PDA

View Full Version : You Son of a Bitch, I'm In

Mr. Body
07-31-2021, 12:25 AM
Okay, after mulling it over, watching some video of play, reading actual pre-draft analysis, picking up on how the draft was shifting...

I think the Spurs nailed both picks. Doesn't mean these are both going to pan out, but I do think these were great selections. I don't think Primo was a huge stretch and this is supported by the sense that other teams were after him nearby. My intense disappointment came from 1) my interest in Sengun, 2) why couldn't they trade down?

It's now apparent that at least two other teams were highly interested in Primo. If the Spurs traded slightly down to the Oklahoma City picks, it was very likely OKC pulled the trigger for Primo. I am of the opinion that media mock drafts lag behind what teams are actually thinking. As I've mentioned elsewhere, these sites only caught up the fact that Ziaire Williams was rising into the top 10 very late, and most didn't even get there. I'm of the belief that had another week elapsed, the same sites would have picked up on Primo's rise.

Now, of course we have too many guards. Of course Sengun is intriguing. But we can get rid of Lonnie Walker, we can just have a banquet of guards until things shake out. Vassell and Primo can both play wing.

But what intrigues about Primo is that he's pretty crafty and smooth with the ball, poised, and has multiple skills even before his promise as a shooter, and then he already has good tools as a defender, both physically and in skill. If you watch the combine game, you see. This isn't even mentioning his leadership skills -- he's drawing teammates together to discuss sets during dead balls... during a game where guys are normally after themselves. They're listening to him.

And he was the absolute youngest player in all of college basketball last year.

That's a bit nuts. To be perfectly honest, he looks like he's a good bit older than he is -- I don't mean in appearance, but in skill level. We've talked a lot about how he's a lottery pick next year, but I see it now. He's a lottery pick this year, too. He sure as hell has a lot to work on. A really big amount. But I don't think he gets lost in the G-League this year. I think he actually contributes. I have no idea what his ceiling is, but there really is something here, and it's a really good bet to take. I don't think there's a single player drafted after him, barring Sengun, that I would draft before him.

In short, I think he was rising on many team boards for a very good reason.

As for Cuppa Joe... at least one good analytic website said he would be better value than Corey Kispert. They aren't terribly different in production and one would be a 2nd round pick. What's great about him is that he doesn't just have great shooting on multiple levels -- placement, getting open, etc. -- he's actually deceptively athletic. And well-coached, at Iowa. But I don't think Wieskamp is seen as a mistake on this board.

But honestly, I think, against the big, prevailing narrative here and elsewhere, the Spurs actually had a potentially great draft.

slick'81
07-31-2021, 12:38 AM
Coming from one of the most optimistic spur fans on here..fck it im sold

Degoat
07-31-2021, 12:50 AM
Count me in as well! Underpass crew lol I hope he shows out in the summer league, one thing that people forget is after I’d say pick 7 in the draft, the talent level from like 8 to 23 was pretty even so might as well take the guy that you believe in.

tim_duncan_fan
07-31-2021, 12:59 AM
Support Cousin Josh!

I mean...what the fuck else can you do other than support at this point, anyway?

I hope he has a growth spurt.

offset formation
07-31-2021, 01:00 AM
yeah I'm in too. that SI article SAGirl posted convinced me there was actual smoke to why they didn't trade down. after seeing that I posted in that thread I was wrong to be mad they didn't trade down if they had him as their BPA.

kid is gonna be good, of that I have little doubt. just hope he's better than Sengun, Moody, and Garuba though that seems to be unlikely to be demonstrated in first year or two given the traditional slow pace of developing young draft picks.

Here's to Cuz and a stellar career!!

Dejounte
07-31-2021, 01:04 AM
Just in case no one knew….. he’s going to wear jersey #11 for the Spurs.

SpurPadre
07-31-2021, 01:19 AM
I'm very intrigued by both players after seeing videos of them and feel more confident about their abilities than Samanic's. They also come off as players that want to be good at what they do and improve along with being high character guys. I'm optimistic.

Atl Spur
07-31-2021, 01:35 AM
Look at you guys growing up right before my eyes! I’m so proud of you guys......pulled your heads out :)

Atl Spur
07-31-2021, 01:36 AM
Now get over the penthouse we have a little room....

BackHome
07-31-2021, 02:11 AM
Oh Hell I am in - he is wearing my old jersey number 11 so I will take that as a good Omen.lol

timvp
07-31-2021, 02:25 AM
Spurs Draft Pick Life Cycle

1. OMG! WTF! That was a terrible pick. Pop and all his minions need to be fired. There were so many better players on the board!
2. Hmmm ... you know what, I actually kinda like the pick! <---- You Are Here
3. I can't believe Pop isn't playing the pick! Pop is ruining the best young player on the roster! Like I said from the beginning, this pick is a special player.
4. Wow. This player is so much better than everyone else in the rotation he's competing against.
5. I'm so glad the Spurs drafted the player I wanted.
6. Eh, he's pretty good but the new youngsters deserve his minutes now.
7. OMG! WTF! Why won't Pop stop playing his pets? This guy sucks and always sucked. I don't even know why the Spurs drafted him.

NASpurs
07-31-2021, 02:58 AM

1. OMG! WTF! That was a terrible pick. Pop and all his minions need to be fired. There were so many better players on the board!
3. I can't believe Pop isn't playing the pick! Pop is ruining the best young player on the roster! Like I said from the beginning, this pick is a special player.
4. Wow. This player is so much better than everyone else in the rotation he's competing against.
7. OMG! WTF! Why won't Pop stop playing his pets? This guy sucks and always sucked. I don't even know why the Spurs drafted him.

:lol Holy shit it’s too accurate

gambit1990
07-31-2021, 03:06 AM

Spurs Draft Pick Life Cycle *for homers with no spine

Mnky
07-31-2021, 04:26 AM
Of the same mindset that this is a good late lottery pick. A couple lesser known analysts had him top 10, likely the ones who actually researched him.

Everyone was saying he was a reach, without knowing why is a clear indication that they didn't do much homework on the kid.

His leadership and knowledge of the game at his age is very high. His shooting can be elite and he has the tools to be an above average defender. From all accounts of people close, he was actually asked to do very little but run the team. They had a losing record before putting him to start if I remember correct. It's been said a few times he can much more than what he was asked to do at school.

I think he has as good a chance as anyone late lottery to develop into an actual star player.

Every year people say the drop off from 15-25 really isn't much but go crazy if they pick a 25 guy at 15. Somethings gotta give eventually.

I haven't seen anything not to like about the kid besides his inexperience. And with what experience he has had, he has exceled every step.

I'm in.

CGD
07-31-2021, 07:00 AM

This is hilarious.

- Murray and Walker have graduated to step 7
- Keldon is at 4
- Vassel at 3
- is Luka still stuck at 1?

CGD
07-31-2021, 07:03 AM
I 100% believe it if OKC was signaling they wanted the kid at 16. Honestly it’s a crap shoot after 10 anyway, though, man, that Sengun kid had such a unique skill set. I hope that one doesn’t come back to bite us in ass.

GreekSpursfan
07-31-2021, 07:04 AM

:lol

Uriel
07-31-2021, 07:38 AM
All aboard the Primo express

:flag:

Marcus Bryant
07-31-2021, 07:41 AM

2.5. I think he’ll make the Hall of Fame

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-31-2021, 07:44 AM

Tbh most of ST went from 1 to 2 very quickly once people started researching the kid more closely.

I remember the backlash after drafting Derrick White over ST darlings Josh Hart, Jonah Bolden and Jordan Bell was much worse. This one had more meltdown potential but it's not that bad really. People in stage 1 should dig up that 2017 draft thread and read some.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-31-2021, 08:29 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/5i6mrm.jpg

RC_Drunkford
07-31-2021, 08:50 AM
like I said in other threads, his game is pretty advanced for an 18 year-old. He has All-Star potential, I'm just worried about the lack of speed and athleticism. Maybe he can improve there, he's young. Ideal scenario is he grows some more and can slide up to SF. He won't have to be so quick playing the 3. That's what I'm hoping for

Dex
07-31-2021, 08:54 AM
Are We Talking Like Dejounte Now?

NickiRasgo
07-31-2021, 09:08 AM
like I said in other threads, his game is pretty advanced for an 18 year-old. He has All-Star potential, I'm just worried about the lack of speed and athleticism. Maybe he can improve there, he's young. Ideal scenario is he grows some more and can slide up to SF. He won't have to be so quick playing the 3. That's what I'm hoping for

Tbh while athleticism is good, it's not much of an issue with how the current playstyle of NBA.

Prolly he could be a Bradley Beal, CJ McCollum type of player but worst maybe something like Nick Young or past prime JR Smith.

RD2191
07-31-2021, 09:20 AM
Dude's a fucking scrub and OP is a faggot.

Degoat
07-31-2021, 09:22 AM
Just from watching some videos on him, he kinda reminds me of Caris Levert

HankChinaski
07-31-2021, 09:24 AM
My only real issue with getting Primo had to do with acquiring additional assets trading down a little bit for him.

But if it is true that he would have been gone before 19th pick and trading down wasn't a great option to acquire said player outside of the vacuum the choice to draft at 12 makes sense.

I like Primo as I stated before as well as Joe Weesie at 41.

The spurs this last year looked horrible with outside shooting and they definitely were aiming to address those needs in the draft.

Now to watch an wait through free agency for the spit takes as players being traded and signed to other teams besides the spurs as the fan base implodes with the same posters again for another year.

KobesAchilles
07-31-2021, 09:59 AM
Now if we could only sign Markk for 2 years and call it a day. We need a spacing forward in the starting rotation if we play DJ, KJ, and Poeltl together. We also have to tank this year tbh so I don’t care about defense from Markk. Our goal should be to find out which of the old youth we keep as compared to the new youth. We draft our franchise guy next year, hope KJ evolves into a 2 guy. Hope Primo learns how to run our offense. Keep White as our starting SG and either sign DJ as our 6th man to play alongside Vassell or get rid of him.

offset formation
07-31-2021, 10:02 AM
I 100% believe it if OKC was signaling they wanted the kid at 16. Honestly it’s a crap shoot after 10 anyway, though, man, that Sengun kid had such a unique skill set. I hope that one doesn’t come back to bite us in ass.

precisely where I'm at.

Atl Spur
07-31-2021, 10:02 AM

Hell naw!! That was funny

TimDunkem
07-31-2021, 10:55 AM
Dude's a fucking scrub and OP is a faggot.

Atl Spur
07-31-2021, 11:03 AM
We are not tanking....

TheChillFactor
07-31-2021, 11:08 AM
thank you for laying that out.

I've BEEN in.

imagine staking your identity on the idea that GREGG POPOVICH is a bumbling idiot. i feel bad for these mental prisoners.

BackHome
07-31-2021, 11:41 AM
Oh we are so tanking and your going to love it..:bobo

The Truth #6
07-31-2021, 11:48 AM
We are not tanking....

...but not winning, either.

Dejounte
07-31-2021, 11:56 AM
thank you for laying that out.

I've BEEN in.

imagine staking your identity on the idea that GREGG POPOVICH is a bumbling idiot. i feel bad for these mental prisoners.

or worse, dedicating half your life being focused on being anti-everything with strangers online and using multiple usernames to do it.

Atl Spur
07-31-2021, 11:59 AM
Oh we are so tanking and your going to love it..:bobo

Lol

pad300
07-31-2021, 12:04 PM
Now if we could only sign Markk for 2 years and call it a day. We need a spacing forward in the starting rotation if we play DJ, KJ, and Poeltl together. We also have to tank this year tbh so I don’t care about defense from Markk. Our goal should be to find out which of the old youth we keep as compared to the new youth. [i]We draft our franchise guy next year[i], hope KJ evolves into a 2 guy. Hope Primo learns how to run our offense. Keep White as our starting SG and either sign DJ as our 6th man to play alongside Vassell or get rid of him.

The strategic problem here is this, right there. That's the hardest bit, the bottleneck.

Finding a actual franchise guy is hard, there is an average of less than 1 in any given draft... And it's not always something you can call. In 2013, the only actual franchise guy (Giannis) was picked at 15. In 2011, quitter at 15 again. In 2015 & 2016 nobody.

This draft was a F'up for us (IMO), because we passed up a shot at a guy who might be that franchise guy (Sengun). Primo may come good. But I don't see a realistic path for him ever being an MVP candidate...

KobesAchilles
07-31-2021, 12:52 PM
The strategic problem here is this, right there. That's the hardest bit, the bottleneck.

Finding a actual franchise guy is hard, there is an average of less than 1 in any given draft... And it's not always something you can call. In 2013, the only actual franchise guy (Giannis) was picked at 15. In 2011, quitter at 15 again. In 2015 & 2016 nobody.

This draft was a F'up for us (IMO), because we passed up a shot at a guy who might be that franchise guy (Sengun). Primo may come good. But I don't see a realistic path for him ever being an MVP candidate...

A couple of counterpoints:
Being scared of failure doesn’t mean that it isn’t the correct path. If we trust PATFO in drafting, as most people do, then we should trust them to choose our next franchise player. Also the last 5 drafts have had clear #1 talent in it. It’s just a matter of player development. And maybe we get lucky and have a draft like last years that had 2 great players in it. Or Lukas year.

Also even if they aren’t a generational talent like Ayton, they can still be used as a good piece where we might become one veteran away from winning again. Let’s say Harden is available, like I think he will be in 3 years, and the Nets aren’t contenders and we blow them away with an offer for him. I know people hate Harden but he could be that vet that makes us special. But we can’t think about that until we properly set ourselves up for the future

Also if we do get our guy and KJ or Primo are clear 3rd and 4th options then we can trade the farm for a clear number 2 guy. Tanking just gives us a lot of possibilities

pad300
07-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Being scared of failure doesn’t mean that it isn’t the correct path. If we trust PATFO in drafting, as most people do, then we should trust them to choose our next franchise player. Also the last 5 drafts have had clear #1 talent in it. It’s just a matter of player development. And maybe we get lucky and have a draft like last years that had 2 great players in it. Or Lukas year.

Also even if they aren’t a generational talent like Ayton, they can still be used as a good piece where we might become one veteran away from winning again. Let’s say Harden is available, like I think he will be in 3 years, and the Nets aren’t contenders and we blow them away with an offer for him. I know people hate Harden but he could be that vet that makes us special. But we can’t think about that until we properly set ourselves up for the future

Also if we do get our guy and KJ or Primo are clear 3rd and 4th options then we can trade the farm for a clear number 2 guy. Tanking just gives us a lot of possibilities

Why do you think these are counterpoints. None of that changes if we draft Sengun over Primo...

KobesAchilles
07-31-2021, 01:13 PM
Why do you think these are counterpoints. None of that changes if we draft Sengun over Primo...
Oh I wanted Sengun as well. I made that clear in the draft and predraft threads. I’m just saying that we have Primo now, no sense looking back and we can only look forward.

Dejounte
07-31-2021, 01:31 PM
Oh I wanted Sengun as well. I made that clear in the draft and predraft threads. I’m just saying that we have Primo now, no sense looking back and we can only look forward.

this guy here is a mature adult

Mr. Body
07-31-2021, 01:37 PM

You just straight up made some of this shit up.

tmtcsc
07-31-2021, 02:44 PM

That's pretty damn on-point. Now, lets get Luka Sandwich the hell off this roster & hope free-agency brings more immediate impact.

SPURt
07-31-2021, 03:18 PM

wow :lol you definitely get a brown star for this take :toast

tmtcsc
07-31-2021, 04:00 PM

That's pretty damn on-point. Now, lets get Luka Sandwich the hell off this roster & hope free-agency brings more immediate impact.

TheChillFactor
07-31-2021, 04:37 PM
or worse, dedicating half your life being focused on being anti-everything with strangers online and using multiple usernames to do it.

haha i'm just one person, you flatter me though!

Mr. Body
07-31-2021, 04:45 PM
I don't get why the galaxy brain choads are saying that timvp whine-fest is on point? None of that ever happens!

But oh well, you love licking that dude's taint. Go ahead. The guy is wrong as anyone else here. Dude was crying when Poeltl received his last contract, which was instantly a bargain. And this was just him shitting the carpet and now everyone's dancing around it pretending it's manna. :lol

ElNono
07-31-2021, 05:33 PM

:lol hilarious.

Not very accurate, but funny. You also forgot the "It's been 4 years and this guy is a bust, why is this guys still in the roster?", with all the newb/fabbs variations like "Pop shoulda traded this scrub on a rookie deal for Giannis when his stock was high after having two double-digit back to back games!111!!!!"

daslicer
07-31-2021, 06:14 PM

Harden will be done in 3 years. He will be 35 by then and I don't see him having Lebron like longevity since he doesn't keep himself in shape.

widowmaker
07-31-2021, 06:15 PM
Man that dude is gonna be stashed in the g league for 2 years before he plays any real games. Take out Derozen, mills and gay who is going to share the minutes?

1. Murray
2. White
3. Walker
4. Johnson
5. Jacob

Bench
1. Tre
2. Vassel
3. Bates diop
4. Semanic
5. Dieng/ if he sticks around.

So how many games will this team really win?
I do not have any high hopes Spurs will pick up a free agent that will move the needle in the positive

Kurik
07-31-2021, 06:24 PM
I don't get why the galaxy brain choads are saying that timvp whine-fest is on point? None of that ever happens!

But oh well, you love licking that dude's taint. Go ahead. The guy is wrong as anyone else here. Dude was crying when Poeltl received his last contract, which was instantly a bargain. And this was just him shitting the carpet and now everyone's dancing around it pretending it's manna. :lol

It was funny don’t take it personally.

KobesAchilles
07-31-2021, 06:28 PM
Harden will be done in 3 years. He will be 35 by then and I don't see him having Lebron like longevity since he doesn't keep himself in shape.
Yeah I see him being able to age well tbh. We don’t need him to be MVP Harden, otherwise he wouldn’t come here :lol
But can he Chris Paul us to the finals? I’m not sure. But it could put us back in the hunt. I mean by then who is really the star that is dominating our conference? Short of Luka (and I don’t trust Cuban one iota to build around him) they are all either too old or too injury prone. I would take our chances

Mr. Body
07-31-2021, 06:37 PM
It was funny don’t take it personally.

Sorta. The point of the post was that many of us were wrong about Primo. Then timvp posts some made up bitch fest about something completely different. Then users flock in to blow him.

It's just stupid.

daslicer
07-31-2021, 06:55 PM
Yeah I see him being able to age well tbh. We don’t need him to be MVP Harden, otherwise he wouldn’t come here :lol
But can he Chris Paul us to the finals? I’m not sure. But it could put us back in the hunt. I mean by then who is really the star that is dominating our conference? Short of Luka (and I don’t trust Cuban one iota to build around him) they are all either too old or too injury prone. I would take our chances

The only way I see him lasting as long as Chris if he changes his diet like Chris did with the plant based diet. Even though Harden's game is old man type of game you have to factor in injuries happening when you are out of shape. This compounds once you hit your 30's like what happened this year in the playoffs with Harden's hamstring.

RC_Drunkford
07-31-2021, 06:56 PM
Man that dude is gonna be stashed in the g league for 2 years before he plays any real games. Take out Derozen, mills and gay who is going to share the minutes?

1. Murray
2. White
3. Walker
4. Johnson
5. Jacob

Bench
1. Tre
2. Vassel
3. Bates diop
4. Semanic

I do not have any high hopes Spurs will pick up a free agent that will move the needle in the positive

the tanking crew will be happy. Spurs will finally get their #1 draft pick. I‘m not sure if Pop can get the record this year. This team could win less than 10 games

slick'81
07-31-2021, 06:59 PM
the tanking crew will be happy. Spurs will finally get their #1 draft pick. I‘m not sure if Pop can get the record this year. This team could win less than 10 games

Definitely a bottom feeder roster. Atleast white gets a chance to really shine assuming his legs dont fall off

PhantomDashCam
07-31-2021, 07:00 PM
Just from watching some videos on him, he kinda reminds me of Caris Levert

I think that’s a real solid comparison imho. :tu

exstatic
07-31-2021, 07:02 PM
The only way I see him lasting as long as Chris if he changes his diet like Chris did with the plant based diet. Even though Harden's game is old man type of game you have to factor in injuries happening when you are out of shape. This compounds once you hit your 30's like what happened this year in the playoffs with Harden's hamstring.
Plant based diet or not, CP3 had his own share of hammy problems in the playoffs over the last 5-6 years.

Spurtacular
07-31-2021, 07:11 PM
Other teams wanting to reach is not a good reason to reach. Bad pick.

daslicer
07-31-2021, 07:22 PM
Plant based diet or not, CP3 had his own share of hammy problems in the playoffs over the last 5-6 years.

You are right. Just saying that when you are above 30 as an athlete your diet has to get a lot better to give you a chance to avoid being injury prone. Harden is on the path where he's going to get random injuries like the hamstring one he suffered from in this year's playoffs if he doesn't wise up and get into better shape.

duncan2k5
07-31-2021, 08:44 PM
He won't play for at least 2 years .. I wish that weren't the case, bit that's how pop coaches recently... And when he does play, he will be pulled immediately for mistakes and not even another chance for months, and if he plays great, he will be inexplicably benched next game to team him a lesson... Eventually he will become to old to have any trade value because he will have the stats of a scrub or marginal role player at 27

RC_Drunkford
07-31-2021, 08:52 PM
:pop: „who is this 16-year old boy?“
“that’s our new lottery draft pick“
:pop: „send him to school. He can play in the G-League and learn in 2025.“

slick'81
07-31-2021, 08:59 PM
He won't play for at least 2 years .. I wish that weren't the case, bit that's how pop coaches recently... And when he does play, he will be pulled immediately for mistakes and not even another chance for months, and if he plays great, he will be inexplicably benched next game to team him a lesson... Eventually he will become to old to have any trade value because he will have the stats of a scrub or marginal role player at 27

Pop wont even be alive long enough to ruin this kid

Marcus Bryant
07-31-2021, 09:36 PM

1. Murray
2. White
3. Walker
4. Johnson
5. Jacob

Bench
1. Tre
2. Vassel
3. Bates diop
4. Semanic

As few as possible.

Atl Spur
07-31-2021, 09:40 PM
Pop wont even be alive long enough to ruin this kid

That’s not cool.

pad300
07-31-2021, 09:41 PM

1. Murray
2. White
3. Walker
4. Johnson
5. Jacob

Bench
1. Tre
2. Vassel
3. Bates diop
4. Semanic

Whatever else be said, this will not be close to the roster. The Salary Floor exists. The Spurs must spend significantly this offseason... That is why I suspect we will put a max in front of John Collins (he's the least bad of the options). Don't know if he takes it, nor if the Hawks match, but I suspect it will be offered.

slick'81
07-31-2021, 09:43 PM
That’s not cool.

Dont worry hes only got two more years to coach

MultiTroll
07-31-2021, 10:49 PM
:lol hilarious.

Not very accurate, but funny. You also forgot the "It's been 4 years and this guy is a bust, why is this guys still in the roster?", with all the newb/fabbs variations like "Pop shoulda traded this scrub on a rookie deal for Giannis when his stock was high after having two double-digit back to back games!111!!!!"
Are you talking about me? :lol

Draft night re #12 babyface:

Have faith in Spurs drafting you critical idiots.

Just because the dictator has drug the org in loserdom does not mean the excellent draft finds won't continue.

I like the pick. Bookmark it.

TD 21
07-31-2021, 10:53 PM
Whatever else be said, this will not be close to the roster. The Salary Floor exists. The Spurs must spend significantly this offseason... That is why I suspect we will put a max in front of John Collins (he's the least bad of the options). Don't know if he takes it, nor if the Hawks match, but I suspect it will be offered.

I believe the penalty for not reaching the salary floor (90% of the cap) is to divvy up the the amount under it to the roster.

widowmaker
08-01-2021, 02:24 PM

I don’t think Collins will take it. These Olympics have been very telling on how a lot of players around the league feel about playing in San Antonio or for the Spurs to be more specific. IF ANYONE gets signed it will be some washed up guy or somebody who is looking to prove they are healthy coming off of injuries.

Atl Spur
08-01-2021, 02:27 PM
I don’t think Collins will take it. These Olympics have been very telling on how a lot of players around the league feel about playing in San Antonio or for the Spurs to be more specific. IF ANYONE gets signed it will be some washed up guy or somebody who is looking to prove they are healthy coming off of injuries.

Nah, players like money! Hopefully we make a splash.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-01-2021, 04:22 PM
Mr. Body, I hope you’re right. I’ve been bummed about my Spurs since draft night. Hopefully they saw what most other teams and none of the talking heads saw in this kid. At 20 to 30 in the draft I’d of been ok with the pick. I was hoping SA could get someone with some shooting and length who could help now.

Manu&Duncan fan
08-01-2021, 04:34 PM

Yes plant-based diet does help reducing injury and prolonging sport life. There is a documentary (The Gamer Changer). I hope Pop recommends it to all spurs players.

widowmaker
08-01-2021, 05:13 PM
Nah, players like money! Hopefully we make a splash.

I doubt it

ElNono
08-02-2021, 01:29 AM
Are you talking about me? :lol

Draft night re #12 babyface:

Yes, I was talking about you, Fabbs... but I was just kidding.

LaMarcus Bryant
08-02-2021, 07:27 AM
Sorta. The point of the post was that many of us were wrong about Primo. Then timvp posts some made up bitch fest about something completely different. Then users flock in to blow him.

It's just stupid.

:lmao

Yeah I woulda said the cycle for the last 5 years is What The Fuck is Wrong with PATFO and that's it.
I hope you're right about Primo. But PATFO have given no reason to have faith at this point.

Brazil
08-02-2021, 08:56 AM

:lol tbh...

Rummpd
08-02-2021, 10:06 AM
All you posters off base FO blew this terribly no matter how spun. Even if kid pans out he could have been had later.

SAGirl
08-02-2021, 03:22 PM
Didn't know who he was when drafted, but after watching some highlights and interviews, I think he's definitely someone who can add things the team needs. I am really excited to see him play. I am in.

-----------
For the draft in general, that's an interesting topic that won't be sorted out from years. However I am excited by his add to the team for sure.

Dingle Barry
08-02-2021, 10:56 PM
Sengun will be garbage in today's NBA. The only positive to the Primo pick is that he's not Sengun.

Mr. Body
10-04-2021, 09:58 PM
*cough cough*

SAGirl
10-04-2021, 10:13 PM
Hmmmm looking good.

ducks
10-04-2021, 10:27 PM
I am being facetious, of course, but holy moly what a second-half coming out party for Primo. He's got 13 points in 10 minutes and still hasn't missed a shot (5 of 5).

raybies
10-05-2021, 03:40 PM

2.5. I think he’ll make the Hall of Fame

well that's me right here...

Leetonidas
10-05-2021, 03:46 PM
I am being facetious, of course, but holy moly what a second-half coming out party for Primo. He's got 13 points in 10 minutes and still hasn't missed a shot (5 of 5).

You didn't type this :lol

Sugus
10-05-2021, 11:43 PM

I thought you were kidding at first, but he really didn't lmfao

fucking ducks :lmao

playbonner15
10-06-2021, 07:48 AM
I thought you were kidding at first, but he really didn't lmfao

fucking ducks :lmao

so ducks is really jeff mcdonald????

raybies
10-06-2021, 08:44 AM
so ducks is really jeff mcdonald????

that would actually make so much sense LUL no wonder his takes are soo ass

ElNono
10-09-2021, 03:03 AM
This thread has classic potential, tbh... OP easily one of the worst posters here since tholdren's caregiver disconnected his internet...

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-09-2021, 04:21 AM

I knew the second I read it, too. :lol

Just like any Trump slurper, all Ducks knows how to do is repeat what other people say, and follow orders. “March ‘em to the gas chamber? Whatever you say, boss!”

Kurik
06-29-2022, 04:52 PM
Murray is out.

Chinook
06-29-2022, 05:12 PM
Looks like we're all in now, riding with Primo as the new franchise player. We'll see. This would be one of the biggest called-shots in NBA history

Mr. Body
06-29-2022, 05:30 PM
Nah, we'll trade off Primo in two years.

KingKev
06-30-2022, 04:10 AM
Nah, we'll trade off Primo in two years.

LOL if he has any trade value

playbonner15
06-30-2022, 06:44 AM
Looks like we're all in now, riding with Primo as the new franchise player. We'll see. This would be one of the biggest called-shots in NBA history
So with Dejounte gone, is Primo now the starting PG?

Chinook
06-30-2022, 07:22 AM

Could be Jones for a year, but timvp's article says Josh is PG of the future.

KingKev
06-30-2022, 07:30 AM

it has to be Tre Jones atleast to start the year and maybe Primo takes over mid season if he shows he can actually play point. Tre Jones is going to be in line for a nice offseason in 2023 imo.

The Truth #6
06-30-2022, 08:48 AM
I expect some, uh, growing pains with Primo as a point guard. Next year we will lose a bunch, but how we lose (and play) is going to be interesting to see.

cd98
06-30-2022, 09:47 AM
It will be fun to watch our young guys and also fun to see our lottery odds finally go up. This was long overdue, but maybe the Spurs didn't see a player that was worth this until the next draft.

John B
06-30-2022, 09:55 AM
Dawn of the new era. Let’s go!

Joseph Kony
03-24-2023, 03:46 PM

:lmao :lmao seething because timvp wrecked your dumbass along with the majority of the people in this thread

Joseph Kony
03-24-2023, 03:47 PM

It's just stupid.

is this why you made that stupid ass draft thread full of kindergarten level analysis, so you could be more like timvp? fucking loser :lol

Mr. Body
03-24-2023, 03:50 PM
LMAO

Obsessed.

Joseph Kony
03-24-2023, 03:53 PM
This thread has classic potential, tbh... OP easily one of the worst posters here since tholdren's caregiver disconnected his internet...
:lmao :lmao

:cry why dont people like me like timvp :cry

Leetonidas
03-24-2023, 04:01 PM
:lol this guy has the audacity to call anyone an idiot

Mr. Body
03-24-2023, 04:40 PM
:lol this guy has the audacity to call anyone an idiot

Sometimes I say cretin or horseface.

Mr. Body
03-24-2023, 04:45 PM
If you kiddies really want a re-eval. The pick should have been Sengun. But take a look at that draft. Let me know if you need pointers on how to use google to find the information. The only other player that has been any good is Trey Murphy. Tre Mann has sorta been okay, but not really. It's legit a really, really bad draft from then on.

So... the Spurs actually did a pretty great maneuver taking a guy perceived to be later in the round higher, because the draft at that point was pretty lousy. Again, should have been Sengun. Murphy is a bit of a surprise, as he wasn't really that great at Virginia.

Again, to spell it out. Should have picked Sengun. Picking Primo wasn't terrible, considering. He needed work, but anyone at that point did and I wasn't writing him off.

What happened with him later is a separate issue than the draft pick itself. I suspect you know this but are pretending to be too stupid to understand.

Verdict: Sengun should have been the pick. Primo was not a bad pick there.

timtonymanu
03-24-2023, 06:31 PM

:lmao reading this after the Primo incident

offset formation
03-24-2023, 08:35 PM
This board...chef's kiss of vile hatred.

rascal
03-24-2023, 09:07 PM

It's just stupid.

Yeah, you were wrong about Primo.

rascal
03-24-2023, 09:09 PM
If you kiddies really want a re-eval. The pick should have been Sengun. But take a look at that draft. Let me know if you need pointers on how to use google to find the information. The only other player that has been any good is Trey Murphy. Tre Mann has sorta been okay, but not really. It's legit a really, really bad draft from then on.

So... the Spurs actually did a pretty great maneuver taking a guy perceived to be later in the round higher, because the draft at that point was pretty lousy. Again, should have been Sengun. Murphy is a bit of a surprise, as he wasn't really that great at Virginia.

Again, to spell it out. Should have picked Sengun. Picking Primo wasn't terrible, considering. He needed work, but anyone at that point did and I wasn't writing him off.

What happened with him later is a separate issue than the draft pick itself. I suspect you know this but are pretending to be too stupid to understand.

Primo was a horrible pick. He wasn't even very good.

offset formation
03-24-2023, 09:13 PM
Primo was a horrible pick. He wasn't even very good.

If he were he'd be back in the League already. He'll eventually find his way back in somewhere probably but I doubt he's ever a consistent NBA starter year after year

rascal
03-24-2023, 09:25 PM
:lmao :lmao seething because timvp wrecked your dumbass along with the majority of the people in this thread

Op is full of himself.

rascal
03-24-2023, 09:27 PM
If he were he'd be back in the League already. He'll eventually find his way back in somewhere probably but I doubt he's ever a consistent NBA starter year after year

Doubt he ever plays in the NBA again. He wasn't very good and now taking time off.

Gagnrath
03-25-2023, 11:32 AM
Doubt he ever plays in the NBA again. He wasn't very good and now taking time off.
Eh, Depends top Euro Money is pretty good but doesn't touch league average mid/level rotation player salary.
Top Asia money can be decent and if you get the right team you can be kinda like a local god celeb, which is fun his flashiness may Like that. (not sure he's quite the player to get that and depends a lot on his agent getting him into the right spot.)

Lots of guys who could cultivate nice livings at either of those really prefer the NBA due to money and life in a situation they culturally know/understand.

The issue is that there are world wide about 1500 people in any given year that have the basketball ability to really compete in the NBA. If you are in that select group you really do know it and have the opportunity to make very good money at basketball.

There's about another 3000 that can compete in basketball and make the equivalent of $75,000 per year which is average salary for most top level leagues, you will make some more from endorsements and other stuff but you also have expenses with that. If you are a part of that top roughly 5000 basketball players in the world the NBA has eyes on you and you are getting guides and offers towards making it happen unless you make clear you are heading for top Euro/Asia goals and that you aren't interested in the NBA, Even then if you are under 30 they will waive money at you. If you stand any shot at being in the top 5000 basketball players world wide and or 10,000 soccer players you have people in your ear trying to push you towards that and trying to get into/share your pockets. You're likely to get offers especially if you already showed up there for a minute and people know. He also didn't completely flame out. He popped up in National News for a day or two, San Antonio news for a couple of weeks. 2025 he'll get a camp invite or two and if he works/wants it especially if he progresses as a basketball player and person can easily be a bench guy by start of 2026/27 season.

Mr. Body
03-25-2023, 11:48 AM
Primo was still like 19 when he was released, right? Writing him off at that point is stupid. He was showing flashes.

I invite the bright minds of the board to tell us who should have been selected instead of Primo at that spot. I already said Sengun should have been the pick. Always said that. And then Murphy.

Discounting those two, put your money where your ugly little mouths are. Who would you have picked?

exstatic
03-25-2023, 11:56 AM
Eh, Depends top Euro Money is pretty good but doesn't touch league average mid/level rotation player salary.
Top Asia money can be decent and if you get the right team you can be kinda like a local god celeb, which is fun his flashiness may Like that. (not sure he's quite the player to get that and depends a lot on his agent getting him into the right spot.)

Lots of guys who could cultivate nice livings at either of those really prefer the NBA due to money and life in a situation they culturally know/understand.

The issue is that there are world wide about 1500 people in any given year that have the basketball ability to really compete in the NBA. If you are in that select group you really do know it and have the opportunity to make very good money at basketball.

There's about another 3000 that can compete in basketball and make the equivalent of $75,000 per year which is average salary for most top level leagues, you will make some more from endorsements and other stuff but you also have expenses with that. If you are a part of that top roughly 5000 basketball players in the world the NBA has eyes on you and you are getting guides and offers towards making it happen unless you make clear you are heading for top Euro/Asia goals and that you aren't interested in the NBA, Even then if you are under 30 they will waive money at you. If you stand any shot at being in the top 5000 basketball players world wide and or 10,000 soccer players you have people in your ear trying to push you towards that and trying to get into/share your pockets. You're likely to get offers especially if you already showed up there for a minute and people know. He also didn't completely flame out. He popped up in National News for a day or two, San Antonio news for a couple of weeks. 2025 he'll get a camp invite or two and if he works/wants it especially if he progresses as a basketball player and person can easily be a bench guy by start of 2026/27 season.

You don’t understand tort law at all. Teams know what he is, and anyone who signs him could be at least partially liable for any of his ‘activities’. He’s beyond radioactive, in NBA terms. Not worth the risk. Not good enough.

Ariel
03-25-2023, 11:58 AM
He was showing flashes.
Indeed he was :lol

Truth be told, it was a very underwhelming draft. The one true miss was Sengun, because he was better and that much was obvious. Aside from that, Trey Murphy would have been much better, and you could add Herb Jones, but if we were to miss big, that was the draft. Really meh.

The Truth #6
03-25-2023, 05:02 PM
Is this thread to bash Primo or Mr. Body, or both? You son of a bitch, I’m in! Lol.

scott
03-25-2023, 07:40 PM
Still not mad at picking Primo over Sengun. At least Primo was a swing (and a miss) at the fences. Sengun is just another guy like Keldon: puts up nice looking stats on a shit team, but isn’t a true building block. Would be a nice rotation piece on an actual good team, but isn’t going to be the reason you’re a contender.

If we draft Sengun instead of Primo, it might have given us enough confidence to keep DJM and keep pushing for that play-in spot, and we’re stuck on that treadmill forever. It’s not like we took Primo at 11 and passed up Giannis or Kawhi a few spots later… Sengun isn’t anyone to lose sleep over.

DPG21920
03-26-2023, 10:55 AM
Still not mad at picking Primo over Sengun. At least Primo was a swing (and a miss) at the fences. Sengun is just another guy like Keldon: puts up nice looking stats on a shit team, but isn’t a true building block. Would be a nice rotation piece on an actual good team, but isn’t going to be the reason you’re a contender.

If we draft Sengun instead of Primo, it might have given us enough confidence to keep DJM and keep pushing for that play-in spot, and we’re stuck on that treadmill forever. It’s not like we took Primo at 11 and passed up Giannis or Kawhi a few spots later… Sengun isn’t anyone to lose sleep over.

I disagree with this part. A lot of us never saw the upside in Primo. I dont think it’s a fair characterization of Primo or situation to say he was some super high upside, big downside pick. Thats what upset most of us and shocked so many scouts that he went as high as he did. He lacked athleticism, wasn’t already some pure big PG and there were serious questions about what the upside was even if he panned out.

Im fine with not getting Sengun too - it was not end of world taking Primo; but he was no where near some high reward risk IMVHO

Dejounte
03-26-2023, 01:06 PM
A lot of us never saw the upside in Primo…

Who exactly on this forum do you think merits a statement like that? There are plenty of players in the NBA that Spurstalk never saw coming, including their own DJ Murray. A lot of folks here wanted him kicked off by year 3. This place isn’t the best judge of talent as much as you think it is. Saying “a lot” doesn’t really mean anything when there are only a few here that’s actually serious about it.

Every single person here is just a regular Joe and just because there are 100 regular Joes who may believe the same thing doesn’t justify it any more than one Joe believing it. No one here is an expert (including myself). Doesn’t matter how eloquently you write, how well you interpret stats, or how long you’ve been following the NBA.

What’s worse is you have some guys who don’t even put in that much effort but are the loudest. Those are your “voices of ST”. They watch a 3 minute highlight video and think they know it all. Or they saw one counting stat and think they’re mathematicians.

scott
03-26-2023, 03:41 PM
I disagree with this part. A lot of us never saw the upside in Primo. I dont think it’s a fair characterization of Primo or situation to say he was some super high upside, big downside pick. Thats what upset most of us and shocked so many scouts that he went as high as he did. He lacked athleticism, wasn’t already some pure big PG and there were serious questions about what the upside was even if he panned out.

Im fine with not getting Sengun too - it was not end of world taking Primo; but he was no where near some high reward risk IMVHO

Well, the Spurs FO saw it - and their track record certainly holds more weight than the talent evaluators of ST.com. Yes, this is certainly “sniffer” mentality, but I still believe the Spurs track record of talent identification, evaluation, and development earns them some benefit of the doubt. Until they start blowing pick after pick for years on end, or there is a wholesale change in the FO, they’ll have that benefit of the doubt.

scott
03-26-2023, 03:44 PM
Who exactly on this forum do you think merits a statement like that? There are plenty of players in the NBA that Spurstalk never saw coming, including their own DJ Murray. A lot of folks here wanted him kicked off by year 3. This place isn’t the best judge of talent as much as you think it is. Saying “a lot” doesn’t really mean anything when there are only a few here that’s actually serious about it.

Every single person here is just a regular Joe and just because there are 100 regular Joes who may believe the same thing doesn’t justify it any more than one Joe believing it. No one here is an expert (including myself). Doesn’t matter how eloquently you write, how well you interpret stats, or how long you’ve been following the NBA.

What’s worse is you have some guys who don’t even put in that much effort but are the loudest. Those are your “voices of ST”. They watch a 3 minute highlight video and think they know it all. Or they saw one counting stat and think they’re mathematicians.

For the bibliography, I’ll add the Zac Collins thread as a reference to this post.

ST.com is like any other website - filled with regular people who possess an over-inflated sense of the value of their own opinions. At least it’s not Twitter.

Dejounte
03-26-2023, 04:07 PM
For the bibliography, I’ll add the Zac Collins thread as a reference to this post.

ST.com is like any other website - filled with regular people who possess an over-inflated sense of the value of their own opinions. At least it’s not Twitter.

What’s ironic here is that DPG complains about ST not recognizing the talent of the current roster in other threads but in his post here he’s leaning on the same crowd for their opinion on Primo. Which is it, man?

DPG21920
03-26-2023, 04:18 PM
Well, the Spurs FO saw it - and their track record certainly holds more weight than the talent evaluators of ST.com. Yes, this is certainly “sniffer” mentality, but I still believe the Spurs track record of talent identification, evaluation, and development earns them some benefit of the doubt. Until they start blowing pick after pick for years on end, or there is a wholesale change in the FO, they’ll have that benefit of the doubt.

You know me - Im very much team FO on most things other than last 4-5 years; but I’ve always said they are amazing drafters even in that period. Im saying, even with the usual “sniffer” mentality here quote unquote, that more than usual were dismayed at the pick and didn’t see upside..

Putting ST aside though and just looking at “expert” opinions only? There was not a lot that thought or argued about his high upside. He was a meh prospect and very limited due to athletic profile on his upside and I just think its a bit revisionist to justify the pick (there are plenty of reasons to sort of justify it otherwise big picture) due to “upside”

DPG21920
03-26-2023, 04:20 PM
What’s ironic here is that DPG complains about ST not recognizing the talent of the current roster in other threads but in his post here he’s leaning on the same crowd for their opinion on Primo. Which is it, man?

Lol - so because something in general is true (ST not valuing our guys overall) means EVERYTHING is wrong? Thats how children think tbh….and, if you read what I wrote, I very intentionally mentioned OUTSIDE of ST as well; as in mock drafts and write ups about Primo (whether it was TIMVP or the usual main draft guru sites)

DPG21920
03-26-2023, 04:27 PM
Like Luka was an “upside” pick. His ceiling/archetype was very valuable but we knew there was bust potential. But his athletic profile etc made it a very risky boom or bust style pick. I dont think Primo was widely viewed like that. He didnt have that upside narrative outside of age; but it was not about his athleticism and overall upside more about his versatility and shooting translating and flashing some ability to handle PG abilities in a pinch.

Dejounte
03-26-2023, 04:27 PM
Lol - so because something in general is true (ST not valuing our guys overall) means EVERYTHING is wrong? Thats how children think tbh….and, if you read what I wrote, I very intentionally mentioned OUTSIDE of ST as well; as in mock drafts and write ups about Primo (whether it was TIMVP or the usual main draft guru sites)

No, I was pointing out an inconsistency in your views in an attempt to make you re-think your position. It’s what adults do when they engage in discussion. My apologies, I thought I was talking to one.

DPG21920
03-26-2023, 04:32 PM
No, I was pointing out an inconsistency in your views in an attempt to make you re-think your position. It’s what adults do when they engage in discussion. My apologies, I thought I was talking to one.

What is there to rethink? I didnt think he had upside when he was drafted. Spurs thinking that doesnt change my mind and what did he show that would have? We have the data now. It’s not inconsistency - it was one of the few times where even the usual sniffers were like meh on him. Thats not contracting my position at all that a lot of the time people here sh*t on Spurs youth. It aligns with it since they thought he sucked too lol

DPG21920
03-26-2023, 04:51 PM
Also you need to chill IMVHO. You come off as emotionally unstable. You jumped in on a comment to someone else all aggressive & when I didn’t see it your way you immediately jump to “I thought this was an adult conversation” :lol. Like what?

Was I rude to you? Did I scream and yell? Does your logic work in reverse (since you didn’t change your opinion based on what I said are you no longer an adult?)

It’s a difference of opinion and it’s going to happen again. Might as well learn to chill about it

TD 21
03-26-2023, 04:52 PM
If anything, the masses here generally overrate Spurs youth which is typical in sports where the majority are myopic and biased.

Dejounte
03-26-2023, 05:00 PM
Also you need to chill IMVHO. You come off as emotionally unstable. You jumped in on a comment to someone else all aggressive & when I didn’t see it your way you immediately jump to “I thought this was an adult conversation” :lol. Like what?

Was I rude to you? Did I scream and yell? Does your logic work in reverse (since you didn’t change your opinion based on what I said are you no longer an adult?)

It’s a difference of opinion and it’s going to happen again. Might as well learn to chill about it

Sensitive much? What’s with this weird gas lighting? You’re the dude who started it with “that’s how children think…” as if that wasn’t coming off as an ass. If you can’t take it, don’t dish it. Read your own posts before you start acting like a crybaby and lying about whose coming off as aggressive. It’s so presumptuous that that’s your takeaway from just a few written sentences :lmao

DPG21920
03-26-2023, 05:35 PM
Lol ok

Drom John
03-31-2023, 10:22 AM

Generally agree that 2021 wan't a good draft year, but by basketball-reference VORP, the redraft available at #11 with career positive VORP so far would be:

#11 (4 if starting redraft at #1) Murphy
#12 (6) Sengun
#13 (7) Herbert Jones
#14 (8) Grimes
#15 (9) Hyland
#16 (10) Aldama
#17 (11) Bassey
#18 (12) Isaiah Jackson
#19 (14) Jalen Johnson
#20 (15) Garuba
#21 (16) Sims
#22 (18) Springer
#23 (19) Robinson-Earl
#24 (20) Garza
#25 (21) Mamukelashvili
#26 and below all have zero VORP or worse.

Switching to redraft starting at #1 (actual draft)
#47 (11) Primo, better than
#48 (10) Ziare Williams
#51 (5) Suggs
#53 (9) Davion Mitchell

scott
07-10-2023, 10:06 PM

Need to adjusted the Life Cycle to account for unanticipated dick flashing.

vy65
01-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Some of the posts regarding BWrong's drafting prowess reminded me of this gem of a thread.

timtonymanu
01-04-2024, 03:16 PM
ROFL OP supporting a predator. He should never post here again.

scott
01-04-2024, 03:39 PM
OP needs to shoot himself in the head.

GAustex
01-04-2024, 03:41 PM
OP should’ve bet the under

K...
01-04-2024, 03:55 PM
sigh, we had actual NBA players back then like poertle and Richardson. it's no coincidence that we suck because we traded all our well rounded vets for marginal talents and 3p shooting specialists. Its stupid to argue that last years would not be a 500 side if they didnt trade the vets . But they did and most would say rightfully so, so i don't see what the problem is. Even after tanking our chances at wenby weren't great, Thank fate for your ability to gloat at this point.

everyone blaming pop is ignoring that the kind of coaching we need is coaching from on the court.

Chinook
01-04-2024, 05:56 PM
This was arguably the only wholesome meme ST had. Shame it fell apart so quickly.

spurraider21
01-04-2024, 06:05 PM
This was arguably the only wholesome meme ST had. Shame it fell apart so quickly.
it still hurts

baseline bum
01-04-2024, 07:01 PM
it still hurts

bend over, I'll make it still hurt

spurraider21
01-04-2024, 07:10 PM
bend over, I'll make it still hurt

baseline bum
01-04-2024, 07:15 PM

they were selling your shit

Chinook