PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Best team to not win the title?

InRareForm
08-19-2021, 11:18 AM
2002 kings, 2006 spurs?

Neo.
08-19-2021, 12:10 PM
are we talking about any single year team that didnt win, or a core group that didnt win?

for example, the kings never won anything, while the 2006 spurs were the same group that won the year before and the year after

if talking about a core group that didnt win, i think the webber kings, stockton/malone jazz and cp3 clips all belong in the discussion

if its just a single year that a team didnt win, then imo its pretty clearly the 18-19 warriors

Seventyniner
08-19-2021, 12:37 PM
if its just a single year that a team didnt win, then imo its pretty clearly the 18-19 warriors

Not the 73-win 15-16 Warriors?

FrostKing
08-19-2021, 12:48 PM
'94 SuperSonics

Neo.
08-19-2021, 01:36 PM
Not the 73-win 15-16 Warriors?

KD >>

MultiTroll
08-19-2021, 01:50 PM
:lol Both Warriors teams massively overated phaggots.

RD2191
08-19-2021, 02:47 PM
:lol Both Warriors teams massively overated phaggots.
:lol

MultiTroll
08-19-2021, 02:59 PM
2006 Spurs were so good that in spite of being massively frauded by MavsRef they still had them beat.
Manus brain fart was self inflicted so the Mavs took the gift handed to them.

Coach Numby leaving Parker in to get assaulted by World Puss Artest the prior series finale also added.
Numby going with small balls and getting outcoached by rookie Avery was the tri fecta.

But ya, that team had Chip talent no doubt one of if not The best.

lefty
08-19-2021, 03:35 PM
'94 SuperSonics
Good call
The Rockets dodged a bullet, the Sonics were their kryptonite

lefty
08-19-2021, 03:37 PM
1988 Pistons, got screwed by the refs and Zeke's ankle was destroyed
or 1988 Mavs : screwed by the refs too
1998 Jazz : got screwed by the refs
2005 Pacers : got screwed by Ben Wallaces overreaction and his fans

baseline bum
08-19-2021, 04:38 PM
are we talking about any single year team that didnt win, or a core group that didnt win?

for example, the kings never won anything, while the 2006 spurs were the same group that won the year before and the year after

if talking about a core group that didnt win, i think the webber kings, stockton/malone jazz and cp3 clips all belong in the discussion

Agreed on most points, though I'd take Barkley's Suns over Malone's Jazz. I'd trust Barkley in a big game way more than Malone.

lefty
08-19-2021, 05:11 PM
Agreed on most points, though I'd take Barkley's Suns over Malone's Jazz. I'd trust Barkley in a big game way more than Malone.

Especially when it comes to not gambling on a steal attempt

No, wait

Neo.
08-19-2021, 05:45 PM

fair point. although imo Stockton was the true star of that team, I've always felt Malone was overrated, and can't imagine how much his game would be picked apart by analysts who see how he lived so much off Stockton creating opportunities for him. chuck >>> Karl

I think another team that should be considered is the Nash/Amar'e/Marion suns. they were so loaded, just Duncan and pop was such a tough matchup for them. and amares injury in 06 may have cost them a legit shot that year, idk if Dallas beats them with Amar'e.

Spurtacular
08-19-2021, 07:09 PM
Pretty much going to be teams on the wrong end of LakerRef, JordanRef, LebronRef, WadeRef.

FrostKing
08-20-2021, 12:16 AM
2004 Timberwolves if Sam healthy

Spurtacular
08-20-2021, 04:35 AM
2004 Timberwolves if Sam healthy

LakerRef was on that series. There were plenty of good teams in WC that year though, tbh.

Thread
08-20-2021, 06:04 AM
2002 kings, 2006 spurs?

All he had to do was mind his coach outta that final TO..."Don't leave him for a second, Chris."

tee, hee.

Thread
08-20-2021, 06:06 AM
Especially when it comes to not gambling on a steal attempt

No, wait

That's it & that's all.

Thread
08-20-2021, 06:07 AM
1988 Pistons, got screwed by the refs and Zeke's ankle was destroyed
or 1988 Mavs : screwed by the refs too
1998 Jazz : got screwed by the refs
2005 Pacers : got screwed by Ben Wallaces overreaction and his fans

At least that ref had the gall to wait to make sure that sky hook didn't go in.

MultiTroll
08-20-2021, 10:46 AM
2002 Lakers who lost to the Kings had a pretty good team.

When that guy with the almond shaped head wasn't ball hogging and fed the ball to Shaq they weren't bad.

ambchang
08-20-2021, 04:55 PM
Webber Kings is the first that comes to mind.
Nash Suns.
Payton/Kemp Sonics
Jailblazers were good if they can get their brains in place.
Drexler Blazers had some great players.

I still like the mid 80s Bucks a lot, never even made it to the finals, but that was just a fun team to watch.

lefty
08-20-2021, 09:52 PM
At least that ref had the gall to wait to make sure that sky hook didn't go in.
:lol

Thread
08-20-2021, 10:10 PM
Nash Suns.
Payton/Kemp Sonics

I still like the mid 80s Bucks a lot, never even made it to the finals, but that was just a fun team to watch.

...The Triplets...Brewer,,,memory ain't worth a shit no more---who's the other 2, amb?

Thread
08-20-2021, 10:14 PM
2002 Lakers who lost to the Kings had a pretty good team.

When that guy with the almond shaped head wasn't ball hogging and fed the ball to Shaq they weren't bad.

Got that triple out 'em, Mult. It was a miracle we got that out of 'em, and a miracle we didn't get more.

I don't know, but if Jackson would've taken command and control when it started going sideways perhaps things would've been different. Just paranoia but sometimes I think Jackson sabotaged it because it was going to be too much work for him with no assurance that it would work out, so he just threw gasoline on the banked embers and it burnt to the ground.

baseline bum
08-20-2021, 11:33 PM
Nash Suns.
Payton/Kemp Sonics

How shitty must it have been to have the Fo Fo Fo Sixers in your path right after sweeping Bird and the Celtics? :lol

MultiTroll
08-21-2021, 08:24 AM
Got that triple out 'em, Mult. It was a miracle we got that out of 'em, and a miracle we didn't get more.

I don't know, but if Jackson would've taken command and control when it started going sideways perhaps things would've been different. Just paranoia but sometimes I think Jackson sabotaged it because it was going to be too much work for him with no assurance that it would work out, so he just threw gasoline on the banked embers and it burnt to the ground.
Naw Vlade just outplayed and completely outsmarted Shaq.
Your almond headed guy also got worked by Bibby.

Twas just a better team that 2002 Kings Championship.

Thread
08-21-2021, 01:56 PM
Naw Vlade just outplayed and completely outsmarted Shaq.
Your almond headed guy also got worked by Bibby.

Twas just a better team that 2002 Kings Championship.

Still in denial. Still don't know what hurt you most:::Horry making that Howitzer, or, them selling your shit. The sound of that horn as Horry's shot comes in I shall take to the grave.

You know what bugs me no end? That fuckin' Stoyakovic getting straightened out in Texas like that. What even compounds that deed? Him never playing another NBA game.

Mark Celibate
08-21-2021, 03:14 PM
If we're talking about teams whose core never won a title, I'd say Durant/Westbrook/Harden Thunder. Just one good coach away from easily getting one or more title imo. If it's individual season, it's undoubtedly gotta be the either one of the Warriors' seasons

Dirks_Finale
08-21-2021, 03:35 PM
If it's just an individual season, I think the 2015/16 Spurs have to be up there. 1st defensively, 4th offensively and the best net rating in the league on their way to 67 wins.

02 Kings were pretty damn good, too.

Neo.
08-21-2021, 06:27 PM
If we're talking about teams whose core never won a title, I'd say Durant/Westbrook/Harden Thunder. Just one good coach away from easily getting one or more title imo. If it's individual season, it's undoubtedly gotta be the either one of the Warriors' seasons

oh man yeah idk how i forgot about that one

Thread
08-21-2021, 07:35 PM
If it's just an individual season, I think the 2015/16 Spurs have to be up there. 1st defensively, 4th offensively and the best net rating in the league on their way to 67 wins.

All that lunkhead had to do was climb into Horry's shorts and stand fast in the ranks, don't even look at the hoop. But Webber was always a stubborn jackass. A coach could never tell him a blessed thing that he would obey.

Kobe and Daddy rushed their attempts, especially Kobe. But that GD Horry stayed right-fuckin'-there.

***Though I was always glad, relieved even that Jason Williams got his ring, because it was grudged by a number of factions in Media.

Killakobe81
08-21-2021, 08:37 PM
'94 SuperSonics

I think they are better than those Jazz teams ...
I think teams that have a core that never won a title should be the answer here not a team like the Spurs who won multiple after that mavs loss ...

I love how people shit on Karl Malone for 30 years pedophile choker etc. But overrate the fuck out of the Jazz. Malone and Stockton were all time great, horanacek solid (but past his Suns prime) but the rest of that roster mediocre at best ...

Isitjustme?
08-21-2021, 09:16 PM
1996 Sonics
1973 Bucks
1978 Blazers
1973 Celtics
2016 Warriors

ambchang
08-22-2021, 04:45 AM
...The Triplets...Brewer,,,memory ain't worth a shit no more---who's the other 2, amb?

Breuer, mokeski and englar? Definition of the BWS.

ambchang
08-22-2021, 04:48 AM

That’s Jackson’s style. He picks favourites to make himself look like some sort of saviour so players get attached to him. It’s going to burn out eventually. Horace grant, kukoc, Kobe then MVPau.

Rummpd
08-22-2021, 05:32 AM
The 8 on 5 referees that blatantly stole the title from 2002 Kings.

Biggems
08-22-2021, 08:43 AM
as much as the refs were kind of purple and gold in the 2002 series......the Kings didn't help themselves by flopping and flailing all over the court. I mean, if you clapped your hands really loud, Vlade would hit the floor like a fainting goat. The refs saw through that whole facade and stopped calling fouls on the Lakers. Also, don't leave Big Shot Bob wide open in critical moments.

Biggems
08-22-2021, 08:48 AM
the mid-80s Bucks had Paul Pressey, Ricky Pierce, Terry Cummings, Sidney Moncrief, and Craig Hodges......not a bad group. The following year, they added Jack Sikma. So, they were not devoid of talent at all.....just not good enough to compete with Philadelphia or Boston.

In the first 8 years of the 80s, they lost to Philly 4 times in the playoffs, Boston 3 times. When they finally beat Philly, the lost to Boston the Con. Finals for the 2nd loss.

I am sure that in the 80s, the 2 most hated teams to come through that town were Philly and Boston. They probably had discounted beer night to make the fans even more rowdy.

Biggems
08-22-2021, 08:58 AM
the 2006 Spurs Mavs series was a fucking farce. How the fuck purely perimeter team shoots over 50 FTs in a playoff game is beyond me. Just by stepping on the court, the Spurs were whistled and the Mavs shot FTs, sheesh.

But you know, karma is a fickle bitch. The same way the refs one-sided the calls in that series, and helped the Mavs barely squeak by, they reversed their favor after game 2 of the Finals. I guess the Mavs took them for granted or didn't pay in full, cause the next 4 games, Wade and the Heat absolutely lived at the FT line.

It was the absolute definition of poetic justice.

Thread
08-22-2021, 09:44 AM

Bless-their-hearts.

You've nary room, Rummy. You've partook from that same equation.

Thread
08-22-2021, 09:50 AM
Breuer, mokeski and englar? Definition of the BWS.

I had it all screwed up, amb, it was (The Triplets) while at Arkansas in the late '70's. They never played together on the Bucks.

Marvin Delph
Ron Brewer
Sidney Moncrief

Neo.
08-22-2021, 11:02 AM
the 2006 Spurs Mavs series was a fucking farce. How the fuck purely perimeter team shoots over 50 FTs in a playoff game is beyond me. Just by stepping on the court, the Spurs were whistled and the Mavs shot FTs, sheesh.

But you know, karma is a fickle bitch. The same way the refs one-sided the calls in that series, and helped the Mavs barely squeak by, they reversed their favor after game 2 of the Finals. I guess the Mavs took them for granted or didn't pay in full, cause the next 4 games, Wade and the Heat absolutely lived at the FT line.

It was the absolute definition of poetic justice.

you clearly have no clue what youre talking about, considering the mavs were top 5 in free throw rate that year, while the spurs were the 4th worst

so by your logic, the series was actually called HEAVILY in the spurs favor considering they actually shot more FTs throughout the series

additionally, the mavs were top 10 in terms of shortest FGA distance average (tied with the spurs), and were in the bottom 10 in terms of the average number of shots taken from 16ft and farther

so they clearly were not a purely perimeter team at all, and were actually among the teams that least utilized the perimeter game in the entire NBA

DeadlyDynasty
08-22-2021, 11:11 AM
Lakers were hosed at the end of Game 5 of the Kings series so it all evens out. There was a 7th game on their home floor and they proceeded to miss half their FTs and air balled lots of crunch time shots. I can see why this board loves them, though. Kids here love championing groups of people who blame others for their shortcomings.:lol

Neo.
08-22-2021, 11:18 AM
Lakers were hosed at the end of Game 5 of the Kings series so it all evens out. There was a 7th game on their home floor and they proceeded to miss half their FTs and air balled lots of crunch time shots. I can see why this board loves them, though. Kids here love championing groups of people who blame others for their shortcomings.:lol

funny how this gets overlooked so much tbh

also game 4 blowing a 20 pt lead and missing a key FT at the end

the kings shot themselves in the foot as much as any team ever tbh, which is another reason why as good as they were, its hard for me to consider them better than a number of other teams that didnt win a championship

DeadlyDynasty
08-22-2021, 11:31 AM
funny how this gets overlooked so much tbh

also game 4 blowing a 20 pt lead and missing a key FT at the end

the kings shot themselves in the foot as much as any team ever tbh, which is another reason why as good as they were, its hard for me to consider them better than a number of other teams that didnt win a championship
The previous year when they played and the Lakers swept it was actually a lot closer than people thought. 3/4 games were nailbiters but just like the 2002 series, Sacto always found a way to choke away the close games (shady Game 5 notwithstanding). Same shit with Game 5 against Utah in 1999 or Games 3 and 7 against Minny in 2004. That team was born to choke.

MultiTroll
08-22-2021, 11:54 AM
Lakers might not have been swept with real refs.
They had Big Shot Rob.
They may well have won one game, they had a decent team.

lefty
08-22-2021, 11:59 AM
as much as the refs were kind of purple and gold in the 2002 series......the Kings didn't help themselves by flopping and flailing all over the court. I mean, if you clapped your hands really loud, Vlade would hit the floor like a fainting goat. The refs saw through that whole facade and stopped calling fouls on the Lakers. Also, don't leave Big Shot Bob wide open in critical moments.

True, they still could have won the series if they were more disciplined tbh

And Adelman, as great as a coach he was, screwed up by playing Stojalovic who had just come back from an injury, Turkoglu was killing the Lakers…..
it backfired with Peja airballing a wide open 3 at the end of game 7

Also in the last minutes of game 5, Lakers got screwed by the refs

Killakobe81
08-22-2021, 12:50 PM

Facts. Teams they hate Lakers/Mavs/Warriors play 8 on 5 ...but teams they like overcome this bias Spurs/Bucks/Raptors/Heatles which makes no sense...

FrostKing
08-22-2021, 01:29 PM
Everyone focused on 2002 but what if Webber doesn't blow his knee the following postseason?

Kings still pushed the Mavericks to 7 after losing Webber in Game 2

https://i.ibb.co/R4jPMDp/a-webber-hi.jpg

Thread
08-22-2021, 04:05 PM
Everyone focused on 2002 but what if Webber doesn't blow his knee the following postseason?

Webber, like "Jake Spoon" was "too leaky a vessel to put your faith in."

He was a lot like Dwight Howard before he saw the light upon returning to the Lakers. That is rare is professional sports. (They) say they've seen the light and will abide, but just a trace amount ever seen it all the way thru...Artest, the aforementioned Howard, et al.

CW claimed to have saw this light, even a couple times, but he was just screwin' around trying to get a foothold and another million or 5 before they shut the door on his ass for good. He'd get the additional boodle, then forget about (the light) and carry on like he always had...that's how he ended up turning his back on Horry and wandering up that lane after Adelmann had begged him on hands and knees not to do that.

Now, once in a while he has to sit on that TnT dias while Daddy & Smith smirk at him,,,"But it's all in fun." says Kenny.

My ass.

Thread
08-22-2021, 04:08 PM
Facts. Teams they hate Lakers/Mavs/Warriors play 8 on 5 ...but teams they like overcome this bias Spurs/Bucks/Raptors/Heatles which makes no sense...

Hell, Killa, the Spurs benefited from "this bias"...so did the Heat.

lefty
08-22-2021, 05:38 PM
Lakers were hosed at the end of Game 5 of the Kings series so it all evens out. There was a 7th game on their home floor and they proceeded to miss half their FTs and air balled lots of crunch time shots.

Won’t disagree on that tbh

Dirks_Finale
08-22-2021, 05:50 PM
Yup, I thought they were the best team in the WC that year with a healthy Webber.

Spurtacular
08-22-2021, 10:33 PM

Always gonna be what ifs.

What if KG doesn't go down in 09. C's three-peat at a minimum probably.

Yea, the Kings may have won in 03 with healthy Webber.

We all know they were the real champions of 02 as well.

01 Trailblazers were real champs as well.

Neo.
08-23-2021, 12:11 AM
The previous year when they played and the Lakers swept it was actually a lot closer than people thought. 3/4 games were nailbiters but just like the 2002 series, Sacto always found a way to choke away the close games (shady Game 5 notwithstanding). Same shit with Game 5 against Utah in 1999 or Games 3 and 7 against Minny in 2004. That team was born to choke.

part of me wonders how much of it is choking, and how much was their lack of star power. because in close games when defenses turn up, that's where the stars shine because they can still make things happen, whereas the non-stars but really solid players tend to falter. their only true star was Webber and even he had his limitations. I feel they were more like the raptors of recent years with solid well rounded rosters, good depth, but their lack of legit star power always lost to the bigger stars

Neo.
08-23-2021, 12:16 AM
Always gonna be what ifs.

What if KG doesn't go down in 09. C's three-peat at a minimum probably.

Yea, the Kings may have won in 03 with healthy Webber.

We all know they were the real champions of 02 as well.

01 Trailblazers were real champs as well.

so in derps world, "what ifs" due to injury aren't worthy of discussion and don't count

but somehow the 02 kings and 01 blazers were "real" champs and worthy conversations because he thinks the refs were biased :lmao :lmao

LkrFan
08-23-2021, 10:51 AM
2002 kings, 2006 spurs?

Best championship team to never win a back to back title?

:lol 1999** Spurs
:lol 2003 Spurs
:lol 2005 Spurs
:lol 2007 Spurs
:lol 2014 Spurs

Never repeated? Laker fans can't relate :lol

**50 game seas:loln

Rummpd
08-23-2021, 11:09 AM

Faker Fan dissing a small market team that without FA and ref advantage won 5 and had highest winning percentage over 2 decades.

Meanwhile Fakers with all sort of market advantages have 15 sort of legit titles and cannot count the one came versus Kings and again one cannot count the sham bubble tourney at all.

MultiTroll
08-23-2021, 11:49 AM
but somehow the 02 kings and 01 blazers were "real" champs and worthy conversations because he thinks the refs were biased :lmao :lmao
Anyone who supports a ref who calls a T on a Laker playoff opponent for "staring" is a bitch ass mofo.

https://youtu.be/PnClA10OYUQ

MultiTroll
08-23-2021, 11:53 AM
Faker Fan dissing a small market team that without FA and ref advantage won 5 and had highest winning percentage over 2 decades.

Meanwhile Fakers with all sort of market advantages have 15 sort of legit titles and cannot count the one came versus Kings and again one cannot count the sham bubble tourney at all.
Here is their *star* playing some stellar D and getting rewarded for it.

https://youtu.be/6swUWZW_Mi4

Seventyniner
08-23-2021, 12:44 PM

2016 Spurs could very well be the best team not to even make the conference finals. Their regular season stats were basically even with the 73-win Warriors.

The 2004 and 2006 Spurs also led the league in net rating (though not close to the ridiculous +11.3 of the 2016 Spurs) and failed to make the conference finals.

I haven't done much research here, but what other title contenders (I guess the condition would be top 5 overall net rating? Or top 2 in their conference?) have failed to make it out of round 2?

Neo.
08-23-2021, 02:29 PM
i clearly missed the point
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrnuCavUb5wE9zFTbjaurk_cEx_bi6h 3u--w&usqp=CAU

daslicer
08-23-2021, 04:45 PM

You guys were able to relate this year when the Suns knocked you off in round 1.

Seventyniner
08-23-2021, 05:44 PM
2016 Spurs could very well be the best team not to even make the conference finals. Their regular season stats were basically even with the 73-win Warriors.

The 2004 and 2006 Spurs also led the league in net rating (though not close to the ridiculous +11.3 of the 2016 Spurs) and failed to make the conference finals.

I haven't done much research here, but what other title contenders (I guess the condition would be top 5 overall net rating? Or top 2 in their conference?) have failed to make it out of round 2?

After a bit of research, teams that led the league in regular season net rating but failed to get out of round 2 in the last 25 years:

2020 Bucks
2016 Spurs
2013 Thunder
2012 Bulls (lost in round 1)
2006 Spurs
2004 Spurs

Injuries were a big part of the Thunder (Westbrook) and Bulls (Rose) losses. So yeah, the Spurs have certainly had a disproportionate share of playoff underperformance versus regular season, at least as far as leading the league in net rating is concerned.

Dirks_Finale
08-24-2021, 12:16 PM
I would not have guessed the 04 Spurs were best in net rating. The 06 Spurs are no surprise, though.

After a bit of research, teams that led the league in regular season net rating but failed to get out of round 2 in the last 25 years:

2020 Bucks
2016 Spurs
2013 Thunder
2006 Spurs
2004 Spurs

Injuries were a big part of the Thunder (Westbrook) and Bulls (Rose) losses. So yeah, the Spurs have certainly had a disproportionate share of playoff underperformance versus regular season, at least as far as leading the league in net rating is concerned.

Thread
08-24-2021, 02:34 PM
That one team who had it's restraining ropes strung, the charter on the tarmac/MiamiX///Bexar County residents heading out to SAX and the television was selling their shit.

Anyway---the sound of that fuckin' horn as Horry's shot came in. I God's.

or, this cut...

- "I'm still 6'10", 240."
- Kupchak-knee shackled-in tears-Bertka aside him---9 June 1985---Boston, Massachusetts

American Citizen
08-24-2021, 05:36 PM

2020 Bucks
2016 Spurs
2013 Thunder
2006 Spurs
2004 Spurs

2013 Spurs were better than 2013 Thunder.
An argument could be made that 2013 Thunder better than 2013 Heat though.

American Citizen
08-24-2021, 05:37 PM

2020 Bucks
2016 Spurs
2013 Thunder
2006 Spurs
2004 Spurs

I would compare them to 02 Nets. Anything possible; but not a shock if they don't ring.

Mark Celibate
08-24-2021, 09:50 PM

Yep...they choked games 4, 6, and 7 IMO. I remember them clearly getting rattled in LA in 4 and 6 specifically. The Lakers would look like sh!t for 70% of each game, but then turned up the defensive intensity and everyone in a King uniform not named Bibby or Divac would sh!t their pants. Divac actually played fairly well considering what he was going up against tbh

lefty
08-24-2021, 10:19 PM
Hedo wasn’t bad either

baseline bum
08-24-2021, 11:00 PM
I would not have guessed the 04 Spurs were best in net rating. The 06 Spurs are no surprise, though.

The 04 Spurs team was nasty, they were destroying the Lakers in the first two games of their series until Phil Jackson decided fuck it, I'm not guarding Turkoglu and that scrub couldn't hit wide open threes with no one within 15 feet of him. Horry was pretty bad that series for the Spurs too before becoming a stone cold assassin in the 2004-05 playoffs.

baseline bum
08-24-2021, 11:07 PM
Yep...they choked games 4, 6, and 7 IMO. I remember them clearly getting rattled in LA in 4 and 6 specifically. The Lakers would look like sh!t for 70% of each game, but then turned up the defensive intensity and everyone in a King uniform not named Bibby or Divac would sh!t their pants. Divac actually played fairly well considering what he was going up against tbh

They almost choked Game 3 away too. Lakers went on this ridiculous run in the third to cut a 25 point lead to like 6 or 7 in maybe 2:00 of game time. Game 6 though, that shit got stolen from them. I hated that Kings team at the time though, I really wanted the Lakers to win that series and thought Game 6 was funny as shit.

Spurtacular
08-25-2021, 06:57 AM
Never noticed Raef stepping on C-Webb's foot before. You see it in this video unlike some others.

It even looks like it may have been done to prevent the alley oop. Najera rubbing off on him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEjVtZ9cId0&ab_channel=Lifelong9erFan78

MultiTroll
08-25-2021, 12:04 PM
If this 2012 Laker team got rid of the guy with the almond shaped head how far could they have moved up?
The chucking guy who played no D.

https://youtu.be/IaOsDQOIB7s

Mark Celibate
08-25-2021, 02:27 PM
They almost choked Game 3 away too. Lakers went on this ridiculous run in the third to cut a 25 point lead to like 6 or 7 in maybe 2:00 of game time. Game 6 though, that shit got stolen from them. I hated that Kings team at the time though, I really wanted the Lakers to win that series and thought Game 6 was funny as shit.

:lol I rewatched those games fairly recently and remember that run. There were definitely some BS calls in Game 6. But each game in LA practically followed the same script...Kings would run them off the court in the first half. Then they'd get noticeably tentative and soft late in the second half whenever the Lakers started getting physical, trapping, and gambling on defense.

On the flip side, the Spurs in Game 6 the next year calmly picked them apart whenever they got into desperation mode.

baseline bum
08-25-2021, 03:40 PM
:lol I rewatched those games fairly recently and remember that run. There were definitely some BS calls in Game 6. But each game in LA practically followed the same script...Kings would run them off the court in the first half. Then they'd get noticeably tentative and soft late in the second half whenever the Lakers started getting physical, trapping, and gambling on defense.

On the flip side, the Spurs in Game 6 the next year calmly picked them apart whenever they got into desperation mode.

Game 5 though the Spurs would have blown a 25 point lead if Robert Horry's wide open three with 5 seconds left in the game didn't pop out after going halfway down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6V1-UraQAs

MultiTroll
08-25-2021, 06:29 PM
Game 5 though the Spurs would have blown a 25 point lead if Robert Horry's wide open three with 5 seconds left in the game didn't pop out after going halfway down.
CIA Pop with the best roster and a large lead was often a perilous playoff adventure. :lol

Absolutely find him accountable for 04, 06, 13 giveaways at minimal.