PDA

View Full Version : We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson

Bruno
11-23-2005, 01:55 PM
Villanueva about him and Bosh.
:lol

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball/NBA/Toronto/2005/11/23/1319470-sun.html

It's a great honor for Duncan and Robinson to be campared to this two guys. :spin

samikeyp
11-23-2005, 02:13 PM
No...Duncan has eyebrows. :lol

Extra Stout
11-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Yes, Charlie, you and Bosh are like Duncan and Robinson... only except that they didn't suck.

Extra Stout
11-23-2005, 02:18 PM
By the way, can anybody explain why Charlie Villanueva has not yet picked up the nickname "Midnight Oil?"

cheguevara
11-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Villawho?????????

samikeyp
11-23-2005, 02:32 PM
By the way, can anybody explain why Charlie Villanueva has not yet picked up the nickname "Midnight Oil?"

"How can we dance when our earth is turnin'.....how can we sleep while are beds are burnin'?" :lmao

http://www.magieheim.at/keltica/me/cyberlinks/pete_garrett(midnight_oil).jpg

http://espn.starwave.com/i/pkg/05NBAdraft/250/18753.jpg

Dre_7
11-23-2005, 02:36 PM
No...Duncan has eyebrows. :lol

Villanueva has a skin condition where he has no body hair.

samikeyp
11-23-2005, 02:38 PM
That may be but he is still a dumbass for comparing himself to Duncan or Robinson.

Dre_7
11-23-2005, 02:40 PM
That may be but he is still a dumbass for comparing himself to Duncan or Robinson.

Yeah, no way they are the second comming of the Twin Towers. :lol

Extra Stout
11-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Maybe when you convert from Canadian dollars to American dollars...

baseline bum
11-23-2005, 03:28 PM
So they're both going to be first ballot hall-of-famers, MVPs, All-NBA First Teamers, All-NBA Defensive First Teamers, etc.? They're the new greatest 4-5 combination in NBA history? :lmao

Dre_7
11-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Maybe when you convert from Canadian dollars to American dollars...

:lmao

ALVAREZ6
11-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Villanueva is so ugly, why the fuck doesn't he have eyebrows...deffinently looks like an alian...he's like Sam Cassell's brother.

ALVAREZ6
11-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Look at this fucker...

http://ar.news.yahoo.com/050329/ap/iucg10303292243.uconn_villanueva___ucg103.jpg

spur219
11-23-2005, 05:24 PM
I read that comment earlier. That is a load of crap.

timvp
11-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Uh, I'd take that as a compliment if two younger players look up to Duncan and Dave as players to model their careers after. Sounds like a good plan to me.

And bonus points for those of you making fun of the guy for not being able to grow eyebrows.

SA Gunslinger
11-23-2005, 05:31 PM
And bonus points for those of you making fun of the guy for not being able to grow eyebrows.

Just curious, do eyebrows grow back?

Kori Ellis
11-23-2005, 05:35 PM

Why?

He says that he thinks of themselves as a much younger version of the twin towers. Why is he a "dumbass" for having goals about what kind of players they want to be? Bosh is becoming one of the best players in the league and if Villanueva can continue to develop, they'll be an awesome tandem.

Do I think they'll be as good as Tim/David? No. But he's not a "dumbass" for his statements.

But I guess since they aren't Spurs then they are evil dumbasses. :rolleyes

Another thread that's an example of why Spurs fans are pitiful sometimes. File this one with the thread of Spurs fans criticizing KG's motives for giving $2M to charity.

samikeyp
11-23-2005, 05:37 PM
He didn't say he wanted to be like Tim and David, he said he and Bosh were like Tim and David. I just happen to disagree. Guess that makes me pitiful for having an opinion. No longer a problem.

I didn't know about him having a condition that caused him not to grow hair. I retract the eyebrow comment.

Kori Ellis
11-23-2005, 05:39 PM
He didn't say he wanted to be like Tim and David, he said he and Bosh were like Tim and David. I just happen to disagree.

Did you read the whole interview? It was a compliment to Tim and David. He said they were like a very young version of them.

And so everyone you disagree with is a dumbass?

samikeyp
11-23-2005, 05:40 PM
Nope. It was just an opinion. In no way am I always right or anyone else is always wrong. I should have said it was a dumbass comment. My bad.

Kori Ellis
11-23-2005, 05:43 PM
Nope. It was just an opinion. In no way am I always right or anyone else is always wrong.

So it's your opinion that if anyone considers themselves a young version of David Robinson or Tim Duncan, they are a dumbass?

Well a lot of young players if you ask them who they compare themselves to, they would say the same thing. It's a big compliment to Tim and David.

ShoogarBear
11-23-2005, 05:44 PM
I would trade every other big man on the Spurs to have either Bosh or Villanueva paired with the real Tim Duncan.

samikeyp
11-23-2005, 05:45 PM
So it's your opinion that if anyone considers themselves a young version of David Robinson or Tim Duncan, they are a dumbass?

No its not.

I should have said it was a dumbass comment. My bad.

Bruno
11-23-2005, 06:04 PM
I didn't post this to drained commentary about Villanueva aspect or intelligence.
What he says make me laugh because him and Bosh play no D and can't play center.
What he says is really stupid because they aren't the same kind of players : it's not a matter of level.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2005, 06:09 PM
These guys are really quite good. Charlie is better sooner than I thought he'd be. At this point they might benefit from having a true center to start and Charlie as 6th man, but the PT definitely isn't going to hurt his development.

Villanueva might have just saved Babcock's job for another season. Probably not Sam's though.

samikeyp
11-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Villanueva is doing better than a lot of people expected...he is playing very well.

MI21
11-23-2005, 10:27 PM
I read stuff like this and I think it is great.

Would people rather they say, "We are like a younger version of Kenyon and Camby."

He is giving props to Tim and Dave, good on him.

Samr
11-24-2005, 01:06 AM
Wait, can this guy legitimately not grow hair?

You know, that actually wouldn't be that bad....save a lot of money on razors and shaving is a breeze.

As far as the comment goes, I think perhaps we are jumping too quick to conclusions. You know how kids say they want to be Manu, or Parker, or Duncan etc., how they want to model their play after some really tallented guys- it's the same thing for them. Duncan and David were the perfect model for two posts, playing in sync. I'd take it as a compliment to what D&D have accomplished, and nothing more.

Despot
11-24-2005, 01:41 AM
I have high expectations for Bosh, and villanueva has been good so far....but, comparing yourself to two of the 50 greatest players ever after just, what, 11 games??
a little ludacris to me, but oh well.

By the way, I don't think he should be made fun of because of his condition, but I don't think he needs to be shielded from it. People may say he is unlucky because of the condition, I say he's extremely lucky to possess the talent that he does and to have the opportunity that has been given to him. The hair thing is such a minor thing,
I bet that alot of kids made fun of him in school, I wonder what they think now when he pulls up next to them in his Bentley. Heck, that hurdle in his life may have given him the extra determination needed to make it to the pros. Hairless creatures can be cute too......

http://www.brightbomb.com/sam/sam4small.jpg

I did not insert the picture in the thread for obvious reasons

ad12
11-24-2005, 01:50 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2005-11-22-dog_x.htm

r.i.p. sam

Spurzilla
11-24-2005, 04:55 AM
Just curious, do eyebrows grow back?

Eyebrows (and eyelashes) do in fact, grow. The length, density and coarseness of the hair is determined by our genetics, any trauma to the skin, medical conditions, and the aging process.

Some people are just born with very little body hair, it's a matter of genetics. People of Asian or American Indian descent in general tend to have very little body hair and you will notice that their eyebrow hair looks very light to almost non-existent.

Sometimes people have trauma to the skin - for example, scar tissue due to a car accident. Generally, in areas where there is scar tissue in the eyebrow area, you don't see hair growth.

Other people have normal to thick eyebrow growth, but due to the aging process, our hair tends to thin. This is very evident in many women past the age of 40. This is why some women have to use eyebrow pencil to add shape and definition to their eyebrows. However, men's eyebrows tend to become more coarse with age.

Some people, however, have a medical condition called Alopecia (pronounced: al-oh-PEA-sha), which causes a person to have hair loss, usually sudden. This can happen at any age.

Alopecia Areata is a condition where there is hair loss in one area, or perhaps hair loss in patches. The affected area might be a bald patch of hair on the head, or perhaps the loss of eyebrows and eyelashes, for example. Alopecia does not cause baldness in men. That is a different kind of hair loss.

Alopecia Universalis is a condition where there is complete hair loss, from head to toe. Again, this usually happens suddenly. Most of the time there is no explanation for why it has happened.

In the case of people with alopecia, the hair doesn't grow back.

I am very familiar with this topic because of the work I do. I am a cosmetic tattoo artist and trainer. I have applied permanent cosmetics on numerous women who are tired of trying to draw on their eyebrows every day. A few have alopecia, but the majority do not.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

alamo50
11-24-2005, 08:29 AM
I can see Duncan in Bosh, but I don't see D-Rob in anybody else.
That rookie does have an amazing 1st month though and I love to watch him play.

It is cool to see a young guy talking about The Admiral with this kind of respect as most young guys in here have seemed to forgotten or unaware how good David actually was.