PDA

View Full Version : Grades and Stats: 2021 Spurs Scrimmage - Oct. 13, 2021

timvp
10-14-2021, 03:10 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antonio-spurs-scrimmage-2021-grades-box-score-stats/

FvckMavs
10-14-2021, 03:30 PM
:toast, Thank you!

acoelho1
10-14-2021, 03:40 PM
An 18 year old with the best offensive repertoire on the team. Not sure yet if that's an indictment on the team or Primo is really a special talent.

Drom John
10-14-2021, 03:53 PM
An 18 year old with the best offensive repertoire on the team. Not sure yet if that's an indictment on the team or Primo is really a special talent.

Yes.

ginobilized
10-14-2021, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the grades!

Primo is integrating well and his game has a ton of upside. I can't imagine what he could be by age 22 if he continues to develop and grow an inch or two.
DJ is the clear leader and is out for blood this year. Should be fun to watch.

The other guys all showed more flaws during the scrimmage.

Joseph Kony
10-14-2021, 04:27 PM
It sucks because we all know in our hearts that Primo is going to be in Austin all season, despite the fact that the Spurs are garbage and will struggle to win 20 games this season :lol

exstatic
10-14-2021, 04:38 PM
It sucks because we all know in our hearts that Primo is going to be in Austin all season, despite the fact that the Spurs are garbage and will struggle to win 20 games this season :lol

It’s not about what the Spurs are, it’s about where he’ll develop best. More individual attention, more practices, more minutes. He’ll play the usual 15-20 rookie games in SA.

DPG21920
10-14-2021, 04:40 PM
As many of us said, there is virtually no way for Thad to play his value up. He needs to be traded now before he’s lost for nothing.

Chomag
10-14-2021, 04:51 PM
Thad Young is done, Spurs need to trade him fast before other teams catch on.

Larry O
10-14-2021, 05:54 PM
Orale vato! Josue, mi Primo, is primed with that "It Factor," it seems! It looks like this chavo will be something special for the Spurs when his time comes!!! Put some pico de gallo con mi cuervo, & GSG!!! :)

Mr. Body
10-14-2021, 06:29 PM
Luka Samanic - B-

Dex
10-14-2021, 06:36 PM
Luka Samanic - B-

https://c.tenor.com/8-_Y_Kem4qIAAAAd/denzel-washington-training-day.gif

Seventyniner
10-14-2021, 10:04 PM
Luka Samanic - B-

The "B" was for "bye-bye".

The minus was cause Samanic never really did much.

emanueldavidginobili
10-14-2021, 10:31 PM
No matter how the season plays out DJ is going to go nuts this year, book it.

poopbox
10-14-2021, 11:20 PM
We done Demarre Carrol'd ourselves again with Thad Young :rollin

At least its for one year and we got a draft pick out of it though...better than nothing

Pau...Demare...Thad...we need a poll to discuss the next veteran player who is good to ok everywhere else but then falls off a cliff when the spurs sign him :rollin

The Truth #6
10-14-2021, 11:28 PM
No matter how the season plays out DJ is going to go nuts this year, book it.

I’m thinking maybe so, too. I think he may even see Primo as direct competition to his perceived role and want to make a statement. In reality, those two may be our starting backcourt next year.

emanueldavidginobili
10-14-2021, 11:34 PM
I’m thinking maybe so, too. I think he may even see Primo as direct competition to his perceived role and want to make a statement. In reality, those two may be our starting backcourt next year.
I agree that’s why I want Primo on the squad this year because even though DJ might see Primo as competition I think he will take him under his wing, and It will be good for Primo

KobesAchilles
10-14-2021, 11:36 PM
I see really no reason for this whole G-league thing for Primo. Shit doesn’t even really work more than half the time. White and KJ are the two that stand out but Lonnie and Sammich were busts there. Hell Kyle didn’t really develop either there. Was the same player in and out. DJ developed by actually playing. And Vassell was doing good until Covid hit.

Primo needs to be in Pops ear all the time asking questions and listening to advice and stories straight from the man. Not a random dude in Austin. Plus tbh he’s out best bet for our back up PG anyways. We can find 20 minutes a game for him

slick'81
10-15-2021, 01:58 AM
Thad Young is done, Spurs need to trade him fast before other teams catch on.

hopefully like horry he warms up later in the season. Word was spurs wanted lauri involved but chicago balked. Both aminue ,and young are looking like hott garbage.Clearly chi wasnt giving up anything of real value in that s&t. Only reason spurs did the deal was probably that future first which god willing stays a first rnd pick

Spursfanfromafar
10-15-2021, 02:07 AM
Lol at cliff jumpers calling Young the next Carroll. Carroll was useless - wasn't a shooter or a facilitator and had regressed badly in defense by the time he came to SA. He was unplayable. Young otoh still works well on rebounding, facilitating even if he isn't as yettuned with the motion offense. Young can definitely help the Spurs reach respectability this season and at worst a good trade chip. Unlike Carroll who was worthless.

Fusternino
10-15-2021, 02:53 AM
Waiving KBD only to sign him to a two-way still looking plausible since Aminu was better?

RC_Drunkford
10-15-2021, 05:34 AM
Primo needs to be in the rotation off rip. Luckily we signed Forbes so he can spend the entire season in the G-League

Fireball
10-15-2021, 05:46 AM
we all want Primo but its not gonna happen ...

slick'81
10-15-2021, 06:13 AM
we all want Primo but its not gonna happen ...

Hell be unleashed at some point this season. Especially if spurs are out of playoff contention

The Truth #6
10-15-2021, 06:21 AM
Very curious how Walker fits in to all of this. Forbes is, ghastly, looking like a cheaper replacement. But I still want to see Tre, he was looking good in preseason and we need playmaking. Anyway, point is, if Primo was to get 20 minutes, who gets phased out?

SpurSpike
10-15-2021, 08:33 AM
If this is really Pops last year, Primo will get to role with the main squad. He has the talent and the drive, he needs time with nba caliber coach and players. If there was ever a time to play a rookie it's now when the team has no star and you have a very promising rookie.

Dejounte
10-15-2021, 08:34 AM
"Not just Josh, but I want all my clients to be with first class organizations that have a history or a pedigree for winning," Ramasar says. "You'll hear me always say that winning is contagious the same way losing is. All of us as human beings are products of our environment. I wanted Josh in that winning environment and I know he did, too. Pop, Brian Wright, and the front office are really doing their homework."

Ramasar is happy San Antonio will have a front row seat to watching Primo's physical growth and continued maturation in real time. (Remember, the 6-foot-6 rookie is 18 and isn't finished growing.)

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/amp/josh-primo-san-antonio-spurs-todd-ramasar-agent-16533261.php?__twitter_impression=true

Spursfanfromafar
10-15-2021, 09:40 AM
"Not just Josh, but I want all my clients to be with first class organizations that have a history or a pedigree for winning," Ramasar says. "You'll hear me always say that winning is contagious the same way losing is. All of us as human beings are products of our environment. I wanted Josh in that winning environment and I know he did, too. Pop, Brian Wright, and the front office are really doing their homework."

Ramasar is happy San Antonio will have a front row seat to watching Primo's physical growth and continued maturation in real time. (Remember, the 6-foot-6 rookie is 18 and isn't finished growing.)

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/amp/josh-primo-san-antonio-spurs-todd-ramasar-agent-16533261.php?__twitter_impression=true

Interesting but such a badly edited article by a newspaper website! "Brian Right"?, "I know he was static hearing his name called by Adam Silver"

Mr. Body
10-15-2021, 02:22 PM
His agent sounds like the anti-Klutch.

R. DeMurre
10-15-2021, 02:43 PM
:lol Let's just say Primo is 6'8" and run with that, and his assist-to-turnover ratio is better than Magic Johnson's. If you're gonna fudge the truth, you might as well have some fun with it.

R. DeMurre
10-15-2021, 02:56 PM
He was 6'4 and now hes 7 foot bruh. :lol

His wingspan is 7'8" and he's shooting 127% from the three point line.