PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs vs. Jazz - Oct. 4, 2021

timvp
10-04-2021, 10:45 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san-antonio-spurs-utah-jazz-preseason-game-1/

prayingdog.jpg @ This being the start of Brian Wright's redemption tour

raybies
10-04-2021, 10:46 PM
who you think at this point gets the cuts lj?

timtonymanu
10-04-2021, 10:49 PM
Thanks, LJ! Hopefully this season is easier to watch and grade for you compared to what it's been the past 2 years.

Dejounte
10-04-2021, 10:50 PM
I will give credit to McDermott... he looks like one of those players who plays solid all the time. Not great, not bad, just good enough. We've had vets who'd hurt the team when they played on the floor. Doug gives a positive contribution at the minimum.

playblair
10-04-2021, 10:54 PM
whoevers idea it was to keep lma/deroza/gay/mills on the team for so long needs to be fired

Mr. Body
10-04-2021, 10:56 PM
Landale... clearly needs to adjust to the game's speed and physicality. His turnovers were largely because of underestimated opposing quickness. Clearly a smart player; he'll adjust quickly.

Samanic... he remains highly intriguing to me, steps away from a bit of a monster, just... is going to find that door?

Walker... I like the dude, but he gets spooked. You can tell his brain just wipes when he's approaching the rim or has to do complex defensive rotations.

The rest are about as expected. Kinda wish Vassell were less passive. Primo spending much time down below will be an utter waste of time.

tbdog
10-04-2021, 10:59 PM
timvp. Thanks again. Glad basketball is back.

raybies
10-04-2021, 11:05 PM
So here's some of my thoughts...

Starting top and down...

DJ is definitely a keeper IMO, he's got that junk yard dog type attitude that helps him to take over for stretches. I think as a third option or when he's got it rolling, it couldn't be anymore ideal for the future of this team.

White on the other, and from how long I've followed him is very situationally based. He has to be comfortable to play to his ceiling. He can be Jekyll and Hyde so much. I think he needs to lead the bench ala a Ginobili role. He has shown to be fragile in the past and a slightly smaller role minutes wise with increased responsibility may yield wonders. I think as a head of the snake for the bench it would allow him plenty of touches to establish his rhythm that should help for late game. Right now as a starter and when he plays off the ball, he has to resort to being a spot up shooter and that's just not his game.

KJ, showed a lot tonight. I'd like him to develop a low post game to get to the rim and that nice little fade we saw. He might find himself with a mismatch often and a low post game to bully smaller players could really help the team dynamic.

McDick really surprised me. I had no idea how good of a finisher he was. Just a great role player and excellent addition for this team. He fits flawlessly as far as I'm concerned.

Poetl played really well but if White isn't taken out I'm just not sure how you alleviate the huge potential shooting problem of the SL. I think Jock would fit here. But if Primo keeps playing like the way he is, I don't know how you can keep him out the starting lineup and his skillset covers all the voids.

Bryn. fvck

Vassell plays great D. I think his ceiling is about Ariza. He doesn't really have a knockdown shot at this point, his handles are loose and he doesn't know how to create a shot. He's a perfect Ariza or Bowen type complimentary piece as it stands.

Primo. Part goat and part mamba. He gonna have to earn his stripes and that may be hard, but he's the best prospect we've had since probably Ginobili... He's much better then Kawhi when he came out, that is for certain.

Jock. His skill set is just so tantalizing. If you consider what he can offer a team and if he was being drafted he would most definitely be a lottery pick. With that being said he's much older but he's got game man. I freaking love Aussies. They are tough as nails, and they play smart like Euros. This guys shot looks better than a lot of wings and guards, no cap.

Eubanks and really one of my favorite but I definitely respect him. He is a low flash, high substance guy who can just play. He has mad heart and he does the intangibles. I love the guy man. He's a solid backup.

Walker. I really think a change of scenery would be best for him. I don't think he plays free and Pop's coaching style kind of hurt him in that aspect. I think he can still be a great player I just think at least for our team he is expendable. It's just how do you extract how much he is truly worth. I really think in the right situation he could be a star, i just don't think it will ever be with us. Lonnie my dude man, and I don't say this cause I hate him, I just feel for him so to speak... It's that kind of relationship that no matter how hard you try it just never works out.

Dejounte
10-04-2021, 11:12 PM
DISCLAIMER: It's only one game. Primo was a top 4 rook tonight. Others who had good games: Giddey, Bouknight, and Barnes.

Moses Moody, Franz, Suggs, Kuminga, Kai Jones, Davion Mitchell, Jalen Johnson all appear to have played average-to-poor games.

raybies
10-04-2021, 11:15 PM
DISCLAIMER: It's only one game. Primo was a top 4 rook tonight. Others who had good games: Giddey, Bouknight, and Barnes.

Moses Moody, Franz, Suggs, Kuminga, Kai Jones, Davion Mitchell, Jalen Johnson all appear to have played average-to-poor games.

its not always about stats man... it's preseason... kids have good games and bad games. Personally I am looking at talent, skill, potential, character etc. This kid is special man. By the end of the year man, shit could be crazy.

John B
10-04-2021, 11:31 PM
Thanks Timvp. It’s off to a good start for our guys, albeit it’s the pre-season. But they look good and they should feel good about themselves and the hard work they put in in the off-season. Way to share the ball with almost all have an assist or two.I’m excited for Primo. He feels he belong out there, and that’s a great thing. I remember Kobe was the same in his rookie year. I know they will play him in Austin, and fittingly so to develop more his game, and physicality. But he would be a player to get excited about. I like what I see from Jock. He will earn his minutes with his type of play, and shooting with range. That said, Luka needs to continue working hard. Boy we’re stacked at the PF and smallball C position, which really necessitates Keldon to play the SF. McDermont has that stretch 4 locked, unless we play the play the Lakers or similar which they could start Landale or even Zollins when he gets back. Pop should have a lot of options to play with. Good stuff.

Fusternino
10-04-2021, 11:40 PM
Young on the move, then? Still a few teams, once you exclude 2-way and Exhibit 10 that have < 15 players.

ducks
10-04-2021, 11:44 PM
Waller for Simmons

raybies
10-04-2021, 11:44 PM
according to who played.. it looks like Thad getting traded and Aminu getting cut. I assume Pop wants to see a little more but I don't see how they fit.

That would round out the roster if I'm not mistaken.

raybies
10-04-2021, 11:48 PM
I'd have a package of Young, Aminu, Walker and/or Luka, going right now tbh with a pick and see what I could get.

Walker is close to contract and could use a change in scenery and Luka is just there for any semblance of value. I would put Vassel there but he got some good rookie years to use and he is very serviceable for depth as a wing.

Letting go of Lonnie also clears a path for Primo immediately.

Dejounte
10-05-2021, 12:03 AM
https://twitter.com/bibscorner/status/1427491970835001354?s=21

Thad and someone else are going to one of these teams.

Dejounte
10-05-2021, 12:09 AM
List looks a bit outdated.

Suns and Blazers make the most sense.

raybies
10-05-2021, 12:09 AM
I was just thinking man, with the wealth of "assets" so to speak even though I dislike that term in reference to ppl, we are set for a much quicker rebuild then I feel many think.

I understand it is very early, but my feel is that the team will be very competitive and make the playoffs, and if someone comes available at the deadline, we theoretically have a competitive offer that wouldn't hurt us much long term.

To me it's Thad, Aminu, Walker, and Luka... we got picks.. so. Could be interesting. Doesn't have to be a star either, just someone who impacts our odds of winning and clears space for those in the reserve. Like an elite role player type.

Draymond, Aaron Gordon, Jerami Grant... players like that, whether it be back court or front court.

siraulo23
10-05-2021, 12:55 AM
Spurs basketball is back and so are the Grades :bobo

koriwhat
10-05-2021, 01:32 AM
Thanks timvp! :tu

BackHome
10-05-2021, 01:46 AM
I was just thinking man, with the wealth of "assets" so to speak even though I dislike that term in reference to ppl, we are set for a much quicker rebuild then I feel many think.

I understand it is very early, but my feel is that the team will be very competitive and make the playoffs, and if someone comes available at the deadline, we theoretically have a competitive offer that wouldn't hurt us much long term.

To me it's Thad, Aminu, Walker, and Luka... we got picks.. so. Could be interesting. Doesn't have to be a star either, just someone who impacts our odds of winning and clears space for those in the reserve. Like an elite role player type.

Draymond, Aaron Gordon, Jerami Grant... players like that, whether it be back court or front court.

I like our young guys but it’s just one game against another teams deep bench players so let’s not get to excited. As far as trades I would hold off a little bit I really want to see what our draft picks can do as far as guys we picked up yeah if you can get a draft pick then I am cool with a trade just don’t want any old broke down vets back unless it’s a one year contract.

raybies
10-05-2021, 04:49 AM
I like our young guys but it’s just one game against another teams deep bench players so let’s not get to excited. As far as trades I would hold off a little bit I really want to see what our draft picks can do as far as guys we picked up yeah if you can get a draft pick then I am cool with a trade just don’t want any old broke down vets back unless it’s a one year contract.

Agreed to all points. It was an indicator though of what this team is capable of on a sunny day so to speak. I don't really look at numbers too much...

KobesAchilles
10-05-2021, 06:14 AM
I’m glad that DJ and Keldon were shooting 3s. I don’t worry about percentages. Just have that mentality to keep launching. That said, I didn’t see the game so idk if they passed up open looks or not. Lonnie looks like he is always gonna be a pup. No dawg in him.

Dejounte
10-05-2021, 06:35 AM
Thad, Samanic, and/ or Landale starting and getting heavy minutes the next game is the kind of shit Pop pulls. It would throw the whole trade theory out the window. We’ll see.

I do think if Primo continues to impress, regular minutes in the rotation are there for the taking.

Dejounte
10-05-2021, 06:41 AM
https://twitter.com/hectorledesmatv/status/1445219696345812993?s=21

When was the last time a rook got this much love and respect from both fans and teammates? Peep Murray at the end. Murray doesn’t usually warm up to rooks this quick. Primo will have bad games, but this is a great sign.

John B
10-05-2021, 07:13 AM

When was the last time a rook got this much love and respect from both fans and teammates? Peep Murray at the end. Murray doesn’t usually warm up to rooks this quick. Primo will have bad games, but this is a great sign.

The conservative way is to let Primo develop in Austin. But it would be great if Pop would take a chance, 1st coming off the bench and slowly insert him in the starting lineup in the SG position next to Murray. DJ seems to have a liking for the kid and could take him on his wing. Primo looks like he belongs out there.

poopbox
10-05-2021, 07:26 AM
People talking about Thad getting traded...who would want Thad Young ? Even if he does you not getting anything more than a 2nd round pick and maybe a young player who is on the verge of washing out of the league for him.

BillMc
10-05-2021, 07:38 AM
Thanks as always OP. :bobo

SAGirl
10-05-2021, 07:41 AM
who you think at this point gets the cuts lj?
There may be a trade for Thad Young and perhaps someone else, but if there aren’t any trades, it’s probably Aminu and one of KBD or Luka.

Of the last two, it’s probably going to be KBD, but he was brought in specifically to compete with Samanic, which shows us that Luka is on thin ground. I think at this point he’s a deep bench player that you keep because he’s still young and may develop but he’s looking increasingly like injury insurance and a practice body.

TheChillFactor
10-05-2021, 07:49 AM
Primo playing like that off the rip tells me everything I already knew about "pundits" and the IQ of the people on this board.

Mr. Body
10-05-2021, 07:54 AM
People talking about Thad getting traded...who would want Thad Young ? Even if he does you not getting anything more than a 2nd round pick and maybe a young player who is on the verge of washing out of the league for him.

He'd instantly upgrade Phoenix's front court. Might not be a stretch to say if they had him last year, they might have won a chip. He's down low very productive and a great vet.

SAGirl
10-05-2021, 07:56 AM

One wonders if Primo could be a top rookie in the conversation for first team all rookie and even rookie of the year if he didn’t get the mandatory GLeague get over yourself treatment. Thanks for the report. I am curious about Giddey and was pleasantly surprised to see his stat line, even shooting the 3 which isn’t a strength. OKC also decided to start him benching Poku.

It’s one game but when all one has are flashes, I’ll take Primos flashes and enjoy it.

raybies
10-05-2021, 08:03 AM
There may be a trade for Thad Young and perhaps someone else, but if there aren’t any trades, it’s probably Aminu and one of KBD or Luka.

Of the last two, it’s probably going to be KBD, but he was brought in specifically to compete with Samanic, which shows us that Luka is on thin ground. I think at this point he’s a deep bench player that you keep because he’s still young and may develop but he’s looking increasingly like injury insurance and a practice body.
I agree.. They knew this was his problem when they drafted him... he just doesn't approach the game in a professional way. He was inconsistent before and still chose him... I mean you just have to keep trying tbh... But i agree definitely a deep bench player for now until he puts it together if ever.

tbdog
10-05-2021, 08:11 AM
The conservative way is to let Primo develop in Austin. But it would be great if Pop would take a chance, 1st coming off the bench and slowly insert him in the starting lineup in the SG position next to Murray. DJ seems to have a liking for the kid and could take him on his wing. Primo looks like he belongs out there.

I read a stat somewhere that rookies generally are a net negative, even the lottery picks are. Also, when you are playing up against damn good players in the starting lineup - you start learning bad habits. That's what rushing development can do to you.

SAGirl
10-05-2021, 08:24 AM
If there was a 1st he would already be gone, so no the Spurs aren’t getting that kind of trade for him. He’s 33 already and his play could fall off any moment. Maybe not this season but it could be his last good one. It’s risky to trade a 1st round pick for a non star player that is this old. Spurs may have received salary dump offers with a pick attached that they rejected, we don’t know but since FA is over trades like that also dried up.

If he doesn’t get traded now, a waiver mid season or a buy out is possible. Maybe a team underperforms and wants him mid season but even then they wouldn’t offer a 1st round pick, but maybe a second, and some player.

playbonner15
10-05-2021, 08:35 AM
But it would be great if Pop would take a chance, 1st coming off the bench and slowly insert him in the starting lineup in the SG position next to Murray. DJ seems to have a liking for the kid and could take him on his wing. Primo looks like he belongs out there.

This is the ideal scenario, with D White leading the 2nd unit. Ginobili should whisper into Pop's ears some more

Gagnrath
10-05-2021, 08:43 AM

Thad Young is a rotation level power forward known to be a hard worker and good locker room guy on a reasonable contract. He gets you a mid to late first and a failing prospect, or he gets you a late second and a guy who doesn't fit the current teams timeline. Honestly that's the issue here. The guy is about three years older above the current timeline.

Personally I am a keep Thad trade Walker guy. I feel like Walker still has potential but is unlikely to be realized in San Antonio under Pop. I think 2022 is pop's last season. Pop is a good guy and pretty good coach, however he's not a headache whisperer. Lonnie is what is keeping Walker from turning the corner and growing. For people who respond to discipline tough love and learning experience opportunity pop is good. For people who need someone to build them up, hold their hand or channel the demons in their head. I would rather see the guy turn out to be more successful somewhere else than be here, unhappy and with unrealized potential.

I see Thad Young here as someone who can help show good work ethic, competition and professionalism while playing quality basketball. He isn't a real needle mover in terms of what a team needs for a championship, but for a young team he is what keeps guys from turning into Ben Simmons or Keon Clark.

rjv
10-05-2021, 09:07 AM
Landale... clearly needs to adjust to the game's speed and physicality. His turnovers were largely because of underestimated opposing quickness. Clearly a smart player; he'll adjust quickly.

Samanic... he remains highly intriguing to me, steps away from a bit of a monster, just... is going to find that door?

Walker... I like the dude, but he gets spooked. You can tell his brain just wipes when he's approaching the rim or has to do complex defensive rotations.

The rest are about as expected. Kinda wish Vassell were less passive. Primo spending much time down below will be an utter waste of time.

primo may be the player who ultimately determines walker's fate and it will really be walker's own doing. he lacks what primo clearly has and that is a lack of a fear factor. whereas primo brims with confidence, walker is very unsure of himself once he is on the court. if any of the younger players is expendable, i'd say it has to be lonnie.

KobesAchilles
10-05-2021, 09:08 AM
Completely off topic BUT... Ayton gonna be an RFA? Can we get in on that action somehow?

rjv
10-05-2021, 09:11 AM
Thad, Samanic, and/ or Landale starting and getting heavy minutes the next game is the kind of shit Pop pulls. It would throw the whole trade theory out the window. We’ll see.

I do think if Primo continues to impress, regular minutes in the rotation are there for the taking.

i have no problem if pop throws out another starting lineup for detroit; this is going to be an atypical season and there are some important roster decisions that have to be made very soon.

TDomination
10-05-2021, 09:23 AM
With a big chunk of this team being drafted by the spurs, this might be the most cohesive team we have had since the Duncan years. Not saying that they will be good, just cohesive. Meaning more familial, truly playing for one another.

most of the guys playing were drafted by the spurs, not many "outsiders" per se in the main group.

And add in the fact that there is no true superstar...yet on the roster, its easier for them to have to rely on each other. There is no ONE guy they can fall back on.

raybies
10-05-2021, 09:26 AM

I sense some potential foreshadow here... just the makings of a legendary career... pardon my sniffing.. it's just unprecedented at least for our city and team. Ppl can feel it. Almost gives me goosebumps. First game this kid ever played in SA and this is how the ship departs.

HankChinaski
10-05-2021, 09:29 AM
Overall the spurs played fast and aggressive. They need more time to adjust to each other on the court with paving and positioning in transition especially when passing out. They displayed an array of options on offense. Played aggressively on defense at times would have preferred they stayed in front of their man instead attempting to strip the ball.

Murray looked a bit awkward in the earlier minutes but seemed to get it together later on.

White just seemed our of place alongside Murray.

Jacob P. With some solid D.

Walker just looks confused with what he wants to do

Forbes with limited playing time looked great on offense and on defense displayed what we all expected.

Jock Landale just needs minutes adjusting to NBA speed. He had plenty of self awareness of players on the court. Hit a pair of 3s and looked aggressive playing d.

Keldon looked good, he had that nice fadeaway along the baseline that was just beautiful. If he can manage to bully and display finesse with his back to the rim like that consistently he will make large strides going forward.

Luka did not have a great opening night but it wasn't terrible.

Liked what I saw out of the hussle from Eubanks.

For the 1st preseason game. It was fun to watch. Just not going to over hype it considering the Jazz were running players deep from their bench the majority.of the game.

SAGirl
10-05-2021, 09:35 AM
It wouldn’t surprise at all if Pop cycles a different group for next game. Actually that’s pretty standard for what he’s done in the past preseasons. Heck he’s had games where he sits starters completely and just plays the guys competing for minutes and roster spots. This preseason is short so I think Coach wanted to test his desired roster initially to make adjustments but now that he’s seen it works out, mad scientist Pop will be in full swing.

raybies
10-05-2021, 09:35 AM
The fucked up thing is Primo is already over himself so if Pop tries to be stubborn ass, it would be so unfortunate... I know he likes ppl to get corporate knowledge and he believes in working your way up but... if it were me he would've been starting tonight based on the needs of the team... Pop is historically methodical in a land tortoise sense but I'm sure it is what ultimately happens in a year or two...

tonight...you
10-05-2021, 09:55 AM

That gave me goosebumps.

The Truth #6
10-05-2021, 10:01 AM
primo may be the player who ultimately determines walker's fate and it will really be walker's own doing. he lacks what primo clearly has and that is a lack of a fear factor. whereas primo brims with confidence, walker is very unsure of himself once he is on the court. if any of the younger players is expendable, i'd say it has to be lonnie.

Yeah, I agree with that. I like Walker but have come to accept his limitations. I would like them to give Walker’s minutes, for some games, to Luka so we can finally get a better idea of him as a player. But that’s just me.

SAGirl
10-05-2021, 10:02 AM
19 was the first to leave the court…^

rjv
10-05-2021, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I agree with that. I like Walker but have come to accept his limitations. I would like them to give Walker’s minutes, for some games, to Luka so we can finally get a better idea of him as a player. But that’s just me.

luka's lack of minutes last night baffled me. then again, primo did not enter the game until the 3rd quarter. i'm not sure if pop is still watching luka's hand, wanted to give eubanks a look before luka (and will change the rotations for the pistons game) or if luka has had an unimpressive camp. i guess we'll know more soon.

MannyIsGod
10-05-2021, 11:02 AM
Pop doesn't send players to Austin to "get over themselves". He sends them there because they're not ready to contribute. Obviously this year, with no "stars" on the team, the bar for contribution is way and if Primo is capable of being a backup who scores double digits on a regular basis then Pop won't send him to Austin because he'll just contribute here. Vassel didn't get sent anywhere last year, and now that this team has gotten rid of the older vets, there's even less of a chance that a rookie capable of contributing to the rotation will get sent to Austin. This team IS to an extent Austin this year. If Primo isn't in the regular rotation, its because they don't believe he's going to contribute enough to earn a spot. And even if thats the case at the start of the year, if we're halfway through and its obvious we're lottery bound, then they'll bring him in to play on the regular time, IMO. If he keeps this level of play up, there's zero chance he goes to Austin. That is a big if, though.

This has gotta be a make or break year for Lonnie and Luka, and to a lesser extent White. I'm confident we're going to get good things out of Keldon, DJ, and Poetl, but will Lonnie and Lonnie contribute? Will Derrick White take a step and actually be the best player on the team like many have said he is for years? Sending Dwhite to the bench is wrong, IMO. He's going to have to learn to play alongside DJ on a regular basis or else he's likely to get shipped, IMO. Or maybe not since I'm not sure how high his value will be.

Mr. Body
10-05-2021, 11:17 AM
Pop doesn't send players to Austin to "get over themselves". He sends them there because they're not ready to contribute. Obviously this year, with no "stars" on the team, the bar for contribution is way and if Primo is capable of being a backup who scores double digits on a regular basis then Pop won't send him to Austin because he'll just contribute here. Vassel didn't get sent anywhere last year, and now that this team has gotten rid of the older vets, there's even less of a chance that a rookie capable of contributing to the rotation will get sent to Austin. This team IS to an extent Austin this year. If Primo isn't in the regular rotation, its because they don't believe he's going to contribute enough to earn a spot. And even if thats the case at the start of the year, if we're halfway through and its obvious we're lottery bound, then they'll bring him in to play on the regular time, IMO. If he keeps this level of play up, there's zero chance he goes to Austin. That is a big if, though.

This has gotta be a make or break year for Lonnie and Luka, and to a lesser extent White. I'm confident we're going to get good things out of Keldon, DJ, and Poetl, but will Lonnie and Lonnie contribute? Will Derrick White take a step and actually be the best player on the team like many have said he is for years? Sending Dwhite to the bench is wrong, IMO. He's going to have to learn to play alongside DJ on a regular basis or else he's likely to get shipped, IMO. Or maybe not since I'm not sure how high his value will be.

Pretty much all of this. Also, Primo running point was important last night. This team has few facilitators. Really, it's just White and Murray's learned how to do the Parker role. I seriously doubt Primo spends much time down in the G-League. What's the point? Not only does he look ready to start honing his skills in the main league -- with bumps and scratches along the way -- the team actually needs him in a beneficial role. I think we see a number of four guard sets... that is, if we consider players like Vassell guards.

raybies
10-05-2021, 11:21 AM

Great points all together.

I might add White and Murray don't work. Both of them are incapable of playing off the ball. Murray needs the ball and White needs it too. White needs it more then Murray tbh, but Murray is just a stronger presence then him. If White was the player some have thought he would demand it. He's just not that dude. Playing from the bench would help him tremendously and no better guy to sell it to Pop or him is our new Special Advisor to the team.

baseline bum
10-05-2021, 12:33 PM
Pretty impressive game from Primo. I know it's preseason but that's still NBA competition. If the kid is ready to run then fuck Austin.

SAGirl
10-05-2021, 02:09 PM
Straight from Demar’s bag:

Mr. Body
10-05-2021, 03:18 PM
He looks a lot bigger than Murray in the end of that last video. Not sure if it's the angle, but not just height but physically.

PerforatedNeckline
10-05-2021, 03:26 PM
Posted this in the game thread, but here's a video of full-game highlights for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln9nvyCs8II&ab_channel=BeardedSport

timtonymanu
10-05-2021, 03:29 PM
“Son of a bitch, I’m in” did look pretty damn good yesterday

LaMarcus Bryant
10-05-2021, 03:33 PM
Orb Forbes is back
You bitches are screwed

wildbill2u
10-05-2021, 04:37 PM
Eubanks needs some love on this board. He had stats that can be read as the best of the game for the Spurs. Not only tied for high scorer with the mighty newcomer, but had respectable numbers in shooting percentages and rebounds. If you need a bench guy to come in and do the hard work without losing some offensive pressure, the Eubanks was as good as it gets.

DPG21920
10-05-2021, 04:38 PM
I was actually very encouraged by what I saw from Lonnie. Didn’t shoot well but imo he’s going to break out offensively. Game changed for the better when he came in. His ability to push the ball, his wayyyyy underrated passing and the fact he’s not being bashful?

He imo has the best 3PT shot that matters (Bryn + Doug likely better pure but Lonnies volume will matter more). Im calling it: Lonnie will have a massive breakout offensive year and will contend for highest scorer on the team.

Leetonidas
10-05-2021, 04:52 PM
Eubanks needs some love on this board. He had stats that can be read as the best of the game for the Spurs. Not only tied for high scorer with the mighty newcomer, but had respectable numbers in shooting percentages and rebounds. If you need a bench guy to come in and do the hard work without losing some offensive pressure, the Eubanks was as good as it gets.

:tu he has turned into a really solid back up energy big. Gonna be interesting to see how landale pans out because right now Drew definitely deserves the minutes at backup C

Seventyniner
10-05-2021, 05:08 PM
I was actually very encouraged by what I saw from Lonnie. Didn’t shoot well but imo he’s going to break out offensively. Game changed for the better when he came in. His ability to push the ball, his wayyyyy underrated passing and the fact he’s not being bashful?

He imo has the best 3PT shot that matters (Bryn + Doug likely better pure but Lonnies volume will matter more). Im calling it: Lonnie will have a massive breakout offensive year and will contend for highest scorer on the team.

Good to hear that you liked Lonnie's performance. Shooting isn't an issue with him, so if he's cleaning up the rest of his game that's great. I was only able to watch bits and pieces.

CGD
10-05-2021, 06:51 PM
Primo is the baby faced assassin.

SAGirl
10-05-2021, 06:58 PM
Kawhi was doing that before detrash.
keldon didnt play with Kawhi and wouldnt have gotten coaching from him so this is irrelevant :drunk

Mugen
10-05-2021, 07:26 PM

:lol He'll get neutered for Forbes the first mistake he makes. Unfortunately, Forbes being brought back was a death knell for Lonnie breaking out, Tre and probably Devin as well tbh.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Forbes is Top 3 in minutes halfway through the season, such a horrible signing.

Slippy
10-05-2021, 07:40 PM
Primo is the baby faced assassin.

Its most likely Pop will just see that baby face for now.

Flawless
10-06-2021, 11:26 AM
This ^ Both Eubanks and Landale are great, really wish both would get more minutes. I wonder if they could be played together?

Ocotillo
10-06-2021, 11:38 AM
This ^ Both Eubanks and Landale are great, really wish both would get more minutes. I wonder if they could be played together?

With Zollins lurking in the background I wonder if Zollins is able to come back and maintain health, if that means one of the 5s will be shipped somewhere else? Four centers is a lot nowadays.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-06-2021, 11:55 AM

If Lonnie isn't the best offensive player on the team by Xmas, cut his ass. :smokin