PDA

View Full Version : COVID Vaccines. Why not?

TDfan2007
08-04-2021, 03:19 PM
I want to hear from people who are on the fence about getting one of the vaccines, or who have decided against it. What are your reasons?

I'm a pediatric physician in Texas who has gotten the vaccine myself. I've seen the terrible toll of the virus firsthand and I'm watching this resurgence with tremendous frustration, because now it's affecting our kids at a higher rate. I want to better understand these decisions that people are making and hopefully open a dialogue.

Blake
08-04-2021, 04:14 PM
1. BeCauSe mUh riGhTs
2. BeCauSe i dOn't trUst vaCciNes

SnakeBoy
08-04-2021, 04:19 PM
Children are just little adults so why won't the FDA let them get vaccinated?

ducks
08-04-2021, 04:22 PM
"Many people worry that these vaccines were rushed into use and still do not have full FDA approval — they are currently being distributed under Emergency Use Authorizations," Goepfert said. "But because we have had so many people vaccinated, we actually have far more safety data than we have had for any other vaccine, and these COVID vaccines have an incredible safety track record. There should be confidence in that."

“The long-term side effects of COVID infection are a major concern. Up to 10 percent of people who have COVID experience side effects” such as difficulty thinking, pain, tiredness, loss of taste and depression. “We don’t know why that is, how long these symptoms will last or if there are effective ways to treat them. That is the most troubling unknown for me.”

https://www.uab.edu/reporter/resources/be-healthy/item/9544-what-are-the-long-term-side-effects-of-covid-vaccines-3-things-to-know

Thread
08-04-2021, 04:23 PM
I want to hear from people who are on the fence about getting one of the vaccines, or who have decided against it. What are your reasons?

I'm a pediatric physician in Texas who has gotten the vaccine myself. I've seen the terrible toll of the virus firsthand and I'm watching this resurgence with tremendous frustration, because now it's affecting our kids at a higher rate. I want to better understand these decisions that people are making and hopefully open a dialogue.

Go ahead and rush one thru for the under 12 crowd. I double dare ya.

Thread
08-04-2021, 04:24 PM
"Many people worry that these vaccines were rushed into use and still do not have full FDA approval — they are currently being distributed under Emergency Use Authorizations," Goepfert said. "But because we have had so many people vaccinated, we actually have far more safety data than we have had for any other vaccine, and these COVID vaccines have an incredible safety track record. There should be confidence in that."

“The long-term side effects of COVID infection are a major concern. Up to 10 percent of people who have COVID experience side effects” such as difficulty thinking, pain, tiredness, loss of taste and depression. “We don’t know why that is, how long these symptoms will last or if there are effective ways to treat them. That is the most troubling unknown for me.”

https://www.uab.edu/reporter/resources/be-healthy/item/9544-what-are-the-long-term-side-effects-of-covid-vaccines-3-things-to-know

Tell it, ducks.

Testify!!!

Thread
08-04-2021, 04:25 PM

Thread
08-04-2021, 04:26 PM

Tell it, Snake.

Testify, Boy!!!

Thread
08-04-2021, 04:27 PM
1. BeCauSe mUh riGhTs
2. BeCauSe i dOn't trUst vaCciNes

& because you politicized it and are now reaping the whirl wind.

boutons_deux
08-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Here's Dr. Michelle Fiscus, a former health official fired by the state of Tennessee for doing her job too well. This is what she told CNN:

"I think, you know, the other thing in Tennessee, and I think in a lot of our southern states what's happening is this ideology that

if you get this vaccine, you're somehow placating the left part of the political spectrum. :lol who's politicizing vaccine? :lol
And so, what we're actually seeing is our most hesitant population in Tennessee is

the white male rural conservative and that

they are stating that they're not going to get the vaccine, really, out of spite, and

are willing to put their own lives and the lives of people that they love at risk because

they feel that if they get the vaccine,

then they have, you know, placated the left or done what the Biden administration wants them to do."

https://www.rawstory.com/cawthorn-2654435446

Thread
08-04-2021, 04:33 PM
Here's Dr. Michelle Fiscus, a former health official fired by the state of Tennessee for doing her job too well. This is what she told CNN:

"I think, you know, the other thing in Tennessee, and I think in a lot of our southern states what's happening is this ideology that

if you get this vaccine, you're somehow placating the left part of the political spectrum.

And so, what we're actually seeing is our most hesitant population in Tennessee is

the white male rural conservative and that

they are stating that they're not going to get the vaccine, really, out of spite, and

are willing to put their own lives and the lives of people that they love at risk because

they feel that if they get the vaccine,

then they have, you know, placated the left or done what the Biden administration wants them to do."

https://www.rawstory.com/cawthorn-2654435446

California ain't no southern state and they've been locked down for 18 months and lead in deaths at 65k.

ducks
08-04-2021, 04:39 PM
I heard also that it does stuff to your dna
So that is messed up if true
That is why pregnant woman are not suppose to get it.
Heard if you want kids do not get it also

ducks
08-04-2021, 04:39 PM

DMX7
08-04-2021, 04:49 PM
& because you politicized it and are now reaping the whirl wind.

Blake (I assume) and I are vaccinated. We're not the ones dying from COVID because we didn't take the vaccine.... We did take it.

DMX7
08-04-2021, 04:51 PM

You heard? That's almost as good as reading something that was published in a peer reviewed medical journal with comprehensive data sets and analysis.

I heard eating Tide Pods is fun.

TDfan2007
08-04-2021, 05:09 PM

It does nothing to your DNA. Some of the vaccines are mRNA (different from DNA) and your body turns that tiny mRNA piece into the spike protein and then creates an immune response to that spike protein.

But if you're worried about the mRNA vaccine, just get the Johnson Johnson vaccine. It uses an INACTIVATED virus, which is technology that has been around for decades and used in vaccines that you got as a child.

This is part of why I wanted to have this discussion. There's a lot of misinformation out there, and you just pointed one of those pieces of misinformation out. I hope I was able to help

TDfan2007
08-04-2021, 05:12 PM

I have no idea what you were trying to accomplish by posting this, but the quotes in that article actually support vaccination, both from a safety standpoint and because of the many long term effects of COVID infections...

TDfan2007
08-04-2021, 05:15 PM
Tell it, Snake.

Testify, Boy!!!

They are not little adults, which is why the vaccine hasn't been approved for children under 12.

This fact is why it's so important for every qualifying adult to get vaccinated. Our children are counting on us to get vaccinated and stop the spread of COVID, because they can't get the vaccine at this time.

boutons_deux
08-04-2021, 05:21 PM
there's something really sick about rural culture, esp rural male culture, backwards, retrograde, just fucked up

ducks
08-04-2021, 05:24 PM
It does nothing to your DNA. Some of the vaccines are mRNA (different from DNA) and your body turns that tiny mRNA piece into the spike protein and then creates an immune response to that spike protein.

But if you're worried about the mRNA vaccine, just get the Johnson Johnson vaccine. It uses an INACTIVATED virus, which is technology that has been around for decades and used in vaccines that you got as a child.

This is part of why I wanted to have this discussion. There's a lot of misinformation out there, and you just pointed one of those pieces of misinformation out. I hope I was able to help
So why should woman who are expected not get it ?

Spurtacular
08-04-2021, 05:29 PM
Blue Santa Faggs having all kinds of convos with himself, tbh.

clambake
08-04-2021, 05:35 PM
They don’t use vaccines, they use ignorance. It’s their way of life.

Adam Lambert
08-04-2021, 05:38 PM

I think you mean 40% of adults are little children.

Reck
08-04-2021, 05:39 PM
Lol ducks thinks the vaccines mutates you.

SnakeBoy
08-04-2021, 05:51 PM
I heard chupacabra prefer the taste of vaccinated blood

spurraider21
08-04-2021, 06:02 PM
to answer OP, it's really simple

(R)

that is literally it

spurraider21
08-04-2021, 06:04 PM
I have no idea what you were trying to accomplish by posting this, but the quotes in that article actually support vaccination, both from a safety standpoint and because of the many long term effects of COVID infections...
his point is that the same people who complain about how we have too much red tape in the pharmaceutical industry and that drugs should be more easily approved are complaining that these vaccines havent gotten through all that red tape yet

spurraider21
08-04-2021, 06:06 PM
they absolutely should. my wife got it while pregnant, and there's even evidence that some of the immunity is passed on to the child, as they've seen the antibodies in umbilical cord blood

Leetonidas
08-04-2021, 06:23 PM

:lmao ducks can barely read. He probably only read the bottom half and thought it was talking about the side effects of the vaccine

This is why people don't get vaccinated. Because they're fuckin retarded and have no grasp of science whatsoever

TDfan2007
08-04-2021, 06:41 PM

That's another myth. Pregnant women were excluded in the initial studies, but many of the subjects became pregnant during the trials and had normal pregnancies. Again, the vaccine does not interfere with DNA and couldn't possibly affect the baby.

In fact, there's evidence that the antibodies that mom develops from the vaccine can be transferred to the baby and help protect the baby for a few months after birth.

TDfan2007
08-04-2021, 06:41 PM
they absolutely should. my wife got it while pregnant, and there's even evidence that some of the immunity is passed on to the child, as they've seen the antibodies in umbilical cord blood

This

Dirks_Finale
08-04-2021, 06:51 PM
I'm vaccinated. I think it's a good thing and everyone who's eligible should do it.

All that said, this thing has been heavily politicized since it's inception. So for those who refuse to get the shot, "my body my choice" and identifying as vaccinated should be acceptable outs.

TDfan2007
08-04-2021, 06:54 PM

(R)

that is literally it

Unfortunately it's looking like that's a big part of it. The divide in vaccination rates between parties is staggering... I guess 4+ years of endocrination with insane conspiracy theories has taken its toll...

That's not the only reason though. The fears about vaccine side effects cross party lines to a certain extent. There's just so much misinformation out there

TDfan2007
08-04-2021, 07:03 PM
I'm vaccinated. I think it's a good thing and everyone who's eligible should do it.

All that said, this thing has been heavily politicized since it's inception. So for those who refuse to get the shot, "my body my choice" and identifying as vaccinated should be acceptable outs.

I'm glad your vaccinated!

Everything is politicized nowadays, and this is a case of that trend being dangerous. I'm not sure who started the politicization, and I don't really care. Public/global health, as well as the stability of the global economy, depend on robust vaccination efforts and people buying in and trusting the science.

When the vaccines for smallpox and polio came out, people had to have faith in the institutions that created them, and their faith was rewarded by those diseases getting eradicated. It's a similar concept here, but now we have decades of evidence of how effective and safe vaccines are.

As for the "my body, my choice" crowd, that argument doesn't fly when you're dealing with a deadly and easily communicable disease.

spurraider21
08-04-2021, 07:04 PM
Unfortunately it's looking like that's a big part of it. The divide in vaccination rates between parties is staggering... I guess 4+ years of endocrination with insane conspiracy theories has taken its toll...

That's not the only reason though. The fears about vaccine side effects cross party lines to a certain extent. There's just so much misinformation out there
anti-vax sentiment didnt really seem to have a partisan divide though. was always just a fringe thing that popped up here and there without necessarily any political motivation. it was always intuitive to me that the right would be more anti-vax given their views on other scientific issues like climate change, but tbh it rarely manifested that way.

until covid and trump. trump had some anti-vax comments during his 2016 campaign too, iirc, even at one of the debates

edit: found the clip i referenced. he'll say that he's not anti vax before going on an anti-vax spiel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye7CtNEUm8M

Adam Lambert
08-04-2021, 07:21 PM

Another embarrassed Republican trying to deflect from the fact he votes the same as most of the people who are on the wrong side of this. Another cheerleading coward who doesn't have the sac to criticize anti vaxxers because he values team above life.

weebo
08-04-2021, 07:30 PM
Access, misinformation, fear, vindictiveness, and stupidity. Pick one or a combo of any of the choices.

Dirks_Finale
08-04-2021, 07:31 PM
In all fairness, both situations involve death of beings other than yourself.

And I knew this vaccine rollout effort would never hit the level of success of Israel or the UK. Even if Trump were re-elected, the numbers would look similar. People here have a natural distrust of the government and it's not just Q-anon. Like 33% of blacks in Democratic HQ of NY are fully vaccinated.

I think it is difficult for some folks to trust the science when the appointed science czars here flip flop on mask usage and intentionally obfuscate on the origin of the virus. Complete transparency should have occurred from the beginning and Trump's downplaying of the virus put's him in the same deceptive category as Fauci, imo.

I'm glad your vaccinated!

Everything is politicized nowadays, and this is a case of that trend being dangerous. I'm not sure who started the politicization, and I don't really care. Public/global health, as well as the stability of the global economy, depend on robust vaccination efforts and people buying in and trusting the science.

When the vaccines for smallpox and polio came out, people had to have faith in the institutions that created them, and their faith was rewarded by those diseases getting eradicated. It's a similar concept here, but now we have decades of evidence of how effective and safe vaccines are.

As for the "my body, my choice" crowd, that argument doesn't fly when you're dealing with a deadly and easily communicable disease.

Dirks_Finale
08-04-2021, 07:33 PM
Another embarrassed Republican trying to deflect from the fact he votes the same as most of the people who are on the wrong side of this. Another cheerleading coward who doesn't have the sac to criticize anti vaxxers because he values team above life.

33% of blacks in NY are fully vaccinated. The problem is more broad than your myopic view point allows you to see.

DarrinS
08-04-2021, 07:52 PM
San Antonio has a pretty solid vaccination rate. Around 70% fully vaccinated in the 18+ group.

Our unvaccinated are predominantly in poorer and more rural areas.

It is what it is.

DarrinS
08-04-2021, 07:54 PM
33% of blacks in NY are fully vaccinated. The problem is more broad than your myopic view point allows you to see.

That must mean 67% of them are Republican. :lol

Adam Lambert
08-04-2021, 07:54 PM

You're changing the subject again because like others you can't bring yourself to acknowledge the ideological problem happening on your side of the aisle.

There is a big issue with undervaccinated minorities in this country. But even with the bad numbers among minorities, Republican voters still lead in numbers of unvaccinated people and people who refuse to be vaccinated.

Just say it. You could do a lot of good by simply acknowledging the problem, but I know you'd rather make fun of transgenders instead.

Thread
08-04-2021, 07:56 PM

Yep, now mother fucker Biden is holding the bag.

ha, ha.

Adam Lambert
08-04-2021, 08:01 PM
You can always tell someone's a Republican when they complain about how "politicized" the vaccines were but never say a single thing about who's responsible for making it political. Like, are you criticizing Democrats for being pro-vaccine partisans?

DarrinS
08-04-2021, 08:04 PM
You can always tell someone's a Republican when they complain about how "politicized" the vaccines were but never say a single thing about who's responsible for making it political. Like, are you criticizing Democrats for being pro-vaccine partisans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G25rfncVtp0

Adam Lambert
08-04-2021, 08:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G25rfncVtp0

Strangely those 3 whole minutes of comments didn't lead to epidemic levels of vax-distrust among Democrats!

Adam Lambert
08-04-2021, 08:09 PM

DarrinS
08-04-2021, 08:12 PM
Strangely those 3 whole minutes of comments didn't lead to epidemic levels of vax-distrust among Democrats!

Strangely, they weren't pro-vaccine partisans in that video.

Adam Lambert
08-04-2021, 08:18 PM
Strangely, they weren't pro-vaccine partisans in that video.

I guess that particular mix of out of context clips with a GOP watermark didn't make the rounds among Dems. Maybe Democrats saw the full speeches/interviews and came away with a different impression than you've gotten from this piece of GOP propaganda. The data don't lie. Republicans are refusing the vaccine at greater rates than Democrats. Period.

Adam Lambert
08-04-2021, 08:26 PM
https://0-im--media-voltron-voanews-com-0.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/AW/s/im-media.voltron.voanews.com/Drupal/01live-166/styles/sourced_737px_wide/s3/2021-07/racev3-01.png

DarrinS
08-04-2021, 08:42 PM
I admire the dedication to the talking point.

Adam Lambert
08-04-2021, 08:44 PM
https://0-im--media-voltron-voanews-com-0.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/AW/s/im-media.voltron.voanews.com/Drupal/01live-166/styles/sourced_737px_wide/s3/2021-07/racev3-01.png

Mind you, "disproportionately" is doing a lot of work in that chart. 18% of vax-hesitant people are black, against 13.4% of the population. So +34% more likely to be hesitant vs. other races.

22% are Hispanic, against a 16.7% population. +32%

Meanwhile, 58% of Republican identifiers are completely anti-vax. Not vax-hesitant, they're "definitely not" getting the vaccine. According to Gallup, 24% of the country identifies as Republican. 58/24 is +142%.

So it's pretty pathetic to try to deflect a conversation about partisan attitudes toward the vaccines into one about race.

But that's what complicit cowards do. (Here's where Darrin laughs at the numbers while making no attempt to dispute them.)

TDfan2007
08-04-2021, 08:53 PM

That number is incorrect. Not sure where you got it from. Black people account for 13% of the people with at least 1 vaccine in the state of New York, and they make up 16% of the population in the state... There's a disparity, but it's not a crazy one.

There is a cultural distrust of medicine to a certain extent in the black community which can account for some of the hesitancy, and it's not unwarranted. It dates back decades.

This new conspiracy theory nonsense and insane level of distrust in medicine/academia, which has been predominantly on the far right, is more new and I'd say very closely tied to Trump's rhetoric and antics

TDfan2007
08-04-2021, 08:57 PM
San Antonio has a pretty solid vaccination rate. Around 70% fully vaccinated in the 18+ group.

Our unvaccinated are predominantly in poorer and more rural areas.

It is what it is.

Overall vaccination rates are increasing. I think this new Delta variant might be scaring people straight. Herd immunity requires a group effort though, so we can't just write off the poor and rural areas.

There are states where rates are hovering around 50%, and they're seeing in uptick in cases again. It's not a coincidence

DarrinS
08-04-2021, 09:11 PM
Overall vaccination rates are increasing. I think this new Delta variant might be scaring people straight. Herd immunity requires a group effort though, so we can't just write off the poor and rural areas.

There are states where rates are hovering around 50%, and they're seeing in uptick in cases again. It's not a coincidence

I want as many people to get it as possible.

A friend of mine at Methodist said there was a noticeable increase in hospitalized pregnant women, which is sad.

hater
08-04-2021, 09:13 PM

And dogs are little humans. Lets vax the puppies too

DarrinS
08-04-2021, 09:15 PM
And dogs are little humans. Lets vax the puppies too

Sarcasm detector malfunction

hater
08-04-2021, 09:16 PM

Everyone should have a right to decide wether to let their immune system fight the virus or get help from the vax. Its a free country. Let the idiots do as they please

And before ppl say but they are using up our hospital beds. We already let ppl eat drink and drug themselves to hospitam beds. Let them covid themselves too. If hospitals fill up let them die at home. I definitely would put a limit on covid hospital beds so regular ppl can alsi get medical care

DarrinS
08-04-2021, 09:20 PM
Everyone should have a right to decide wether to let their immune system fight the virus or get help from the vax. Its a free country. Let the idiots do as they please

And before ppl say but they are using up our hospital beds. We already let ppl eat drink and drug themselves to hospitam beds. Let them covid themselves too. If hospitals fill up let them die at home. I definitely would put a limit on covid hospital beds so regular ppl can alsi get medical care

I don't think these people understand covid risk vs vaccine risk.

MultiTroll
08-04-2021, 10:18 PM
California ain't no southern state and they've been locked down for 18 months and lead in deaths at 65k.
A closer look at "California" will show you it's Trumptard Counties ie Orange County that have the highest rates.

Solly cholly.

spurraider21
08-04-2021, 10:32 PM
Agreed. This lack of understanding leads to a lot of unvaccinated folk

TDfan2007
08-04-2021, 11:31 PM

That's a big part of the problem, yup

ElNono
08-05-2021, 03:59 AM

Agreed. This lack of understanding leads to a lot of unvaccinated folk

Pretty much. On top of that, some of them wield ignorance as a badge of honor, which makes it even more complicated.

Thread
08-05-2021, 04:28 AM
A closer look at "California" will show you it's Trumptard Counties ie Orange County that have the highest rates.

Solly cholly.

I don't want to hear about any if's, and's, or, buts, Mult, California leads in deaths at 65k.

Thread
08-05-2021, 04:30 AM
Pretty much. On top of that, some of them wield ignorance as a badge of honor, which makes it even more complicated.

233k complicated and all on mother fucker Biden's "plan."

ElNono
08-05-2021, 04:52 AM

233k complicated and all on mother fucker Biden's "plan."

^ Exhibit A

RandomGuy
08-05-2021, 06:42 AM

Respectfully:
That is not your own words.

I'm sure you can put them simply if you put your mind to it. or just say, "I agree with that".

RandomGuy
08-05-2021, 06:44 AM

I know they don't. No ambiguity there

People suck at statistics.

Warlord23
08-05-2021, 07:14 AM

(R)

that is literally it

https://cdn.soapps.net/comments-service/images/ba952620-1517-11eb-9551-891c0e7c2f1a/a4808d14-5254-42eb-bf6e-bea57cc0c161

Xevious
08-05-2021, 08:25 AM
I think my current favorite theory is that the vaccines are developed from aborted fetuses. :lol

Xevious
08-05-2021, 08:30 AM

That is a good point. I lose count of all the motherfuckers I've seen admitted to the hospital week after week to detox from alcohol.

RandomGuy
08-05-2021, 09:20 AM

That's not the only reason though. The fears about vaccine side effects cross party lines to a certain extent. There's just so much misinformation out there [bolded for emphasis-RG]

and that is the reason it crosses party lines to some extent.

The susceptibility to misinformation... a symptom... or a disease itself?

RandomGuy
08-05-2021, 09:24 AM
anti-vax sentiment didnt really seem to have a partisan divide though. was always just a fringe thing that popped up here and there without necessarily any political motivation. it was always intuitive to me that the right would be more anti-vax given their views on other scientific issues like climate change, but tbh it rarely manifested that way.

until covid and trump. trump had some anti-vax comments during his 2016 campaign too, iirc, even at one of the debates

edit: found the clip i referenced. he'll say that he's not anti vax before going on an anti-vax spiel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye7CtNEUm8M

Trumps narcissism tapped into the latent anti-science, anti-education streak in the conservative movement.

His need for being the best/smartest made him pick that up and magnify it, because nothing could threaten his own perception of himself as being smarter than anybody else.

That got dialed up to 11.

RandomGuy
08-05-2021, 09:25 AM

+1

It wasn't politicized before the cult made it so.

Dirks_Finale
08-05-2021, 06:19 PM
I was referring to NYC and mainly the 18-44 age group of blacks. I'm sure they are all far right Republicans :lol

In all seriousness, there is a distrust in minority communities as well as the Qanon crazies. Fauci and Trump are equally responsible for said distrust, imo.

That number is incorrect. Not sure where you got it from. Black people account for 13% of the people with at least 1 vaccine in the state of New York, and they make up 16% of the population in the state... There's a disparity, but it's not a crazy one.

There is a cultural distrust of medicine to a certain extent in the black community which can account for some of the hesitancy, and it's not unwarranted. It dates back decades.

This new conspiracy theory nonsense and insane level of distrust in medicine/academia, which has been predominantly on the far right, is more new and I'd say very closely tied to Trump's rhetoric and antics

Dirks_Finale
08-05-2021, 06:25 PM
So Qanon is more staunchly against vax than blacks are. Got it.

But both are spreading covid all over the place. Do unvaccinated minorities who are not as staunchly against the vax have a lower viral load? :lol Can the good doctor please chime in here with a peer reviewed study? :lol

Mind you, "disproportionately" is doing a lot of work in that chart. 18% of vax-hesitant people are black, against 13.4% of the population. So +34% more likely to be hesitant vs. other races.

22% are Hispanic, against a 16.7% population. +32%

Meanwhile, 58% of Republican identifiers are completely anti-vax. Not vax-hesitant, they're "definitely not" getting the vaccine. According to Gallup, 24% of the country identifies as Republican. 58/24 is +142%.

So it's pretty pathetic to try to deflect a conversation about partisan attitudes toward the vaccines into one about race.

But that's what complicit cowards do. (Here's where Darrin laughs at the numbers while making no attempt to dispute them.)

baseline bum
08-05-2021, 06:31 PM

I don't think they care

baseline bum
08-05-2021, 06:35 PM

Damn, Bexar County back up to 20% positivity rate and no one seems to give a shit.

DarrinS
08-05-2021, 06:39 PM
Damn, Bexar County back up to 20% positivity rate and no one seems to give a shit.

We were fine until some UTSA student returned from Delhi.

pgardn
08-05-2021, 06:41 PM

Back to the mask in more places.
WE just have to make sure to spend less time in crowded places indoors. I have some younger friends that are not vaccinated. Not driving them anywhere in my car. We do to a party outside separately. Its time to start thinking about exposure time and risky areas again. Im not going to get in these situations with this variant that appears to produce so many more viral particles. Thats what WE do. I got too much on the line. Watch my Dad closely. My grandad does not give a shit so... stay away from him, my dad will do the same.

baseline bum
08-05-2021, 07:01 PM

Probably some from Florida too

ducks
08-05-2021, 10:28 PM
That is a good point. I lose count of all the motherfuckers I've seen admitted to the hospital week after week to detox from alcohol.

ducks
08-05-2021, 10:29 PM

Yeah and then he had a 3 way 5 times a day !

ducks
08-05-2021, 10:30 PM
Probably some from Florida too

It is the stupid foreigners fault!

Ef-man
08-05-2021, 10:43 PM

Even if there is a one in one trillion of a trillionth chance that the vaccine would alter your dna ducks, you would benefit from getting vaccinated as there is absolutely no possibility that your fucked up dna gets altered for the worse.

In fact, your iq may go up from your current 50 to all the way up to 51.

Give it a chance.

DarrinS
08-05-2021, 10:48 PM

You heard wrong

ducks
08-05-2021, 10:49 PM
You heard wrong

Biden told me

TDfan2007
08-05-2021, 11:23 PM
I was referring to NYC and mainly the 18-44 age group of blacks. I'm sure they are all far right Republicans :lol

In all seriousness, there is a distrust in minority communities as well as the Qanon crazies. Fauci and Trump are equally responsible for said distrust, imo.

There you go again with the false equivalence. First off, the level of distrust isn't the same, and the distrust stems from different reasons. Second off, to put equal blame on Fauci and Trump is just ridiculous...I honestly can't even fathom how you got there :lol

TDfan2007
08-05-2021, 11:29 PM

But both are spreading covid all over the place. Do unvaccinated minorities who are not as staunchly against the vax have a lower viral load? :lol Can the good doctor please chime in here with a peer reviewed study? :lol

They're both part of the problem. I understand and empathize with the fear more than the bulletproof attitude/conspiracy theory nonsense though.

Fear and hesitancy can be helped and talked through, the other stuff...not so much

spurraider21
08-05-2021, 11:38 PM
There you go again with the false equivalence. First off, the level of distrust isn't the same, and the distrust stems from different reasons. Second off, to put equal blame on Fauci and Trump is just ridiculous...I honestly can't even fathom how you got there :lol
(R)

SnakeBoy
08-05-2021, 11:54 PM

Yeah there is a shit load of virus circulating out there. Wife has had more patients get covid in the past two weeks than at anytime during the pandemic. All but one fully vaccinated so just cold/flu like symptoms. Sent a couple of them to get Regeneron infusion just to be safe since they had autoimmune disorders. The lone unvaccinated one currently hospitalized.

Hopefully she has already brought me home a covid booster and I didn't even know it. I did feel crappy for a couple days but there was african dust and that shit always fucks with me.

Adam Lambert
08-06-2021, 08:45 AM

They weren't asked if they identify as Qanon, are you illiterate? They identify as Republicans. Every time I bring that up, you change the subject to race.

Of course they aren't less susceptible to the virus on an individual basis. Neither are hardcore Democrats who refuse the vaccine. We're talking about numbers, though. There are more unvaccinated Republicans, and far more who outright refuse to take the vaccine, then there are unvaccinated blacks. Say it, you complicit coward.

Winehole23
08-06-2021, 09:09 AM
Dirks_Finale doesn't respond to call backs, he's more of a hit and run guy -- dishonest and a coward, like you say.

lefty
08-06-2021, 09:16 AM
Lol ducks thinks the vaccines mutates you.
I'm hoping it will give me superpowers tbh

spurraider21
08-06-2021, 09:17 AM
Dirks_Finale doesn't respond to call backs, he's more of a hit and run guy -- dishonest and a coward, like you say.
he hears a talking point from the radio or something, regurgitates it, and thats it. he doesnt know how to respond to pushback on the spot

spurraider21
08-06-2021, 09:18 AM
it does. super resistance to covid-45

RandomGuy
08-06-2021, 10:53 AM
Even if there is a one in one trillion of a trillionth chance that the vaccine would alter your dna ducks, you would benefit from getting vaccinated as there is absolutely no possibility that your fucked up dna gets altered for the worse.

In fact, your iq may go up from your current 50 to all the way up to 51.

Give it a chance.

:lol

Poor ducks.

RandomGuy
08-06-2021, 10:54 AM

The superpower of being guaranteed not to die from a disease.

So yeah, there is that.

RandomGuy
08-06-2021, 11:09 AM

The magic (R).

Put on some (R) colored-glasses and a conman real-estate developer becomes equal in authority to an epidemiologist with 40 years in experience.

Side-effects of glasses:
Reduction in IQ by 40 points when it comes to anything having to do with the election.