PDA

View Full Version : The Resurrection Chamber of Bryn Forbes

raybies
10-11-2021, 08:03 AM
"Rise Rise Rise"

We need a place to honor San Antonio's token Dark Knight.

He's the hero San Antonio deserves but not the one it needs right now. So we'll talk shit about him and make fun of him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent assassin, a watchful traffic cone, our Dark Knight.

Got you Bryn "Champion" Forbes. I'm back on the boat man. He's had a storybook career from an undrafted two with no genes, and just heart and mind. He literally reminds me of the movie "Rudy."

Lead us to the promised land Bryn Curry (Edit: but from the bench.*)

KingKev
10-11-2021, 08:27 AM
"Rise Rise Rise"

We need a place to honor San Antonio's token Dark Knight.

He's the hero San Antonio deserves but not the one it needs right now. So we'll talk shit about him and make fun of him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent assassin, a watchful traffic cone, our Dark Knight.

Got you Bryn "Champion" Forbes. I'm back on the boat man. He's had a storybook career from an undrafted two with no genes, and just heart and mind. He literally reminds me of the movie "Rudy."

Lead us to the promised land Bryn Curry (Edit: but from the bench.*)

I must admit he has earned his minutes as a key bench player at this point. He will always be a defensive liability but look at Patty: he bulked up and came along way on that side of the ball to become a sometimes pesky and smart defender from his hard work.

Bryn looks confident and his mid range game has improved. I genuinely think he is going to be a major contributor if he keeps this level of play/hustle up. I can no longer hate on a guy who works that damn hard and it’ll be easier to tolerate in a year we are certainly lottery bound.

raybies
10-11-2021, 08:52 AM
I must admit he has earned his minutes as a key bench player at this point. He will always be a defensive liability but look at Patty: he bulked up and came along way on that side of the ball to become a sometimes pesky and smart defender from his hard work.

Bryn looks confident and his mid range game has improved. I genuinely think he is going to be a major contributor if he keeps this level of play/hustle up. I can no longer hate on a guy who works that damn hard and it’ll be easier to tolerate in a year we are certainly lottery bound.

Yeah I get the hate but that ain't his fault. Pop picks and chooses who he plays, ya know. But Bryn himself, I can respect him for what he's been able to accomplish with his lack of tools. He's found a way to make a dollar out of 15 cents.

KingKev
10-11-2021, 09:55 AM
Yeah I get the hate but that ain't his fault. Pop picks and chooses who he plays, ya know. But Bryn himself, I can respect him for what he's been able to accomplish with his lack of tools. He's found a way to make a dollar out of 15 cents.

Won’t surprise me to see him dropping 15ppg, 40-45% 3pt on volume shooting

rjv
10-11-2021, 10:04 AM
i will say that bryn has looked better, in preseason, than patty looked last season but i'll wait until the season to feel better about his signing. that being said, he might wind up being one of the more consistent scorers on this particular roster.

raybies
10-11-2021, 10:48 AM
Bryn, believe it or not, was first in the league in points per touch last year with players who had more then 1,000 possessions. That's pretty crazy.. He's pretty much a modern day microwave. (Dougie was 3rd.)

Dex
10-11-2021, 10:53 AM
Bryn, believe it or not, was first in the league in points per touch last year with players who had more then 1,000 possessions. That's pretty crazy.. He's pretty much a modern day microwave. (Dougie was 3rd.)

As long as Forbes is shooting straight, scoring has never been a problem for him.

It always comes down to how much he gives up on the other end and whether that washes out or not.

That said...this team may need someone who can score consistently just to stay in games, and although it's only preseason, Bryn has been that guy so far.

KingKev
10-11-2021, 11:33 AM
As long as Forbes is shooting straight, scoring has never been a problem for him.

It always comes down to how much he gives up on the other end and whether that washes out or not.

That said...this team may need someone who can score consistently just to stay in games, and although it's only preseason, Bryn has been that guy so far.

Ad long as he doesn’t share the court with McD it should be easier to hide/help him on the defensive end with DJ/White/Vassell sharing the bulk of the minutes when he is on the floor. Bryn was playing in lineups that featured Derozan, Patty and Rudy Gay while he was here.

Mr. Body
10-11-2021, 12:15 PM
Forbes looks more vital than I expected. The team winds up running around like a chicken with its head chopped off way too often. It's not surprising, given the loss of big veterans and the new vets not knowing the system whatsoever. I can't believe Forbes is a calming hand, but he is so far.

KingKev
10-11-2021, 12:19 PM
He’s the people’s champ and leading us back to the promised land via a top 5 draft pick!!!

jeebus
10-11-2021, 01:05 PM
We're on this ride again, hm? Same thing when he was with the Spurs last time. He plays a couple of average games(this time it's just preseason, yet here we are) in a row and people are thinking "well, he's not that bad".

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-11-2021, 02:55 PM
I think dislike for Bryn is certainly because of how Pop uses him, no ill-will towards Bryn himself. He shouldn't be a starter, and he shouldn't be getting big minutes.

As the microwave off the bench in short stints...perfect!

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-11-2021, 05:27 PM
rather have shitty luka

RC_Drunkford
10-11-2021, 05:29 PM
only a matter of time until he starts at SG in place of Derrick White...

BillMc
10-11-2021, 05:49 PM
This title cracked me up. Thanks OP. :toast

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-11-2021, 05:53 PM
rather have shitty luka

I'd rather have just about sh!tty anybody, tbh. I was looking forward to the first season in a long time without a no-defense playing midget on the roster...but no.

Chinook
10-11-2021, 08:00 PM
Not the "Re-loaded Magazine of Bryn Forbes"?

TimDunkem
10-11-2021, 08:01 PM
More like the chamber pot.

raybies
10-11-2021, 08:49 PM
This title cracked me up. Thanks OP. :toast

Thanks Bill. I feel no one truly appreciates the intricacies of thoughtful writing.

I appreciate you.

raybies
10-11-2021, 08:50 PM
Not the "Re-loaded Magazine of Bryn Forbes"?
Yeah I thought about that thread, only this thread title was a package deal with the dispose so to speak.

MI21
10-11-2021, 09:44 PM
I'm fucking sick of his bullshit Pick & Roll play already and it's been what, 3 preseason games?

I'd rather watch Primo turnovers against ball pressure whilst getting reps than watch this guy chuck up junk 18 footers after a pissy attempt at snaking the PnR.

KobesAchilles
10-11-2021, 11:14 PM
Tbh I want him starting over Derrick.
Derrick, Lonnie, Vassell, Landale, Youngwould be fun to watch and great together.
We are going to be shitty on D anyways and with Poeltl the lanes are going to be clogged. Might as well have McDoug and Forbes start and open up the lanes a bit for KJ and Murray.

Fireball
10-12-2021, 03:29 AM
do not start him ... play him for 15 minutes ... do not play him in crunch time (unless he is totally on fire)

BillMc
10-12-2021, 06:19 AM
This seemed somehow appropriate.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS30pNzbs0eHRauo-dBEis-6Wd8489wntihArupGomeScy2CvuSVTWbfKqsEqta4-_nKgg&usqp=CAU

ceperez
10-12-2021, 09:46 AM
The thing about Forbes is that despite his physical limitations, he got better over time.

This is why you keep people like this in your organization.

jeebus
10-21-2021, 01:26 AM
:lmao

raybies
10-21-2021, 01:31 AM
yeah he ded again... but he will rise again.

Dverde
10-21-2021, 09:24 AM
This chamber is in quarantine until next game.

jeebus
10-22-2021, 10:32 PM
Fuck this piece of shit clown.

Philthemage
10-22-2021, 10:36 PM
So glad pop is pulling him

HankChinaski
10-22-2021, 11:02 PM
It's like he is getting perptual negative levels with each resurrection. Quick someone prepare Restoration.

If you understood that you are also a NERD.

Robz4000
10-22-2021, 11:35 PM
Somehow he's even worse than I remember.

duncan2150
10-23-2021, 04:14 AM
Fuck !

Biggems
10-23-2021, 07:43 AM
Pop should have never pulled Forbes from the Lazerus pit.....he may be reborn, but he still sucks

raybies
10-23-2021, 08:01 AM
nah he ded again...

The Truth #6
10-23-2021, 08:19 AM
Solid 12th man. Let's keep him in that role. Maybe he can work on towel waving? Drew can't do it all by himself.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-23-2021, 08:38 AM
forbes is like a random black hole on defense sucking his teammates in to bail out his mistakes and mis-positions, and attracting the ball as opponents seek to exploit his presence

widowmaker
10-23-2021, 08:49 AM
I hope after the game tonight he get on that plane and heads back to Milwaukee with the team he should have stayed with.

widowmaker
10-23-2021, 08:52 AM
Solid 12th man. Let's keep him in that role. Maybe he can work on towel waving? Drew can't do it all by himself.

Man they need to send that mother fucker to go sell hot dogs and nachos maybe put a cooler on him and sell beer in the stands.

John B
10-23-2021, 09:06 AM
I never like anyone having a bad game. He is still a Spur and anything he does good should just help the team more. I hope he gets back from this slump fast. I am not for heavy minutes, but at least his minutes just that he could contribute in a positive way

The Truth #6
10-23-2021, 09:19 AM
A 2003 Steve Kerr role feels appropriate.

slick'81
10-23-2021, 09:21 AM
A 2003 Steve Kerr role feels appropriate.

Except kerr was clutch af

Chomag
10-23-2021, 05:02 PM

So how's those shit sandwiches been tasting lately ?

spurs1990
10-23-2021, 06:19 PM

I paid attention to the bench reactions vs Orlando and Forbes was easily the most disinterested during good plays. Sometimes he'd be the lone guy not standing up. Just a completely eye sore of a player. Makes me glad about 80% of ST is on the same side tbh

OldMan88
10-23-2021, 07:40 PM
Bring him off the bench, give him a few shots. If they go in, let him keep playing. If they don’t drop, pull him out.

Teach him how to draw charges also.

jeebus
10-23-2021, 07:58 PM

spurraider21
10-23-2021, 07:59 PM
this thread is so cursed i thought clipper nation must have started it

KimmyGib
10-23-2021, 08:26 PM
Has he even scored once yet since the season began?

Scrooge McHolt
10-23-2021, 09:23 PM
This guy came in late third and turned in a one man run for the bucks. Waive him he’s trash.

SAGirl
10-23-2021, 09:56 PM
This chamber may appear to be alive randomly. I’d expect in some strange blowout, the thing will resurrect with a scoring explosion. Most other times though…

slick'81
10-23-2021, 10:07 PM
Please do not perform cpr

HankChinaski
10-23-2021, 10:12 PM
Someone get a hold of his will and put the work on the cease and desist on resuscitation.

Kidding aside. He needs a much tighter leash.

Chomag
10-23-2021, 10:14 PM
Someone get a hold of his will and put the work on the cease and desist on resuscitation.

Kidding aside. He needs a much tighter leash.Leash nothing, the dude is just pure unplayable in this league

Scrooge McHolt
10-23-2021, 10:28 PM
Give all his minutes to primo and put him out to pasture.

SAGirl
10-23-2021, 10:48 PM
Please do not perform cpr
Legit made me laugh. :bobo

BillMc
10-24-2021, 03:37 AM
Did someone unplug the resurrection machine?

jeebus
10-27-2021, 02:18 AM
I thought he did better tonight. He really picked up the slack after Doug went out with an injury. :claw

LaMarcus Bryant
10-27-2021, 09:36 AM
The Orb may be finished.

Chinook
10-27-2021, 12:16 PM
Pop should sit down with Bryn and frankly tell him that if he's cool with sitting on the bench and collecting a cool $5 Million, he can stay but won't be in the rotation unless Walker (and only Walker) gets hurt. Otherwise, he can choose to give up a huge buyout or wait until 12/15 for a trade. The same thing Pop is seemingly doing with Young, he should be doing with Bryn. Forbes has actual value to the Spurs as insurance, but the rotation shouldn't include him even for a couple of minutes. Even after the injury to McDermott, the rotation should be:

Murray, Jones
White, Walker
Vassell,
Johnson, KBD
Poeltl, Eubanks.

And they can sprinkle in the rookies if they need filler minutes. While the Spurs need shooting, the only viable place in the rotation for Forbes would be as a starter instead of Vassell, and that is going to make the defense harder and may not even really help the offense. Moving Vassell up is the right long-term move anyway. While I'd rather kick one of the guards down and move Walker up in addition to Vassell, bringing Jones into the rotation seems like a better move than having Forbes play there and tank the bench defense.

spurraider21
10-27-2021, 01:43 PM
Pop should sit down with Bryn and frankly tell him that if he's cool with sitting on the bench and collecting a cool $5 Million, he can stay but won't be in the rotation unless Walker (and only Walker) gets hurt. Otherwise, he can choose to give up a huge buyout or wait until 12/15 for a trade. The same thing Pop is seemingly doing with Young, he should be doing with Bryn. Forbes has actual value to the Spurs as insurance, but the rotation shouldn't include him even for a couple of minutes. Even after the injury to McDermott, the rotation should be:

Murray, Jones
White, Walker
Vassell,
Johnson, KBD
Poeltl, Eubanks.

And they can sprinkle in the rookies if they need filler minutes. While the Spurs need shooting, the only viable place in the rotation for Forbes would be as a starter instead of Vassell, and that is going to make the defense harder and may not even really help the offense. Moving Vassell up is the right long-term move anyway. While I'd rather kick one of the guards down and move Walker up in addition to Vassell, bringing Jones into the rotation seems like a better move than having Forbes play there and tank the bench defense.
stop

Sugus
10-27-2021, 01:56 PM
Somehow he's even worse than I remember.

:bang

RC_Drunkford
10-27-2021, 02:48 PM
he gon end up in China soon. That's where he will finally fulfill his potential of being Steph Curry, as the GOAT coach said

HankChinaski
10-27-2021, 02:50 PM
He went from shooting lights out in pre season to playing with the lights out since opening night. He hasn't improved after opening night just steadily dove further into the darkness.

At this point he needs to be at the end of the bench until he can shoot straight again. Because that is his only asset and he currently isn't playing with it.