PDA

View Full Version : Official 2021 Draft Day Thread (Begins at 7PM CST)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dejounte
07-28-2021, 11:29 PM
With the 12th pick of the 2021 NBA Draft, the San Antonio Spurs select...

http://www.nufcblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/mystery-man.png

Your votes are in!

Undisputed SpursTalk favorite prospect is....

https://media3.giphy.com/media/FP56vNcwOVyvu/giphy.gif

FRANZ WAGNER!

https://www.starrotor.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Copy-of-Hooray.png

The question is, will the Spurs end up with Franz Wagner on draft night? Or will it be any of the other nine players in the poll?

Will the selection come out of left field, and be someone like Chris Duarte or Trey Murphy III?

Tune in to find out @ 7PM CST TONIGHT!

Poll results below:

https://i.ibb.co/fNdv6rP/top.png

https://i.ibb.co/BBtxkkk/increase.png

https://i.ibb.co/9W7zQFc/decrease.png

Mr. Body
07-28-2021, 11:34 PM
Too bad we couldn't do ranked choice voting. Say, if Wagner isn't there (and he probably won't) then what's the second choice?

timvp
07-28-2021, 11:39 PM
Kispert not even on the list. Sounds more and more like the Spurs' pick :tu

objective
07-28-2021, 11:40 PM
Locked on Network will do a live draft show on YouTube with Chad Ford if anyone can't watch ESPN or just wants another option

Dejounte
07-28-2021, 11:40 PM

There were three polls (one for each of the last three months) and Kispert was on the first. After Kispert garnered zero votes, I replaced him with Jaden Springer in the second poll.

Would be funny if he is the pick though.

Ignazzz
07-28-2021, 11:41 PM
Locked on Network will do a live draft show on YouTube with Chad Ford if anyone can't watch ESPN or just wants another option

any link for non US guys?

Uriel
07-28-2021, 11:43 PM
My money is on Sengun being the pick.

objective
07-28-2021, 11:47 PM
any link for non US guys?

Just search on YouTube, it's probably the Locked on NBA channel

Either that or locked on Network

Degoat
07-28-2021, 11:49 PM
I’m gonna choose B. Alperen Sengun Final answer lol I’ll be happy with any of the prospects tbh, it’s always great to add talent to the team! hoping we find a diamond in the rough

tim_duncan_fan
07-28-2021, 11:59 PM
Kispert or Segun is who it'll be.

Down Under
07-29-2021, 12:01 AM
alperen şengün

slick'81
07-29-2021, 12:07 AM
Stick with my original 3

1-wagner
2-sengun
3-moody

lets goooo!

ZeusWillJudge
07-29-2021, 12:07 AM
Last year my picks were: Saddiq Bey, Tyrese Haliburton, Desmond Bane, and I screamed to find a way to get Kenyon Martin Jr. in the second round. Three of those show up in just about every list of the top 10 rookies last season. Some rankings even have K-Mar2 at 10. The Spurs could have easily come up with two of those, and I think they could have worked a deal to wind up with three. (Which I would have done without question.) They would have a much brighter future if they had.

Of the players likely to be on the board this year, Davion Mitchell will be the one the Spurs will kick themselves over, if they pass. He's a legit PG, and he's a lockdown defender. (Won the Naismith DPOY. Strong for his size, and tough.) Best of all, he can shoot the 3.

Just sayin'

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 12:14 AM
Last year my picks were: Saddiq Bey, Tyrese Haliburton, Desmond Bane, and I screamed to find a way to get Kenyon Martin Jr. in the second round. Three of those show up in just about every list of the top 10 rookies last season. Some rankings even have K-Mar2 at 10. The Spurs could have easily come up with two of those, and I think they could have worked a deal to wind up with three. (Which I would have done without question.) They would have a much brighter future if they had.

Of the players likely to be on the board this year, Davion Mitchell will be the one the Spurs will kick themselves over, if they pass. He's a legit PG, and he's a lockdown defender. (Won the Naismith DPOY. Strong for his size, and tough.) Best of all, he can shoot the 3.

Just sayin'

Holy shit, you’re alive!

Good timing, too. Epic return, man. Just like this:

https://media.tenor.com/images/7510602135325db65953db07f342cc37/tenor.gif

Good mojo going into tonight. The Spurs are going to get a star now.

Robz4000
07-29-2021, 12:14 AM
My money is on Kispert tbh.

RD2191
07-29-2021, 12:18 AM
OP is a faggot.

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 12:20 AM
OP is a faggot.

:lmao

BacktoBasics
07-29-2021, 12:23 AM

Just stop. Some of us have heart conditions.

Mr. Body
07-29-2021, 12:29 AM
A wild guess, without further trades:

1. DET -- Cade Cunningham

2. HOU -- Jalen Green

3. CLE -- Evan Mobley

4. TOR -- Jalen Suggs

5. ORL -- Scottie Barnes

6. OKC -- James Bouknight

7. GSW -- Josh Giddey

8. ORL -- Jonathan Kuminga

9. SAC -- Franz Wagner

10. MEM -- Moses Moody

11. CHA -- Kai Jones

12. SAS -- ...

I'm not sure the Thunder will want Bouknight and they could do something surprising.

I can see the Warriors, if they don't trade out, taking Giddey or Wagner. If they take Kuminga, it's likely to move him.

I am pretty unsure what Sacramento wants to do at this point. But it may be obviously Wagner, as long suspected.

I am convinced at this point that Memphis wants Moody.

Charlotte, I'm not sure. Rumors are they want to trade down. They need some bigs and they may think Jones is available later. The rumor is Knicks will trade for that slot and take Duarte. I'm not sure about that.

And there are rumors that Orlando realy lilkes Zaire Williams at #8, but I'm also unsure.

We always get a lot of bend and surprises. With New Orleans moving out of #10, I'm very certain that Kispert will be available at #12. Who knows who the Spurs value? I believe Wagner is 100% gone by their pick. I believe Moody is likely gone and Giddey is almost certainly gone. As for Sengun, I feel like it's Orlando or Charlotte who could take him this high, if anyone does.

SPURt
07-29-2021, 12:35 AM
No trades, Spurs take Sengun. Should be a fun night

ragas
07-29-2021, 01:07 AM
Jalen Johnson
Ziaire Williams
Kai Jones

Going for upside

alfahdlan
07-29-2021, 02:30 AM
With my favorite gone and most of ours, I’ll roll the dice on Trey Murphy.

BWS-1994
07-29-2021, 02:32 AM
A rare draft day trade!

Spursfanfromafar
07-29-2021, 02:39 AM
My choices: 1. Alperen Sengun, 2. Moses Moody, 3. Corey Kispert. Sengun for a chance to draft an All-Star, Moody for the chance to draft another long wing who can defend and shoot and Kispert for the chance to draft for an immediate need.

If we draft Kispert/Moody, the Spurs must get John Collins in Free Agency and maybe try to bring Milutinov over to back-up / compete with Poeltl and hand the reins to Murray/White to do the ball handling. It will a solid team that will compete for the playoffs but may fall short.

If we draft Sengun, the Spurs should try to get Duncan Robinson and hoard/rent cap space to get more picks to rebuild further with this core and hope for more development by Samanic.

Uriel
07-29-2021, 04:24 AM
My choices: 1. Alperen Sengun, 2. Moses Moody, 3. Corey Kispert. Sengun for a chance to draft an All-Star, Moody for the chance to draft another long wing who can defend and shoot and Kispert for the chance to draft for an immediate need.

If we draft Kispert/Moody, the Spurs must get John Collins in Free Agency and maybe try to bring Milutinov over to back-up / compete with Poeltl and hand the reins to Murray/White to do the ball handling. It will a solid team that will compete for the playoffs but may fall short.

If we draft Sengun, the Spurs should try to get Duncan Robinson and hoard/rent cap space to get more picks to rebuild further with this core and hope for more development by Samanic.
You mean the Milutinov dream is still alive? :wow

The Truth #6
07-29-2021, 04:24 AM
My goal: If Moody is available, field offers, and trade down for 19,21. Get Trey Murphy 3 and McBride or Garuba, or maybe even Ziaire if he’s still around.

JuneJive
07-29-2021, 04:38 AM
It will be Keon Johnson.

barakz21
07-29-2021, 05:31 AM

You lost me at “Milutinov”.

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 06:53 AM
CR4NpvkLiRm

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/draft-prospect-chris-duarte-poses-for-portraits-during-media-and-as-picture-id1234270450?s=2048x2048

Rummpd
07-29-2021, 07:07 AM
Whoever they get needs to be a steal - the sad truth is Spurs should have traded DDR and/or Aldridge years ago and had a better pick but this FO is a farce so no confidence Spurs will do well tonight

Ocotillo
07-29-2021, 07:52 AM
Ugh, I am flying later today and should be home in time for the start of the draft but just got a text from the airline my flight is delayed. I should still make it but this is some of the only "must see" tv I watch.

dokdok
07-29-2021, 08:02 AM
Please don't fk this up spurs.

SAGirl
07-29-2021, 08:39 AM
There were three polls (one for each of the last three months) and Kispert was on the first. After Kispert garnered zero votes, I replaced him with Jaden Springer in the second poll.

Would be funny if he is the pick though.
I definitely think fans want a pick based on potential upside which leaves Kispert out.

SAGirl
07-29-2021, 08:46 AM

Just sayin'
You have a good eye for talent. The picks last season weren’t the only hits. I remember you were very much advocating for taking a flyer on Fred Van Vleet who was undrafted. That stuck out to me bc that was a remarkable prediction.

Do stick around for the draft Zeus. The Olympus has missed your predictions on draftees. My one qualm on Mitchell is height but there have been star PG who are small, so I am reconsidering my list of faves.

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 08:56 AM
https://youtu.be/BpCJM99U54g

mikec
07-29-2021, 08:57 AM
Ugh, I am flying later today and should be home in time for the start of the draft but just got a text from the airline my flight is delayed. I should still make it but this is some of the only "must see" tv I watch.

Me too. I also want to see if there's truth to espn going to commercial break as the spurs are picking lol

Dex
07-29-2021, 08:57 AM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/huJmPXfeir5JlpPAx0/giphy.gif

SAGirl
07-29-2021, 09:00 AM
My goal: If Moody is available, field offers, and trade down for 19,21. Get Trey Murphy 3 and McBride or Garuba, or maybe even Ziaire if he’s still around.
NY definitely wants to trade up.

If the Spurs don’t trade down it’s bc NY found a higher partner or they really like whoever is at 12. Should be fun to gain some insight based on their actions.

SAGirl
07-29-2021, 09:01 AM
CR4NpvkLiRm

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/draft-prospect-chris-duarte-poses-for-portraits-during-media-and-as-picture-id1234270450?s=2048x2048
Great pictures!!!
He already has wrinkles!! High forehead, high hair!
He’s the pick!
:lol

exstatic
07-29-2021, 09:33 AM
NY definitely wants to trade up.

If the Spurs don’t trade down it’s bc NY found a higher partner or they really like whoever is at 12. Should be fun to gain some insight based on their actions.

NY and SA aren’t really on dealing terms. Dolan accused the Spurs of tampering with Porzingas. Then, he busted our deal with Morris.

SAGirl
07-29-2021, 09:35 AM
NY and SA aren’t really on dealing terms. Dolan accused the Spurs of tampering with Porzingas. Then, he busted our deal with Morris.
I had forgotten about that, specially the Morris deal bc he ended up in the Clippers instead. I suppose if nothing happens with NY that’s the root.

EasyMoney
07-29-2021, 09:51 AM
Spurs will draft kispert, sengun or garuba.

But, if Wagner, Jones, or jalen Johnson fall...

Eaglenole2002
07-29-2021, 10:02 AM
Chad Ford says Garuba, Murphy and SHARPE all in play for Spurs.

Sharpe?

rjv
07-29-2021, 10:10 AM
wagner won't be there and i'm not even going to venture a guess as to who the spurs pick but i'd be happy with sengun, duarte, moody and even kispert. i'd be a little disappointed if they go with kai, ziaire, isaiah, jalen or keon (although that would give us two really frenetic KJs).

Uriel
07-29-2021, 10:14 AM
12. San Antonio Spurs (https://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/sa.png&w=110&h=110
Moses Moody
Arkansas
SG
The Spurs are thought to be in the market for a starting-caliber big man to build around long-term, with Alperen Sengun penciled in as a strong candidate here by NBA teams, but off the board in this scenario. Sources around the Spurs say they will be taking a best-player-available approach to this draft, as they are about to embark on a rebuilding effort that will require stockpiling as much talent as possible regardless of positional fit. Moody seems to have plenty of fans around the NBA, with his draft range appearing to start around Golden State at 7 and likely falling no further than the Warriors' second pick at the end of the lottery. Moody is one of the youngest players in the draft, fits the long-armed, sweet-shooting "3 and D" profile every team is looking for, and is coming off a productive freshman season in the SEC.
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/31867997/2021-nba-mock-draft-top-players-jockeying-lottery-position

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 10:26 AM
Media has no fucking idea what the spurs are doing :lmao

SAGirl
07-29-2021, 10:28 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/31867997/2021-nba-mock-draft-top-players-jockeying-lottery-position
Can you post who they have for the Grizzlies bc I think he’s their target if they stand put at 10? I am not subscribed to espn insider.

NASpurs
07-29-2021, 10:35 AM
https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

12. San Antonio Spurs

COREY KISPERTTeams drafting late in the first round have pursued this pick from San Antonio, according to league sources. If the Spurs stay put, the choice remains unclear. The Spurs have interest in Alperen Sengun and Franz Wagner, but they are both already off the board in this mock, as they may be on Thursday night. Keon Johnson has also been connected to San Antonio. But Kispert is the choice here because of the 3-point shooting he’d bring to a team thirsty for reliable marksmen.

NASpurs
07-29-2021, 10:41 AM

12. San Antonio Spurs

COREY KISPERT

Teams drafting late in the first round have pursued this pick from San Antonio, according to league sources. If the Spurs stay put, the choice remains unclear. The Spurs have interest in Alperen Sengun and Franz Wagner, but they are both already off the board in this mock, as they may be on Thursday night. Keon Johnson has also been connected to San Antonio. But Kispert is the choice here because of the 3-point shooting he’d bring to a team thirsty for reliable marksmen.

There's also the part where the Hawks are offering Cam Reddish and the #20 pick for teams late in the lottery.

pad300
07-29-2021, 10:43 AM
Media has no fucking idea what the spurs are doing :lmao

To be fair, neither do we...

mo7888
07-29-2021, 10:44 AM
There's also the part where the Hawks are offering Cam Reddish and the #20 pick for teams late in the lottery.

I'd listen to that offer...

SAGirl
07-29-2021, 10:44 AM

12. San Antonio Spurs

COREY KISPERT

Teams drafting late in the first round have pursued this pick from San Antonio, according to league sources. If the Spurs stay put, the choice remains unclear. The Spurs have interest in Alperen Sengun and Franz Wagner, but they are both already off the board in this mock, as they may be on Thursday night. Keon Johnson has also been connected to San Antonio. But Kispert is the choice here because of the 3-point shooting he’d bring to a team thirsty for reliable marksmen.
I think the unexpected for the Spurs this year wouldn’t be drafting Kispert.

The unexpected is going to be trading down… Thinking about it, it’s something that will disappoint me. I’d have to see what the trade is for, to up my spirits.

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 10:45 AM
To be fair, neither do we...

I mean, that’s obvious. No one is here claiming to know. But these media people keep saying “what we’re hearing is they’ll take the best player available”. Just sounds like filler material because they have no idea what to write.

NASpurs
07-29-2021, 10:46 AM

The unexpected is going to be trading down… Thinking about it, it’s something that will disappoint me. I’d have to see what the trade is for, to up my spirits.

After reading the tidbit with the Hawks, wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Hawks offered that deal to the Spurs... just connecting the logical dots here.

Uriel
07-29-2021, 10:52 AM

exstatic
07-29-2021, 10:54 AM
Reddish can’t shoot the 3 ball. Why do we want another player who chokes the spacing?

mo7888
07-29-2021, 11:01 AM

I think trading up or down makes more sense than standing pat (unless a Wagner or Kuminga drops). The draft from about 10 to 18 or 19 is fairly meh... there's better value in the 20's so, getting a couple of picks in that range increases the odds of hitting on a high upside prospect.

I'm basing this on the reports this morning that we ate taking a BPA approach and going into a rebuild.

Marco
07-29-2021, 11:05 AM
Can we say that if the Spurs worked out Davion Mitchell, there must be an ounce of interest at least in him?

mo7888
07-29-2021, 11:08 AM
Reddish can’t shoot the 3 ball. Why do we want another player who chokes the spacing?

Because some people feel like his playoff performance (60+%) from 3 indicates that he's starting to turn the corner and they want to buy low on that view... I'm not saying that's wrong or right and the same size is tiny but, the last time he was on the court was positive.

rjv
07-29-2021, 11:13 AM
Shams just tweeted a cryptic message about keeping an eye out for jalen johnson tonight.

John B
07-29-2021, 11:14 AM
What I want:
Duarte, and they chase Collins
Or Jalen Johnson, and they could settle for Lauri

What Spurs would do:
Kispert, and they sign Lauri. And the Coyote wears bandana :lol

John B
07-29-2021, 11:14 AM
Shams just tweeted a cryptic message about keeping an eye out for jalen johnson tonight.

Hell yeah!

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 11:18 AM

i dont see the tweet

Did Jalen quit on draft night too?

exstatic
07-29-2021, 11:18 AM
Because some people feel like his playoff performance (60+%) from 3 indicates that he's starting to turn the corner and they want to buy low on that view... I'm not saying that's wrong or right and the same size is tiny but, the last time he was on the court was positive.

Recency bias.

He’s just a horrible offensive player. He shot 36%, OVERALL, and 26% from 3 this past season.

NASpurs
07-29-2021, 11:20 AM
i dont see the tweet

I didn’t see it either. People need to be careful not to follow fake Shams/Woj accounts.

Leetonidas
07-29-2021, 11:21 AM
Hawks shopping the 20th and Cam Reddish to move up. Anyone think 12 for 20 + Reddish would be a good deal? He seems pretty injury prone, still pretty young and raw though

mo7888
07-29-2021, 11:28 AM
Recency bias.

He’s just a horrible offensive player. He shot 36%, OVERALL, and 26% from 3 this past season.

You could be right... I'm not ready to say he's a bust myself...but I'm also not willing to pay a ton to find out either..

mo7888
07-29-2021, 11:29 AM
Hawks shopping the 20th and Cam Reddish to move up. Anyone think 12 for 20 + Reddish would be a good deal? He seems pretty injury prone, still pretty young and raw though

I'd consider it...I'm not sure I'd do it yet...it would depend on who might gall to 12 and what other options are on the table...but I'd have the conversation

rjv
07-29-2021, 11:37 AM
i dont see the tweet

lol; and that's odd, it's gone now. it was his legit feed though as i've been refreshing it. woj has been silent to this point.

exstatic
07-29-2021, 11:42 AM
You could be right... I'm not ready to say he's a bust myself...but I'm also not willing to pay a ton to find out either..

He and Toppin are on such similar trajectories. They were both high ceiling, LOW floor guys, and if you pick that type high up in the lottery, they can get you fired. You want a guy with at least a medium floor. Reddish was on a couple of Likely to Bust lists that year he was drafted.

timvp
07-29-2021, 11:47 AM

Just sayin'

I specifically remember you driving the Saddiq Bey Train. I was pretty meh on him but you were right :tu

I don't see Mitchell as a short-term or long-term fit on the Spurs but I'll make a mental note of your stance . . .

spurspl
07-29-2021, 11:47 AM
i have a feeling that spurs gonna draft giddey and im not a fan of this

mo7888
07-29-2021, 11:49 AM
He and Toppin are on such similar trajectories. They were both high ceiling, LOW floor guys, and if you pick that type high up in the lottery, they can get you fired. You want a guy with at least a medium floor. Reddish was on a couple of Likely to Bust lists that year he was drafted.

That's true but two counter points- 1) We wouldn't be buying high on Reddish (at least I hope we wouldn't) and 2) if I had to bet between Reddish and Obi I'd bet of Reddish because I believe his defensive potential is higher and because his confidence level looked better post injury this season.

timvp
07-29-2021, 11:55 AM

Sharpe?

There'd be an epic meltdown if the Spurs pick Sharpe at 12 -- led by me, tbh.

So, yeah, that makes it a possibility :lol

timvp
07-29-2021, 11:58 AM
https://youtu.be/BpCJM99U54g

He already has wrinkles!! High forehead, high hair!
He’s the pick!

Tbh, I hope Dejounte can meme Duarte into reality. The "I can't believe the rebuilding Spurs took a wrinkled 24-year-old in the lottery!!!" meltdown would be entertaining. I also like him as a player, so there's that, too.

timvp
07-29-2021, 12:02 PM

Jalen Johnson at 12 would be exciting, tbh. It'd mean the Spurs think JJ is so talented that he's worth the gamble on his character.

Don't think it happens but it'd be one of the coolest outcomes.

south side spur
07-29-2021, 12:04 PM
Vegas 2021 NBA Draft Odds
1st overall bet
Cunningham-10000

2nd overall bet
Green -750

3rd overall bet
Mobley -750
Suggs +300
Barnes +1200
Kuminga +1300

Individual player bets
Bouknight U6.5 -160
Wagner U9 -135
Giddey U10.5 -240
Moody U10.5 -120
Sengun U12.5 -190
Kispert U14 -140
Mitchell O12.5 -135
Jones U15 -155
Johnson O14 -170
Duarte U15.5 -170
Garuba O16.5 -150
Williams U18.5 -125
Jackson O20.5 -145
Thomas U22.5 -170
Springer O22.5 -145
Cooper O23 -135
Dosunmu U27 -140
Mann O25.5 -190

Mr. Body
07-29-2021, 12:07 PM
Jalen Johnson at 12 would be exciting, tbh. It'd mean the Spurs think JJ is so talented that he's worth the gamble on his character.

Don't think it happens but it'd be one of the coolest outcomes.

It'd be one of the stupidest outcomes. Cool? A lazy, disinterested defender prone to slinging the basketball over players' heads and missing the rim entirely on three pointers who has quit on two different teams, including a dream college program. Cool? :lol

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 12:11 PM

Tbh, I hope Dejounte (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=51342) can meme Duarte into reality. The "I can't believe the rebuilding Spurs took a wrinkled 24-year-old in the lottery!!!" meltdown would be entertaining. I also like him as a player, so there's that, too.

People are going to be shocked when a projected “role player” will end up being a top player on a good team. Duarte will be a top 5 scorer from this draft when it’s all said and done… well, unless the team who drafts him mismanages him badly. Duarte is as complete of an offensive player as they come and even excels as a go-to player. That’s rare.

Not to mention his leadership potential. His teammates in college rally around him. From watching all these interviews, there may be some that oozes that nice guy, humble Spurs personality, but few to none exhibits the leadership Duarte seems to have.

timvp
07-29-2021, 12:13 PM
It'd be one of the stupidest outcomes. Cool? A lazy, disinterested defender prone to slinging the basketball over players' heads and missing the rim entirely on three pointers who has quit on two different teams, including a dream college program. Cool? :lol

See, picking JJ would also cause meltdowns, so it checks out on that front, too.

John B
07-29-2021, 12:14 PM
Jalen Johnson at 12 would be exciting, tbh. It'd mean the Spurs think JJ is so talented that he's worth the gamble on his character. Don't think it happens but it'd be one of the coolest outcomes.

Ditty
07-29-2021, 12:18 PM
Hawks are looking to trade Reddish and the 20th pick for a late lottery pick. I would do it if Sengun is not there.

Ditty
07-29-2021, 12:18 PM
Nevermind it was mentioned earlier :lol

Mr. Body
07-29-2021, 12:21 PM
See, picking JJ would also cause meltdowns, so it checks out on that front, too.

Cool, stigginit is always a wise idea when wasting lottery picks and millions of bucks. Good thinking.

SAGirl
07-29-2021, 12:37 PM
Can we say that if the Spurs worked out Davion Mitchell, there must be an ounce of interest at least in him?
Definitely, hes not one of my favorites bc hes small but he competes on both ends, improved his shot, etc. Could be a Kyle Lowry type of talent? That’s an all star.

I think if the Spurs worked him out there’s interest at least, I’d agree.

jjspur
07-29-2021, 12:42 PM
If he hasn't been picked already, The spurs will pick Sengun. Otherwise its Kispert. Both are decent players with no really big holes in their game. Someone will drop but I still think the spurs take Sengun or Kispert. Sorry no trades tonight, that's just the way the CIA pop & company operates.

Kurik
07-29-2021, 12:44 PM
While I like Mitchell I would prefer his teammate Butler. The Spurs could trade down and get Butler if their favorites get drafted.

Mr. Body
07-29-2021, 12:46 PM
If he hasn't been picked already, The spurs will pick Sengun. Otherwise its Kispert. Both are decent players with no really big holes in their game. Someone will drop but I still think the spurs take Sengun or Kispert. Sorry no trades tonight, that's just the way the CIA pop & company operates.

This is my thinking. The other players on my short list will already be gone. This bars any trades -- I don't expect trades up, a trade down is very possible.

rjv
07-29-2021, 12:56 PM
well now we know cade is going #1 for sure (no surprise), per woj.

Degoat
07-29-2021, 12:59 PM
Hawks are looking to trade Reddish and the 20th pick for a late lottery pick. I would do it if Sengun is not there.

I would do that trade in a heart beat if they wanted pick 12

Degoat
07-29-2021, 01:01 PM
I’ll be really surprised if the spurs take Kispert,I wouldn’t be mad but he just doesn’t strike me as a guy the spurs will take

Kurik
07-29-2021, 01:02 PM
I would do that trade in a heart beat if they wanted pick 12

Wikipedia shows Cam Reddish is an Indiana Pacer already. :downspin:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cam_Reddish

SAGirl
07-29-2021, 01:05 PM
Not going to lie, I googled this for this draft.
I don’t care about the past or anything but I am curious about the likely to busts here this year.
This guy has in rank: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/the_4_riskiest_prospects_in_the_2021_nba_draft/s1_12740_35490197
1. Kai Jones
2. Keon Johnson
3. Jalen Johnson
4. Kuminga

Do agree with Kai Jones specially the highest he goes. Interesting Ziaire is not there. Hmmm

mo7888
07-29-2021, 01:05 PM
I saw a report on hoopshype that if Beal isn't being moved tonight that GS was open to packaging 7 + 14 for a player in a smaller deal. I assume wiggins would have to be attached. 7+ 14 + wiggins for DJ or white?

Mr. Body
07-29-2021, 01:16 PM
I don’t care about the past or anything but I am curious about the likely to busts here this year.
This guy has in rank: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/the_4_riskiest_prospects_in_the_2021_nba_draft/s1_12740_35490197
1. Kai Jones
2. Keon Johnson
3. Jalen Johnson
4. Kuminga

Do agree with Kai Jones specially the highest he goes. Interesting Ziaire is not there. Hmmm

Guessing Ziaire wasn't considered a lottery pick at the time. If you go later in the draft, the 'bust' tag is less likely, as the price/cost wasn't as high.

I agree with three of those four. If any are picked in the lottery, expectations of good, productive players will be very high. Kuminga and Jalen have the talent, questions still abound. I don't think there's any chance Kai Jones is a good pro. Keon Johnson has the motor and defensive effort to at least be effective; the question is putting everything else together.

exstatic
07-29-2021, 01:42 PM
1. Kai Jones
2. Keon Johnson
3. Jalen Johnson
4. Kuminga

Kais numbers are just really terrible. His block rate is < Kelly Olynyk in college, and there are guards with better rebounding rates. It’s one thing to pick a rim runner/shot blocker like Isaiah Jackson, and try to teach him some skills, but Kai isn’t even that. He’s a non shot blocker. He also doesn’t have great skills. Everyone has highlights, but you can’t draft in the lottery based on that.

The Truth #6
07-29-2021, 01:42 PM

Sharpe?

Hopefully that’s a trade down scenario for multiple picks. I was thinking earlier about Murphy and Garuba for the 19 and 21 picks if somehow possible.

The Truth #6
07-29-2021, 01:44 PM
Sharpe??

By the way, is it a rule that UT only recruits athletic unskilled big men, and UNC only recruits skilled oafs? Seems to be a trend.

poopbox
07-29-2021, 01:47 PM

Tbh, I hope Dejounte (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=51342) can meme Duarte into reality. The "I can't believe the rebuilding Spurs took a wrinkled 24-year-old in the lottery!!!" meltdown would be entertaining. I also like him as a player, so there's that, too.

Funny thing about this is with all of our veterans players contracts up the spurs are I think the 3rd youngest team in the nba right now. Derrick at 27 is our olderst player under contract...

objective
07-29-2021, 01:50 PM
Kais numbers are just really terrible. His block rate is < Kelly Olynyk in college, and there are guards with better rebounding rates. It’s one thing to pick a rim runner/shot blocker like Isaiah Jackson, and try to teach him some skills, but Kai isn’t even that. He’s a non shot blocker. He also doesn’t have great skills. Everyone has highlights, but you can’t draft in the lottery based on that.

An older non-shotblocking, low skill, low feel guy who also has a mediocre wingspan and started fewer games as a sophomore than as a freshman?

Sounds like the Spurs getting lucky

Russ
07-29-2021, 01:57 PM

Nothing to compared to the meltdown if they somehow end up with Kai Jones.

look_at_g_shred
07-29-2021, 02:15 PM
Uh-oh

Drom John
07-29-2021, 03:02 PM
Along with Kispet, Kevin O'Connor mocked at 41:

Juhann Begarin
Guard Paris Basket
Venn Diagaram Icon Venn Diagaram Icon
Shades Of
Iman Shumpert, Lonnie Walker
Juhann Begarin Juhann Begarin
Height 6'5" Weight 192
Age 18 Year N/A

3-Point Percentage
3P% 36.4 140 3PA
Assists
AST 3.1 2.3 TOV
Steals
STL 1.4 0.5 BLK

San Antonio Spurs

Drafting Begarin would be a big swing on a point guard who accelerates like a Tesla. He needs to refine some raw areas of his game, but the Spurs’ developmental system could do him wonders.

Fast, explosive guard who can attack downhill, but at this stage is still an inefficient and inconsistent player.

Athleticismbadge
Athleticism

PLUSES

Above-the-rim finisher who can dunk in traffic. He accelerates quickly and fluidly changes directions with the ball in his hands. If his game clicks, he’ll draw a ton of fouls.

Displays good passing vision, though he needs to improve the accuracy of his passes.

Flashes lockdown ability as an on-ball defender thanks to his strong frame, 7-foot wingspan, and agility.

Impactful off-ball defender when he’s in the right position; he’s so bouncy that he’s a threat to block shots from the weak side.

MINUSES

Streaky shooter who lacks touch in the paint and from the free throw line. He has stiff mechanics shooting off the catch and needs to make changes.

Shot selection: He loves midrange jumpers even though it’s not a great shot for him.

Defensive fundamentals require improvement to complement his physical profile.

Lacks awareness defending off-ball. He makes too many mistakes, either because he’s ball-watching or just doesn’t know where to be.

DesignatedT
07-29-2021, 03:09 PM
Bouknight, Moody or Kuminga at 12.

Russ
07-29-2021, 03:10 PM
Along with Kispet, Kevin O'Connor mocked at 41:

Agreed. I had him at #41 for the Spurs in the "Second Round" thread:

Juhann Begarin might be the best value at 41 if he's there. 6'5" young (18.9 years old) combo guard from France. (Would guess Parker has weighed in with the FO on this guy.)

My bias is toward upside (at this point in the Spurs path) and this guy has it.

First, he's an absolute dog on defense and that short-circuits potential concerns in several other areas, e.g., motor, attitude, etc.

He's also both creative and efficient in creating his own offense and he can pass too.

Shooting numbers aren't great -- 456% 2-point, 342% 3-point, 613% FT. But he meets the eye test, he adjusts on the fly going to the hoop (hard to teach), has a smooth release on the jumper, and moves athletically but smoothly about the court. Chip can address the rest.

I'm kind of surprised he isn't higher on most mocks. NBADraft.net has him at 43, Tankathon 36, some don't list him at all, almost none have him in in the first round.

In short, this guy looks a lot better than most of the post-Parker French prospects the Spurs have taken over the years that seemed to be reaches even at the time. If they took those guys, why wouldn't they take this guy who doesn't look like a reach at all at 41.

ltqEIurWiTA

tQBscQFeOVI

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296778&page=3&p=10559828&viewfull=1#post10559828

Gibbz
07-29-2021, 03:15 PM
The Reddish and #20 to move into the late lottery is intriguing to me. Could then hope Kai Jones slides to #20 or take Isaiah Jackson there. Having Reddish might help in money-whipping Collins as well with a young ex-teammate.

ernest787
07-29-2021, 03:17 PM
Seems the first 6 picks have already been leaked

Mr. Body
07-29-2021, 03:22 PM

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296778&page=3&p=10559828&viewfull=1#post10559828

What are the concerns about his attitude and motor? That doesn't sound good.

TD 21
07-29-2021, 03:23 PM
If Sengun or whoever their prime target(s) are, is off the board at 12, they should look to do 12 for Reddish and 20.

Since the Lakers appear to prefer Hield to DeRozan, Kuzma and 22 is probably out. But if Kuzma goes to the Kings and they retain 9 and get Wagner, they could be more amendable to moving Barnes (and Wright for Vassell?).

They should also try to get involved in a 3 teamer with the 76ers (signed and traded Lowry, White, Vassell, protected Raptors and Spurs 1sts) and Raptors (Simmons) for the 4th pick (obviously Suggs) and Hill.

Russ
07-29-2021, 03:26 PM
What are the concerns about his attitude and motor? That doesn't sound good.

They potentially exist with any player (at least in theory) -- the point of my comment was they don't exist in his case.

Gibbz
07-29-2021, 03:28 PM
Seems the first 6 picks have already been leaked

Appears to be--

Pistons - Cade
Rockets - Green
Cavs - Mobley
Raptors - Suggs
Magic - Barnes
Thunder - Bouknight

The Truth #6
07-29-2021, 03:34 PM

Nice find. I’m sold.

Mr. Body
07-29-2021, 03:34 PM
They potentially exist with any player (at least in theory) -- the point of my comment was they don't exist in his case.

Oh, I see what you meant. Okay -- yeah, I don't know much about him but motor didn't seem to be an issue.

timvp
07-29-2021, 03:35 PM
Appears to be--

Pistons - Cade
Rockets - Green
Cavs - Mobley
Raptors - Suggs
Magic - Barnes
Thunder - Bouknight

First five make a lot of sense. IMO, Kuminga goes 6. OKC just seems too perfect of a spot for him. They don't want to win now and they want to take a big swing on future upside. Kuminga is a perfect fit in both regards -- he'll help you lose now but might be a star down the line.

Russ
07-29-2021, 03:41 PM
Appears to be--

Pistons - Cade
Rockets - Green
Cavs - Mobley
Raptors - Suggs
Magic - Barnes
Thunder - Bouknight

Bouknight was the one high-end guy I thought might have a slim reed of a chance of falling to the Spurs . . .

Russ
07-29-2021, 03:45 PM
Kuminga is a perfect fit in both regards -- he'll help you lose now but might be a star down the line.

I'm overly partial to athleticism, to potential (the so-called "fanboy" bias :lol), but I draw the line at dogs. Kuminga seems like dog to me.

spurspl
07-29-2021, 03:47 PM
First five make a lot of sense. IMO, Kuminga goes 6. OKC just seems too perfect of a spot for him. They don't want to win now and they want to take a big swing on future upside. Kuminga is a perfect fit in both regards -- he'll help you lose now but might be a star down the line.

wonder what about mobley to cavs? imo they have to take him with 3rd pick but they traded for jarrett allen for a reason.

Mr. Body
07-29-2021, 03:58 PM
Rumors are Giddey to OKC, which I can see over Bouknight or Kuminga.

Degoat
07-29-2021, 04:05 PM
Not a done deal yet but Woj said it’s closer to Kuzma going to the kings

Mr. Body
07-29-2021, 04:08 PM

Gibbz
07-29-2021, 04:11 PM
Hield to LAL for Harrell and Kuzma.

Prime BEEF
07-29-2021, 04:12 PM
Boo. Was holding out a tiny bit of hope that he’d fall to 12

Gibbz
07-29-2021, 04:13 PM
Assuming we stay at #12 I'm thinking it's gonna be Kispert.

rjv
07-29-2021, 04:14 PM
shamet to phoenix, for the 29th pick, per woj.

TheGreatYacht
07-29-2021, 04:14 PM
If they draft Kispert :lmao

TD 21
07-29-2021, 04:17 PM
That probably clinches Markkanen to Spurs (which was probably always the most likely outcome anyway). Depending on how far down the road they are on that, that could also make Kispert less likely potentially.

I made the devil's advocate case for Kispert months ago, but if they really want that, just sign McDermott.

Sounds like Westbrook could be traded to the Lakers next . . .

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 04:18 PM
That probably clinches Markkanen to Spurs (which was probably always the most likely outcome anyway). Depending on how far down the road they are on that, that could also make Kispert less likely potentially.

I made the devil's advocate case for Kispert months ago, but if they really want that, just sign McDermott.

what clinches it? Ive been working

TD 21
07-29-2021, 04:20 PM

Kuzma to the Kings . . . but now Charania is saying Westbrook for Kuzma, Harrell, Caldwell-Pope and possibly 22 instead.

Kindergarten Cop
07-29-2021, 04:21 PM

Mr. Body

The Spurs Talk bizarro fantasy that the Spurs would be targeting the Finn.

KobesAchilles
Sengun or bust

SAGirl
07-29-2021, 04:26 PM

If Westbrook goes, So will Beal. There's a deal getting worked out for him as well I suspect, maybe to GSW, maybe to the Grizzlies? Even 76ers? We shall see.

timvp
07-29-2021, 04:27 PM
Woj vs. Shams? Things already getting interesting.

I think the Woj trade makes more sense. Not even the Lakers could think their spacing can survive a rapidly aging Westbrook, could they?

rjv
07-29-2021, 04:29 PM
looks like the wiz will get kuzma and lakers are landing westbrook. harrell, pope and a pick also going to the wizards.

timvp
07-29-2021, 04:29 PM
Damn, looks like the Lakers are doing the Westbrook trade and including a first rounder :lmao

SAGirl
07-29-2021, 04:31 PM
Damn, looks like the Lakers are doing the Westbrook trade and including a first rounder :lmao
Meanwhile Demar left hanging.

Joseph Kony
07-29-2021, 04:31 PM
Can't wait to watch Westchuck waive off AD and LeBron in the waning seconds of a game to take a contested 3 :lmao

rjv
07-29-2021, 04:34 PM
shams beat woj :wow

John B
07-29-2021, 04:35 PM

I swear if Demar walks with all these deals happening, I’m switching team. PATFO has been BAADD!!

RC_Drunkford
07-29-2021, 04:36 PM
Westbrook to the Lakers is too good of a scenario. He will never win a ring, so the Lakers won’t either and offloading his contract will be even more difficult afterwards. Man I really want this to happen :lmao

John B
ESPN is announcing the deal

Russ

The Lakers have a first rounder? 2045?

TD 21
07-29-2021, 04:37 PM
From the Spurs perspective, Kuzma should be more gettable as a Wizard than he'd have been as a King. The former is clearly entering a re-build and already has Hachimura and Avdija (we'll see what happens with 15 and 22). Walker IV and Samanic might get it done.

Meanwhile Demar left hanging.

He was always more than likely a last resort for the Lakers. I seriously doubt he's anyone's first or even second priority.

Hard to find a workable trade with the Clippers (Beverely, to be rerouted, Kennard and 25, isn't going to get it done).

John B
07-29-2021, 04:37 PM
The Lakers are near a deal to acquire Washington's Russell Westbrook for Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and a 2021 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fwojnarowski_adria n.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Adrian Wojnarowski, Senior NBA Insider6m ago

spurspl
07-29-2021, 04:40 PM
sooo beal to the warriors??

Russ
07-29-2021, 04:40 PM
The Lakers may have three first-ballot Hall of Famers, none of whom can hit the last shot.

BatManu20
07-29-2021, 04:42 PM
shams beat woj :wow

Shams > Woj for a while now tbh.

rjv
07-29-2021, 04:55 PM
cavs getting rubio from wolves for a 2022 2nd round pick, cash and taurean prince-per woj.

timvp
07-29-2021, 04:59 PM
cavs getting rubio from wolves for a 2022 2nd round pick, cash and taurean prince-per woj.

Rubio looked like a great mentor for Anthony Edwards. I guess Timberwolves gonna Timberwolf.

TheGreatYacht
07-29-2021, 04:59 PM
No, Wolves are getting Taurean Prince for Rubio, 2022 2nd rnd pick, and cash.

slick'81
07-29-2021, 05:05 PM
Demar salivating at the mle to join the new super team in la:lol

so unless some team is willing to overpay demar its mle or we're stuck with him :bang

PhantomDashCam
07-29-2021, 05:08 PM
https://youtu.be/ClxjzehWDwg

timvp
07-29-2021, 05:09 PM
Demar salivating at the mle to join the new super team in la:lol

so unless some team is willing to overpay demar its mle or werecstuck with him :bang

I'd love for the Lakers to have a starting lineup of Westbrook, DeRozan, Scrub, LeBron and AD. The unintended comedy would be off the charts, tbh :lol

Kurgan
07-29-2021, 05:10 PM
Westbrook on the Lakers ain't a great fit but it checks two boxes:

1. Keeps Lebron happy with a big name(even if he's a low iq statpadder)
2. Westbrook's inefficient, poor man's Lebron routine in the regular season will give James and his ancient legs the rest he needs for another post-season run

bluebellmaniac
07-29-2021, 05:10 PM
2 Hours until the Draft!

RC_Drunkford
07-29-2021, 05:12 PM
So the Jazz are Shopping the 30th pick to shed salary. Spurs should get in on this too

R. DeMurre
07-29-2021, 05:12 PM
shamet to phoenix, for the 29th pick, per woj.

Good move for Phoenix.

Seventyniner
07-29-2021, 05:13 PM
So the Jazz are Shopping the 30th pick to shed salary. Spurs should get in on this too

Definitely.

objective
07-29-2021, 05:18 PM
My final pre-draft thoughts

for 12, which is a weak spot to be in for this draft, I'm factoring in 3 key elements:

1. Outlier skill/tools: Will the player be near the top percentile of something that will make them a useful weapon, above replacement level despite other flaws?
2. Entertainment Factor: If the Spurs are not going to be contenders, they can at least be fun to watch. Can the player qualify for minutes while bringing fun to the game? Even in 09-11 when the Spurs weren't real contenders, Manu by himself was fun to watch (and of course Tony and Tim, but I'm featuring off the bench play).
3. Potential Elite Scoring Upside: Nobody at 12 should be expected to be a 25 point scorer eventually. But the Spurs will have problems scoring, and IF there's a player who IF everything works out, could he be that primary/secondary bucket-getter?

Taking all that into consideration, my hopes at 12 (assuming Kuminga is off)

1. Sengun. Hits all 3 factors. Mostly 1, some 2, little 3. Very few in the NBA will have his kind of post scoring skills, he should be at a 2014 Diaw on offense with his passing and posting and could be a lot more. Watching him tool up guys and hit dumb passes is fun. And small chance he can score like Sabonis when he cuts more and adds muscle.

2. Giddey. Mostly 2, some 1. I don't think he'll ever be a big scorer. Don't care for much of his defense. Very upright. But I want some Manu-style passes off the bench.

3. Ziaire. 3. It's not likely at all, but I think there's a chance he could be a big scorer, I like his scoring potential.

These are the guys that I think could be there, and could have an avenue to playing time. Keon Johnson could be fun to watch, but if he never plays with the Spurs crowded smalls, then it won't matter.

Garuba can play defense, but no scoring, not particularly entertaining for me with the lack of vertical pop. Buyout brings it's own stupid issues that I don't trust the Spurs front office to handle well.

Jalen Johnson I did not watch enough to truly rule out.

Wagner is going to be a very good glue guy. I don't care, lol. Won't score big, not particularly fun, not really going to be an outlier.

Same with Moody, though he might have more scoring potential, good luck finding playing time at 6-6.

Kai Jones I doubt has the basic skill level to ever see the court.

Duarte probably won't get much playing time either without a trade.

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 05:18 PM
I will lol if the Wizards go from Westbrook to DeMar. Like wtf is the point

slick'81
07-29-2021, 05:19 PM

for 12, which is a weak spot to be in for this draft, I'm factoring in 3 key elements:

1. Outlier skill/tools: Will the player be near the top percentile of something that will make them a useful weapon, above replacement level despite other flaws?
2. Entertainment Factor: If the Spurs are not going to be contenders, they can at least be fun to watch. Can the player qualify for minutes while bringing fun to the game? Even in 09-11 when the Spurs weren't real contenders, Manu by himself was fun to watch (and of course Tony and Tim, but I'm featuring off the bench play).
3. Potential Elite Scoring Upside: Nobody at 12 should be expected to be a 25 point scorer eventually. But the Spurs will have problems scoring, and IF there's a player who IF everything works out, could he be that primary/secondary bucket-getter?

1. Sengun. Hits all 3 factors. Mostly 1, some 2, little 3. Very few in the NBA will have his kind of post scoring skills, he should be at a 2014 Diaw on offense with his passing and posting and could be a lot more. Watching him tool up guys and hit dumb passes is fun. And small chance he can score like Sabonis when he cuts more and adds muscle.

2. Giddey. Mostly 2, some 1. I don't think he'll ever be a big scorer. Don't care for much of his defense. Very upright. But I want some Manu-style passes off the bench.

3. Ziaire. 3. It's not likely at all, but I think there's a chance he could be a big scorer, I like his scoring potential.

These are the guys that I think could be there, and could have an avenue to playing time. Keon Johnson could be fun to watch, but if he never plays with the Spurs crowded smalls, then it won't matter.

Garuba can play defense, but no scoring, not particularly entertaining for me with the lack of vertical pop. Buyout brings it's own stupid issues that I don't trust the Spurs front office to handle well.

Wagner is going to be a very good glue guy. I don't care, lol. Won't score big, not particularly fun, not really going to be an outlier.

Same with Moody, though he might have more scoring potential, good luck finding playing time at 6-6.

I wonder how a duarte or moody fit with lonnie,white,murray,vassel,and possibly demar/mills in tow?

timvp
07-29-2021, 05:19 PM
https://youtu.be/ClxjzehWDwg

Down to the earth Duarte hablando con el conductor de autobus :tu

Bouknight and Moody dressing like Spurs picks. Sparkles ... not so much.

Twisted_Dawg
07-29-2021, 05:20 PM

Man, where you been all these years? The Spurs are too cheap ass to buy a 2nd round pick, much less a 1st.

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 05:21 PM
I wonder how a duarte or moody fit with lonnie,white,murray,cassel and possibly demar/mills in tow

I think Duarte can play SF. Or push Vassell up even though he lacks size.

if Peja can play SF, guys a little shorter than him can too. Depends on the team make up. I could see it work if the Spurs want to run a lights out shooting offense.

mo7888
07-29-2021, 05:22 PM

Who are they offering? Wouldn't really want favors....

objective
07-29-2021, 05:22 PM
I wonder how a duarte or moody fit with lonnie,white,murray,vassel,and possibly demar/mills in tow?

They fit the same way White and Vassel fit their rookie years: They're not going to play without injury.

BUT without Gay and with DeMar gone, I do think there's more time at 4 and some big 3. Giddey's role at 6-8 I think gets him more time as a rookie than Duarte or Moody.

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 05:23 PM
Is Sengun’s translator going to be with him all the time for a long time??

slick'81
07-29-2021, 05:24 PM
They fit the same way White and Vassel fit their rookie years: They're not going to play without injury.

BUT without Gay and with DeMar gone, I do think there's more time at 4 and some big 3. Giddey's role at 6-8 I think gets him more time as a rookie than Duarte or Moody.

thats what i mean. Id prefer not to have a logjam so these young guys can play ,and grow. If mills and demar leave its much clearer to be sure. Not sure what direction spurs are going in yet

timvp
07-29-2021, 05:25 PM

Good stuff. No big disagreements from me. Sengun and Giddey would be a lot of fun. I have questions about both but the entertainment value of watching their early career would be high.

Mr. Body
07-29-2021, 05:26 PM
I think Duarte can play SF. Or push Vassell up even though he lacks size.

if Peja can play SF, guys a little shorter than him can too. Depends on the team make up. I could see it work if the Spurs want to run a lights out shooting offense.

I'm not sure about this. Duarte seems more like a combo guard and someone who needs to be more active with the ball to produce. Moody seems more like a wing, same as Vassell.

Kurgan
07-29-2021, 05:33 PM
Big no on Duarte at 12 - don't see the point in drafting somebody that's going to be 25 after they're done "getting over themselves" in Austin.

pad300
07-29-2021, 05:37 PM
Is Sengun’s translator going to be with him all the time for a long time??

Blatant Speculation Warning

Pretty young lady. Ya wonder if Sengun's got his girl a job? Probably on the side (ie not out of his salary).

Mr. Body
07-29-2021, 05:40 PM
Locking in my expectation. I'll sign off soon in order to avoid spoilers:

1. Not seeing what they want at #12, the Spurs will trade down.
2. We will never really know who the Spurs were targeting.
3. There might be a team or two diving up from the near-lottery, but it won't be for players we had on our board.
4. Giddey and Sengun will both go top 10. But again look at #2.

Outside chance of a Kispert-like pick, Ziaire Williams, or an unexpected Josh Christopher-type. My dark horse has always been Keon Johnson and I might as well stick with that.

exstatic
07-29-2021, 05:43 PM
The Reddish and #20 to move into the late lottery is intriguing to me. Could then hope Kai Jones slides to #20 or take Isaiah Jackson there. Having Reddish might help in money-whipping Collins as well with a young ex-teammate.

If they get rid of Reddish, that’s one less player to pay in the next few years, and they’ll for sure match Collins.

If we are willing to ship assets to ATL, send them for Collins. Tell them we can work out a deal, or you’re matching a MAX contract.

Russ
07-29-2021, 05:45 PM
My dark horse has always been Keon Johnson and I might as well stick with that.

I could see Keon Johnson.

Not exactly hoping for that, but I could see it.

mo7888
07-29-2021, 05:52 PM
Brooklyn has quietly amassed several picks tonight from the late 1st to early 2nd...

LCM
07-29-2021, 05:53 PM
If they get rid of Reddish, that’s one less player to pay in the next few years, and they’ll for sure match Collins.

If we are willing to ship assets to ATL, send them for Collins. Tell them we can work out a deal, or you’re matching a MAX contract.

Exactly! Not sending anything to Hawks unless Collins is coming in return.

Robz4000
07-29-2021, 05:53 PM
Brooklyn has quietly amassed several picks tonight from the late 1st to early 2nd...

Sean Marks putting in work.

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 05:54 PM
Does anyone have a live trade tracker? Too many transactions are happening, I cant keep up lmao

mo7888
07-29-2021, 05:55 PM
Sean Marks putting in work.

Yep... I wonder if ots a play to get rookies they can develop for the future or if they are accumulating them to package in a trade, either up in the draft or for a player.

RC_Drunkford
07-29-2021, 05:59 PM
Man, where you been all these years? The Spurs are too cheap ass to buy a 2nd round pick, much less a 1st.

I said they should get in on this, not that they will. I totally expect them to do nothing

rjv
07-29-2021, 06:00 PM
Does anyone have a live trade tracker? Too many transactions are happening, I cant keep up lmao

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/transactions/trade/

Robz4000
07-29-2021, 06:01 PM
Yep... I wonder if ots a play to get rookies they can develop for the future or if they are accumulating them to package in a trade, either up in the draft or for a player.

They'd be retarded to go out and try to get another big name. They need role players that can fit around Dominos/Harden/Irving, though I suppose they could package them along with Kyrie for something like Turner/Brogdon.

objective
07-29-2021, 06:05 PM
Now that the Lakers-Kings trade is dead, the Spurs should take advantage of the Kings need to drop salary in order to try and keep Holmes

Delon Wright + 9 + 39

for

#12 (maybe throw in 41)

Anyone who has a source with the organization, text this idea over now so that Brian Wright can get it and be illuminated.

mo7888
07-29-2021, 06:05 PM
They'd be retarded to go out and try to get another big name. They need role players that can fit around Dominos/Harden/Irving, though I suppose they could package them along with Kyrie for something like Turner/Brogdon.

Yea, I don't think those picks get them a star by any means but, they might get them a role player or two if they want that.

pad300
07-29-2021, 06:11 PM
NBAdraft.net's mockdraft ( https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/?year-mock=2021 ) absolutely sucks for 99% of the year. ( I think they do it deliberately for click bait.) Then they put out a late (hours or less before the draft) update which is usually halfway accurate. The current state of their mock:

1 *Detroit Cade Cunningham PG/SG
2 *Houston Jalen Green SG
3 Cleveland Evan Mobley PF/C
4 *Toronto Jalen Suggs PG
5 Orlando Scottie Barnes SF/PF
6 *Oklahoma Cty James Bouknight SG
7 Golden St. Jonathan Kuminga SF/PF
8 *Orlando Moses Moody SG
9 Sacramento Franz Wagner SF/PF
10 *Memphis Josh Giddey PG
11 Charlotte Kai Jones C
12 San Antonio Alperen Sengun PF/C
13 Indiana Corey Kispert SG/SF
14 *Golden St. Davion Mitchell PG

objective
07-29-2021, 06:11 PM
Alternate Broadcasts:

Locked on Network featuring Chad Ford

live stream (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfZFA1FRCP0)

Stadium live draft coverage, featuring Shams

Thomas82
07-29-2021, 06:14 PM
NBAdraft.net's mockdraft ( https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/?year-mock=2021 ) absolutely sucks for 99% of the year. ( I think they do it deliberately for click bait.) Then they put out a late (hours or less before the draft) update which is usually halfway accurate. The current state of their mock:

1 *Detroit Cade Cunningham PG/SG
2 *Houston Jalen Green SG
3 Cleveland Evan Mobley PF/C
4 *Toronto Jalen Suggs PG
5 Orlando Scottie Barnes SF/PF
6 *Oklahoma Cty James Bouknight SG
7 Golden St. Jonathan Kuminga SF/PF
8 *Orlando Moses Moody SG
9 Sacramento Franz Wagner SF/PF
10 *Memphis Josh Giddey PG
11 Charlotte Kai Jones C
12 San Antonio Alperen Sengun PF/C
13 Indiana Corey Kispert SG/SF
14 *Golden St. Davion Mitchell PG

It's hard to believe that Charlotte would pass on Seguin if he's still available.

slick'81
07-29-2021, 06:16 PM
It's hard to believe that Charlotte would pass on Seguin if he's still available.

yea almost every mock has him going right before sa. That coin flip might really cost the spurs

mo7888
07-29-2021, 06:17 PM
Charlotte just got their C... Plumlee from Detroit...that changes things at 11

rjv
07-29-2021, 06:17 PM
pistons sending mason plumlee and #37 to charlotte for #57

TD 21
07-29-2021, 06:18 PM
With Beal apparently still committed (for now), they need win now help and a PG (Mitchell?). If Sengun gets to 12, 13 and 14 seem unlikely landing spots (barring a trade), in which case 12 for 15 and 22 could make sense (Spurs might have to add a minor asset).

rjv
07-29-2021, 06:19 PM

hadn't thought about that. good point.

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 06:21 PM
Plumlee is a starting caliber C?

Seventyniner
07-29-2021, 06:22 PM

Not really. I don't think having Plumlee will affect CHA's willingness to pick Sengun.

objective
07-29-2021, 06:23 PM

I don't know, they might feel more comfortable taking a Sengun now that they have a placeholder while he learns English. Or while Kai Jones learns basketball.

I do wonder if this makes Sacramento more confident in re-signing Richaun Holmes, Charlotte seemed like the big suitor.

timvp
07-29-2021, 06:26 PM

Yeah, pretty much.

So Charlotte going perimeter player at 11, most likely. Kispert makes a lot of sense for a Jordan led team, tbh.

timvp
07-29-2021, 06:27 PM
Alternate Broadcasts:

Locked on Network featuring Chad Ford

live stream (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfZFA1FRCP0)

Stadium live draft coverage, featuring Shams

Chad Ford has pretty strong this cycle, tbh :tu

slick'81
07-29-2021, 06:28 PM
Not really. I don't think having Plumlee will affect CHA's willingness to pick Sengun.

It most definitely will not

Leetonidas
07-29-2021, 06:28 PM
What is Jordan's fascination with white American players:lol

Mr. Body
07-29-2021, 06:29 PM

Yes.

slick'81
07-29-2021, 06:32 PM
Plumlee is making that poodle money and has two years left on his deal

south side spur
07-29-2021, 06:34 PM
Taylor Rooks on NBATV :drool:

slick'81
07-29-2021, 06:35 PM
Time to roll up a fatty for this pimp daddy!

BatManu20
07-29-2021, 06:36 PM
Draft starts in 30 min. Garuba is going to be the pick.

timvp
Look at mock drafts for #12:

ESPN: Moses Moody
The Athletic: Corey Kispert
Chad Ford: Trey Murphy III
CBS: Alberto Seguin
The Ringer: Corey Kispert
B/R: Kai Jones

slick'81
Draft starts in 30 min. Garuba is going to be the pick.

Will that make you happy bat manu?

PhantomDashCam
07-29-2021, 06:37 PM

https://twitter.com/LonghornNetwork/status/1364436842829942792?s=20

Degoat
07-29-2021, 06:38 PM
I’m hoping for Jalen Johnson or Josh Giddey

I'm expecting Alperen Sengun or Kai Jones
honestly I’ll be happy regardless of who we take! Cheers gents :bobo

timvp
07-29-2021, 06:41 PM
honestly I’ll be happy regardless of who we take!

Bruh, if they take Sharpe, no one is happy :lol

pad300
07-29-2021, 06:41 PM

It wouldn't impact my choice, but Charlotte? But Jordan doesn't (generally) draft internationals...

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 06:43 PM
Rachel Nichols looks like she aged 50 years

ace3g
07-29-2021, 06:44 PM
So do we need to start a spoiler thread as well?

gospursgojas
07-29-2021, 06:45 PM
So do we need to start a spoiler thread as well?

Yes please. No spoilers in this one.

The Truth #6
07-29-2021, 06:46 PM
https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-2021-nba-draft-decoded?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=copy

Interesting take on how to draft from Matt Taibbi, a political writer from Rolling Stone.

slick'81
07-29-2021, 06:47 PM
Ill try and stay positive . Even a kispert or duarte can help this team

tonight...you
07-29-2021, 06:49 PM
Bruh, if they take Sharpe, no one is happy :lol
If they take Sharpe, I will take something Sharpe to myself.

Dejounte
Keon Johnson wearing heels or what??

Robz4000
Looking forward to the ST meltdown tonight :toast

gospursgojas
07-29-2021, 06:50 PM
ESPN is forever trying to create their own Inside the NBA. Kendrick is their failed attempt at Chuck. Please get him off TV already.

tonight...you
07-29-2021, 06:50 PM
https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-2021-nba-draft-decoded?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=copy

Interesting take on how to draft from Matt Taibbi, a political writer from Rolling Stone.
I know someone exceedingly close that has ghost-written for him.

slick'81
07-29-2021, 06:51 PM
T minus 10 minutes

slick'81
ESPN is forever trying to create their own Inside the NBA. Kendrick is their failed attempt at Chuck. Please get him off TV already.

I hated him as a player. Glad ive never once listened to his commentary

Dejounte
Imagine all the auto correct Spurs fans have to do if the Spurs draft Keon Johnson....

Dejounte
07-29-2021, 06:53 PM
They're doing a fucking runway :lmao:lmao

Are these NBA players or supermodels?

gospursgojas
07-29-2021, 06:54 PM
Bouknight looks like a guy that’s been to jail

Mugen
07-29-2021, 06:55 PM
Damn, I'm really too old for this show now :lol

slick'81
07-29-2021, 06:56 PM
Bouknight looks like a guy that’s been to jail

dbestpro
07-29-2021, 06:58 PM
I don't really expect a Spurstalk meltdown cause we have learned recently to have low expectations.

slick'81
07-29-2021, 06:59 PM
I don't really expect a Spurstalk meltdown cause we have learned recently to have low expectations.

I had high hopes spurs can get a player here. I just hate sitting at 12 hoping someone falls

Leetonidas
The fuck did I just watch:lol

R. DeMurre
Franz Wagner has some loooong legs

rastaspur
07-29-2021, 07:00 PM
Zaire William's dad thinks they're at the players ball. Lol. Wanna be pimp.

Ron Swanson
07-29-2021, 07:01 PM
Nosferatu is ready to get this started.

ace3g

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7gKKL1UcAAFy27?format=jpg&name=large

slick'81
Im baked lets fckn goooooo:toast

Robz4000

ESPN had a good thing going then Disney came in and ruined it tbh.

mo7888
07-29-2021, 07:02 PM

Didn't notice...I was watching his mom....

duncan2150
07-29-2021, 07:02 PM
https://twitter.com/sergenkumas/status/1420890127283408902?s=19

slick'81
07-29-2021, 07:03 PM
https://twitter.com/sergenkumas/status/1420890127283408902?s=19

Fuck you orlando

rastaspur
07-29-2021, 07:03 PM
Didn't notice...I was watching his mom....

She's Decent looking. Nice bod. I'll retract the wannabe. Dat mofo is a pimp.

Manu&Duncan fan
07-29-2021, 07:04 PM
https://twitter.com/LonghornNetwork/status/1364436842829942792?s=20

This! Also Your 6-11 forward don't have a GPA of 4.2 like Kai did.

dokdok
07-29-2021, 07:04 PM
Here we go. I expect nothing by the Spurs and hopefully we pick up someone good

timvp
07-29-2021, 07:05 PM
Not many Spurs tidbits this season. They were smokescreening a lot last season but this year it's back to silence.

-An international scout who a certain person in the Spurs front office goes to for opinions was asked a lot of questions regarding Giddey. But supposedly the questions weren't positive in nature. For example, he was asked to give his reasoning why Giddey isn't the next Zarko Paspalj. For those who don't know, Paspalj was a Euro prospect handpicked by Pop who was a 6-foot-9 perimeter player that was ultra skilled but turned out to just be too poor of an athlete to stick in the NBA.

-Same international scout wasn't asked at all about Sengun. That's not necessarily a negative but a little bit odd. When I asked him about Sengun, he was mostly positive about him but worries that his Turkey numbers were juiced because the team he's on is broke so they wanted to ensure they cash in on his contract buyout.

-A scout who is employed by an agent says he's 100% convinced Quentin Grimes would be taken at 41 if he's still on the board. He expects him to be gone by then but they see the Spurs as his safety net. Grimes' agent is Drew Eubanks' agent ... so there's a little bit of a connection there.

-Similar talk of the Spurs being the safety net for Ayo Dosunmu and Josh Primo -- but, as far as I can tell, that's more speculative in nature.

-Don't be surprised if their main second round targets are gone that the Spurs take AJ Lawson at 41 if he and his agent agree to sign a two-way deal. If he says no, the next target would be Aaron Wiggins.

Unfortunately, that's all I got. Last year, there were some names I knew weren't in the mix ... but this year I don't even know that.

RC_Drunkford
07-29-2021, 07:05 PM

according to Pop he's better than Bam Adebayo :lol

Degoat
07-29-2021, 07:07 PM
Not many Spurs tidbits this season. They were smokescreening a lot last season but this year it's back to silence.

-An international scout who a certain person in the Spurs front office goes to for opinions was asked a lot of questions regarding Giddey. But supposedly the questions weren't positive in nature. For example, he was asked to give his reasoning why Giddey isn't the next Zarko Paspalj. For those who don't know, Paspalj was a Euro prospect handpicked by Pop who was a 6-foot-9 perimeter player that was ultra skilled but turned out to just be too poor of an athlete to stick in the NBA.

-Same international scout wasn't asked at all about Sengun. That's not necessarily a negative but a little bit odd. When I asked him about Sengun, he was mostly positive about him but worries that his Turkey numbers were juiced because the team he's on is broke so they wanted to ensure they cash in on his contract buyout.

-A scout who is employed by an agent says he's 100% convinced Quentin Grimes would be taken at 41 if he's still on the board. He expects him to be gone by then but they see the Spurs as his safety net. Grimes' agent is Drew Eubanks' agent ... so there's a little bit of a connection there.

-Similar talk of the Spurs being the safety net for Ayo Dosunmu and Josh Primo -- but, as far as I can tell, that's more speculative in nature.

-Don't be surprised if their main second round targets are gone that the Spurs take AJ Lawson at 41 if he and his agent agree to sign a two-way deal. If he says no, the next target would be Aaron Wiggins.

Unfortunately, that's all I got. Last year, there were some names I knew weren't in the mix ... but this year I don't even know that.

I really like Josh Primo, he would be an amazing 2nd round get imo

slick'81
07-29-2021, 07:07 PM
I dont know why im nervous. Hope spurs find something here

SpurPadre
07-29-2021, 07:08 PM
Whatever happens guys, we're going to get better. Trust the process!

Degoat
I could be wrong but I think it’s pretty obvious Sengun is the spurs target, it’ll be interesting what they’re next guy is if he’s taken before their pick

slick'81
Whatever happens guys, we're going to get better. Trust the process!

In spur padre we trust