PDA

View Full Version : Is 2016 Garbage Time Spurs Lineup Better Than The Current Spurs Starting Lineup?

Spurtacular
09-29-2021, 01:40 AM
End of Playoff blowout against OKC:

PG - Andre Miller
SG - Kevin Martin
SF - Kyle Anderson
PF - David West
C - Boban Marjanovic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt4pug0w-1s&ab_channel=NCAANEW

John B
09-29-2021, 04:40 AM
I almost forgot Andre Miller also played for the Spurs. Pop remarkably much younger-looking and seem to have aged a lot during the Trump years :lol. I always like how a player like Boban who can just swing the ball like grapes with his giant hands.

To be fair, our young guys could outrun this aged veterans. Come on :lol

Em-City
09-29-2021, 06:27 AM
that 2016 end of bench team could be the slowest linup in the world today.

couchman
09-29-2021, 07:13 AM
No

KingKev
09-29-2021, 08:53 AM
Miller and KMart were absolutely washed at that point, DWest was fast declining and SloMo was still a pup. I could never say a bad thing about Boban however. But I say hell no. Our current 5-10th men are probably as good or better than that lineup. Problem is there isn’t much disparity currently between our starting 5 and the next 5.

Ozballer
09-29-2021, 10:56 PM
You are just reminding us that the poor player selection drafting strategies were already running in 2016...3 of those 5 were vets with nothing left in the tank (maybe West had a bit going for him still) and having them altogether in the same team just mirrors poor / senile front office judgment to say the least.

timtonymanu
09-29-2021, 11:20 PM
Spurs should have kept Rasual Butler (RIP) that season. He had more in the tank than Miller and K-Mart.

Spurtacular
09-30-2021, 02:47 AM
Miller and KMart were absolutely washed at that point, DWest was fast declining and SloMo was still a pup. I could never say a bad thing about Boban however. But I say hell no. Our current 5-10th men are probably as good or better than that lineup. Problem is there isn’t much disparity currently between our starting 5 and the next 5.

This is a pretty good take. Boban MVP level though; today's NBA just dumb is all.