Beijing have found that (https://www.seas.harvard.edu/news/2021/10/chinas-solar-powered-future) China is on the cusp of a tipping point. By 2025, unsubsidized solar power with battery storage everywhere in China will be cheaper than coal. Indeed, solar plus battery is already cheaper than coal in 3/4s of the country. Especially given drops in the cost of battery storage, the paper concludes that China can get 43% of its total power from solar at less than 2.5 cents a kilowatt hour by 2060, making the Communist Party’s current plans for decarbonization by then plausible. Coal is usually figured at 5 cents a kilowatt hour, and solar plus battery is already less than that.
Harvard Engineering School’s “News and Events” quotes one of the co-authors, Chris P. Nielsen, the executive director of the Harvard-China Project, as saying that most people now understand that decarbonizing is key to fighting the climate emergency. He adds, “Not as many realize that decarbonizing the power system is the linchpin, especially as more sectors become electrified, and that accommodation by the grid of renewable variability is the toughest part of the puzzle. It’s a huge breakthrough, and not just for China, if storage can make solar power grid-compatible at a competitive cost.”
https://www.juancole.com/2021/10/manchin-positioned-dominate.html

Thread
10-21-2021, 10:55 AM
If Manchin succeeds in blocking funding for green energy R&D, the US will essentially be ceding the lead in renewable energy technology to China

https://www.juancole.com/2021/10/manchin-positioned-dominate.html

That dog tired old bromide...it's akin to "Russia meddles." bromide.

Anytime you need a hand out, you commence with either of those 2, or, both, or, you hustle race.

Winehole23
10-22-2021, 10:35 AM
Sounds about right.

We do love our puppies. Infants postpartum, not so much.

Winehole23
10-28-2021, 02:46 AM
Minority rule framing

Thread
10-28-2021, 02:57 AM
Minority rule framing

That mother fucker squattin' in the White House is getting his fucking clock cleaned.
ha, ha.

CosmicCowboy
10-28-2021, 07:36 AM
Wow...the Senate cut out a ton of shit the House Bolshevik's were demanding...and Biden is gonna go public with the details today...Will the House blow it up?

boutons_deux
10-28-2021, 11:11 AM
Andy Borowitz (https://www.facebook.com/andyborowitz?__cft__[0]=AZWiDahObX8RoJ2ytY8CBeYjAJZBHX_uAxufkqemhBiCf3gXC MklRoy-5MH9qyQ5XQXZPXx9O-ZmApFkFUndYqvgva4duWZm16zRKhruqNMSdNWKJQi28WQA-tN2-xPyBnrKxNFhuj5oujVHP3Tjq2u8qgeV--VQ9if05IR67Uqj2UPAgLCUt0d9BTq1W_4j8AGo5I5maPsptj0k gdAXbrw4&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R)

Six Weeks' Paid Leave Opposed by Person With Thirty-Three Weeks' Paid Leave

CosmicCowboy
10-29-2021, 05:06 AM
:lol The Bolsheviks in the house cut Biden's shriveled old balls off before he left for Europe.

Thread
10-29-2021, 06:34 AM
Andy Borowitz (https://www.facebook.com/andyborowitz?__cft__[0]=AZWiDahObX8RoJ2ytY8CBeYjAJZBHX_uAxufkqemhBiCf3gXC MklRoy-5MH9qyQ5XQXZPXx9O-ZmApFkFUndYqvgva4duWZm16zRKhruqNMSdNWKJQi28WQA-tN2-xPyBnrKxNFhuj5oujVHP3Tjq2u8qgeV--VQ9if05IR67Uqj2UPAgLCUt0d9BTq1W_4j8AGo5I5maPsptj0k gdAXbrw4&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R)

Six Weeks' Paid Leave Opposed by Person With Thirty-Three Weeks' Paid Leave

Pinch me, bouts. I cannot believe Manchin continues to stand the gaffe.

Bless-his-heart.

Winehole23
10-31-2021, 02:36 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FC-Mk7gX0AIseGE?format=jpg&name=medium

Winehole23
10-31-2021, 02:37 AM
:lol The Bolsheviks in the house cut Biden's shriveled old balls off before he left for Europe.social spending you disagree with isn't bolshevism, tbh

boutons_deux
10-31-2021, 11:45 AM
CC is such predictable, toxic rightwing Macho Man

boutons_deux
10-31-2021, 06:48 PM
Americans are such stupid fuckers, adoring Capitalism as it sucks their wealth

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/p843x403/250749299_435179961306164_6040022482018057263_n.jp g?_nc_cat=101&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=BnWQp6iJFE4AX853gn3&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=a5b86be18ec299beac04b593d3bf27e2&oe=61A36973

SnakeBoy
11-01-2021, 04:00 PM
In blow to Biden, Manchin will not commit to backing $1.75 trillion bill
https://news.yahoo.com/1-senator-manchin-not-promise-181958845.html

"While I’ve worked hard to find a path to compromise, it’s obvious: compromise is not good enough for a lot of my colleagues in Congress. It’s all or nothing, and their position doesn’t seem to change unless we agree to everything," Manchin told a news conference.

"Enough is enough. It’s time our elected leaders in Washington, all of us, stopped playing games with the needs of the American people in holding a critical infrastructure bill hostage.”

He portrayed the bill as being filled with "shell games" and "budget gimmicks" that would end up costing far more than its $1.75 trillion price tag.

Winehole23
11-01-2021, 04:02 PM
All hail President Manchin

Winehole23
11-01-2021, 04:04 PM
what a crook

Thread
11-01-2021, 04:22 PM
All hail President Manchin

...amen to that.

SnakeBoy
11-01-2021, 08:40 PM

spurraider21
11-01-2021, 09:13 PM
LOL Manchin putting the wood to the socialists.
you dont know what socialism is

DarrinS
11-01-2021, 09:28 PM

You love to see it

Thread
11-01-2021, 09:34 PM
You love to see it

What took 'em this long?

ElNono
11-02-2021, 03:19 AM
In blow to Biden, Manchin will not commit to backing $1.75 trillion bill
https://news.yahoo.com/1-senator-manchin-not-promise-181958845.html

"While I’ve worked hard to find a path to compromise, it’s obvious: compromise is not good enough for a lot of my colleagues in Congress. It’s all or nothing, and their position doesn’t seem to change unless we agree to everything," Manchin told a news conference.

"Enough is enough. It’s time our elected leaders in Washington, all of us, stopped playing games with the needs of the American people in holding a critical infrastructure bill hostage.”

He portrayed the bill as being filled with "shell games" and "budget gimmicks" that would end up costing far more than its $1.75 trillion price tag.

Called it! Me

Thread
11-02-2021, 06:13 AM
Called it! Me

"He portrayed the bill as being filled with "shell games" and "budget gimmicks"

Manch just called MF Biden a flim-flam man, a carny, a bunco artist.

But let us be honest; that precisely what this shit is. The worst of it is the $560 billion of mad money for the climate change rat hole. They're gonna have a great, old time keeping that separate and safe, doling it out a bit at-a-time, being a big shot for the first time since he got to squattin'.

But 400,001 is comin' for this mother fucker that squats. I'm a countin' coup, El, night & fuckin' day. 400k is comin' first, then the -1-.

Let us proceed...

boutons_deux
11-02-2021, 07:10 AM
The oligarchy is pleased that their bribes are working so well with Manchin and Sinema.

The Constitution fucks America. Unfucking is impossible.

Thread
11-02-2021, 07:13 AM
The oligarchy is pleased that their bribes are working so well with Manchin and Sinema.

The Constitution fucks America. Unfucking is impossible.

Could be the BIG SET-UP, bouts. You may get relief yet, daddy, and I'll be sittin' here with my dick in my hand.

spurraider21
11-02-2021, 09:17 AM
I think i figured it out. Liberal is when your spending bill is under 1.5 trillion. Socialism is when your spending bill is more than 1.5 trillion

Will Hunting
11-02-2021, 09:22 AM
:lmao Joe Manchin asking for a work requirement for paid family leave

"People need to be able to work in order to get time off work!"

Will Hunting
11-02-2021, 09:25 AM
I just want the solar tax credits. Bumping the solar ITC from 26% to 30% and creating a new energy storage ITC as proposed will be incredibly lucrative for my job.

Will Hunting
11-02-2021, 09:27 AM
Cori Bush is an idiot. The guy she primaried was pure scum, but I wish the Justice Dems would find better candidates who aren't complete fucking morons.

boutons_deux
11-02-2021, 11:32 AM
Andy Borowitz (https://www.facebook.com/andyborowitz?__cft__[0]=AZVugCr0sbGALRtFo1Zc1TxfSzgO1F3mrISnHbyMRGDKhG423 5agx-NpYKQD2lUriyjI92LKPNV5Vf_5swLKLasyrFCNds0NU3y-f5E-Tx9SUDZEYSpqv8ydM1mn7NqnoKjstk8TfQbSemBKPegI908WJ2 FLvasgmiMpnJYnnGB78A&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R)

Republicans Name Manchin Employee of the Month

Thread
11-02-2021, 11:39 AM
Andy Borowitz (https://www.facebook.com/andyborowitz?__cft__[0]=AZVugCr0sbGALRtFo1Zc1TxfSzgO1F3mrISnHbyMRGDKhG423 5agx-NpYKQD2lUriyjI92LKPNV5Vf_5swLKLasyrFCNds0NU3y-f5E-Tx9SUDZEYSpqv8ydM1mn7NqnoKjstk8TfQbSemBKPegI908WJ2 FLvasgmiMpnJYnnGB78A&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R)

Republicans Name Manchin Employee of the Month

Just pray he ain't a mole, bouts. He's dug himself quite a hole though. Almost inexplicable. I've pinched myself a dozen times and am covered in welts.

He didn't treat President Trump even close to this bad as he's treating MF Biden. Something must have been said by old Squirts when they last met out at Camp David before this trip.

spurraider21
11-02-2021, 11:41 AM
Cori Bush is an idiot. The guy she primaried was pure scum, but I wish the Justice Dems would find better candidates who aren't complete fucking morons.
AOC started out that way too and has more or less calmed down

Thread
11-02-2021, 11:45 AM

She's waiting for the right moment to make another ass of herself. She ain't done being an attention whore.

Will Hunting
11-02-2021, 01:06 PM
Yeah but AOC is also educated and smart. Cori Bush is a full blown communist BLM protester with no education.

spurraider21
11-02-2021, 01:07 PM
Yeah but AOC is also educated and smart. Cori Bush is a full blown communist BLM protester with no education.
true

SnakeBoy
11-03-2021, 05:44 PM

Tax breaks for the rich good now

CosmicCowboy
11-03-2021, 06:00 PM

I am liking that one. Go Brandon, go!

ElNono
11-04-2021, 12:15 AM

Promises made, promises kept

Winehole23
11-04-2021, 02:10 AM
I am liking that one. Go Brandon, go!Bolshevist Brandon ftw

Thread
11-04-2021, 03:56 AM

Snake

boutons_deux
11-04-2021, 07:52 PM
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/252297746_239592604938988_2032679313325547785_n.jp g?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=DMPHFW3HSBQAX8PBi_-&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=0051ba4066a7f9521bd02fd0d81311c6&oe=61A883C7

SnakeBoy
11-04-2021, 08:12 PM
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/252297746_239592604938988_2032679313325547785_n.jp g?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=DMPHFW3HSBQAX8PBi_-&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=0051ba4066a7f9521bd02fd0d81311c6&oe=61A883C7

D on D attack ads

I like it :tu

Thread
11-04-2021, 08:47 PM
D on D attack ads

Me too!!!

Winehole23
11-05-2021, 01:17 AM
What happened at the rules meeting?

ElNono
11-05-2021, 01:18 AM
D on R attack ads

Me too!

Winehole23
11-05-2021, 01:21 AM

boutons_deux
11-05-2021, 11:34 AM
Andy Borowitz (https://www.facebook.com/andyborowitz?__cft__[0]=AZWGcrl8QckqGEWKb7xng8Vtlq7U_d71gP59b8LIEKIOzQtx4 gOrVDD_ixtRmhandqxQdNBZ2w-4tVSkIkNi63kTEnn9hhMW-4dbazYRj7YVmuiMxUnEvEzNiv-Ft7UCYivaL-XHmScfeMSRj8jgQMelEwXX_psLjKSjqPQ2xIGSBX0MlKKl147z UbSFcONciCo&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R)

Democrats Favor Permanent Paid Leave For Joe Manchin

boutons_deux
11-05-2021, 11:39 AM
Some Dems delaying vote until CBO reports the costs

boutons_deux
11-05-2021, 01:10 PM
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/248715465_439871957497072_2263745032248460134_n.jp g?_nc_cat=101&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=ctzCTIyW6mMAX_voA6G&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=c6cfc3a5c6351aba355e1739d280a3d0&oe=618A2DFD

Thread
11-05-2021, 01:57 PM
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/248715465_439871957497072_2263745032248460134_n.jp g?_nc_cat=101&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=ctzCTIyW6mMAX_voA6G&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=c6cfc3a5c6351aba355e1739d280a3d0&oe=618A2DFD

This fuck has been a fuck his whole life.

Winehole23
11-05-2021, 04:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDcF1PQXEAI9eOO?format=jpg&name=large

Winehole23
11-05-2021, 04:21 PM
The punt to the CBO seems a timewaster, both bills are ready to go

CosmicCowboy
11-05-2021, 04:23 PM
The difference there is that the government actually got something back for their money with the defense contractors.