View Full Version : Spurs Can't Be Done

TD 21
08-03-2021, 04:24 PM
Young/McDermott/Samanic/Aminu
Johnson/Vassell/Wieskamp
Poeltl/Eubanks/Collins
White/Walker IV/Primo
Murray/Jones

Still $6M in cap space and a glaring need at backup PG (Hill?).

Sure, Wieskamp could receive a two-way, but that seems unlikely.

Even if it's just an Aminu buyout, something's got to give.

timvp
08-03-2021, 04:26 PM
I want to see Murray, White and Jones play point guard.

They can sign some emergency vet if they want but I don't want a player getting in the way of those three.

Dejounte
08-03-2021, 04:26 PM
They rarely start the season with 15 players. They always keep one slot open for flexibility.

Leetonidas
08-03-2021, 04:27 PM
Possibly. It also depends on the order in which the moves are executed and if any are expanded to be S&T deals.

slick'81
08-03-2021, 04:27 PM
Oh they're done :lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
08-03-2021, 04:29 PM
I'd expect Aminu to be waived and another shooter signed.

Darius Bieber
08-03-2021, 04:29 PM
Nope they're done and on pace for 10 wins. Chet is the goal, although he'll probably be Kwame Brown 2.0

RC_Drunkford
08-03-2021, 04:30 PM
They might try to re-route one or both of Aminu/Young. Question is to which team? Do the Dubs have room for one of them? Sign-and-trade for Kelly Oubre?

dbestpro
08-03-2021, 04:33 PM
This id it. Pop might actually get better results from this team without the prima donnas.

duncan2150
08-03-2021, 04:33 PM
Young/McDermott/Samanic/Aminu
Johnson/Vassell/Wieskamp
Poeltl/Eubanks/Collins
White/Walker IV/Primo
Murray/Jones

Still $6M in cap space and a glaring need at backup PG (Hill?).

Sure, Wieskamp could receive a two-way, but that seems unlikely.

Even if it's just an Aminu buyout, something's got to give.

I think we need a guy inside, Poetl and Eubanks ( assuming Collins will not play until january february) are the only bigs of the team.

Big Empty
08-03-2021, 04:34 PM
Maybe this is the year we finally see the legend Robertas Javtokus HA

LeBowen
Tbh, roster looks balanced now.
(not saying good, but balanced)

Murray, White and Jones as playmakers. All of them different types, but most importantly positive defenders.

Lonnie as someone who'll get the chance to develop into a 3-level scorer.

Vassell as a 3-D guy and maybe something more if he improves his handles.

Keldon as the main wing. Has all the necessary tools to become an all-star level player.

Mcdermott and Wieskamp as 3-no D wings. Really important for spacing considering none of our guys are comfortable with pulling up from deep. They need the spacing.

Poeltl as a decent starting big. Most importantly he's a good rim protector. Hopefully he fixes his FTs.

Thad Young as the veteran forward who can play some minutes at C. He's way better than people think he is.

Eubanks as the designated high energy scrub.

Samanic and Collins as reclamation projects / charity cases. Hopefully one of them is useful this season.

Aminu probably gets waived and Primo spends the season in Austin.

Kurik
I think we need a guy inside, Poetl and Eubanks ( assuming Collins will not play until january february) are the only bigs of the team.

Thad plays power forward.

baseline bum
08-03-2021, 04:36 PM

They can sign some emergency vet if they want but I don't want a player getting in the way of those three.

I want to fuck Angie Dickinson, see who gets lucky first

timvp
08-03-2021, 04:36 PM
Tbh, roster looks balanced now.
(not saying good, but balanced)

Murray, White and Jones as playmakers. All of them different types, but most importantly positive defenders.

Lonnie as someone who'll get the chance to develop into a 3-level scorer.

Vassell as a 3-D guy and maybe something more if he improves his handles.

Keldon as the main wing. Has all the necessary tools to become an all-star level player.

Mcdermott and Wieskamp as 3-no D wings. Really important for spacing considering none of our guys are comfortable with pulling up from deep. They need the spacing.

Poeltl as a decent starting big. Most importantly he's a good rim protector. Hopefully he fixes his FTs.

Thad Young as the veteran forward who can play some minutes at C. He's way better than people think he is.

Eubanks as the designated high energy scrub.

Samanic and Collins as reclamation projects / charity cases. Hopefully one of them is useful this season.

Aminu probably gets waived and Primo spends the season in Austin.

Young was surprisingly damn good as a small ball center last year. He looks too small but it somehow works.

If the Spurs are actually trying to win games (and he hasn't already been flipped for a draft asset), expect to see Young-at-center lineups in key moments.

dbestpro
08-03-2021, 04:38 PM
Most likely one more signing. No buy outs coming when both bigs could be sent at the trade deadline for picks. Tbh, both bigs are the kind of guys you want during a playoff run.

TD 21
08-03-2021, 04:42 PM

More so someone who can defend the position, but really a combo guard who can shoot would be ideal. Hill checks every box and is injury prone, so I wouldn't worry about Jones not receiving a real opportunity.

White is injury prone and the team is too light on shot creation/firepower. Hill or whoever isn't diminishing their odds at a top few pick, just might help them look closer to an NBA team.

That can be solved on a two-way. I wouldn't waste a standard when Collins should supposedly be back a few months into the season and Young can play some small ball five (and did so alongside Markkanen last season). So can Aminu, if he remains on the roster.

duncan2150
08-03-2021, 04:44 PM

LeBowen
08-03-2021, 04:45 PM
Young was surprisingly damn good as a small ball center last year. He looks too small but it somehow works.

If the Spurs are actually trying to win games (and he hasn't already been flipped for a draft asset), expect to see Young-at-center lineups in key moments.

Yeah. I haven't seen much of him for the Bulls, but he was great for the Pacers.
He's good at PF against teams with two bigs and can easily play C against teams with no post presence.

Really good all-round player and a model professional from what I've seen. High character guy, Pop's favorite.

Idk why he went from 3.5 3PA with the Pacers to 0.7 with the Bulls.
But his assists skyrocketed to 4.3.

Definitely an upgrade over Rudy if you ask me.
Same goes for Doug over Patty.

Hopefully he does well and then gets traded on the deadline.

Blackhaus
08-03-2021, 04:45 PM
Please no signing a vet at any position. Let’s play this youth and see what we have

Dejounte
08-03-2021, 04:46 PM
Sink or swim finally without vets in the way

win/win with either result: another lottery pick, or get to see one or several of the youth take the next step

this season is going to be fun to watch

ducks
08-03-2021, 04:46 PM
Of course not pop will quite and then the new coach will fire all the assistance and they will not be able to find work this time of the year (all jobs filled now )
Pop is so nice Not !

Atl Spur
08-03-2021, 04:47 PM
I don’t think we’re done

Chinook
They also have Jeffries on what could br a guaranteed deal and KBD on a deal that could be guaranteed if he signs his QO. They certainly need a consolidation trade right now. Without the McD and Collins signings, the trade could've made sense as a finishing move. Right now, it doesn't.

ducks
Sink or swim finally without vets in the way

win/win with either result: another lottery pick, or get to see one or several of the youth take the next step

this season is going to be fun to watchhe funny he like suns come out of nowhere

duncan2150
08-03-2021, 04:49 PM
More so someone who can defend the position, but really a combo guard who can shoot would be ideal. Hill checks every box and is injury prone, so I wouldn't worry about Jones not receiving a real opportunity.

White is injury prone and the team is too light on shot creation/firepower. Hill or whoever isn't diminishing their odds at a top few pick, just might help them look closer to an NBA team.

That can be solved on a two-way. I wouldn't waste a standard when Collins should supposedly be back a few months into the season and Young can play some small ball five (and did so alongside Markkanen last season). So can Aminu, if he remains on the roster.

i don't disagree a two way or a one year deal for a project could be good.

SAGirl
08-03-2021, 04:58 PM
I don’t assume Zollins will play this season at all.

spurs50_
08-03-2021, 05:08 PM
Can this roster win 26 games ,or whatever amount it is ,for Popovich to break the record?… I want his ass out the door, he sucks the life out of this team.

duncan2150
08-03-2021, 05:09 PM

Yes that's why i think we could add a 4/5.

duncan2150
08-03-2021, 05:09 PM

Yes that's why i think we could add a 4/5.

Dennis the Menace
08-03-2021, 05:12 PM
Going for the number 1 draft pick next year. I’m down.

KingKev
08-03-2021, 05:14 PM
Oh they're done :lol

haha when did they start

objective
08-03-2021, 05:15 PM
The Disabled Player Exception they get for Collins when they apply for it around Christmas will be worth about $3.5 million

spurraider21
08-03-2021, 05:17 PM
They also have Jeffries on what could br a guaranteed deal and KBD on a deal that could be guaranteed if he signs his QO. They certainly need a consolidation trade right now. Without the McD and Collins signings, the trade could've made sense as a finishing move. Right now, it doesn't.
what would that look like, tbh?

200 miles
08-03-2021, 05:42 PM

Dickinson c. 1960, c. 1980 or today?

KingKev
08-03-2021, 05:44 PM
The Disabled Player Exception they get for Collins when they apply for it around Christmas will be worth about $3.5 million

is there a mentally disabled coach/gm exception?

baseline bum
08-03-2021, 05:49 PM
Dickinson c. 1960, c. 1980 or today?

Would it be wrong to say all of the above?

MultiTroll
08-03-2021, 05:54 PM
Age 89.
Eww.

False Charge DMC is your only competition.

SPURt
08-03-2021, 06:02 PM
Can we get a slow chant going? “Oubre… Oubre… Oubre…”

SPURt
08-03-2021, 06:02 PM
Can we get a slow chant going? “Oubre… Oubre… Oubre…”

RC_Drunkford
08-03-2021, 06:03 PM
there's some rumor swirling around about Young to the Nets, Kuzma to the Spurs and Dinwiddie to the Wizards. Not sure how realistic this is, but some reporter who covers the Nets mentioned it

jermaine
08-03-2021, 06:10 PM

Didn't this guy break a lef
G or something in a motorcycle accident??

Prime BEEF
08-03-2021, 06:13 PM
So is getting John Collins now impossible?

duncan2k5
08-03-2021, 06:14 PM
been saying this for a long time...white needs to come off the bench...he isn't good as a 2 guard...be the PG off the bench...and tired of these small lineups...lets get some size out there...size wins

Fusternino
08-03-2021, 06:18 PM
Do they need to sign second round picks to something beyond a two-way? KBD already on the team.

KobesAchilles
08-03-2021, 06:48 PM
Anybody else out there that is injured and out for the rest of the year who we can throw money at? Maybe Kiwi. I hope we can somehow get Klay Thompson

objective
08-03-2021, 06:53 PM
Do they need to sign second round picks to something beyond a two-way? KBD already on the team.

All they have to do to keep rights is to offer an unguaranteed minimum year.

Most players don't force the issue because they'll get cut before they make the team, like Ryan Richards and Jack McClinton. Every once in a while a player forces it because they believe in themselves, like KJ McDaniels when he declined the Hinkie trash deal (4 years unguaranteed)

MoSpur02
08-03-2021, 06:54 PM
If they waive Aminu whom I was a big fan of when he was with Portland, how much money would they have?

raybies
08-03-2021, 06:57 PM

or we can finally get scola... he still playing LUL

duncan2150
08-03-2021, 06:58 PM
If they waive Aminu whom I was a big fan of when he was with Portland, how much money would they have?

They would have 6 millions waiving or not aminu.

RC_Drunkford
08-03-2021, 07:00 PM

that would be stupid tbh. Just keep his contract on the roster so you can throw him in as a trade chip to make the numbers work. Expiring contracts are worth a lot in this league

JeffDuncan
08-03-2021, 07:00 PM

Spotrac puts Aminu’s cap hit at $10,183,800

That’s all I find so far.

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
08-03-2021, 07:22 PM
1. Tank and add picks
2. Repeat 1

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
08-03-2021, 07:22 PM
1. Tank and add picks
2. Repeat 1

Robz4000
08-03-2021, 07:32 PM
there's some rumor swirling around about Young to the Nets, Kuzma to the Spurs and Dinwiddie to the Wizards. Not sure how realistic this is, but some reporter who covers the Nets mentioned it

Would be absolutely disgusting. Don't want anything to do with Kuzma.

TheChillFactor
08-04-2021, 08:39 AM
you are absolutely correct, they added Bryn Forbes this morning.

Dejounte
08-04-2021, 08:42 AM
you are absolutely correct, they added Bryn Forbes this morning.

thread was made before Landale was added too

timvp
08-04-2021, 08:43 AM
"Spurs need another guard :cry"

Enter Bryn Forbes.

Great job. TD 21.

Dejounte
08-04-2021, 08:45 AM

Enter Bryn Forbes.

Great job. TD 21 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17781).

td 21 actually wanted Bryn before the offseason started. I thought he was crazy

callo1
08-04-2021, 01:27 PM
With John Collins off the table, picking just got slim.

Sugus
08-04-2021, 02:15 PM

Enter Bryn Forbes.

Great job. TD 21.

As cursed a thread as cursed threads can be, TBH :depressed

TD 21
08-04-2021, 03:56 PM

Enter Bryn Forbes.

Great job. TD 21 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17781).

Not sure how mentioning it = :cry . . . but that's funny coming from the guy who's done nothing but that this off season.

td 21 actually wanted Bryn before the offseason started. I thought he was crazy

Nah, I mentioned he'd be a fit as a fourth guard if they lost Mills, possibly traded Walker IV and signed a combo guard like Burks. Unlike most of this board, I generally try to operate within' the confines of what I could see them doing and don't just summarily dismiss things because I don't like the player(s) involved.