PDA

View Full Version : Rasho's free throws

Useruser666
11-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Foul Me, Please
shaq
Nesterovic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-051122

When Spurs center Rasho Nesterovic sank two free throws in Monday's win over the Kings, it marked his first two attempts of the season.

He entered the game having played more than 200 minutes without getting to the stripe. Nesterovic's a career 55 percent free-throw shooter. What's to fear?

So now there's only one player who is averaging more than five points a game and has taken no freebies.

The lack of line time for the Heat's 3-point shooter, James Posey, is a little more understandable. He has attempted only five field goals (out of 33 attempts) that weren't 3s. He's played 160 minutes and is averaging 8.2 ppg.

angel_luv
11-22-2005, 11:48 AM
Rasho is 100% from the line. Whooosh! =)

DesiSpur_21
11-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Wrong thread but remembered the topic.. so posting it.

I think rebounding is a serious concern. None of the big men is showing up to grab boards and ease timmy's job. The guy is all alone fighting it out. Rasho/Nazr/Fabio need to put up a good show and NO, lack of consistent rotation and minutes is not an excuse for these guys.

TDMVPDPOY
11-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Did rasho do it with one hand behind his back and throwin up the attempt with the other hand??

gameFACE
11-22-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm glad Rashostein finally remembered how to get to the line. Maybe he can do better than the 30 total attempts he had all of last season.

T Park
11-22-2005, 06:36 PM
WHo gives a shit how many fts he takes.

Bring 10 and whatever every night, and thats great.

Got screwed on some of the calls last night, will be interesting to see how he plays against Foyle.

gameFACE
11-22-2005, 08:01 PM
I give a shit and so should the many Rasho supporters there seem to be out there. FT's means he's being aggressive in the paint and hopefully drawing fouls from other teams big men instead of trying to fairy float the ball in. It's just one of the things a center should do. If you want him to bring 10 a night some of that should be from the line. Pop said today as he wants him to be aggressive OFFENSIVELY as well as defensively. That was mentioned several times in the Snooze last season.

Let's face it, the best thing that ever happened to Rashostein is Mohammed the Warrior.

Slo spurs fan
11-23-2005, 03:07 AM
Rashostein/Mohammed the Warrior

Those are the words from <11 years old punk.

T Park
11-23-2005, 09:23 AM
I give a shit

Good for you.

FT's means he's being aggressive in the paint

There have been lots of times where hes driven into the paint this year, and gotten shots off without getting fouled.

Was he soft then?

It's just one of the things a center should do.

uh, yeah, ok.....

The guy is career a 50% FT shooter, so lets encourage more FTs. Great idea.

If you want him to bring 10 a night some of that should be from the line

Who says? You? Uh, yeah.....

Let's face it, the best thing that ever happened to Rashostein is Mohammed the Warrior.

How so, Rasho has outplayed Mohammed consistently all season long.

Id say Rasho getting more touches on the offensive end is the best thing.

Ive said from day 1, that to get a good game from Nesterovic, youve got to give him some isos in the post or pick n rolls for jumpers from 15 feet.

They still don't run pick n rolls for him, and rarely does he get a clear out iso in the post.

Alot of Rasho's points on monday came from broken plays or put backs.

ploto
11-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Rasho Nesterovic has scored in double figures in two of the past three games. He is shooting a career-best 54.7 percent this season.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA112305.7C.BKNspurs.warriors.preview.d7a50a2.ht ml
Who cares how many free throws he shoots if he shoots 55% FG.

samikeyp
11-23-2005, 01:04 PM
as long as the Spurs win...I don't care how many he makes. :)