PDA

View Full Version : NBA: A compilation of Magic Johnson tweets evaluating talent

lefty
08-11-2021, 01:37 PM
:lol Magic
:lol Jordan
:lol 80s/90s players evluating talent

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/5vdx3o/a_compilation_of_magic_johnson_tweets_evaluating/

spurraider21
08-11-2021, 02:00 PM
:lmao calling jimmer the real deal is the most embarrassing by far

MultiTroll
08-11-2021, 02:07 PM
:lmao calling jimmer the real deal is the most embarrassing by far

The hell is Magics hashtag after that?
"For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. #MenCare"

Maybe we don't want to know. :lol

Spurtacular
08-11-2021, 02:41 PM
Jimmer was the real deal.
Easily could've been an all star / MVP candidate.
It's a shame the league was so racist.
Great call by Magic though.

Dirks_Finale
08-11-2021, 03:40 PM
:lol

This is almost as impressive as his coaching career. :lol

lefty
08-11-2021, 03:58 PM
Great basketball IQ on the court (except in the 84 Finals lol)

But shitty IQ as an analyst :lol

Ef-man
08-11-2021, 04:51 PM
The hell is Magics hashtag after that?
"For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. #MenCare"

Maybe we don't want to know. :lol

Does Magic swoon over men named Blake or Reck?

Asking for an basement dwelling incel who supports #MenCare.

da_suns_fan
08-11-2021, 06:00 PM
Id laugh at this if I believed any franchise was really that good at evaluating draft picks.

The Warriors got Curry at 9. If they had any idea how good he was going to be, they wouldnt have risked him falling to 9.

Likewise, are we supposed to believe the Bucks were smart in drafting Giannis? They got lucky.

Its a total crap shoot. The teams are pretty good at bucketing the players into "lottery", "first round" and "second round". Other that, I've never seen anything to make me believe one team is better than another.

da_suns_fan
08-11-2021, 06:02 PM
I called Jimmer being bust. Saw he was too bulky to play PG at an NBA level.

I also said Steph Curry would be a bust. No player that dependent on outside shooting can be a star in this league.

ambchang
08-11-2021, 08:39 PM
Brandon knight coming out. Magic and that social circle.

Thread
08-11-2021, 08:44 PM
Great basketball IQ on the court (except in the 84 Finals lol)

But shitty IQ as an analyst :lol

Though he did run 'em to ground a year later.

Spurtacular
08-11-2021, 09:57 PM
I called Jimmer being bust. Saw he was too bulky to play PG at an NBA level.

I also said Steph Curry would be a bust. No player that dependent on outside shooting can be a star in this league.

I liked both. Curry's dribbling and quickness improved too.

Jimmer's game requires buy-in from the franchise and players.

He had that at BYU. Sacramento was dysfunctional and torpedoed his career.

He could've resurrected it in New Orleans, but his confidence took a hit.

Also, I thought he would've been a great fit in SA. He had good chemistry with Kawhi already established.

But he was a threat to Gregg's pets.

Thread
08-12-2021, 04:52 AM

Also, I thought he would've been a great fit in SA. He had good chemistry with Kawhi already established.

That's it & that's all.

Spurts

DMC
08-12-2021, 12:27 PM
Id laugh at this if I believed any franchise was really that good at evaluating draft picks.

The Warriors got Curry at 9. If they had any idea how good he was going to be, they wouldnt have risked him falling to 9.

Likewise, are we supposed to believe the Bucks were smart in drafting Giannis? They got lucky.

Its a total crap shoot. The teams are pretty good at bucketing the players into "lottery", "first round" and "second round". Other that, I've never seen anything to make me believe one team is better than another.

Spurs had a pretty good run. Even let some go that turned out ok.

da_suns_fan
08-20-2021, 03:52 PM

I think if he was good enough to be in the league, he would probably be in the league.

da_suns_fan
08-20-2021, 03:53 PM
Spurs had a pretty good run. Even let some go that turned out ok.

I give them major credit for trading up to take Kawhi. They didnt just hope a player was available. They went and got a guy they were REALLY high on and they were totally right.

That RARELY happens.

The only other instance that comes to mind is Luka. Cant say the Mavs just "got lucky".

DMC
08-20-2021, 07:31 PM
I give them major credit for trading up to take Kawhi. They didnt just hope a player was available. They went and got a guy they were REALLY high on and they were totally right.

That RARELY happens.

The only other instance that comes to mind is Luka. Cant say the Mavs just "got lucky".

Manu, Tony, Fabricio, Scola, Dragic, Kawhi, Barbosa, George Hill, Cory Joseph, Murray, Splitter... Pretty solid run. This doesn't include David and Tim.

There were times when you had Tim, Tony, Manu, Kawhi and Tiago on the floor at the same time.. all drafted by the Spurs. Who else can say anything close other than perhaps GS?

Biggems
08-22-2021, 09:19 AM
Manu, Tony, Fabricio, Scola, Dragic, Kawhi, Barbosa, George Hill, Cory Joseph, Murray, Splitter... Pretty solid run. This doesn't include David and Tim.

There were times when you had Tim, Tony, Manu, Kawhi and Tiago on the floor at the same time.. all drafted by the Spurs. Who else can say anything close other than perhaps GS?

don't forget Sean and Willie. Willie was a good player for a handful of years, just couldn't get his legs to stay healthy. Now off the court, he was a sorry, no good, piece of shit. Pop wasn't the HC, but he was an assistant, so that is why I brought these two up.

But yea, during the pop years we drafted well, too bad we couldn't secure Scola.....

DMC
08-22-2021, 11:58 AM
don't forget Sean and Willie. Willie was a good player for a handful of years, just couldn't get his legs to stay healthy. Now off the court, he was a sorry, no good, piece of shit. Pop wasn't the HC, but he was an assistant, so that is why I brought these two up.

But yea, during the pop years we drafted well, too bad we couldn't secure Scola.....

I didn't want to go back that far else I would have included Alvin as well.

LkrFan
08-25-2021, 05:51 PM
https://twitter.com/breezegawd/status/1430632052202917894?s=19

:lol

lefty
08-25-2021, 06:57 PM
And then he paid for it