PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Lakers about to trade for Westbrook?

Michael Jordan.
07-29-2021, 04:15 PM

Michael Jordan.
07-29-2021, 04:17 PM

Michael Jordan.
07-29-2021, 04:24 PM

Michael Jordan.
07-29-2021, 04:26 PM

Rummpd
07-29-2021, 04:41 PM
Not sure to believe this but despite faults would be a plus for Fakers

Michael Jordan.
07-29-2021, 04:45 PM
Not sure to believe this but despite faults would be a plus for Fakers
No it would not. Russ has injury issues too.

Rummpd
07-29-2021, 04:47 PM
No it would not. Russ has injury issues too.

Yes and he is ball dominant but better than what giving up

Robz4000
07-29-2021, 05:04 PM
:lmao Lakers

Robz4000
07-29-2021, 05:05 PM
Yes and he is ball dominant but better than what giving up

Westchimp is subtraction by addition.

InRareForm
07-29-2021, 05:07 PM
This is good for Lakers in regular season, gives lebron ability to Rest up and be healthy for playoffs.

X's and o's I don't know if it's good for the playoffs though. Need 3 point shooting

illusioNtEk
07-29-2021, 05:09 PM
LeBron won't need extra rest this season

baseline bum
07-29-2021, 05:18 PM
Weird, I don't see the fit, not after he was such a disaster in Houston and now he'll have two stars next to him who need to constantly have the ball in their hands. Maybe if this was UCLA Westbrook who was a defensive monster, but statpadder Westbrook? Better than trading for DePression I guess.

johnnymoore
07-29-2021, 05:31 PM
I don't see this one - Lakers need a shooter - unless there is more to come.

Neo.
07-29-2021, 05:35 PM
Weird, I don't see the fit, not after he was such a disaster in Houston and now he'll have two stars next to him who need to constantly have the ball in their hands. Maybe if this was UCLA Westbrook who was a defensive monster, but statpadder Westbrook? Better than trading for DePression I guess.

i actually think it could work, only because i think westbrook will actually listen to and respect lebron

if hes willing to work a little more off the ball, give more effort defensively, and help keep the offense running well while lebron is on the bench, it could work incredibly well actually. they just need another shooter or so

their biggest issue wasnt shooting, but creation when lebron was out of the game, or taking a possession off here and there. this should solve that.

Neo.
07-29-2021, 05:39 PM
if they find a way to get hield also... they would be real tough

Chris Fall
Will help in the regular season, so Russ can carry the team to wins when either or both LeBron and AD are injured or need to be rested. But come playoffs, they might as well deactivate Russ.

koriwhat
i actually think it could work, only because i think westbrook will actually listen to and respect lebron

Well you beat me to it. :tu

ducks
07-29-2021, 05:58 PM
Westbrook should play 25 minutes
More off the bench play more d
James will not have to create as much

Rummpd
07-29-2021, 06:15 PM
Mixed reaction at the “experts” weighing in on LG and they think done deal

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=191445&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

Thread
07-29-2021, 06:18 PM
His opportunity for salvation is at hand. (the boy) is gone. Only (the man) remains.

Prayin' with all me might he'll be like "J.B. Books" -The Shootist- you know: load all the chambers, heel up, pop the cork on the laudanum...

..."You'll scream till you lose consciousness. Nothing will touch it." - "Doc Hostetler"...

...drain and drop the bottle, toss the cork upon his unfinished tombstone, kiss Bogart's widow goodbye and take the trolley car to that saloon. Beverley is waitin' on him there---all his enemies are down there, don't you know...& get himself straightened out, like Artest in '10. One doesn't want to end up like Carmelo, eh, children?

Christ-a-might, thank God that old man didn't end up in our final recollection of him tooling around in that fucking Pontiac with that God forsaken Firebird decal stretched out all over the damn hood, huh?...-McQ-

- "I won't be wronged."
- "J.B. Books" - "The Shootist"

LkrFan
07-29-2021, 06:27 PM

This won't be the only move. Patience mi amigo :tu

Michael Jordan.
07-29-2021, 06:29 PM
This won't be the only move. Patience mi amigo :tu
It’s a bad move Bruh. Moreso in the playoffs.

LkrFan
07-29-2021, 06:29 PM
if they find a way to get hield also... they would be real tough

This. Notice the deal isn't final yet. Bucks screwed the pooch with Bog, lost him, then locked into a title.

We'll know more on Aug 2nd.

LkrFan
07-29-2021, 06:30 PM

If this is the only move? Yep. But Pelinka ain't done son.

Rummpd
07-29-2021, 06:33 PM
If this is the only move? Yep. But Pelinka ain't done son.

Fakers get Brick they are probably at the max. I live near DC and he did put up historical numbers but his defense was shoddy. I do think he improves Fakers though overall

LkrFan
07-29-2021, 06:34 PM
Another penetrating player not named Bron
Will team with AD while Bron rests
Will post small guards up
Will rebound and ignite the break
Can facilitate when Bron sits
Bron plays more off ball and on the block
Russ allows Bron to rest more

As a 3rd option too? I'll take it.

Now we just need shooters. More to follow farmers.

LkrFan
07-29-2021, 06:36 PM
Fakers get Brick they are probably at the max. I live near DC and he did put up historical numbers but his defense was shoddy. I do think he improves Fakers though overall

Agreed. Vogel is 1999 CIA Pop defensively. AD missed 2 months and they were still top 3 defensively. Vogel's scheme will hide him. Not worried here :lol

LkrFan
07-29-2021, 06:38 PM
I think of him as an upgrade to Schröder. Speaking of which, he gone in a S&T. For who? Not sure, but I hope for Buddy (who Luke doesn't like).

Robz4000
07-29-2021, 06:42 PM
:lol LkrFan said the same thing(s) about Harrell and Schroeder last year and now they aren't on the team anymore. This is inevitably gonna blow up in their faces, again.

LkrFan
07-29-2021, 06:45 PM
:lol LkrFan said the same thing(s) about Harrell and Schroeder last year and now they aren't on the team anymore. This is inevitably gonna blow up in their faces, again.

:cry

LkrFan
07-29-2021, 06:49 PM
https://twitter.com/Sedano/status/1420871631329583104?s=19
Interesting

MultiTroll
07-29-2021, 06:50 PM
How does Washington benefit from this?

Or nothing to see here, another Laker scam?

Robz4000
07-29-2021, 06:59 PM

They get out of Westbrick's awful contract and get a first round pick to boot.

Isitjustme?
07-29-2021, 07:20 PM
I love Westbrook but this is a disaster floor spacing wise lmao. Especially since AD does not want to play center. Maybe, if he plays like he did in Houston there is some chance it could work but I doubt it.

MultiTroll
07-29-2021, 07:23 PM
Mediocrity continued.

What a retard idea to sign Westbrook.
Some of this shit must be all worked out (colluded) between the billionaire owners.
FFS.

Robz4000
07-29-2021, 07:25 PM
Mediocrity continued.

Some of this shit must be all worked out (colluded) between the billionaire owners.
FFS.

They didn't sign him to that contract, but they did have to take it on while giving up a first to get out of Wall's even worse deal (one which they did sign).

Robz4000
07-29-2021, 07:26 PM
God damn, Barnes before Suggs?

Rummpd
07-29-2021, 07:38 PM
So it is and Fakers can be try to win a legit title

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31913935/sources-los-angeles-lakers-nearing-deal-acquire-russell-westbrook-send-3-player-package-pick-washington-wizards

Got to give it LAL FO they are at least taking a chance here and I got them for likely title now if healthy - they will fill in with a shooter.

LaMarcus Bryant
07-29-2021, 08:56 PM

They don't. This is the same playbook the Lakers always pull. They will get a high lvl player that's bought out for pennies on the dollar with the MLE too

Hope the team takes a helicopter ride

DMC
07-29-2021, 09:02 PM
:lmao

Arcadian
07-29-2021, 10:16 PM
Good. This makes the Lakers worse.

ambchang
07-29-2021, 10:37 PM
I don’t see this working unless they flip a whole bunch of the other guys for some elite shooting.

If somehow reminds me of the Suns getting shaq.

DMC
07-29-2021, 10:48 PM
The NBA with their narratives.. :lol

"This one is for Russell"..

Ask CP3 how that went.

Thread
07-29-2021, 11:14 PM
:lol LkrFan (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18824) said the same thing(s) about Harrell and Schroeder last year and now they aren't on the team anymore. This is inevitably gonna blow up in their faces, again.

Indeed, that was our fault for running Rondo & Howard off & bringing Harrell & Schroeder in. Harrell could handle the regular season, but, Schroeder couldn't handle the regular, or, post season worth a tinker's dam.

+ we're rid of Kuzma.

Westbrook is now set up. We'll see if he's serious, or, just comin' over to fuck around with James.

Thread
07-29-2021, 11:16 PM
I don’t see this working unless they flip a whole bunch of the other guys for some elite shooting.

Because you don't want to work. You want us to fail.

You're a good guy, amb, but it breaks my heart not be able to count on you for an honest opinion in times like this.

Thread
07-29-2021, 11:23 PM
Mediocrity continued.

FFS.

Cuban had that all ironed out when he first landed and now it's started to get out of hand again, Mult. tee, hee.

Thread
07-29-2021, 11:25 PM
They don't. This is the same playbook the Lakers always pull. They will get a high lvl player that's bought out for pennies on the dollar with the MLE too

At least they never sold our shit, LB.

Rummpd
07-30-2021, 05:05 AM
Meanwhile while LAL FO that was in shambles three years ago continues to try to improve the SAS FARCE of a FO selects at 12 a teenager not ready to play for a position already deep in that ESPN had ranked 26th (above other boards). Spurstalk crashes literally the pick was so bad.

ambchang
07-30-2021, 05:33 AM
Because you don't want to work. You want us to fail.

You're a good guy, amb, but it breaks my heart not be able to count on you for an honest opinion in times like this.

Not really thread. Yes I want lakers to fail but when you look at it the lakers weakness was a crowded paint and no creators other than Lebron. Westbrook hasn’t been a defender in a long time and his offence creation is one pass types.

I think the lakers are counting on westbrook to totally change his game, which is not outside the realm of possibilities as he is still an incredible athlete. But he had four tries and he never changed his game at all. Lebron may be smart enough to make it work, but im not counting on Lebron commanding so much respect from westbrook that would ultimate lead to some type of a-ha moment for westbrook to change.

I’ll see if the lakers can turn all old school and win by dominating the paint. The bucks did but they still have good spacing. The lakers is just so oddly put together.

LkrFan
07-30-2021, 07:13 AM

:lol

LkrFan
07-30-2021, 07:27 AM

Still time to get more shooting. I suspect we'll find out the complete trade around August 2nd. I say that because the Lakers promised Schröder a starting spot. No way that happens with Russ in tow. My dream scenario is that Buddy is on the way too, but they can't say nothing (see what happened with the Bucks last year with Bogi for example).

I don't love this trade, but like any other player that dons the P&G, Russ will get my full support.

I don't think he will change his game much. Sure he's done nothing up and until now with other teams but pad stats, but I think he will be welcomed to LA. Bron is too old to be the only penetrator/shot creator for 4 quarters. I foresee him giving those duties to Russ in the first 3 quarters (to preserve him all season) with Bron getting just enough of a rest to close games.

I'm most looking forward to seeing their fast break. Bron AD and Russ can all snatch a rebound and ignite fastbreaks. And Russ will also be allowed to pair with AD to lead 2nd units when Bron goes to the bench to post up guards and get to the stripe.

I'm tempering my expectations for this team, but to know we have 3 stars again means we will have some ring chasers coming to team up with them. Let's see what Pelinka's magic wand can do with the rest of the roster. To be continued son. :toast

Michael Jordan.
07-30-2021, 07:57 AM
Indeed, that was our fault for running Rondo & Howard off & bringing Harrell & Schroeder in. Harrell could handle the regular season, but, Schroeder couldn't handle the regular, or, post season worth a tinker's dam.

+ we're rid of Kuzma.

Westbrook is now set up. We'll see if he's serious, or, just comin' over to fuck around with James.
Culley, the man fucked up in a D’antoni offense. A offense all about scoring.

Bynumite
07-30-2021, 08:33 AM
Lebron's probably planning to do the load management thing on a regular basis from now on imo, we'll see a drop in his minutes too.

While Westbrook and AD carry the team during the regular season. Allowing Lebron to be fresh and injury free come playoff time and Westbrook to do his trademark regular season stat-padding.

I still liked KCP's defense, even when his shot was off. Kuzma, on the other hand, good riddance. About 3 seasons too late.

LkrFan
07-30-2021, 08:56 AM

+ we're rid of Kuzma.

https://twitter.com/nbamemesinsta/status/1420824536094679042?s=19

LkrFan
07-30-2021, 09:02 AM
Culley, the man fucked up in a D’antoni offense. A offense all about scoring.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mike D only wanted 3 things in his offense:

3ptrs
Layups/dunks
No midrange shots

Russ was a poor fit to begin with. Analytics will get players traded and coaches fired. The midrange game is still important, but Mike D doesn't see it that way. Probably why he never won, despite all the talent he's had in Phoenix, LA, and Brooklyn.

I think we may be overrating him a bit. His 2007 choke still pisses me off to the highest degree of pisstivity :lol

ducks
07-30-2021, 10:13 AM

They get a big trade exception

07-30-2021, 10:22 AM
Lebron needs moar help!!!!

Michael Jordan.
07-30-2021, 10:53 AM
Lebron's probably planning to do the load management thing on a regular basis from now on imo, we'll see a drop in his minutes too.

While Westbrook and AD carry the team during the regular season. Allowing Lebron to be fresh and injury free come playoff time and Westbrook to do his trademark regular season stat-padding.

I still liked KCP's defense, even when his shot was off. Kuzma, on the other hand, good riddance. About 3 seasons too late.

Westbrook can’t play back to backs either. Just FYI.

Michael Jordan.
07-30-2021, 10:56 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mike D only wanted 3 things in his offense:

3ptrs
Layups/dunks
No midrange shots

Russ was a poor fit to begin with. Analytics will get players traded and coaches fired. The midrange game is still important, but Mike D doesn't see it that way. Probably why he never won, despite all the talent he's had in Phoenix, LA, and Brooklyn.

I think we may be overrating him a bit. His 2007 choke still pisses me off to the highest degree of pisstivity :lol
The Lakers guarding Westbrook like this wasn’t Mike’s fault lol https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7gSI1gUYAExxmo.jpg

LkrFan
07-30-2021, 11:04 AM
The Lakers guarding Westbrook like this wasn’t Mike’s fault lol https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7gSI1gUYAExxmo.jpg

Vogel won't force a square into a round hole though ;)

Thread
07-30-2021, 11:36 AM

True, you can never have enough.

LkrFan
07-30-2021, 12:18 PM

Did you say this about KD last year?

Michael Jordan.
07-30-2021, 01:02 PM

Vogel won't force a square into a round hole though ;)
But see that’s the problem. Westbrook does not fit that team because he will be taking away shots from both LeBron and Davis. Russ has actually been a statistical negative his last 4 times in the playoffs on offense

lefty
07-30-2021, 01:10 PM
Lebron needs moar help!!!!He is 37 and AD can’t lead a team to the playoffs, so the Westbrook acquisition will allow Lebron do rest during the regular season and be fresh for the playoffs.
A well rested Bron is a scary thing for his opponents

LkrFan
07-30-2021, 01:29 PM
https://twitter.com/phsizemore/status/1421167455624331269?s=19

LkrFan
07-30-2021, 01:31 PM
But see that’s the problem. Westbrook does not fit that team because he will be taking away shots from both LeBron and Davis. Russ has actually been a statistical negative his last 4 times in the playoffs on offense

Fair. But let's not forget, he's a 3rd option at best. AlphaBrook will happen when Bron sits, but as a 3rd option? I'll take it.

07-30-2021, 01:38 PM
Did you say this about KD last year?
KD is just as much of a beta, Juancho, but at least you dont have people (including himself) preteding hes the goat

Meanwhile, Lebron... :lol

LkrFan
07-30-2021, 01:45 PM
KD is just as much of a beta, Juancho, but at least you dont have people (including himself) preteding hes the goat

Meanwhile, Lebron... :lol

Rummpd
07-30-2021, 02:43 PM
He is 37 and AD can’t lead a team to the playoffs, so the Westbrook acquisition will allow Lebron do rest during the regular season and be fresh for the playoffs.
A well rested Bron is a scary thing for his opponents

I like the trade for LA but leave it to lefty the biggest LeRoid apologist to really love it - nothing to see here

LakasRool4eva
07-30-2021, 03:34 PM
Looks like another ship comin 4 my Lakas............................................. ............

Rosewood
07-30-2021, 04:51 PM
I hate the lakers (on strictly a sports level) but this is a good move for them. They gave up literal trash for a dude who gives 100% every single play and might actually fall under line under Lebron. KD is soft as fuck, Lebron isn't. At least not on the court. And I hate all those cocksuckers so a rare praise to the Lakers FO for having the balls to do this. May blow up in their face, but I honestly doubt it and I think they will be highly competitive with Nets if everyone is healthy on both sides, and the pick is inconsequential, they would've either wasted it, or hit and got impatient in the second or third year with them not being top 5 all nba's players and trade them.

Pulling for Westbrook, I think he gets a lot of unwarranted hate, dude is a true baller and a no-bullshit kind of person when I can respect. Honestly if he led the bench group (as a Manu-role) he'd probably make Lakers the favorite. Can you imagine him thrashing bench players? lmao.

EDIT: Not to mention though, I think Clippers, Warriors, Nuggets, Mavs and Jazz will be heavy contenders to those two as well. Bucks too in the east (though I don't see anyone else stepping up from out there) and Suns possibly if CP3 can give it one more year of all-star play.

Michael Jordan.
07-30-2021, 04:55 PM
Fair. But let's not forget, he's a 3rd option at best. AlphaBrook will happen when Bron sits, but as a 3rd option? I'll take it.
He ain’t taking the third option role brotha. Lol it may look like it. But no

Mitch
07-30-2021, 04:59 PM

We grilling some asada for the new trade moves, fidel?

daslicer
07-30-2021, 05:37 PM

I'm already speculating they are going to get a good player with MLE that is going to take pay cut in hopes of getting ring. They will also get another ring chasing whore that will sign for the league minimum. So I expect them to get two good players in FA.

LkrFan
07-30-2021, 06:26 PM
We grilling some asada for the new trade moves, fidel?

Actually sauteed Chilaquilés :lol

Rummpd
07-30-2021, 06:42 PM
BLUF Westbrick not a perfect player but a helluva a pick up for what trash they gave up and now a favorite- with Nets and Bucks

LkrFan
07-30-2021, 07:42 PM
BLUF Westbrick not a perfect player but a helluva a pick up for what trash they gave up and now a favorite- with Nets and Bucks

DDR. Rudy Gay. Now 50 Mills are all connected to the Lakers
https://twitter.com/TopBallCoverage/status/1421259673697538057?s=19

If you were Pelinka, which would you try to ink? Personally, I'd take DDR but he too expensive.

ambchang
07-30-2021, 07:54 PM

That’s the thing that big market teams will always benefit from. They can afford to pay $40M to a third option.

scanry
07-30-2021, 07:56 PM
This looks like a good trade for LA. Love Russ

LkrFan
07-30-2021, 08:09 PM
That’s the thing that big market teams will always benefit from. They can afford to pay $40M to a third option.
$44M, but points taken. :lol

LkrFan
07-31-2021, 09:53 AM
What are your thoughts midnightpulp? :lol

baseline bum
07-31-2021, 10:18 AM
DDR. Rudy Gay. Now 50 Mills are all connected to the Lakers
https://twitter.com/TopBallCoverage/status/1421259673697538057?s=19

If you were Pelinka, which would you try to ink? Personally, I'd take DDR but he too expensive.

You'd take Mills over Shroder? :lol

lefty
07-31-2021, 10:58 AM
I like the trade for LA but leave it to lefty the biggest LeRoid apologist to really love it - nothing to see here

I actually don’t like Lebron, but keep assuming, jealous Lebron hater

LkrFan
07-31-2021, 12:43 PM
You'd take Mills over Shroder? :lol

I would :lol Especially with Chuckbrook in tow.

Patty can shoot and we need shooters. I trust Vogel to hide him on defense :lol

baseline bum
07-31-2021, 12:59 PM
I would :lol Especially with Chuckbrook in tow.

Patty can shoot and we need shooters. I trust Vogel to hide him on defense :lol

Oh man, and you guys hated Danny Green who was just as good a three point shooter but also a strong defender and not the turnstile fat wombat is.

LkrFan
07-31-2021, 02:30 PM
Oh man, and you guys hated Danny Green who was just as good a three point shooter but also a strong defender and not the turnstile fat wombat is.

:rollin:lmao:rollin

baseline bum
07-31-2021, 03:38 PM
:rollin:lmao:rollin

You guys really should bring Schroder back. I don't think you're going to do better on the MLE market and you'll probably get one or two decent on their last legs former stars to come play for minimum for a shot at a title anyways. In a normal year maybe you'd be ok on the MLE market, but last two years I'm guessing the players had to give every cent of that escrow fund that takes 10% of their salaries and then returns it if revenue projections are hit (which they obviously weren't with empty arenas). And with how SARS-CoV-2 is blowing up again in the US gotta imagine next season will begin in empty arenas again so the players will probably be giving that escrow fund to the owners again next year. 3 years of 10% haircuts on their salary I think is going to make everyone look for as much as they can get on the market and not take shorts vs a normal year when they might.

daslicer
07-31-2021, 06:24 PM
You guys really should bring Schroder back. I don't think you're going to do better on the MLE market and you'll probably get one or two decent on their last legs former stars to come play for minimum for a shot at a title anyways. In a normal year maybe you'd be ok on the MLE market, but last two years I'm guessing the players had to give every cent of that escrow fund that takes 10% of their salaries and then returns it if revenue projections are hit (which they obviously weren't with empty arenas). And with how SARS-CoV-2 is blowing up again in the US gotta imagine next season will begin in empty arenas again so the players will probably be giving that escrow fund to the owners again next year. 3 years of 10% haircuts on their salary I think is going to make everyone look for as much as they can get on the market and not take shorts vs a normal year when they might.

Interesting financial breakdown of the current situation. I actually learned something from this breakdown.

LkrFan
07-31-2021, 11:02 PM

Agreed. I like Schröder, for the record. He was coming into his own until he caught the Rona. Bad playoff showing tanked his value.

And be gotta be kicking himself for not taking $84M (Conley - who was an all star and Dennis was not, is being offered 3/$60M).

We'll see what Pelinka does. I wanted him back but they paying Russ $44M. We need 3&D players. If Dennis is gone, hope they can S&T him and get some serviceable players in return.

MultiTroll
07-31-2021, 11:42 PM
Ernesto you know you want to see this guy ring again.
https://nba.nbcsports.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2019/09/gettyimages-1140708953-e1567652429253.jpg?w=1024

baseline bum
07-31-2021, 11:51 PM
Agreed. I like Schröder, for the record. He was coming into his own until he caught the Rona. Bad playoff showing tanked his value.

And be gotta be kicking himself for not taking $84M (Conley - who was an all star and Dennis was not, is being offered 3/$60M).

We'll see what Pelinka does. I wanted him back but they paying Russ $44M. We need 3&D players. If Dennis is gone, hope they can S&T him and get some serviceable players in return.

Schroder seems like he's in a good position to demand a big payday from the Lakers. It's either him or MLE in a weak FA class.

Michael Jordan.
08-01-2021, 10:26 AM
Folks are really overrating the trade. He’s no longer a good defender. And will be a liability in the playoffs, taking 16 shots a game in the playoffs away from LeBron and AD and hitting just 5 of them.

Rummpd
08-01-2021, 01:46 PM
Folks are really overrating the trade. He’s no longer a good defender. And will be a liability in the playoffs, taking 16 shots a game in the playoffs away from LeBron and AD and hitting just 5 of them.

I think Fakers got better period as Westbrick despite faults competes harder than almost anyone and will set up James and Davis good looks - if LAL gets a couple shooters they likely win a legit title this time

LkrFan
08-01-2021, 02:09 PM

Nonsense :lol He can still defend son
https://media.tenor.com/images/2263c48ef3af967d30df61198877fd9f/tenor.gif
https://twitter.com/SlimSleepr/status/1421715298944753664?s=19

His defense is right up there with Dejounte Murray. You were saying? :wakeup

LkrFan
08-01-2021, 02:11 PM
Russ is the 5th best POA defender in the league. :lol at Michael Jordan.

LkrFan
08-01-2021, 02:18 PM
Russ lead the league in assistisis (11.7) last year. When Bron sat, deficits increased or leads shrunk last year. I can see Russ and AD 2-man game keeping the Lakers afloat to prevent the many 5min scoring drouts they had at inopportune times last season.

I don't like his price tag, but Russ raises the Lakers floor. Depending on what Rob does with the rest of the roster will determine if they can reach their ceiling.

The rumor mill is already heated up. We'll get more clarity starting tomorrow. I know LeGM is working the phones right now :lol

callo1
08-01-2021, 06:49 PM
Terrible pick up tbh. Other than Rondo, Westbrook has the most inflated bloatware stats in the last 10 years...empty numbers. Sure, he can hand out assists, but how is this going to mesh with Lebron's game?

3pt shooting percentage of a paltry 25%. a total fg % of 43.7% from the floor last year, and that was with Beal getting double teamed...that number is unlikely to increase, and more likely to decrease. His stellar shooting of 65.9% from the line certainly doesn't do much to salvage his ability to get there.

His numbers have been dropping consistently over the last few years. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how hard Westbrook plays, but going to the Lakers is just a bad match, especially for the price, and before I hear the usual Lebron will elevate his numbers argument, be sure to explain how.

Lebron kicks to Westbrook for 3...umm...no.

Westbrook kicks the ball out to Lebron...that isn't Lebron's game.

Lebron and Davis are strong rebounders, which cancel out one of Westbrooks biggest strengths. That leaves the Westbrooks assists, which takes the ball out of Lebron's hands. Ask the GM's across the league and they would like that idea.

Can Westbrook get some numbers without Lebron on the floor, like his usual rebounds, sure, but where do the rebounds lead to if Lebron or Davis are not on the court? In fairness, Westbrook and Davis can be special when paired up, but Davis is injury prone and you can't count on him being on the floor.

Lastly, the mileage on Westbrook is getting high, his body is more likely to break down due to his very high past usage and the aggressive nature of the way he plays the game. Westbrook will be 33 in November, but he has at least an extra 2 years on his body. A 6'3" guard that can't shoot the 3 to on a team that ranked 12th in 3pt shooting last season is only going to bring that percentage down.

The age of the team just went up. In a year that saw myriad injuries, to get older doesn't make sense.

Now to the price of getting Westbrook:

Losing Pope's 41% 3pt shooting
Kuzma shot only shot 33.8 from 3, but I would take that over Westbrooks 25%. *BTW, Kuzama will become a much better player once away from Lebron*
Harrell's 61% shooting from the floor cleaning up other's misses, and matching up with small ball teams.

Now some of these losses could be covered with new signings, but with little money left, that gets much tougher to accomplish.

Acquiring Westbrook just makes no sense. I compare it to when Houston signed CP3. Bump this next year if I am wrong and I will come to the table to eat my helping of crow, but I will most likely be bumping it when it turns out that I was right.

Michael Jordan.
08-01-2021, 07:32 PM

Yeah must been why Washington was so bad on defense. Look at his defensive rating.

Michael Jordan.
08-01-2021, 07:42 PM
110 defensive rating. That’s Hardenesque. What’s worse than that, Russ had a d rating of 122 in the playoffs. Not even Harden ever played that bad defensively :lol

MultiTroll
08-02-2021, 09:18 AM
Kuuze giving Laker Phans more.
Is that a pink floor in Sthapleths Cthenter?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CR9cCffpq2X/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR9cCffpq2X/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Rummpd
08-02-2021, 09:53 AM
BLUF with Westbrooke is who else LAL adds. If they get 2-3 shooters they can win the title IMO.

LkrFan
08-02-2021, 11:35 AM
110 defensive rating. That’s Hardenesque. What’s worse than that, Russ had a d rating of 122 in the playoffs. Not even Harden ever played that bad defensively :lol

Didn't you say that about 2018 Bron? :lol When Vogel was hired, Lakers have been top 3 defense for 2 years and counting. He must've done an outstanding job of hiring TOSBron. :lol

Wizards putrid defense collectively has no barring on Westbrook's defense individually. Not worried here.

Rummpd
08-02-2021, 11:44 AM
I live near DC and saw WB x 2 in person and a lot on TV. He has faults but no one plays harder and I think that GM James weighed in here and said get him over Hield.

Neo.
08-02-2021, 12:01 PM

I don't think a ton of Westbrook defensively but this isnt exactly a great measure to go by when Washington and Houston were two completely awful defensive teams in general. And to compare Russ to Harden, Russ was a guy who actually would defend the opposing teams best player whereas Harden was routinely hidden. And tbh pretty much any star level player is actually capable of playing good defense when they feel they have to, including harden and Westbrook. in a system where they are expected to focus on defense, be held accountable, provided with paint help, and not asked to be the lead scorer rebounder and run point, I think playing harder and more consistent on defense becomes much easier to do.

Westbrook won't be a lockdown guy, but I imagine he will play pretty solidly defensively. The question is whether he can keep his emotions in check and avoid doing stupid stuff and playing hero ball just because someone trash talks a little or looks at him after scoring on him.

Thread
08-02-2021, 12:37 PM
The question is whether he can keep his emotions in check and avoid doing stupid stuff and playing hero ball just because someone trash talks a little or looks at him after scoring on him.

Christ-a-mighty boy, this is like your first cogent post since I retur...that you've ever made and I'm here every-fuckin'-day, day in & of course day out. Congratulations, Neo, you've broken your cogent cherry.

Thread
08-02-2021, 12:40 PM
I live near DC and saw WB x 2 in person and a lot on TV. He has faults but no one plays harder and I think that GM James weighed in here and said get him over Hield.

It was just a matter of hauling his black ass up off the hard wood where he was kneeling & peeling & adhering those BLM decals all over white's creations, Rummy.

Though I don't know why we couldn't have Hield too. They got the dough over there, comin' out their collective wazoo's.

MultiTroll
08-02-2021, 12:46 PM
They got the dough over there, comin' out their collective wazoo's.
Who will you Laker Phans replace this gem with?
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1357844512761024513/EQ2tTiOg_400x400.jpg
kuz (@kylekuzma) / Twitter (https://twitter.com/kylekuzma)

Thread
08-02-2021, 01:35 PM
Who will you Laker Phans replace this gem with?
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1357844512761024513/EQ2tTiOg_400x400.jpg
kuz (@kylekuzma) / Twitter (https://twitter.com/kylekuzma)

& the fools had him on the ropes and gave him all that fuckin' money for no reason whatsoever.

& he's got a ring, so he'll be jackassing the rest of his life, like that Walker guy for them way back.

DMC
08-02-2021, 05:11 PM

I'm sure a retard would go full out in a chess match too, slamming pieces and playing harder. That doesn't mean shit in the end. Westbrook is a "me first" player, always will be.

Thread
08-02-2021, 05:54 PM
I'm sure a retard would go full out in a chess match too, slamming pieces and playing harder. That doesn't mean shit in the end. Westbrook is a "me first" player, always will be.

- "People change, Doc."

- "Wyatt Earp" - "Tombstone"

dbreiden83080
08-02-2021, 06:04 PM
I have cut Lebron some slack before, but I tell ya this clown needs more help than anyone in league history to win.. He's got Russ, AD, how about he gets Embiid to play some center for him? Is there anything else he needs for that 5th ring? Fuck Sake..

johnnymoore
08-02-2021, 07:17 PM
I have cut Lebron some slack before, but I tell ya this clown needs more help than anyone in league history to win.. He's got Russ, AD, how about he gets Embiid to play some center for him? Is there anything else he needs for that 5th ring? Fuck Sake..

Isn't the object to win? He's doing what every star should be doing.

Thread
08-02-2021, 07:19 PM

Buddy Hield, or, somebody else that can take it & stick that jumper without fouling their game shorts.

dbreiden83080
08-02-2021, 08:03 PM
Isn't the object to win? He's doing what every star should be doing.

Colluding up the ass with Superstars? Does he need Paul George as a 6th man? What else can we do for you Lebron to avoid finals loss number 7?

If they win the chip, and he's denied finals MVP, expect him to be pouting in a corner during the trophy presentation..

Thread
08-04-2021, 08:02 AM
Colluding up the ass with Superstars? Does he need Paul George as a 6th man? What else can we do for you Lebron to avoid finals loss number 7?

If they win the chip, and he's denied finals MVP, expect him to be pouting in a corner during the trophy presentation..

I hate the guy just as much as the next fellow, but James did ring a year ago, db.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-04-2021, 10:08 AM
LMAO the spurs licking up bryn forbes's toaster leavings and meanwhile next season LAL can trot out a lineup of:

Davis
Love
Melo
Bron
Westbrook

AKA the 2012 TEAM USA OLYMPIC BASKETBALL TEAM

LkrFan
08-04-2021, 12:05 PM
Submitted without comment
https://twitter.com/Tim_NBA/status/1422922493464096775?s=19

LkrFan
08-04-2021, 12:20 PM
LMAO the spurs licking up bryn forbes's toaster leavings and meanwhile next season LAL can trot out a lineup of:

Davis
Love
Melo
Bron
Westbrook

AKA the 2012 TEAM USA OLYMPIC BASKETBALL TEAM

Slight changes:

Davis
Bron
Melo
Baze
Melo

At least, I think that will be the initial starting lineup. Chucky the only one who can't shoot 3s :lol

Neo.
08-04-2021, 12:41 PM

Slight changes:

Davis
Bron
Melo
Baze
Melo

At least, I think that will be the initial starting lineup. Chucky the only one who can't shoot 3s :lol

melo will start at two positions? wow this is groundbreaking

Thanos
08-04-2021, 01:15 PM
I love how the salary cap just doesn’t exist for teams like the Lakers and Heat, and now Brooklyn. Everybody will just sign there for minimum contracts.

NBA has to go hard cap like the NFL if they ever want competitive balance.

LkrFan
08-04-2021, 02:04 PM
melo will start at two positions? wow this is groundbreaking
{facepalm:lol}

Obviously I meant Chucky :lol

LkrFan
08-04-2021, 02:07 PM
I love how the salary cap just doesn’t exist for teams like the Lakers and Heat, and now Brooklyn. Everybody will just sign there for minimum contracts.

NBA has to go hard cap like the NFL if they ever want competitive balance.

:cry some more! :lol
https://twitter.com/YossiGozlan/status/1422667593341575171?s=19

I was told the guy who was Kobe's agent for 20 years didn't know about how to manage a salary cap :rollin :lmao :rollin

callo1
08-04-2021, 02:40 PM
The Malik Monk pick up was a great move for LAL.

LkrFan
08-04-2021, 03:00 PM
If Pelinka pulls this off, I might get pinked
https://twitter.com/BarryBondz/status/1423007206778228743?s=19

LkrFan
08-04-2021, 03:01 PM
The Malik Monk pick up was a great move for LAL.
Monk 24
Nunn 26
THT 20

I like these ^ signings more than Chucky tbh. Talented young guns. Me likey :tu

LkrFan
08-04-2021, 03:06 PM
Where there's smoke...
https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNBA/status/1423011601901309954?s=19

Neo.
08-04-2021, 04:23 PM
Where there's smoke...
https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNBA/status/1423011601901309954?s=19
i highly doubt this means dinwiddie is going to the lakers

EDIT: i didnt see the previous tweet about trying to create a way for hield to the lakers

yeah if they get hield too then its just over lol

callo1
02-09-2022, 12:54 AM
Terrible pick up tbh. Other than Rondo, Westbrook has the most inflated bloatware stats in the last 10 years...empty numbers. Sure, he can hand out assists, but how is this going to mesh with Lebron's game?

3pt shooting percentage of a paltry 25%. a total fg % of 43.7% from the floor last year, and that was with Beal getting double teamed...that number is unlikely to increase, and more likely to decrease. His stellar shooting of 65.9% from the line certainly doesn't do much to salvage his ability to get there.

His numbers have been dropping consistently over the last few years. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how hard Westbrook plays, but going to the Lakers is just a bad match, especially for the price, and before I hear the usual Lebron will elevate his numbers argument, be sure to explain how.

Lebron kicks to Westbrook for 3...umm...no.

Westbrook kicks the ball out to Lebron...that isn't Lebron's game.

Lebron and Davis are strong rebounders, which cancel out one of Westbrooks biggest strengths. That leaves the Westbrooks assists, which takes the ball out of Lebron's hands. Ask the GM's across the league and they would like that idea.

Can Westbrook get some numbers without Lebron on the floor, like his usual rebounds, sure, but where do the rebounds lead to if Lebron or Davis are not on the court? In fairness, Westbrook and Davis can be special when paired up, but Davis is injury prone and you can't count on him being on the floor.

Lastly, the mileage on Westbrook is getting high, his body is more likely to break down due to his very high past usage and the aggressive nature of the way he plays the game. Westbrook will be 33 in November, but he has at least an extra 2 years on his body. A 6'3" guard that can't shoot the 3 to on a team that ranked 12th in 3pt shooting last season is only going to bring that percentage down.

The age of the team just went up. In a year that saw myriad injuries, to get older doesn't make sense.

Now to the price of getting Westbrook:

Losing Pope's 41% 3pt shooting
Kuzma shot only shot 33.8 from 3, but I would take that over Westbrooks 25%. *BTW, Kuzama will become a much better player once away from Lebron*
Harrell's 61% shooting from the floor cleaning up other's misses, and matching up with small ball teams.

Now some of these losses could be covered with new signings, but with little money left, that gets much tougher to accomplish.

Acquiring Westbrook just makes no sense. I compare it to when Houston signed CP3. Bump this next year if I am wrong and I will come to the table to eat my helping of crow, but I will most likely be bumping it when it turns out that I was right.

I think I pretty much nailed this back in August.

MultiTroll
02-09-2022, 01:07 AM
Another penetrating player not named Bron
Will team with AD while Bron rests
Will post small guards up
Will rebound and ignite the break
Can facilitate when Bron sits
Bron plays more off ball and on the block
Russ allows Bron to rest more

As a 3rd option too? I'll take it.

Now we just need shooters. More to follow farmers.
How's your Farmers Almanac looking?

LkrFan
02-09-2022, 06:53 AM
How's your Farmers Almanac looking?

You really are a troll :lol

I didn't think he'd be THIS bad :cry :cry :cry

Michael Jordan.
02-09-2022, 07:34 AM

Michael Jordan.
02-09-2022, 07:40 AM

:lmao damn son

Thread
02-09-2022, 09:43 AM

Show him a picture of that white married couple shackled hands and feet because their white son shot up the school.

He'll be happier than a pig in shit.

LkrFan
02-09-2022, 11:14 AM
Was last night or will tonight be the last Westbrick game in a Laker uni? :(

LkrFan
02-09-2022, 11:18 AM
1491316830325338112:lmao damn son
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FHgbnFsXsAMfO2n.jpg

Send him to San Antonio next please :cry

baseline bum
02-09-2022, 12:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FHgbnFsXsAMfO2n.jpg

Send him to San Antonio next please :cry

LOL no Juancho, you're stuck with his $44 million contract this year and $47 million next unless he retires or takes a helicopter flight on a foggy day.

LkrFan
02-09-2022, 01:40 PM
LOL no Juancho, you're stuck with his $44 million contract this year and $47 million next unless he retires or takes a helicopter flight on a foggy day.

Dust off John Wall and make the trade. He CAN'T be any worst than Westbrick.

AD isn't an Alpha as we saw last night. The best chance the Lakers have at doing anything is now before Bron goes full TOSB mode. :lol

Gonna be some really dark days for the Lakers when he retire - just like when Dr. Buss broke up Shaq and Kobe. :cry

Neo.
02-09-2022, 01:47 PM
Gonna be some really dark days for the Lakers when he retire - just like when Dr. Buss broke up Shaq and Kobe. :cry

oh yeah, real dark days when they still retained a top 10 all time player in his prime, and were back in the finals in 3 seasons. so dark.

lakerfans barely know what "dark days" in the nba are. you got a small taste when they thought dlo, bi and julius were the answer, only to be bailed out by lebron. you guys need to enjoy what you have. within 3-5 years something else will happen to bail them out once again.

LkrFan
02-09-2022, 01:58 PM
oh yeah, real dark days when they still retained a top 10 all time player in his prime, and were back in the finals in 3 seasons. so dark.

lakerfans barely know what "dark days" in the nba are. you got a small taste when they thought dlo, bi and julius were the answer, only to be bailed out by lebron. you guys need to enjoy what you have. within 3-5 years something else will happen to bail them out once again.

Thread
02-09-2022, 02:49 PM

...or, gets involved with white woman from town and somebody sales your shit.

tee, hee.

Thread
02-09-2022, 02:53 PM

Dust off John Wall and make the trade. He CAN'T be any worst than Westbrick.

AD isn't an Alpha as we saw last night. The best chance the Lakers have at doing anything is now before Bron goes full TOSB mode. :lol

Even the 18th are "dark days."

Leetonidas
02-09-2022, 05:25 PM
:lmao :lmao

literally everyone that wasnt a tard Lakers fan knew this was going to end badly and Westbrook did not fit at all with the Lakers. wtf were the Lakers FO/LeBron thinking? If they had Demar instead... :lmao

timtonymanu
02-09-2022, 06:51 PM
:lol LeGM
:lol from wanting Westbrook to wanting to trade him
:lol sells out any teammates who are liabilities
:lol :cry but Bron is such a good teammate

And I’m not even trying to defend Westbrook but was Lebron that stupid to not understand who he was asking for

RC_Drunkford
02-09-2022, 08:20 PM
https://twitter.com/JordanN1333272/status/1489472909873614851

spurraider21
02-09-2022, 08:36 PM

laker fan dark days came during kobe's last contract tbh

mystargtr34
02-09-2022, 09:14 PM

Jesus Christ 😂😂

DMC
02-10-2022, 05:11 PM
I think I pretty much nailed this back in August.

I nailed this when Westbrook was playing for the Thunder.

DMC
02-10-2022, 05:12 PM
laker fan dark days came during kobe's last contract tbh

But there's always sunshine after the fog clears.

RC_Drunkford
02-11-2022, 03:01 PM
Was last night or will tonight be the last Westbrick game in a Laker uni? :(

keep dreaming :lmao

LkrFan
02-11-2022, 04:54 PM
keep dreaming :lmao

:depressed

Michael Jordan.
02-11-2022, 05:28 PM

:lmao baseline bum is this about to be the most toxic Laker team of all time?

DMC
02-11-2022, 05:37 PM
RW will struggle to find his place on the team, with his tendency to stat pad and ball hog, he'll be stuck mentally between facilitating and play making and you know which of those gets the nod most often with him. I cannot see AD and lebron boxing out for him to rebound. I predict a feud between RW and one of the prominent bench members.

I guess I should have said "bench" instead of "bench members" :lol

DAF86
02-13-2022, 05:14 PM
:lmao :lmao

literally everyone that wasnt a tard Lakers fan knew this was going to end badly and Westbrook did not fit at all with the Lakers. wtf were the Lakers FO/LeBron thinking? If they had Demar instead... :lmao

It wouldn't be much different. Lakers need off ball shooters. DeMar ain't that.

MultiTroll
02-16-2022, 11:46 PM
More to follow farmers.
China Doll out with the ankle during Utah.

Is it time for Lakers to tank?

lefty
02-17-2022, 12:48 AM
https://twitter.com/heat_in_5/status/1491305672008675331

LkrFan
02-17-2022, 06:33 AM
https://twitter.com/heat_in_5/status/1491305672008675331

Joseph Kony
02-17-2022, 11:38 PM
His opportunity for salvation is at hand. (the boy) is gone. Only (the man) remains.

Prayin' with all me might he'll be like "J.B. Books" -The Shootist- you know: load all the chambers, heel up, pop the cork on the laudanum...

..."You'll scream till you lose consciousness. Nothing will touch it." - "Doc Hostetler"...

...drain and drop the bottle, toss the cork upon his unfinished tombstone, kiss Bogart's widow goodbye and take the trolley car to that saloon. Beverley is waitin' on him there---all his enemies are down there, don't you know...& get himself straightened out, like Artest in '10. One doesn't want to end up like Carmelo, eh, children?

Christ-a-might, thank God that old man didn't end up in our final recollection of him tooling around in that fucking Pontiac with that God forsaken Firebird decal stretched out all over the damn hood, huh?...-McQ-

- "I won't be wronged."
- "J.B. Books" - "The Shootist"

How's that working out for you old timer? :lol

Thread
02-18-2022, 12:28 AM
How's that working out for you old timer? :lol

Unfortunately not so good. But he didn't have a Fisher riding herd over him like Artest did, telling him over and over again, ..."don't live in regret, Ron. This is it. This-is-it. Shut these fucks up, the ones that want you to fail, are betting you'll fail. Leave 'em where you find 'em, Ron. You'll live never to regret it."

Westbrook has James, a stove up man hater, who, let's be frank here, JK, deep down probably didn't/doesn't want Westbrook to get straightened out---to get off the snide, huh?

It would've been sweet to watch Westbrook and Anthony persevere in the Artest model. I'll never forget that post Finals presser, when Artest in front of his entire family, mom and pop too, and the children confessed to cowardice and apologized. I wanted a similar night come June, but that will not happen. They're most probably aware of what was at stake and how it got waylaid, but won't assign blame, that is just not done and shouldn't be. Nothing good would come from such a conflagration.

Just heartbreaking. But it helps to vent here among you fine fellows. You've been there, we've all been there.

Michael Jordan.
03-05-2022, 03:31 PM

koriwhat
03-05-2022, 06:32 PM

Can't have a "team" when your starting PG isn't a "team player". Everyone has known about RW's "me-attitude" forever except the Lakers?

Michael Jordan.
03-05-2022, 08:37 PM

Michael Jordan.
03-05-2022, 08:46 PM
The coaching staff and Westbrook have had differing visions on how best to utilize the 2017 NBA Most Valuable Player, and that has partly accounted for some tense moments between Vogel and Westbrook in the past several days, including during a Friday team film session, sources told ESPN.

DMC
03-05-2022, 10:24 PM
Should have stayed in OKC, even if he had to take a pay cut.

Thread
03-06-2022, 12:19 AM
Should have stayed in OKC, even if he had to take a pay cut.

It was well worth the try, we're/RW&ME just stuck with a barrel-a-shit James who is welded to BLM and hates white.

It happens.

LkrFan
03-08-2022, 09:58 AM

You farmers not right :cry

baseline bum
03-08-2022, 10:02 AM

You farmers not right :cry

Russell Westbrook 5-14 .357

Looks like we were right

LkrFan
03-08-2022, 10:30 AM

Looks like we were right

Oh he soft soft. I'm sure you farmers called Kobe a rapist to his face. He still brought the heat.

Today's NBA players built different :lol

Seventyniner
03-08-2022, 08:17 PM
Westbrick declining his $47M player option next season would be the biggest gift to the Lakers since MVPau.

Robz4000
03-08-2022, 08:24 PM
Westbrick declining his $47M player option next season would be the biggest gift to the Lakers since MVPau.

:lol literally zero chance that happens

ambchang
03-08-2022, 09:58 PM
Can't have a "team" when your starting PG isn't a "team player". Everyone has known about RW's "me-attitude" forever except the Lakers?

But Lebron is this generational leader that he can turn him into a team player.

ambchang
03-08-2022, 09:59 PM

Looks like we were right

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33451151/lakers-russell-westbrook-speaks-harassment-family-subject-vows-push-back-westbrick-taunts

Maybe the legacy for his name isn’t to steal $44M and be a net negative for your team.

You can call me westshit if you pay me $44m a year.

Thread
03-08-2022, 10:52 PM

We got oodles of problems that transcend Westbrook. Portending that he is the be all & end all of our cancer is pure folly. But, I'm confidant that is precisely how we will approach it, sell it and have to live with it. And you couldn't talk them out of it for all the rice in China.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
03-09-2022, 02:44 PM
Just a friendly reminder that in Tim Duncan's entire career, the most games under-500 his team ever was at any point, was 3

Lebron's Lakers currently at -8

:toast

ambchang
03-09-2022, 03:32 PM
Come to think of it, is westbrick a spurstalk original or did we just steal it from other sites?

Allan Rowe vs Wade
03-09-2022, 03:41 PM
Come to think of it, is westbrick a spurstalk original or did we just steal it from other sites?

the first mention i see on ST is January 2011:

double lol westbrick

DMC
03-09-2022, 05:06 PM
We got oodles of problems that transcend Westbrook. Portending that he is the be all & end all of our cancer is pure folly. But, I'm confidant that is precisely how we will approach it, sell it and have to live with it. And you couldn't talk them out of it for all the rice in China.

Stacking names is the 2nd best thing to stacking talent. Lakers are doing the former to sell tickets and TV contracts. It doesn't matter how ineffective the names are together, it only matters that you've heard of them.

Thread
03-09-2022, 06:18 PM
Stacking names is the 2nd best thing to stacking talent. Lakers are doing the former to sell tickets and TV contracts. It doesn't matter how ineffective the names are together, it only matters that you've heard of them.

But I thought we'd prosper with them names. That did not happen. Hell, they wouldn't play Rondo again, and it really hurt that the Suns took McGee off the table.

They wouldn't play Howard enough even.

We're total shit now.

LkrFan
03-10-2022, 08:31 AM

:pctoss

Robz4000
03-10-2022, 03:24 PM
:lol this whole thread is hilarious tbh...

Seventyniner
03-10-2022, 03:54 PM

The Lakers are sometimes good at winning games, but they are always good at making tons of money.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
03-10-2022, 08:05 PM
Just a friendly reminder that in Tim Duncan's entire career, the most games under-500 his team ever was at any point, was 3

Lebron's Lakers currently at -8

:toast

Duncan -3 > Lebron -9

callo1
04-06-2022, 05:47 PM
One more year on that contract.

Have fun with that.

At least Monk is a quality player. I bet he bolts for a contender...he deserves that tbh.

InRareForm
04-06-2022, 08:08 PM
Will Lakers give up 2027, 2029, RW for something

DMC
04-06-2022, 09:42 PM
Will Lakers give up 2027, 2029, RW for something

Dangelo pls
Randle pls
Longo pls

Ef-man
04-06-2022, 10:01 PM
Bad calls on westbrick trade:

This is good for Lakers in regular season, gives lebron ability to Rest up and be healthy for playoffs.

X's and o's I don't know if it's good for the playoffs though. Need 3 point shooting

Will help in the regular season, so Russ can carry the team to wins when either or both LeBron and AD are injured or need to be rested. But come playoffs, they might as well deactivate Russ.

if hes willing to work a little more off the ball, give more effort defensively, and help keep the offense running well while lebron is on the bench, it could work incredibly well actually. they just need another shooter or so

their biggest issue wasnt shooting, but creation when lebron was out of the game, or taking a possession off here and there. this should solve that.

Well you beat me to it. :tu

Agreed. Vogel is 1999 CIA Pop defensively. AD missed 2 months and they were still top 3 defensively. Vogel's scheme will hide him. Not worried here :lol

I think Fakers got better period as Westbrick despite faults competes harder than almost anyone and will set up James and Davis good looks - if LAL gets a couple shooters they likely win a legit title this time

Ef-man
04-06-2022, 10:08 PM
Good calls on the westbrick trade:

I don't see this one - Lakers need a shooter - unless there is more to come.

I love Westbrook but this is a disaster floor spacing wise lmao. Especially since AD does not want to play center. Maybe, if he plays like he did in Houston there is some chance it could work but I doubt it.

RC_Drunkford
04-06-2022, 10:10 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

that Cali weed strong Juanito :lmao

baseline bum
04-06-2022, 10:11 PM

Fuck subtraction, turned out to be more like logarithm by addition.

baseline bum
04-06-2022, 10:14 PM

Nah man Hector smokes that Cali sherm

koriwhat
04-07-2022, 12:47 PM

Shit was weak in 2019

MultiTroll
04-07-2022, 01:45 PM
I don't see Westchuck in the chart.
What are we reading? "Lebron Defensive Points Saved"?
Can you dumb it down for me?

RC_Drunkford
04-09-2022, 08:41 PM
I don't see Westchuck in the chart.
What are we reading? "Lebron Defensive Points Saved"?
Can you dumb it down for me?

westbrook is behind DJ in the grafic. This is when he was on the Wizards and it's obviously bullshit :lol

LkrFan
04-10-2022, 02:53 PM
Nah man Hector smokes that Cali sherm

:smokin

LkrFan
04-10-2022, 02:53 PM

:smokin

Michael Jordan.
04-11-2022, 11:35 AM

:lmao he gone

Michael Jordan.
04-11-2022, 04:34 PM
baseline bum

Michael Jordan.
04-11-2022, 04:48 PM

Robz4000
04-11-2022, 05:10 PM
package of Brogdon/Hield gaining steam.

:lol zero chance unless the Lakers are trading even more picks

baseline bum
04-11-2022, 06:17 PM
package of Brogdon/Hield gaining steam.

You think LeBron would enjoy playing in Indiana though?

ambchang
04-12-2022, 02:04 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33721269/los-angeles-lakers-russell-westbrook-opens-disconnect-frank-vogel-disappointing-season

This is too good. Going off on the coach, management, Lebron, unibrow. It’s as if he had no hand in the disaster.

also making up a fake story about fake stories on him.

Still focusing on stats.

Lakers are having a recurrence. Got rid of one cancer, came back with two more.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
04-12-2022, 02:28 PM
*chef's kiss*

lefty
04-12-2022, 03:39 PM
Lakers' management style in a nutshellhttps://media4.giphy.com/media/cDrQCLg6jNegmxXKAI/giphy.gif

And before anyone praises D Buss for his success, that motherfucker was also very lucky