PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gifts

Old School Chic
11-23-2005, 03:02 PM
This year my husband and I decided not to give out Individual gifts (since we've noticed that no matter what we give them (husbands side of the family) they never seem satisfied. Therefore, we want to give one nice gift for the whole family.

Does anyone have any Ideas?

I thought a gift basket with some DVD's and some snacks would be nice, my husband on the other hand says a $50 gift card for each family would be better...

I am writing out my Christmas list so I need some Ideas? Thank you

tlongII
11-23-2005, 03:05 PM
I would like you to get me that notebook PC that's on sale at Walmart.

Old School Chic
11-23-2005, 03:07 PM
I would like you to get me that notebook PC that's on sale at Walmart.

Ask Mouse... He's the one that posted It first. :spin

j-6
11-23-2005, 03:13 PM
I'd give them an actual gift rather than a card with a GC in it if you've given them individual gifts in the past. It might be percieved as a lack of respect. Unless you're trying to make a point about them not being appreciative, that is.

SpursWoman
11-23-2005, 03:17 PM
:tu @ Gift Basket ... that's a good idea, and more personal than a gift card. :)

Old School Chic
11-23-2005, 03:22 PM
I am actually trying to make a point to them of how rude It Is for them to be returning the gifts we give them... Last Christmas they opened the gifts and said, "Oh, we don't use these type of jackets" I told them I would take them back and exchange them and I never did. So basically they didn't get shit for Christmas. I tried giving them something nice for their anniversary In October and they gave It back saying the bedspread and sheets had to many flowers on It and didn't match their bedroom. :rolleyes

This Is the time when I wish I was a Jehova's Witness.

SpursWoman
11-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh, damn...I didn't realize it was that bad. Don't get them a damn thing, then. :lol

j-6
11-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Geez. Use this to your advantage!

Give them something that you want and that they definitely don't. Then when they give it back you can keep it and not care what they thought of the gift.

Old School Chic
11-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Oh, damn...I didn't realize it was that bad. Don't get them a damn thing, then. :lol

God knows I don't want to get them anything because of how mean they are but It's my husband who Insists on getting them something since this Is his brother and family... :depressed

Old School Chic
11-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Geez. Use this to your advantage!

Give them something that you want and that they definitely don't. Then when they give it back you can keep it and not care what they thought of the gift.

Great Idea! :elephant

SpursWoman
11-23-2005, 03:34 PM
God knows I don't want to get them anything because of how mean they are but It's my husband who Insists on getting them something since this Is his brother and family... :depressed

Then let him stress over it, then... :)

samikeyp
11-23-2005, 03:35 PM
Gift baskets are always good. :)

tlongII
11-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Go with the gift card. I doubt they will return a gift card.

Old School Chic
11-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Hope everyone gets what they really want for Christmas! :elephant

I already know what I want...
(A Baby) :baby

Hubby and I are working on It. :oops

Trainwreck2100
11-23-2005, 04:24 PM
A cookie bouquet

PM5K
11-23-2005, 04:25 PM
Aren't you supposed to be AT&TGirl by now?

mookie2001
11-23-2005, 04:25 PM
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/15KQ-seeded-byWilliamsWonder.JPG

ObiwanGinobili
11-23-2005, 04:27 PM
I am actually trying to make a point to them of how rude It Is for them to be returning the gifts we give them... Last Christmas they opened the gifts and said, "Oh, we don't use these type of jackets" I told them I would take them back and exchange them and I never did. So basically they didn't get shit for Christmas. I tried giving them something nice for their anniversary In October and they gave It back saying the bedspread and sheets had to many flowers on It and didn't match their bedroom. :rolleyes

This Is the time when I wish I was a Jehova's Witness.

:lol
I swear I have so much spare $$ and free time this time of year... and people alway ask if I fel liek I'm missing out... I look at htem like their nuts. :smokin

JoeChalupa
11-23-2005, 04:29 PM
^^Nice bud!^^ :smokin

I've never given a gift back no matter what. It is the thought that counts.

tlongII
11-23-2005, 04:30 PM
:lol
I swear I have so much spare $$ and free time this time of year... and people alway ask if I fel liek I'm missing out... I look at htem like their nuts. :smokin

Nice cleavage shot in your avatar. :smokin

Old School Chic
11-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Aren't you supposed to be AT&TGirl by now?

No thanks. I am now Old School Chic :spin

Samr
11-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Get them this:

http://volantminiatureshop.com/images/in_home_2/patio_garden/garden_tools/Outdoors_charcoal.gif

Enough fun for the whole family!

N.Y. Johnny
11-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Meat and Cheese trays are always a hit.

http://www.urbandalehyveecatering.com/2001/2001tra1.jpg