PDA

View Full Version : Toros Acquire Marcus Fizer

ChumpDumper
11-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Austin Acquires Marcus Fizer

GREENVILLE, S.C., Nov. 22 – Former NBA first-round selection Marcus Fizer has been acquired from the NBA Development League available player pool by the Austin Toros. To make room on the roster, the Toros waived forward Randy Orr.

The 6-8, 260-pound forward from Iowa State was the fourth overall selection by the Chicago Bulls in the 2000 NBA Draft. A five-year NBA veteran, he played four seasons in Chicago before playing the 2004-05 season with the Milwaukee Bucks. Fizer has played in 268 career NBA games, averaging 21.0 minutes, 9.7 points and 4.7 rebounds.

Austin opens its season Friday by traveling to Little Rock to face the Arkansas RimRockers. The Toros first home game is Saturday when the Fayetteville Patriots visit the Austin Convention Center.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/austin/fizer_051122.html

The Toros' roster is shaping up to be one of the more talented in the D-League, even before having any players sent down to them. Could use a taller wing player (sounds familiar), but should be able to play some decent ball. I'll let you know this weekend.

TDMVPDPOY
11-22-2005, 09:52 PM
Waste of talent, why doesnt he just get back straight to the nba? sum teams could need this guy...

leemajors
11-22-2005, 10:23 PM
damn toros tix aren't as cheap as i hoped they would be.

exstatic
11-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Fizer is a tremendous athlete, but not much of a basketball player. There is a reason that he is yet unsigned by an NBA team. He's a poor man's Stromile Swift, currently warming Houston's bench.

Guru of Nothing
11-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Fizer is a tremendous athlete, but not much of a basketball player. There is a reason that he is yet unsigned by an NBA team. He's a poor man's Stromile Swift, currently warming Houston's bench.

I regard him as more of a poor man's Danny Fortson; or the second coming of Jason Caffey.

MI21
11-22-2005, 10:47 PM

What the fuck?

Fizer is big, slow and not much of an athlete. He has solid post moves, and can bully his way to the hoop against smaller defenders. He is between positions in NBA because he seems to be a tad short and to slow to be very effective against better PF's, and to slow and without the skills to be a SF. He is actually kind of the opposite of Stromile.

He is definetly good enough to be in the NBA somewhere though, I can't believe he has had to drop down the the NBDL.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2005, 11:05 PM
:lol NBAtv is actually showing full D-League games this season, but for the play-by-play they are using the local radio feed recorded off the internet. Helluva budget these guys have. Much better than last season at any rate.

TDMVPDPOY
11-22-2005, 11:36 PM
he be good at c, hoggin up the lane, at least this guy can jump unlike sumone on the spurs

samikeyp
11-22-2005, 11:48 PM
he be good at c, hoggin up the lane, at least this guy can jump unlike sumone on the spurs

Except that he is only 6'8.

dmac
11-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Waste of talent, why doesnt he just get back straight to the nba? sum teams could need this guy...

I think he's rehabbing a knee injury.

leemajors
11-23-2005, 12:10 PM
did he break his leg in college or while playing for the bulls?