PDA

View Full Version : OT: Kareem on Beal and Wiggins anti-vax tbqh

Neo.
09-30-2021, 01:18 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/kareem-abdul-jabbar-destroys-bradley-beal-andrew-wiggins-in-epic-anti-vax-tirade/amp/

makes some good points

edit: somehow "stance" got autocorrected to "tbqh" in the thread title wth :lol

Spurtacular
09-30-2021, 01:27 AM
So Kareem is a virologist now?

edit: GFY as always, Blue Santa Faggs.

Neo.
09-30-2021, 01:36 AM

is Beal or Wiggins? are you?

Spurtacular
09-30-2021, 02:01 AM

They're individuals who are free to make their own personal health decisions.

Rummpd
09-30-2021, 05:13 AM
[QUOTE=Spurtacular;10609622]They're individuals who are free to make their own personal health decisions.[/QUOTE

They are playing a team sport and putting others at risk besides themselves. From a public health perspective, these players should be embracing getting vaccinated ASAP and serving as role models to others - they surely have access to enough information on the benefits.

JamStone
09-30-2021, 07:00 AM
Personal freedoms are not trivial or insignificant. However, I do think at least to an extent, we all share some public responsibility. As with most things in life, there needs to be compromise. But basketball might just be a situation where it’s harder to compromise. It’s not ping pong. Players are literally up in each other’s personal space, often face to face, huffing and puffing each other’s air. If an NBA player isn’t vaccinated, I’d just as well have them stay home from all team activities, keep them away from everything.

People are free to make their own decisions about the vaccine. But that also means there are consequences to those decisions.

Dirks_Finale
09-30-2021, 07:12 AM
They are playing a team sport and putting others at risk besides themselves. From a public health perspective, these players should be embracing getting vaccinated ASAP and serving as role models to others - they surely have access to enough information on the benefits.

So this part is always funny to me. Like Lebron coming out recently and saying he did all this research. Like he is scientist now with his G.E.D. or whatever he has. :lol

People trust their doctors as they are well educated and informed. They should ask them if it's a good idea or not - not Kareem, Biden or whoever.

ElNono
09-30-2021, 08:09 AM
People are free to make their own decisions about the vaccine. But that also means there are consequences to those decisions.

This is the part stupid people don't want to deal with, consequences of their own actions. They want the cake and eat it too.

And this isn't a "personal health decision", this is a public health problem.

You want to play with a loaded gun inside your house? Go ahead. You want to play with a loaded gun in any public space? Not ok, it stopped being a personal decision and became a public problem. We have plenty of laws in the book for that.

So this part is always funny to me. Like Lebron coming out recently and saying he did all this research. Like he is scientist now with his G.E.D. or whatever he has. :lol

People trust their doctors as they are well educated and informed. They should ask them if it's a good idea or not - not Kareem, Biden or whoever.

100% in agreement on this.

lefty
09-30-2021, 08:23 AM

No they are “muhfreedom” experts

ambchang
09-30-2021, 08:57 AM
People should be free to drive a car whenever they want. Why do we need licenses?

Dirks_Finale
09-30-2021, 09:10 AM
I was actually ok with Biden's mandate on employers for one reason - he left an out for those who don't want to get it. They can get tested regularly. It will be a inconvenience, but still allows them personal choice.

Testing has been terrible in this country. It was awful under Trump and has not gotten much better since, tbh.

This is the part stupid people don't want to deal with, consequences of their own actions. They want the cake and eat it too.

You want to play with a loaded gun inside your house? Go ahead. You want to play with a loaded gun in any public space? Not ok, it stopped being a personal decision and became a public problem. We have plenty of laws in the book for that.

MultiTroll
09-30-2021, 09:47 AM
Personal freedoms are not trivial or insignificant. However, I do think at least to an extent, we all share some public responsibility. As with most things in life, there needs to be compromise. But basketball might just be a situation where it’s harder to compromise. It’s not ping pong. Players are literally up in each other’s personal space, often face to face, huffing and puffing each other’s air. If an NBA player isn’t vaccinated, I’d just as well have them stay home from all team activities, keep them away from everything.

Derpin on a Thursday morn:
https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.sRFiSsLBM2EMnOcZFvbPMgHaH_?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

No they are “muhfreedom” experts

Neo.
09-30-2021, 09:49 AM

if you read what Kareem said, he completely agreed with that aspect actually

Neo.
09-30-2021, 09:51 AM

another crappy take from dirksfinale

what a shocker :rolleyes

R. DeMurre
09-30-2021, 11:22 AM
I wonder which medical research journals Kyrie, Wiggins, and Beal are currently subscribed to. Hopefully they share so they can find the maximum amount of in depth research.

Neo.
09-30-2021, 12:24 PM

well put. even though its a personal decision, its a decision that if mismanaged, can harm and even kill others.

i cant think of a worse way to mismanage it than to have absolutely no protection whatsoever and be in the faces of many other people on a daily basis

koriwhat
09-30-2021, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=Spurtacular;10609622]They're individuals who are free to make their own personal health decisions.[/QUOTE

So at risk considering the pandemic was still going on last season and they are playing with the same players from the same league again.

Rummpd
09-30-2021, 01:12 PM

I agree and a board certified public health doctor but these teams have medical experts - from
a public health perspective not a debate - get vaccinated

Dirks_Finale
09-30-2021, 01:33 PM
another crappy take from dirksfinale

what a shocker :rolleyes

Another non rebuttal from Neo.

What a shocker :dizzy

Spurtacular
09-30-2021, 01:37 PM

If others are at risk, that means the vaccinations are crap. And those jabs carry risks.

Spurtacular
09-30-2021, 01:38 PM
well put. even though its a personal decision, its a decision that if mismanaged, can harm and even kill others.

Let me know when an NBA player dies of fake sniffles.

Dirks_Finale
09-30-2021, 01:38 PM
I agree and a board certified public health doctor but these teams have medical experts - from
a public health perspective not a debate - get vaccinated

What I have issue with is the total lack of natural immunity being factored into all of this. Studies have shown that you are typically even MORE immune if you have already had covid. But I rarely hear anyone in the field mentioning it. Can you get it again, sure, but it's not that likely in the short term.

So if player x has already had the virus 3 months ago(and has proof) and wishes to not receive the vax...talks to his doctor who agrees with him, he should be exempt, imo.

Neo.
09-30-2021, 01:42 PM
Another non rebuttal from Neo.

What a shocker :dizzy

then explain your post. because you seem to take issue with people wanting to be informed on what they put into their bodies, and suggest that people are trusting kareem and biden more than doctors.

Neo.
09-30-2021, 01:44 PM
Let me know when an NBA player dies of fake sniffles.

ive had close friends die from covid19. just because you personally havent been affected by it doesnt make it fake, derp

and it goes well beyond an NBA player himself dying from it. but as usual, you are too stupid to understand how viruses work.

Neo.
09-30-2021, 01:45 PM

oh so neither they or you are virologists. got it :tu

Dirks_Finale
09-30-2021, 02:22 PM
then explain your post. because you seem to take issue with people wanting to be informed on what they put into their bodies, and suggest that people are trusting kareem and biden more than doctors.

Simply saying trust your informed and educated doctor, not Lebron James, who, to my knowledge, has no formal education. How informed can Lebron be on this complicated matter, Neo? He probably confuses viral genome with garden gnomes.

"I did my research" Internet scientists. :lol

Neo.
09-30-2021, 02:35 PM
Simply saying trust your informed and educated doctor, not Lebron James, who, to my knowledge, has no formal education.

who was trusting lebron james as to whether to take the vaccine or not?

How informed can Lebron be on this complicated matter, Neo?

i have no clue where he got his info, but i would assume it would be pretty easy for him to talk to some doctors to get their educated opinions, considering hes an athlete with a billion dollar contract who has easy access to any doctor he wants any time he wants

He probably confuses viral genome with garden gnomes.

um, ok?

not sure what your point is here or how it relates to the matter at hand.

Dirks_Finale
09-30-2021, 04:22 PM
Lebron does not have fans who are influenced by him?

who was trusting lebron james as to whether to take the vaccine or not?

i have no clue where he got his info, but i would assume it would be pretty easy for him to talk to some doctors to get their educated opinions, considering hes an athlete with a billion dollar contract who has easy access to any doctor he wants any time he wants

um, ok?

not sure what your point is here or how it relates to the matter at hand.

Neo.
09-30-2021, 04:45 PM
Lebron does not have fans who are influenced by him?

and this has what exactly to do with the topic at hand?

sounds to me like you once again are using a topic that had absolutely nothing to do with lebron as an opportunity to voice displeasure with him

get some help, your obsession is incredibly weird

FrostKing
09-30-2021, 05:37 PM

Possibly I do not understand the strength or time frame of the vaccines. I am personally vaccinated. Does this not give me a bullet proof vest in public?

MarCowMar
09-30-2021, 06:16 PM
I wonder which medical research journals Kyrie, Wiggins, and Beal are currently subscribed to. Hopefully they share so they can find the maximum amount of in depth research.

The fastest way to get caught up on the details is to read the Spartacus Letter. Best summary of what's going on so far.

monosylab1k
09-30-2021, 06:31 PM
Simply saying trust your informed and educated doctor, not Lebron James, who, to my knowledge, has no formal education. How informed can Lebron be on this complicated matter, Neo? He probably confuses viral genome with garden gnomes.

I’m sure your stance would remain unchanged if we were to replace LeBron James with Tucker Carlson or Candace Owens :rolleyes

baseline bum
09-30-2021, 06:31 PM
The fastest way to get caught up on the details is to read the Spartacus Letter. Best summary of what's going on so far.

LOL dumbass COVID Truthers. Yeah it's a plot by Fauci to make you into a serf.

Spurtacular
09-30-2021, 07:48 PM
ive had close friends die from covid19.

:lmao

Neo.
09-30-2021, 08:01 PM
:lmao

:lmao derp unable to explain his virologist background

Dirks_Finale
09-30-2021, 08:09 PM
and this has what exactly to do with the topic at hand?

sounds to me like you once again are using a topic that had absolutely nothing to do with lebron as an opportunity to voice displeasure with him

get some help, your obsession is incredibly weird

Um...watch the news maybe? Lebron was just plastered all over the news saying he did his research, etc. Got vaxxed..

Internet scientist.

Dirks_Finale
09-30-2021, 08:11 PM
Possibly I do not understand the strength or time frame of the vaccines. I am personally vaccinated. Does this not give me a bullet proof vest in public?

No, you still have to wear 3 masks and a helmet in public, sorry.

Listen to Fauci, he cares deeply for you, FK.

Neo.
09-30-2021, 08:15 PM
Um...watch the news maybe? Lebron was just plastered all over the news saying he did his research, etc. Got vaxxed..

Internet scientist.

and exactly what does that have to do with kareems reply to beal and wiggins reasoning on avoiding vaccination? why was lebron even brought into this discussion?

ElNono
09-30-2021, 08:20 PM

Depends on what you call a bullet proof vest... right now it means you personally have reduced the time the virus will be in your system and thus the odds drastically that you're going to need to be hospitalized or die from this disease if you get infected.

You will still occasionally be asked to wear a mask in public to protect people that legitimately cannot get a vaccine due to medical reasons or are a higher risk.

It's not a cure, it's a way to train your system to fight the virus when and if the virus shows up. It substantially improves the odds you're going to win that battle, and you're going to do so quicker.

The bigger picture as it has been with almost all vaccines is that if you reduce the amount of time the virus is in a person, the less time it has to spread. That breaks the infection rate of the virus (ie: 1 person infects two, those two infect four, etc).

Over time, if we can get that down to 1 person infects 1 other person max (ie: sometimes it infects none), then we're in a extinction path, which means the virus population is substantially reduced.

That's where we are with polio, etc. The disease still exists, but it just cannot spread like it used to.

Neo.
09-30-2021, 08:27 PM
Depends on what you call a bullet proof vest... right now it means you personally have reduced the time the virus will be in your system and thus the odds drastically that you're going to need to be hospitalized or die from this disease if you get infected.

You will still occasionally be asked to wear a mask in public to protect people that legitimately cannot get a vaccine due to medical reasons or are a higher risk.

It's not a cure, it's a way to train your system to fight the virus when and if the virus shows up. It substantially improves the odds you're going to win that battle, and you're going to do so quicker.

The bigger picture as it has been with almost all vaccines is that if you reduce the amount of time the virus is in a person, the less time it has to spread. That breaks the infection rate of the virus (ie: 1 person infects two, those two infect four, etc).

Over time, if we can get that down to 1 person infects 1 other person max (ie: sometimes it infects none), then we're in a extinction path, which means the virus population is substantially reduced.

That's where we are with polio, etc. The disease still exists, but it just cannot spread like it used to.

this is way too complicated for some here

the easier explanation is that the virus is fake or that facui is pulling strings and lying

ElNono
09-30-2021, 09:36 PM
this is way too complicated for some here

the easier explanation is that the virus is fake or that facui is pulling strings and lying

I don't care how anybody feels about Fauci, etc, tbh, it's a distraction.

Vaccines have existed for over 100 years, and they're all very much the same in how they operate as far as fighting disease goes.

It's not 100% riskless, no medicine ever has been, but it does saves lives in the short and long run, to the point it has helped us not need to be vaccinated against many diseases in many cases (ie: Tuberculosis).

But when you're stupid and looking for excuses, you'll find them or make them up. Can't help that people. You give them the information so they can't claim ignorance, and then let them go. The rest is time wasted.

MarCowMar
09-30-2021, 10:30 PM
LOL dumbass COVID Truthers. Yeah it's a plot by Fauci to make you into a serf.

Says the guy who's been detained in his home for 15 going on 500 some days, injected with an experimental product three times with no legal recourse, wears three masks and a plastic face shield while he takes a shit, and can't even touch his family or kids?

The guy that will soon be taking a picture of his face with his phone every fifteen minutes to verify that he hasn't left his home? The guy who now has to live-stream all his concerts and can't sing in church? The guy who puts on his mask like a good little doggy when he's walked to his feeding table? The guy who thinks it's a coincidence when his son keels over from myocarditis after a shot? The guy that runs around bragging about his "freedom for vaccinated people"?

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/freedoms-for-fully-vaccinated-people

You laugh like there's a conspiracy to joke about, but the only joke is you're already well over 50% of the way to serfdom and your brainwashed self is bragging about it.

Neo.
09-30-2021, 10:34 PM
Says the guy who's been detained in his home for 15 going on 500 some days, injected with an experimental product three times with no legal recourse, wears three masks and a plastic face shield while he takes a shit, and can't even touch his family or kids?

The guy that will soon be taking a picture of his face with his phone every fifteen minutes to verify that he hasn't left his home? The guy who now has to live-stream all his concerts and can't sing in church? The guy who puts on his mask like a good little doggy when he's walked to his feeding table? The guy who thinks it's a coincidence when his son keels over from myocarditis after a shot? The guy that runs around bragging about his "freedom for vaccinated people"?

You laugh like there's a conspiracy to joke about, but the only joke is you're already well over 50% of the way to serfdom and your brainwashed self is bragging about it.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Ef-man
09-30-2021, 10:59 PM

That you foldren? :lmao :lmao :lmao buhwahahajaja

baseline bum
09-30-2021, 11:13 PM

Fucking COVID Truthers are such retards. Jesus Fucking Christ you morons believe the stupidest shit. For anyone who doesn't know this crap the retard I'm quoting is preaching, he literally thinks there is a vast and appalling criminal conspiracy that directly links both Anthony Fauci and Moderna to the Wuhan Institute of Virology and COVID-19 vaccines are a front for brain-computer interface (“neural lace”) tech. I mean what the fuck, this is some schizophrenic level shit this braindead is preaching.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-30-2021, 11:14 PM
damn kareem the real goat per par

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-30-2021, 11:15 PM
Fucking COVID Truthers are such retards. Jesus Fucking Christ you morons believe the stupidest shit. For anyone who doesn't know this crap the retard I'm quoting is preaching, he literally thinks there is a vast and appalling criminal conspiracy that directly links both Anthony Fauci and Moderna to the Wuhan Institute of Virology and COVID-19 vaccines are a front for brain-computer interface (“neural lace”) tech. I mean what the fuck, this is some schizophrenic level shit this braindead is preaching.

welcome back tbh

baseline bum
09-30-2021, 11:18 PM
I find it hilarious that in Bexar County which is 73% vaccinated in the 12+ population, the COVID hospitalizations here have steadily broke 85% unvaccinated vs 15% vaccinated ever since delta started raging here, but the vaccinated are the problem. This is what MarCowMar is preaching here.

baseline bum
09-30-2021, 11:21 PM
Though I suppose if you can believe a man who was his own father but also a different person could be born from a virgin, crucified, left to rot for three days until he stank, then magically came back to life, you can probably be made to believe anything.

baseline bum
09-30-2021, 11:23 PM

When this pandemic dies down a bit that post as well as the idiotic conspiracy theory paper he references is going to be some great copypasta.

spurraider21
09-30-2021, 11:53 PM
People should be free to drive a car whenever they want. Why do we need licenses?
or drive drunk

its not like drunk drivers kill people 100% of the time

and sober drivers kill people more than 0% of the time

Neo.
09-30-2021, 11:56 PM
or drive drunk

or might as well get rid of speed limits stop signs and traffic lights since people can disobey those laws without accidents while people who obey the laws can and do still sometimes have accidents

ElNono
10-01-2021, 01:09 AM
or drive drunk

Don't forget seatbelt laws and mandates.

spurraider21
10-01-2021, 01:37 AM
Don't forget seatbelt laws and mandates.
think drunk driving is more on point since you endanger others on top of yourself

seat belts only protect others insofar as you wont launch out of your vehicle like a torpedo

ambchang
10-01-2021, 07:46 AM
My advice to NBA players, the last time there was a major viral outbreak, a certain superstar didn’t get the necessary protection and contacted HIV. I thought it was draconian for the nba to force him to retire even though the probability of transmission on the court is low through basketball contact and the knowledge of the virus was not that advanced. Magic should have had the freedom to play basketball with the virus and if others got the virus then it’s tough shit for them. They are just paying the price for magics freedom.

To extend this further (no pun intended) because it’s not 100% that HIV patients can infect others through unprotected sex, magic should have been allowed to sleep around town without strapping on.

ambchang
10-01-2021, 07:49 AM
or drive drunk

People can’t drive drunk? That’s just barbaric! Where’s their freedom? They should drive whenever and however they want! Why do they have to obey those stupid coloured lights? I’m a grown up and I know what is safe for me without being jerked around by those stupid like blinking lights.

TDfan2007
10-01-2021, 09:14 AM
Though I suppose if you can believe a man who was his own father but also a different person could be born from a virgin, crucified, left to rot for three days until he stank, then magically came back to life, you can probably be made to believe anything.

Ding ding ding. This is the unfortunate aspect of anti-vaxers and the MAGA crowd that doesn't get enough play. It's one hell of a correlation, tbh...

Millennial_Messiah
10-01-2021, 02:39 PM
KAJ the senile old globalized faggot. Lew alcindumbass needs to get off his high horse.

My Body, My Choice. Anyone who thinks this should apply to abortion but not covaxmania is a braying, putrid, flaming hypocrite.

for the record, I'm a libertarian and I believe it applies to both. Those on the far religious right are equally hypocritical for applying it to one but not the other.

Neo.
10-01-2021, 02:49 PM
KAJ the senile old globalized faggot. Lew alcindumbass needs to get off his high horse.

My Body, My Choice. Anyone who thinks this should apply to abortion but not covaxmania is a braying, putrid, flaming hypocrite.

for the record, I'm a libertarian and I believe it applies to both. Those on the far religious right are equally hypocritical for applying it to one but not the other.

so what about regards for the well being of others that could be severely affected by those who take no precautions? just "too bad" for them?

lefty
10-01-2021, 03:19 PM
so what about regards for the well being of others that could be severely affected by those who take no precautions? just "too bad" for them?
"My body, not their choice"
:lol Anti-vaxxers are a bunch of selfish phaggots tbh

Millennial_Messiah
10-01-2021, 03:25 PM
:lmao "Others"..... have the choice to go out or not go out, get one of 3 shots or not get it, or get a virus that is barely worse than a common cold that might make them sick a day or a few days (I was sick for about 12 hours when I had it) and a 99.7% survival rate.

:lol globalist false-"altruist" delicate faggot liberals treating this low-rent URI outbreak like ebola

using "b-b-b-but Muh others... Waaaahh you SELFISH!!!1!!one!!1!eleven!1!" is a communist argument. Not even socialism... pure communism.

Part of me wishes Ebola 2014 would have had a covid esque pathogenic/infection rate in the USA, if not to wipe out a fifth of the US population then to at least have something to blame Obama for. Obama had it VERY easy in his 8 years compared to Bush or even Trump's only 4 years. look at the lack of hurricanes, foreign issues, and pandemics Obama faced compared to his predecessor and successor.

Dirks_Finale
10-01-2021, 04:09 PM
"My body, not their choice"
:lol Anti-vaxxers are a bunch of selfish phaggots tbh

I'm not a anti-vaxxer at all, I got it and think it's a good idea. But we do have n95 masks readily available for people who are still uneasy about going out in public even though they are vaxxed. And unlike cloth masks, they actually offer good protection if properly fitted.

Neo.
10-01-2021, 04:11 PM
:lmao "Others"..... have the choice to go out or not go out, get one of 3 shots or not get it, or get a virus that is barely worse than a common cold that might make them sick a day or a few days (I was sick for about 12 hours when I had it) and a 99.7% survival rate.

:lol globalist false-"altruist" delicate faggot liberals treating this low-rent URI outbreak like ebola

using "b-b-b-but Muh others... Waaaahh you SELFISH!!!1!!one!!1!eleven!1!" is a communist argument. Not even socialism... pure communism.

Part of me wishes Ebola 2014 would have had a covid esque pathogenic/infection rate in the USA, if not to wipe out a fifth of the US population then to at least have something to blame Obama for. Obama had it VERY easy in his 8 years compared to Bush or even Trump's only 4 years. look at the lack of hurricanes, foreign issues, and pandemics Obama faced compared to his predecessor and successor.

oh so basically everyone should cater to the desires of those who choose to take no precautions and dont care about spreading the virus further, got it :tu

then again, i guess i shouldnt expect much more from a guy who deserted his wife and children and is proud of it

Millennial_Messiah
10-01-2021, 04:14 PM
oh so basically everyone should cater to the desires of those who choose to take no precautions and dont care about spreading the virus further, got it :tu

then again, i guess i shouldnt expect much more from a guy who deserted his wife and children and is proud of it
:lol "others"....

Forced altruism is anti-individualist, anti-constitutional, anti-John Locke, pro-Thomas Hobbes, and anti-American. It is straight up communism. Get out of my country, move to a more leftist country that has a population full of people and government you agree with, and don't-fucking-tread-on-me. GTFO.

Neo.
10-01-2021, 04:14 PM
I'm not a anti-vaxxer at all, I got it and think it's a good idea. But we do have n95 masks readily available for people who are still uneasy about going out in public even though they are vaxxed. And unlike cloth masks, they actually offer good protection if properly fitted.

the issue is about the pathetically selfish viewpoints some have, not the precautions that are available

Neo.
10-01-2021, 04:16 PM
:lol "others"....

Forced altruism is anti-individualist, anti-constitutional, anti-John Locke, pro-Thomas Hobbes, and anti-American. It is straight up communism. Get out of my country, move to a more leftist country that has a population full of people and government you agree with, and don't-fucking-tread-on-me. GTFO.

i dont care about any of that, i have no share or care about your political fight

:lmao whining about labels and you immediately label people that you know nothing about

but we all know about you abandoning your wife and kids and that youre proud of it. cool guy, you are

Millennial_Messiah
10-01-2021, 04:18 PM
i dont care about any of that, i have no share or care about your political fight

:lmao whining about labels and you immediately label people that you know nothing about

but we all know about you abandoning your wife and kids and that youre proud of it. cool guy, you are
My soon to be ex-wife (divorce will clear end of this month) and child that isn't biologically mine left me, for a state far out west in a very remote location... not the other way around... but whatever little-pecker trojan fits your dick, I guess

Neo.
10-01-2021, 04:20 PM
My soon to be ex-wife (divorce will clear end of this month) and child that isn't biologically mine left me, for a state far out west in a very remote location... not the other way around... but whatever little-pecker trojan fits your dick, I guess

"durhrhrh i was sleeping around and my wife didnt like it, so technically she left me, i didnt leave her!!!11!!!111!1"

you never cease to amaze, andy

Millennial_Messiah
10-01-2021, 04:23 PM
"durhrhrh i was sleeping around and my wife didnt like it, so technically she left me, i didnt leave her!!!11!!!111!1"

you never cease to amaze, andy

She didn't know of my "sleeping around" endeavors, all but one happened outside of Texas. She literally moved out of Texas to a sparsely populated western state. Literally moved out of Texas and that bitch took the $34K AWD Highlander that I bought her with my own hard earned cash and drove it to shitass podunk Wyoming.

You never cease to amaze with your lack of logic, tbh.

Neo.
10-01-2021, 04:28 PM
She didn't know of my "sleeping around" endeavors, all but one happened outside of Texas. She literally moved out of Texas to a sparsely populated western state. Literally moved out of Texas and that bitch took the $34K AWD Highlander that I bought her with my own hard earned cash and drove it to shitass podunk Wyoming.

You never cease to amaze with your lack of logic, tbh.

and somehow in andys mind, that makes it okay, because she supposedly "didnt know" and all but one was "outside of texas"

Leetonidas
10-01-2021, 04:32 PM
Andy spends way too much time on 4chan

Millennial_Messiah
10-01-2021, 04:46 PM
Andy spends way too much time on 4chan

Never posted on that website. I only viewed the /b/ twice, once in 2007 and another time in 2009. I was however a diehard poster on the IGN boards from about 2006-2010 until getting permabanned for too many minor offenses, mostly "gay bashing" and "boobs".... it definitely became very snowflake and left wing over the years. Not surprised considering it's based in Silicon Valley, I guess.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-01-2021, 07:54 PM
sorry your wife suckered you into caring for a bastard child tbh

ElNono
10-02-2021, 12:59 AM
think drunk driving is more on point since you endanger others on top of yourself

seat belts only protect others insofar as you wont launch out of your vehicle like a torpedo

I think actually is more on point in that it forces the stupid to self-preserve, and we also had muh freedoms idiocy over det one as well.

lmbebo
10-02-2021, 11:45 AM
Employers can mandate vaccination as part of employment, NBA and its players aren't immune from that. No different than requiring annual flu vaccine, hepatitis vaccinations, etc.

They are free to chose to not get vaccinated, but consequences is that they will not get paid for services not rendered because of that decision. I doubt a team would break their contract for breach, but they could lose their job. Thats freedom too... door swings both ways.

Its not about their personal health and safety, but about everyone around them. Coaches, ancillary staff, fans, etc. Its a public pandemic, certain amount of individual liberty gets thrown out the window. Its happened time and time again. People were involuntarily sent to sanatoriums in the US because they had tuberculosis. You can be hospitalized against your will if they think you are a danger to yourself or others because of mental illness.

These players have nothing to stand on, unless they can prove a high risk from receiving it, like history gullien barre or multiple sclerosis, etc. They are being selfish divas who feel entitled to dictate everything because they make money (American dream)

Mark Celibate
10-02-2021, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=Rummpd;10609622]They're individuals who are free to make their own personal health decisions.[/QUOTE

I don't understand this argument. It's pretty well known at this point that those who are vaccinated can get COVID, but supposedly with less severe symptoms. So how are they anymore at risk? CNN, Saint Lemon, Lord Biden etc have told me for months now that it's only the unvaccinated at risk, they're the only ones in the hospital etc etc etc

Millennial_Messiah
10-02-2021, 09:43 PM
I don't understand this argument. It's pretty well known at this point that those who are vaccinated can get COVID, but supposedly with less severe symptoms. So how are they anymore at risk? CNN, Saint Lemon, Lord Biden etc have told me for months now that it's only the unvaccinated at risk, they're the only ones in the hospital etc etc etc
:toast

Chris Fall
10-03-2021, 01:33 AM

It could be indirectly. Some players take care of their parents, grandparents, maybe a more vulnerable family member. Unvaccinated players will also be in contact with more than just other NBA players who are young and healthy.

Being unvaccinated increases the odds of infection and transmission. An unvaccinated NBA player gets it, has no symptoms, plays, gets 5 other players infected, one referee, and another 2 stadium staff members infected, all vaccinated. None of the 5 vaccinated players have symptoms but one player gets his 70 year old grandfather sick and he gets a severe case, the referee gets sick and infects his wife who has cancer, she's on a ventilator, the one stadium staffer who gets it is vaccinated but has Lupus, she dies.

The unvaccinated player later tests positive a couple days later. None of the players got sick or even knew they had it. This is how it spread so crazy to begin with. The people who didn't show symptoms passing it on to more vulnerable people.

It's all odds related. Vaccination doesn't end transmission. But it helps the odds tremendously. Unvaccinated people don't consider the indirect consequences. The unvaccinated covid patients taking ICU beds from non covid patients, for example. People have died because they couldn't get into the ICU for medical attention and procedures that could have saved their lives because unvaccinated covid patients have flooded ICU wards.

When you can't consider things other than direct actions and direct consequences, you fail to understand why we're still in a shithole place with this pandemic. And you'll make up excuses why pro vaxxers are dramatic, self righteous zealots. But in reality, you're just selfish assholes.

Mark Celibate
10-03-2021, 07:58 AM
It could be indirectly. Some players take care of their parents, grandparents, maybe a more vulnerable family member. Unvaccinated players will also be in contact with more than just other NBA players who are young and healthy.

Being unvaccinated increases the odds of infection and transmission. An unvaccinated NBA player gets it, has no symptoms, plays, gets 5 other players infected, one referee, and another 2 stadium staff members infected, all vaccinated. None of the 5 vaccinated players have symptoms but one player gets his 70 year old grandfather sick and he gets a severe case, the referee gets sick and infects his wife who has cancer, she's on a ventilator, the one stadium staffer who gets it is vaccinated but has Lupus, she dies.

The unvaccinated player later tests positive a couple days later. None of the players got sick or even knew they had it. This is how it spread so crazy to begin with. The people who didn't show symptoms passing it on to more vulnerable people.

This has been debated for months now. There have been several reports from qualified outlets showing that vaccinated individuals carry just as high a viral load as those that are unvaccinated. To claim that your opinion is correct just because CNN and Lord Biden said so is the ultimate form of 'douchebaggery'. Which 'science' is correct in this info?

It's all odds related. Vaccination doesn't end transmission. But it helps the odds tremendously. Unvaccinated people don't consider the indirect consequences. The unvaccinated covid patients taking ICU beds from non covid patients, for example. People have died because they couldn't get into the ICU for medical attention and procedures that could have saved their lives because unvaccinated covid patients have flooded ICU wards.

When you can't consider things other than direct actions and direct consequences, you fail to understand why we're still in a shithole place with this pandemic. And you'll make up excuses why pro vaxxers are dramatic, self righteous zealots. But in reality, you're just selfish assholes.

:lol

Considering obesity is the #1 health-related killer in the US, I always find it funny how nobody calls them "selfish" for the same reason. Shouldn't we be just as angry as the spurstalk GTG lardass who gulps down 50 hotdogs a day for taking up a hospital room whenever they have their inevitable heart attack, stroke, etc. Instead we're told not to 'fat shame' while you fags get more outraged over a disease with a 99.98% survival rate then Spurfan over Jason Terry's nut punch

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2021, 08:43 AM

Being unvaccinated increases the odds of infection and transmission. An unvaccinated NBA player gets it, has no symptoms, plays, gets 5 othe.r players infected, one referee, and another 2 stadium staff members infected, all vaccinated. None of the 5 vaccinated players have symptoms but one player gets his 70 year old grandfather sick and he gets a severe case, the referee gets sick and infects his wife who has cancer, she's on a ventilator, the one stadium staffer who gets it is vaccinated but has Lupus, she dies.

It's all odds related. Vaccination doesn't end transmission. But it helps the odds tremendously. Unvaccinated people don't consider the indirect consequences. The unvaccinated covid patients taking ICU beds from non covid patients, for example. People have died because they couldn't get into the ICU for medical attention and procedures that could have saved their lives because unvaccinated covid patients have flooded ICU wards

And yet they are firing their unvaxxed and already over worked staff. Somehow the math does not add up if the ICU's are full. :lol

But you are correct that as a nation we have failed in covid response. I'm conservative and freely admit that Trump should have been more forthcoming and candid with the American people... his "slow the testing down" comments are some of the stupidest sh1t I have ever heard.

ambchang
10-03-2021, 09:43 AM
Vaccines have been in use for more than 200 years, not to mention it being a part of everybody’s lives and it’s amazing how large of segment of the population does not understand how it works. It’s even more amazing that those who are ignorant are so vocal on this subject not realize how stupid it makes them look.

MarCowMar
10-03-2021, 10:38 AM
Vaccines have been in use for more than 200 years, not to mention it being a part of everybody’s lives and it’s amazing how large of segment of the population does not understand how it works. It’s even more amazing that those who are ignorant are so vocal on this subject not realize how stupid it makes them look.

There is indeed a large segment of the population who doesn't know how these products work, and it's the segment that projects the characteristics of fully tested, attenuated virus vaccines onto these spike protein generating, experimental products.

And wow, you can really tell who gets their information from the teevee on here:

"Being unvaccinated increases the odds of infection and transmission."

"But we do have n95 masks readily available for people who are still uneasy about going out in public even though they are vaxxed. And unlike cloth masks, they actually offer good protection if properly fitted."

"No different than requiring annual flu vaccine, hepatitis vaccinations, etc."

"They are being selfish divas..."

"The bigger picture as it has been with almost all vaccines is that if you reduce the amount of time the virus is in a person, the less time it has to spread. "

All these products do is give you a concentrated dose of the original Wuhan bioweapon spike protein, or in the case of the mRNA versions, they essentially turn your body into a spike protein producing virus. They are not vaccines. They don't reduce your risk of becoming sick. They increase your risk of being hospitalized. They cause the in-the-wild versions of COVID to become more deadly.

The CDC HIDES all this by treating people with (one of the two doses), or people who have been (recently vaccinated) as (UNVACCINATED). Why do you always see the numbers broken down as vaccinated vs unvaccinated, when the reality is that a huge chunk of the population is partially vaccinated?

Because:

Unvaccinated
1/2 Doses Vaccinated <---- Most of the deaths and hospitalizations....
2/2 Doses Vaccinated but < 14 days <---- ...are in these two groups, and being categorized as "unvaccinated"
Vaccinated > 14 Days

The people who are vaccinated and at > 14 days are the survivors of the vaccine. The unvaccinated are the pure bloods who won't need medical treatment for the rest of their lives.

Neo.
10-03-2021, 11:57 AM
All these products do is give you a concentrated dose of the original Wuhan bioweapon spike protein, or in the case of the mRNA versions, they essentially turn your body into a spike protein producing virus. They are not vaccines. They don't reduce your risk of becoming sick. They increase your risk of being hospitalized. They cause the in-the-wild versions of COVID to become more deadly.

The CDC HIDES all this by treating people with (one of the two doses), or people who have been (recently vaccinated) as (UNVACCINATED). Why do you always see the numbers broken down as vaccinated vs unvaccinated, when the reality is that a huge chunk of the population is partially vaccinated?
proof?

baseline bum
10-03-2021, 12:35 PM
There is indeed a large segment of the population who doesn't know how these products work, and it's the segment that projects the characteristics of fully tested, attenuated virus vaccines onto these spike protein generating, experimental products.

And wow, you can really tell who gets their information from the teevee on here:

"But we do have n95 masks readily available for people who are still uneasy about going out in public even though they are vaxxed. And unlike cloth masks, they actually offer good protection if properly fitted."

"The bigger picture as it has been with almost all vaccines is that if you reduce the amount of time the virus is in a person, the less time it has to spread. "

Because:

Unvaccinated
2/2 Doses Vaccinated but < 14 days <---- ...are in these two groups, and being categorized as "unvaccinated"
Vaccinated > 14 Days

The people who are vaccinated and at > 14 days are the survivors of the vaccine. The unvaccinated are the pure bloods who won't need medical treatment for the rest of their lives.

LOL shithead who gets disinformation from Facebook

baseline bum
10-03-2021, 12:42 PM
And yet they are firing their unvaxxed and already over worked staff. Somehow the math does not add up if the ICU's are full. :lol

But you are correct that as a nation we have failed in covid response. I'm conservative and freely admit that Trump should have been more forthcoming and candid with the American people... his "slow the testing down" comments are some of the stupidest sh1t I have ever heard.

As they should be. Last thing people admitted for emergency non COVID care need is to get infected by a nurse who isn't taking the pandemic seriously when they're in a weakened state and will have a ton of contact with said nurse.

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2021, 01:15 PM
As they should be. Last thing people admitted for emergency non COVID care need is to get infected by a nurse who isn't taking the pandemic seriously when they're in a weakened state and will have a ton of contact with said nurse.

Same people who worked through the pandemic while most others were hiding under their beds for a year. Most of them likely have been infected and have natural immunity.

Neo.
10-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Same people who worked through the pandemic while most others were hiding under their beds for a year. Most of them likely have been infected and have natural immunity.

lol conjecture

baseline bum
10-03-2021, 01:49 PM

So that would actually be a case of breaking HIPAA to verify whether or not they had already been infected, so the hospitals must assume they haven't and thus will be prime candidates to be COVID vectors to their sick patients.

ambchang
10-03-2021, 02:21 PM

Because:

Unvaccinated
Vaccinated > 14 Days

The average intelligence of the entire internet just dropped 15 points after this post …. Giving the internet iq of —15.

spurraider21
10-03-2021, 03:27 PM

Ef-man
10-03-2021, 08:16 PM

Yup, his religious exemption was denied.

DMC
10-03-2021, 08:47 PM
Kareem, same one who said the Bucks couldn't win a ring as currently constructed about 2 weeks before they won a ring.

Dirks_Finale
10-03-2021, 09:09 PM
lol conjecture

What if they can prove it? Should they be allowed an exemption?

spurraider21
10-03-2021, 09:10 PM
Kareem, same one who said the Bucks couldn't win a ring as currently constructed about 2 weeks before they won a ring.
he was correct that these people wont put their money where their mouth is. wiggins already bent the knee

Neo.
10-03-2021, 09:38 PM
What if they can prove it? Should they be allowed an exemption?

considering the majority of studies have shown that natural immunity is still not as effective as a vaccination, and my focus is on helping people as opposed to "muh rights" I personally would say no

DMC
10-03-2021, 10:32 PM
he was correct that these people wont put their money where their mouth is. wiggins already bent the knee

It sounds clever but in reality he's telling someone to choose their health over their career, and we already know many players don't do that regardless of COVID.

spurraider21
10-03-2021, 10:58 PM
It sounds clever but in reality he's telling someone to choose their health over their career, and we already know many players don't do that regardless of COVID.
who is having to give up their career over their health?

TDfan2007
10-04-2021, 08:17 AM

Because:

Unvaccinated
Vaccinated > 14 Days

This statement demonstrates a lack of understanding of how viruses and immunity work. That spike protein is only a small part of the covid virus. Without the rest of the virus (the envelope, the complete RNA genome), the spike protein is harmless. It's just a foreign protein that can't invade or destroy your cells.

Your body then recognizes this foreign protein and generates antibodies and an overall immune response to this protein. So the next time the actual covid virus comes into your body and shows the spike protein to your body, your immune system is ready and destroys the virus.

TDfan2007
10-04-2021, 08:23 AM
[QUOTE=Rummpd;10609643]

Those who are unvaccinated are at a much higher risk of transmitting the disease to others, as well as having severe illness or hospitalization themselves. Unfortunately, this vaccine is not yet approved in children less than 12 years old, so all of those kids are at greater risk being around unvaccinated people.

In fact, we're seeing more children with covid and covid related illnesses now than even during the height of the pandemic last year.

There are also immunocompromised people (diabetes, transplant recipients, etc) whose bodies may not respond fully to the vaccine and to depend on us for protection.

TDfan2007
10-04-2021, 08:34 AM
This has been debated for months now. There have been several reports from qualified outlets showing that vaccinated individuals carry just as high a viral load as those that are unvaccinated. To claim that your opinion is correct just because CNN and Lord Biden said so is the ultimate form of 'douchebaggery'. Which 'science' is correct in this info?

:lol

Considering obesity is the #1 health-related killer in the US, I always find it funny how nobody calls them "selfish" for the same reason. Shouldn't we be just as angry as the spurstalk GTG lardass who gulps down 50 hotdogs a day for taking up a hospital room whenever they have their inevitable heart attack, stroke, etc. Instead we're told not to 'fat shame' while you fags get more outraged over a disease with a 99.98% survival rate then Spurfan over Jason Terry's nut punch

It would very unusual/pretty much impossible for the viral loads to be the same. The whole point of vaccination is to minimize the viral load by having your immune system primed and ready to attack and destroy the virus before it can replicate enough to cause significant illness.

Nobody is quite sure at exactly what viral load you become contagious, but we do know that the higher the viral load, the higher your risk of spreading the disease. These vaccinations have been proven to decrease the viral load and the ability of the virus to spread, and this has been proven across multiple studies in the MEDICAL journals, so I have no idea what you're referencing.

And your point about obesity is somewhat valid. For the vast majority of obese patients, it is a choice and most of us do end up paying for their poor decisions in some way. And trust me, if there was some sort of way to vaccinate against obesity, you'd best believe we'd do it lol. However, there are plenty of people who go to hospitals for non-obesity related conditions such as trauma, stroke, type 1 diabetes, and severe non-covid infections. These people are also losing access to care.

Neo.
10-04-2021, 08:48 AM

not remotely comparable

obesity is not contagious

baseline bum
10-04-2021, 09:04 AM

It was puzzling as hell why he wouldn't have gotten one from the beginning. Not like Wiggins is ever going to again see a contract for the kind of money he'll be making this year and next on his current deal.

Dirks_Finale
10-04-2021, 09:09 AM
not remotely comparable

The biggest mask Karens out there are often morbidly obese. They want you to wear a mask because they now care so deeply about their health.

Neo.
10-04-2021, 09:52 AM
The biggest mask Karens out there are often morbidly obese. They want you to wear a mask because they now care so deeply about their health.

so obesity isn't contagious. thanks for confirming.

rjv
10-04-2021, 11:56 AM

edit: GFY as always, Blue Santa Faggs.

no. he just uses sound logic. you might want to try it some time.

rjv
10-04-2021, 11:58 AM
not remotely comparable

false equivalency is just one of the many fallacies ST posters love to defer to.

Mark Celibate
10-04-2021, 01:03 PM
not remotely comparable

i was strictly referring to his "you're taking up an ICU bed" argument. I'm only comparing it to obesity on that point, not as a whole tbh

DMC
10-04-2021, 02:32 PM
who is having to give up their career over their health?

If he suggests they quit basketball over their concerns, he's saying give up your career in favor of your health.

DMC
10-04-2021, 02:37 PM
so obesity isn't contagious. thanks for confirming.

There are more obese people than people infected with COVID.

spurraider21
10-04-2021, 02:42 PM
If he suggests they quit basketball over their concerns, he's saying give up your career in favor of your health.
their concerns =/= their health

if i refuse to play in a stadium that has wifi because i believe wifi is a mind control device, it would be pretty weird for a third party observer to say that i'm refusing to play in favor of my health

DMC
10-04-2021, 02:49 PM
their concerns =/= their health

if i refuse to play in a stadium that has wifi because i believe wifi is a mind control device, it would be pretty weird for a third party observer to say that i'm refusing to play in favor of my health

What if you refused to play in a stadium that had wifi because you thought wifi would harm you in some way, might lead to brain cancer, etc???

Maybe wrong, maybe you have mental issues, but your reason for not playing would be to preserve what you consider to be your health.

Neo.
10-04-2021, 03:20 PM
There are more obese people than people infected with COVID.

and yet it's still not infectious

DMC
10-04-2021, 04:26 PM
and yet it's still not infectious

It doesn't settle the debate about immunity though. Why would a vaccinated person care if they are exposed? I don't worry about being exposed to Polio because someone wasn't vaccinated.

Dirks_Finale
10-04-2021, 04:36 PM
It doesn't settle the debate about immunity though. Why would a vaccinated person care if they are exposed? I don't worry about being exposed to Polio because someone wasn't vaccinated.

This.

Well, you could get a "break through" case, get real sick and die. You could also drown in your own bath tub. Odds are about the same.

I was with the maskers until we got the vaccines and readily available n95's. Now they have lost me with this lunacy.

TDfan2007
10-04-2021, 04:50 PM
This.

Well, you could get a "break through" case, get real sick and die. You could also drown in your own bath tub. Odds are about the same.

I was with the maskers until we got the vaccines and readily available n95's. Now they have lost me with this lunacy.

If we were anywhere near 90% vaccination as a country, the masks wouldn't be needed. Unfortunately, we're still a ways off, but the numbers are getting better and better, so it gives me hope

Chris Fall
10-04-2021, 05:03 PM
The vaccinated aren't necessarily only concerned about being exposed. Some might be worried about that, but there are additional concerns with the unvaccinated.

It's already been mentioned, but in cities and towns that still have high covid rates and consequently overwhelmed ICU wards, the unvaccinated sick covid patients are the ones overwhelming those hospitals. And some vaccinated people who are in need of ICU beds don't get them. Because of the unvaccinated.

The bigger picture concern is about getting through this pandemic in general. Some recent medical opinions estimate that herd immunity may require as much as 90% of the population being immune. With the variants and what has emerged as a two month cycle of high transmission then low transmission then back to high transmission, the country and the world still has to deal with the associated social restrictions that come with covid, from masks to social distancing to certain lockdowns and shutdowns. Some of us vaccinated people want to get back to normal or as close as we can. Getting everyone vaccinated gets us closer to that and more quickly. If the US continues to ride the line of 55% vaccinated, we're going to have to deal with mask mandates, quarantines, lockdowns for longer.

That's what the vaccinated are concerned with. But many unvaccinated can't see past their bathroom mirrors and their "muhhh rights, muhhh freedoms."

Dirks_Finale
10-04-2021, 05:04 PM
If we were anywhere near 90% vaccination as a country, the masks wouldn't be needed. Unfortunately, we're still a ways off, but the numbers are getting better and better, so it gives me hope

Yeah, I think this will be endemic, unfortunately. Instead of get your annual flu shot it will be get your annual flu+covid shot. All in one jab, though, if you go with Moderna.

Neo.
10-04-2021, 05:12 PM

lol thinking obesity and its not being an infectious virus has anything to do with how an infectious disease spreads

what claims of immunity exist in regards to the vaccine?

Neo.
10-04-2021, 05:13 PM
This.

does the vaccine claim to provide total immunity?

Neo.
10-04-2021, 05:14 PM
The vaccinated aren't necessarily only concerned about being exposed. Some might be worried about that, but there are additional concerns with the unvaccinated.

It's already been mentioned, but in cities and towns that still have high covid rates and consequently overwhelmed ICU wards, the unvaccinated sick covid patients are the ones overwhelming those hospitals. And some vaccinated people who are in need of ICU beds don't get them. Because of the unvaccinated.

The bigger picture concern is about getting through this pandemic in general. Some recent medical opinions estimate that herd immunity may require as much as 90% of the population being immune. With the variants and what has emerged as a two month cycle of high transmission then low transmission then back to high transmission, the country and the world still has to deal with the associated social restrictions that come with covid, from masks to social distancing to certain lockdowns and shutdowns. Some of us vaccinated people want to get back to normal or as close as we can. Getting everyone vaccinated gets us closer to that and more quickly. If the US continues to ride the line of 55% vaccinated, we're going to have to deal with mask mandates, quarantines, lockdowns for longer.

That's what the vaccinated are concerned with. But many unvaccinated can't see past their bathroom mirrors and their "muhhh rights, muhhh freedoms."

dont try to use actual logic and reasoning. its simply too logical and makes too much sense for dmc and dirksfinale

DMC
10-04-2021, 05:27 PM
So assume we are at 100% vaccinated. Why not still socially distance and wear masks? Explain to me why that shouldn't go on forever without special pleading.

DMC
10-04-2021, 05:29 PM

Who's being kicked out of the hospital? Are hordes dying because they cannot get medical care? Don't give me an anecdote about a stage 5 brain cancer patient being sent home and dying.

Neo.
10-04-2021, 05:32 PM
So assume we are at 100% vaccinated. Why not still socially distance and wear masks? Explain to me why that shouldn't go on forever without special pleading.

explain the link between obesity and how viruses spread

Chris Fall
10-04-2021, 05:59 PM
Who's being kicked out of the hospital? Are hordes dying because they cannot get medical care? Don't give me an anecdote about a stage 5 brain cancer patient being sent home and dying.

Not all ICU patients are terminal. There are patients that require ICU beds for high success procedures. Read a case where a guy needed a pancreas procedure in Houston about a month ago when Delta was surging, couldn't get a bed. The procedure was a standard procedure with a high success rate. He died waiting for one of the ICU beds taken by unvaccinated covid patients. He would be alive and well otherwise. I'm sure there are plenty of examples in locations with overwhelmed ICUs.

You can say what you want, believe what you want. I don't care about the politics of covid. I don't care about winning messageboard arguments about covid. I just want us to get through covid once and for all. Vaccines help us to do that. But there are some who will just keep finding excuses and backwards logic that keep us at this stage of impasse in the pandemic. Things might get a little better. Things might get a little worse. Then it starts all over again. Because not enough of us will do what's best for all of us. It's just maddening.

Mark Celibate
10-04-2021, 06:32 PM

Yes! Let's all get vaccinated, free up the ICU beds and then everything will return to norm....err, wait a minute....

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2018/01/10/flu-outbreak-hospitals-facing-visitor-restrictions-icu-bed-shortages-visitor-restrictions-flu-outbre/1021545001/

Also, as I mentioned before, where is all the outrage over the widespread obesity in the US? Considering the majority of those in the hospital and 'taking up beds' are those who are obese and made poor choices regarding their health, shouldn't we be scolding the TParks/mookies of the world everytime we catch them inhaling a Big Mac?

baseline bum
10-04-2021, 06:34 PM
Yes! Let's all get vaccinated, free up the ICU beds and then everything will return to norm....err, wait a minute....

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2018/01/10/flu-outbreak-hospitals-facing-visitor-restrictions-icu-bed-shortages-visitor-restrictions-flu-outbre/1021545001/

Also, as I mentioned before, where is all the outrage over the widespread obesity in the US? Considering the majority of those in the hospital and 'taking up beds' are those who are obese and made poor choices regarding their health, shouldn't we be scolding the TParks/mookies of the world everytime we catch them inhaling a Big Mac?

Huge amount of overlap in the Venn diagrams of obese Americans and antivaxxtard Americans tbh

Mark Celibate
10-04-2021, 06:55 PM
Huge amount of overlap in the Venn diagrams of obese Americans and antivaxxtard Americans tbh

probably true tbh and anybody who is at high risk and doesn't get vaxxed is retarded

pic related

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/madison.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/a/5f/a5f48775-c994-55e7-8ce1-2fab425fd921/60775d368cd13.image.jpg

Dirks_Finale
10-04-2021, 08:05 PM
does the vaccine claim to provide total immunity?

No, but damn near it.

Neo.
10-04-2021, 10:04 PM
No

Neo.
10-04-2021, 10:08 PM

again not comparable

if obesity could be nearly fixed with something as simple as a vaccine, then there's an argument here

monosylab1k
10-04-2021, 10:12 PM

You can’t spread obesity by coughing on people. That’s why it’s different.

But at the same time, the idea that we shouldn’t push for a healthier society, and need to just applaud people with the courage to proudly live their morbidly obese lifestyle is incredibly stupid.

spankadelphia
10-07-2021, 10:44 PM
The COVID "vaccine" has to be one of the most useless of all time, aside from it using experimental methods and having a list of worrying side effects and in fact behaving in ways they promised were "impossible". It has, what, a six month duration? You can still get sick and show symptoms? It apparently does almost nothing to suppress spread? It has the potential to kill people for whom COVID poses zero risk? This fucking D- effort is the moon shot equivalent of strapping astronauts to V-2 rockets and aiming them in the general direction of the lunar orbit. (Well, they'll land somewhere.)

How is this threadbare narrative justifying compulsory COVID "vaccinations" still holding up? There is something truly wrong with the world we live in where talented tenth bouncy ball players have to (and easily can) rebut health care bureaucrat claims that are transparently bogus.

ambchang
10-08-2021, 06:44 AM
The COVID "vaccine" has to be one of the most useless of all time, aside from it using experimental methods and having a list of worrying side effects and in fact behaving in ways they promised were "impossible". It has, what, a six month duration? You can still get sick and show symptoms? It apparently does almost nothing to suppress spread? It has the potential to kill people for whom COVID poses zero risk? This fucking D- effort is the moon shot equivalent of strapping astronauts to V-2 rockets and aiming them in the general direction of the lunar orbit. (Well, they'll land somewhere.)

How is this threadbare narrative justifying compulsory COVID "vaccinations" still holding up? There is something truly wrong with the world we live in where talented tenth bouncy ball players have to (and easily can) rebut health care bureaucrat claims that are transparently bogus.

You can say the same about seatbelts. Go protest against those.

Chad.
10-08-2021, 09:58 AM
You can say the same about seatbelts. Go protest against those.

actually it’s not a valid comparison at all you filthy g00k. Seatbelts do not have a risk of adverse side effects and are universally beneficial to everyone

Chad.
10-08-2021, 09:59 AM

It’s just another power grab by the Jews to transfer wealth from the middle class.

ambchang
10-08-2021, 01:36 PM
actually it’s not a valid comparison at all you filthy g00k. Seatbelts do not have a risk of adverse side effects and are universally beneficial to everyone

You’ve not heard of seatbelts causing death in kids?

TDfan2007
10-08-2021, 04:17 PM

Thank you for highlighting another vaccine-preventable illness.

The percentage of people who get their annual flu vaccine is abysmally low. I used to see these people almost weekly in clinics. The idea that you would get the flu from the flu vaccine is one of the OGs of medical misinformation.

TDfan2007
10-08-2021, 04:21 PM
This whataboutism regarding obesity is so stupid. I don't see anyone here arguing that obesity is a good thing, or not a public health crisis. Unfortunately, the issue of obesity cannot be solved with something as simple as a vaccine. There are a lot of medical, cultural, and socioeconomic factors that play into our country's obesity rate.

Also, and I can't stress this enough, obesity is not contagious, and you're not actively endangering the lives of others by choosing to be obese. Smh...

Mark Celibate
10-09-2021, 07:12 AM

The percentage of people who get their annual flu vaccine is abysmally low. I used to see these people almost weekly in clinics. The idea that you would get the flu from the flu vaccine is one of the OGs of medical misinformation.

Figured you’d have a faggy reply like this telling me to get the flu shot too. there’s literally nothing in that article that links the uptick to cases of the flu to vaccination rates.

JamStone
10-09-2021, 09:38 AM

Car accident, seatbelt causes a dislocated shoulder or cracked ribs.

Engine catches fires, person inside can’t get out of the car because the seatbelt is stuck. Gets burned alive.

Just like vaccines, the seatbelt adverse side effects might be fractions small and in the big picture be so rare to be insignificant, but there are adverse side effects.

monosylab1k
10-09-2021, 10:26 AM
Anti-vaxxers have the most retarded arguments :lmao

baseline bum
10-09-2021, 11:03 AM

What's funny is these same muh rights retards made up shit about seatbelts choking you and cutting off airflow back when the seatbelt laws started taking effect.

lefty
10-09-2021, 11:34 AM

Chad.
10-09-2021, 11:38 AM

ahh so were you just as outraged at those who didn't get the flu vaccine then when ICU beds were filling up with flu patients? Or are you just outraged right now because the guy on the tee-vee says you should be ? :lmao

monosylab1k
10-09-2021, 12:05 PM
ahh so were you just as outraged at those who didn't get the flu vaccine then when ICU beds were filling up with flu patients? Or are you just outraged right now because the guy on the tee-vee says you should be ? :lmao

This accusation here is being made by someone literally regurgitating Tucker Carlson talking points :lmao

Chad.
10-09-2021, 12:16 PM
This accusation here is being made by someone literally regurgitating Tucker Carlson talking points :lmao

Im still not getting The ClotShot...kek keep raging vaxxcuck :lmao

monosylab1k
10-09-2021, 12:20 PM
Im still not getting The ClotShot...kek keep raging vaxxcuck :lmao

ok:tu

ambchang
10-09-2021, 05:14 PM

That was an actual argument? It’s like the hospital didn’t know about a virus that’s been around 100 years and have built up capacity to combat those requiring ICU care, unlike COVID.

spankadelphia
10-14-2021, 11:52 PM
There's an interesting angle to the corporate enforcement of Dr. Fauci's miracle seed mandate, which is that it poisons workplace atmosphere by directly bringing in outside political conflict and taking a side in it in a high-handed manner. This is equivalent to having a company-wide meeting and making every white employee apologize one at a time for being racist. This is that level of political conflict, with the superficial justification that it is about "health". (Say, when are they going to get around to firing all the fat employees for driving up everyone's premiums?)

To me this signals just how large the gap is between the productive class and the managerial class, that they are willing to poison the atmosphere to that extent to look good to their corporate management peers (and to flatter themselves, I suppose). This is how they see their relationship to you. You can work at a place like that for awhile to collect paychecks, but eventually you will either loathe them or yourself: there's no other choice.

Note that you've never been obliged to provide proof of any vaccination before this (incredibly lousy) one--the "just the flu" virus, which Dr. Fauci's miracle seed does a piss-poor job against anyway. (And it was months ago that the number of CDC-claimed COVID infections was around 150 million--how is anyone left to still get and spread this thing?)

At this point it's time to stop kidding ourselves. Unless and until employees return to collective bargaining, this kind of mistreatment is the new normal. Being replaced by H-1Bs, being ordered to take useless medical procedures, being subjected to untouchable caste treatment by do-nothing assholes, what is it going to take for conservatives and moderates to get over their allergy to unionization? It's time for them to get over their resistance to doing anything and start organizing their workplaces. If you are waiting for a politician to fix this, you are an idiot.

And if you aren't looking for an exit strategy from a company that is treating its employees like this, what will it take?

lefty
10-15-2021, 08:52 AM

Dirks_Finale
10-15-2021, 12:38 PM

He's never been anti-vax.

lefty
10-15-2021, 12:49 PM
Better than Porker tbh

TDfan2007
10-15-2021, 01:09 PM

I'm not outraged by either, I'm saddened and frustrated.

I'm a doctor and my job is to keep people from getting ill and to help cure their illnesses when they do get sick. Vaccines are one of the most effective and safe advanced in all of modern medicine, but millions aren't taking them because they'd rather listen to their cousin on Facebook than people like myself who have studied these things our entire adult lives. The reason why the COVID situation is more frustrating than the flu is because we're in the middle of a PANDEMIC and the virus is actually deadlier than the flu, so...yeah. Frustrating.

Because about 3k people died in a terrorist attack, we all take off our shoes at the airport and get exposed to radiation from body scans without a complaint.

This virus has killed over 700,000 people (imagine 9/11 every day for an entire year), we found an answer, and people are refusing it. It's nuts.

TDfan2007
10-15-2021, 01:17 PM
Figured you’d have a faggy reply like this telling me to get the flu shot too. there’s literally nothing in that article that links the uptick to cases of the flu to vaccination rates.

:lol yes, you should get your flu shot as well. It's flu season...

ambchang
10-15-2021, 01:48 PM

13 month can get vaccines now? Or did he meant all the vaccines available to toddlers?

Dirks_Finale
10-15-2021, 05:32 PM
13 month can get vaccines now? Or did he meant all the vaccines available to toddlers?

I think he is talking about whooping cough

monosylab1k
10-15-2021, 06:10 PM

But he pushes the retarded “BuT wHaT aBoUt ObEsItY?” argument that purposely muddies the waters.

ElNono
10-17-2021, 04:05 PM
ESPN reporter Allison Williams leaving network due to vaccine mandate

Veteran reporter Allison Williams has decided to leave ESPN rather than comply with the network's mandate that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19.

Williams announced last month that for the first time in 15 years, she would not be on the sidelines during ESPN's college football broadcasts because she had declined the vaccine. (The network made vaccinations mandatory for staffers at live events at the beginning of August, then expanded it to all employees this month.)

Then on Friday, she posted a five-minute video on Instagram to explain her decision, saying she is "so morally and ethically not aligned with this" as she and her husband are looking to have another child.

Williams cited anecdotal evidence of women having health issues after getting the vaccine as one of the reasons she is choosing not to follow the company mandate.

However, the Centers for Disease Control has said there is currently no evidence the COVID vaccines cause fertility problems in women and men, and that "the benefits of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine outweigh any known or potential risks of vaccination during pregnancy."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/media/2021/10/17/allison-williams-leaving-espn-over-mandatory-vaccination-policy/8498841002/

lolololol, this vaccine mandate has been great at stamping out the dolts...

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-17-2021, 04:27 PM
can't hate on an anti-vaxxer sticking to their guns and being willing to pay the price for their beliefs

(i can lol though)

ambchang
10-17-2021, 07:10 PM
Anecdotal evidence? From who’s anecdote?